Forum Settings
Forums
New
Mar 12, 2016 2:08 AM

Jul 2009

Winners of the 10th Seiyuu Awards were announced today at a ceremony at the Nippon Cultural Broadcasting (JOQR) Media Plus Hall in Tokyo. The event was simultaneously broadcast on the Chou! A&G+ radio station in a program hosted by seiyuu Ruriko Aoki. A recording of the event will be streamed worldwide on DAISUKI on a later date.

Winners are listed with their respective talent agency.

Best Actor
Yoshitsugu Matsuoka (I'm Enterprise)

Best Actress
Inori Minase (Sony Music Artists)

Best Supporting Actor
Kenichi Suzumura (Intention) and Yoshimasa Hosoya (freelance)

Best Supporting Actress
Shizuka Itou (Ken Production) and Saori Hayami (I'm Enterprise)

Best New Actor
Awarded to actors who debuted within the past five years.
Yuuichirou Umehara (ArtsVision), Shunsuke Takeuchi (81 Produce), and Ayumu Murase (VIMS)

Best New Actress
Awarded to actresses who debuted within the past five years.
Sumire Uesaka (Space Craft Entertainment), Rie Takahashi (81 Produce), and Aimi Tanaka (81 Produce)

Best Vocal
Awarded for singing activity as the character he or she portrays.
i☆Ris, composed of Saki Yamakita, Yuu Serizawa, Himika Akaneya, Yuki Wakai, Miyu Kubota, and Azuki Shibuya (81 Produce)

Best Personality
Awarded for work in radio, TV, or other programs.
Kenichi Suzumura (Intention)

Most Votes (Hall of Fame)
Hiroshi Kamiya (Aoni Production)

The following award winners were announced on the official website on February 16.

Special Achievement Award
Instead of selecting individuals, this year's award is dedicated to those who have died in the past year.
Shinji Ogawa, Kinya Aikawa, Hiroyuki Nishimoto, Yuusuke Takita, Mizuki Saitou, Eiji Maruyama, Sumiko Shirakawa, Kazuya Tatekabe, and Miyu Matsuki

Achievement Award
Awarded to individuals who have made numerous contributions to the profession and outside the industry.
Sachiko Chijimatsu (81 Produce), Tadashi Nakamura (Haikyo), and Michiko Nomura (Ken Production)

Synergy Award
Awarded to a work which exhibits the appeal of the seiyuu profession.
Chibi Maruko-chan, represented by Tarako (Troubadour Musique Office)

Kei Tomiyama Award
Awarded for activity in promoting the seiyuu profession in the media.
Showtaro Morikubo (VIMS)

Kazue Takahashi Award
Kikuko Inoue (Office Anemone)

Kids and Family Award
Voted by children from surveys submitted by elementary schools nationwide.
Pierre Coffin

Special Award
Awarded to any individual, work, or activity for commendable achievements which do not fit any other category.
AOP, composed of Risa Sakurana (AT-X), Kei Tomoe (HoriPro), Yuuki Hirose (Sun Music Production), Saori Ogino (AT-X), Aoi Mizuki (AT-X), and Yui Fukuo (81 Produce)

Official site: http://www.seiyuawards.jp/

← Previous Year
arsonalMar 12, 2016 3:13 AM
On Moderating: Building a more complete anime database.
Spica: Anime, manga, idols.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 12, 2016 2:13 AM

May 2011
CONGRATS TO INORIN & HAYAMINNN!!!! Really well deserved,

Danmachi duo all the way
Mar 12, 2016 2:14 AM

Nov 2007
arsonal said:
Best Actor

Best Supporting Actor

Best Supporting Actress

Best Personality

Kazue Takahashi Award

Congrats. I'm happy for them.

arsonal said:
Kids and Family Award
Pierre Coffin

What?! lol~

I haven't given up hope for Miyu-Miyu to receive an award.
tsubasaloverMar 12, 2016 4:09 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Mar 12, 2016 2:15 AM

May 2011
tsubasalover said:
arsonal said:
Best Actor

Best Supporting Actor

Best Supporting Actress

Best Personality

Kazue Takahashi Award

Congrats. I'm happy for them.

arsonal said:
Kids and Family Award
Voted by children from surveys submitted by elementary schools nationwide.
Pierre Coffin

What?! lol~

I have no words for this Minion www
Mar 12, 2016 2:15 AM

May 2015
ofcourse kenichi suzumura got best supporting actor.He was Iyaami after all.SHEEESH!!!(osomatsu-san reference)

kamiya hiroshi again got the best personality

and the seiyuu for Best Actor got it for being Yukihira Souma in Food Wars.(I think so)

Best Shitty Reviews
“Like is like a blank canvas you paint it with whatever you want (colors,blood,sweat,shit etc)”
Current Season rec : Layton Mystery Tanteisha: Katri no Nazotoki File
I am an anime OST Maniac and they play a huge role in my rating for a anime.
interested ?
click the GIF>>>>>
Mar 12, 2016 2:18 AM

Jul 2014
Good to see Minase Inori getting some attention, I liked her in Gakkou gurashi.

Kamiyan gets most votes yet again~ hasn't he been getting most votes since most votes was a thing?
Mar 12, 2016 2:23 AM

Mar 2015
Ooh I see Takahashi Rie in this list. As a new seiyuu, I'm really glad for her. Since Megumin's voice is perfect! Mii-kun's voice is also cute.

Mar 12, 2016 2:23 AM

Aug 2013
congrats to them all!
really happy to see suzumura kenichi, hosoya yoshimasa and ayumu murase getting some awards!!
Mar 12, 2016 2:28 AM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Matsuoka Yoshitsugu? I guess it's about time he won something given how many roles he's done. Congrats to him, although I'm a bit tired of his voice lately. He should do more roles like...Kanemaru from Diamond no Ace.

I'm really surprised at Minase Inori, since she's quite new? Pretty crazy. Was it mainly for her role as Hestia? salty that Kayanon hasn't won anything yet

Hosoyan for best supporting was to be expected. Sooo many supporting roles.

Congrats to Ume-chan as well! Loved him as En, Wakasa, and Hazama last year :)

SuzuKen getting best personality is great too.
Mar 12, 2016 2:35 AM

Jul 2009
Here's an interesting fact for you. These four all starred in Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka.

arsonal said:
Best Actor

Best Actress

Best Supporting Actor

Best Supporting Actress
On Moderating: Building a more complete anime database.
Spica: Anime, manga, idols.
Mar 12, 2016 2:41 AM

Aug 2013
Matsuoka winning best actor, best kek I've had in a while.

Though it is cool that Suzumura won two awards.
Mar 12, 2016 2:43 AM

Mar 2012
Inori Minase winning deserves it.

Everything is fine but Matsuoka doesn't deserve it.
Do you play Azure Lane?
Then please join my fanclub
https://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=74907
Mar 12, 2016 2:49 AM

Jun 2013
Man this is going to be full of hate because of Matsuoka. Probably even for no reasons other than his roles.
Mar 12, 2016 2:56 AM

Mar 2014
How the fuck do you go from choosing Daisuke Ono to that squint eyed talentless hack YoSHITsugi Matsuoka

Anyway I am really glad that
Kenichi Suzumura
Yoshimasa Hosoya
Saori Hayami
Ayumu Murase
Hiroshi Kamiya
Pierre Coffin
won the award... they deserved it!
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Mar 12, 2016 2:57 AM

Jan 2014
Semen-Demon said:
Everything is fine but Matsuoka doesn't deserve it.
Just because you dont like the characters he voices doesnt mean he is bad at what he is doing...

Raina- said:
Man this is going to be full of hate because of Matsuoka. Probably even for no reasons other than his roles.
yup,its sad...
Mar 12, 2016 3:01 AM
Mar 2010
Ume-chan, Hosoyan, SuzuKen, Kamiyan and Ayumu Murase....all well deserved!

I'm not that fond of Matsuoka-san's voice but congrats to him too.
Check out the News Club for daily rankings, discussion on future CD and BD releases, manga and novels. New members are welcome!
Mar 12, 2016 3:03 AM

Jul 2012
Followed this on Twitter! Congrats to everyone, especially my baes Suzuken, Ume-chan, Morikubo, and Hosoyan.

EVERYONE MUST WATCH THIS IF YOU LIKE SUZUMURA KENICHI (or osomatsu-san)
HE'S SO CUTE !!!!!!!!!
(it's a 20 second clip)
Mar 12, 2016 3:04 AM

Jul 2013
I'm happy for them all, especially for Murase, Itou, Hayami, Suzumura, Hosoya, Morikubo, Inoue and Kamiya (all of them great seiyuus). Congrats to Matsuoka too. His role as Souma was great.

Also, RIP to all the people of the industry who died the last year. Your works wouldn't be misssed :(
Mar 12, 2016 3:14 AM
Apr 2015
So much hate on Matsuoka getting the award, but Minase.... Really? Don't see how she deserved it....
Mar 12, 2016 3:19 AM

Aug 2008
Meh, any VA awards without at least a special mention for Wakamoto or Koyasu are automatically null. On a side note, I can't even remember how Matsuoka sounded in any of his roles I've seen. Not like he got any good roles to begin with.
Ii tenki desu ne...
Mar 12, 2016 3:20 AM

Jul 2012
Antanaru said:
Meh, any VA awards without at least a special mention for Wakamoto or Koyasu are automatically null.
That's pretty...invalid. As much as you may like those seiyuu, the awards are relevant to the current year. They only pick individuals who have had a good influence in the current year.

Hosoya, Suzuken and Matsuoka certainly did a lot this year.
Mar 12, 2016 3:21 AM

Nov 2011
Grats to Yoshitsugu Matsuoka! Well deserved. Also glad to see Shizuka Itou winning the supporting actress role.

Also happy to see Yoshimasa Hosoya on the list. I've been enjoying some his most recent roles including Digimon Movie Tri 2. Can't wait to see him in Bungou Stray Dogs for Spring.
Mar 12, 2016 3:24 AM

Apr 2013
What's with the amount of cast from danmachi in there?
arsonal said:

Best Personality

So he's best bro 2015 even IRL.

ZefyrisMar 12, 2016 3:45 AM
Mar 12, 2016 3:26 AM

Jul 2012
TheGeniusBaka said:
ofcourse kenichi suzumura got best supporting actor.He was Iyaami after all.SHEEESH!!!(osomatsu-san reference)
HE ACTUALLY SHEEEH'D IN HIS ACCEPTANCE SPEECH
https://twitter.com/misa2023misa/status/708590865963311104
Mar 12, 2016 3:30 AM

Mar 2013
Matsuoka was good as Souma in 2015, so congratulations to him. I wonder, what role brought Inori Minase her award - Hestia or Yuuki? Rie Takahashi taking a Best new Actress Award is probably what pleases me the most.
Hiroshi Kamiya took Hiroshi Kamiya's award, just as always.
Mar 12, 2016 3:33 AM

Aug 2008
@Mayuka I think it's pretty obvious I said it in jest. I don't expect my favourite VA to be in every poll, but it's also true that currently popular seiyuu are nowhere near as memorable.
Ii tenki desu ne...
Mar 12, 2016 3:35 AM

Jul 2012
Antanaru said:
@Mayuka I think it's pretty obvious I said it in jest. I don't expect my favourite VA to be in every poll, but it's also true that currently popular seiyuu are nowhere near as memorable.
I think the choices are fine. I follow almost every single male seiyuu and they definitely stood out this year. :') Although, we all know some shows (Osomatsu-san) are the reason why some things won (AOP).
Mar 12, 2016 3:52 AM

May 2008
Yoshitsugu Matsuoka what a overrated/used voice.. He dosent have any special thing in he's voice...
He possible win this Awards for the shitty SAO... blee
Mar 12, 2016 3:56 AM

Jan 2009
Congratulations to all winners, but especially big congrats to precious Kamiyan ♥
Mar 12, 2016 3:57 AM

Mar 2013
Haou-Judai said:
Yoshitsugu Matsuoka what a overrated/used voice.. He dosent have any special thing in he's voice...

Er... You DO know that there was no SAO anime this year, don't you?
Mar 12, 2016 4:00 AM

Jul 2012
Haou-Judai said:
Don't forget Absolute Duo, Aoharu x Machinegun, Food Wars, Danmachi, Makura no Danshi, Mikagura Gakuen, Rakudai Kishi, Saekano, Starmyu, Sky Wizards Academy, Tsubasa to Hotaru, To Love Ru, Ultimate Otaku Teacher, Unlimited Fafnir, YBJ, Dimension W, Nijiro Days....
Mar 12, 2016 4:04 AM

Mar 2014
I expected Rikiya Koyama would winning something.. and the most shocking ..Saori Hayami in SUPPORTING ROLE?? she was in almost every main female role last year (with a quality performance btw) and she won supporting?? she is more suited to Best Actress. The other winners are ok to me. Congratulations to all of them.
Mar 12, 2016 4:07 AM

May 2008
AntonKutovoi said:
Haou-Judai said:

Er... You DO know that there was no SAO anime this year, don't you?

That dosent metter...
he still dosent have any special skill... Eguchi Takuya way better than him (Yahari S2,Ore Monogatari)

Mayuka said:
Haou-Judai said:
Don't forget Absolute Duo, Aoharu x Machinegun, Food Wars, Danmachi, Makura no Danshi, Mikagura Gakuen, Rakudai Kishi, Saekano, Starmyu, Sky Wizards Academy, Tsubasa to Hotaru, To Love Ru, Ultimate Otaku Teacher, Unlimited Fafnir, YBJ, Dimension W, Nijiro Days....

of course lot of random harem main character....
Mar 12, 2016 4:08 AM

Jul 2012
Haou-Judai said:
Mayuka said:

Half of those aren't harems, but okay. You need to stop judging him based off one or two roles. He has a quite decent range, if you listen to Daiya no Ace, Yowamushi Pedal or even Devil and Realist.
Mar 12, 2016 4:14 AM

May 2008
Mayuka said:
Haou-Judai said:

Half of those aren't harems, but okay. You need to stop judging him based off one or two roles. He has a quite decent range, if you listen to Daiya no Ace, Yowamushi Pedal or even Devil and Realist.

Same way don't overrate a voice actor just because he's roles... for example OnoD or Him... lot of people do that...

i like the voice not the character...for example Hiyama Nobuyuki. I f*cking love his voiice and still don't have any favorite character from him just maybe some likable like Zaimokza (Yahari) and Viral (TTGL)
Mar 12, 2016 4:17 AM

Jul 2012
Haou-Judai said:
Same way don't overrate a voice actor just because he's roles... for example OnoD or Him... lot of people do that...

i like the voice not the character...for example Hiyama Nobuyuki. I f*cking love his voiice and still don't have any favorite character from him just maybe some likable like Zaimokza (Yahari) and Viral (TTGL)
Don't get me wrong. I don't think Matsuoka is a GREAT seiyuu at all. I think he's good for what he does and fits. But he deserves winning because he did a lot in the past year. It's not based on talent here.

And I also have seiyuu with only 1 or 2 roles. :')
Mar 12, 2016 4:26 AM

May 2008
Mayuka said:
Haou-Judai said:

Don't get me wrong. I don't think Matsuoka is a GREAT seiyuu at all. I think he's good for what he does and fits. But he deserves winning because he did a lot in the past year. It's not based on talent here.

And I also have seiyuu with only 1 or 2 roles. :')

That why i say Eguchi Takuya who also do lot of thing in 2015. He have extra in hes voice... Just see the different when he do Hikki (yahari) and Takeo (Ore monogatari)...

Matsuoka dosent change anyithing in his voice... always the same... that why he is so boring ass hell..
Mar 12, 2016 4:29 AM

Jul 2012
Haou-Judai said:
Matsuoka dosent change anyithing in his voice... always the same... that why he is so boring ass hell..

Mayuka said:
He has a quite decent range, if you listen to Daiya no Ace, Yowamushi Pedal or even Devil and Realist.

Read my post, dammit. You can't say shit about him if you don't watch more of his shows, like me.

And Egutan didn't do that much in 2015. Definitely needs some recognition, I wish.

Mod Edit: Removed quote of deleted post.

Excuse you.
Did you just diss my Jyushimatsu.
ArdanazMar 12, 2016 5:18 AM
Mar 12, 2016 4:53 AM

Oct 2012
I'm glad they dedicated an award to Miyu

RIP Miyu ;A;
「友達なんていない。人はすぐに裏切るし、学校っていうのは誰かを標的にしないとやってられない馬鹿共の集 まり。ままごとみたいな役決めて、仲のいいふりして都合が悪くなったら知らんぷり。そんな奴らと仲良くした いとか全然思わない。」
Mar 12, 2016 5:17 AM

Aug 2014
Thread cleaned from pointless arguments and unrelated posts.

Please keep your posts relevant to the topic and refrain from creating meaningless arguments.
ArdanazMar 12, 2016 5:23 AM
Mar 12, 2016 5:35 AM
Mar 2016
For those who don't know minase inori won because she is MC in this
myanimelist.net/anime/28725/Kokoro_ga_Sakebitagatterunda

the movie did so well earn around ¥1b in box office

It is like that Anna VA from Frozen last year
MoDE_ActivedMar 12, 2016 6:08 AM
Mar 12, 2016 5:46 AM

Feb 2014
Congrats to DanMachi's combi and to Suzumura (IYAMI~~~) who I'm SOO glad for !!
Mar 12, 2016 6:25 AM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
For those who hates Matsuoka, probably just hates his roles, not necessarily his talent. He's a really great seiyuu and it's nice seeing him win, even though he's not my personal pick.
Mar 12, 2016 6:47 AM
Sep 2015
danmachi winner !
Mar 12, 2016 8:24 AM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Lol, OnoD's anything but! He does a wide range of different characters, like from Shizuo to Juushimatsu XD
He should try out more anime with OnoD in it.

Mod Edit: Removed quote of deleted post.
ArdanazMar 12, 2016 10:42 AM
Mar 12, 2016 8:28 AM
Dec 2011
Read the comments i start think Matsuoka is seiyuu version of John Cena lol.
Mar 12, 2016 9:00 AM

Apr 2014
arsonal said:

Winners are listed with their respective talent agency.

Best Actor

Oh please, Just why he won? Yoshimasa Hosoya deserves this award more.
And his on I'm Enterprise? (Home of Best Seiyuus) I didn't know it. They should fire him already.
arsonal said:

Best Actress

Best Supporting Actor

Best Supporting Actress

This guys deserves their awards. Well pretty much all of them, So Congrats to the Winners.
Haters always gonna hate.
Mar 12, 2016 9:18 AM

Jan 2014
Matsuoka-sensei is really great. He pulled out Kirito so well... I think I'm willing to try DanMachi mostly because of him.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 12, 2016 9:26 AM

Jan 2014
Haou-Judai said:

That why i say Eguchi Takuya who also do lot of thing in 2015. He have extra in hes voice... Just see the different when he do Hikki (yahari) and Takeo (Ore monogatari)...

Actually, I think he couldn't do 8man really well. His voice was way too mature and adult-like for him. I watched one episode and it bothered me (after that, I just stuck to the novels, the absence of narrative through 8man's eyes makes the anime lacking in comparison to the LN)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 12, 2016 10:00 AM

Nov 2007
Does anyone know for which role Matsuoka won the awards? Everyone is suggesting it was for his role as Bell but I though he did far better jobs as Aki and Souma, particularly the latter. He reeked off annoying confidence as Souma that was so fitting for the role and undeniably one of his best performances as a Seiyuu if you asked me.

Happy for Mai-oneesama (Uesaka Sumire), Mitsuhide (Umehara Yuuichirou), Aren-kun (2016) (Murase Ayumu) and Megumin♥ (Takahashi Rie).

But honestly, really happy for all those who have won and really liked the recognition award for those who passed away.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» 'Code Geass: Dakkan no Rozé' Announces Additional Cast

DatRandomDude - Apr 10

15 by RobertBobert »»
Today, 1:39 AM

» 'Fruits Basket' Creator Launches New Manga

Hyperion_PS - Sep 2, 2023

20 by KeyboardBunny »»
Yesterday, 8:04 AM

» 'Kijin Gentoushou' Reveals Main Cast, Staff, Teaser Promo, Summer 2024 Premiere

DatRandomDude - Feb 22

6 by JackAward »»
Apr 13, 1:07 PM

» Voice Actress Mutsumi Tamura Announces Marriage

Hyperion_PS - Apr 1

15 by CrackedYolk »»
Apr 12, 10:50 PM

» Spring 2024 Simulcast List [Update 4/10]

Snow - Apr 5

23 by infanf »»
Apr 12, 2:32 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.