Forum Settings
Forums
New
Mar 17, 2016 7:35 AM

Nov 2011
Fuji Television's late night anime programming block noitaminA revealed its series lineup through Spring 2017 today in an announcement program that was streamed on Niconico Live. The announcement program also included additional information on the upcoming Spring 2016 series Koutetsujou no Kabaneri.

Koutetsujou no Kabaneri (Spring 2016)

Singer Aimer and EGOIST vocalist chelly will perform the series ending theme song "ninelie." The original series by Wit Studio will begin airing on April 8.

PV 3

Battery (Summer 2016)

An anime adaptation of Battery, a six-volume baseball novel series written by Atsuko Asano, will begin airing in July 2016. Battery was previously adapted into a live-action film in 2007 and a television drama series in 2008. A manga adaptation drawn by Chikage Yuniwa was serialized in Monthly Asuka and has been compiled into eight volumes.

Synopsis
A one-year story of Takumi Harada, a pitcher with extreme skill and overconfidence, and Gou Nagakura, the catcher who is paired with Takumi.

Cast
Takumi Harada: Kouki Uchiyama
Gou Nagakura: Tasuku Hatanaka

Staff
Director, Script: Tomomi Mochizuki (Saraiya Goyou)
Original Character Design: Takako Shimura (Hourou Musuko)
Character Design, Chief Animation Director: Hideoki Kusama (Haikyuu!!)
Music: Akira Senju (Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood)
Studio: Zero-G

Twitter: @battery_anime
Official site: http://www.battery-anime.com/

Teaser PV

Fune wo Amu (Fall 2016)

An anime adaptation of the 2011 novel Fune wo Amu by Shion Miura will begin airing in October 2016. It was previously adapted into a live-action film in 2013, which won the Picture of the Year award in the 37th Japan Academy Prize. That film was submitted for the Academy Award for Best Foreign Language Film by Japan under the title The Great Passage.

Catchphrase: "Dictionary is a ship that sails across a sea of words."

Synopsis
The publication of a new dictionary titled The Great Passage progresses. Mitsuya Majime, originally from publisher Genbu Shobo's sales department, has been recruited by Kouhei Araki, a veteran editor of the dictionary department who is looking to retire soon. The dictionary department is known internally as the "money-eating insect," but Mitsuya uses his perseverance and attachment to the words in order to become a great editor. Mitsuya, who has poor social skills, finds himself working with another man named Masashi Nishioka, who is able to express himself better.

Staff
Original Character Design: Haruko Kumota (Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu)

Twitter: @funewoamu_anime
Official site: http://www.funewoamu.com/

Announcement PV

Kuzu no Honkai (Winter 2017)

An anime adaptation of the romance drama manga Kuzu no Honkai by Mengo Yokoyari will begin airing in January 2017. Kuzu no Honkai began serialization in Square Enix's Big Gangan magazine in 2012. The series has been compiled into five manga volumes, with a sixth scheduled to go on sale on March 25. Crunchyroll Manga is also publishing the series under the English title Scum's Wish.

Synopsis
Seventeen-year-old Mugi Awaya and Hanabi Yasuraoka appear to be the ideal couple. They are both pretty popular, and they seem to suit each other well. However, outsiders don't know of the secret they share. Both Mugi and Hanabi have hopeless crushes on someone else, and they are only dating each other to soothe their loneliness. Mugi is in love with Akane Minagawa, a young teacher who used to be his home tutor. Hanabi is also in love with a teacher, a young man who has been a family friend since she was little. In each other, they find a place where they can grieve for the ones they cannot have, and they share physical intimacy driven by loneliness. Will things stay like this for them forever? (Source: MangaHelpers)

Twitter: @kuzunohonkai_tv
Official site: http://www.kuzunohonkai.com/

Announcement

Saenai Heroine no Sodatekata ♭ (Spring 2017)

Saenai Heroine no Sodatekata ♭ (Saenai Heroine no Sodatekata Flat), the second anime adaptation of the romance comedy-drama light novels by Fumiaki Maruto, will begin airing in April 2017. Animation studio A-1 Pictures will continue to produce the adaptation with the main staff of the first season returning.

Official site: http://www.saenai.tv/

Source: Official Twitter
tsubasaloverMar 19, 2016 4:16 AM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 17, 2016 7:36 AM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
and while we are at it : http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-03-17/amazon-signs-deal-with-fuji-tv-to-exclusively-stream-noitamina-series/.99901

ANYWAY, Interesting stuff coming up. i thought Saekano would be coming sooner than this but its the one thing that i don't care so i'm ok with this.
DatRandomDudeMar 17, 2016 7:42 AM
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Mar 17, 2016 7:37 AM

Nov 2011
Koutetsujou no Kabaneri pretty much a 1-cour now by the looks of it and not likely a split. Battery and The Great Passage looks neat. Lol, I wasn't expecting Kuzu no Honkai to be getting an anime adaptation.

Also, Senai delayed all the way to next year, heh.
Mar 17, 2016 7:41 AM

Dec 2012
Battery looks interesting, shame that I don't like baseball that much. Kuzu no Honkai is a manga I'm familiar with but wasn't able to get into, hopefully the anime will be easier.

And wow, the great passage is a movie in PTW. Maybe I should watch it sooner.

Stark700 said:
Battery was previously adapted into a love-action film in 2007

Don't you mean live action?

and the link to Battery is wrong
http://myanimelist.net/forum/www.kadokawa.co.jp/battery/
you merged two different sites urls I think o.o
Mar 17, 2016 7:43 AM

Apr 2014
Kuzu no Honkai looks like the most interesting one of the bunch cant wait for some NTR action.
Mar 17, 2016 7:44 AM
Jul 2018
I'm pretty excited for these series actually.

Koutetsujou no Kabaneri might have the potential of becoming something rather nice of course, unless they use the cliche direction.

Battery looks pretty interesting as well.

Kuzu no Honkai pretty much would be controversial considering the synopsis screams at it, but at the same time like I repeated the PV 13 times in a row and then got convinced. It's so weird.
Mar 17, 2016 7:48 AM

Dec 2015
Saekano in april 2017...ok
Not looking forward to it, however .-.
Mar 17, 2016 7:49 AM

Oct 2014
Im very interested in kuzu no honkai . I dont know about the others.
Mar 17, 2016 7:50 AM

Jul 2013
moodie said:
Kuzu no Honkai looks like the most interesting one of the bunch cant wait for some NTR action.

I hope there's a chicken boy in there, whoever knows what that means lol.

Mar 17, 2016 7:51 AM
Jul 2018
Ah, now we are talking Kabaneri. That's a very decent PV.

Also interested in Battery and Fune wo Amu.
Mar 17, 2016 7:51 AM

Apr 2014
PinkSheep said:
moodie said:

Looks the most uninteresting imo
well for me Koutetsujou no Kabaneri is just another edgy show targeted for teens who like aot

Battery looks boring as shit

Fune wo Amu is another boring show thats targeted towards fujoshis

Kuzu no Honkai actually has the best story out of the bunch
Mar 17, 2016 7:52 AM
Sep 2015
DatRandomDude said:
and while we are at it : http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-03-17/amazon-signs-deal-with-fuji-tv-to-exclusively-stream-noitamina-series/.99901

ANYWAY, Interesting stuff coming up. i thought Saekano would be coming sooner than this but its the one thing that i don't care so i'm ok with this.

It is great news that Amazon gets the worldwide streaming rights for upcoming Noitamina anime titles ; Amazon will definitely help Noitamina animes to get more exposure in worldwide. (And the artists will get more budget to make higher-quality anime titles.)
Mar 17, 2016 7:57 AM

Nov 2011
tsudecimo said:
Stark700 said:
Battery was previously adapted into a love-action film in 2007

Don't you mean live action?

and the link to Battery is wrong
http://myanimelist.net/forum/www.kadokawa.co.jp/battery/
you merged two different sites urls I think o.o

Fixed both. Yeah, I meant live action.
Mar 17, 2016 8:04 AM

Sep 2012
johnanime2015 said:
DatRandomDude said:

It is great news that Amazon gets the worldwide streaming rights for upcoming Noitamina anime titles ; Amazon will definitely help Noitamina animes to get more exposure in worldwide. (And the artists will get more budget to make higher-quality anime titles.)
Great news for places where they actually have service: United States, United Kingdom, Japan, Austria, Germany and soon India. Not great news for anywhere else where they have no service as they have the rights so unless they sell those rights to others, those regions will have to go darkzone.
Mar 17, 2016 8:09 AM

Apr 2015
Am I the only one who cringes at the girls from Koutetsujou no Kabaneri?

Fume wo amu sounds good. The character designer seems to be the same person who's doing Rakugo. I'll also try Kuzu no Honkai, seems something I'd like.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 17, 2016 8:11 AM

Aug 2008
5 series, huh. Considering it's noitaminA it will be great if one of them is watchable.
Ii tenki desu ne...
Mar 17, 2016 8:12 AM

Feb 2015
That anime in the top, that will become a good one for sure. and i don't know why, for some reason i feel that anime is a little bit similiar to SnK. and that song too, man that anime probably will become on of my fav anime in the next season!
LET'S JUST PRAY AND HOPE THAT THIS ANIME WILL NOT BECOME A DISSAPOINTMENT TO US ALL :D

and this Kuzu no Honkai
i wonder what is this.....

and Senai.....better start to watch the first season :D
Mar 17, 2016 8:12 AM

Jun 2014
It can't possibly be worse than their 2015 lineup, right?
:3
Mar 17, 2016 8:15 AM

Jun 2013
STAY DEAD, NOITAMINA

^ that's what I was ready to post, but the line up is actually decent, if done well we have some good stuff coming, Cautious expectations for battery, fune wo amu & kuzu no honkai.

Kabaneri is going to be a garbage show tho, calling it now.

Saekano doesnt even deserve to be anywhere near Noitamina roster, but eh. Must be exciting for fans that a sequel announced in april 2015 will come to light in april 2017.
Imagine a berserk anime by Yoshiaki kawajiri at Madhouse.

Now take a look at Berserk (2016).

YOU HAVE MY PERMISSION TO CRY.
Mar 17, 2016 8:17 AM

Apr 2014
eromangasensei said:

Saekano doesnt even deserve to be anywhere near Noitamina roster, but eh. Must be exciting for fans that a sequel announced in april 2015 will come to light in april 2017.
it sold extremely well

it deserves a sequel more than most of their shit
Mar 17, 2016 8:19 AM

Jul 2014
The two first ones don't interest me but the three latter do, especially SaeKano, can't wait to resume the genre reconstruction.
Mar 17, 2016 8:23 AM

Dec 2010
Uuuh, Battery! I wanted to watch the drama, but other things have always had priority over it. Fune wo Amu sounds really interesting too! Also, I'm going to check Kotetsujo no Kabaneri out next season.

Really looking forward to Battery! I think summer season will be great for me, anime-wise

Edit: Wait, waaait. So Kuzu no Honkai's manga is being translated by Crunchyroll too?? Lately, many manga licensed by Crunchy are getting an anime adaptation, so many that's almost ridiculous... or should I say suspicious? And I'm talking about totally unknown series like this one, Fukigen na Mononokean, Amaama to Inazuma and others, that's not really like saying "Boku no Hero Academia is getting an anime"...
AnnyMar 17, 2016 8:34 AM
Mar 17, 2016 8:24 AM

Jun 2013
moodie said:
eromangasensei said:

it sold extremely well

it deserves a sequel more than most of their shit

yes but that's not what noitamina started for
Imagine a berserk anime by Yoshiaki kawajiri at Madhouse.

Now take a look at Berserk (2016).

YOU HAVE MY PERMISSION TO CRY.
Mar 17, 2016 8:28 AM

Jan 2015
They all look great, damn.
Mar 17, 2016 8:31 AM

Sep 2013
holy shit Kuzu no Honkai is getting an anime..!!!
IT BETTER NOT BE CENSORED..!!!!
Mar 17, 2016 8:35 AM

Apr 2014
Oh my, these look good!
Mar 17, 2016 8:37 AM

Feb 2012
Koutetsujou no Kabaneri does have that SnK feel, especially animation wise, seeing how its done by the same studio, but still its probably going to be beastly with all that action and blood.

Kuzu no Honkai synopsis sounds so awkward lol I'm afraid to even check the manga out. Luckily it airs in January 2017 so my then I'll probably check it.
Mar 17, 2016 8:40 AM

Jun 2015
These all look really interesting. Looking forward to Battery the most though.
:)
Mar 17, 2016 8:42 AM

Oct 2012
Battery and Fune wo Amu look great.
Mar 17, 2016 8:49 AM

Dec 2012
What with the noitaminA hate? Most of their shows have good reception, and critical acclaim.

Is this a new fad -shrug-
Mar 17, 2016 8:56 AM

Jul 2015
Other than Battery everything looks just splendid.

Feel like the medium itself is ascending a bit tbh.
Mar 17, 2016 9:02 AM

Nov 2008
Kuzu no Honkai is the only one I'm interested in.

Mar 17, 2016 9:21 AM
Jul 2012
I love Kuzu no Honkai so I'm definitely interested. And Saenai Heroine season 2 is going to be good so I'll definitely enjoy that.
Mar 17, 2016 9:28 AM

Jun 2013
I'm surprised that they're animating Kuzu no Honkai. It's really disturbing and sexual (not your usual fanservice) basically just extreme. Also everyone is going to hate pretty much all characters because they're awful lol

Really interested in Battery and Fune no Amu. I love me some slice of life with guys in it.
Raina-Mar 17, 2016 9:38 AM
Mar 17, 2016 9:36 AM

Dec 2014
Kuzu no Honkai getting an adaptation? Life is good. Really good.
Mar 17, 2016 9:41 AM

Jul 2014
Excited for Kabaneri and more Saekano, and Kuzu no Honkai sounds like it could be pretty good. Couldn't care less about either of the other two though.
Mar 17, 2016 10:01 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
I am honestly shocked to see that Kuzu no Honkai is getting an anime lol....This series isn't your typical romance xD
Mar 17, 2016 10:05 AM

Nov 2013
wake me up when kuzu no honkai is out.
Mar 17, 2016 10:10 AM
Mar 2010
Battery and Fune wo Amu look really good to me.
Check out the News Club for daily rankings, discussion on future CD and BD releases, manga and novels. New members are welcome!
Mar 17, 2016 10:23 AM

Sep 2013
Raina- said:
I'm surprised that they're animating Kuzu no Honkai. It's really disturbing and sexual (not your usual fanservice) basically just extreme. Also everyone is going to hate pretty much all characters because they're awful lol

Really interested in Battery and Fune no Amu. I love me some slice of life with guys in it.
except the cute blonde childhood friend..the only innocent girl in this whole manga..
but with all the NTRs going on..bad characters will be the last thing to hate it lol
Mar 17, 2016 11:45 AM
May 2007
Fune wo Amu I'm loving the art. Haruko-sensei art in anime again ♥
Mar 17, 2016 12:06 PM

Oct 2007
Well that's two trailers where the music for Kotetsu doesn't sound completely intolerable. Sawano is really hit or miss for that, for every Unicorn, Attack on Titan or Seven Deadly Sins you get several A/Z, Xenoblade Chronicles or Kill la Kill vocal spam clusterfuck. Honestly it really depends on if it's still going to spam the shrieking vocals and "lol teh epic" stuff for every scene or have variety whether it'll again clash horribly with whatever is on screen or not.

Raina- said:

Terrible human beings as characters seems really in these days. Light Novels used to really monopolize it but looks like noitaminA is getting in on it too. I mean anime is in decline all around on the scenario and character writing front and becoming more and more trashy, extreme and desperate for attention by the year so not surprised. It's kind of like those 80's OVAs like Ninja Scroll, MD Geist, Angel Cop etc. that my generation all made fun of back in the day only now people take them as seriously as Manga Entertainment tried to market them as.

Calling it right now, that Kuzu one will be the token A-1 show since it looks like their kind of trashy thing. Fune no Ame might also potentially be them cause they like to do one "serious" work from an award winning manga that also got a live action adaptation and is ending soon at least once a year so they don't just look like a completely trash outfit exploiting otaku and their weird fetishes. Battery actually looks honestly decent out of what was announced the more I look into it and it's staffs track record. Also my actual favorite composer is scoring it so that alone makes it worth at least a look.
PeacingOutMar 17, 2016 12:12 PM
Mar 17, 2016 12:20 PM

Jan 2015
Why/when was noitamina cut to one show per season instead of two?....
Mar 17, 2016 12:43 PM

May 2013
My favorite JP novelist is getting another adaption. Hopefully Battery won't be rushed like No. 6 was. I hope someone will translate the novels too. It looks cute. My fujoshit sense are tingling.

Fune wo Amu always looks pretty fujoshi friendly. I'll wait for a PV with more animation before getting too excited, but the charas are cute.
“Victor can’t be satisfied by anyone but me.”

Mar 17, 2016 12:47 PM

Aug 2013
It's a shame Saekano S2 is so far away, but at least there is finally a release date.
Mar 17, 2016 12:58 PM

Apr 2014
chrisbj said:

Whats wrong with that?
Mar 17, 2016 1:40 PM

Jul 2009
chrisbj said:

noitaminA reverted to a half-hour block in April 2015 because it shifted a lot of funds to produce movies, which has a better return on investment for them. Six movies released last year were partly funded by noitaminA: Psycho-Pass Movie, Taifuu no Noruda, Kokoro ga Sakebitagatterunda., and the three Project Itoh movies of Shisha no Teikoku, Gyakusatsu Kikan (now delayed due to Manglobe's bankruptcy), and Harmony.
On Moderating: Building a more complete anime database.
Spica: Anime, manga, idols.
Mar 17, 2016 1:46 PM

Sep 2015
Koutetsujou no Kabaneri is gonna be so awesome. I just love Egoist and Aimer is also a great singer. Zombies and Steampunk is a nice new mix. Me likey :D

Battery or Fune wo Amu, but I guess they might be worth watching. (Character development is their key)

Kuzu no Honkai is seriously gonna make me ______________________. JKJK, it seems pretty good from the synopsis. I hope its really interesting.

Lastly, THANK GOD THERE IS S2 of SAENAI HEROINE no SODATEKATA!
Mar 17, 2016 2:58 PM

Jul 2012
fuck yes baseball

thats all i had to say

and i'm watching every single show on this lineup because they all look potentially great
Mar 17, 2016 4:05 PM

Feb 2014
Kuzu no Honkai was the most unexpected one to be adapted, and to be in noitaminA is more surprising too but I'm really looking forward to it. Also from its title (A Scum's Wish), I guess some people might hate it...
dolly94Mar 18, 2016 3:44 AM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» 'Yuru Camp△' Season 3 Announces Additional Cast

Nioxys - 7 hours ago

7 by Gear707 »»
4 minutes ago

» Novel 'Ganbatte Ikimasshoi' Gets Anime Movie

DatRandomDude - Mar 21

5 by kihel »»
15 minutes ago

» 'Dungeon Meshi' Second Cour Reveals Additional Cast, Theme Songs, Third Promo

DatRandomDude - 10 hours ago

4 by RobertBobert »»
4 hours ago

» 'Kusuriya no Hitorigoto' Second Season Announced

Nioxys - Mar 23

18 by Adnash »»
11 hours ago

» 'Fairy Tail: 100 Years Quest' Unveils Main Staff, Summer 2024 Premiere

Vindstot - Mar 11

25 by Juventinoaymen »»
12 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.