Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Erased
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (23) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Mar 17, 2016 11:17 AM

Sep 2014
They cutted Airi and almost all teacher backstory, they are even ending it with anime original scene. Didn't like the episode.
Mar 17, 2016 11:18 AM

Jul 2015
Pretty crazy development but I wish Airi would get more screen time(specially now that Kayo is out of his reach). Satoru's mom has to be one of the strongest females characters out there. Props to her.
ReguIusMar 17, 2016 11:23 AM

Apr 2014
Sourire said:
moodie said:
learn what an adaption is, its not a carbon copy. for this story it was good.
not sure if serious? there's a difference between a carbon copy and leaving out important character development lol
AGAIN for this adaption airi wasnt important. if u read the first 3 chapters then watch the anime it was clear that the anime didnt want to use airi as much as they wanted to use kayo. it was a conscious effort to do those changes. having airi become so important NOW for THIS adaption would be coming out of left field. yes the manga is better i agree with u but this is an adaption of that story that doesnt have to have everything just because the source had it.

maybe if they had more airi scenes in the beginning then we can start complaining but from the start we knew that she wasnt going to serve the same purpose as the manga.

Jul 2014
: c secretly hoped for Kayo X Satoru
Mar 17, 2016 11:19 AM

Jan 2015
What is this NTR you all guys are talking about?

Feb 2015
Time travel, coma, and amnesia. Oh baby, a triple!

Apr 2014
Johndahon94 said:
Does anyone know where abouts I can pick up the manga from before this episode?
For this episode, it began with chapter 32. But, like said above, it would be better if you read the manga since the beginning, since they've skipped a bunch of scenes.
Mar 17, 2016 11:20 AM

Jun 2012
Time for the score to start dropping.
Mar 17, 2016 11:20 AM

Jul 2014
Xenocrisi said:

It's not NTR. It's more that the audience got NTR'd, not Satoru, and understandably so.
"Beyond the veil of cherry blossom petals blown by the wind - almost like their promised reunion -

Feelings pile up with the passage of time: once the torrent of emotions comes rushing down, what is the spectacle that awaits?"
Mar 17, 2016 11:21 AM
Jun 2014
Having not read any of the manga I don't actually see anything particularly wrong with the episode, nor why Kayo marrying Hiromi would be a massive deal (15 years, a LOT can happen). It never felt like the anime ever pushed her as being a romantic interest for Satoru, just someone that he needed to save at all costs (a part of which being for his own sake, not just hers).

Seeing that supposedly anything involving Airi was cut out is certainly disappointing though, that just makes me wonder why exactly she'd know anything about Satoru in this timeline.
Apr 2014
"THE ANIME WILL PORTRAY THE MANGA'S ORIGINAL ENDING"
BULLSHIT LIES
They skipped a huge chunk of Yashiro's story and by doing that cutting whatever little characterization he has for a psychopath.
Also Yashiro doesn't just go and meet Satoru and tell him his true identity in the manga, that'd be risking he's not even sure if he has his memories or not. There's no rooftop scene either.
They also didn't show the Airi of this timeline, cutting the little screen time and characterization she had in this series.
Satoru was cucked hardcore, let the NTR salt pour my friends.
The manga's ending was shit anyway, let's see if A1 can give us an entertaining and satisfying conclusion even though they butchered the characters.
Drake1000Mar 17, 2016 11:26 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Xenocrisi said:
Kayo randomly marrying Hiromi and having a kid with him...Even for me, that was pretty left field
Mar 17, 2016 11:22 AM

Sep 2013
szympus11 said:
xaos12 said:

It was teased quite a no. of times. Blushing while holding hands, "coming in their way" when they were sleeping, etc.

they were just childlish things that child would do to protect a friend in need
But you're forgetting this is anime not real life. Those were obviously romance hints.
"I have been wielding a blade since before your were swimming around your father's scrotum." - Kurou
Mar 17, 2016 11:22 AM
Jul 2009
moodie said:
xaos12 said:

>that didn't matter
They skipped almost whole yashiro backstory.
Airi scenes that were key to satoru's memory, not this random bs.
learn what an adaption is, its not a carbon copy. for this story it was good.

It wasn't good at all. Yashiro's backstory was ridiculous. The one from the manga makes a lot more sense for a serial killer. And cutting Airi's scenes also makes no sense since they wasted like two episodes in her character. That was pointless if they remove her scenes now.
Mar 17, 2016 11:23 AM
Mar 2014
People can read the manga if they wanna know the stuff they cut out but I feel the episode was excellent not taking into consideration the manga.

Yashiro's backstory was more detailed in the manga, but it was executed better in the anime to me, mainly because of the amazing voice acting and visuals. I just don't know how this will end considering all the things they changed but the episode itself was excellent. Also there is no logical way for Satoru to end up with Kayo after being in a coma for 15 years, having that being the ending might have been more satisfying for a lot of people but it would've been nonsensical writing.

Anyway I'm sure the ending will be interesting. Guess we will see in 1 week.
Mar 17, 2016 11:24 AM
Dec 2014
It's not a fucking romance manga...
Mar 17, 2016 11:24 AM

Oct 2014
I fucking loved it

let haters hate
Mar 17, 2016 11:25 AM

Jul 2014
Drake1000 said:
BULLSHIT LIES
They skipped a huge chunk of Yashiro's story and by doing that cutting whatever little characterization he has for a psycopath.
Also Yashiro doesn't just go and meet Satoru and tell him his true identity in the manga, that'd be risking he's not even sure if he has his memories or not.
They also didn't show the Airi of this timeline, cutting the little screen time she had in this series.
Satoru cucked hardcore, let the NTR salt pour my friends.
The manga's ending was shit anyway, let's see if A1 can give us an entertaining and satisfying conclusion even though they butchered the characters.

Does that mean A-1 Pictures is allowed to lie to us? They explicitly said that the anime would portray the original manga ending lol.
"Beyond the veil of cherry blossom petals blown by the wind - almost like their promised reunion -

Feelings pile up with the passage of time: once the torrent of emotions comes rushing down, what is the spectacle that awaits?"
Mar 17, 2016 11:25 AM

Apr 2014
Tokoya said:
Xenocrisi said:
Kayo randomly marrying Hiromi and having a kid with him...Even for me, that was pretty left field
thats still not NTR.
Mar 17, 2016 11:26 AM

Jan 2015
LightBladeNova said:
Xenocrisi said:

It's not NTR. It's more that the audience got NTR'd, not Satoru, and understandably so.

I meant the meaning of that word but oh well...

Jun 2014
Manga readers are the cancer of the anime community at times. Enjoy it for what it freaking is and move on with your lives. You have your manga, we have our anime to enjoy and watch, not to critique and compare every single freaking moment.

Dec 2014
The op without Subaro somehow horrified me

Sep 2012
Destroy all ship-fags.
Oh god who are you people?
Mar 17, 2016 11:27 AM

Nov 2015

Aug 2013
LOl, who said that ending will be a one big disappointment??
Great episode!
Even if it felt rushed...
Dub = fake crap. Always.

May 2012
Damn this episode was definitely rushed.

A good episode not really thought this was how it was going to plan out. The teacher back story was crazy as hell. Actually enjoyed it to say the least.

Fujinuma is the best mom ever! She held it down for 15 years. Not sure if I missed or they are going to explain next episode, but I want to know how the hell Satoru survived. The whole coma thing is a little dull imo.

Grown up Kayo is hot, but her marrying Hiromi was left field as hell. In all honesty I want to know how that happen above all else lol. Not gonna lie was shipping Her and Satoru.

The ending with the teacher was meh to me. After this episode this series went from a 10/10 to like a 9. If the ending is a let down probably will leave it at a 8. After this episode not really that hype compared to the other eps.
AntearionMar 17, 2016 11:38 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Well, Kayo has a baby now with Hiromi. I'm fine with that, but her part was just thrown in there seemingly cause they didn't have time xD

Teacher's backstory was just weird.

Why did Satoru tell Yashiro that he regained his memories? Why?

Where is Airi? I kinda thought that Airi is the sister of the poor girl that was shown in this episode, but manga readers apparently know more about it. Have to drop it to a 9/10, might go to 8/10 if the finale is only decent.
Mar 17, 2016 11:28 AM

Feb 2015
ihusmal1234 said:
I like how they were realistic of Kayo not waiting for a person in a coma for 15 years. But I understand why people are extremely salty about it. Not sure where the NTR part comes in. They weren't even in a relationship in the first place.

But why Hiromi? Even Kenya would've made more sense.

I also enjoyed the small detail of how Satoru still had his young voice in his mind after he woke up from the coma as if he's mentally still back in the past.
You said everything I wanted to say tbh.
Mar 17, 2016 11:28 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Xenocrisi said:
LightBladeNova said:

I meant the meaning of that word but oh well...
Netorare is what it means

moodie said:
Tokoya said:
thats still not NTR.
Technically no but within the contents of the anime one can argue that it kinda is
Mar 17, 2016 11:29 AM
Jul 2018
Dkmariolink said:
Manga readers are the cancer of the anime community at times. Enjoy it for what it freaking is and move on with your lives. You have your manga, we have our anime to enjoy and watch, not to critique and compare every single freaking moment.

That is not even comparable as they cut half of the arc and filled up with some nonsense.
Mar 17, 2016 11:30 AM
Jul 2009
Dkmariolink said:

I doubt most anime-only viewers can be satisfied with this. The anime is clearly rushing everything, and I know of many anime-only viewers that were expecting Airi to show up again, and she would have if the show followed the manga, but it didn't.
Mar 17, 2016 11:30 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
I wish that it was Kenya that knocked her up because Hiromi tapping that ass just makes no fucking sense lol
Mar 17, 2016 11:31 AM
Dec 2012
I haven't read the manga yet, but even I know that they rushed and ruined the anime... After that Christmas tree I really thought they'll end up together in the "future" (Kayo and Satoru) well, I guess that's a big no.
:v
Mar 17, 2016 11:35 AM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
lol what's with those "Hated it" votes? Really different from previous episodes. Fake NTR and not being faithful to the source are the main reasons?

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Mar 17, 2016 11:35 AM

Jan 2012
esdaman said:

Mar 17, 2016 11:36 AM

Jul 2015
Do you guys know what NTR is? They were never in a relationship ffs. They were like 11 year old kids. You can't expect Kayo to wait longer than she had lived at that point (11 years) for someone who was asleep for 15 years. I understand why some Manga readers are frustrated, but you can't just literally transcribe one medium onto another, specially if they're both about to end at the same time (more or less). Only time I've seen that work out was Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso.
Mar 17, 2016 11:36 AM

Sep 2015
Aawwww it was amazing

I hope Airi will appear out of nowhere é_è
xSkipiMar 17, 2016 11:59 AM
Mar 17, 2016 11:37 AM
Mar 2015
Props to the series for making an already one dimensional evil character, even more ridiculously one dimensionally evil. He kills little kids and hamsters for fun, genius! Sarcasm aside, the series could have had a morally ambiguous villain like in monster, but no, all we get is pure evil for the hek of it. A villain so ridiculously evil is further proof of lazy writing. Added to that the confirmation that the main character is plot armored. There is no medical reason for Satoru's coma; he was clearly conscious after the vehicle impacted the water, he never hit his head nor was any physical trauma shown in the last episode, which is the main factor that leads to a coma, head trauma. This entire episode is just so over dramatic that I can't even pretend to take it seriously. Eleven episodes in and I still don't know what the main focus of the series is aside from throwing plot twist after plot twist so as to keep the audience from noticing the gaping holes that I can't stop staring at.

Jul 2014
RayAdha said:
lol what's with those "Hated it" votes? Really different from previous episodes. Fake NTR and not being faithful to the source are the main reasons?

Disregarding the pseudo-NTR, probably the main problem with the episode is cutting out most of Yashiro's backstory. Now he's even more of a generic psychopath villain.

Jun 2014
The anime has been fantastic so far, absolutely a blast to watch, and now, because of this one episode thats not even the finale, people are saying "NTR!" when its not even a freaking romance anime to begin with. And about the girl whose name I've forgotten, the anime is. not. over. yet. Also, do you see romance mentioned ANYWHERE?

You people need to chill.
Mar 17, 2016 11:38 AM
Jul 2018
LightBladeNova said:
Drake1000 said:
BULLSHIT LIES
They skipped a huge chunk of Yashiro's story and by doing that cutting whatever little characterization he has for a psycopath.
Also Yashiro doesn't just go and meet Satoru and tell him his true identity in the manga, that'd be risking he's not even sure if he has his memories or not.
They also didn't show the Airi of this timeline, cutting the little screen time she had in this series.
Satoru cucked hardcore, let the NTR salt pour my friends.

Does that mean A-1 Pictures is allowed to lie to us? They explicitly said that the anime would portray the original manga ending lol.

Blame director sensei
Mar 17, 2016 11:38 AM

Nov 2011
Sachiko is arguably the best mom in Anime period. Constantly taking care of Satoru for 15 years. You realize if she didn't do any of the shit she did he basically would be crippled.

Great episode 10/10. Music was fantastic and when Kayo showed up with her baby it was so emotional.
Being a Kayo x Satoru shipper it would have had to take some drastic for them to not end up together...well this was something drastic. I don't blame Kayo for going on with her life, I mean she even tells Satoru they were debating on it. You also have to realize Satoru didn't go back to Save Kayo, he went back to save his mother and a solid friendship was built with Kayo.
I wish when she said "He helped her" or whatever she would have said "you were my only family", or "you were like my brother" or something. Even saying something like "Look Mirai, this is your Uncle Satoru." But oh well.

I feel like most people who are butt hurt are manga readers...oh well.

Also Sensei is Scum Bag of the century.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Mar 17, 2016 11:39 AM

Jun 2015
Well, it was fun listening to the elitists and circlejerkers cry about the score, but it'll finally drop like they wanted.

The teacher's backstory makes no sense... what even?

What happens to the other kids and Yuki? They never even mention that, but that was the whole point of the story from the beginning.

Satoru just regains his memories; there's no build-up to it and it just kinda happens. I don't like that.

I guess something I really did like was the new OP. Always love it when they change things.
Mar 17, 2016 11:39 AM

Feb 2016
I really enjoyed how they changed the opening for this episode. Even without Satoru, all of the scenes make perfect since and it's a nice homage to the title.
Mar 17, 2016 11:40 AM
Jul 2018
1idd0kun said:
Dkmariolink said:

I doubt most anime-only viewers can be satisfied with this. The anime is clearly rushing everything, and I know of many anime-only viewers that were expecting Airi to show up again, and she would have if the show followed the manga, but it didn't.

Should I also mention that they expected yashiro backstory? And satoru telling him that he regained memories, lol.
Mar 17, 2016 11:41 AM

Jan 2013
I feel like being in coma, skipping about 10 episodes of the anime. Yeah, that's how rushed it was for me.
Mar 17, 2016 11:41 AM

Apr 2013
My god... Satoru didn't get NTR'd, the shippers did for gods sake, funny to see how people hate the show because they didn't get what they wanted. The hate for this anime is honestly unbelievable, no person is going to wait 15 years or more for someone who might not even wake up. Great to see that Kayo moved on and had a successful and happy life :). Another great episode. I like what they did with the OP. That ending though...
Mar 17, 2016 11:42 AM

May 2012
LMAO! And why did Satoru tell the person that tried to kill him that he regained his memories lol. Out of all the people he could have told he chose him. While alone on top of the roof. Where nobody knows. And you can't walk. lol.
Mar 17, 2016 11:44 AM

Sep 2014
Ok episode. Even if it's logical the fact that Kato chose someone else still bugs me.
Mar 17, 2016 11:44 AM

May 2012
kevkn said:
I feel like being in coma, skipping about 10 episodes of the anime. Yeah, that's how rushed it was for me.

Exactly how I feel lol.
Pages (23) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2016

1400 by bakakisima »»
Yesterday, 12:43 PM

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 4, 2016

769 by Jocku »»
Apr 17, 10:27 AM

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 10, 2016

900 by bakakisima »»
Apr 12, 2:03 PM

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 3, 2016

498 by bakakisima »»
Apr 11, 1:04 PM

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 25, 2016

581 by bakakisima »»
Apr 11, 12:06 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.