Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Erased
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »
Mar 4, 2016 7:13 AM

Jan 2016
beast_regards said:
Touka__Kirishima said:
Hiromi, are you sure you are a boy?

No, he is not, obviously. Perhaps his parent always wanted a girl?

When he grabbed Satoru's hand and got shy i thought he's gonna confess his love to Satoru lol
Mar 4, 2016 7:47 AM

Dec 2014
hikikoMOURI said:
The car scene was dead giveaway! There's no doubt about it now....I think the teacher's the killer! I knew it!

+ there is no other suspect
Mar 4, 2016 8:10 AM

Apr 2014
Another great episode, although the last part with Kano didn't really work out the way I thought it would. Also, I think that girl you saw at the end of the episode is going to be the new victim.

Also #HavingALotOfCandyInYourCarIsDefinitelyNotSuspisiousHuehHueh
Mar 4, 2016 8:14 AM

May 2013
I was impressed by how much they managed to communicate in Akemi's very short flashback sequence. The single frame showing Kayo with her father's eyes in the background highlights how alike they look, and it tells us that Kayo's mom beat her not just because she had been abused herself, but because every time she looked at Kayo she saw her former abuser, which drove her mad and led her to despise her child. The shot of the red curtain with the silhouette of Kayo's mom beating Kayo almost directly mirrors an near-identical shot from episode two, with a crucial difference; whereas in the second episode only Kayo was shown to be symbolically trapped in a cage, in this episode both Kayo and her mom are; note the shadowy birdcage that encompasses them in that scene: a cage of abuse that neither can escape from. Good stuff.

Of course, despite all that, the narrative ultimately does not sympathize with Kayo's mom. The purpose of her brief backstory was to explain her actions, not justify them. I don't really understand the criticisms I'm seeing that we're suddenly expected to feel bad and forgive the mother because of this last minute revelation. We're explicitly told we're not supposed to via Kayo's reaction: she isn't moved by her mother's breakdown, and neither should we.

Loved the last scene of the episode. Cleverly, it directly follows a scene that has Satoru dramatically proclaim his intent to never allow anyone to be alone again, juxtaposing that idealistic statement of purpose with a person who Satoru has, in fact, left alone. We can infer that she's become isolated from her classmates following Satoru's outburst back in episode 4, so really Satoru has ironically removed Kayo from her lonely, miserable state at the expense of someone else. It's such a brilliant way of undermining Satoru's heroism and criticizing his approach to 'saving' people without actually having someone voice it.

Looking forward to what comes next.
My anime blog
Latest Post: The Zero Requiem (Analysis of the Ending of Code Geass)
Mar 4, 2016 8:43 AM

Mar 2014
It's so obvious who the culprit is that they might as well just slap a big red "HE'S THE SUSPECT" sign on the screen and call it a day
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Mar 4, 2016 9:36 AM

Jul 2014
Yeah, that car scene practically confirms that the teacher is the one behind the killings, in which case I am much less inclined to trust him in relation to Kayo going off with her grandmother; that whole thing felt like it was resolved much too cleanly for something to not go wrong. Sure, Kayo may well be safe, but there's still Hiromi and Aya in danger, and I get the feeling that the girl at the very end may well become a target too; after all, Satoru hasn't even considered the fact that the teacher may go for other targets and just kill them instead. No matter what he may think, Satoru cannot save everyone unless the killer is apprehended, which at this point doesn't seem likely due to an extreme lack of evidence that would be seen as plausible.
Mar 4, 2016 9:48 AM

Jan 2015
beast_regards said:
Touka__Kirishima said:
Hiromi, are you sure you are a boy?

No, he is not, obviously. Perhaps his parent always wanted a girl?

EP 11 will answer all the questions. :)
Mar 4, 2016 10:30 AM

Jan 2015
shyduck said:
Ginkaize said:
Look out we got a mad Shovel Knight up in this biatch
Fuck whatever the mom's past is, I don't give a shit. You don't abuse children.
Hinazuki-chan is leaving, she hasn't been saved. I think more needs to be done to really save her, but maybe I'm wrong.
Now Satoru is trying to save the other 2 girls. Wait, is Hiromi a girl?
Madafaka Sensei trying to play da game but it won't be easy with Satoru's mom
Candies, the Sensei is suspicious. It's perfect for kidnapping kids
Oh okay Hiromi is a MAN apparently.
No Hiromi no, just no, Why you awakening your gay instincts man?
Good episode but felt rushed, ending is gonna be rushed as fuk. 3/5

No Hiromi no, just no, Why you awakening your gay instincts man?
Lost it when you put it that way, lol
Glad you had a laugh from my shitty-ass opinion hehe
Mar 4, 2016 10:53 AM

Jun 2015
Satoru keeps saying that he wont let anyone be alone anymore, but hes a child as well, imagine the plot twist if HE got kidnapped xDD
Damn good episode overall, quite suspicious of the teacher but then would the producers make it that obvious?
Mar 4, 2016 11:00 AM
Oct 2013
NataChan said:
Satoru keeps saying that he wont let anyone be alone anymore, but hes a child as well, imagine the plot twist if HE got kidnapped xDD

Same here. It's been on my mind since he jumped to the past.

Damn good episode overall, quite suspicious of the teacher but then would the producers make it that obvious?
It's really, totally, that obvious by now.
Mar 4, 2016 11:04 AM

Jun 2014
I'm glad Kayo is safe~ and I'm glad I'm not in Kayo's ship :D

NataChan said:
Well.. as the title said: "The Town Where Only I am Missing" <---- something bad is waiting for him
SeangelMar 4, 2016 11:12 AM
Mar 4, 2016 11:26 AM

Jun 2010
Three episodes left. I don't care what they say about the anime ending and the manga ending being the same, they literally can not make it happen at this point. This anime is ranked #5 now - if they try to rush to the ending, it's gonna end up #5555.
Mar 4, 2016 11:33 AM

Feb 2011
Badalight said:
Reload said:

Ya, some people need more evidence to jump to such a conclusion. Some people, like myself, even have to give characters the benefit of the doubt. I'd say good for you for catching on quickly, but what evidence were you going on from the 2nd & 3rd episode? The only evidence I can remember is the fact that he gets a ton of attention from all the girls in class. Other than that, I believe they did well in hiding who the culprit was till now. I guess lack of suspects would be this series' only down fall...

There was plenty of evidence. First of all, the most typical formula for a murder mystery is to introduce the killer immediately. It's generally the first viable suspect you see, and that's doubly so if the person is extremely nice. Who is the first viable suspect we see upon entering the revival? The teacher. And lo and behold he's extremely nice. Ever watch an episode of scooby doo? Knowing this, you will guess the culprit literally 100% of the time.

He's an adult whose job is to be around young children. He's well respected in the community and has a perfect MO. The low camera angles and the sound/musical cues from episode 2 were already enough for me to say "it's either him or he's the obvious red herring". Knowing this was a 12 episode series, it didn't have much time to introduce possible candidates. Once I got past episode 3 and no one else was worth suspecting, it was basically guaranteed to be the teacher. Not to mention in episode 3 you have Satoru exclaiming "Wow. Sensei is extremely observative!" That was a dead give-away. Also, child services is not a slow moving entity. He said he's been trying to get them to act for months. Yet look what happened in this episode. As soon as the teacher decided to take action, the child services responded IMMEDIATELY. Child abuse can be hard to prove sometimes, but it's not a slow moving process like the teacher outlined. It was obvious to me that he was lying about the whole ordeal.

The red eyes were always put on likely suspects to throw you off. Literal red eyes for the red herrings, yet the teacher was always safe from this. In a murder mystery, you try to keep the actual suspect "clean". You don't throw needless suspicion on him, so Kenya, Kayo's mom, the boyfriend, and even Satoru all got these red eyes.

Satoru also trusted the teacher way too much. He never questioned him. This leads the viewer to also trust the teacher, so that when it's revealed he's the killer the viewer is like "Oh damn! It was the person that Satoru/the viewer trusted the most and the one they least expected!". Very classic in a murder mystery narrative.

With all of that, I was 95% positive it was the teacher by the end of episode 3, and I had suspected him the very second he first showed up. Everything after that just made it stupidly obvious, and anyone paying an ounce of attention should've had him pinned after the revelations in episode 5. Specifically the Hiromi detail they threw in.

True, true. It's hard to believe the culprit wouldn't be able to hide their actions after committing the act. As for watching Scooby Doo; for the most part, I watched it for the chase scenes. I didn't realize it was meant to give the viewer time to make guesses. Also, it's not like you could figure out the reason why s/he did it unless you had the knowledge for it. No one really dresses up in scary costumes to cover up their crimes to begin with.

The same thing caught my attention in episode 3. I still felt the need to give him the benefit of the doubt, but this series makes it clear it isn't a mystery story. I may as well take back my earlier comment on how well they hind the culprit's identity. The red eyes were overused. They really only needed them for the murder scene & kidnap attempt, else they didn't have to show his eyes to begin with. Not put it on everyone to keep viewers guessing or is it possible there was some other reason for the red eyes? It'd be great if that was Satoru's ability as well & all possible criminals had red eyes from his perspective. (and I don't mean suspects, but the answer is given to him that this person will do something bad)

For me, I didn't understand why they threw in details on Hiromi. Now that you point it out it makes sense. The culprit would have to know Hiromi was a boy as the MC mentioned himself. I also caught on to other hints, but I'll stop there. We know who they all point to, but the series insists on trying to draw attention away from them. It's still interesting even if we knew from the beginning because we're still waiting for our MC to notice. After that, there's the question of what can he do about it. At the moment, we still have to see if he can prevent all 3 deaths. He doesn't have a date to go off of this time unless all he needs to know is that it happened in the same time frame. Maybe I missed something, but we'll see.
Give me at least 5 minutes to modify my post before quoting me. (refreshing page advised)
Mar 4, 2016 12:00 PM

Mar 2014
Glad it's focusing on the other kids now. I'd love if he saved all 3 then returns to the present and there's some big plot twist.

Probably not though.
Mar 4, 2016 12:02 PM

Mar 2016
oscar8784 said:
hikikoMOURI said:
The car scene was dead giveaway! There's no doubt about it now....I think the teacher's the killer! I knew it!

+ there is no other suspect

I think it's more than one person, plus the author might be making it really obvious that it's the teacher to throw you off and create a massive plot twist. I personally think there are three different people working together to abduct the children(or at least more than 1 person). You'd need a group of people to be able to cover up evidence, frame other people and collect the children. Also, the guy that was talking to the pizza manager sounded like an old dude, but the person in the park with the girl that satoru's mother saw was a young guy. also I doubt that a council official would be roaming the streets in broad daylight abducting children. AND it was only after she called her friend that she got killed.
You have the journalist (mothers friend; remember his eyes went red when satoru called him in ep2 or 3) who's job will be to conjure up stories, the teacher (homeroom sensei, whom may now be the council official...but idk, it may also be satoru's distant father or something) whom has the easiest access to children to abduct, and then the mystery guy who does the actual abductions, in the first ep he looked young so it can't be someone who was an adult in 1988 but may be someone whom was the classmate of santoru, I'm guessing the clever friend just cause I don't know who else it could be, but yeah, idk. there are just sooo many different possibilities when you actually think about it.

CAN'T WAIT FOR THE NEXT EPISODE THOUGH...but I just know that girl is going to ruin something or might get killed instead

sidenote: does anyone else find it weird that the girl went to live with her grandmother when that was the fake story they had told the children the other time when she actually went missing. idk, it's all a bit trippy, it might turn out that it's satoru that is the one behind the whole thing and when he finds out, he becomes "erased" , either that or he might be abducted and killed by the actual perp seeing as he's trying to save everyone and then become "erased", or his memory is all skewed and he's actually trying to run away from himself for being like a pedo-bear. but idk, this whole anime just stinks of pedophillia
PumbaruHiyorakaMar 4, 2016 12:11 PM
yes....yes I did

Mar 4, 2016 12:09 PM

Apr 2010
Mar 4, 2016 12:46 PM
Jan 2016
Harrymanhunter said:
Okay, let's see then. The Anime is trying to make me feel for the mother just because she was also abused by her husband? Yeah, no. Just because she was abused doesn't mean she can go ahead and do the same to her 10 year old daughter repeatedly. One-dimensional character is one-dimensional nonetheless.
But I'm glad we finally are done with the whole Kayo scenario. Was becoming bothersome.
inb4Kayodiesinthefuture

Now with just 3 episodes left, I wonder what sorta illogical things will happen that'll help Satorou 'catch' the criminal and saves his mom. I'm pretty sure the Anime's gonna end on a meh note.

Sigh, the Anime started off okay but descended into shite territory soon enough. Oh well.

The anime wasn't trying to make you feel for the mother. Did you not listen to Satoru?

"I bet those tears were out of self-pity. Kayo wasn't moved either."

The script was trying to make you hate the mother even more. Her personality is tumblr in a nutshell.
Mar 4, 2016 12:53 PM

Apr 2009
PantsOnHead said:
Harrymanhunter said:
Okay, let's see then. The Anime is trying to make me feel for the mother just because she was also abused by her husband? Yeah, no. Just because she was abused doesn't mean she can go ahead and do the same to her 10 year old daughter repeatedly. One-dimensional character is one-dimensional nonetheless.
But I'm glad we finally are done with the whole Kayo scenario. Was becoming bothersome.
inb4Kayodiesinthefuture

Now with just 3 episodes left, I wonder what sorta illogical things will happen that'll help Satorou 'catch' the criminal and saves his mom. I'm pretty sure the Anime's gonna end on a meh note.

Sigh, the Anime started off okay but descended into shite territory soon enough. Oh well.

The anime wasn't trying to make you feel for the mother. Did you not listen to Satoru?

The script was trying to make you hate the mother even more. Her personality is tumblr in a nutshell.

And why wouldn't anyone hate her?
Mar 4, 2016 12:58 PM
Jan 2016
Seta19 said:
PantsOnHead said:

And why wouldn't anyone hate her?

Don't ask me. Ask the people who thought the anime made it seem as if you were supposed to feel sorry for her.

Even the entire sad piano BGM was there for Kayo and not her mother. It extends all the way to the point where she recites one of her school essays and continues until the scene ends.
Mar 4, 2016 1:08 PM

Apr 2013
I wanted his mom to beat the crap out of Kayo's mom so bad lol
Mar 4, 2016 1:53 PM
Mar 2012
Bibimbapski said:

It's following the manga pretty well without giving too much hints away (or maybe that's just me) I think I've read some predictions from other viewers that they already have a main suspect so maybe it's obvious after all?

Even after this episode you still can't tell? Good lord.
Mar 4, 2016 2:09 PM

Mar 2015
Is it normal for a guy who's 29 years old to ask for advice how to befriend a girl? Twice?
Hey!

Check Mononoke out!
Mar 4, 2016 2:10 PM

Jan 2013
Fairly good episode, some of the character interactions were a bit strange.
Mar 4, 2016 3:37 PM

Feb 2009
I'm glad Kayo got out of that situation, and even though Satoru sounded so optimistic about the future for her, the likelihood of Kayo having to deal with these issues as she matures is so likely, and very difficult for anyone to go through...

It's weird this episode is called Closure because technically we still have 2 more girls to save, so we're not done yet lol

Mar 4, 2016 4:18 PM

Feb 2015
Still really think the teacher is the killer - but then again, wouldn't that me too obvious? Anyway still a very good episode. A naturally less eventful part in the plot isn't necessarily a bad thing. I just know something is going to go horribly wrong... And also I'm pretty sure it'll take a second season to get through this plot.
Mar 4, 2016 4:42 PM

Nov 2015
The teacher and his pile of candies lol, this episode was nice and the ending was weird

Mar 4, 2016 4:55 PM

Nov 2015
Have never thought about why Kayo's mum would abuse her. Teared T.T
Mar 4, 2016 5:34 PM

Oct 2014
Badalight said:
Bibimbapski said:

It's following the manga pretty well without giving too much hints away (or maybe that's just me) I think I've read some predictions from other viewers that they already have a main suspect so maybe it's obvious after all?

i never saw a mistery that tried so little to hide who the killer is
Mar 4, 2016 6:14 PM
Dec 2009
gabrielrroiz said:
Badalight said:

i never saw a mistery that tried so little to hide who the killer is

I think a lot of people think it's TOO obvious (myself included). So we keep thinking (and hoping) there's going to be some kind of big twist :P

Aldael said:
Is it normal for a guy who's 29 years old to ask for advice how to befriend a girl? Twice?

Yeah, this was just weird. I know that in modern day he's supposed to be kind of a misfit/awkward but that's really excessive... felt forced to lead to the candy scene and get the teacher to talk about how he doesn't have a SO...
Mar 4, 2016 6:33 PM
Feb 2016
I don't know if they are ganna rush the 3 last episodes, hopefully they won't ruin this adaptation. Hopefully they either make the last few episodes longer or maybe some specials after Satouru saves them.
Loved the episode though, made me shake uncontrollably , which I loved!
Mar 4, 2016 6:42 PM

Jun 2013
Badalight said:
Bibimbapski said:

I already know who the killer is. I'm up to date on the manga, I'm talking about the Anime adaptation. There are some people who can't tell so that's what I meant. Don't give me that, "Oh you can't tell? I can, I'm smarter than you." I already knew from the very beginning who it was. You don't get any brownie points for being a know-it-all asshole.
臭い-
Mar 4, 2016 6:58 PM

Aug 2013
Kayo's problem was resolved and the episode was becoming calm and quiet with Satoru acting to save the other victims too, until the final scene where the climate of suspense appeared again, next to a great soundtrack, the feeling tranquility left to come again a sense of anguish, increasingly this anime makes me excited ..
Mar 4, 2016 7:50 PM

May 2015
Kayo's mom is sick. What kind of mother beats her own daughther like that. Even Kayo didn''t felt sad for her when she cried. If I had a mother like that, I would have definitely ran away. These episode was kinda slow in my opinion but I'm really glad that Kayo's safe.
I really thought Hiromi was a girl when i first saw/watch him. His voice exactly sounded like a girl. The next person known as Aya seems interesting. Kayo's part is over i think. The anime is almost over too. I hope there'll be a season 2 'cause I haven't read the manga yet.
Mar 4, 2016 7:59 PM

Jul 2015
So can we pretty much say for sure that the Sensei is the killer now?
Mar 4, 2016 8:34 PM

Mar 2014
so wheres mom's boyfriend? appeared once and then gone completely for nothing?
Mar 4, 2016 8:48 PM
Aug 2015
Ugh, Kayo's mom is literally insane. So glad Kayo got taken away.

Anyone think it's possible that Satoru's dad is the teacher? Haha, it's probably not, but my brain goes to these kinds of conclusions. After all, the teacher said that something bad happened, I think love related? Satoru and the teacher also kind of look alike.
Mar 4, 2016 9:13 PM
Jul 2018
Bibimbapski said:
Badalight said:

I already know who the killer is. I'm up to date on the manga, I'm talking about the Anime adaptation. There are some people who can't tell so that's what I meant. Don't give me that, "Oh you can't tell? I can, I'm smarter than you." I already knew from the very beginning who it was. You don't get any brownie points for being a know-it-all asshole.

Those few ppl who didn't get that, they wese watching another show, not erased.
Mar 4, 2016 9:23 PM

Aug 2013
Kayo is safe now! But now he has to save Hiromi and the other girl yet... ugh I wonder if they can pull this off in 3 episodes.
This show doesn't seem like one that needs 2 seasons, so they have to pull everything together somehow!
Mar 4, 2016 9:40 PM

Dec 2013
Having finished the manga and it's rather unsatisfying end... I can only say that this episode was adapted well, though considering the future reveals, I was still feeling a bit apprehensive when Kayo and her grandma got in the car and drove away.

Satoru trying to save Hiromi and Aya now was nice, though for god sake Hiromi don't give me that face when you're holding hands with Satoru....

I don't know how the hell they're going to keep with the manga ending with just 3 more episodes left... too much content, too many twists, and not enough time to adapt it all.
HESTIAAPPROVES
Mar 4, 2016 9:51 PM

Nov 2015
I wonder if this is actually his last chance to change the past
Mar 4, 2016 10:04 PM

Dec 2013
please dont flop. please dont flop. please dont flop.

this episode was super rushed.

please just end the anime before the time skip! pray for a second season!
Mar 4, 2016 10:16 PM

Sep 2014
PantsOnHead said:
Harrymanhunter said:
inb4Kayodiesinthefuture

The Anime tried to make us hate her and yet feel pity for her by giving us a laughable reason like that. Victimizing for the sake of character development is..yeah, meh. Besides, she's still a one-dimensional character and doesn't invoke any sort of emotion or reaction from me. No character in the Anime does.

I'm merely waiting for the Anime to end and then pass my full judgement on it. That is all.
Mar 4, 2016 11:56 PM

Nov 2012
Ugh, I had no tears for Kayo's mother. The flashback was too fast to have any feels.

I have a feeling that Satoru just created a new murder case of Misato. This could get ultra complicated depending on where things go.

Overall, not much happened this episode, just conclusions and a set up for next episode. Interesting how Hiromi is addressed as a he back then as a child. He even uses "boku" to address herself and directly states she's a guy. These traps are confusing. I wonder what happened.
I believe that unless you know for sure that you don't like a concept, you should keep exploring it. Whether it be characteristics of people or a genre of some sort, you never know if you don't like it until you've seen quality work corresponding to that genre. Keep exploring until you've found something you enjoy, or something of quality. Then you know what's bad, what's good, and what isn't for you.
( ・ㅂ・)و ̑̑ Everyday life.
Mar 4, 2016 11:58 PM

Jul 2012
I'm honestly CONVINCED the teacher is the killer at this point..
The coat thing when Kayo was on the bus..
and now, this thing with the bus again.

Satoru told the teacher where they hid kayo, and suddenly, all the shit that was in the bus is gone???

I think that that candy the teacher had was going to be used to lure Aya(The new girl) too... I'm not buying that "I just quit smoking" excuse...
Mar 5, 2016 12:22 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
-Muhammad- said:
I'm honestly CONVINCED the teacher is the killer at this point..
The coat thing when Kayo was on the bus..
and now, this thing with the bus again.

Satoru told the teacher where they hid kayo, and suddenly, all the shit that was in the bus is gone???

I think that that candy the teacher had was going to be used to lure Aya(The new girl) too... I'm not buying that "I just quit smoking" excuse...

I agree. The candy thing clinched it for me. He's my number one suspect right now.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Mar 5, 2016 1:31 AM
Mar 2012
Bibimbapski said:
Badalight said:

Trust me. I don't feel smart at all for guessing who it was.
Mar 5, 2016 1:32 AM
Oct 2015
Who's the killer?!!!! This waiting is killing me!!!!
Mar 5, 2016 1:34 AM
Mar 2012
UsaraDark said:
Ugh, I had no tears for Kayo's mother. The flashback was too fast to have any feels.

I have a feeling that Satoru just created a new murder case of Misato. This could get ultra complicated depending on where things go.

Overall, not much happened this episode, just conclusions and a set up for next episode. Interesting how Hiromi is addressed as a he back then as a child. He even uses "boku" to address herself and directly states she's a guy. These traps are confusing. I wonder what happened.

Hiromi was confirmed a boy in episode 1 and it was literally a plot point that he was a feminine looking boy in episode 5...
Mar 5, 2016 2:45 AM

Jun 2014
I'm an anime only viewer but it seems like the majority of people have the wrong expectations for this series.

Everyone is saying that the killer is obvious as if the whole point of the show is to figure out who he is. I mean yeah I could be wrong but evidence says otherwise. The mangaka made it a point to make things so blatantly obvious. The viewer isn't meant to be spending a lot of time trying to figure out who the killer is.

Rather than thinking about the "Who?" you should be asking "Why?" What are his reasons for kidnapping innocent kids and killing them? What purpose does it serve? How did he get away with it?
Mar 5, 2016 3:15 AM

Jul 2014
Avaritia- said:
I'm an anime only viewer but it seems like the majority of people have the wrong expectations for this series.

Everyone is saying that the killer is obvious as if the whole point of the show is to figure out who he is. I mean yeah I could be wrong but evidence says otherwise. The mangaka made it a point to make things so blatantly obvious. The viewer isn't meant to be spending a lot of time trying to figure out who the killer is.

Rather than thinking about the "Who?" you should be asking "Why?" What are his reasons for kidnapping innocent kids and killing them? What purpose does it serve? How did he get away with it?

However, that's the kind of reasoning that excuses poor writing. "The mangaka made it a point to make things so blatantly obvious" - is that supposed to justify a badly written mystery? Erased has been marketed as a mystery, and it has been presenting itself at least *partly* as a who-dunnit mystery, with clues (like the culprit knowing that Hiromi is male) and questionable red herrings scattered about, and Satoru doing some research and investigating in the present time. In other words, Erased's *presentation* and general premise are leading the majority of people to confront the show as what's supposed to be a well-thought out murder mystery. So it's not right to place the fault with the audience. It's true the murder mystery isn't the only aspect, but it's still an important part, given the show's presentation, and Erased simply hasn't been doing a good job in this department, assuming everyone's right about the teacher being the culprit.
LightBladeNovaMar 5, 2016 3:23 AM
"Beyond the veil of cherry blossom petals blown by the wind - almost like their promised reunion -

Feelings pile up with the passage of time: once the torrent of emotions comes rushing down, what is the spectacle that awaits?"
Pages (10) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2016

1400 by bakakisima »»
Apr 23, 12:43 PM

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 17, 2016

1108 by bakakisima »»
Apr 23, 10:13 AM

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 4, 2016

769 by Jocku »»
Apr 17, 10:27 AM

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 10, 2016

900 by bakakisima »»
Apr 12, 2:03 PM

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 25, 2016

581 by bakakisima »»
Apr 11, 12:06 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.