Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Erased
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (19) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Mar 10, 2016 12:41 PM

Jun 2015
oh my god so it was the teacher after all. the second part of the episode had me on edge. I know so many people saw this one coming and I was one of them but I didn't ant to believe it. damn!
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Mar 10, 2016 12:41 PM

Dec 2012
And here I was still thinking the smart blonde kid had evil roots within him- in the end it was just the evil teacher
Now what
Mar 10, 2016 12:42 PM

Jan 2015
xaos12 said:
Xenocrisi said:
MAL saltiness never fails to disappoint me.

and you haven't tasted the true salt yet lol.

And I don't want to taste it. Next week, I think I'll just watch the episode and vote in the poll and bye bye.
I hate the lack of intelligence in MAL.
Mar 10, 2016 12:44 PM

Oct 2014
devinder said:
Drake1000 said:

revival works in any way the writeer wants since episode 1
Mar 10, 2016 12:45 PM

Aug 2015
Well, everyone knnew ut was the teacher but, amazing episode anyways

Mar 10, 2016 12:47 PM

Mar 2014
juicykitten9 said:
Comic_Sans said:
Might as well just call it "Obvious answer is obvious – The Animation"

(And yes I am aware of the fact that you're supposed to wonder "why" instead of "who" but still)

still its better then the usual bullshit shocking plot twist that is shocking for the sake of being shocking
the story does not stick its head in the ass which is rare these days and should be praised
I do think shock factor plot twists are worse

But the lesser of two evils ≠ not evil
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Mar 10, 2016 12:47 PM

Dec 2007
I F**ING KNEW IT!

hfsdjjhsdgfjasgdfs

2 episodes left. the manga ends on March19th i wonder if they'll manage to animate it or if we're going to skip a week or something.
Mar 10, 2016 12:48 PM

Jan 2013
Finally, it happened! Now we know who is the killer. Since episode 5 +/- a had a feeling that only he could be the killer but after everything that happened i still had a hope that it wasn't him.
I'm happy to see the identity behind those eyes being revealed but i'm not so happy after what happened, i hope Satoru won't die :/ I always thought that, if he is trying to protect others by staying all the time with them, he is not protected, because he was always alone, going home alone etc... so i always thought that if he saved them, he could be the new potential victim.
He can't die, this can't end like this! Only 2 episodes left, hope everything ends well.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Mar 10, 2016 12:49 PM

Jan 2015
Dayan said:
I F**ING KNEW IT!

hfsdjjhsdgfjasgdfs

2 episodes left. the manga ends on March19th i wonder if they'll manage to animate it or if we're going to skip a week or something.

Manga already has ended.
Bring the salt... next week. :D
Mar 10, 2016 12:50 PM
Jun 2007
I'm wondering, why did the teacher order the bento's?
how did he know it was going to make Satoru want to follow the car?
did I miss anything that had been said?
SakebiMar 10, 2016 12:59 PM

Nov 2015
Anybody else almost have an aneurysm at the beginning of the episode with that film-roll type effect around the screen whizzing by lol?

This episode did a lot in confirming my suspicion that obviously the teacher is not a nice person. It was so obvious that I was starting to think he might be a red herring.

Dec 2013
Obvious killer was obvious but didn't see that ending coming!

Really curious where the story will go from here.
Mar 10, 2016 12:52 PM

Nov 2014
Gosh I wasn't expecting that! This was so intense!
I like the way they handled the switch between "i'm your perfect teacher" to "run away I'm a pure psychopath.
Just got one question: couldn't he just go under the seat belt ? I thought he would do that

Mar 10, 2016 12:52 PM

Apr 2014
Dayan said:
I F**ING KNEW IT!

hfsdjjhsdgfjasgdfs

The manga ended last week. The last volume will go on sale on March 19 (I think).

(I'm not ready for the salt next week good lord.)
Mar 10, 2016 12:54 PM

Oct 2007
Core111 said:
I found this reveal to be kinda insulting towards the the audience. It really feels effortless and as if the studio branded the viewer as stupid. it would've been easy to make this a believable and satisfying solution.

They could've made the MC realise how obviously shady the candy in the car was - as pretty much every viewer realised - and suspect him, but the teacher outsmarts the MC (for one he knows way sooner that the MC is a thread to him and could always try to get this thread out of the way) by trapping the MC in the car when he searches itfor proof. They wouldn't even have to change much. Just make the MC suspect the teacher form the candy scene on, but due to lack of evidence and how trusting the relationship seems he doesn't want to believe it and disregards it.
Now every time he obviously sees or hears something hinting at the teacher - like the audience did, and like the audience sees he did - he gets more and more suspicious, which can be pretty much only be 5-10 seconds of difference from what they did so far, so not much more work. Now at the hockey game everything's the same except after realising the girl might not be in the bathroom anymore he rushes outside and sees the teachers car parking at the street. Now he gets in to search for something hinting at what might prove his guilt but then the door locks, the teacher gets in and drives off.
tadaaa you didn't make your story really stupid.

Or take another culprit altogether your choice.

A-1 definitely thinks it's viewers are stupid and just sees them in terms of potential money cows to milk or not. It's part of the reason I never expect much from them in the end, though these days I can totally see why they see their audiences this way since they're just so willing.

LadyNightmare said:
To me, the problem of this series is not the mystery being so obvious, but rather how ignorant, naive and downright stupid the character of Satoru is at times. All his actions and revival work as devices for this plot to actually work. If Core111's take on the story was what actually happened then I could have forgive Satoru only making sure that the victims are save since he might have been too busy to both protect the victims and find the killer. In general, the whole story could have been revised and some other characters could have been thrown it to make teacher look less suspicious amongst others.

Erased is a great emotional and intense story but unfortunately it is driven by an ignorant character. I really enjoyed and still love watching it, so me giving this series less than 9/10 (from my biased point of view) would be unfair. However, once you begin to analyse everything, the flaws become very obvious, as it is with every thing that exists. If I was to be completely unbiased, I'd rank this show as a solid 8/10, or maybe 7/10 if I was going to be harsh. However, writing a perfect story is not easy, which is why I think the writer of this story has still done a pretty great job. This story is not crap, nor it is a masterpiece, just a very decent story with great execution.

Yep, if only MAL could figure that out on a whole though, but everything has to be either an utter masterpiece and the hype or complete dogshit. No inbetween's.
Mar 10, 2016 12:55 PM

Nov 2009
I wonder whether the mangaka forgot how seatbelts work when he came up with that scene...
Mar 10, 2016 12:55 PM

Dec 2007
Mustakurmu said:
Dayan said:
I F**ING KNEW IT!

hfsdjjhsdgfjasgdfs

Manga already has ended.
Bring the salt... next week. :D

oh really, i though i'd read it would end on the 19th. thats actually good.no wait.

Also i see lot's of people saying this sucks because they could predict the kidnapper. yeah, so could i. still find it awesome. also the way last weeks episode was made to make us thing he would discover the teacher, and then play it smooth and tried to make us trust him again. in my opinion it was pretty good.

EDIT:peek at your own risk -V
Mar 10, 2016 12:56 PM

Sep 2012
Hey, the seatbelt, aren't you able to stretch it a lot, like pull and pull and pull it out and then there'd be so many space like three Yashiro-teachers would fit in there?! I'm just so mad about Satoru not getting out with his tiny body!
Mar 10, 2016 12:58 PM
Dec 2012
The magic is gone. It was really predictable even in the manga. Even Detective Conan, at its best keeps the culprit of a crime until the end.

I could write an essay why the teacher is not the serial killer. The author shouldn't have given the fans what they want. Kayo's death could easily be explained even without the serial killer (the anime showed that possibility to us) .

It would have been interesting if the MC's power has a drawback, like changing the past also change the future. For example, Kayo's death was unreported in the future, meaning his mother's memories is changed; therefore he technically killed his mother because the "supposed" serial killer never existed.

Another overhyped anime with numerous inconsistencies in its storyline and a MC with a deus x machina power.

Oct 2007
Majuicezumi said:
Dayan said:
I F**ING KNEW IT!

hfsdjjhsdgfjasgdfs

The manga ended last week. The last volume will go on sale on March 19 (I think).

(I'm not ready for the salt next week good lord.)

If people go full meltdown it'll just prove once and for all about what I've been saying about fans these days only living in the heat of the moment, only caring about shipping and hype moments and nothing ever being sacred. My theory remains that most people just know how to react as they feel the community expects them too, not actually think about things, take them as they come and not sweat the small stuff.

Nov 2014
Well, we all knew it. Then we all expected it to be a red herring, so I guess it's somewhat unexpected?

Hi there
Mar 10, 2016 1:00 PM

Feb 2015
Holy shit that second half was really thrilling....
ma reaction "Oh shit...........oh shit...........oh shit! oh shit!!" LOL XD
overall it was a great episode imo. i bet eveyone saw that coming....it's too obvious afterall. the director wasn't good at hiding the culprit XD if it's wasn't too obvious it would take much impac to it tho....but still that is so! thrilling...the fact that he was sitting next to the culprit it self and Satoru didn't know about that is really terrifiying moment to me......cause...you don't know what he will do.....he might stab you all of sudden or maybe drop you while the car is moving.....but that god he didn't do that...

so Satoru obviously won't die. he is the "MC" LOL. i don't really know what happened next or more like can't even imagine what will happen next so i'm looking foward for the next episode.

the culprit was planning all of that just to decive him ?!! holy shit that is scary!
that's why you musn't trust each other so much.

and that seatbelts scene....i don't want to say this because Satoru was in panicked state at that time so....IS HE STUPID OR SOMETHING ? EVEYRONE CAN TAKE THAT OFF EASYLY....THERE ARE TWO WAYS TO TAKE THAT THING OFF!!!! UNDO THE SEATBELTS OR JUST GO OUT FROM THAT SEATBELTS, YOU CAN FUCKING DO THAT EASYLY SINCE YOU HAVE A SMALL BODY !!!! that....yes that....that scene somewhat really pissed me off.
YizelTroMar 10, 2016 1:04 PM

Oct 2007
Xenocrisi said:
xaos12 said:

and you haven't tasted the true salt yet lol.

And I don't want to taste it. Next week, I think I'll just watch the episode and vote in the poll and bye bye.
I hate the lack of intelligence in MAL.

Honestly that sounds like a good idea. If you legitimately want to enjoy something don't mix community interaction with viewing or it'll only drag it down into stupidity. I've mainly only been following this thread as part of a study during a slow season where I'm not really watching anything. Kind of mildly fascinated about this hype phenomenon and seeing if I can find any sort of stable pattern on what drives it or not. It'll be a good chance to see some theories proven or disproven next week.

I'd ask why people keep consistently spelling mystery as "mistery" without so much as blinking but then you know MAL, what can you expect really?

Sep 2012
Sakebi said:
did I miss anything that was said?

good question, I'd like to know that too.. since I can't recall any conversation with the teacher about Yuuki or his family in this timeline
Mar 10, 2016 1:02 PM

Sep 2011
Top kek of an episode. Rushed beyond like hell as expected so they could get to Mr. Obvious killer. Seems they'll be rushing the last 2 episodes.
Mar 10, 2016 1:04 PM
Jan 2014
I was convinced the teacher wasn't the one because it felt like the writer just baited us into believing that, but boy did this shit turn lame...
Mar 10, 2016 1:04 PM
Jul 2012
I can't wait for next week. You all know what I'm talking about ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°). I wonder how many 1/5 will next week's episode get. Also, this episode was rushed as hell. No Gaku backstory. No wonder people find him bland. It was much more interesting in the manga.
SamhiuyMar 10, 2016 1:08 PM
Mar 10, 2016 1:10 PM

Apr 2014
Sakebi said:
did I miss anything that had been said?

I have this weird theory in which Gaku began to suspect about someone stopping/predicting his plans. Maybe he suspected about Satoru at some point, but it's just my theory.

He ordered the bento to distract the girls I guess. Gaku probably didn't want the girls to notice that Misato was at the match too, nor he wanted them to see him giving the laxative drink to Misato.

Seems like A1P rushed a tiny bit of the manga. I hope they don't skip the next arc tho. I'd be really disappointed if they did.
Feb 2016
I called this crap... Not enough characters added 'cause it seemed too obvious who was the killer

May 2014
Turtletim said:
So now that the mystery was revealed, I can't help but ask myself why is the fan base for this is going nuts for it. All this series has done is pander to what modern audiences think is good, ie emotional manipulation. Nothing about this anime stands out. The plot has been done before, and the presentation is bland and unoriginal. Its the same crap the A-1 has become a master at making. Nothing about this episode stood out and everyone saw the teacher being the killer coming. What does stand out is how bad the writing is, like why does this writer seem to not know how to characterize, but instead how to romanticize and make the world a black or white one? I am glad however that the hype seems to be burning away with the release of this episode. But that won't mean anything now will it. When this series ends, there will be a wave of disappointment in the audience at the fact that the series isn't as good as they thought is would be. But that’s what hype does, create false expectations. And then, when all is said and done, all that disappointment will be forgotten, and everybody will board the next hype train; and the cycle continues.

This is a good comment. I agree.
Mar 10, 2016 1:12 PM

Apr 2014
Samhiuy said:
I can't wait for next week. You all know what I'm talking about ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°). I wonder how many 1/5 will next week's episode get. Also, this episode was rushed as hell. No Gaku backstory. No wonder people find him bland. It was much more interesting in the manga.

There are also nearly 12 chapters left and 2 episodes. They'll probably rush them (A LOT). Or they could just make longer episodes (á la Fate).
Mar 10, 2016 1:18 PM

Aug 2014
Sudah kuduga!
If the seat belt cannot be removed, just wiggling to the top or bottom of the belt. But why? Omg!
boledcoolMar 10, 2016 1:21 PM
Mar 10, 2016 1:20 PM

Apr 2009
and the most obvious killer award goes to...

Srsly. That's the worst character they could pick. And this anime is top 10....

From 7 to 4 in one episode. I was dissapointed only i Akame ga kill this much.
Mar 10, 2016 1:20 PM
Oct 2011
gabrielrroiz said:

the mistery from the characters point of view is pointless because satoru is not doing anything to find out who the killer is but is instead following any random girl that walks alone on the chance she might end up killed

Because adults would believe a little kid playing detective? It is a case that was unsolved and the only thing he knew were victims so i don't see why it is useless. I think at that point he would be relieved if the murderer would just get out of town and leave his friends/family alone. He wasn't there to find the murderer and save everyone.
Mar 10, 2016 1:26 PM

Jan 2016
I thought it was a bit funny how the teacher thought that it was a coincidence but then confirmed it when Satouru went to the hockey game. Then while they were in the car he seemed pissed since the kid took away 3 of his targets. A kid did that to him! XD I think I'll go read the manga but I'd rather wait until all the shows come out. Aside from that, the episode was great and the evil smile was fabulous. I'm just curious about the sudden eye color change...
Mar 10, 2016 1:27 PM

Nov 2008
GODDAMMIT MR. JEFFERSON!!!!

DenjaXMar 10, 2016 1:35 PM

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .anime . manga . updates . ♫♪ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Mar 10, 2016 1:28 PM
Oct 2011
jTiKey said:

Yes Srsly. U J mad it betta than you BL shows u luv.
Mar 10, 2016 1:29 PM

May 2012
The autism continues as the one dimensional villian is revealed! And its the creepy teacher! I had no fucking clue! What a masterpiece! 11/10 for sure! I loved the part where the teacher had everything planned out and its info dumped to us! What a shocking conclusion to satorus life! I cried so much! Much good. Such masterpiece. Wow....

But seriously.. Satoru is small... How the fuck could he not just wiggle out of the seat... I thought the first 4 episodes were good, but literally everything after that has been mediocre as it gets...
Mar 10, 2016 1:31 PM
Jul 2018
The candy gave it away really.
Gloves in this episode made it more obvious.
But yeah, knew it was the hot teacher.

Ah well, still looking forward to the next episode.
Mar 10, 2016 1:35 PM

Apr 2009
Pen3 said:
jTiKey said:

Yes Srsly. U J mad it betta than you BL shows u luv.

you seem to know a lot of them, since I have only few in my 140 list LOL
Mar 10, 2016 1:38 PM

Jul 2012
So the teacher finally showed his true colors eh? About time. And of course we're left with a horrible cliffhanger, so cruel. D:
Mar 10, 2016 1:40 PM

Dec 2012
Satoru and the others trying to talk to Aya and getting all flustered.
Yashiro is the killer and set up a trap for Satoru.
Satoru trapped in the car. How is he gonna get out of this one?
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Mar 10, 2016 1:41 PM

Apr 2015
So am I the only one who wanted it to be the teacher regardless of how obvious it might've been?
Mar 10, 2016 1:42 PM

Jan 2014
lol it was so obvious that it was the teacher.
Mar 10, 2016 1:42 PM

Jan 2016
Ah, but have you ever asked yourself the important question of what could the killer's motivations be? Obviously you've never appreciated top literature and mysteries like the anime, Boku dake ga Inai Machi. It's the most important and interesting question that will be answered in the form of a throwaway infodump with spook spook music as quickly as possible in episode 11 of 12.

Maybe it's called Erased because Sotaru immediately erased the possibility that someone from the suspect list could be a suspect.

I will find out the identity of my mother's killer, by not bothering to ensnare him or find out who he is and befriending sad-looking lolis.
FragOutFireMar 10, 2016 1:54 PM
Mar 10, 2016 1:43 PM
#1 Hitagi Lover

Apr 2014
Welp, this is it sadly. Now it all goes downhill from here.
Mar 10, 2016 1:44 PM

Jul 2013
It was too obvious it was the teacher that I didn't felt any surprise at the revelation. The episode still is the best for me.

The teacher is a magnificent asshole. He may be evil, but the scene when he tells his plan to lure Satoru to the river was very well done. Best character.
Mar 10, 2016 1:46 PM
Jun 2007
SmashTheOni said:
So am I the only one who wanted it to be the teacher regardless of how obvious it might've been?

No, I was waiting for it as well.
I do think it'll be funny if in the next episode we find out he didn't work alone, and that yuuki was also involved ;)

Jul 2015
Reading the stuff people post on these forums is pure entertainment

Nov 2014
Illyricus said:
It was too obvious it was the teacher that I didn't felt any surprise at the revelation. The episode still is the best for me.

The teacher is a magnificent asshole. He may be evil, but the scene when he tells his plan to lure Satoru to the river was very well done. Best character.

True. That was really smooth.

Does anyone know what chapter is this in the manga?
Pages (19) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 4, 2016

769 by Jocku »»
Apr 17, 10:27 AM

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2016

1398 by Layreur84 »»
Apr 15, 3:50 AM

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 3, 2016

498 by bakakisima »»
Apr 11, 1:04 PM

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 25, 2016

581 by bakakisima »»
Apr 11, 12:06 PM

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 18, 2016

616 by bakakisima »»
Apr 10, 1:35 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.