Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Erased
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Mar 3, 2016 9:53 PM

Jun 2012
Was feeling sorry for Kayo's mom when they showed her abusive husband but that feeling changed when she fucking falcon punched the shit out of Kayo lmao.
Mar 3, 2016 9:56 PM

Nov 2015
Maybe the killer also goes back to past along with MC
Mar 3, 2016 10:16 PM

May 2012
The car scene was dead giveaway! There's no doubt about it now....I think the teacher's the killer! I knew it!
I'm probably what you call a programmer. And a procastinator. And a stalker. You can't hide from me.
Mar 3, 2016 10:21 PM
Jan 2016
Finally kayo is safe.but she left :(.Now satoru have to save the another girl and a crossdressing girl.(excited)
Mar 3, 2016 10:25 PM

Jan 2015
Onii-chan_4life said:
Maybe the killer also goes back to past along with MC

FUCKING MIND BLOW.

Yeah not much has been happening these episodes, if this show had proper pacing i would enjoy it a lot more.
Mar 3, 2016 10:40 PM

Nov 2012
that scene in the car with the candy makes me think that the teacher is the killer... but on the other hand, it seems like it would be way too obvious. i don't even know.
and that scene with the girl leaving the classroom alone in the end made me think that she may be the next target... i mean there's nothing that says the targets are always the same in each loop.
Mar 3, 2016 10:55 PM

Jan 2014
Calling it.
Teacher is murderer. 99%.

When Satoru said he hid Kayo in the abandoned bus, the teacher said "So you totally hid her in a place kidnappers like you guys should think to go huh?"
He was the adult during the middle of the night.

Fishy as fuck.
Doesn't help that he's been featured always and the reaction to being caught having a lot of candies in his car before and after.
Now watching future episodes with the teacher as the killer in mind.
NakatoshiMar 3, 2016 10:58 PM
"The one true, unchanging righteousness in the world is..cuteness! Cute makes right! All our needs, desires, and instincts seek cuteness, and it is for cuteness that we will give everything we have! That's just the way men are!" - Sora
Mar 3, 2016 11:02 PM

Oct 2015
Still it's not excuse to abuse Hinazuki in such a manner. Hope Hinazuki will be in good hands now. Sad that we probably won't see her for awhile now.

Yashiro sensei... At this point, it's got to be him right or the author is throwing us a curve ball. Being at the place where Aya left cram school and having candy in his glove compartment, that has to be more than a coincidence right.

It seems that Fujinuma is also becoming more loose in letting others knowing his plans as of late, especially after Hinazuki left, which I can foresee bits of information reaching the killer and he can then make moves based on the information received.
Mar 3, 2016 11:07 PM
Oct 2015
When Kayo start saying "watashi dake ga inai machi", i shed tears. Its so happy to see her finally saved, but sad because she wanot gonna be with Satoru anymore.

There are 2 more to save, Satoru better watch out because he can be the next victim.

And my suspicion for Sensei is high after i saw that candy lol

I just dont know what to say aymore, this is a beautiful episode

10/10
Mar 3, 2016 11:10 PM

Oct 2015
silverwalls said:
that scene in the car with the candy makes me think that the teacher is the killer... but on the other hand, it seems like it would be way too obvious. i don't even know.
and that scene with the girl leaving the classroom alone in the end made me think that she may be the next target... i mean there's nothing that says the targets are always the same in each loop.

I agree, at this point, for all we know Hinazuki and Aya are not set targets for the killer, maybe Hiromi though to make the killings more confusing. The only connection that Hinazuki and Aya have is that they both know Jun, which is the reason the killer chose both of them, so he could set up Jun, but that was in the past and I guess that can change in the current situation if the killer decides to shift his plans.
Mar 3, 2016 11:17 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
Thank god i'm not reading the manga so i don't know how it feels to know that it will be rushed.
Kinda felt weird that Kayo's Arc ended in the middle of the episode but ok.
and these people just letting it slide becuz Kayoi's mother had a bad past so its ok that she tried to kill Satoru's mother with a shovel or some shit.
DatRandomDudeMar 3, 2016 11:22 PM
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Mar 3, 2016 11:31 PM

Aug 2014
Damn!! Someone should hire the MC as a detective, because a 10 year old is finding all the clues that the cops can't lol

Anyways, It looks like we got a new problem with the spoiled twin-haired girl

Also, MC's mom is the best mom haha
Mar 3, 2016 11:47 PM
Mar 2012
Visualized said:
Calling it.
Teacher is murderer. 99%.

When Satoru said he hid Kayo in the abandoned bus, the teacher said "So you totally hid her in a place kidnappers like you guys should think to go huh?"
He was the adult during the middle of the night.

Fishy as fuck.
Doesn't help that he's been featured always and the reaction to being caught having a lot of candies in his car before and after.
Now watching future episodes with the teacher as the killer in mind.

You're just NOW thinking it's the teacher? Welcome to episode 2. Episode 3 for those a bit more skeptical, but come on.
Mar 4, 2016 12:10 AM

Oct 2015
flack said:
In all honesty, how hard is it to just add 1 or 2 more episodes without rushing...

This episode felt a little rushed. Hope they wrap it up properly.
QcK_Dagger_HeaT said:
Glad to see Kayo off safe and sound! With him protecting the others I don't think it will be as great. There was a special feel with Satoru protecting Kayo that made the first eight episodes great. That teacher with all the candy is super creepy, even if you do use it to help with smoking. You don't keep that much candy in a glove box :O . I think Satoru's Mom picked up on that as well being how perspective she is. With Satoru busy keeping the other two people safe I don't think he will notice the girl that sits next to him being alone. Maybe new target for the murder? Great episode overall

kyle8998 said:
Satoru: "Like that would -"
Mom: "You're thinking, 'Like that would work,' aren't you?"
Satoru: "Did she read my mind?!"
Definitely best mom

Exactly what I was thinking I loved that part haha.

Looking at the candies increases my suspicion that Sensei might be the killer.

Fake people have an image to maintain. Real people just don’t care.
Mar 4, 2016 12:44 AM

Aug 2008
AnnaSartin said:
Antanaru said:
Beginning of this episode was really cringeworthy. The whole matter with Kayo's mother being abused in the past and her mother popping out of nowhere like a deus ex machina felt so cheap.

I disagree about Kayo's grandmother. We've known for several episodes that Family Services has been involved in her case and naturally they'd look into finding another relative to take care of her.
You're trying to rationalize cheap drama. Grandma suddenly appearing to deliver rather worthless exposition about Kayo's mother on her knees was just a failed attempt at last minute development of mother's character and trying to move the viewers.
Ii tenki desu ne...
Mar 4, 2016 12:54 AM

Jul 2014
Antanaru said:
AnnaSartin said:

I disagree about Kayo's grandmother. We've known for several episodes that Family Services has been involved in her case and naturally they'd look into finding another relative to take care of her.
You're trying to rationalize cheap drama. Grandma suddenly appearing to deliver rather worthless exposition about Kayo's mother on her knees was just a failed attempt at last minute development of mother's character and trying to move the viewers.

Yeah, I don't see how randomly throwing in the grandmother at this point just to give some exposition can be considered stellar writing.
"Beyond the veil of cherry blossom petals blown by the wind - almost like their promised reunion -

Feelings pile up with the passage of time: once the torrent of emotions comes rushing down, what is the spectacle that awaits?"
Mar 4, 2016 1:02 AM

Dec 2015
Such a disappointing episode, that is not how one should act when someone swings a shovel at your face.

Just a few additional qualms that resonated through the episode:

From the Protective officers randomly appearing out of nowhere to Kayo's grandmother randomly appearing out of nowhere ...

Explaining Kayo's mum's absolutely shitty backstory (my daughter screwed up my marriage, hence she deserves to be beaten up UFC-style)..

To the cleanup of the bus happening immediately after telling his teacher about the hide-out...

To the uncomfortably, unnatural dissipation of feelings following Kayo's arc.

Does a 29 year old man really need to ask his mother and teacher about chatting up girls?

Why on earth was Yuuki even included in the episode?

Hiromi, are you sure you are a boy?

And i'm sure we all know who the killer is now lol.
~
Mar 4, 2016 1:25 AM

Jan 2015
5 chapters in one episode... well, nice content cutting... like 1/3 or even more is left out!!
This isn't even worth over 9.00 rating!
Mar 4, 2016 1:25 AM

Jan 2015
Xenocrisi said:
Something tell me that someone is gay in this anime...
What's with the girl at the end?

Another interesting episode.

Oh boy, you will be suprised! :D
Mar 4, 2016 1:30 AM

Jul 2014
Mustakurmu said:
5 chapters in one episode... well, nice content cutting... like 1/3 or even more is left out!!

It's highly possible Erased could become one of the biggest trainwrecks of anime lol, given how insanely well-received it is at the moment.

The disappointment and salt should be fun to see.
"Beyond the veil of cherry blossom petals blown by the wind - almost like their promised reunion -

Feelings pile up with the passage of time: once the torrent of emotions comes rushing down, what is the spectacle that awaits?"
Mar 4, 2016 1:32 AM

Feb 2011
Axernea said:
Weird ending...
Xenocrisi said:
... What's with the girl at the end? ...

If you think about it, the girl at the end had a relationship with Kayo & the teacher. It could be that she actually wanted to be friends & missed her chance to make that known or that she may have been jealous Satoru was getting more attention from the teacher than she was. Well, it seems her opinion of the teacher has changed for some unknown reason.
Badalight said:
You're just NOW thinking it's the teacher? Welcome to episode 2. Episode 3 for those a bit more skeptical, but come on.

Ya, some people need more evidence to jump to such a conclusion. Some people, like myself, even have to give characters the benefit of the doubt. I'd say good for you for catching on quickly, but what evidence were you going on from the 2nd & 3rd episode? The only evidence I can remember is the fact that he gets a ton of attention from all the girls in class. Other than that, I believe they did well in hiding who the culprit was till now. I guess lack of suspects would be this series' only down fall. At least the story is still interesting since we get to see how the culprit's actions change as each death is prevented. If all of his crimes are prevented, is he still a criminal or can he become a law abiding citizen? It still leaves some questions as least. I thought knowing the culprit early would ruin the story, but I'm glad to see I was mistaken after seeing this episode. The MC doesn't know it's him yet after all.

Personally, I'd like Kayo to visit Satoru in jail after hearing the news about his mother since it'll be a future were she survived. Of course, that would mean his efforts didn't save his mother and he's still accused of murdering her. Obviously not the best ending, but he'll have no regrets since he'll have at least prevented 3 deaths at the price of 1...even if it was his mother. I had a theory before that the culprit could be Kenya if he was aware of Satoru's Revivals and intended for him to save the victims 18 years ago. At least I had one more suspect, but that's thrown out the window with all of these spoilers that its the teacher. IMO, it's not the teach till we see him in the act. I'm throwing hints and clues out the window & ignoring all comments related to the teacher from this point on. PEACE
ReloadMar 4, 2016 1:43 AM
Give me at least 5 minutes to modify my post before quoting me. (refreshing page advised)
Mar 4, 2016 1:35 AM

Jan 2015
LightBladeNova said:
Mustakurmu said:

It's highly possible Erased could become one of the biggest trainwrecks of anime lol, given how insanely well-received it is at the moment.

Anime is so decent that people don't even know if something is left out.
Literally around 1/3 of the story...
EP 10, shit will go down, but ep 11... a episode, where people can go crazy (and salty)! :D
Mar 4, 2016 1:47 AM
Dec 2009
Mustakurmu said:
LightBladeNova said:

Exactly. People are rating the anime separate from the manga... which is how it should be. There are plenty of shows were the manga is great but the anime makes no sense, and that's not a good anime. Maybe this is just my opinion but an anime should make sense and be watchable without knowledge of the manga/game/LN. So far, ERASED does this pretty well and most people watching without knowledge of the manga still feels involved/invested/interested in the story. Thus all the good ratings.

If you haven't read the manga you don't know what you're "missing" that's cut. Nothing wrong with that, IMO.
Mar 4, 2016 1:49 AM

Aug 2015
I'm not worried at all right now as to "who is the killer", as I'm too focused on enjoying the story.
Even if that includes me basically crying each episode. This show seriously messes with my emotions.

I don't think it would be the teacher though, since if he was, and was targeting Kayo, then why would he be helping Satoru save her, which leads to her leaving and being removed as a possible target? That wouldn't make much sense.

What also doesn't make much sense to me, is that we're at episode 9, and still don't have any resolution as to whether Satoru will be able to save his mom. And where this time leap ability came from, and why.

We've spent this many episodes saving just Kayo, are we also going to be saving the other two kids?
If so, that leaves basically one episode each kid, and then maybe the final episode to save Satoru's mom? It sounds like a very rushed timeline, compared to the 9 episodes saving just Kayo.

Either way, damn this show is good.
Mar 4, 2016 1:52 AM

Jan 2015
Mustakurmu said:
Xenocrisi said:
Something tell me that someone is gay in this anime...
What's with the girl at the end?

Another interesting episode.

Oh boy, you will be suprised! :D

My body is not ready
Mar 4, 2016 1:53 AM
Dec 2009
Touka__Kirishima said:
Such a disappointing episode, that is not how one should act when someone swings a shovel at your face.

Just a few additional qualms that resonated through the episode:

From the Protective officers randomly appearing out of nowhere to Kayo's grandmother randomly appearing out of nowhere ...

Explaining Kayo's mum's absolutely shitty backstory (my daughter screwed up my marriage, hence she deserves to be beaten up UFC-style)..

My impression was that the teacher set up the whole thing (there is a moment where he apologizes to Satoru's mom for making her "go through that" and Satoru's mom thanks him because she wanted to spit a few words at Kayo's mom too). I think the teacher was in contact with Satoru's mom and had her, Kayo, and Satoru be "dummies" and go to Kayo's house. Protective services and the grandma were waiting to see what happened. Kayo's mom tried to hurt Kayo AND swung a shovel at Satoru's mom, and that was all the proof child protection services needed to move in and take Kayo.

Kayo's mom's backstory was pretty brief but from the looks of it she was heavily abused by the man she loved and was loyal too, her mom worried about her and forced her to get a divorce for her own good, but afterwards Kayo's mom was mentally unstable. I am just imagining from here but domestic violence victims often need help and therapy, Kayo's mom was all alone and had lots of anger/blame/self-loathing issues which lead her to hook up with another crappy guy and abuse her daughter.

Touka__Kirishima said:
To the cleanup of the bus happening immediately after telling his teacher about the hide-out...

Does a 29 year old man really need to ask his mother and teacher about chatting up girls?

Why on earth was Yuuki even included in the episode?

I'll give you all of this. Especially Satoru asking how to talk to a girl you don't know. I know he's not the most outgoing guy in the future but... seriously...

Antanaru said:
AnnaSartin said:

My impression was also that Kayo's grandmother was invited and came with either the teacher and/or family services. I guess she was out of breath when she showed up though...? Need to rewatch that scene.
Mar 4, 2016 2:01 AM
Mar 2012
Reload said:
Axernea said:
Weird ending...
Xenocrisi said:

If you think about it, the girl at the end had a relationship with Kayo & the teacher. It could be that she actually wanted to be friends & missed her chance to make that known or that she may have been jealous Satoru was getting more attention from the teacher than she was. Well, it seems her opinion of the teacher has changed for some unknown reason.
Badalight said:

Ya, some people need more evidence to jump to such a conclusion. Some people, like myself, even have to give characters the benefit of the doubt. I'd say good for you for catching on quickly, but what evidence were you going on from the 2nd & 3rd episode? The only evidence I can remember is the fact that he gets a ton of attention from all the girls in class. Other than that, I believe they did well in hiding who the culprit was till now. I guess lack of suspects would be this series' only down fall. At least the story is still interesting since we get to see how the culprit's actions change as each death is prevented. If all of his crimes are prevented, is he still a criminal or can he become a law abiding citizen? It still leaves some questions as least. I thought knowing the culprit early would ruin the story, but I'm glad to see I was mistaken after seeing this episode. The MC doesn't know it's him yet after all.

There was plenty of evidence. First of all, the most typical formula for a murder mystery is to introduce the killer immediately. It's generally the first viable suspect you see, and that's doubly so if the person is extremely nice. Who is the first viable suspect we see upon entering the revival? The teacher. And lo and behold he's extremely nice. Ever watch an episode of scooby doo? Knowing this, you will guess the culprit literally 100% of the time.

He's an adult whose job is to be around young children. He's well respected in the community and has a perfect MO. The low camera angles and the sound/musical cues from episode 2 were already enough for me to say "it's either him or he's the obvious red herring". Knowing this was a 12 episode series, it didn't have much time to introduce possible candidates. Once I got past episode 3 and no one else was worth suspecting, it was basically guaranteed to be the teacher. Not to mention in episode 3 you have Satoru exclaiming "Wow. Sensei is extremely observative!" That was a dead give-away. Also, child services is not a slow moving entity. He said he's been trying to get them to act for months. Yet look what happened in this episode. As soon as the teacher decided to take action, the child services responded IMMEDIATELY. Child abuse can be hard to prove sometimes, but it's not a slow moving process like the teacher outlined. It was obvious to me that he was lying about the whole ordeal.

The red eyes were always put on likely suspects to throw you off. Literal red eyes for the red herrings, yet the teacher was always safe from this. In a murder mystery, you try to keep the actual suspect "clean". You don't throw needless suspicion on him, so Kenya, Kayo's mom, the boyfriend, and even Satoru all got these red eyes.

Satoru also trusted the teacher way too much. He never questioned him. This leads the viewer to also trust the teacher, so that when it's revealed he's the killer the viewer is like "Oh damn! It was the person that Satoru/the viewer trusted the most and the one they least expected!". Very classic in a murder mystery narrative.

With all of that, I was 95% positive it was the teacher by the end of episode 3, and I had suspected him the very second he first showed up. Everything after that just made it stupidly obvious, and anyone paying an ounce of attention should've had him pinned after the revelations in episode 5. Specifically the Hiromi detail they threw in.
Mar 4, 2016 2:11 AM

Jul 2014
Lararin said:
Mustakurmu said:

Exactly. People are rating the anime separate from the manga... which is how it should be. There are plenty of shows were the manga is great but the anime makes no sense, and that's not a good anime. Maybe this is just my opinion but an anime should make sense and be watchable without knowledge of the manga/game/LN. So far, ERASED does this pretty well and most people watching without knowledge of the manga still feels involved/invested/interested in the story. Thus all the good ratings.

If you haven't read the manga you don't know what you're "missing" that's cut. Nothing wrong with that, IMO.

That's true, but that's not really the problem here. Even in this episode, people are already starting to feel that the pacing seems a bit off, with some questionable plot developments, and so the reception hasn't been nearly as good as the earlier episodes.

The point is that the anime has to cram the remaining half of the story into 3 episodes, and that's very likely going to lead to problems. Anime-only people won't know what they're missing, yes, but it'll be very difficult to adapt that much story content and *not* give the impression that everything's being rushed. The rush will probably be noticeable, even if people don't know what they're missing. They can cut stuff out, but cut out too much and you'll end up with a disjointed narrative, which will also be noticeable.

And that's not even the end of it. It's a general consensus that the last third of the story is a notable decline in quality, with only a decent ending at best (a good number think it's just mediocre or outright bad), and there's also going to be salt.

Combine all of these issues, and you've got yourself a likely trainwreck. The next episode may solidify this.

But well, we'll just wait and see, I suppose. I'm not optimistic though.
LightBladeNovaMar 4, 2016 2:21 AM

Mar 4, 2016 2:19 AM

Jan 2015
Look out we got a mad Shovel Knight up in this biatch
Fuck whatever the mom's past is, I don't give a shit. You don't abuse children.
Hinazuki-chan is leaving, she hasn't been saved. I think more needs to be done to really save her, but maybe I'm wrong.
Now Satoru is trying to save the other 2 girls. Wait, is Hiromi a girl?
Madafaka Sensei trying to play da game but it won't be easy with Satoru's mom
Candies, the Sensei is suspicious. It's perfect for kidnapping kids
Oh okay Hiromi is a MAN apparently.
No Hiromi no, just no, Why you awakening your gay instincts man?
Good episode but felt rushed, ending is gonna be rushed as fuk. 3/5
AhoNoGinMar 4, 2016 2:22 AM
Mar 4, 2016 3:07 AM

Dec 2014
Pretty good episode, Nice to see Kayo was finally saved :D

I pity Kayo's Mom a bit, Sad that she was abused by her first husband. Kayo even tried to protect her at one point. Though that still doesn't excuse her from hitting Kayo.

The Candy XD, That was the last thing I expected to be in there.

Now onto tracking down the killer.
Mar 4, 2016 3:12 AM

Jun 2013
so her mom'mom (if that makes any sense) was also abusing her when she was a child so she abused her child too hmm it's a full circle
Mar 4, 2016 3:21 AM
Mar 2012
People being surprised at Hiromi being a boy just proves my assertion that people aren't actually paying attention when watching this show. Him being a boy has been known since episode 1, before the character was even formally introduced, and in episode 5 it was a massive plot point.
Mar 4, 2016 3:26 AM
Jul 2007
If it's the teacher, it's way too obvious. And if they're kind of rushing to the ending, that's too bad.
Mar 4, 2016 3:44 AM

Jun 2011
I will be disapointed if the teacher is indeed the killer...
Mar 4, 2016 3:49 AM

Jul 2012
Can't tell if candy car scene was a red herring or actually a hint.
Mar 4, 2016 3:56 AM

Jan 2016
Ginkaize said:
Look out we got a mad Shovel Knight up in this biatch
Fuck whatever the mom's past is, I don't give a shit. You don't abuse children.
Hinazuki-chan is leaving, she hasn't been saved. I think more needs to be done to really save her, but maybe I'm wrong.
Now Satoru is trying to save the other 2 girls. Wait, is Hiromi a girl?
Madafaka Sensei trying to play da game but it won't be easy with Satoru's mom
Candies, the Sensei is suspicious. It's perfect for kidnapping kids
Oh okay Hiromi is a MAN apparently.
Good episode but felt rushed, ending is gonna be rushed as fuk. 3/5

Lost it when you put it that way, lol
Mar 4, 2016 4:34 AM

Jul 2014
If the teacher is the culprit, then Erased fails as a mystery. And then someone would probably argue back and say that this is some reverse psychology manipulation, where the super obvious red herrings actually turn out to be the truth, and claim this to be legitimate mystery writing. It's not.

Cuz if this were considered good mystery writing, then that would just dumb down the standards for actually well-thought out, complicated mysteries, with multiple reasonable suspects.

But if the teacher is not the culprit, then Erased may still likely fail as a mystery, since there are literally no good clues pointing to anyone else. So it's a lose-lose situation.
LightBladeNovaMar 4, 2016 4:44 AM

Mar 4, 2016 4:38 AM

Jun 2014
Pretty sure the candy is a red hearing.
From what we have seen, it doesn't fit the killers Modus Operandi, because he abducted Kayo during the night.
Mar 4, 2016 4:39 AM

Apr 2014
Kayo's mum and the sub-plot revolving around them is so bad. I'll begin with Kayo's mum. We barely know anything about her. We know didn't her motives the entire time up until that flashback. Even so, we didn't have enough information to determine whether or not her course of actions was logical. If they didn't introduce those elements at the end and left her merely as an abusive mother, she could have remained a consistent character but the reconnection with her mother raises too many questions.

Regarding the sub-plot, you can't just bring up a random character (mother) with no prior introduction and have her play such a major role. There was also no foreshadowing for the conclusion at all. To simply put it, it was an ass pull. I also question the practice of the child protection association
when they purposely allowed Kayo to be kidnapped so it could be used as evidence.

Also, why is he still protecting the others? Wasn't it established previously the killer only killed Hiromi to avoid suspicion in the Kayo case? The Kayo case initiated the string of murders. There should be no murders if Kayo isn't murdered. We need more knowledge to how changing the past works. Otherwise, the plot is just doing whatever is convenient.

LightBladeNova said:
If the teacher is the culprit, then Erased fails as a mystery. And then someone would probably argue back and say that this is some reverse psychology manipulation, where the super obvious red herrings actually turn out to be the truth, and claim this to be legitimate mystery writing. It's not.

Cuz if this were considered good mystery writing, then that would just dumb down the standards for actually well-thought out, complicated mysteries, with multiple reasonable suspects.

But if the teacher is not the culprit, then Erased may still likely fail as a mystery, since there are literally no good clues pointing to anyone else. So it's a lose-lose situation.

Yeah, I've been thinking this. Boku dake ga Inai Machi is focusing on side themes too much and not developing the main plot enough. As a result, the mystery aspect is very lacklustre.
dissipatedMar 4, 2016 4:50 AM
Mar 4, 2016 4:45 AM

Feb 2016
Phosef_Phostar said:
I hope everyone noticed that she said "boku dake ga inai machi".

Satoru will say that
Yolo
Mar 4, 2016 5:31 AM

Nov 2009
LightBladeNova said:

You are one of those manga reader who like to pretend to be anime only people aren't you?.... I will say that you did very bad job at "pretending". At least, please make sure that the post that you are "pretending" is not near or in the same page with the post that indicated that you are manga reader or you have known about the future content.

Also, please stop making fake "speculation" / "thought" when you are actually known everything. It's not nice for anime people. ^^
Mar 4, 2016 5:46 AM

Jul 2014
Marina2 said:
LightBladeNova said:

You are one of those manga reader who like to pretend to be anime only people aren't you?.... I will say that you did very bad job at "pretending". At least, please make sure that the post that you are "pretending" is not near or in the same page with the post that indicated that you are manga reader or you have known about the future content.

Also, please stop making fake "speculation" / "thought" when you are actually known everything. It's not nice for anime people. ^^

I apologize if I came off that way. Yes, I've read the manga, but I don't think I gave anything away with my comment that people didn't already know. So I don't really see the problem; is there something wrong with me posting "fake" speculation?

Mar 4, 2016 5:56 AM

Feb 2014
Reload said:
Axernea said:
Weird ending...
Xenocrisi said:

Badalight said:

Personally, I'd like Kayo to visit Satoru in jail after hearing the news about his mother since it'll be a future were she survived. Of course, that would mean his efforts didn't save his mother and he's still accused of murdering her. Obviously not the best ending, but he'll have no regrets since he'll have at least prevented 3 deaths at the price of 1...even if it was his mother. I had a theory before that the culprit could be Kenya if he was aware of Satoru's Revivals and intended for him to save the victims 18 years ago. At least I had one more suspect, but that's thrown out the window with all of these spoilers that its the teacher. IMO, it's not the teach till we see him in the act. I'm throwing hints and clues out the window & ignoring all comments related to the teacher from this point on. PEACE

If it turned out Kayo was saved and visited Satoru in prison the chances of the culprit being found are a bit higher, wouldn't you say? Of course, Satoru could've managed to prevent any harm happening to the girls (and boy) without discovering anything about the culprit, but I think there would be some other things amiss. The probabilty more would be discovered in this version of events is still high in my humble opinion.

I also wouldn't say there's such a lack of suspects.. maybe many are singled/crossed out for the police, but we have at least a few candidates. Some more probable than others. Some have a pile of suspicions and we know nothing about others, only that something could be linking them to the kidnapping cases.
We have Mr Yashiro, Jun's father and that dude the manager of the pizza shop was talking to. He mentioned Airi briefly and of the three suspects, he seems to have the most obvious link. I think there are many things pointing to the teacher, like a neon sign, but very little to the others, so we'll have to wait. Then again, much is still unknown and many theories will be tossed out of the window with each episode.
Mar 4, 2016 6:11 AM

Sep 2014
Okay, let's see then. The Anime is trying to make me feel for the mother just because she was also abused by her husband? Yeah, no. Just because she was abused doesn't mean she can go ahead and do the same to her 10 year old daughter repeatedly. One-dimensional character is one-dimensional nonetheless.
But I'm glad we finally are done with the whole Kayo scenario. Was becoming bothersome.
inb4Kayodiesinthefuture

Now with just 3 episodes left, I wonder what sorta illogical things will happen that'll help Satorou 'catch' the criminal and saves his mom. I'm pretty sure the Anime's gonna end on a meh note.

Sigh, the Anime started off okay but descended into shite territory soon enough. Oh well.
HarrymanhunterMar 4, 2016 6:27 AM
Mar 4, 2016 6:36 AM

Jan 2009
Ahhh good episode. Sensei was pretty amusing, too :D Loved that part.

This week didn't end up in such a cliffhanger as usual - kinda interesting.
Mar 4, 2016 6:49 AM

Jun 2013
Kayo's stupid, fucking crazy mom trying to hit Satoru's mom with a shovel that alone should land her in jail. She's giving abuse victims a bad name, there are plenty people who have been victims of abuse but they don't channel the same abuse onto their children or other people.

She should NEVER see Kayo unless Kayo herself wants to see her later on when she's an adult.

It's following the manga pretty well without giving too much hints away (or maybe that's just me) I think I've read some predictions from other viewers that they already have a main suspect so maybe it's obvious after all?

Not a spoiler but you can obviously tell that the rich girl bully is becoming a loner and doesn't have any friends around her anymore.
臭い-
Mar 4, 2016 6:58 AM

Jan 2013
Touka__Kirishima said:

No, he is not, obviously. Perhaps his parent always wanted a girl?
Signature removed. It was too good for this cruel world.
Mar 4, 2016 7:04 AM

Feb 2008
Satoru's mother truly is as cool as a cucumber...

At least the lot managed to resolve the immediate crisis.
Mar 4, 2016 7:09 AM

Jan 2016
Hitashi said:
I'm guessing he'll switch it up and go after that girl that sits next to Satoru

Yeah i agree. i think Satoru will protect those 3 and since that will change the past, the killer will end up killing another 3 children instead.
Pages (10) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 4, 2016

769 by Jocku »»
Yesterday, 10:27 AM

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2016

1398 by Layreur84 »»
Apr 15, 3:50 AM

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 10, 2016

900 by bakakisima »»
Apr 12, 2:03 PM

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 25, 2016

581 by bakakisima »»
Apr 11, 12:06 PM

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 18, 2016

616 by bakakisima »»
Apr 10, 1:35 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.