Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 »
Jul 26, 2015 5:55 PM

Jul 2008
the irony tho Mikiya himself ended up being Shiki's reason for becoming a murderer
After I Crush Your Dreams......
Your Bones Will Follow......
Jul 28, 2015 4:06 PM

Jan 2015
KamiCity said:
HapHazrD said:

Mikiya also returns to his stupid roots of self-righteousness. Someone so weak doesn't get to say what is right or wrong.

Really? What makes you special then? You're just a faceless corpse in a sea of people, if someone so weak doesn't get to decide what's right or wrong, what makes you think you do?

Why do you assume i'm taking myself as a standard... I'm not talking about my sense of values here. I'm talking about Mikiya pushing his values onto Shiki.
Every person has its own sense of what's right or wrong, and only the strong (be it an individual or an entity like a society) can enforce its own sense of values onto others. That's how mankind's history has unfolded. In this case, Shiki is stronger, she shouldn't have to listen to Mikiya's stupid pleas.
Oct 20, 2015 7:48 PM

Jul 2011
Really great series! Some dull moments (episode 6 was a major letdown, but wasn't terrible) but all in all very compelling. The animation, soundtrack and direction was incredible and I am not sure I have seen a series that has done all three of these aspects so well. Being an enormous fan of the Fate series I had to dig into this series and it was very interesting to see the crossovers in each world. In fact I wished this series explored that world just a bit more as I find the world fascinating. that is what drew me to movie 5 so much was, fist of all the incredible story telling (jumbling the story made it so compelling), but second of all I loved the whole world exploration in this film. Now this last film was incredible, but I would put it just a notch below movie 5 because movie 5 was just so incredible and was a bit more exciting. But what a way to go out, Shiki got her happy ending and I teared up just a bit just because all she has had to go through. It just sort of hit me you know? but great series 9/10 overall and definitely worth a rewatch.
Nov 8, 2015 5:55 AM

Feb 2015
yay another 2hr film!

great! absolutely wonderful movie. the first ten i rate of the series. and i loved that hand holding doll scene of kokutou and shiki before the movie officially started. that was very sweet.

everything was interesting and fresh, and lio/rio/whatever scared the crap outta me in his debut scene. that guy is bats! he stayed in shiki's outfit (or more precisely, cosplay) the whole time and didn't care (or was it that he didn't notice? or both o_o).
easily the most insane villian i have come across.

i really, REALLY liked the part when rio/lio fought shiki for the first time. it was amazing how the choreographer had to deal with two people in the same feminine outfit, but how they moved and their fighting style inside of the clothing were worlds apart. you could clearly see the masculine side of lio/rio while shiki had the opposite. that AND the fight was freaking awesome, in moves and animation. also the VC of rio/lio was PERFECTION. he must have actually had lio/rio's soul playing this role because he was perfect playing him. i cannot give him enough praise. not only was his talent obvious but the choice of his voice was almost uncanny. give soichiro and the voice director an award.

there are some things i have to understand, though. so when touko was saying "I'm going to clean up" that meant she was leaving soon? because she's still there after the movie because shiki was talking about her in recent terms.

and soren just awakened lio/rio and left? where was he? is he dead? did he use up all his strength to awaken lio/rio?

the torture scene was absolutely disgusting. i very much wanted to retch in shiki's place. but what i don't understand is why shiki gave up like that in there. kokutou said not to KILL him - he didn't say don't HARM him. why didn't she reach through his stomach and force him to vomit and pass out, like she did in movie 5? she could have done SOMETHING. but her having no reaction during that part kinda scared me.

and kokutou can be such a dunce. a kind dunce but dunce nonetheless. because of this he reminds me of sakurakouji from code breaker and her ideals are almost the same with his about killing people. i hated when he was talking to lio/rio and still used sempai, even after getting hurt. GET ANGRY ALREADY OR SOMETHING. he's too kind for his own good...D:

*and now for a useless talk*
ohh, so THAT'S the scene the video was using. there was this vid some guy was talking about on there about i happened to come upon a few years back. it was called "best anime kiss ever" or something like that and it took the poison scene out of context. a guy explained it was out of context but still strongly recommended it, but i never bothered it (until now of course).

*useless note over*

i really thought kokutou was gone as well. i never realized how much i came to like that idiot until he was slashed up.

lol, lio/rio got REKED by shiki. i bet he didn't expect to die THAT fast. ah well he got what he wanted anyway, although i expected some last words from him at least. thanking her and whatnot.
this is just me but i believe crazy lio/rio wanted to be killed but there was a little bit of sanity left in him as well. i believe he wanted to be killed so he could stop being a monster. there's no proof of this, so that's why it's just a silly theory on my part :P

although i hate romances this was completely believable, and i have nothing to complain about it. i believe the point of the series in this respect was on how much less kokutou needed shiki compared to her need of him. kokuto could love any woman instead of her, but shiki would definitely be lost without him.

while she was a strong japanese woman, she needed a man :P
okbadjokeimsorry

and the little tsuning of shiki at the end was cute ;D.

the direction of the movie was perfectly paced. this was the best directing of them all. since this is the last one you'd expect this to be rushed but it was just right.

again, the OST and animation was top notch, but i still think 5 had the best animation.

i watched this in chronological order first rather than aired since i hate spoilers, and i knew it would ruin it for me if i already knew what would happen if i tried for chronological after i did the airing way. i'm pretty satisfied on the road i chose.

i never watched an anime movie series before, and i'm glad i chose this one. watching all of them in a week's time and looking at the last one last night got me to thinking how much i really appreciated this franchise, and by looking at the after-credit final scene i have to say i was a little sad to go through it so fast. but i have other anime to look at and this had to be done. besides i was putting it off for years.

i'd like to thank the staff composed of everyone involved in the movies. i don't know who's idea it was to make into a movie franchise than a show, but that was a genius idea. it really worked and couldn't have been done better. maaya was perfect as shiki, nailing her every time in every movie. i thought a girl fighting in a kimono and a short knife would be corny and lame, (or more precisely, i wasn't sure how it was going to be played out) but maaya, the action, and the plot proved me wrong every time. this is why i don't care about genders when it comes to heroes in anime. both of them are done so many times and so equally i find no use of pointing it out.

anyway i'm done here. once again mad props to the staff of excellence. even though 1 had a really slow start, you more than made up for it. thank you.
TomDayNov 8, 2015 6:20 AM
Nov 8, 2015 8:01 AM

Sep 2011
@TomDay:

I've been reading your comments for each film and I'm glad with how much you enjoyed this one! It's definitely my most favorite, and it caps off the series in such a cathartic way.

ronriNov 8, 2015 8:08 AM
Nov 11, 2015 2:51 PM

Feb 2015
ronri said:

I've been reading your comments for each film and I'm glad with how much you enjoyed this one! It's definitely my most favorite, and it caps off the series in such a cathartic way.

oh really? well yes it's true i really am grateful i found this series!

Couldn't agree more. Interestingly, the original creator of Kara no Kyoukai was actually skeptical of Soichiro Hoshi, but when he heard his performance in the studio he couldn't help but cry on how he fit Lio's character so perfectly.

i can understand that absolutely. i haven't heard a VC more perfect for a character. his performance was wonderful.

Souren is already dead. Lio was originally one of the kids that he meant to send after Shiki, but since Lio nearly drove Shiki to commit suicide in Movie 2, Souren held him back from doing anything. Of course since Shiki killed him in Movie 5, this allowed Lio to do whatever he wanted afterwards.

ahh, so that makes sense. i also read on the wikia since it was driving me crazy and i also read that he found about male shiki. because i was about to wonder how on earth could he have known about her other side TO plan those murders?

It's funny because Kokutou didn't really sympathize with Lio by the end of the film, the whole "no killing" thing was more for Shiki's mental state than anything else. He's a lovable dork that way.

i don't think anyone could have gave him anymore pity cake at the end. kokutou could understand that lio was lost by that point.

which is really interesting about him, by the way. even for his losing his mind, even for him going to such lengths (i read that he even went as far to change how is face looked), he still couldn't run away from his guilt. this is proven when kokutou approaches him in the hall and he immediately tells him to shut up. it was still fresh in his mind. no matter what, he still couldn't escape what he wanted for 4-3yrs.

Lio didn't really want to die and he never actually wanted to be the monster he became. He wasn't so much trying to get killed because of this though, that's more to taunt Shiki into becoming insane like him getting her to kill someone (I don't think he actually expected her to outright kill him so mercilessly either). Still, he definitely didn't want to become the monster that he turned out to be, and there's a lot of proof that supports this idea throughout the movie.

he didn't? i could have sworn that was what he wanted. maybe he wanted to be killing partners with her then?

speaking of...i think he was living in the most delusional fantasy i've ever seen. he really admire kokutou right? and was in love with shiki right? so when he gave the poison to kokutou and almost begged him to take the drug (which wouldn't have worked, but still), was he planning on living happily murder after with the two of them?

In some respects, there's truth to this. Though I'd argue that Mikiya still wouldn't have easily chosen anyone besides Shiki, it's Shiki that truly needed someone like Mikiya.

i wasn't really referring to his taste really, i was just saying how kind kokutou is, he could have treated any women like that. if shiki wanted to act the way she is around other people she'd come off as weird. kokuto really was the person for her. he understood people naturally and therefore couldn't see what would put normal people off about her.

i was really kinda ticked off that they didn't kiss. not because i wanted it, really, but it was just OBVIOUS and they messed it up.

It was actually the studio behind this that really insisted on it being a movie series. According to the original author Nasu, he was approached a dozen of times by other studios to adapt it into a TV series, but he kept declining their offer. It was only after Ufotable proposed to support and produce a full film series that he finally agreed, and I think it was for the best since it dedicated a lot of time and effort into each "episode" than a normal TV series could possibly offer.[/spoiler]

oh really? cool. good thing he accepted, he and ufotable made some great children when they combined :P

this is actually one of the few franchises i want to scrape clean of delicious behind the scenes stories. they seem interesting.
----
HapHazrD said:
As people stated above, the drooling scene was really disgusting and downright disturbing. Didn't like it.
Same for the gay kiss... Why do I keeo seeing this in anime dammit ! There are other more efficient ways to forcibly make someone swallow something, rather than kissing them, fuck their moe culture this is just cringe-worthy.

there really was no other choice once you think about it. so he was supposed to say "Open your mouth and swallow"? control his jaw? by forcing it directly into his mouth, even if kokutou tried not to swallow, he eventually would have to as a reflex.

and i don't think it was gay at all. yaoi repulses me just as much as it does to you, but i found him as a person that looked up to kokutou, even for his being older than him. he loved him as a friend and was even fighting himself to go either to his side or shiki's side for a very long time, as i've read.
Nov 11, 2015 11:40 PM

Sep 2011
@TomDay: I'm just putting my reply under spoiler tags to avoid cluttering the page:
ronriNov 12, 2015 1:14 AM
Nov 28, 2015 7:42 PM
Feb 2015
s3rius said:
A first grade masterpiece - just one thing that bothered me a little

/sign
Dec 6, 2015 9:30 AM

Feb 2015
ronri said:
@TomDay: I'm just putting my reply under spoiler tags to avoid cluttering the page:

oh very sorry! didn't know you replied >_<

Yup exactly this. While Lio never fully figured out the details of the personality thing (at least not as much as Kokutou, Souren and Touko did) he deduced enough to know that Shiki had a side of hers that not many people knew about (which is the personality SHIKI). Lio mostly hinged his motives of goading Shiki to kill based on this understanding, which makes it all the more tragic considering how SHIKI has already died away from Shiki's inner soul at this point in the story.

so his plan was going to fail from the start...

Exactly this. Lio actually regretted his life choices for all his pretenses of going bad. The only problem with the way he's handling it is how he kept pushing everyone away just to prove his point of superiority.

...that's almost pathetic, really. almost.

Exactly! I'm absolutely happy with this since not many people get this about Lio, but you pretty much nailed it here. "Delusional fantasy" is absolutely the right choice of words (I remember the author even referred to them almost exactly as "delusions" on Lio's part). Lio liked to gamble his chances (such as taunting Shiki to "kill" him) because in the end, all he wanted was to have killing partners. It's so that he can share the guilt he felt for becoming murderer, which is why he thought it best to target those he considered to be "closest" to him.

Kokutou is really someone he genuinely admired and respected, while in his eyes, Shiki embodied the perfect person that transcends above norms and everything he hates about normal people. It's why whenever he switched between talking to Shiki and Kokutou his personality almost seemed to shift. Specifically, he behaved based on how he thought he'd be able to convince them to join his side (Kokutou by using their past friendship, and Shiki by exploiting her desire for murder). During the last fight though, since he thought that he just about lost everything ("killed" Kokutou and can't convince Shiki anymore), he didn't care what happened in the end so it was literally a do-or-die scenario where he was finally willing to kill Shiki.

oh wow really? i'm notorious in my family for looking at plots/movies and the undertones and meanings just sail above my head. i'm genuinely surprised i got this one right.

[quote]Oh no, don't worry, I just thought to mention that more in relation to Kokutou's desire to care for Shiki so I get what you mean by that in terms of his kindness and how it definitely carries over to his treatment of other women. And yeah you're right, Shiki was way closed off before she met him and it really shows how meeting Kokutou changed her life in such a way that she finally opened herself up to what she wanted in life all along.

Pfft! You're not alone in thinking this! While it makes sense that they'd find comfort in simply being able to hug each other like that (as if the plot couldn't drive it home any further that they're in love anyway), it's something of a guilty pleasure in-joke for fans especially after all the hardships they went through.

(though as you saw in the Mirai Fukuin film, Shiki had a baby with Kokutou in the future anyway so it all works out, haha!)

oh yes, i see that ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

It actually took quite a while for people to properly start putting out stuff about the behind-the-scenes stories for this series. This is because of how obscure it is, so not many people were quick to dig up info on it even if it was generally well-received as an anime film series. I remember I was still new to the franchise when people only used to have a couple of interviews from the creators about (I tried my best to dig up some stuff until I became really engrossed in the series itself). It's a shame though, since I (and many other people) consider it to be Type-Moon's masterpiece (the group of the author) and yet not many still know about it unlike their more popular works like the Fate franchise (specifically, Fate/Zero and Fate/Stay Night).

well forget them then! seriously...>.>

Not to mention Lio only had one hand/arm to use so he was hardly in a position to force someone to ingest something.

Besides, I feel I should mention that the author takes Lio's character very seriously and he never tried to make Lio out to be a random crazy yaoi bad guy. He purposely wrote him to be both sympathetic but also absolutely someone you could hate. It's worth noting that the author actually seemed to have a fondness for Lio's role as a tragic villain, which is probably why he set him up as the final main villain of the series instead of Souren.

It's admittedly why I like his character so much. Not because he's the typical kind of lovable villain that most people would think of (heck he did a LOT of really horrible horrible gross things!) but because of how he perfectly served as an antagonist against the main two characters while making the audience understand his own plight and internal suffering. That's often a very hard thing to pull off, and I thought the author did really well in writing him that way.

exactly how i feel. lio is not only one of the craziest villains but also one of the best written - i think THE best written i have come across.
Jan 5, 2016 7:39 AM

Dec 2014
Well, that sucks... No kiss....

And i was still hoping for a wincest. XD
Good movie.
Feb 12, 2016 8:12 AM
Jul 2018
WTF Mikiya couldn't realize that mysterious girl was Touko. Azaka is such a bitch not letting Shiki visit Mikiya.

Movie 5 and this are definitely the best, the rest are just okay. I felt a bit sad at the end. 8/10
Feb 19, 2016 10:58 PM

Apr 2012
The entirety of the film felt dull to me. I was just waiting for when it would get good, but the moment never came. This series, movie 5 aside, feels lacking in terms of characters and story. In particular, I find Shiki's character hard to understand and identify with. Some of the music and fight scenes are pretty great though.
quukiiFeb 20, 2016 12:44 AM
Mar 5, 2016 6:53 PM

Nov 2015
Amazing movie, I must say. Somehow, I don't feel like giving it a 10 (overall KnK) but a 9,
maybe 9.5, but I don't particularly feel it like a 10.

Anyway, it was an amazing movie, another rollercoaster of emotions. It was a beautiful ending,
those two introverts are finally together =3

Yes, it had some disgusting moments, the hostage scene (and related) were absolutely disgusting,
there were times I had to look away, hell, I'm not going to watch something disgusting for pleasure jaja,
but anyway, it's all part of the show and the sense of madness and darkness the enemy represents.

I shred one or two tears at the end, hell, not even Kokuto cried xD jaja

As always, Ufotable does magic with the animation, it was marvelous as always. The music top notch,
even tho there were not much pieces in this movie (not that I noticed)

This felt like the end, but there are a couple more movies I'll be looking forward to.

I've been watching KnK movies like 1 movie per week (in release order). I don't have regrets, it is my first time
following a series of movies. Leaving a week of space between each move made me enjoy it over time,
and it felt like I've been watching KnK for a long time... Sure, not everybody has time to watch that much anime jeje.

Oh right! I was not expecting a kiss while in the warehouse, I mean, it was not the moment for that kind of thing,
but when they looked at eachother like that I suddenly started to expect it... and then..NOPE, hug! jajaja trolls.
After the credits, Shiki's blushing and tender smile was really warm, knowing that she doesn't do that often...

It was kind of sad when she said "and this is my story" like everything is over =(

Btw, Am I the only one who ships Touko with Akimi (Kokutou's cousin)? I knew he was her police friend but it's
good to have confirmation. They should date sometime jaja.
HumbertoZeroMar 5, 2016 7:25 PM
Mar 8, 2016 11:22 PM
Jan 2013
A beautiful movie to wrap up a beautiful series, 9/10 ^w^
Mar 9, 2016 3:40 AM

Dec 2015
HDarkmantis said:
Amazing movie, I must say. Somehow, I don't feel like giving it a 10 (overall KnK) but a 9,
maybe 9.5, but I don't particularly feel it like a 10.

Anyway, it was an amazing movie, another rollercoaster of emotions. It was a beautiful ending,
those two introverts are finally together =3

Yes, it had some disgusting moments, the hostage scene (and related) were absolutely disgusting,
there were times I had to look away, hell, I'm not going to watch something disgusting for pleasure jaja,
but anyway, it's all part of the show and the sense of madness and darkness the enemy represents.

I shred one or two tears at the end, hell, not even Kokuto cried xD jaja

As always, Ufotable does magic with the animation, it was marvelous as always. The music top notch,
even tho there were not much pieces in this movie (not that I noticed)

This felt like the end, but there are a couple more movies I'll be looking forward to.

I've been watching KnK movies like 1 movie per week (in release order). I don't have regrets, it is my first time
following a series of movies. Leaving a week of space between each move made me enjoy it over time,
and it felt like I've been watching KnK for a long time... Sure, not everybody has time to watch that much anime jeje.

Oh right! I was not expecting a kiss while in the warehouse, I mean, it was not the moment for that kind of thing,
but when they looked at eachother like that I suddenly started to expect it... and then..NOPE, hug! jajaja trolls.
After the credits, Shiki's blushing and tender smile was really warm, knowing that she doesn't do that often...

It was kind of sad when she said "and this is my story" like everything is over =(

Btw, Am I the only one who ships Touko with Akimi (Kokutou's cousin)? I knew he was her police friend but it's
good to have confirmation. They should date sometime jaja.

I suggest you to watch the remaining movies in this order: Epilogue -> Mirai Fukuin Extra Chorus -> Mirai Fukuin.
Mar 9, 2016 12:38 PM

Nov 2015
Xarvon said:

I suggest you to watch the remaining movies in this order: Epilogue -> Mirai Fukuin Extra Chorus -> Mirai Fukuin.

May I ask why such suggestion?
I was planing to watch Epilogue -> Mirai Fukuin -> Extra Chorus.
Mar 9, 2016 12:51 PM

Dec 2015
HDarkmantis said:
Xarvon said:

Extra Chorus is a BD extra of the movie Mirai Fukuin.
Mirai Fukuin is the full movie and in my opinion its ending is the best closure for the entire series.
Mar 9, 2016 1:28 PM

Nov 2015
Xarvon said:

Mirai Fukuin is the full movie and in my opinion its ending is the best closure for the entire series.

Mmmm, ok. Noted.
Thanks for the suggestion ;)
Mar 26, 2016 9:40 AM

Nov 2015
Xarvon said:
HDarkmantis said:

Coming from the future (I guess) to say thank you for that recommendation! You were totally right about it.
And, to anyone reading this, do the same: Watch Extra Chorus first and then Mirai Fukuin (Future Gospel). No regrets.

Thanks again =)
Mar 26, 2016 11:07 AM

Dec 2015
HDarkmantis said:
Xarvon said:

Coming from the future (I guess) to say thank you for that recommendation! You were totally right about it.
And, to anyone reading this, do the same: Watch Extra Chorus first and then Mirai Fukuin (Future Gospel). No regrets.

Thanks again =)

You're welcome! =D
Jul 4, 2016 11:40 AM

Nov 2013
That was amazing. Stunning visuals and great soundtrack as usual. Some scenes were almost painful to watch, Lio drooling over Shiki for example. And that "kiss" of Mikiya and Lio. The last scene with Mikiya and Shiki was great.
You're a louse, Roger Smith. - R. Dorothy Wayneright
This is my fight! No Senpai, this is our fight! - Kojou Akatsuki & Yukina Himeragi
Jul 13, 2016 5:34 AM

Nov 2013
Truly a masterpiece.
Always worth to re-watch and find details you didn't recognize before.

Not to mention that you can't get enough of Shiki's character. One of the most well written, deep and complex character out there.
10/10 for the whole seres.

What i find more entertaining than KnK is the comments of some people here.
Jul 20, 2016 4:08 PM

Aug 2015
Are they gonna kiss, are they?
NOPE!
We got a two guys kissing instead.
9/10 movie though, that was beautiful.
Sep 12, 2016 6:13 AM

Jun 2016
The writing was gobshite, ultimately. I had hoped that the last movie would somehow redeem the rest, but I was wrong. The ending was sweet - two drug addled teens finally accepted their feelings for each other, in a characteristically psychotic fashion. Remember kids, pot is good for you:

flo7 said:
There' s something that has been bothering me, about the exchange beetween mikiya and shiki when he finds out that she is still alive. When thinking to himself "i will carry your sins blabla" he also adds "...So I will kill you"

Wtf is that? Am i missing something? Is that a sub error because to this day that line still bothers me.

Nah, he's just saying he'll stab her repeatedly with his dick for the rest of his life. Maybe ultimately kill her with a STD? I wouldn't be surprised if Shirazumi senpai was carrying something, and that was a helluva kiss.

I want to rant about the plot and dialogue in general, but I'd just go on and on, and I don't feel like wasting my time on this anymore. I think my feelings can be summed up as: Dafuq you smoking, Nasu? Maybe it's me, I just don't get his writing. Seeing so many people give KnK give such high ratings makes me feel cheated - like I missed out on a genuinely good experience.

The animation was good, as usual, but not as good as the ~1 hour long movies. Budget constraints explain that, I suppose. Anyway, Ufotable = undisputed god of animation. The sound and music was my favourite part of the whole series, I'll be listening to the OST for a long while yet. I'm just sad I don't have appropriate amount of feels to attach to it, because that would make it so much better.

Overall I'm giving this a 7. Without the production values it would have been a 5, which is basically the lowest rating I've given anything I've watched fully.
Sep 24, 2016 2:42 PM

Sep 2014
As much as I love this series, I cant deny it feels a bit empty.

What really freaks me out is that the source material is actually nearly 20 years old by now. Wow.

I totally recommend watching this series, but it feels a bit weird sometimes.
What I know is, Shiki in her red kimono looks beautiful.
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Oct 20, 2016 3:27 PM

Jan 2016
blond guy does it right to go to another place to fight to protect the good herbs :D,yea this last movie was again better. some movies felt a bit boring and illogical but overall it was worth watching. in the end i hoped so much for a happy ending and what i got was one of the most beautiful endings i have seen. but to be serious movie 5 was by far the best and just watching this movie made it worth to complete this series
Nov 14, 2016 5:39 AM

Jul 2013
Wow, finally, it's over. That was so fucking boring. Guess I never rlly got into this franchise.
Dec 11, 2016 6:38 AM

Jun 2016
amazing series.
glad I watched it :D

The world is cruel, ugly and pitiful. Let's watch anime and make it colorful
Dec 11, 2016 6:40 AM

Jun 2016
JonathaIN said:
god this was unbearable to watch it had countless corny and typical scenes and your usual cliché played out anime villain #6797976 plus the main male char is a complete bitch like why is he even a male, he's the bitch in the couple and its to a point where its just too extreme for me to not cringe, he's literally like an housewife, i can deal with main chars that aren't manly but he's too extreme he is the complete opposite of a man he's too much of a beta bitch

I think he's a light for shiki.
because he want shiki to not commit murder so that she will not live a sad life like when SHIKI male still exist where female shiki is lifeless and suicidal.
because of the murders he commit.

The world is cruel, ugly and pitiful. Let's watch anime and make it colorful
Jan 4, 2017 2:15 PM

Apr 2016
Would've been better if they had kissed the only kiss we got from this movie was the one between the antagonist and Kokutou just can't even lol
JGUS-Jan 4, 2017 2:27 PM
Jun 20, 2017 3:05 PM

Jun 2015
I didn't like that movie until Mikiya was supposedly stabbed to death. That's when it got really interesting and changed my mind. Mikiya is a big fool. None of this would have happened if he had let Shiki kill the guy.
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Aug 7, 2017 8:56 AM
Jan 2010
kokutou is just a retard, fuck him
and they're putting way too much weight on some old random guy's last words, should just kill that thing and get it over with from the start
Aug 18, 2017 5:46 AM

May 2015
It was good movie. 7/10. I still don't like Mikiya, but oh well.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Oct 4, 2017 5:44 AM

Jul 2008
Yeah Mikiya was an idiot in this one and is damn lucky he did not die because of his stupidity.

I wasn not feeling this movie as much. 6/10
Nov 20, 2017 5:43 AM

Dec 2015
Fuck me.... This movie really hammered things home for the series.

TOUKO WHY DIDN'T YOU DO ANYTHING???!??!!
~
Dec 3, 2017 8:36 AM

Aug 2015
Didn't enjoy this as much as I hoped. I have a few complaints about this series, mainly regarding the writing, but I'm glad I watched these movies, I couldn't have asked for a more satisfying conclusion.
Dec 27, 2017 8:53 PM

May 2010
Finally got to watch it, and... it's an okay finale to an okay series, I guess. Nothing spectacular, nothing totally pointless - it was just okay.

Mikiya was just annoying me for most of these series, he's really boring compared to the rest of cast, and yet he has a lot screentime for himself. Even for typical "normal" and weak male MC, I just couldn't stand him, ugh.

Shiki was awesome, Touko was okay, and I even liked Azaka, even though I don't see any reason why she's the part of KnK series. Her own movie was one of the most boring ones I've seen this year, and she barely appeared in the rest of them. So yeah, seems pretty pointless.

Loved the animation, OST, duh, and most of Kalafina's songs (athough the one used in this movie wasn't their best). Honestly, that's about it, I don't really have anything more to say lol. It's clearly not my favourite series of anime and movies I guess, glad I'm finally done with it. 6.5/10
Jan 28, 2018 12:08 AM
Jun 2014
I just finished watching this and I have to vent. I’ve enjoyed the first 6 movies, mainly for the beautiful animation, mood, and music more than the story. But 7 really frustrated me. Why is Mikiya so adamant about protecting Rio? And why is Shiki killing Rio any different from her killing the monsters in the precious movies? Rio isn’t any more human than her previous foes. So why does Mikiya so stupidly pressure Shiki to be soft on Rio, which is basically just an invitation for Rio to kill them both? And when Mikiya and Shiki decide to just lie down and submit to Rio, why didn’t he kill them? Both Mikiya and Shiki should have died in that warehouse, and them surviving is totally unbelievable. And the deeper meaning behind these foolish decisions doesn’t add up to anything. Shiki ends up killing Rio anyway, and it’s even worse because she killed him out of revenge, which is worse than killing him to prevent him from killing others. And Mikiya forgives Shiki for the killing. Why didn’t he just have that attitude in the first place? Would have saved them both a lot of trouble. And killing a serial murderer, thus preventing him from killing even more people, should be considered a good thing. What is Mikiya’s problem with that?
Feb 16, 2018 10:32 PM

Oct 2011
I'm starting to dislike ufotable protags.. the villains usually turn out badass, but the good guys are just too unrealistic.
Shiki is an awesome character tho.

Feb 18, 2018 1:16 PM

Jul 2014
Well that was great~

This movie had the most romance vibes of them all and unlike the fifth movie the story isn't extremely confusing this time around, we just all the way back to the first events of the timeline which was great

The blood and fights are as brutal as ever and holy shit that thumb tho 0___o

The Shiki rape\drooling scene was just weird, was it there to please the people with a weird fetish or what?

The villain of this movie was crusty tho, he's your stalker and loser guy and he didn't even pose a threat from the very beginning as Shiki was kicking him around, he's a joke to be honest =_____=

Kakto took too much abuse in this movie but still survive < dat plot armor

They really trolled me in the scene where they hug, I totally thought they were going to kiss there, such a shame.....

overall master pice if it's not for that Krusty as villain

9\10

Seriously tho, My boi Kokutou gets :

Stabbed multiple times

Poisoned

Get his eye sliced

and all he gets is a HUG and HAND HOLDING!!?? com'n now
Devil_SlayerFeb 18, 2018 1:49 PM
Mar 28, 2018 9:36 AM
Nov 2015
Haven't watched the film. Only completed half of the book. But the part where Shirazumi had the conversation with Mikiya in his "temple to Shiki" is what got me into this. Have experienced this kind of moment in 3 books, Fukan Fuukei immediately sold on me when Touko and Shiki discuss the "suicides" of the school girls, and philosophize ab the effects on the overlooking view on the mind. Mujun Rasen's is a bit later but I haven't read anything explosively good as the plan and description of Ogawa building.

I'm really glad this moment comes again for me for the final book. I had expected it'd be focused on the doubt, suspicion and consequently, trust, btw Mikiya and Shiki. But now it looks like culprit has been outed quite early, and Lio is so much better n multi-faceted a villain than I'd expected him to be. Looks like Mikiya's gonna save him somehow, if not his body, then his mental state. Somehow Jesus Mikiya's savior act never bothers me at all (I always have a repulsion against a character written as the morally superior).
Mar 30, 2018 8:03 AM
Nov 2015
Film looks gorgeous I can't... It looks more breath-taking than Mujun Rasen, and even Fukan fuukei.

And I really dig the aesthetic. The amount of shadows and darkness is humongous, that's why scenes with lights from buildings and trees and street lights also stand out much more. It's less talky than my favorite Mujun Rasen, the music also take a moodier, slower and sadder turn, and there're slow motion fighting scenes that look like dances.
Sean_NessmanMar 30, 2018 8:11 AM
Mar 30, 2018 8:36 AM
Nov 2015
Shiki in Mikiya's room phoning Mikiya who is in Shiki's room. It is so damn sweeeet.

Do I have to see Leo's face when he's saliva raping Shiki?

Didn't get to hear the (famous) theme until 84:00. Welcoming tune

1 complaint. In the books Mikiya crawled through the weed garden to get to an opening in the middle, where Shiki lay. He comments on how difficult it is to crawl through the grass which is higher than him and blocks his sight. I would love that portrayed in the movie, as it is titled the Garden of Sinners after all. The movie's looks more like a church.

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG the Shiki's theme has lyrics!!
Sean_NessmanMar 30, 2018 9:47 AM
May 13, 2018 5:13 PM

Nov 2013
Kokouto's obsession with Shiki not killing Lio was kinda annoying, it's not murder if the guy is actively trying to kill you, it's self defence. Also everyone keep saying Shiki never killed anyone but she killed Araya in the 5th movie. Did every character just forgot about him ?
Dec 12, 2018 6:23 PM

Feb 2018
The first time Shiki is crying? why isn't there a kiss scene xD.

Jan 1, 2019 12:05 PM

Mar 2018
This movie was amazing and I loved the ending. It's just sad that in the end she had to become a killer even if it was self defense and he deserved to die.
Jul 14, 2019 2:49 AM

Aug 2018
meh... I made it through all 7 parts. If the series did it for you, well great. I never grew to like or care for any of them. I'm just glad I stuck it through, and will never be tempted to watch again.
Oct 3, 2019 9:15 AM
Jul 2018
Drogan said:
Kokouto's obsession with Shiki not killing Lio was kinda annoying, it's not murder if the guy is actively trying to kill you, it's self defence. Also everyone keep saying Shiki never killed anyone but she killed Araya in the 5th movie. Did every character just forgot about him ?

uhh lio said that it didn't count because araya was inhuman
Oct 6, 2019 12:28 AM
Dec 2016
Why Aozaki Touko don't anything to help? This is annoying and make the story a silly and unrealistic.
This storyline is so dropped is like... Mirai Nikki.
Jan 11, 2020 5:44 AM

Apr 2013
There were so many plotholes in this movie, I don't even know where to start. Koukuto is an idiot... "Nobody dserves to die"? What the fuck, how ignorant can you be. If Shiki had just killed that blonde dude when she had the chance to, he wouldn't have lost an eye, Shiki wouldn't have lost an eye and that gross salliva scene wouldn't have happened either... And now that she did kill him he doesn't really give a shit either way? Would've saved a lot of time and suffering if you just said so before, asshole... he really should've died there. How could that blonde dude even think that he killed him if he just hit his eye anyway, so dumb lol. At least animation and sountrack was good again.
Pages (9) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Rate all the KnK! (ONLY FOR PEOPLE WHO HAVE SEEN ALL SEVEN!) ( 1 2 3 4 )

KaminaKai - Dec 13, 2009

187 by TierraRobada »»
Jul 16, 2023 6:53 AM

» Your thoughts on it all

FauxAzn - Jan 24, 2012

29 by KitsuFrost »»
Mar 19, 2023 1:13 PM

» Opening music?

amade0 - Jul 13, 2010

9 by Ougi_00 »»
Feb 5, 2023 12:11 AM

» What order should I watch Kara no Kyoukai? ( 1 2 )

Snaita - Sep 23, 2012

67 by NekoZamurai »»
Dec 26, 2022 8:55 AM

» understanding kara no kyoukai movies symbolism

mcskops - Jul 14, 2015

6 by Zelot »»
Jul 14, 2015 4:07 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.