Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Feb 27, 2016 2:11 AM
Jan 2016
But here was my main one: If Saitama punched himself seriously, would he die? I kind of think he would but I'm not really sure. I mean he is pretty much unbreakable but at the same time, even if it has taken more than one punch to beat a few of his enemies, the punch has always prevailed :D

What do you think, would that even work? Are there any otherways he could die in his universe? ALSO, who would be the best character (from any universe) to take on Saitama and win?

I'd love to get a discussion going especially about the last question ^_^!
TyrelFeb 27, 2016 2:52 AM
Feb 27, 2016 2:13 AM

Mar 2015
dude, there are many character than can wipe galaxies existance as easy as flipping hand. lOl.
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Feb 27, 2016 2:14 AM

Dec 2015
Im not even gonna bother answering .-.
Sorry dude
Feb 27, 2016 2:17 AM
Jun 2015
i feel like the punch just wouldn't kill him. i just feel like his defense is just what makes him so powerful, never feeling pain and never really showing any hurt. But as far as someone who could beat saitama I feel like light from deathnote would be the best choice hahaha. i mean i think the deathnote would work on him right :P?
Feb 27, 2016 2:18 AM

Aug 2015
If you want an all out war between fanboys and haters this is the right way
They said to be yourself, but then they judge you...
Feb 27, 2016 2:19 AM

Nov 2013
An eraser will do the job neg diff...
Feb 27, 2016 2:20 AM

Nov 2014
1. Find a character that can go back in time
2. go back in time and kill
3. profit

Feb 27, 2016 2:23 AM
Jan 2016
Robiiii said:
Im not even gonna bother answering .-.
Sorry dude

Haha sorry man. I should of been more specific since there's so many people who could kill him :P. Who would you want to watch vs saitama?
Feb 27, 2016 2:24 AM
Jan 2016
AzureDaora said:
1. Find a character that can go back in time
2. go back in time and kill
3. profit

OH SNAP! That would be so cool! But I think the character would have to be able to fight as well, because even businessman Saitama was kind of a tank :P I wonder what baby saitama would have been like though :/
Feb 27, 2016 2:38 AM

Feb 2015
Frieza would win against him, since he'd just destroy the planet they're fighting on. Frieza can survive in outer-space, while Saitama cannot.
Feb 27, 2016 2:44 AM

Feb 2013
the green hair girl can just use telekinesis so opm cannot reach to punch her
Feb 27, 2016 2:47 AM

Sep 2014
Simple...It will be Papa Smurf who gonna destroys Saitama, and in the same time, Sangoku, Superman and every overpowered characters in fiction history.
Feb 27, 2016 9:00 PM

Feb 2016
well, it's a paradox in the end
but other than himself (maybe) nothing can kill or even hurt him B)
Feb 27, 2016 9:01 PM
Jan 2013
For that you need a Half Punch Man

He beats his enemies with half a punch
gone bai bai
Feb 27, 2016 9:02 PM

Nov 2014
Mkim said:
Why not just Stare Man?

Feb 27, 2016 9:03 PM
Jan 2013
ExTamplier said:
Mkim said:
Why not just Stare Man?
awwwwwww shieeeeat
Now that's a whole new level
gone bai bai
Feb 27, 2016 9:47 PM

Oct 2014
One Punch Man can throw punches which can destroy pretty much any foe in a single punch. I don't believe there is anything saying that he is invincible as essentially his sword is his shield. Any immortal character, Ban for example, could probably tire Saitama out by fighting him without being in any danger. They could then go in for the kill.

Alternatively, Saitama's punches are already confirmed to be stronger than his own armor so if he punched himself with the intent to kill or if he found a parallel universe version of himself then his death would also be possible that way.
Feb 27, 2016 10:02 PM

Mar 2015
He can't breath in space, afaik that should be enough to kill him. Manga or webcomic readers confirm please.
Feb 28, 2016 2:28 PM

Jan 2015
Doomdoctor said:
He can't breath in space, afaik that should be enough to kill him. Manga or webcomic readers confirm please.

He was holding his breath in space in both the anime and manga (the moon scene is excluded from the webcomic).

Many characters could make Saitama look like a chump, this shouldn't be a topic.
Feb 28, 2016 8:37 PM

Mar 2015
luvaokii said:
Doomdoctor said:

He was holding his breath in space in both the anime and manga (the moon scene is excluded from the webcomic).

Many characters could make Saitama look like a chump, this shouldn't be a topic.

Yeah, but for how long?
Feb 28, 2016 10:29 PM

Jan 2015
Doomdoctor said:
luvaokii said:

Yeah, but for how long?

In real time, he was holding his breath for around fifteen or so seconds before landing back on Earth.
Feb 29, 2016 12:01 AM

Nov 2015
You people misunderstood the space scene. It was there to show that he doesn't need to breathe at all because he has no limits. Holding your breathe in space don't do anything. He only hold his breathe because he thought it was the right thing to do because he is not even aware he has no limits.
Feb 29, 2016 12:13 AM

Aug 2015
Accelerator might beat him

Feb 29, 2016 12:16 AM

Dec 2015
Accelerator2016 said:

*Looks at name*
*Looks at post*
Well, no wonder why you think he could beat him. :)
Feb 29, 2016 12:27 AM

Jun 2015
OkabeSenpai said:
But as far as someone who could beat saitama I feel like light from death note would be the best choice hahaha. i mean i think the death note would work on him right :P?

I'd also probably go with this one.

set by secret santa ; thank you! ily ♥️
Mar 7, 2016 9:24 PM
Mar 2016
there would be a few possibilities to win against OPM

1. Goku can teleport himself and OPM into space to die (Goku can survive in space right?)

2. Superman should be able to contain him in the phantom zone.

3. Thor might win if using magic, guessing magic might harm OPM just like magic harms Superman.
Mar 9, 2016 1:38 AM

Apr 2015
he can just punch and kill people with it. but there are so much characters out there that can destroy just about anything and also can erase saitama's existence or something.
Mar 9, 2016 7:49 AM

Oct 2013
He can't die in that universe, which sucks.
Mar 11, 2016 10:20 AM

Mar 2016
I don't think Saitama could die if he punches himself...he did hit himself when he was trying to kill the fly.
Mar 11, 2016 10:41 AM

Jun 2013
Rimpey said:
Accelerator2016 said:

*Looks at name*
*Looks at post*
Well, no wonder why you think he could beat him. :)

This came to my mind as well, and there is a good reason. He is able to reverse all vectors, right? Basically, it's a question if Saitama can kill himself with his punch.
Ad Astra Per Aspera
Mar 11, 2016 7:05 PM
Mar 2015
Just use death note
Mar 24, 2016 10:58 AM

Oct 2008
tachymetry said:

1. Goku can teleport himself and OPM into space to die (Goku can survive in space right?)

3. Thor might win if using magic, guessing magic might harm OPM just like magic harms Superman.

Since you involved DC universe (Superman)...I'm gonna involve MARVEL universe also (Thor).
Thanos can be a good match to Saitama...since Thanos is basically: "Avatar of Death".
and on MARVEL universe, when it comes to one-on-one match-up, NO ONE is a match to Thanos (even without his godlike I.G.) [i heard that on the comics Thanos can be brought down without his I.G. if teamed-up by everyone]
matias067Mar 24, 2016 11:08 AM

Mar 27, 2016 10:56 AM
Mar 2016
matias067 said:
tachymetry said:

Since you involved DC universe (Superman)...I'm gonna involve MARVEL universe also (Thor).
Thanos can be a good match to Saitama...since Thanos is basically: "Avatar of Death".
and on MARVEL universe, when it comes to one-on-one match-up, NO ONE is a match to Thanos (even without his godlike I.G.) [i heard that on the comics Thanos can be brought down without his I.G. if teamed-up by everyone]

but he isn't the avatar of death.
he is just a very very strong mortal.
he might have superior durability and longevity.
but thanos =/= death.
he is however the teacher's pet of death (lady death in the marvel universe).
from what i can gather from OPM webcomic saitama has broken his limiter which is why he is so powerful, what does that exactly means is still up for interpretation but from what we can see currently Saitama would be all powerful against most mortals so maybe saitama = thanos = darksied ....maybe just maybe cause higher up than that are comic avatars like death, infinity, eternity, etc. which i don't think can be defeated.
Mar 30, 2016 12:15 AM

Oct 2008
tachymetry said:
matias067 said:

but he isn't the avatar of death.
he is just a very very strong mortal.
he might have superior durability and longevity.
but thanos =/= death.
he is however the teacher's pet of death (lady death in the marvel universe).
from what i can gather from OPM webcomic saitama has broken his limiter which is why he is so powerful, what does that exactly means is still up for interpretation but from what we can see currently Saitama would be all powerful against most mortals so maybe saitama = thanos = darksied ....maybe just maybe cause higher up than that are comic avatars like death, infinity, eternity, etc. which i don't think can be defeated.

you got it right there!
+1

Mar 30, 2016 2:28 AM

Aug 2014
all these people missing where the op said "in his [saitama's] universe" lol
Mar 30, 2016 2:55 AM

Nov 2012
Do more training than Saitama did. 101 push ups should do the trick.
Mar 30, 2016 3:03 AM

Oct 2009
Yaoi ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Mar 30, 2016 6:10 PM
Jul 2015
He-Man (Can Go Hit-to-Hit with Pre-Crisis Superman) - He-Man and The Masters of The Universe

Izayoi Sakamaki (Can Destroy Stars and Negate Special Powers) - Problem Children are Coming from Another World, aren't they? & Last Embryo

The Sentry (Has Nearly Unlimited Power) - Marvel Comics

Son Goku (Can Easily Destroy a Solar System) - Dragon Ball & Dragon Ball Super

Superman (Has Nearly Unlimited Power) - DC Comics

Supreme (Has Nearly Unlimited Power) - Image Comics
It's Simply Awesome.
Mar 30, 2016 6:13 PM

Jan 2009
Kumagawa - http://myanimelist.net/character/36753/Misogi_Kumagawa
his ability is all fiction turning anything into nothing even his death so he can turn One Punch Man into nothing
May 4, 2016 1:50 PM
Apr 2016
MyManPookie said:
But here was my main one: If Saitama punched himself seriously, would he die? I kind of think he would but I'm not really sure. I mean he is pretty much unbreakable but at the same time, even if it has taken more than one punch to beat a few of his enemies, the punch has always prevailed :D

What do you think, would that even work? Are there any otherways he could die in his universe? ALSO, who would be the best character (from any universe) to take on Saitama and win?

I'd love to get a discussion going especially about the last question ^_^!

I'm going to humour you lol. Saitama needs to be able to punch you to win. The way to beat him is to stay on the outside of his reach and use long ranch attacks. The opponent in question will need to match his speed and be strategic or they need to keep their distance. Tatsumaki and Sweet Mask might be able to beat him.
Oct 2, 2016 1:48 AM
Oct 2016
*Cough* Shigeo Kageyama (Mob Psycho 100) * Cough* search him. *cough*
Sep 15, 2018 8:03 AM
Sep 2018
Oh my god, you guys! Just prevent him from eating anything and he’ll die! He is an organism after all. God, why else would he buy stuff to eat. Besides, you can’t hold your breath in space, since it would already be gone, so Saitama can live in space. The only problem would be the energy source. He gets it from food, so just take away his food source and he will probably starve to death.

More topics from this board

» Live Action Movie gets new writers (Rick and Morty writer and creator)

OvergrownRover - Apr 14

1 by OvergrownRover »»
Apr 14, 4:07 PM

Poll: » One Punch Man Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 20, 2015

986 by larryfirst »»
Mar 28, 5:27 AM

Poll: » One Punch Man Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 25, 2015

337 by Mobesho-SAN »»
Mar 18, 12:48 PM

Poll: » One Punch Man Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 6, 2015

791 by Jiborjas »»
Mar 13, 8:22 PM

Poll: » One Punch Man Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Mills - Oct 17, 2015

430 by Xerreth »»
Mar 13, 6:22 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.