Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Konosuba: God's Blessing on This Wonderful World! (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Mar 16, 2016 5:36 PM

Nov 2014
best of this season...

8/10
Mar 16, 2016 5:36 PM

Mar 2015
I knew DEEN delivers. They're redeeming themselves this year.

The Destroyer's animation is still far better than that dragon animation they did in fate/stay series lol.

This is simply one of my favorite anime. The characters are great! And it's not even a generic harem shit people would complain about. An alpha Kazuma (asshole), a useless Goddess (idiot), a crazy girl (chuunibyou) and a masochist (pervert). The perfect characters cast ever created.

There is a GOD! A season 2 is fucking confirmed right after the anime finished airing.

Volume 5 please DEEN! Make it 24 episodes! You want money!? I'll give you money! (well... just a bit okay... I don't have much money ;_;)

Season 2 with more cute Megumin shots please!

This is simply 10/10. Enjoyed every bit of it, and the bad animation really helped with the comedy. Though I hope they'd upped the budget for season 2.

Now the real question is, when is season 3?

Mar 16, 2016 5:37 PM
Nov 2015
Kyruga said:
I have to mention how AWESOME has the Kazuma and Aqua's Seyuus: Fukushima Jun and Amamiya Sora, they bring life to Konosuba.

The entire cast did a fantastic job and sadly never ever will any form of Dub even remotely come close to these quality personalities that every single one of their voices embodied. (not that i listen to dubs in the first place, i gave up years ago :S)

But especially in this episode the voice actor of the dead destroyer Inventor brought me to tears ... Such brilliant display of switching from super serious tone - to a dumbfounded one and panicky "OH NOO!" all the way to a relived "Oh well, its all good, i don't care anymore ^^ " attitude ....

OMG , this guy deserves an award for best guest appearance XD
GidarMar 16, 2016 5:52 PM
Mar 16, 2016 5:41 PM

Jul 2013
Great job Deen.
Was sad to see that there was only 10 episodes, but at least season 2 will be coming around.

8/10 easy.
Mar 16, 2016 5:47 PM

Nov 2014
Blancchet said:
A 2nd season? This is way too much for my kokoro, guys.
I am amazed the way an anime this simple turned out to be a fucking masterpiece.
I wish that Darkness' family makes an appearance in the upcoming season.

you wont believe what trope are they gonna play on season two hahaha in regards to her family
Mar 16, 2016 5:54 PM

Feb 2011
I guess I'll be the 1st to nit pick...or did someone beet me to the punch? I don't know how teleportation magic works, but I'm sure Kazuma could have told Wiz to teleport it somewhere in the direction of where the Destroyer came from. It would have greatly deceased the chances of effecting any populated areas since the Destroyer likely already destroyed it. Also, the 1st thought that came to mind when the Destroyer started to overheat was Aqua's water magic. I know you'd get scolding hot water out of it, but since when has destroying something that's overheating been the norm? These plot choices were obviously meant to move the story forward, but at least Kazuma becoming a criminal could have been avoided. Well, it just means he won't be stuck in the same town anymore. We'll see if he returns next season unless he's allowed to stay in the town for some reason or other...
Give me at least 5 minutes to modify my post before quoting me. (refreshing page advised)
Mar 16, 2016 6:06 PM

Jun 2013
Great ending to an anime that was so much better than I ever hoped it could be!
Can't wait for the OVA then season two!
5/5 final episode
10/10 overall :)
Mar 16, 2016 6:09 PM

Nov 2012
Wait, that was the end.... Not fair, I wanted more episodes; This basically was the only series I am really enjoying this season.... Well, at least there will be a second season....
Mar 16, 2016 6:18 PM

Sep 2013
Reload said:
I guess I'll be the 1st to nit pick...or did someone beet me to the punch? I don't know how teleportation magic works, but I'm sure Kazuma could have told Wiz to teleport it somewhere in the direction of where the Destroyer came from. It would have greatly deceased the chances of effecting any populated areas since the Destroyer likely already destroyed it. Also, the 1st thought that came to mind when the Destroyer started to overheat was Aqua's water magic. I know you'd get scolding hot water out of it, but since when has destroying something that's overheating been the norm? These plot choices were obviously meant to move the story forward, but at least Kazuma becoming a criminal could have been avoided. Well, it just means he won't be stuck in the same town anymore. We'll see if he returns next season unless he's allowed to stay in the town for some reason or other...

the teleportation was literally random teleportation. She couldn't control where it goes at all which is why Kazuma said he'll take responsibility and that he's confident in his luck. They didn't really go into details there.
As for the overheating... I'm not actually sure if there was an explanation to that.
Mar 16, 2016 6:21 PM

Jan 2016
They sure spend their budget in this last episode,those adventurer getting their resolve to protect to most important place in town(succubus bar) and lots of hilarious moments with megumin,definitely a great watch this season 8/10. I shall wait for season 2.
Mar 16, 2016 6:27 PM

Apr 2011
I was thinking their mansion would be destroyed. Hahaha
Mar 16, 2016 6:56 PM
Sep 2014
Reload said:
I guess I'll be the 1st to nit pick...or did someone beet me to the punch? I don't know how teleportation magic works, but I'm sure Kazuma could have told Wiz to teleport it somewhere in the direction of where the Destroyer came from. It would have greatly deceased the chances of effecting any populated areas since the Destroyer likely already destroyed it.

The implication was that it would take too long to determine and fix a coordinate for the teleportation, and that a random teleport would be much, much faster. And they didn't exactly have the luxury of time.

I wish they'd just teleported it inside the demon king's castle, but I guess that'd be too easy huh?
Mar 16, 2016 6:58 PM

Jun 2015
Great end to a great show! Aqua finally got to be useful without fucking everything up and Megumin got to cast twice in one day! Glory to everyone!

Really happy we get an OVA and a second season, lucky us!

For those interested, I did my review on the show here. I hope everyone else had as much fun this season as I did!
Mar 16, 2016 7:00 PM

Aug 2015
lol funny episode. This series surprised me, I wasn't honestly expecting much, but it delivered. Glad a second season has been announced.
Mar 16, 2016 7:05 PM

Jun 2015
Amazing!!!
I'm giving this a 8/10
Those explosions were magnificent!!!
Michael bay would be proud!
Mar 16, 2016 7:11 PM

Aug 2014
Lmfao. This anime deserves to have my 1000th comment.

KonoSuba was by far the anime I enjoyed the most this season. This kind of comedy comes rarely. I mean, to make me like every single character, look forward to each episode and actually force laughter out of me? Well played, Deen.

Honestly, this will be one of the few anime this season that I'll rate highly.

Final episode: 6/5
Series overall: 8.5/10

I cannot wait for season 2.
~||Sky of the Night Light||~
Mar 16, 2016 7:37 PM

Feb 2011
fatalystic said:
I wish they'd just teleported it inside the demon king's castle, but I guess that'd be too easy huh?
So true, even that other castle that Megumin used for explosion practice would have done the trick if the demon king's was too far to teleport it. Was there any mention of casualties? If there was none, then it was still pretty lucky. We'll see where his luck takes him next season...unless there's some kind of time skip and the demon king is already defeated by the time he is released from prison. That'd be a form of luck, and also too easy. Well, I don't believe he'll go to prison at least. I'd believe he'd be on the run or his companions find a way to get him out of his circumstance based on previous events. If he's executed, Aqua can't really revive him without being considered an accomplice.
Give me at least 5 minutes to modify my post before quoting me. (refreshing page advised)
Mar 16, 2016 7:48 PM

Mar 2015
ryukan said:
Tohka_Yatogami said:
The diary part made me lol.

Good to see a second season is confirmed!

when they started reading the diary part, for a minute i thought it was like some serious stuff
and then i got trolled lmao

That's the best gag.

Mar 16, 2016 7:58 PM

Sep 2013
This was an incredibly strong contender for AOTY and as far as my excitement for season 2 goes, I'm all aboard the hype train but I really pray DEEN loses the saggy boobs. Please.
Mar 16, 2016 8:38 PM

May 2008
kurikinton said:
ugh it ended without her appearing
This and Wiz got more screen time which is awesome. Now i am waiting for season 2.
Mar 16, 2016 8:42 PM

May 2012
What an unexpectedly great show this was! Definitely a surprise hit of the Winter Season in my book. As far as the episode is concerned, I loved how every main character got their chance to shine while still displaying all of their lovable quirks. Gonna miss it, but certainly happy that a season 2 is on the way. :)

Episode- 5/5 Show- 8/10
"No matter how much of a genius one is, in front of the Uchiha name, they're just ordinary people." - Sasuke Uchiha

Mar 16, 2016 8:42 PM
Feb 2016
Pretty nice ending, i really hope next season is not so cliche as this one, and off course, i know is kind of and stupid dream, but i really hope a good characther development (both personality and powers) from the next seasons, and a bit of serious plot, i'm sure it would make the series really good.
Mar 16, 2016 8:46 PM
Sep 2015
Finale was a little rushed, I'd like it was a two episode, but still very funny.
Overall the series have very solid comedy and make laugh a lot. 8/10
So much HYPE for season 2
Mar 16, 2016 8:57 PM

Oct 2011
Darkness became Saber. That speech she gave to Kazuma. Her true name and her goal/dreams.

Died from the diary OMFG LOL!!!!!!

Megumin Explosion magic to the end

Oops Kazuma is a criminal now and more in debt even more XDDD LOL!!!!!
Mar 16, 2016 9:03 PM

Oct 2012
Well, at least I knew why there are so many male adventurer still in that town xD

I'll miss those EXPLOSION!!! T_T
Poor Kazuma, he's never lucky isn't he?

Btw, the animation kinda decent compared to episode 9 right??

Definitely one of the many enjoyable anime of this season
"Signature removed"
Mar 16, 2016 9:09 PM

Dec 2013
Really happy this is getting a season 2 :)

Knew something was going to go wrong at the end and it did. Poor Kazuma LOL
Mar 16, 2016 9:13 PM

Nov 2012
aw yiss

motha fukin season 2
Fearless. Hunter.
☣ Neuronal Python / Saku
Mar 16, 2016 9:22 PM

Aug 2013
Seems they skipped the Snipe think and the golems defending the Destroyer.

Will watch season 2 for sure, there's never enough Megumin.

Vanir, Kommeko and Yunyun! Give me season 2 now!!! Cant wait to see then animated and fully voiced.
Mar 16, 2016 9:30 PM

Mar 2009
Good show. Looking forward to more Darkness and Megumin in S2. Props to Deen!
Mar 16, 2016 9:57 PM

Dec 2012
So much EXPLOSIONS! Michael Bay will be proud

Mar 16, 2016 10:04 PM

Jan 2016
There were a couple of scenes in this episodes that really made me laugh, loved it. Glad to know that there's going to be a second season. I haven't watched Erased yet but I'm certain KonoSuba is (if not the best) one of the bests of the season. I could say it has become one of my favorites.
Mar 16, 2016 10:19 PM

Aug 2013
This episode was quite hilarious, logically I expected a lot of problems for the last episode, but things were funnier than I thought, the characters' reactions were crazy as always, I laughed the whole episode, Kazuma is becoming increasingly adapted to their companions, and causes many problems as they

This adaptation was much better than I imagined, I expected a great comedy, but the comedy was excellent, the anime is certainly fun and it was one of the best season in my opinion, I'm already looking forward to next season ..

Mar 16, 2016 10:33 PM

Sep 2015
This anime is probably my favourite that i have followed throughout this season (i have put Rakugo on hold until it is finished). However, i will say that its novelty and charm petered out as the series progressed, despite a promising first half. Shame really that the anime decided to play it safe by just meandering around in the second half of the show without any sort of progression, as i initially liked its meta-style of comedy; along with its cynical MC. Also i noticed that it became a lot more fan service heavy in the last few episodes which kinda put me off a little. Still, season 2 has been announced so i'll definitely pick that up, and hopefully it builds upon the positive elements of the first season.
OnTheShoreMar 16, 2016 10:43 PM
Defeating a sandwich, only makes it tastier
Mar 16, 2016 10:59 PM
May 2010
Despite the early end, Konosuba is without a doubt a very fun and entertaining anime.

For this episode alone studio Deen really rev up the animation, I like Aqua's Break Spell the most. Not to forget the comedy too of course. From the Diary scene to Kazuma's monologue when drain touched by wiz, make this last episode stand above the other episode.

With the incoming OVA and season 2, I'm so dang sure I gonna watch them all
Sallad4everMar 16, 2016 11:02 PM
Mar 16, 2016 11:17 PM
Dec 2013
What's awesome is that it was a low budget anime from studio DEEN so many people were overlooking it, which going in I felt bitter about. Apparently though it ranked 2nd in sales behind the Monogatari series (I think), so all is well that ends well.

It stayed pretty faithful to the source material so I'm really happy with how it turned out. It pretty much covered the first two volumes so it has plenty of material left to animate (9 vol total).
Mar 17, 2016 12:14 AM

Aug 2009
So many laughs from this show, had a great time. Deen is bae. This and Rakugo are the best of the season. Can't wait for season 2.

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself."
-Friedrich Nietzsche
Mar 17, 2016 1:32 AM

Jul 2013
Definitely this will go down as one of the funniest anime around. The initial cover and introduction maybe a bit misleading but it turns out to be one of those rare anime that's just pure comedy without ever relying on the harem aspect. Every girl is likable and Kazuma is tsukkomi done right.

Any other season this will be a great contender for AOTS for sure but it's pretty damn close as far as this season goes. The greatest strength is definitely the seiyuus who did a fantastic job in delivering the jokes and making these characters alive.

I'm so gonna miss "hai, hai Kazuma desu", the atama okashi girl, the crazy so un-Goddess like party entertainer, and Lalatina (lol). My biggest disappoint is that there are only 10 episodes but hey, at least they're gracious enough to produce a 2nd season already.

8/10

PS: That diary is so goddamn funny lol
Mar 17, 2016 1:42 AM
Oct 2013
Funniest anime this season. Have so much fun. Thanks heavens there's season 2.

9/10
Mar 17, 2016 1:57 AM
Mar 2016
and kazuma got even more debt xD, i still wondering why he is so unlucky despite being said having high luck on his stat

really like this one show . konosuba adapt simple boke and straightman jokes, with all the girl, and maybe, all the world as the boke, and kazuma being as the sole straightman. the catch is, all the seiyuu really done well on voiced out the jokes, especially kazuma seiyuu, it really caught me how really good the seiyuu is.
Mar 17, 2016 2:09 AM

Aug 2013
Best anime comedy of the season hands down!!! Megumin is truly the BEST girl in this anime! But I still love all the girls though. And I love the ending because season 2 has been confirmed to be in production! So glad that this awesome comedy adventure will continue!!!
Mar 17, 2016 2:15 AM

Jan 2016
The delivery of the Destroyer's creator's lines was goddamn amazing. I was laughing my ass off.

Also, SEASON 2 CONFIRMED, WOO! GET HYPE!
"Now you have your answer. That's Fire Bomber. We don't know their past or future... they're just here. That's all there is." - Akiko Lips
Mar 17, 2016 2:30 AM

Jun 2014
Definitly the best anime of this season, looking foward for s2.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 17, 2016 2:54 AM

Jan 2011
So Professor Frink got sent to that world too.
Mar 17, 2016 3:10 AM

Mar 2011
Thank you!!!
I didn't know what I'd do if I couldn't hear, "Hi hi I'm Kazuma" anymore.
I didn't watch that much anime this season but nonetheless 9/10 anime of the season for me!
[Input amazing signature]
Jelly?
Mar 17, 2016 3:27 AM

Aug 2008
SO. That's where all their budget went to! Pretty nice episode, in terms of action (and fun).

Overall, it was a very entertaining to watch series, and the humor was great too.
But it was too short! (Even if I haven't read the novel or anything, it's quite obvious they burnt through the material pretty damn fast). Budget constrictions maybe?

At least they announced S2. Now we play the waiting game (for 2 years, I'd guess lol).
Mar 17, 2016 4:02 AM

Oct 2015
This anime is just too amazing!
That animation for all that magic was ridiculous!
I expected the coronatite to be teleported to the Demon King or something but nope, blew up someones mansion!
Darkness is still a masochist. She ran into a selfdestructing fortress!
Megumin actually used her magic twice for once! I expected her to blow up half the town with the size of that explosion!
Aqua wasn't useless for the first time!
I love this anime way too much!
Anime of the year for me so far!
And there's a second season! Too hyped!
CocaoMar 17, 2016 4:06 AM
Mar 17, 2016 4:04 AM

May 2015
ah they're confirmed season 2 as well

very good show 8/10
Mar 17, 2016 5:14 AM
Jul 2018
Ah, so they left at the cliffhanger of Sena coming for kazuma huh? Nice, way for season 2.

9/10. My wednesdays will never be the same ;-; . Looking forward to ova(hope they adapt party swap) and season 2!
Mar 17, 2016 6:01 AM
Nov 2015
lalatina lmfaooo!
Mar 17, 2016 6:04 AM

Sep 2015
Season 2 is green lit! :D
Pages (9) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

-Karoshi- - Jan 12, 2016

387 by S2P_cinephile »»
Yesterday, 12:46 PM

» Netflix English subs are garbage - Crunchyroll is way better

Logikx - Apr 16

17 by HenryLeo123 »»
Yesterday, 2:26 AM

» Who will end up with Kazuma ?

lightning_angad7 - Apr 3

24 by rohan121 »»
Apr 8, 11:28 PM

Poll: » Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 9, 2016

371 by 0451 »»
Apr 4, 11:02 AM

Poll: » Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo! Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 2, 2016

225 by 0451 »»
Apr 3, 8:29 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.