Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 6, 2016 12:24 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well that's sad after the events of the previous episode...

Seriously though, even after seeing a reflection of that tragedy, I'm still a bit sad. The blood of Biscuit is still felt by Orga and I guess he feels useless back then. His loss is actually a big blow to the group's morale as well.

That also exploded between Mika and Orga too. Damn...:o
Stark700Mar 6, 2016 1:42 AM
Mar 6, 2016 1:41 AM

Nov 2009
Kudelia is awfully smart and quick-witted now that she's cast away doubts. I agree with Makanai, she really has all the makings of a good leader.

And Mika is a little psycho after all, the way he looked when he was saying to Orga that he won't stop, can't stop and who he should kiil next, what he should destroy next can hardly be called human. Demon, more likely. And it worked, making Orga supress his human, hurting side and become something of a demon, too, to match Mika's bloodthirst. You can really see in that scene how much both of them are screwed up by their life.

Oh, and like someone guessed much earlier, the Turbines are basically a gathering of women who had nowhere else to go and whom Naze saved. He calls them all "his women", but maybe it's not all of them he sleeps with?

Next time we'll see cyborg-Ein, I guess? And the episode title, "The Last Lie", makes me think that it's not just GH Tekkadan will have to deal with, but also Makanai's plotting...
ったく、嫌な世の中だよ。
Mar 6, 2016 2:57 AM

Mar 2014
huh tekkadan now looks like a group with a bunch of maniac criminals
Mar 6, 2016 3:13 AM
Aug 2015
I love how Mikazuki makes Heero Yuy and Setsuna look like Disney charming princes in comparison.
Mar 6, 2016 3:31 AM
Feb 2015
Carta survives as expected. That Mika and Orga interaction though. And the way Tekkadan replied to it. More blood is going to be spilled.

The Last Lie though, who does it refer to? McGillis or someone from Tekkadan.
Mar 6, 2016 3:49 AM

Feb 2012
who should Mikazuki kill next? Preferably Carta Issue.

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Mar 6, 2016 3:53 AM

Jul 2015
I'm surprised that Carta is still alive and managed to escape. I'm glad though. I know she's an enemy, but I like her (along with Fareed and Gaeli, despite being enemies).

Fareed continues to make things interesting to me by revealing the history of the whatchamacallit system and Gjallarhorn. Curious to see what will happen to them next.

I'm quite happy to see that despite Biscuit's unfortunate demise, Kudelia doesn't intend to stop whatsoever, and knows full well that she doesn't have the time to do so. Her plan and preparations were pretty impressive, and I can see her being that "hope" she wanted to be even more, now. That's a reason why Biscuit sacrificed himself, along for the safety of Orga; speaking of which, that was one hell of a way Mika did to rebuild their resolve in taking action again. I really wonder how this will go. Likely not without even more unfortunate deaths...
Mar 6, 2016 3:55 AM
Oct 2012
Mar 6, 2016 4:09 AM
Jul 2018
Wow this is rare an mc that actually not broken. Although our Orga had a breakdown for one ep. Yeah you tell him Mika. Next ep. another bloodbath.
Mar 6, 2016 4:15 AM

Jan 2016
Well... it was another "i'm a bad leader" episode. I mean, it's certainly justified, but i kinda wish there was less focus on that.
It looked like Mika and Orga were gonna fight, but it was just basically Mika going "Give me orders you shit".

On a more positive note, i think Kudelia is my favorite peace princess in all of Gundam, despite me finding her romance with Mika forced. She had actual believable and well-written character development, she gets shit done, we actually see how smart and determined she is instead of just being told that by other characters...
She's great.
"Now you have your answer. That's Fire Bomber. We don't know their past or future... they're just here. That's all there is." - Akiko Lips
Mar 6, 2016 4:32 AM

Apr 2015
Good episode, I'm really finding the characters in opposed to tekkadan interesting tbh, we don't know what any of them is planning, specially fareed, I mean I don't get why he's not telling gaelio about his plan? I think he would've gone along with it and helped him out, but now it just looks like he wants both him and ein dead
Mar 6, 2016 4:41 AM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
Nice history about Arayashiki system and Gundam frame

Mikazuki was kinda scary for once, when he talked to Olga in the room.

That mecha McGillis was showing, would that be this anime's Mobile Armor?

Why do I have a feeling that things wouldn't go Tekkadan's way when that old man arrives?

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Mar 6, 2016 4:45 AM

Jun 2014
DAMN, another incredible episode. I can't believe that there are only 3 episodes left. I pray to GOD for a second season. Mika is A BEAST. I loved how he got Orga back to his senses. It's like he is not human. I really hope he kills that bitch Carta in the next episode.
Mar 6, 2016 4:45 AM

Apr 2012
Fortress_Maximus said:

Considering the ep preview, looks like that will happen very very soon....
"Fortress Maximus has come himself. Okay! Then I shall get Fortress Maximus to fight me, huh huh huh!"

Mar 6, 2016 4:46 AM

Aug 2010
Kudelia O_o?! She's become friggin awesome. The way she's calmly planning everything and negotiating was amazing.

Lol'd at Fareed telling Gali Gali there's probably someone within leaking info. And it's him XD U sly bastard. Eins getting AV was expected since a long time but didn't expect even Gali Gali to get it. And he was already stronger than Mika without it. Mika's gonna need to step up his game now.

Speaking of Mika, DAMN! The way he just pulled on Orga's collar like that and started shitting on him asking for orders was awesome. I fear for the future tho. The path they're taking definitely isn't the safest wanting revenge and all that shit. Mika's personality is really starting to show more and more in these recent eps. U'd think he'd be really broken from Biscuit's death too but he was surprisingly way less affected than I thoughts.
Mar 6, 2016 4:53 AM
Dec 2015
Good episode. Mika looks like a demon on the conversation with Orga. I was scared :O

Seems we have a conflict between father and son. The Fareed's are two manipulators. McGuillis is tired of your father's games.. this looks will end with a familiar tragedy.

Kudelia is amazing. Smart, lovely, determinaded. I'm surprised with her plan to escape from Gjallahorn. She is perfect to be Mika's wife. <3

Next episode: the revenge of Carta on ice?

I think many things will be revealed.
Celinha87Mar 6, 2016 4:56 AM
Mar 6, 2016 4:59 AM
Dec 2015
Kotori_Sonoda said:
Fortress_Maximus said:

I think Carta's death will happen just on second season. She, Gali Gali and Ein, unfortunately, will be responsible for Tekkadan's fall.
Mar 6, 2016 5:03 AM

Aug 2014
Damn!! Mika just single-handedly brought back Orga, that my friends is how best friends/ bromance could do for you!!

Anyways, I can tell that Mika x Kudelia is not going to happen since there are some big foreshadowing on what's coming up next in their lines. Kudelia's dialogue reminds me of a princess from an anime that failed in the second season.. I just hope this ship still sails

I still don't trust the ex-minister
Mar 6, 2016 5:22 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Normally I appreciate how Gundam humanizes the antagonists and shows us their side of the story, letting us empathize with them and giving us a more complex and bitersweet story. But for once, I'd like it if they didn't show us anything positive about Gjallarhorn and they made them a bunch of mean, nasty SOB's so that I could just hate them straight out and cheer when Mikazuki offed one more. But I know that's not gonna happen.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Mar 6, 2016 5:28 AM
Jan 2015
Hi Gundam: Iron Blooded Orphans, I really appreciate the fact that you're trying to expand the plot as much as possible but how can you fix everything in a span of three episodes? I am starting to lose confidence in this series at this point. Develop those guys at Tekkadan. T-T Don't forget your main leads this time. So much time was wasted for Kudelia that I don't even know if the payoff is worth it.

On the other hand, the main character moments here are really great - so I'll let it pass. Teehee.

Oh, my shameless plug. here's my blog. Thank you for dropping there. :)
Mar 6, 2016 5:29 AM

Dec 2014
The history of Gjallarhorn and the Gundam Frames was really interesting. Pretty Ironic that the very weapons they crafted to save Humanity and create their empire are now they're greatest opposition.

Well played Kudeila, She's truly become a capable Revolutionary Maiden.

The Mika-Orga conversation was really powerful and impactful, Really amazing how Mika brought Orga back by making him remember the conviction with which they spoke those words so long back.

Will we be getting a second season? I honestly don't see how they can wrap up the entire political issue in 3 more episodes.
Mar 6, 2016 5:30 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
That scene with Mika and Orga in the room was scary as fuck lol....Mika is so damn savage xD

The fallout from last week went as expected though and I felt so bad for everyone :( That talk about how all the males are kids kinda hurt too lol and I disagree

Kudelia alone disregards that statement and she was beyond badass in this episode....Her growth and maturity is astonishing at this point.....I wonder how long it'll take a certain someone to just fuck Orga already too, I mean she was so worried in this episode for him xD

Lastly, seeing the new found resolve of Tekkadan as well as this new game plan from Chocolate Aznable (This guy scares me with how crafty he is lol), has me terrified and all I ask is that there won't be too much death of characters that I love after TwT
Mar 6, 2016 5:39 AM

Apr 2014
mika´s blood is burning
he has the strengh to rise orga
Mar 6, 2016 5:49 AM

Oct 2015
Kill 'em All Mikazuki
Mar 6, 2016 7:15 AM
Oct 2012
GhostofSide6 said:
Well... it was another "i'm a bad leader" episode. I mean, it's certainly justified, but i kinda wish there was less focus on that.
It looked like Mika and Orga were gonna fight, but it was just basically Mika going "Give me orders you shit".

On a more positive note, i think Kudelia is my favorite peace princess in all of Gundam, despite me finding her romance with Mika forced. She had actual believable and well-written character development, she gets shit done, we actually see how smart and determined she is instead of just being told that by other characters...
She's great.

Agreed, Kudelia is a smart princess, unlike other useless princesses in part mecha series lol
Mar 6, 2016 7:17 AM
Oct 2012
Looks like this is how Barbatos is going to look next and i think Ein might be getting a Gundam of his own soon

Mar 6, 2016 7:38 AM

Jul 2008
The finale will be an onslaught cliffhanger :D
Mar 6, 2016 7:48 AM

Jul 2014
Fcking Mika went beast there, he really is a rare mc, I dont know if I should root for them or not anymore. Dude's like a walking machine, no feelings, waiting for a command and all that shit.
Mar 6, 2016 8:00 AM

Apr 2014
LOL that hole in Australia where Sydney should be is from Operation British. Zeon dropping colonies.

Mar 6, 2016 8:32 AM
May 2014
Man, Mika is quite the psychopath. I was actually scared that his confronting Orga would turn out ugly.

Speaking of Orga, he seems more and more like a Gundam verion of Big Boss.

Also, it seems I might be right and the Turbines are just women Naze gave shelter too, instead of a giant harem.
Mar 6, 2016 8:49 AM

Jan 2016
OrangeJP said:
LOL that hole in Australia where Sydney should be is from Operation British. Zeon dropping colonies.

Actually, since the whole Turn A unified timelines theory has been retconned out, that's probably nothing more than a little reference to 0079.

...Or maybe this series will turn out to be one of the few AU series actually connected to UC, along with Turn A and G-Reco. Who knows? We still have three episodes to go (and possibly another season).
"Now you have your answer. That's Fire Bomber. We don't know their past or future... they're just here. That's all there is." - Akiko Lips
Mar 6, 2016 9:26 AM

Feb 2015
Great episode.
everything got wrap up, time to move foward. but that beggining scene was really emotional....;_;
DAT Mika's eyes thought when he got mad at Orga....that is....scary?
looking foward to the next episode :)
Mar 6, 2016 9:30 AM
Jun 2008
Am I the only one that got scared by Mika ?
Mar 6, 2016 10:21 AM

Feb 2012
Celinha87 said:
Kotori_Sonoda said:

I think Carta's death will happen just on second season. She, Gali Gali and Ein, unfortunately, will be responsible for Tekkadan's fall.
How awesome would it be if Cookie and Cracker are grown ups in the second season and kill Carta? A perfect homage to 00 where Lyle killed Ali al-Saachez to avenge Neil.

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Mar 6, 2016 10:58 AM

Sep 2013
Ugh how did Carta even escape?

I like Kudelia in this episode. If only the writer did a much better job to get her where she is now without much nonsense. Can't be helped. She's much more distant now too.

Interesting history by Chocolate Man. His motives are still bothering me, especially when he told Gali Gali about an "informant" that shows how corrupt Gjallarhorn really is =w=;;

Also, Mika kind of annoyed me a bit in this episode because I was expecting a different change in Orga due to Biscuit's death. I guess that won't happen. Mika is still Mika~ Merribit why you so slow qwq In the end, they just reverted back to being the space rats that they are orz Hopefully they'll use that hatred/revenge to get rid of Carta lol
Mar 6, 2016 11:01 AM

Jul 2015
Yeah Orga is the man, i tough mikazuki would be a little affected but he wasn't a bit.
Mar 6, 2016 11:06 AM
Dec 2015
Fortress_Maximus said:
Celinha87 said:

How awesome would it be if Cookie and Cracker are grown ups in the second season and kill Carta? A perfect homage to 00 where Lyle killed Ali al-Saachez to avenge Neil.

This fact would be amazing!!!
Mar 6, 2016 11:44 AM
Jul 2018
Mika looked like a demon when he had a conversation with Orga!
Mar 6, 2016 11:54 AM

Dec 2011
That conversation between Mika and Orga...
When orga said he killed Biscuit, I have scared Mika say him :
"So, should I kill you ?"

I see people said Mika seems to feel nothing about Biscuit's death but I think he is really angry.
When he screamed in Barbatos and now he is hurry to go to the place where they belong. He is determinated to kill more people.
Mar 6, 2016 12:48 PM
Sep 2014
Don't see how this end properly in 3 episodes.

Mika intrigues me. I want to hope his character is complex but have fears he's just a better Inaho from A/Z.

I want to see that incident where mika killed that guy to save orga. Maybe mika was normal until that moment when Orga ordered him to kill? Forever broken mika awaits for Orgas orders?

Maybe Mika has a breakdown and blames Orga for being the way he is now?

Either way I don't see this ending well for Tekkadan.

Death approaches the orphans.
Mar 6, 2016 1:16 PM
Sep 2015
Anyone else feel like Kudelia is getting further away from tekkadan? like there are hardly any interactions between the her and the group now..
Mar 6, 2016 1:45 PM

Jun 2013
i don't really feel for Biscuit
Mar 6, 2016 1:45 PM

Jul 2009
from this episode teaser, Carta's death flag has risen for next episode
bruh
Mar 6, 2016 2:47 PM

Oct 2007
Basukesu-GE said:
GhostofSide6 said:

She's great.

Agreed, Kudelia is a smart princess, unlike other useless princesses in part mecha series lol

Gundam princesses historically are, just for whatever reason one of the most recent ones Marina played a mostly passive role in her show for whatever reason and now people have this impression that she's representative of all of them. From the likes of Sayla to Minerva to Berah to relena though they usually show plenty of agency at one point or another and evolve as characters. People really need to just watch more than a handful of Gundam shows really so their impression of things isn't so skewed towards the likes of Reconguista and Gundam 00 specifically.

Anyway the show has been quite successful on multiple fronts, but Sunrise is a really weird company sometimes with how it chooses to pursue it's franchises so it's still up in the air whether this is getting a second season or not. The 25 episode count instead of 26 makes it feel like it might be 25+25 as does the pacing but I thought that about Valvrave too and that just up and ended. Considering that was Aniplex calling the shots on production rather than just Sunrise it might have been a special case though.
Mar 6, 2016 3:09 PM

Sep 2011
This was a very good episode, i loved the scene where mika snaps sense into orga, he was actually pretty damn intimidating. Orga's speach was pretty hype too. Kudelia post character development is a pretty solid character and im very pleased with the direction they have taken her since prior to this she was one of the problems i had with the show during the middle sections where she was still moping about.

Next episode looks pretty great, i have a feeling carta isnt going to die like we all want her to though, from the looks of it mika gets thrown off guard by something and its probably gonna be ein and gallio interrupting the fight potentially since its likely been a few days since this episode that next episodes fight takes place during.

I am worried about the episode count now, i was generally pretty confident in the show being split cour up until this episode but now there seems to be a potential final goal in front of us with the elections and i hope to god the series doesnt attempt to wrap it up there. Its not that the show cant wrap up in a few episodes its that it'd waste a shit ton of potential by ending prematurely before getting to explore more of the world, pasts of orga mika and the calamity war, and the conflict as a whole. My hope is that they will reach the elections but there is still going to be a political fallout that proceeds it that likely will result in a war which the sequel shall cover but i am anxious until a 2nd season is truly confirmed.

also if there is a 2nd season i hope to god they do a better job on animation cause this show looks like ass most the time.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Mar 6, 2016 4:22 PM
May 2010
I forsee 3 ways this ends up going in terms of the season:

1: Tekkadan is destroyed.
2: Deux Ex machina is pulled out of a magic hat that somehow fixes everything and Tekkadan somehow manages to dismantle gjallarhorn in three episodes.
3: Another two cour season after the elections.

Preferably it ends up with either number Three or one occuring, as dismantling an organization as corrupt and powerful as gjallarhorn isn't as simple as attacking a single location with limited resources, but it would be better than the possibly worst case: Our journey is just beginning!

I am curious as to how that old man will win the election if they rig it so that he's not even on the ballot, but who am I to nitpick?
Mar 6, 2016 4:41 PM

Oct 2011
Ken_Chen said:
I love how Mikazuki makes Heero Yuy and Setsuna look like Disney charming princes in comparison.

LoL, i love these lines.
At start i was under the impression that Mika is always under Orga's shadow. and i always compare him to Setsuna. But no he's deferent and he's pretty independent for himself.

apalagiMar 6, 2016 4:52 PM
Mar 6, 2016 5:14 PM

Apr 2015
too bad Mika didn't kill Carta in this episode...
next episode will be 1 - 1 between Mika and Carta i guess...
also Gali Gali's Kimaris got new form...
Mar 6, 2016 7:55 PM

Aug 2014
CG said:
Oh, and like someone guessed much earlier, the Turbines are basically a gathering of women who had nowhere else to go and whom Naze saved. He calls them all "his women", but maybe it's not all of them he sleeps with?

If you are implying Lafter, twin haired drills girl or the silent women. Just stop please! They are literally Naze's women with the dark-skinned girl being Naze's Main wife. Akihiro x Lafter/other turbines will not be a thing, they would willing give up their lives for Naze. (Just an FYI)Also, Lafter's relationship with Akihiro could be described as Teacher to Student since Akihiro was a total noob in Mecha Fights
Mar 6, 2016 8:40 PM
Feb 2014
Tokoya said:
The fallout from last week went as expected though and I felt so bad for everyone :( That talk about how all the males are kids kinda hurt too lol and I disagree

Kudelia alone disregards that statement and she was beyond badass in this episode....Her growth and maturity is astonishing at this point.....I wonder how long it'll take a certain someone to just fuck Orga already too, I mean she was so worried in this episode for him xD

Yeah, I like how Kudelia disregarded the "kids" concern, but she made the "mistake" of treating them like kids before her character development a few times.

It'll still be awhile for lady to get on Orga's level because she's still looking down on him, but I'm sure they'll get equal soon otherwise that plot point will just be hanging there unresolved.

Raikiri29 said:

I see people said Mika seems to feel nothing about Biscuit's death but I think he is really angry.
When he screamed in Barbatos and now he is hurry to go to the place where they belong. He is determinated to kill more people.

I think it's the opposite. Mika just knows he can depend on Orga, although it's kind of twisted, he wants Orga to get him to where he can get revenge. He's depending on him to do that for him. Mika going berserk on Orga is kind of showing how upset he is, since that's not really in his character to scold Orga.

I might be a little desensitized, but I took Mika's kill talk as a "I kill people for a living" version of "I'm still here, Orga. Biscuit's gone, and I'm here waiting for you."

-------

Tekkadan in really transforming from idealistic to militaristic. I guess that's what is needed though if they're going to be starting a revolution....
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 11, 2015

160 by Joca_skljoca024 »»
6 hours ago

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 4, 2015

285 by Joca_skljoca024 »»
Yesterday, 10:56 AM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 24, 2016

118 by wallus81 »»
Apr 12, 4:44 PM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 10, 2016

128 by wallus81 »»
Apr 12, 3:55 PM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 27, 2015

168 by wallus81 »»
Apr 7, 2:42 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.