Forum Settings
Forums

New OVA Episodes of 'Fairy Tail' Scheduled

New
Mar 2, 2016 12:24 AM

Jul 2009
According to Amazon.co.jp listings for future manga volumes of Fairy Tail, three new OVA episodes will be bundled with the special edition 55th, 56th, and 58th volumes of the fantasy adventure series. Pre-orders for these volumes are now being accepted.

The 55th volume, which will be released on May 17, will include the previously announced episode "Yousei-tachi no Batsu Game." It adapts a spin-off chapter published in Magazine Special in July 2013. The 56th volume, scheduled for July 15, will include an episode titled "Natsu vs. Mavis." The 58th volume, scheduled for November 17, will include an episode titled "Yousei-tachi no Christmas."

Fairy Tail began serialization in Weekly Shounen Magazine in 2006. The manga, drawn by Hiro Mashima, has also previously bundled multiple OVA episodes. The currently airing Fairy Tail TV anime has paused its adaptation of the main manga in order to tell the story of the prequel Fairy Tail Zerø.

The 53rd volume of Fairy Tail (pictured) went on sale on January 15. The 54th volume is scheduled for March 17.

Source: Ota☆Suke
NaruleachMar 4, 2016 11:26 PM
On Moderating: Building a more complete anime database.
Spica: Anime, manga, idols.
Mar 2, 2016 12:26 AM

Nov 2011
Oh this could be fun especially the Natsu vs Mavis one.
Mar 2, 2016 12:27 AM

Jun 2014
Hell yeah.

I fear 2014 is ending in 2016 so this is great news.
Mar 2, 2016 12:30 AM

Apr 2013
YESSSSSSS! Another Fairy Tail OVA is always appreciated, I love these :3
Mar 2, 2016 12:33 AM
Jul 2018
Great news, i loved all 3 of these chapters.

Kagami_Hiiragi said:
Hell yeah.

why would it?
Mar 2, 2016 12:34 AM

Jun 2014
Epsilon said:

Kagami_Hiiragi said:
Hell yeah.

why would it?

I've heard its catching up to the manga again despite Zero airing. It would be nice if it lasted though.
Mar 2, 2016 12:41 AM
Jul 2018
Kagami_Hiiragi said:
Epsilon said:

why would it?

I've heard its catching up to the manga again despite Zero airing. It would be nice if it lasted though.

hmm true. they have a few options at least. if there's no filler after Zero, it'll probably either end mid-arc or a filler mid-arc which would suck.

haven't heard anything but i'd assume since they aired Zero now they have a filler arc planned for after it.
Mar 2, 2016 12:54 AM

Dec 2013
Sounds like fun. More OVAs are always great to hear.
Mar 2, 2016 1:52 AM

Oct 2015
Kagami_Hiiragi said:
Epsilon said:

why would it?

Well they can do the same as they did with FT Zero adding some original material into each episode so 1chapter=1episode, since most the time we had 2chapters=1episode and well atm there is like 60chapters to adapt thats 30episodes so thats for 7months of airing if they started right now but FT Zero gonna run this whole march and they probably gonna put some filler episodes here and there or even a filler arc. So yeh i wouldnt exactly worry about it.
Anyway on topic always great news for some extra episodes of FT :))
Mar 2, 2016 1:59 AM

Apr 2013
I actually wouldn't mind a filler arc in between, but please don't change the pacing... I don't want a mess like One Piece is right now >.<
Mar 2, 2016 2:43 AM

Jan 2012
Funimation really needs to eventually get all these OVAs into a set someday. There's gotta be at least 10 of them by now. And some of their Fairy Tail sets only have 11 episodes on them anyway...again, maybe someday. :(
Mar 2, 2016 3:10 AM

Jun 2014
BlackPoint said:
Kagami_Hiiragi said:

Well they can do the same as they did with FT Zero adding some original material into each episode so 1chapter=1episode, since most the time we had 2chapters=1episode and well atm there is like 60chapters to adapt thats 30episodes so thats for 7months of airing if they started right now but FT Zero gonna run this whole march and they probably gonna put some filler episodes here and there or even a filler arc. So yeh i wouldnt exactly worry about it.

I thought Zero was only going to be a cour. I never read Zero.. so your confident Zero will be at least 24 episodes?
Mar 2, 2016 4:51 AM

Oct 2015
Kagami_Hiiragi said:
BlackPoint said:

I thought Zero was only going to be a cour. I never read Zero.. so your confident Zero will be at least 24 episodes?

Zero is 1 cour it has 13chapters and each chapter had 1episode with some original stuff so the episode would be 20min~ long, so as said Zero gonna end this month and with april they gonna probably move on with the FT main story again unless they put some more filler episodes or even a filler arc to buy some more time or as said too they gonna make few episodes 1chapter=1episode and add some original stuff to it.
P.S i dont read the manga either i simply checked how many chapters each of em got and how much isnt animated yet thats all^^ Well for Zero i checked abit more too see how many episodes we would have thats why i noticed that they put quite some original stuff into thoose episodes when checked the Zero manga :)

animefan8800 said:
Funimation really needs to eventually get all these OVAs into a set someday. There's gotta be at least 10 of them by now. And some of their Fairy Tail sets only have 11 episodes on them anyway...again, maybe someday. :(

http://myanimelist.net/anime/9982/Fairy_Tail_OVA so far there are only 5 OVAs
Mar 2, 2016 6:49 AM

Jan 2015
It'll probably end after the zeref flash back, or zeref's meeting with A, and a to be continued at the end like last time
Mar 2, 2016 7:04 AM

Sep 2013
OK I guess, I'll watch them.
Mar 2, 2016 7:14 AM
Sep 2012
The Fairy Tail OVAs are probably the best OVAs ive seen. I just remember them being absolutely hilarious. If they can keep the quality, these will be worth looking forward to.
Mar 2, 2016 8:03 AM

May 2014
Kagami_Hiiragi said:
Epsilon said:

why would it?

Well also the manga is nearing completion. It's currently on it's final arc, or second to final arc. Hopefully it's final arc because literally not ending it this arc wouldn't make any sense.
Mar 2, 2016 9:29 AM

Jan 2012
BlackPoint said:
Kagami_Hiiragi said:

Zero is 1 cour it has 13chapters and each chapter had 1episode with some original stuff so the episode would be 20min~ long, so as said Zero gonna end this month and with april they gonna probably move on with the FT main story again unless they put some more filler episodes or even a filler arc to buy some more time or as said too they gonna make few episodes 1chapter=1episode and add some original stuff to it.
P.S i dont read the manga either i simply checked how many chapters each of em got and how much isnt animated yet thats all^^ Well for Zero i checked abit more too see how many episodes we would have thats why i noticed that they put quite some original stuff into thoose episodes when checked the Zero manga :)

animefan8800 said:

http://myanimelist.net/anime/9982/Fairy_Tail_OVA so far there are only 5 OVAs

Plus these 3 so 8 then, close enough.
Mar 2, 2016 11:50 AM

Oct 2013
Oh yes!
More OVA of Fairy Tail are sure to pleasure meXD
Hopefully the second movie will come out soon enough:)

More topics from this board

» 'Yuri!!! on Ice: Ice Adolescence' Anime Movie Cancels Production ( 1 2 )

DatRandomDude - Apr 18

97 by Nanaca »»
2 minutes ago

» Manga 'Ninja to Koroshiya no Futarigurashi' Gets Anime

Vindstot - Yesterday

22 by Piromysl »»
37 minutes ago

» Original Anime Movie 'A New Dawn' Announced for 2025

DatRandomDude - 9 hours ago

0 by DatRandomDude »»
9 hours ago

» 'Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou' Season 3 Unveils Additional Cast, First Promo

Hyperion_PS - Apr 21

2 by BankaiGoku »»
Apr 22, 11:26 PM

» TAAF 2024 Anime of the Year Winners Announced

Snow - Apr 19

10 by malvarez1 »»
Apr 22, 8:38 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.