Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
May 27, 2008 5:38 PM

Apr 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
What Yang lacks in motivation he makes up in intelligence. He's too damn smart. He saw through Reinhard's plans immediately. I don't know if he'll really be able to stop it. It doesn't look like he'll be able to do so easily.

What the heck was up with Siegfried? He could have just signed the books and be gone immediately but out of all people he stops and has a little chat with Julian. That just seemed so out of place that I'm wondering what the significance of it is.

...even a saint needs a soldier to do the dirty work.
Aug 26, 2008 4:34 AM

Feb 2008
Pretty epic seeing Yang and Siegfried meeting face to face.
Oct 26, 2008 7:23 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
good buildup to what's to come!!
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Jul 29, 2009 1:07 AM

Jun 2009
tainteddonut said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
What Yang lacks in motivation he makes up in intelligence. He's too damn smart. He saw through Reinhard's plans immediately. I don't know if he'll really be able to stop it. It doesn't look like he'll be able to do so easily.

What the heck was up with Siegfried? He could have just signed the books and be gone immediately but out of all people he stops and has a little chat with Julian. That just seemed so out of place that I'm wondering what the significance of it is.

Yeah, I wonder what significance it may have.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Jul 29, 2009 1:13 AM
Nov 2007
It mean Julian is the future!!!
Aug 5, 2009 6:39 PM

Jan 2009
I liked how the exchange proceeded so smoothly. I also liked the aside Yang made about Siegfried possibly carrying a bomb on him. XD

But really, I'd wish he and Siegfried and Reinhard could be friends. Sadly, we have things such as scheming nobles, politicians, and outsiders surrounding them on all sides.
Sep 12, 2009 1:10 AM

Jan 2009
I swear it for god, the last time I was this exited was 2 years ago when I finished Monster...

I was exactly like this when Yang and Siegfried met each other:

Anyway, Attenborough made me laugh so fucking hard when he insinuated he could have a bomb, why would Siegfried commit kamikaze while being so young, yet with such a high rank? God damn Attenborough.

It was flawless the way Yang saw through Reinhard plans, so quickly and with no gaps of thoughts, I'm just concerned about him, I could swear I saw Fork with that old rear admiral plotting something against him, I hope nothing happens to him since so far, Yang is the shining start of this show for me, I can't love him more because it's just impossible.

My Anime List. | 皆は見つけられる必要がある。 | Relentless.
Oct 15, 2009 10:18 PM

Jul 2008
love the meeting between between Yang and Siegfried
now I'm waiting for the meeting between Yang & Reinhard..I bet it will be intense~
Nov 28, 2009 2:43 PM

May 2009
Mikiyo said:
Anyway, Attenborough made me laugh so fucking hard when he insinuated he could have a bomb, why would Siegfried commit kamikaze while being so young, yet with such a high rank? God damn Attenborough.
Attenborough is really funny, lol. He often says something really stupid. ^^

Mikiyo said:
I could swear I saw Fork with that old rear admiral plotting something against him...
Yeah, I definitely heard Fork's voice among those men plotting.
May 14, 2010 5:48 AM

Jun 2009
Interesting developments. I also lol'd @ Attenborough.
Jun 16, 2010 6:13 PM

Jul 2008
I wish Yang and Siegfried had a chance to talk longer. It was pretty exciting seeing the two meet. :D

BEGINNER
Aug 26, 2010 3:44 PM

Jan 2010
Echelon said:
Pretty epic seeing Yang and Siegfried meeting face to face.

this.

i think those two would be friends if there were other circumstances...

great episode :),and i'm starting to really preffer the FPA over the empire

4/5
Sayonara,papa!

"Just how a mirror reflects you,people will also reflect your heart."
~Athena Glory,Aria

"Whatever happens,happens"
~Spike Spiegel's thoughts on dying(Cowboy Bebop)
Nov 16, 2010 6:52 PM

May 2010
I can't get rid of this smile during Sieg seeing Yang
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Aug 1, 2011 6:49 PM

Aug 2010
Maybe Julian joins the empire in the future? Meh, who the fuck knows?

Great episode. All that is left is for Yang to meet Reinhard face to face.
Aug 1, 2011 8:44 PM
Jun 2011
Wonder who was in the shadow group? Also, what does Yang have planned? Great episode!
Aug 25, 2011 10:13 PM
Jul 2010
The double-agent got the rebellion stirring so easily, I wonder if he was even necessary. Seems they may have started one themselves.

tainteddonut said:
He probably noticed a kid was wearing a military uniform, and stationed on the front lines in a strategically important location. Any guy as nice as Kircheis would be a little worried, at least enough to offer reassurance.
Oct 11, 2011 8:15 PM

Mar 2011
Yang and Seig meeting face to face was pretty cool if I do say so myself. Now we need a Yang-Reinhard meeting.

Those shady characters are schemin' a sabotage.
Dec 12, 2011 8:50 PM

Sep 2009
Loved that meeting.
I had no idea how it was going to go.
It seemed like both of them wished they could shoo everyone else away and have a private conversation.
Apr 14, 2012 1:42 PM

Feb 2012
The direction and pacing of this episode were flawless (and I say that because, all things considered, that's been my one small complaint of the series so far). The episode took the single simple concept of prisoner exchange and spun an entire story around it using clever scene transitions.

And on top of that:

May 25, 2012 8:31 PM

Jun 2009
Kircheis and Yang meeting was epic, like them I wish they could've just chilled a bit. Really liked the scene at the end with Kircheis describing Yang to Reinhard.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Jun 17, 2012 10:22 PM
Jul 2018
insan3soldiern said:
Kircheis and Yang meeting was epic, like them I wish they could've just chilled a bit. Really liked the scene at the end with Kircheis describing Yang to Reinhard.

Specially when he says how he wishes they could be friends, that was such a poignant moment.
Feb 2, 2013 11:23 PM

Jul 2012
I wonder what Yang asked that old admiral for during their covert meeting in the park during the evening. Should be interesting to find out.
Mar 4, 2013 3:04 AM
Sep 2007
I'm rewatching the series and there's that little dialogue where (Hint for a major spoiler, click at own risk)
Jun 8, 2013 8:48 AM

Dec 2012
I was so happy when they finally met and i loved the fact that Yang presented himself as only Yang Wenli, no titles or any other honorifics and i don't know why but i laughed so hard when i saw the Sydney opera house
Sep 12, 2013 7:41 AM

Nov 2009
Kind of weird how well Kircheis and Yang get along . . . I know Yang is against the war, but Reinhard refers to them as rebels, implying that their is a purpose to the war. So it is weird that they want to meet kind of ...
Sep 21, 2013 1:50 PM

Jul 2011
I can't wait until Reinhard and Yang meet face to face and have a conversation. I'm so excited for that moment. So, so very excited.

And when Kircheis described Yang to Reinhard... :D

What I love about this show is that both sides know what the other is doing. :D
Dec 28, 2013 5:25 AM
Oct 2011
AW HELLA

kircheis and wenli are cute as heck
Jan 8, 2014 7:14 AM

Jan 2012
this series is really interesting because it devotes so much time and greyscale to both sides that you dunno what you want to happen, you just watch helplessly along. im always interested in everything, i never skip; even in all-talk episodes the intrigue is high and world events progress swiftly

wenli is definitely the "unreluctant hero" of the two protagonists, but ive liked reinhard more for a while now. wenli's got a great personality but his laissez-faire attitude can be frustrating in these war situations when you think he couldve done so much more if he just cared. in contrast, reinhard is a complicated motherfucking boss going down a dark road, and its fascinating. he dominates so much that im nervous for him. either way, both characters are well rounded and no viewer could avoid getting a strong sense of their character by now.
NinahJan 8, 2014 7:17 AM
Oct 30, 2014 4:04 PM

Mar 2012
Kind of sad that Reinhard, Seig and Yang would probably get along pretty well if they weren't on opposite sides of the war.
Feb 4, 2015 2:33 PM

May 2012
A slower yet informative episode! Let's see what's next!
Feb 7, 2015 4:10 PM

Aug 2014
It was cool to see Siegfried and Wang interact face to face like that. I can't wait to see how this coup de'tat plan will work out!
May 12, 2015 9:02 PM

Jan 2013
Such an exciting meeting, didn't expect that to happen. Really can't wait till Yang and Reinhard get to speak face to face.
May 25, 2015 12:16 AM
Nov 2014
Interesting episode, that moment when Yang face to face with Siegfried was very cool.
Jun 22, 2015 2:05 AM

Dec 2013
Quite liked the meeting of Yang and Siegfried. Looking forward to the time when Yang and Reinhard meet face to face.
Aug 11, 2015 11:16 PM

Jan 2014
Awws, that was so cuuute!! I want them to be BFFs ;-;
Oct 5, 2015 8:09 AM
Sep 2012
Damn, Yang always figures out Reinhard's plans immediately. He's pretty brilliant. It's nice that at least Sieg got to meet Yang. Great episode.
Oct 11, 2015 9:50 PM

Nov 2012
haha I liked that one quote from Sieg near the end, after admitting Yang is a fearsome opponent.. "If only we could be friends, there would be nothing better than that"..
Mar 7, 2016 10:26 AM

Sep 2013
Wtf that asshole is still up and at it. I hope he goes blind again.
Mar 12, 2016 5:13 AM

Apr 2015
Guys, I'm pretty confused on how the fortress has become populated with millions of civilians and facilities, can anyone explain whether the facility is already exist since its on the territory of Imperials? And do all the civilians belongs to the free alliance? Ty.
Mar 12, 2016 9:06 AM

Jun 2013
You said:
Guys, I'm pretty confused on how the fortress has become populated with millions of civilians and facilities, can anyone explain whether the facility is already exist since its on the territory of Imperials? And do all the civilians belongs to the free alliance? Ty.

The Iserlohn Fortress is a self-contained military base that can remain self-sufficient for an indefinite period of time. This means that it is dependant on civilians to provide services military personnel are not suitable for, such as running their agricultural facilities to feed all the personnel in the fortress, their schools to provide an education for the personnel's children, their entertainment facilities to entertain the personnel when they are not on duty, and so on and so forth. In other words, the entire fortress functions like one big city with all the weapon systems and soldiers tacked onto it.

As for the allegiance of the civilians, they would be all Alliance citizens; any Imperial civilians present in the fortress would have been deported back to the Empire after Yang seized Iserlohn 10 episodes ago.
Mar 12, 2016 9:19 AM

Apr 2015
MagisterArcanum said:
You said:

The Iserlohn Fortress is a self-contained military base that can remain self-sufficient for an indefinite period of time. This means that it is dependant on civilians to provide services military personnel are not suitable for, such as running their agricultural facilities to feed all the personnel in the fortress, their schools to provide an education for the personnel's children, their entertainment facilities to entertain the personnel when they are not on duty, and so on and so forth. In other words, the entire fortress functions like one big city with all the weapon systems and soldiers tacked onto it.

As for the allegiance of the civilians, they would be all Alliance citizens; any Imperial civilians present in the fortress would have been deported back to the Empire after Yang seized Iserlohn 10 episodes ago.

I see, so all the facility already exist since it belongs to the Imperial Galactic Empire. Makes sense now. Thanks!
Mar 12, 2016 5:46 PM

Jun 2013
You said:

I see, so all the facility already exist since it belongs to the Imperial Galactic Empire. Makes sense now. Thanks!

You are welcome! =)
Apr 26, 2016 5:41 PM

Jun 2010
Geez, I feel like the last two or three episodes were just some aside and haven't had much of an effect on anything despite the hilariously large scale of the casualties quoted.

And did Julian join the military off-screen? Yang was pretty set against that last we heard of it. I would have liked to see how it happened even though he opposed it. I'd have preferred that to bland stories with one-shot characters.

MagisterArcanum said:

What makes you think that? As the last few episodes made clear official Alliance policy is to liberate and integrate the common people of the Empire.
Apr 26, 2016 10:54 PM

Jun 2013
Fronzel said:
And did Julian join the military off-screen? Yang was pretty set against that last we heard of it. I would have liked to see how it happened even though he opposed it. I'd have preferred that to bland stories with one-shot characters.

Yes, that's more or less what happened. It is certainly possible to show a montage of how Julian signed up but that wouldn't be absolutely necessary. As for Yang, he always have a laissez-faire approach when it comes to raising Julian, so even if he disliked the idea of Julian joining the military, he will not stop him (and besides, he could not just simply abandon Julian on Heinessen while he's posted to Iserlohn)

Fronzel said:
MagisterArcanum said:

What makes you think that? As the last few episodes made clear official Alliance policy is to liberate and integrate the common people of the Empire.

I was making the assumption that any Imperial citizen who could work in Iserlohn Fortress would be loyal to the Empire, but there's no way I can substantiate that, since the original novel glossed over the fate of the civilians. It only mentioned about how Yang took a population equivalent to that of a metropolis captive when he seized Iserlohn (volume 2, chapter 1). So I guess you can ignore my statement if you think it is wrong. That said, the Alliance would certainly offer those civilians citizenship if they decide to defect, which was how the Rosen Ritter came to existence anyway.
Apr 27, 2016 4:37 PM

Jun 2010
MagisterArcanum said:
Fronzel said:

Yes, that's more or less what happened. It is certainly possible to show a montage of how Julian signed up but that wouldn't be absolutely necessary. As for Yang, he always have a laissez-faire approach when it comes to raising Julian, so even if he disliked the idea of Julian joining the military, he will not stop him (and besides, he could not just simply abandon Julian on Heinessen while he's posted to Iserlohn)

I'd want a whole scene about Julian finally deciding to join up. The last scene on the topic, in episode 3, ended on a deliberate ambiguity so it just skipping a step is disappointing, especially when the character scenes in the show are so good and the battles relatively uninteresting. I could have done without a few of those shots of the same spaceships shooting at each other for minutes if we could have something with major characters instead.
May 30, 2016 4:33 PM

Aug 2014
Attenborough : "Hey...don't be so impressed you join the Empire"
Oh god no...don't tell me it's foreshadowing Julian is going to join the Empire? I mean not only there's several hints throughout the whole episode of that happening, there's this particular scene in the ending song sequence that's been bothering me for a while now, the part where he's looking up at Reinhard...I really hope I'm wrong.

Even with the circumstance at hand, I still love the level of respect both Siegfried and Yang displayed for one another.
Apr 16, 2017 8:35 PM
Jul 2018
I doubt that Yang will ever have the fate to meet Reinhard at this point.The story seems to be going in depressing for me far too early.

That's why I felt great when Seige and Yang met - this was the most highlighted scene of this episode for me.
Dec 18, 2017 12:40 PM

Dec 2014
I think at this point we've got:

Reinhard: 100% mind and soul; 20% Heart; 80% Power
Yang: 100% mind and Heart; 20% Soul, 80% Power
Kircheis: 80% Mind, soul and Heart; 20 % Power

Thats a weird balance
Love... hurts... so...
Jan 13, 2018 4:35 AM

May 2016
I long for that day when those three join hands I wonder if that's happen I really hope so.
Feb 7, 2018 12:35 AM
Nov 2017
Awww, they long to meet each other...

I can't wait
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tainteddonut - May 28, 2008

97 by ELuck42 »»
Apr 16, 8:39 PM

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 69 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tainteddonut - Jun 1, 2008

73 by leyaf »»
Apr 13, 3:20 AM

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tainteddonut - May 27, 2008

89 by MewkiWay »»
Apr 12, 10:03 PM

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tainteddonut - May 28, 2008

109 by ELuck42 »»
Apr 12, 8:59 PM

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 110 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tainteddonut - Jun 7, 2008

603 by bruh98hy89 »»
Apr 8, 8:46 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.