Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Erased
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (19) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Mar 10, 2016 8:17 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Had an eerie feeling about this episode.

Although Kayo is under protection now, Satoru still needs to prevent certain tragedies. First half felt calm but I don't trust the teacher much. Satoru actually manages to find one of the girls that she met to keep an eye on (his target I guess?).

I still like how the show is using its suspenseful music to construct certain events. Oh yes, shit ...got...real. The real kidnapper :o. A bit predictable though.

Can't believe he tries to kill Satoru as well...what a creep.
Stark700Mar 10, 2016 8:21 AM
Mar 10, 2016 8:23 AM

Nov 2007
The teacher's speech about filling out the empty space in original memory was interesting. All friends are somehow involved with main guy's mission, and got rest of the girls protected. Feminine friend mentioned the girl bullied the main girl before is alone now, and he's following her. The teacher is helping him? That evil smile...

He revealed that he is the one (and that speech in the beginning being related making me scary) and how he was frustrated that the main guy blocked his plan. I actually kind of sensed the evilness of him some eps. ago but wasn't sure if my sense was correct. Oh, no... And those ripped film of memories...

Not sure what happens in this series in two eps. left...
tsubasaloverMar 10, 2016 10:13 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Mar 10, 2016 8:28 AM

Nov 2013
Now we finally know the real culprit
...which is as expected, like, episodes ago.

Now that this show only has 2 episodes left, I don't really think the last episode will be a 30-minute show, you know?
Mar 10, 2016 8:43 AM

Jul 2008
Well, I haven't seen the ep yet, but I'm not really surprised that it was the teacher. My feeling was he is either a gold mine of a scapegoat or the culprit. Neither would have surprised me.
Mar 10, 2016 8:45 AM
Jul 2018
GreenTea13 said:
Well, I haven't seen the ep yet, but I'm not really surprised that it was the teacher. My feeling was he is either a gold mine of a scapegoat or the culprit. Neither would have surprised me.

Well it was expected like episodes ago, given the bland execution of the mystery. At least the kenya theories will stop now. XD
Mar 10, 2016 8:47 AM

Jul 2008
xaos12 said:

Well it was expected like episodes ago, given the bland execution of the mystery. At least the kenya theories will stop now. XD

lol, I know. The first time Satoru talked with him I got the 'bad vibe' and was like "Yeah, the culprit is probably the teacher."
Mar 10, 2016 8:51 AM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Btw, none of my spoiler tags have any spoilers for anything after where this episode ends. A little rushed this time, will be more rushed later on, but decent episode. Yeah, it's predictable who the kidnapper is, but I liked the execution in the reveal. Also, Yashiro-sensei walking away from the car was far more badass in the manga imo.

Also, the whole scene in the car felt better in the manga because of those speech bubbles. I was hoping that they'll have a bunch of voices going around but they didn't

Also, they skipped a whole lot this time

31 chapters/5 volumes done, 13 chapters/3 volumes left in 2 episodes. This episode did 4 chapters, even after skipping so much!

4/5
GoldenDevilGamerMar 11, 2016 4:35 AM
Mar 10, 2016 8:59 AM

Jan 2015
The random "Hated it" tho.
Mar 10, 2016 9:02 AM
Mar 2013
I wish they made it into 13 episodes. I don't get why people are disappointed its the sensei, I enjoyed it because even though everyone suspected who it was, it was fun watching how he was manipulative with his interactions. Where is everyone watching episode 10 though, I can't find it. (I love the sensei though, curse my love for the villians.)
Mar 10, 2016 9:04 AM
Jul 2018
Xenocrisi said:
The random "Hated it" tho.

Disappointed with the killer maybe? I saw many people in previous threads mentioning they will be disappointed if teacher is the killer, lol.
Mar 10, 2016 9:09 AM

Apr 2013
people still not realizing that the point of the show is not to make you wonder "who did it" but instead "why did he do it"

there's no way the last 2 episodes aren't extremely rushed..
Mar 10, 2016 9:17 AM

Jan 2015
I'm more focused about Kenya and his "no more cool" act against that "Shakespeare" girl, Aya.
It seems like Misato has become another Hinazuki-type girl now.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Mar 10, 2016 9:24 AM

Jun 2015
Not a bad episode. Liked its execution. First half with his friends and a little development between kazu and Aya; and the second half with the teacher both were good.

So the culprit was his teacher after all huh. I had some doubts since it seemed too obvious but they pretty much gave him away in the last episode with the candy thing. That was an obvious lie; so not much surprised there.
He is not half bad tho. Taking Satoru on a ride and admitting it himself with those evil grins. How Satoru ruined his plans and he is disappointed but respects him.

But him being the killer is a disappointment cause Satoru had seen the killer's face right before coming to this timeline. So if it really was the teacher then why was Satoru not cautious of him all this while? His name was even listed in the suspects list.

That is some cliffhanger in the end; whether someone will save him or will he go back to the present? To the next episode we go . . .
HijaziMar 10, 2016 9:27 PM
Mar 10, 2016 9:43 AM
Jul 2018
I don't think majority of people who have voted have seen the ep yet. :P
Mar 10, 2016 9:53 AM

Mar 2015
that was rushed... omg...
Mar 10, 2016 9:56 AM
Oct 2015
Well, the episode was, as far as anime episodes are concerned, good. It didn't quite live up to standards that top anime go by though. The beginning section with Aya did feel kind of rushed but I can live with it. So now, as tradition goes, we have to be on the edge of our seats, on every seat we sit at, for a whole week.

Dec 2009
Intense fucking episode. I totally called the teacher had to be the killer due to the weird things he told Satoru in previous episodes, and all my suspicions were right (Even though at first it seemed like a red herring).

I didn't expect to see the other side of Yashiro though and have him just tell Satoru everything, but it made for one of the best scenes. I wonder if Yashiro went back because of "I Know your future!?"

I mean yeah Satoru got death flags but I doubt he died at the end. It showing all the people Satoru saved at the end really hit me in the feels though, and its strange that Yashiro has an apparent "Honor?" code that makes it so he won't target this town anymore.

5/5 for this Episode
Aiko_HiroshiMar 10, 2016 10:02 AM

Jan 2015
Hmm so we go back to episode 1 where they rushed the content and took away from the characters...expected but disappointing.

Funny how A-1 took their time with Kayo's arc yet rushed everything else, it's like they new what was the best written part of the series.

Anyway I like the beginning of the foreshadowing with the light turning from yellow to red thought that was nice, and I really enjoyed the tension with Yashiro, was well done. I think A-1 should've cut the OP and ED from the episode to add time for the Yashiro's backstory since it was very engaging and added a lot to his character, especially since this show is not about the mystery but about characters and their struggles.
Big Order (TV):great anime or greatest anime?
Mar 10, 2016 9:58 AM

Jan 2016
Knew it was him...
Mar 10, 2016 9:59 AM
Feb 2015
bobzanny said:
Hmm so we go back to episode 1 where they rushed the content and took away from the characters...expected but disappointing.

Funny how A-1 took their time with Kayo's arc yet rushed everything else, it's like they new what was the best written part of the series.

Anyway I like the beginning of the foreshadowing with the light turning from yellow to red thought that was nice, and I really enjoyed the tension with Yashiro, was well done. I think A-1 should've cut the OP and ED from the episode to add time for the Yashiro's backstory since it was very engaging and added a lot to his character, especially since this show is not about the mystery but about characters and their struggles.

Yeah,they rushed a lot of chapters into the last 2 episodes imo,but they didn't skip really important parts and it's good :v
Mar 10, 2016 10:00 AM

Jan 2014
"I won't die until I see you destroy you!"

Called it. Hopefully what Satoru said about knowing the future intrigues the teacher's interest enough to save him.

Kenya getting flustered about being called childish was amusing. As well as Satoru taking offense to the insult aimed toward superheroes.
JotakakMar 16, 2016 1:21 AM

Jul 2014
Sourire said:
people still not realizing that the point of the show is not to make you wonder "who did it" but instead "why did he do it"

Focusing on the "why" is not an excuse for writing such a poorly executed mystery in general, imo. A good mystery should excel at both aspects, the "who" and the "why" (and the "how", and the red herrings and clues and foreshadowing and stuff like that). Erased doesn't get a pardon just because it's supposed to be a godly anime as deemed by the masses. It was just far too blatant with the "who" and that shouldn't be something to just ignore and say "Oh, who cares about that", given that this anime is labeled a mystery.
LightBladeNovaMar 10, 2016 2:59 PM
"Beyond the veil of cherry blossom petals blown by the wind - almost like their promised reunion -

Feelings pile up with the passage of time: once the torrent of emotions comes rushing down, what is the spectacle that awaits?"

Mar 2015
bobzanny said:

Anyway I like the beginning of the foreshadowing with the light turning from yellow to red thought that was nice, and I really enjoyed the Yashiro thought the tension was well done. I think A-1 should've cut the OP and ED from the episode to add time for the Yashiro's backstory since it was very engaging and added a lot to his character, especially since this show is not about the mystery but about characters and their struggles.

Why are you saying "I think A1..." "A1....", the one that was responsible for this was the director, and maybe the series composition.
Mar 10, 2016 10:02 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
I wanted to fist bump Kazu so badly after that part in the beginning lol, such a MAN xD

I think nobody would be surprised by the reveal of who the killer is, but now it looks like he is also the killer in the past too so there goes the second half of my theory xD

It was a bit predictable in the end but for the most part the series did an okay job with having us all guessing regardless

I had a feeling that maybe Satoru was going to die or somehow be erased from the timeline as a result of his actions but seeing this to down hurts....

I really hope that the killer gets what's coming to his ass though....Also the pacing really did speed up a lot but it didn't bother me although I feel like the beginning part suffered the most from this probably
TokoyaMar 10, 2016 10:15 AM
Mar 10, 2016 10:02 AM
Feb 2014
I knew it! I love when I'm right! Loved this episode
Mar 10, 2016 10:03 AM
Dec 2012
YOOOOOO WHAT THE F*CK??!!?

Ok, I'm not gonna wait a week to see what happens next. Anyone know where a good point to start in the manga is?
Mar 10, 2016 10:05 AM

Sep 2015
AAAH It was too obvious ... but it was him ...
Wtf no cliffhanger !?
Jul 2018
LightBladeNova said:
Sourire said:

And people still not realizing that focusing on the "why" is not an excuse for writing such a poorly executed mystery in general. A good mystery should excel at both aspects, the "who" and the "why" (and the "how", and the red herrings and clues and foreshadowing and stuff like that). Erased doesn't get a pardon just because everyone loves it. It was just far too blatant with the "who" and that shouldn't be something to just ignore and say "Oh, who cares about that", given that this anime is labeled a mystery.

Nah even if they are disappointed, it's all abt the image-conscious community. Just look at the "loved it" votes, I wonder if half of them have seen it yet lol.
Jul 2018
intense episode.
before ya'll be like "hey that wasn't mystery at all, we all knew it was the sensei LOL"
i read somewhere that the show's point of view is not to make the viewer think a lot who the killer is and instead focuses on why and how.

so finally they reveal that sensei is the killer which was dead obvious from the start and i just didn't want to believe it because hey that's too obvious. but hey, there's 2 more episodes. personally really loved the episode, first half was like the "calm before the storm" thingy, i knew it something was going to happen when kenya said "even though we're gonna see him tomorrow" I FUCKING KNEW IT SMTH WAS GONNA HAPPEN!

damn sensei. i hated you so much from the start anyways.
i'm not sure but is satoru dead now or?
if yes, i'm not sure what's gonna happen in the next 2 eps, unless there's another revival..
oh wait, if he dies in the past, shouldn't the present self be poof too? o_o
Nexxkinn said:
Now we finally know the real culpritNow that this show only has 2 episodes left, I don't really think the last episode will be a 30-minute show, you know?

are you implying the duration of last 2 eps will be more or less? o,o
if you are implying more and IF IN CASE it really is more and there's a good ending, trust me this anime will be a masterpiece and we'll all be the ones seeing it become a masterpiece (which is actually quite an achievement for myself ;c)

omfg, i can't wait for next episode. i can't wait what they're gonna do from this point now. BDGIM IS LYFE.
xSkipi said:
AAAH It was too obvious ... but it was him ...
Wtf no cliffhanger !?

well in a way, it is a cliffhanger. ;c
removed-userMar 10, 2016 10:16 AM
Mar 10, 2016 10:06 AM

Jan 2012
Well the big, blatantly obvious reveal at last. Interesting that they cut Kayo's return from the manga and just gave us a shot of her with her grandma, but also understandable. It was pretty cuttable and they're gonna hafta cut more to fit this in 2 more episodes anyway, but it's a shame. I so loved that scene when Satoru first sees her and is nearly run over, plus the party at his mom's, oh well. Poor Sachiko btw, no idea of her boy's plight. :( So the teacher was the killer afterall, the sick bastard. In my mind there was never any doubt, but Satoru never saw it, and payed big. Just how much remains to be seen....
Mar 10, 2016 10:08 AM

Jul 2013
I was hoping the teacher wouldn't be the actual killer. The hints were almost too obvious that I thought he was going to be bait for the viewers, but I guess not.

One hell of a cliffhanger but I feel like Satoru was able to bait the teacher with that last line before drowning. I'm pretty sure Satoru's alive.
Mar 10, 2016 10:08 AM
Jul 2018
It was an intense episode.

The teacher was the killer after all.

I hope Satoru will be alright!
Mar 10, 2016 10:09 AM

Aug 2013
It was obvious, but still I was not sure if they tried to to make him looks like killer or he is really a killer.
Anyway, it's not something which will affect on my rating in negative way. Direction is awesome.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Mar 10, 2016 10:10 AM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
I just hope Yashiro wouldn't save Satoru just because the latter said about the future and then the former meets his own demise for some reason after that because Satoru takes advantage of being saved.

So Sensei is just a plain psychopath?

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Mar 10, 2016 10:12 AM

Oct 2012
Rushed but not bad.
Sensei was so suspicious since the start.
Mar 10, 2016 10:14 AM
Jun 2014
I'm pretty sure most people expected it would be the teacher ages ago, so it's for the best that they didn't turn the culprit's reveal into a big deal as it would always fall flat.

What everyone should be focusing on now is how and why he committed all these crimes over the years, that seems to be what the series is pushing rather than the typical whodunit structure.
Mar 10, 2016 10:15 AM
Jul 2018
AzureSymphony said:
I'm pretty sure most people expected it would be the teacher ages ago, so it's for the best that they didn't turn the culprit's reveal into a big deal as it would always fall flat.

What everyone should be focusing on now is how and why he committed all these crimes over the years, that seems to be what the series is pushing rather than the typical whodunit structure.

exactly. hope people get the point.
i really do want to know right now "why." he seemed like a nice guy, i mean obviously he had to wear a mask but still, it's interesting to find out why he'd do that.
Mar 10, 2016 10:16 AM

Sep 2015
Such an intense episode, oh my gosh!!
I suspected on the teacher since episode 2, I was right haha
5/5 episode, no doubt... I wonder how Satoru is going to be okay after that ending...

Ps: Some 1/5 rates are already popping up, all the butthurt lol

AzureSymphony said:

I agree 100% with this.
Gabby_ChanMar 10, 2016 10:20 AM
Mar 10, 2016 10:17 AM

Nov 2014
I didn't really like how cartoonishly overly evil Sensei looked when he confessed to being the killer. Aside from that, it was a predictable but great episode. The suspense was built up well.
aikaflipMar 11, 2016 6:26 AM
Mar 10, 2016 10:17 AM

Jul 2012
that was intense, but the teacher thing was pretty predictable. kenya and satoru losing their composure was pretty funny

Mar 10, 2016 10:20 AM

Aug 2010
Good thing I haven't read the manga. Ep felt fine for me. For Manga readers what did they skip?

Anyway quite the cliffy. Wonder how he'll survive that or will he rewind again?

Loved the moment when they showed all his friends happy and all the to have been killed victims Hiromi, Aya and Kayo laughing while Satoru was getting f'd over.
Mar 10, 2016 10:22 AM

Jan 2015
smoteh said:
bobzanny said:

Yeah,they rushed a lot of chapters into the last 2 episodes imo,but they didn't skip really important parts and it's good :v

For the most part yea, but I think Yashiro's backstory would've added more depth not only to his character but to the show.
lezerman said:
bobzanny said:

Anyway I like the beginning of the foreshadowing with the light turning from yellow to red thought that was nice, and I really enjoyed the Yashiro thought the tension was well done. I think A-1 should've cut the OP and ED from the episode to add time for the Yashiro's backstory since it was very engaging and added a lot to his character, especially since this show is not about the mystery but about characters and their struggles.

Why are you saying "I think A1..." "A1....", the one that was responsible for this was the director, and maybe the series composition.

Lol okay, Itou Tomohiko knew the best part of the story.
Mar 10, 2016 10:22 AM

Jul 2014
ryukan said:
AzureSymphony said:

exactly. hope people get the point.
i really do want to know right now "why." he seemed like a nice guy, i mean obviously he had to wear a mask but still, it's interesting to find out why he'd do that.

Like I said earlier in this discussion, I don't appreciate you suggesting that the people who are disappointed with the reveal to be "not getting the point". Of course the why/how are important, but that doesn't just excuse Erased from being such an easy mystery. A good one should excel at all aspects (who, why, how, red herrings, clues, foreshadowing, etc) without heavily compromising on any of them. Erased doesn't get a pardon just because it's deemed a masterpiece by the populace, and especially since it's labeled a mystery.
"Beyond the veil of cherry blossom petals blown by the wind - almost like their promised reunion -

Feelings pile up with the passage of time: once the torrent of emotions comes rushing down, what is the spectacle that awaits?"
Mar 10, 2016 10:23 AM

Aug 2015
So the teacher wasn't a red herring after all, hmmm..

I really liked how they built up the atmosphere throughout most of the episode - even if everything was pointing to the teach, it was still suspenseful and intriguing, the music helped a lot there, too! I wonder what the last two episodes are gonna be like...

maybe satoru's gonna go back even further? or he'll just get out of the car :P
"No need for love! Just give me sugar!!" - a lazy ossan

+ 4 more~!
Mar 10, 2016 10:23 AM

Jun 2015
That was pretty good a bit rushed though.
:)
Mar 10, 2016 10:24 AM

Sep 2014
Intense stuff. Even if it was obvious it was the teacher I still think they handled it very well.
Mar 10, 2016 10:26 AM

Mar 2014
Might as well just call it "Obvious answer is obvious – The Animation"

(And yes I am aware of the fact that you're supposed to wonder "why" instead of "who" but still)
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Mar 10, 2016 10:27 AM
Aug 2010
Barion-Zara said:
For Manga readers what did they skip?

Apr 2014
Satoru was so fucking stupid it's unbelievable, he's been giving the prime suspect all the informations he needed.
RIP Satoru, Kenya can take over from here.
They skipped some scenes but did the important ones justice, hopefully they can keep it this way for the last 2 episodes

Jan 2015
Barion-Zara said:
Good thing I haven't read the manga. Ep felt fine for me. For Manga readers what did they skip?

Anyway quite the cliffy. Wonder how he'll survive that or will he rewind again?

Loved the moment when they showed all his friends happy and all the to have been killed victims Hiromi, Aya and Kayo laughing while Satoru was getting f'd over.

They just rushed some interactions with Satoru and the girl who was bait, as for Yashiro's backstory, that happens in the next chapter but I think the content would've been more appreciated during this episode rather than having it next week if at all.
Pages (19) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2016

1399 by Lucas1019 »»
Yesterday, 11:07 AM

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 4, 2016

769 by Jocku »»
Apr 17, 10:27 AM

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 3, 2016

498 by bakakisima »»
Apr 11, 1:04 PM

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 25, 2016

581 by bakakisima »»
Apr 11, 12:06 PM

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 18, 2016

616 by bakakisima »»
Apr 10, 1:35 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.