Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Aug 5, 2015 7:25 PM

Feb 2015
I didn't want it to end. Balsa was testing Chagum with that run-away question and I loved his response to it. Wonderful show.
Sep 28, 2015 3:14 AM

Mar 2012
Pretty great series but wish it would've been longer :( On the good news the manga got a sequel, Yami no Moribito, in 2014 and it's still publishing so maybe someday the anime adaptation will get a sequel as well :)
Dec 15, 2015 6:45 PM
Apr 2013
I LOOOOOOVED IT. it's perfect.

However, I didn't understand some details about the ending.. the person Tanda mentioned and the pendants Balsa was holding.

Tanda said there was a person only Balsa could put to rest or something along those lines.. Some said it was Jiguro, but wasn't his grave next to the Hunter's Cave? Since when she arrived there she stopped next to a tree and mentioned him... And I doubt she's going to take his corpse to Kanbal now, after so many years... So who was Tanda talking about??

Regarding the pendants, in one of the last scenes Balsa is holding two blue pendants that look quite similar to the one Chagum's mother gave to him.. I thought maybe Chagum gave it to Balsa, but there were two of them.. and anyway, it's still confusing.
Pic: http://postimg.org/image/jd7vgl2tn/

I'd be really grateful if someone could explain this to me. I really loved this show!
Dec 20, 2015 10:57 AM

Jun 2011
Their goodbye made me cry T^T The ending was perfect. 9/10
Jan 2, 2016 9:30 PM
Jun 2013
That was definitely a tear jerking ending.

Overall I enjoyed this series. The plot was kinda eh, but I really liked Balsa and Madam Torogai. I would have liked to see more of Balsa and Tonda interacting (somewhat) romantically, but you can't have everything I guess.

7/10
Jan 23, 2016 6:51 AM

Jan 2013
I cried....
10/10 for me

*waiting for the live action (it better be THIS good)*
Jan 24, 2016 2:01 PM

Jul 2011
DX5536 said:
I cried....
10/10 for me

Yee! Seirei no Moribito live action coming March 2016. They're going to adapt all 10 novels by 2018.
I hope they're accurate to the novel, since volumes 3+ are not translated into English.
Also I have a small hope that this live-action will bring a revival to the series and we'll see some anime sequels.
Volume 2 deals with Jiguro, Balsa's past and Kanbal.
MirorinJan 24, 2016 2:07 PM
Feb 2, 2016 12:36 PM

Jan 2013
Mirorin said:
DX5536 said:
I cried....
10/10 for me

Yee! Seirei no Moribito live action coming March 2016. They're going to adapt all 10 novels by 2018.
I hope they're accurate to the novel, since volumes 3+ are not translated into English.
Also I have a small hope that this live-action will bring a revival to the series and we'll see some anime sequels.
Volume 2 deals with Jiguro, Balsa's past and Kanbal.

My body, organs, clothes aka. everthing are fangirling at the top of their lungs right now. ALL 10 NOVELS?????!!!!!!!!!!!! No jokes?
Feb 2, 2016 3:33 PM

Jul 2011
@DX5536: Yeah! Here. Only 22 episodes though, so I'm hoping they're hour-length episodes.

Edit: July 17th 2016
The live-action is different from the anime and the novel. They took out almost all of the SoL parts. Balsa is more barbaric/agressive rather than an intelligent warrior, her past is altered slightly to suit that. All the "peasants" look like the Flintstones or tribal people, like RIP Tanda (his personality is still win though <3). Otherwise, they keep the general story. One thing that really irks me is the amount of death - Balsa actually kills people...(?) and Chagum is much more bratty at the beginning.

The spear is hilariously short so that it's wieldable though lololo.

Each episode is 1 hour long, and each novel seems to be covered in 2-3 episodes.
MirorinJul 17, 2016 12:49 AM
Feb 3, 2016 10:29 AM

Jan 2013
Mirorin said:
@DX5536: Yeah! Here. Only 22 episodes though, so I'm hoping they're hour-length episodes.

It better be at least 1h long ep. i mean if each ep is only 25 min long mean pretty much that they cut a lot of stuff.
Feb 6, 2016 7:24 PM

Jul 2015
Aww that ending made me so happy and sad
For a second there I thought Chagum was going to stay with Balsa forever but obviously they couldn't be together forever
That was such a perfect goodbye
Mar 10, 2016 1:21 PM

Mar 2010
Beautiful, finding something as well-done as this will be extremely hard. I loved everything: the story, the characters (especially Balsa and Chagum, I didn't expect to like him since I usually hate cute kids in anime, but he was just too precious), the animation and the music. There wasn't a single wasted episode or scene, everything fit together like puzzle. Chagum will be a wonderful ruler for sure. I admit I cried a bit when they had to say their goodbyes, but in my head canon, they still meet stealthily from time to time after Balsa returns from Kanbal. (Come on, Chagum would totally do it.)
10/10.
Mar 17, 2016 10:05 AM
Apr 2013
Mirorin said:

OH MY GODDDDDDDDDDD, I'M HAPPY!!!!!!!!!!!! thanks for sharing the news :D :D :D

WordIsBond said:
spreadyourwingsx said:
I LOOOOOOVED IT. it's perfect.

However, I didn't understand some details about the ending.. the person Tanda mentioned and the pendants Balsa was holding.

Tanda said there was a person only Balsa could put to rest or something along those lines.. Some said it was Jiguro, but wasn't his grave next to the Hunter's Cave? Since when she arrived there she stopped next to a tree and mentioned him... And I doubt she's going to take his corpse to Kanbal now, after so many years... So who was Tanda talking about??

Regarding the pendants, in one of the last scenes Balsa is holding two blue pendants that look quite similar to the one Chagum's mother gave to him.. I thought maybe Chagum gave it to Balsa, but there were two of them.. and anyway, it's still confusing.
Pic: http://postimg.org/image/jd7vgl2tn/

I'd be really grateful if someone could explain this to me. I really loved this show!

The person Tanda talks about is Balsa's Father. That's why she goes back to her home country, to learn more about what happened and to try to find some closure/put her Father's soul to rest.

I don't know about the pendant, it's probably something that gets explained in the 2nd novel.

Ah, THAT makes sense! I don't know why I didn't think of it........ Thank you!

Btw, it turns out that the original novel is even more "childish", so they actually made the show more mature than it really was.
Apr 18, 2016 1:30 PM

Jun 2011
The ending was nice, it opens up for a possible second season, which is great because of the potential of the setting. Nayug was really nice. However, I personally find that all the exposition in the second half regarding Nayug and the egg was too long winded. I would have preferred that they show us, rather than tell us all about the history.

I personally find this series, just like Kemono no Souja Erin, disappointing in their respective second half. I am also not a huge fan of Balsa.

It's kind of crazy that the anime has only adapted 1 volume(?) of the entire 10 volumes. I am kind of interested in what the series will bring in the remaining 9 novels. It would be pretty cool if this show gets a sequel adaptation even after 9 years have passed. I bet the world building is gonna be crazy good.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Jun 21, 2016 12:31 AM

Feb 2012
YES TO CHAGUM AND BALSA HAHA
I'mma persistent little bugger ;D
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
La-LA-la- Nikka-kouhai reporting for duty! ^^ Ready to be anyone's imouto-chan >u<
Jul 1, 2016 9:15 PM

Nov 2013
Why does she have 2 of the blue earrings??????? WHY WHY WHY FORESHADOW FOR A CONTINUANCE OF SERIES?????? IS THAT WHY SHE DIDN'T SETTLE DOWN. WHY WHY. Assuming one of them is from Chagum where he was given one earring from him mother, and he later returned it to Balsa. Or did 2nd Empress give both of the earrings as a pair, one she has, the other in Chagum's possession to Balsa as part of the gifts reward.

I really hope someone would be able to provide AN EXPLANATION.
When life gives you lemons,.......................................you accept them. WHAT ELSE DO YOU DO?! IT IS DISRESPECTFUL TO REFUSE THEM IS IT NOT?!!!!
Jul 16, 2016 8:02 AM
Apr 2016
I was crying at the end of it. I really was. I wanted Chagum to go ahead and run away with Balsa.

The King is an asshole too.

If they bothered to make an anime on the first novelization then they should totally finish the rest of t he novels
Jul 31, 2016 5:27 PM

Jan 2009
I just re-watched this series for the second time after maybe 5 or more years. Ahh this is still definitely one of my favorites! Seeing the ending, I just figured out now that Balsa probably got the earrings as her "gift" from the royal family. Especially since Chagum's mother whispers a 'thanks' to her. Can't believe I didn't realize that before...
Aug 1, 2016 9:48 PM
Apr 2014
...what a wild fucking ride, holy shit. not bad, i liked how it wrapped up.

7/10
Aug 21, 2016 3:45 PM
Jul 2015
Does anyone know why at the very end Balsa had on and put in her hands two necklaces just like chagum did it mean something I don't remember him giving her two or even one.
Sep 3, 2016 1:03 PM
Oct 2014
The gemstones we saw Balsa's wearing at the end are called Ruisha and they are related to Balsa's homeland, Kanbal. Here is a more detailed explanation

http://moribito.wikia.com/wiki/Ruisha

My guess is that at least one of them was given to Balsa by Jiguro, and maybe her father gave her the other one.
malonurSep 4, 2016 7:50 PM
Sep 26, 2016 3:50 AM

Oct 2015
the series was okay but i felt like Balsa was repaying her former master by protecting Chagum not because she wanted to. She did it because her former guardian did the same for her. The series was not bad and suggesting taking the boy from his mother in the end frustrated me.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Nov 14, 2016 12:20 PM

Mar 2015
Really great anime, reminds me Avatar: The Last Airbander, so peaceful and spiritual.

And Barca is amazing.
Nov 28, 2016 6:29 AM
May 2012
Not as good as people make it out to be. Still, it was a nice watch.
This is the truth from mahhh heart~
Dec 18, 2016 5:20 AM
Aug 2012
Can't give less than 10/10 , my tears over past two episodes was sincere,I knew that the moment they walked together hugging each other was the last time of happiness...I guess journey for the Balsa is like a medicine to cure this pain cause by parting with Chagum, he seemed to love her more than real mom
Jan 7, 2017 12:41 AM

Apr 2009
I guess this show is not my taste.

5/10
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 12, 2017 5:25 PM
May 2011
i've seen it twice now.

i give it an 8/10

overall its a good anime, there's nothing really bad about it, but nothing that makes me say "Wow, that was amazing"

and there's a good chunk of episodes where nothing important happens, they're just the SoL type.
Mar 13, 2017 11:39 PM

Dec 2012
Man, this was such an incredible series. Just finished re-watching this, still had tears when Chagum and Balsa were saying goodbye.

I NEED a second season.
Apr 2, 2017 3:47 AM

Oct 2016
The series is great even though it was somewhat lacking... they could have at least put a timeskip lol

I was nothing until the moment I met you.

Apr 14, 2017 1:52 AM

Mar 2017
I enjoyed this a lot. I really liked Balsa's character, female roles like hers at hard to find in anime. I'm usually not one to want "romantic" ends but I was really hoping Tanda and Balsa at least ended up together, kinda disappointing IMO. But nevertheless 9/10!
LunarPisces1Apr 14, 2017 2:00 AM
May 8, 2017 8:47 AM

Oct 2012
That was a great journey, I wish it never ended.. just like Chagum :(

Also I wish the end is not "open-ended"
Kinda wish Balsa & Tanda married then have one or two children then meet Chagum again in the future
I guess that won't happen

Well, time to move on!
"Signature removed"
May 17, 2017 4:55 PM

Nov 2013
awesome show, holy damn =O

kinda sad ending i guess but still awesome story, can't give it less than a 10

they should have done an ova or something tho
fav "new" girls from winter <3 (2 extra girls this time, but 36 seasonals so whatever) ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
Jun 1, 2017 4:01 PM
May 2017
It is just beautiful series. Really touches your heart. Also it shed life of villagers and old custom that I forgot.
Jun 1, 2017 4:02 PM
May 2017
Paleshika said:
Man, this was such an incredible series. Just finished re-watching this, still had tears when Chagum and Balsa were saying goodbye.

I NEED a second season.
I have same opinion , by the way are you indian by any chance ?
Jun 1, 2017 4:04 PM
May 2017
Well I nearly fall for balsa ..... LoL she beautiful.
Jun 1, 2017 4:09 PM
May 2017
winddevil1 said:
awesome show, holy damn =O

kinda sad ending i guess but still awesome story, can't give it less than a 10

they should have done an ova or something tho
yes u r right its old but right ?
Jun 1, 2017 4:09 PM
May 2017
iLya said:
The series is great even though it was somewhat lacking... they could have at least put a timeskip lol
time skip perhaps but it's beauty is also in slow pace of it.
Jun 1, 2017 11:07 PM

Dec 2012
harsh_agrawal_ said:
Paleshika said:

I NEED a second season.
I have same opinion , by the way are you indian by any chance ?

I'm mostly Sicilian, and I have a little bit of Native American and french in me, haha what made you ask?
Jul 20, 2017 10:20 AM

Aug 2014
what a shitty ending , it felt like they forced the ending to be one of those happy ever after ones which felt forced for me tbh , even the prince was still a crying pussy till the end , 6.5/10 .
RPWPAJul 20, 2017 10:42 AM
"Even if it has good reviews, if I don't like it then it is shit"

-Some random anime character
Nov 1, 2017 2:07 PM
Aug 2014
Not the most exciting watch, but the story was solid.

8/10
Mar 17, 2018 9:01 PM

Apr 2016
All in all a fun series. Great animation. Well done.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 25, 2018 6:40 AM

Mar 2016
Didn’t expect to like this show as much as I did. Beautiful Coming of Age story. It also pulled of the whole white and grey morality thing better than most shows.

8/10

Aug 8, 2018 6:28 AM

Dec 2015
That wasn't my ideal ending, but not bad nonetheless. I just hope one day they'll get a chance to meet each other again.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Sep 28, 2018 1:45 PM

Sep 2011
It was as bittersweet as I expected.

I'm furious with the Emperor though, he didn't learn anything, he's now treating his surviving son as a symbol of power, a gift from the heavens, just to consolidate his power once again, well, at least this time, it's almost with the truth, he will "just" erase Balsa, Tanda, Torogai, and their efforts from the history.

Speaking about them, poor Tanda is still waiting, and maybe Balsa should've given him an answer because she doesn't see much interested in him, but to leave him hanging like this is bad. And Torogai was right at home back in the palace, and her scenes were funny. But the Empress wasn't even able to thank Balsa personally, and it hurts, all of those customs getting in the way of people that just wanted to talk. For a second there I thought that they would go away without being able to talk to Chagum ever again, and it would be too much to bear, I was so glad with that goodbye, because it happened, not because it was happening if this makes any sense.

But well, simply superb, I can't wait for Shika no Ou now.
Oct 20, 2018 6:32 AM
Oct 2018
I watched this anime in full about a year ago and just finished my second run of the show, and I have to say it captivated me just as much if not more than the first time.

The relationship between Balsa and Chagum had me teary eyed multiple times, it was in perfect character for Chagum to stay at the palace, and despite most of me wishing that they could have "raised a little hell" just as balsa so eloquently put it I'm still very happy with the last episode.

Of course that was not the only aspect of this anime that was fantastical, the art and time devoted to the score was incredibly beautiful as well, and the fight scenes! My lord the fight scenes, all of them were amazing feats of animation in of themselves, but I think we can all agree episode 3 left us speechless.

My only nitpick is how there was not much challenge in how they obtained the knowledge of the Rorunga, I felt like it was too easy, the girl who heard the storyteller's legend (whose name escapes me) gave them the information pretty easily and it just seems too convenient, then the empire's willingness to cooperate henceforth. With the king as strict as he is I just find it unlikely that he would allow Chagum to be cared for by balsa during the months preluding the spring equinox

I can go on about this all day, and I even made this account only because I just had to put down my thoughts somewhere, but in the end this is one of my favorite anime of all time, and in my book i'ts a really close 9 out of 10.
Sep 19, 2019 9:49 AM

May 2015
Nice story. Solid anime for sure.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Oct 15, 2019 3:16 PM
Dec 2018
Is there anyoneelse realize that the last scene which balsa has two necklace (earrings which chagum's mom give to him)? Why she have two necklaces? Maybe one of them given her by chagum? And other from chagums mother?
Jan 16, 2020 8:22 AM

May 2016
disappointing ending. Also the kid should of demanded an apology from that scum bag dad.
Feb 1, 2020 7:30 AM
Nov 2019
I kept expecting bloodshed, violence, pain, betrayal every damn time there appeared tension in the story, and I still can't get over the fact that none of those things ever happened (at least not once the initial man-hunt was over). It is so incredibly refreshing to see characters that act like actual humans - sparing a child (had Touya been unofrtunate enough to exist in any other anime, he would've been probably tortured to death, if not killed on the spot), talking problems out rather than try and 'solve' them by brute force, being able to compromise - rather than acting like monsters lashing out as is too often the case. And their faults and flaws seemed believable as well, which is probably why they were so effectively frustrating too (especially Balsa's overprotectiveness and Shuga's stupidity - really, the guy's well-meaning but a moron).
Overall, Seirei made me feel all warm and fuzzy. Sometimes there were moments things moved too slow or got overly dramatic or happened out of the blue (Sagum's passing was perhaps the most noticeable example), but mostly I had fun and am glad I pushed through the first few eps that didn't have me hooked.
8/10
littlecrisisFeb 1, 2020 7:36 AM
May 13, 2020 10:11 AM

Sep 2016
Superb. Really enjoyed this Anime.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Seirei no Moribito Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

windborn - Jul 1, 2007

54 by Safrichh »»
Mar 2, 7:37 PM

Poll: » Seirei no Moribito Episode 15 Discussion

Kayrhandros - Jul 24, 2007

46 by WIIXAnd »»
Feb 26, 2:35 PM

Poll: » Seirei no Moribito Episode 12 Discussion

Kayrhandros - Jun 30, 2007

45 by Safrichh »»
Feb 12, 8:20 PM

Poll: » Seirei no Moribito Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

mild_even - Jun 18, 2007

55 by Safrichh »»
Jan 6, 7:54 PM

» Why does balsa leave for kambal in the end (her hometown)

Kitsune_089 - Dec 13, 2023

9 by KitsuFrost »»
Jan 5, 10:11 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.