Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Erased
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (23) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Mar 17, 2016 12:18 PM

Jun 2013
Yeah I'm sorry but no. Just no. They didn't even show Yashiro's past.. and instead of Airi showing up to destroy the film, it was Yashiro. Um?? And don't even get me started on the ending. Satoru gets back his memories just like that, the fuck. I..

This was a fucking mess. A mess. 1/5
Mar 17, 2016 12:19 PM

Jul 2015
szympus11 said:
xaos12 said:

They even cut the airi scenes with satoru.

well fuck i thought i'll give this anime 9 or even 10 but now because all that rush i'm not so sure

Give it a (weak) 8, that's what it deserves.

I like the anime but damn is it overrated
Mar 17, 2016 12:19 PM
Nov 2014
Okay, theory time.
Mar 17, 2016 12:21 PM

Jan 2014
kirisakitrash said:
Johndahon94 said:
Does anyone know where abouts I can pick up the manga from before this episode?
For this episode, it began with chapter 32. But, like said above, it would be better if you read the manga since the beginning, since they've skipped a bunch of scenes.

Well I might aswell considering that would be 2/5ths of the manga anyway, that just puts it into perspective of how rushed the ending really is.
Mar 17, 2016 12:21 PM

Feb 2013
1idd0kun said:
kirisakitrash said:
I would hate to spoil you the actual ending, but the manga's ending was... Mediocre.

That's not mediocre. It makes total sense for Airi to be the one to do that. After all, it was Airi who showed Satoru there were people who believed in him, and also taught him to believe in himself. She also taught her to never give up on his dreams (that line about dreams is exactly what unlock his memories). Airi has been key to his character development all this time. Even in the anime (even though some of her scenes were removed),

and still people shipped Satoru with Kayo? i always felt he would end up with Airi, and this just proves it, they should have end together (not sure how they end in the manga tho)

Mar 17, 2016 12:22 PM

Oct 2011
Lmao at the NTR and people denying there ever wasn't one. Gotta love the apologists.

Mar 17, 2016 12:24 PM

Jan 2015
Shrimperor said:
The Adaption where it was rushed...

Honestly, i am not so mad at skipping stuff or cutting Airi...
but getting his memmories back so fast ._.

Also, Director confirmed in the Interview that he is Hinazuji fan, no wonder he cut Airi out :p

HaXXspetten said:
Seriously? This is what people refer to as NTR? Are you kidding me? Grow up lol

Hating on an anime like this for something that stupid is beyond retarded

+10000000000
I still fail to understand how what happened is NTR.

It isn't. Trolls just like to claim it is and comment on how people "must be salty now". Who gives a fuck really. But what they did to the Killers backstory: hahahahaha. It wasn't terribly convincing in the manga either, but this takes the cake.
Mar 17, 2016 12:25 PM

Jul 2014
Gov said:
Lmao at the NTR and people denying there ever wasn't one. Gotta love the apologists.

This is glorious.
"Beyond the veil of cherry blossom petals blown by the wind - almost like their promised reunion -

Feelings pile up with the passage of time: once the torrent of emotions comes rushing down, what is the spectacle that awaits?"
Mar 17, 2016 12:25 PM

Mar 2013
MAL's saltiness never fail to impress
Mar 17, 2016 12:26 PM

Jul 2014
KariRaiha said:
Naa this episode fucked it up for me. I'm salting the score down to fuck it level. Will now read the manga chapters to spoil the ending for me because I don't give a fuck anymore.

Same. Kayo not ending up with Satoru killed me.
Shirayuki= Most Perfect Female MC ever
Mar 17, 2016 12:28 PM

Oct 2014
it wasn't NTR, guys, stahp.
This pic is still 10/10 tho
Mar 17, 2016 12:28 PM

Oct 2011
Lmao the memes begin. This is too much.

http://i.4cdn.org/a/1458242220345.webm
Mar 17, 2016 12:29 PM

Feb 2013
Shrimperor said:
it wasn't NTR, guys, stahp.
This pic is still 10/10 tho

people who cant accept they look great as a couple dont have any taste.

Mar 17, 2016 12:30 PM
Apr 2014
Gov said:

--------------------------------------------
Mar 17, 2016 12:31 PM

Sep 2010
It was pretty neat to see Satoru removed from the opening while everyone's faces were finally revealed.

"to the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world." -a magnet
Mar 17, 2016 12:31 PM

Jul 2015
Almost everything from Yashiro's past were deleted -_- I hope we see more at the next (and final) episode.
Mar 17, 2016 12:32 PM

Sep 2014
Gov said:
Lmao the memes begin. This is too much.

http://i.4cdn.org/a/1458242220345.webm

This is gold.

All these people denying that it's NTR is amazing.
Mar 17, 2016 12:33 PM

Jul 2009
Disappointing, 11 episodes already and no answer or any type of explanation about how the plot device 'revival' works.
Also how he got out of that car? The teacher killed anyone during Satoru coma? Where's Airi?

Looks like this series will have an average ending with this rush and so many questions which wasn't addressed until now.

Dec 2013
aye?

Stay in yesterday 時を止めて

Dec 2015
The Cuck Without Me, by Hinazuki Kayo

When i get bigger, big enough to go somewhere by myself, i want to cuck my friend who's far away. My friend who's in a coma for 15 years. The friend who saved my life. I want to leave him with nothing but pain and sadness. He will have no adults, children or classmates, only his mom. I will **** his friend when i want to **** his friend, i will cuck him when i want to cuck him and visit him with his friend's baby when i want to. I will then think about the cuck i left behind. Kids go to school, like nothing has changed. Adults go to the office, like nothing has changed. His mom eats like she used to. When i think about the cuck without me, i can't help but to laugh. I want to cuck my friend.

LOL
Mar 17, 2016 12:35 PM
Apr 2014

------------------------------

Dec 2015
Jonny_Mhl said:
Disappointing, 11 episodes already and no answer or any type of explanation about how the plot device 'revival' works.
Also how he got out of that car? The teacher killed anyone during Satoru coma? Where's Airi?

Looks like this series will have an average ending with this rush and so many questions which wasn't addressed until now.

The thing is that the revival thing is not supposed to be explained that much since it's a fantastic element. It just happens.

Oct 2011
Drake1000 said:
Gov said:

--------------------------------------------

The tears, the anger and the people getting this salty made this terrible episode somewhat enjoyable.
Mar 17, 2016 12:36 PM

Oct 2014
Drake1000 said:

and that's why he cut Airi out, huh?
Mar 17, 2016 12:36 PM

Jun 2014
I haven't read the manga and thats why the ep makes so much sense to me. I even watched it twice!

In the beginning, the backstory was extremely dark and shows the mind of the young psychopath. Felt kind of like a trip to his psychology and why did he kill.

The whole episode had too many moments that made me cry. Starting with the OP with Satoru completely "ERASED" from it and threads over the girls' heads. And ending with the "I have my memory back".

I will explain how did it make sense to me now....

First, none of us can wait for 10 minutes, let alone 15 years. Seeing Kayo happily married to Hiroomi was so nice and heartbreaking at the same time. But keep in mind they both wouldn't have any future without Satoru's hard work to save them both. They both got killed by the same killer at a young age. So now in this time line, they got married to each other. I kinda imagined her married to someone else but not Hiroomi. But the thought that this baby wasn't going to be born without Satoru makes me wanna sob.

Second, Where is Airi? yes, all of us are wondering where did she disappear? I
kinda have a strong feeling she will have a great scene in the next ep. A scene that will break all of our hearts. But until then lets rationalize here, Satoru didn't even meet her in this timeline. She wouldn't know who he is. In fact, he didn't have any memories of the time before his last revival. which brings me to my next point.

Third, Satoru forgot completely about his revival and all what he has done to save everyone. He thought it was his own fate neglecting the fact that even Kayo's fate was to get killed. He got to save people and change their fate but he was the one harmed. He lost his memory as a result and didn't know why was he able to draw well nor the fact that he's a manga artist. Never mind that, he didn't even know why was he able to read Kanji.

Last, the sudden appearance of the teacher. He introduced himself to Satoru as if he didn't do anything. Why you ask? Because he knew Satoru lost his memory. Let me forward to the moment the teacher was pushing the weal-chair, Satoru felt the terror he had when the teacher was driving the car. The teacher was careful he even wore gloves and asked Satoru to press the button so his fingerprint would be there. He planned it ahead. Now Satoru remembered how did everything happen.

Lets all hope all that rehab time will save him from this unfortunate situation.
Mar 17, 2016 12:38 PM
Apr 2014
Shrimperor said:
Drake1000 said:

and that's why he cut Airi out, huh?

Well he's clearly a Hinadzuki fanboy, I wouldn't be surprised if it is the case
If you read the manga you know what happens with Airi.
Towel Attendant

Dec 2014
A strange change of pace for this episode. It was like unpacking a rubber raft out of its tiny box.....after its unfolded you wonder how the heck it all fit in the tiny box. My favorite part was the thread running from the wheel chair up to the sky at the end. Death flags have nothing on Death Webs.

Nov 2013
The shippers crying and bitching makes this unlimited rush works episode enjoyable.

Don't be salty for fuck sake. He doesn't need that bitch. He has his best grill mom and is a hero. What else he needs, shippers?
Mar 17, 2016 12:39 PM

Jul 2009
KonoYume said:
Jonny_Mhl said:

The thing is that the revival thing is not supposed to be explained that much since it's a fantastic element. It just happens.

This is pure bullshit, nothing else.
Mar 17, 2016 12:40 PM

Jul 2014
So people are seriously getting butthurt about Kayo ending up with Hiromi? Granted, I don't think it makes much sense either but we've missed out on 15 years while Satoru was in a coma; goodness knows what kind of things happened in that time. But yeah, this wasn't an amazing episode, but it was interesting in its own right. I'm just struggling to see how this can feasibly end in one episode without feeling really rushed.
Mar 17, 2016 12:41 PM

Apr 2013
I was expecting this episode to be a trainwreck from all the comments, but it wasn't really. The time skip was indeed jarring, but other than that this seemed to be on line with the previous episodes. I feel as if the drop in quality actually happened after episode 4 or 5 and since then it never went back to that excellence.

About the NTR thing, I find the fact that there are plenty of shippers of Satoru with Kayo more disturbing than the supposedly NTR that took place. Like, all their interactions occurred when Satoru was 29, didn't they?
5 main aspects I base my ratings on:
1. Did DramaEnthusiast make a thread about it?
2. Is it better than Breaking Bad?
3. Did MellowJello recommend the shit out of it?
4. Has it caused a (very entertaining) shitstorm on MAL?
5. Is it actually good?

Scratch the fifth point, it's not very relevant...

Oct 2015
I have just a few words: Yashiro/Nishizono is a son of a bitch.
AAAAAAAAAAH IT WAS SUCH A INCREDIBLE EPISODE. Future have changed so much... Kenya, Hiromi, KAYO AND HER KID <3 I didn't expect that Kayo would marry with Hiromi. It's like WHAT, WHT HAPPEND WITH SATORUxKAYO? However, I'm happy for her. She deserves live.
In sum up, I have a lot of feels with this episode. Anger, helplessness, happiness, excitement...

Mar 2014
This was another one of those emotional roller coaster episodes, reading through the comments I'm glad I haven't read the manga yet (has is been licensed?)

When Kayo appeared I felt like crying too
Mar 17, 2016 12:42 PM
Jul 2018
First half of the episode was pretty good. The second half however was quite different from the manga which is sad.

Nov 2015
meh, what a gigantic ass pull this whole thing was, "he's gonna catch the killer, ohh no he lost his memories!"
aside from that, it was kinda cute seeing his friends all grown up

Jan 2015
danieltortoisee said:
So people are seriously getting butthurt about Kayo ending up with Hiromi? Granted, I don't think it makes much sense either but we've missed out on 15 years while Satoru was in a coma; goodness knows what kind of things happened in that time. But yeah, this wasn't an amazing episode, but it was interesting in its own right. I'm just struggling to see how this can feasibly end in one episode without feeling really rushed.

People are more pissed at the amount of development Sataro and Kayo had that they didn't end up together. If they aren't going to get into a romantic relationship, don't bother teasing the viewers with this romance shit. The blushing, the long stares, holding hands and sleeping next to each other. Arthur slapped everyone in the face with that Hiromi bullshit relationship.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 17, 2016 12:44 PM

Dec 2012
First off, the NTR whining is BS. Satoru wanted to save Kayo, not date her. The manga and at least I thought the anime always seemed to be push Satoru X Airi anyway.

But seriously wtf, why would they change Airi not being the one who shows up to destroy the tape...
Mar 17, 2016 12:45 PM

Apr 2014
I haven't read the manga, but this episode was horrible! It felt like they skipped 6 episodes or so. It was way to rushed and the ending was bullshit aswell. How the F did he get his memories back? Only good thing about this episode was the OST
Mar 17, 2016 12:47 PM

Nov 2014
kirisakitrash said:
aikaflip said:
I haven't read the manga. Is it better? From the looks of the poll, I'm assuming it probably is.
I would hate to spoil you the actual ending, but the manga's ending was... Mediocre.

I'll read the spoiler after I finish the series. Thanks.

Gov said:

Lmao! I see why people are pissed now. I wasn't expecting any romance out of this (because anime generally sucks at it), so I wasn't bothered by Kayo moving on. The main thing that kind of annoyed me was how Killer-sensei showed up out of no where, and how abruptly Satoru's memories came back. It was all a bit rushed. And, as @devinder pointed out, there were maybe one too many tropes. Time travel was fine, but then it threw in a coma and amnesia.

It wasn't that terrible though. I might lower my rating from an 8 to a 7 depending on how the last episode goes.
Mar 17, 2016 12:49 PM
Jan 2016
I hate the fact that this show got as popular as it did, yes it is overrated but does it justify all the hate it's getting?

I mean, I haven't seen so much hate for an anime since sword art online and that's what 4 years ago?

I'm not even talking about this episode, ever since episode 1 there's been people bashing this show, is it just because of the popularity? Is it because it has a higher ranking than your favorite animu???

I mean sure, I don't want people giving it 10's just like that blindly following the hype and I do not think it deserves a top 10 ranking but people are literally hating the show because of popularity and little faults in the show giving it a score of "4" (Top reviewer apparently) Based on MAL, 4 scores a "Bad". Telling me unexplainable plot device, here and there a rushed episode, a NTR that isn't even a NTR, an opinionated episode 11 and manga readers criticizing every thing that isn't in the manga deserves a 4? and 490 people agreeing with it? ok lol. If that's not blind hate then I don't know what is.

Also, wasn't this an anime only discussion, why is everyone bringing out the manga on this discussion? Don't see what's in the manga, see what's in the anime and judge it for what the anime is, not what's been left out and getting salty over it. Personally, I haven't read the manga and I can gladly say I will give this anime an 8 no matter the ending.

(also glad they didn't fully adapt the manga, because man a few panels I see on how satoru is, makes me want to vomit on his character)
Mar 17, 2016 12:49 PM

Apr 2013
ColdBreeze said:
Jonny_Mhl said:

1. I guess Yashiro saved him, because, you know, he wnats to observe him or something. It was just a prank, he never wanted to kill him.

2. Don't know, would like to know too.

3. Cut, as it seems.

Read chapter 34. They skipped some explanations.

Revival isn't a plot device, nor is the point to explain it. If that's what you care about, you miss the point of the show. If you want that explained, go watch discovery channel or some pseudo-science documentary and learn real science because it doesn't exist for a reason my friend.
Mar 17, 2016 12:50 PM

Jan 2015
-kV- said:
First off, the NTR whining is BS. Satoru wanted to save Kayo, not date her. The manga and at least I thought the anime always seemed to be push Satoru X Airi anyway.

But seriously wtf, why would they change Airi not being the one who shows up to destroy the tape...

Bullshit. The mangaka is not a good one, hence why he doesn't explain how the revivals work and how the butterfly effect has no place in the story. He just wanted an interesting story dumbed down so that the readers could get invested without getting too technical.

This was a story of twists and turns. There was a romance but the author wanted the twist to be big enough the readers were surprised. Hence why he picked Hiromi (the trap) out of all them. Too much teasing by the mangaka left this to be a major problem in the story, hence why people are pissed.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 17, 2016 12:50 PM

Apr 2015
the hamster thing was so weird but it really showed how insane that teacher was.

the opening animation was amazing. crazy how they removed satoru from every scene.

OLDER KENYA WAS SO HOT OMFG. i'm sorry, he was hella awesome.

when he saw his homeroom teacher, i wanted to scream at him to regain his memories and get the hell outta there.

i believe the next episode is gonna be "ohh, satoru regains his strength and fights his teacher!"

since episode nine, this series has been decreasing in score for myself. i do like it, however it is very inconsistent and predictable. i don't know how i feel about this ending. there was never any explanation about revival, how satoru got it, etc. there's no way they'll have time to fit it into the final episode. dissapointing.

overall, 2.5/5.
Mar 17, 2016 12:54 PM

Oct 2011
Let me get this straight. Sensei got hamsters to take care of and just randomly decided to kill all of them but one? Huh? And because one was looking for salvation by standing a top the body of one his siblings......he decides to keep it as a pet?

Where is the motivation or the "bad thing that happened" in his past? You can't tell me he randomly decided to turn out like this right?
Mar 17, 2016 12:54 PM

Apr 2013
Also there is no NTR, they were never in a relationship to begin with, though maybe subtly hinted, they were children lol. And he was gone for 15 years. Anything could have happened, she could have married another man she got to know after that incident and it still won't be unrealistic.
Mar 17, 2016 12:56 PM

Jan 2015
Sad that they cut out ch.32. Such a disappointment.

Oh well we got the best arc of the series, Kayo's Arc, perfectly animated so that's all I cared about.
Big Order (TV):great anime or greatest anime?
Mar 17, 2016 12:57 PM
Mar 2016
I have no idea what the fuck the hamster analogy was all about. I know that serial killers have a tendency to practice it first on small animals, but that is all i understood. That monologue was directed to Satoru. When did he talk to Satoru?

The opening was nice, seeing Kayo with Hiromi was kinda fucked up even though it´s understandable that in 15 years a lot of shit happens.

Where is Airi? How did he survived the drowning?

This only brings me to question one thing: is the manga that bad or is the anime doing a poor job of adaptating it?

Jul 2009
LeFlower-kun said:
ColdBreeze said:

1. I guess Yashiro saved him, because, you know, he wnats to observe him or something. It was just a prank, he never wanted to kill him.

2. Don't know, would like to know too.

3. Cut, as it seems.

Read chapter 34. They skipped some explanations.

Revival isn't a plot device, nor is the point to explain it. If that's what you care about, you miss the point of the show. If you want that explained, go watch discovery channel or some pseudo-science documentary and learn real science because it doesn't exist for a reason my friend.

Could you take your fanboy glasses out for a minute? It is making you sound stupid with your denial to one of the most important points in this series because without this ''supernatural ability'' he can't do shit.

It is a plot device because until now it was used for the show convenience or did you forgot the scene when he was arrested?

Dec 2012
Eylandos said:
-kV- said:

Bullshit. The mangaka is not a good one, hence why he doesn't explain how the revivals work and how the butterfly effect has no place in the story. He just wanted an interesting story dumbed down so that the readers could get invested without getting too technical.

This was a story of twists and turns. There was a romance but the author wanted the twist to be big enough the readers were surprised. Hence why he picked Hiromi (the trap) out of all them. Too much teasing by the mangaka left this to be a major problem in the story, hence why people are pissed.

The 'romance' always leaned more towards Satoru X Airi anyway, IMHO, in both manga/anime.

As for Hiromi being Kayo, that was intentional. BOTH Hiromi and Kayo DIE in the old timeline. Therefore, Satoru was entirely responsible for saving and creating a new family.
Mar 17, 2016 12:58 PM

Feb 2016
Jeez, like half of that episode made such little sense due to how rushed everything has been. I was overjoyed to see Kayo and her baby, I may have teared up. Really though, I had pretty high hopes for this show and it's a shame how far it's fallen downhill since the beginning.
2017 anime challenge: complete
2017 manga challenge: complete
Pages (23) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2016

1400 by bakakisima »»
Apr 23, 12:43 PM

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 4, 2016

769 by Jocku »»
Apr 17, 10:27 AM

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 10, 2016

900 by bakakisima »»
Apr 12, 2:03 PM

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 3, 2016

498 by bakakisima »»
Apr 11, 1:04 PM

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 25, 2016

581 by bakakisima »»
Apr 11, 12:06 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.