Forum Settings
Forums
New
Mar 15, 2016 1:18 AM

Mar 2015
Simple thread, list one anime or however many ever you want, but the one condition is you say how you're enjoying it thus far and give a decently detailed explanation. No spoilers of course, that's a given!

As for myself, I've been watching Neon Genesis Evangelion. I'm sure you've all heard of it at least in passing, or referenced in an anime. Personally for me it has lived up to the hype, and I'm enjoying it quite a lot, it has some of the more realistic depictions of characters I've seen. This is the one thing I love most about the series because it lets those psychological elements of the series dig even further into your skin. It is of course a Mecha, though it is a deconstruction of the genre that poses many question about the sanity of our pilots and the stress the mechs impose on the individual, the questions of the unknown enemy, and the shady politics and the price of maintaining such costly equipment, as well of the origin of the mechs and their history. There's definitely a lot more going on here than the typical Mecha especially in the background that keeps me on the edge of my seat and coming back for more. I've left out many of the more interesting things about the series however, as those would be spoilers. I didn't use them.
TheSkiesAwakeDec 20, 2017 1:14 PM
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Mar 15, 2016 2:06 AM

May 2015
I have been watching "Ace of Diamond," even though I'm quite far behind. I'm currently up to episode 16 of season 2, and I want to catch up before the final episode airs in 2 or so weeks (I probably won't). It's really good if you like sports stuff, even a tiny bit. There is also lots of funny moments with the main character.

I've also been watching Grimgar of Fantasy and Ash. It's about some strangers who are transported into a RPG-like world. It's extremely slow paced, despite it only having 12 episodes. I Expect it to have a second season in the future. If you liked Sword Art Online, you'll like this.
Mar 15, 2016 4:33 AM

Mar 2015
Amero99 said:

I've also been watching Grimgar of Fantasy and Ash. It's about some strangers who are transported into a RPG-like world. It's extremely slow paced, despite it only having 12 episodes. I Expect it to have a second season in the future. If you liked Sword Art Online, you'll like this.

If you like mmo anime, Log Horizion is a must, deals with a lot of political issues of living in the DATABASE... But seriously, great show with a lot of politics and entertaining characters and it actually captures the MMO vibe quite well with the use of the UI, guilds, and whatnot. The characters create an economy, a political echelon, are tasked to deal with the problems of living in the world, and deal with criminals gaming the system. Really interesting show, think you'll like it.

On the topic of sports anime I really need to try watching one, one day.
Mar 15, 2016 7:36 AM

Mar 2016
I´m right now watching Durarara!! It is every confusing and I did not get a singel bit. In all this you get to know 12-15 characters how have the most complicated connections to each other. However this anime is really amazing and genius! After episode 6 suddenly makes sens and you get all the weird connections.
I´m was goning to drop this Anime but just then it switch and now I can´t wait to finish it!
Mar 15, 2016 5:34 PM

Feb 2016
Hi.

Well, a few days ago I was watching Special A. It was very good. After that I watched Ace no Diamond episode 49 which was aired this Saturday. After that I have had a two-day break from anime. However, I will watch some anime today. Definitely. I am considering watching Guilty Crown or Chiyafharu.
Mar 15, 2016 6:17 PM

Mar 2015
Time2Fantasize said:
I´m right now watching Durarara!! It is every confusing and I did not get a singel bit. In all this you get to know 12-15 characters how have the most complicated connections to each other. However this anime is really amazing and genius! After episode 6 suddenly makes sens and you get all the weird connections.
I´m was goning to drop this Anime but just then it switch and now I can´t wait to finish it!

I've actually considered watching it fairly recently, even despite what I have heard about the 2nd Series being very disappointing to the initial one even being called incoherent for a series which is already called confusing, seems very interesting though, especially with the aspect about gangs. But, it's difficult to decide want to watch a majority of the time for me, I merely go with the flow and end up watching whatever. However when you mention 12-15 characters and their intricate connections, that sounds right up my alley!
Mar 15, 2016 8:26 PM
Jul 2018
I'm not watching all of these animes right now, these are just the ones on my watching list. I kind of switch which ones I binge watch from time to time.
Nichijou 9/10 ➻ I've really been enjoying the random, stupidly, comedic elements. It kind of reminds me a little of K-On! and Yuru Yuri in that aspect but just more random. Can I just also get onto the OP though? I usually skip OPs if it's not that appealing to me, but the OP for this is just both a catchy beat and the video itself is hilarious.

akagami no shirayuki-hime 2nd season 7/10 ➻ I really enjoyed the first season of this anime when it came out and I still like the second but after reading/watching Akatsuki no Yona, my enjoyment of this anime has just gone down a tinge just because I keep comparing the two since they both have red-headed heroines. Overall, I still think it's a really good romance anime, I just after watching Akatsuki no Yona, I feel like it's a way better alternative.

dagashi kashi 6/10 ➻ This one is alright as the score suggests. It's not super bad or super good. If you like watching people eat snacks then it could work better for you. Lately, I just haven't been in the mood to watch it and it's kinda becoming a chore which I really hate because there could be more to it and I just feel too lazy to go and watch it. I feel like it might make it into my dropped list though. ; (
Mar 15, 2016 9:26 PM

Mar 2016
fuwa-ai said:
I'm not watching all of these animes right now, these are just the ones on my watching list. I kind of switch which ones I binge watch from time to time.
Nichijou 9/10 ➻ I've really been enjoying the random, stupidly, comedic elements. It kind of reminds me a little of K-On! and Yuru Yuri in that aspect but just more random. Can I just also get onto the OP though? I usually skip OPs if it's not that appealing to me, but the OP for this is just both a catchy beat and the video itself is hilarious.

akagami no shirayuki-hime 2nd season 7/10 ➻ I really enjoyed the first season of this anime when it came out and I still like the second but after reading/watching Akatsuki no Yona, my enjoyment of this anime has just gone down a tinge just because I keep comparing the two since they both have red-headed heroines. Overall, I still think it's a really good romance anime, I just after watching Akatsuki no Yona, I feel like it's a way better alternative.

dagashi kashi 6/10 ➻ This one is alright as the score suggests. It's not super bad or super good. If you like watching people eat snacks then it could work better for you. Lately, I just haven't been in the mood to watch it and it's kinda becoming a chore which I really hate because there could be more to it and I just feel too lazy to go and watch it. I feel like it might make it into my dropped list though. ; (

The OP to Nichijou is one of the best I've seen. I loved it.
Hi
Mar 15, 2016 10:56 PM
Jul 2018
I'm watching D.gray-man, Bakuman and Toradora. I spend all the afternoon in school so i have not free time to watch anime, i only watch one or two episodes T.T
Mar 17, 2016 2:55 AM

Apr 2014
I'm watching quite a few anime but the ones I am currently following as of late are:
Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku Wo! (airing and completed)- Has been a fun series to watch although every once in a while, it hurts my brain at how stupid the characters act sometimes.
Ao no Kanata no Four Rhythm (airing)- Looks very pretty but the story itslef is a bit lacklustre so far.
Mahou Shoujo Nante mou ii desukara (airing)- Funny premise for a magical girl anime. Also the opening is quite catchy.
Koi to Senkyou to Chocolate (rewatching and completed)- The anime is good but it feels like its missing something.
Mar 17, 2016 9:19 PM
TNC Creator

Feb 2016
I'm currently watching the Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya. I'm watching it chronologically and this series is just super confusing that way. The characters are interesting but watching it the unintended way really makes the series feel off.
Mar 17, 2016 9:54 PM

Mar 2016
TheSkiesAwake said:
I'm currently watching the Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya. I'm watching it chronologically and this series is just super confusing that way. The characters are interesting but watching it the unintended way really makes the series feel off.

Nice, I've been watching it too but I think I've dropped it or just put it on hold for like 6 months. It was ok but it got a bit boring... I hear that the movie is worth it though so I'll watch it again during spring break.
Hi
Mar 17, 2016 9:55 PM

Mar 2016
Oh and I've been watching Another. It's both mysterious and creepy.
Hi
Mar 22, 2016 5:24 AM

Dec 2015
Anyone else watching a bunch of anime from winter season? If so, what's your favourite and why? :)
Mar 22, 2016 8:55 AM

Feb 2016
I watched Another yesterday. Man, was it creepy. And since I saw it at night, I had the creeps when sleeping, lol. I also watched Toradora. It is interesting if you are a romance fan, but otherwise, not.
Mar 22, 2016 1:28 PM

Oct 2015
I'm currently watching Erased from winter season and I think that is really good .Nice plot , awesome characters and good animation. I really enjoyed the first episodes while the last ones are not on the same level for me . The last episode is airing on thursday and I can't wait !
Also I've just started watching Darker than black :)
Mar 22, 2016 2:13 PM

Dec 2015
Syonos said:
I'm currently watching Erased from winter season and I think that is really good .Nice plot , awesome characters and good animation. I really enjoyed the first episodes while the last ones are not on the same level for me . The last episode is airing on thursday and I can't wait !
Also I've just started watching Darker than black :)

Hmm yeah I've got pretty much the same impression - first episodes were great but then it fell off slightly. I wish there was more
, really like that aspect. But still looking forward to the finale, probably most of all the shows I'm watching atm. Great voice actors btw, I believe some of them are first timers and are doing great!

Darker than black looks interesting!
Mar 22, 2016 10:52 PM

Mar 2016
I just started rewatching Gakkougurashi. Definitely a lot slower in plot development than I remembered. Wouldn't mind a sequel for closure once the manga finishes. I recommend it for a bit of cute slice of life mixed with zombie apocalypse horror. It's not very gory so even if you're squeamish, you'll probably still enjoy it a fair bit :)

I also just caught up with Erased, and ohhhh my god. My friends were over at the time and told me to finish the latest episode, I literally ran down my stairs afterwards and screamed "I FUCKING KNEW IT!" in their faces once they revealed the culprit. The voice actor for the protag suits very well, spectacular job even though its their first anime voice credit :o
Mar 23, 2016 9:56 AM

Oct 2013
I am currently watching Monster and I have to say that it's better than I expected, will watch more because I realy like mistery, though there is no romance in this since I noticed you all like romance animes. ;] I can recommend some good animes if you aren't watching anything at the moment. Here I go:

I finished "Akatsuki no Yona" this week, it has a little of all (romance, action,adventure and etc.), but it needs a second season.
"Ookami to Koushinryou" has 2 seasons, it's very cute and nice to watch.
"Lovely complex" - this is a must watch!! Very funny and romantic.
Mar 23, 2016 12:13 PM
TNC Creator

Feb 2016
Currently watching Hibike! Euphonium. First impressions on the Anime are pretty good. Nothing too special but it's still pretty nice. The animation looks great too.
Mar 23, 2016 12:36 PM
Mar 2016
I've been watching Golden Time! So far it's really adorable and what I like about it most is that it isn't like any other romance anime I have seen. It shows the ups and downs of being in a relationship rather than waiting 20 episodes for them to finally figure out their feelings for each other..Overall it's really cute and I would recommend it for anyone wanting to watch a romance anime:)
Mar 23, 2016 2:58 PM

Oct 2015
Zaiko0 said:
I am currently watching Monster and I have to say that it's better than I expected, will watch more because I realy like mistery, .

I really like mistery too , I've already heard about Monster somewhere but I wasn't sure about watching it since it has so many episodes
Mar 23, 2016 3:29 PM

Feb 2016
I just finished Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann the other day and it was fantastic!

Now I'm starting Concrete Revolutio: Choujin Gensou. It doesn't have a good reputation but I'll give it a shot. I've only seen one episode so far so I can't really judge it yet, but the premise seems kind of interesting.
Mar 24, 2016 4:48 AM

Oct 2013
Syonos said:
Zaiko0 said:
I am currently watching Monster and I have to say that it's better than I expected, will watch more because I realy like mistery, .

I really like mistery too , I've already heard about Monster somewhere but I wasn't sure about watching it since it has so many episodes

Yeah the 74 episodes are a challenge and the development is slow :D I can tell you when I finish it if it's worth it ;)
Mar 30, 2016 3:24 PM

Feb 2016
TheSkiesAwake said:
I just started that one too. Im not sure what to think of it so far.
Mar 30, 2016 3:33 PM
TNC Creator

Feb 2016
2toefootfungus said:
TheSkiesAwake said:
I just started that one too. Im not sure what to think of it so far.

Yeah. I finished that one two weeks ago. I moved on to Zero no Tsukaima and I'm completing it today.
Mar 30, 2016 3:56 PM
Mar 2016
I'm nearly halfway through Steins;gate and it's been pretty good so far - the characters are well developed, and the tensions are really rising. The first 5 or 6 episodes were a little slow, but i guess this is to allow for a long-winded buildup, then an enormous, gigantic climax. Which i'm really looking forward to see!!!

I'm also enjoying the psychological suspense within the show, and the main protagonist - he may come across as pretty pretentious, but it does become amusing to see him get into an argument with himself XD
Mar 31, 2016 2:34 AM
Mar 2016
Time2Fantasize said:

Yeah right!! You should finish it. Its OK, i didn't even know what was happening in the first season. I had to re-watch it. I am on X2 ten now.
Mar 31, 2016 2:35 AM
Mar 2016
I am watching K:return of kings (i hope you all have heard of it). I have seen season 1 and the movie and I recommend this anime to all of you. Its a nice anime. I'me enjoying this anime. I am actually watching it (on EP.9). Its based on kings and their clansman. Its also very funny. it has a nice plot.
SO..... I don't know what else to say, but I recommend this anime
Mar 31, 2016 2:40 AM
TNC Creator

Feb 2016
Otaku090 said:
I am watching K:return of kings (i hope you all have heard of it). I have seen season 1 and the movie and I recommend this anime to all of you. Its a nice anime. I'me enjoying this anime. I am actually watching it (on EP.9). Its based on kings and their clansman. Its also very funny. it has a nice plot.
SO..... I don't know what else to say, but I recommend this anime

Another member of the club is watching that too.
Mar 31, 2016 2:43 AM
Mar 2016
Who? Tell me the name. I have been aching to share that anime with someone.
Mar 31, 2016 2:46 AM
TNC Creator

Feb 2016
Otaku090 said:
Who? Tell me the name. I have been aching to share that anime with someone.

I don't remember... Ask in the comment section. I'm sure someone will reply sooner or later.
Mar 31, 2016 2:47 AM
Mar 2016
OK, thanks
Mar 31, 2016 9:04 AM

Mar 2016
I finished Mirai Nikki last night, so I've now moved on to Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso. Been taking the recommendations from our forums. :)

EDIT: I'm also watching Dragon Ball and Gintama a little bit at a time, just for some variety lol.
Mar 31, 2016 10:38 AM

Feb 2016
I am currently giving The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya a shot mostly because I like Crispin Freeman's voice and also Kyon seems to be a fan favorite character. I am not too invested in show as of yet but I'll give it a few more episodes.
Mar 31, 2016 10:39 AM
TNC Creator

Feb 2016
ThisIsCaptain said:
I am currently giving The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya a shot mostly because I like Crispin Freeman's voice and also Kyon seems to be a fan favorite character. I am not too invested in show as of yet but I'll give it a few more episodes.

You and I think alike. Although I watched the Anime with the sub. Crispin Freeman has an awesome voice.
Mar 31, 2016 10:46 AM

Feb 2016
TheSkiesAwake said:
ThisIsCaptain said:

You and I think alike. Although I watched the Anime with the sub. Crispin Freeman has an awesome voice.

When I found out the person who voiced Kirei also voices Kyon
Mar 31, 2016 11:12 AM

Jan 2016
I have just started White Album 2 and well it's ok at the moment, I only have seen 2 episodes :v
Mar 31, 2016 1:06 PM
Mar 2016
I've just started watching TokyoGhoul. I'm really enjoying it so far - the main protagonist is really interesting, and it's following a pretty unique plot. I've got really high hopes for it so far!!
Mar 31, 2016 1:24 PM

Feb 2016
TomayaOak said:
I've just started watching TokyoGhoul. I'm really enjoying it so far - the main protagonist is really interesting, and it's following a pretty unique plot. I've got really high hopes for it so far!!

I watched episode 1 and I put it on hold. I look to return to it soon but it was not the kind of anime I was looking for at the time.
Mar 31, 2016 2:32 PM

Jan 2016
TomayaOak said:

I enjoyed tokyo ghoul a lot too! Hope you continue enjoying it
Apr 9, 2016 5:00 AM

Oct 2015
I'm currently watching some new anime of this season : Joker game , Bungou Stray Dogs, re:zero , Boku no hero academia , Mayoiga and I'd to watch Kiznaiver too.
I don't know if I will be able to watch so many anime at once since I usually watch only one at a time . Anybody else watching some of these :) ?
Apr 9, 2016 5:46 AM

Nov 2015
@Syonos I'm actually watching most of those as well (Academia, Re:Zero, Mayoiga, Kiznaiver, and Joker Game). In addition, I've also started watching Sakamoto? :D
Forum Set and Profile Picture by aikopotz~
Apr 9, 2016 5:48 AM

Feb 2016
I just started my first Mobile Suit Gundam series, obviously the Iron Blooded Orphans series. I figured since I enjoy most mecha series this one would be a golden ticket, and so far it's surprisingly good. It could however use some more drama, but well, can't have it all :(

TomayaOak said:

You won't be disappointed my friend, honestly, it's one of the best anime(s) I've watched over the past year. Also, Tokyo Ghoul also has two ova's which are a pretty good watch for when you're bored :)
Apr 9, 2016 9:35 AM

Oct 2015
@Nhiraji I've always being attracted to Gundam since I like mecha but I've never really understood if the various Gundam series are connected or not since there are so many

@Kiiii- I've seen that Sakamoto is well reviewed , I may decide to watch it even if comedy is not my genre . There is also Kabaneri but I think it is a bit too similar to Attack on titan
Apr 9, 2016 9:42 AM

Feb 2016
@Syonos That's exactly why I didn't bother watching the gundam series in the first place, since I thought I had to watch all of them before getting to the iron blooded series, however, I don't think they're all connected to eachother rather than them being in the same universe (if even).

I watched the first 11 episodes and it seems this series runs on it's own, there's some reference to 'calamity wars' of '300' years ago, but since this is the first gundam I'm watching, that's of little to no importance in the iron blooded series.
Apr 9, 2016 11:34 AM

Feb 2016
I'm watching/ plan to watch Boku no Hero, Re: Zero, Joker Game, Bungou Stray Dogs, Kiznaiver, Sousei no Onmyouji, Koutetsoujo no Kabaneri, Netoge no Yome wa Onnanoko ja Nai to Omotta?, Flying Witch, and Mayoiga this season.

I've never watched so many anime as they air before, it's kinda nuts.
Apr 9, 2016 11:44 AM

Mar 2016
ionman62 said:
I'm watching/ plan to watch Boku no Hero, Re: Zero, Joker Game, Bungou Stray Dogs, Kiznaiver, Sousei no Onmyouji, Koutetsoujo no Kabaneri, Netoge no Yome wa Onnanoko ja Nai to Omotta?, Flying Witch, and Mayoiga this season.

I've never watched so many anime as they air before, it's kinda nuts.

I know right?
Hi
Apr 9, 2016 2:01 PM

Apr 2016
The main thing I'm watching right now (and should finish up today) is Mushishi. I started off liking it a ton, but that feeling has dwindled a bit since...

My next main series will be Black Lagoon, I think.
Apr 9, 2016 6:19 PM
Apr 2016
Right now I'm watching Gintama, Your Lie in April, and Mushi-shi. I absolutely love Gintama and enjoy it immensely. I've watched 70 episodes so far out of the 312, Lol I still have a long way to go. I've watched half of your lie April so far and I can say without a doubt this anime is slowly shattering my heart into a million tiny pieces. Its an absolutely gorgeous anime and it especially resonates with me because I myself am a musician. I like Mushi-shi a lot but its been getting kind of slow. It always relaxes me when I watch it. I'm planning on watching pyscho-pass and parayste the maxim next
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» [GAMES] Count to 100,000 Part 3 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Karasian - Jan 26, 2021

8331 by omorashi »»
Apr 16, 1:43 PM

» [GAMES] Count down from 100,000 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

babyaki - Dec 4, 2020

6857 by omorashi »»
Apr 16, 1:43 PM

» [GAMES] Anime A-Z Game ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

removed-user - Aug 8, 2017

4737 by Serafos »»
Apr 15, 11:21 PM

» I admit, I actually find Sailor Moon to be "girlier" than Tokyo Mew Mew and that's not a bad thing

removed-user - Feb 5

1 by Serafos »»
Apr 8, 8:20 AM

» Guys check my oil painting of Kimi no Na wa, Tenki no Ko, and Suzume no Tojimari.

mufarari - Jan 20

1 by Serafos »»
Apr 2, 8:02 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.