Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Erased
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (23) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Mar 17, 2016 12:58 PM

Oct 2014
how can anyone still like this fucking stupid show
everything plays out in the most convienient way imaginable(satoru coma and memory loss only ocuur for yashiro not ending up arresred the police being a bunch of retards that can not figure out that the teacher disapearing from the stadium at the same moment satoru went missing show he is the killer)
every characters loves making stupid decisions(yashiro deciding not to kill satoru because of playing with him satoru revealing to the teacher who tried to kill him before that he had his memories back is like asking to be killed)
and yashiro gaku is a laughble unidimensional villain his backgroung story is terrible and he likes to kill little kids just for fun
Mar 17, 2016 12:58 PM

Mar 2013
Difference in the OP was the best part about the episode. Didn't care much about the rest. Not bothered by the "NTR", Kayo stopped being the main focus quite a while ago anyway.

As it is, the start of the series was leagues better than the last few episodes we got. I doubt the last episode is going to be anything special.
Mar 17, 2016 1:02 PM
Jul 2018
here we go again~
murder attempt #2

bit different from the manga... Wonder how the anime will end
removed-userMar 17, 2016 1:05 PM
Mar 17, 2016 1:04 PM

Dec 2014
I'm interested in Yashiro's past. Guess I'll have to pick up the manga now.

Nice that Satoru survived, I was actually hoping that he and Kayo would get together. But I suppose it was expected that she would move on with her life.

Decent episode overall but I felt the previous episodes far outclass this one.
Mar 17, 2016 1:04 PM

Apr 2014
Shrimperor said:
it wasn't NTR, guys, stahp.
This pic is still 10/10 tho

Sorry. Couldn't help it
Mar 17, 2016 1:06 PM

Jan 2015
-kV- said:
Eylandos said:

Bullshit. The mangaka is not a good one, hence why he doesn't explain how the revivals work and how the butterfly effect has no place in the story. He just wanted an interesting story dumbed down so that the readers could get invested without getting too technical.

This was a story of twists and turns. There was a romance but the author wanted the twist to be big enough the readers were surprised. Hence why he picked Hiromi (the trap) out of all them. Too much teasing by the mangaka left this to be a major problem in the story, hence why people are pissed.

The 'romance' always leaned more towards Satoru X Airi anyway, IMHO, in both manga/anime.

As for Hiromi being Kayo, that was intentional. BOTH Hiromi and Kayo DIE in the old timeline. Therefore, Satoru was entirely responsible for saving and creating a new family.

No it wasn't. There was no romance between them at all.

No Kayo and Sataro, there was a romance that had history and build up. From how he befriended her, to showing her the tree, defending her from the class, holding hands, blushing, sleep together and getting gifts for each other. I mean it was all there for a romance to happen and yet you people say "it wasn't a romance." If the author didn't want this controversy to be happening, the relationship should have been a lot more plutonic and less teasing.

It was an ntr imho and I am very disappointed the author chose this route in the manga.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 17, 2016 1:06 PM

Sep 2012
They planned the opening well I guess.. Taking out Satoru's original self and his 5th grade self. Other than that I can't help but say I saw this coming. 12 episodes to cover at least 44 chapters? Good luck. Maybe they can salvage the ending who know's.. Extremely rushed so far and no mention of Airi. Is the opening telling us how it will go down? Yashiro whips out a pistol on the roof on Satoru? Sigh.
Mar 17, 2016 1:07 PM

Nov 2013
Tamamitsune said:
I hate the fact that this show got as popular as it did, yes it is overrated but does it justify all the hate it's getting?

I mean, I haven't seen so much hate for an anime since sword art online and that's what 4 years ago?

I'm not even talking about this episode, ever since episode 1 there's been people bashing this show, is it just because of the popularity? Is it because it has a higher ranking than your favorite animu???

I mean sure, I don't want people giving it 10's just like that blindly following the hype and I do not think it deserves a top 10 ranking but people are literally hating the show because of popularity and little faults in the show giving it a score of "4" (Top reviewer apparently) Based on MAL, 4 scores a "Bad". Telling me unexplainable plot device, here and there a rushed episode, a NTR that isn't even a NTR, an opinionated episode 11 and manga readers criticizing every thing that isn't in the manga deserves a 4? and 490 people agreeing with it? ok lol. If that's not blind hate then I don't know what is.

Also, wasn't this an anime only discussion, why is everyone bringing out the manga on this discussion? Don't see what's in the manga, see what's in the anime and judge it for what the anime is, not what's been left out and getting salty over it. Personally, I haven't read the manga and I can gladly say I will give this anime an 8 no matter the ending.

(also glad they didn't fully adapt the manga, because man a few panels I see on how satoru is, makes me want to vomit on his character)

What's to like? It's a series of ass pulls, and yet MALplebs will rate this 10/10 thinking it's the best anime ever created.
Mar 17, 2016 1:07 PM

Jan 2014
Good episode, didn't expect them to cut what happened in the car.. though i suppose we'll find out in the next episode. Those gossips... (ノ>->)ノ ┫

Final episode approaches! damn.. I'll miss this anime. Please end it properly or even better, continue it :3
Mar 17, 2016 1:10 PM
Jul 2009
Eylandos said:
No it wasn't. There was no romance between them at all.

I think there was some obvious chemistry between Satoru and Airi, at least in the manga.

Eylandos said:
It was an ntr imho and I am very disappointed the author chose this route in the manga.

She might have had some feelings for him, but he was an adult, so it's unlikely he felt anything romantic for her. He's not a pedo, imo.
Mar 17, 2016 1:10 PM

Oct 2014
LightBladeNova said:
RayAdha said:
lol what's with those "Hated it" votes? Really different from previous episodes. Fake NTR and not being faithful to the source are the main reasons?

Disregarding the pseudo-NTR, probably the main problem with the episode is cutting out most of Yashiro's backstory. Now he's even more of a generic psychopath villain.

actually it is the nonsensical plot that makes satoru plot armored so he can not die even on sittuation the teacher had no reason at all for letting him live and the 15 year skip that is pointless to the story and the super convinient amnesia so the teacher does not get arrested right away
also satoru being retarded enough to say yashiro he has his memories back
Mar 17, 2016 1:13 PM

Jan 2015
1idd0kun said:

I think there was some obvious chemistry between Satoru and Airi, at least in the manga.

Talking about the anime and from what I saw there was zero romance between the characters.

1idd0kun said:
She might have had some feelings for him, but he was an adult, so it's unlikely he felt anything romantic for her. He's not a pedo, imo.

Right because all the romance they had in the first half of the show should be disregarded. The author stuck a giant middle finger to everyone who invested into the story.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 17, 2016 1:15 PM
Jul 2009
Eylandos said:
Right because all the romance they had in the first half of the show should be disregarded.

It's not the author's fault the only reason you got invested in the show is a pedo fantasy. There was a lot more to Kayo and Satoru's interactions than your non-existent romance.
Mar 17, 2016 1:15 PM

Oct 2014
and i got to say even though erased was not a good mistery at making you think about who is the killer the teacher brilliant backstory shows why we should be focusing more on the why he did that since he had very complex motivations
Mar 17, 2016 1:17 PM

Oct 2007
And thus the A-1 overhyped anime cycle is complete yet again. I bet it's less than a year before it happens all over again. Frankly also despite what people say I think they enjoy going through these motions.
PeacingOutMar 17, 2016 9:58 PM
Mar 17, 2016 1:18 PM

Jan 2015
1idd0kun said:
Eylandos said:
Right because all the romance they had in the first half of the show should be disregarded.

Like I said, he's not a pedo. And it's not the author's fault the only reason you got invested in the show is a pedo fantasy. There was a lot more Kayo and Satoru's interaction than you're non-existent romance.

Pedo fantasy? You are out of your mind.
Mar 17, 2016 1:18 PM

Jan 2014
worst episode so far... kind of disappointed
Mar 17, 2016 1:19 PM

Dec 2011
As expected many would hate this episode.Well it was okay and quite disappointed that they miss so many contents and has an original ending.Apart that if you see it just an anime it is okay but lack some character development.
Mar 17, 2016 1:20 PM

Jul 2015
Sachiko is best mom in anime
Mar 17, 2016 1:24 PM
Jul 2014
Should have known this would eventually get screwed up the moment it was announced to only be 12 episodes. It's still weird though since A-1 had no issues doing this for Your Lie in April and giving it a well done adaptation with the right number of episodes. Not sure who made the final decision in this case but it's definitely disappointing.
Mar 17, 2016 1:27 PM

Dec 2012
Bleh,the hamsters part was totally unnecessary

What the fuck is happening,where's Airi
Mar 17, 2016 1:31 PM
Nov 2012
Hahahaha, oh my god, this was so stupid. You can always tell when an adaptation gets rushed when nothing makes sense in the episode. I won't defend the manga as amazing literature or anything, but at least it tried to make sense of things (kind of).
Mar 17, 2016 1:32 PM
Apr 2014
ColdBreeze said:
Just curious but how well is the anime doing in Japan?
Any infos? Would like to know if it's also so well received as here.

http://sgcafe.com/2016/02/fans-rank-the-top-20-winter-2016-anime-they-want-to-continue-watching/

I only know of this one.
See for yourself, where it ranks.
Mar 17, 2016 1:33 PM

Oct 2014
kawaii-despair said:
Bleh,the hamsters part was totally unnecessary

What the fuck is happening,where's Airi

got replaced by sensei in this episode.
Mar 17, 2016 1:33 PM

May 2014
First episode in few weeks that didn't make me pause likes 20 times. I even somewhat enjoyed it. Still made me rolling my eyes from time to time tho, and I haven't read the manga.
Mar 17, 2016 1:35 PM
Jan 2014
Probably gonna read the manga after the anime finishes.
Mar 17, 2016 1:37 PM

Jun 2015
These butthurts are delicious.

Anyway didn't see something like this coming I'm surprised and definitely better episode than the one before.
Mar 17, 2016 1:40 PM

Oct 2011
Anyone find this odd or is this just me? Was bothering me the whole time.

Mar 17, 2016 1:43 PM

Jun 2013
It turned out quite unexpectedly and I love it.
Mar 17, 2016 1:44 PM
Jul 2018
Oh forgot to say this, satoru got saved by magic!
Mar 17, 2016 1:44 PM
Mar 2011
After this episode I think that the teacher is a good character. I don't care about the relationship between other characters... Don't understand why people are so upset....
Mar 17, 2016 1:45 PM

Jan 2013
Satoru got cucked to hell in this ep.
Mar 17, 2016 1:45 PM
Feb 2016
It wasnt "BAD" too say but they rushed it ALOT. The Hamster/Teachers story was really rushed, barely explaining his backstory. And why the HELL would they skip Airi coming back?!? They had already skipped Hinazuki coming back last episode, at the very least they could have made her return. Not exactly positive but from what I read in the manga (SORTA SPOILER)

Gaku had remained hidden from Satoru, not revealing himself until later on. In the anime they just straightout revealed him. And was it just me or did he look alot different from the manga?

Dunno, this episode just felt very underwhelming to me.. This show needed atleast 3-4 extra episodes. The teachers return didnt have as much of an impact on me, the mom and her thoughts on the situation was better explained in the manga. There was really good parts that came into the anime like what the mom did to help, Kenya and Hiromi coming back, etc. Just disappointed overall though..

3/5 for my score.
Mar 17, 2016 1:46 PM

Jul 2012
RIP best ship, Kayo x Satoru
I don't understand how Satoru escaped from the car but reading some of the posts, there's a lot of rushed and butchered shit which is a shame; can't say I'm surprised though.
I don't really have high hopes for the last episode but as a non-manga reader, it has potential to satisfy me.
Mar 17, 2016 1:46 PM

Oct 2015
Kind of disappointed seeing Kayo marrying another man.But the moment i liked the best was the ending as Satoru said his memories came back :D
Mar 17, 2016 1:48 PM
Jul 2015
Jesus, the manga warriors are out today. I can't believe people are going to let something in the last 2 episodes bug them after they loved nearly the entire show. Yeah it was rushed in this ep, yeah it had some original stuff in it not in the manga, but damn. I digged this episode and I still absolutely loved this show. Pull your dicks out of your asses please.
Mar 17, 2016 1:48 PM

Apr 2014
Smh, I don't think they're going to bother explaining why Satoru has time traveling powers, he just had them.

Well still a decent episode anyway.
Mar 17, 2016 1:49 PM

Jun 2010
The shippers' reaction was to be expected, but it literally doesn't matter, since, y'know, there was never any reason to pedo-ship. Wanting to save her does not equal wanting to date her - and look how happy she is, let her be happy. With a happy family no less, something she so dearly needed.

Still, so much for the manga ending. I knew they wouldn't have time, but this episode in particular they had to rush even the parts they did keep. Yes, it was pretty bad adaptation-wise. So much interesting and important stuff got cut out. I don't mind so much that they wanted to stray from the manga near the end, but at least do justice to the parts that aren't anime-original. This episode, while not the worst thing in anime history, failed to portray what the manga showed splendidly - the internal and external struggles of the characters. It also didn't explain quite a few things that demand an explanation and made Satoru's anime-actions quite weird and unreasonable. Crippled and alone with a murderer in a location nobody knows you're in? Time to threaten him!

And yes, the villain has so much more to him than "drowned a hamster", that's a whole chapter thrown out of the window. Unless they decide to elaborate on him in the last episode, but I don't see that happening.

I still enjoy this anime plenty. I like how Satoru was... ERASED from the opening. Even though I do prefer the original title "The Town Where Only I Am Not" since it made my jaw drop when its true sense was finally revealed in the manga.

Everybody should give the manga a try after finishing this anime, especially if they are disappointed in the ending.
ewormMar 17, 2016 1:54 PM
Mar 17, 2016 1:54 PM

Jul 2014
It is not a bad chapter but in the case of this series I think that has been the worst, not transmitted to me what other chapters did.

First, the explanation of the hamster and the spider web doesn't give me the reason of the murderer.

Second, when Satoru recovers memory.....¿could not make a best scene for something so important?, I say, has been in a coma 15 years and goes to remember everything.

And Hinazuki, it would be foolish to wait many years, but it seems to me a low blow that appeared with a child. I say this for the viewer,, they put so much effort into the relationship of Hinazuki and Satoru of children's, although just were children , the viewer doesn't see it of that way and suddenly appears with a baby as telling : fu%k you xD (although I sympathize more with Airi ) . My score will go down and beg to have a good ending.

Sorry for the bad english xD
Mar 17, 2016 1:54 PM

Jun 2015
I liked Satorou missing from the opening. I wish they had stayed a little bit more faithful to the manga regarding Airi and Yashiro but I guess they didn't have the time. Even skipping that this shit was still too rushed though.
DessssyMar 17, 2016 2:04 PM
:)
Mar 17, 2016 1:55 PM

Jul 2015
Felt rushed, but still satisfying for me as non manga reader.

Do you think Airi will be somehow mentioned in the last episode? It seems like they forgot about her, and my first impression was she's kinda important character in the series
Mar 17, 2016 1:55 PM

Dec 2012
Gov said:

It would've been a lot better if that was actually the case lol
Mar 17, 2016 1:56 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
I'm enjoying this a lot. I'm so happy I didn't read the manga, since it seems that almost all who did hated this episode.

In any case, it's ludicrous to think that any girl would have waited 15 years for a guy who she may or may not have had feelings for.

And kudos for this story to actually portray the waking from a coma more realistically than 99% of fiction out there.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Mar 17, 2016 1:58 PM
Jul 2018
abaddona_xe said:
Felt rushed, but still satisfying for me as non manga reader.

Do you think Airi will be somehow mentioned in the last episode? It seems like they forgot about her, and my first impression was she's kinda important character in the series

They cut her scenes from the manga.
Mar 17, 2016 1:58 PM
Mar 2013
this was quite a nice episode. might have to raise my score for it

>tfw you travel back in time to save a girl and lose 15 years of your life only to get cucked by a trap
Mar 17, 2016 2:00 PM

Jun 2012
Gov said:

I guess we found out who the real NTR is...

Aug 2013
LOL this is completely ruined, Anime original shit, RIP ERASED

Jul 2015
Ding dong

Hello MAL here's your package of salt please enjoy

Why thank you very much I will savor it

This is what happens when you overhype a show and think everything is going to go well
Mar 17, 2016 2:01 PM

Feb 2015
BRING ME THE AUTHOR'S HEAD RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!!!!

This is so salty. so salty. so salty. eveyone are so salty. this anime is so salty. so salty. so salty. this thread is so salty. this forum is so salty. MAL is so salty. everything around me is so salty. i'm salty. this world is so salty.
WHY THE AUTHOR DID THAT ?!!! SOMEONE PLEASE ASK HIM ON THE TWITTER NOW!!!! ;_;

I mean, why ? c'mon ? why ? it's not like i didn't expect that, i actually expected that but why ?????? freaking why ???? it is happy for me to see Kayu in that age but that baby.... ;_; Hiromi you bastard!!!!!

joke aside......yes....all of that is a joke because....i don't give a shit anymore about shipping. i'm done af. i don't give a shit!!!

i don't know what i'm not feel satisfied about this episode, probably will be the same with the ending. welp, the ending is too obvious. we can see what will happen if they show a cliffhanger like that.
what? you ain't gonna tell me satoru will die? then i'm done af with this anime!!!
but still, i like Kayo in that age. looks beautiful, but that baby ;_; ;_; ....i'm just joking.....
LOL the rank and the rating went down. and lol this episode voting. for me, i ain't gonna give 1/5 even if it is salty to me.....wait! i forget that was only a joke to me XD XD

RIP ERASED
Edit: i wonder people will make a rant video on youtube just because of the salt in this episode XD XD.

Oujii said:
Gov said:

I guess we found out who the real NTR is...

Let's wait for the dounjinshi to come XD
YizelTroMar 17, 2016 2:16 PM
Mar 17, 2016 2:04 PM

Oct 2014
Enjoy this hot meme, I am totally contributing to the discussion!!
https://gfycat.com/LateSecretAoudad
I don't know why people write that they are approachable persons,
if you were you wouldn't be on MAL.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Extended families or lovers on MAL are a farce.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Pages (23) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2016

1400 by bakakisima »»
8 hours ago

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 4, 2016

769 by Jocku »»
Apr 17, 10:27 AM

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 10, 2016

900 by bakakisima »»
Apr 12, 2:03 PM

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 3, 2016

498 by bakakisima »»
Apr 11, 1:04 PM

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 25, 2016

581 by bakakisima »»
Apr 11, 12:06 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.