Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Feb 25, 2016 4:51 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ah, Mikoto survived. Not surprising but I guess she just experienced something that will strike on her mind for a bit.

I'm actually somewhat surprised that she doesn't have much wounds on her after being thrown off like 50 feet. WNot bad for action this week, I think the show is putting some effort into the aerial combat sequences. (kind of like a dogfight) Mikoto's role impressed me there.

Aion is such a strange character imo with connection to events of the past, present, future, and their world.
Feb 25, 2016 4:54 AM

Nov 2007
Yoshino-san's character is like... how to say... broadcast? Quiet girl is so sudden about how to make sure if the kekkai girl is alive. Past-seer used his power in front of everyone. Everyone is going to find her.

She's trapped in the enemy's ship. So that man with the glasses that enemy was fighting in the previous eps. is causing the war and from the future?? Wait, 4th reset? They want her to stop him from changing the future?

That megane guy caught KajiKaji's character's attention, though. And he's also the traveler main girl saw, and she's used for destroying the city with her destroying power.

That shining girl's name revealed, "Aion", who also showed herself as long hair guy before, is the weapon. Year 2060 was WW4 and the people started the reset project. The real year now is 8095. The group was called to participate in a part of the project.
tsubasaloverFeb 25, 2016 6:53 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Feb 25, 2016 9:45 AM
May 2010
Another decent ep, really like how they handle this adaptation so far, even though its not perfect.
Feb 25, 2016 10:02 AM

May 2014
Awsome episode
Shes alive!
"I lost all of what you could call feelings of love. They weren't sealed, so they can't be released. They weren't broken, so they can't be fixed. That which is lost, cannot be recovered." Shiba Tatsuya
"There are no regrets. If one can be proud of one's life, one should not wish for another chance." Saber
"No matter what happens, no matter how crazy things get, I'll always try to restore balance." Korra
"It's madness to let others take what's yours and accept it blindly." Baatar Jr
"Instinct is a lie, told by a fearful body, hoping to be wrong." Zaheer
"Partner in crime, partner in time" Chloe Price and Max Caulfield
Feb 25, 2016 3:57 PM

Jul 2015
Damn. That's the fourth reset... Year 8075? Seems like characters are starting to switch sides
Feb 25, 2016 5:43 PM

Apr 2015
Pretty eventful episode; nice to see Natsuhiko and the fourth reset/Aion discussed along with the guy who started it all. Couple of things left feeling lost a bit but it'll be interesting to see how it turns out.
Feb 25, 2016 7:02 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
So Mikoto's alive. Pretty decent episode this time actually.

3/5
Feb 25, 2016 7:37 PM
Feb 2016
Am I the only one thinking this episode rushed A LOT of things?

Mikoto and Natsume´s relationship started smoothly here compared to the game, like for example how Natsume made the white chick to console Mikoto who was much more reluctant to talk to him...

I disliked the episode overall. The quality dropped substantially, with MANY awkward shots and strange pacing.I feel like the animation budget went towards Setsu only haha
Feb 25, 2016 9:39 PM

Nov 2007
Other than Koharu and Kakeru, the rest of the characters are pretty interesting and aren't one dimensional. The anime has elements of mystery in it and even though the concept of the Reset isn't original, they showed it in an acceptable way. And they actually maintained an admirable level of animation and drawings up until now with very good attention to details, background arts and soundtracks.

Anyways, for the first time since the anime started I have upped my overall score to a 7/10 after this episode. I think the anime is pretty underrated. There are far worse shows airing and everyone treat this anime like a trashy reverse harem when it's not. I am glad that I gave it a chance.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Feb 25, 2016 10:34 PM

Dec 2015
The Reset stuff was really confusing. And I still have a ton of questions that I seriously hope that they'll clear up before the anime ends. Otherwise I'll just have to watch the game...

Either way, I feel like this was one of the best episodes so far. There was actual action, and it actually helped with the plot!

I really want to know more about Sorata, though >~<

"Because nothing makes one happier than being with the one you love."
~ Isla, Plastic Memories

Click my signature for my list ^^
Feb 25, 2016 11:02 PM

Oct 2011
The reveal of the reset OMG
Feb 25, 2016 11:05 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
After that amazing episode and romance progression last week we get an even crazier episode this week

All of this stuff about the wars, reset, the people with powers and Natsuhiko plus the reveal of Kakeru's dad being the traveller/some major bad guy had me like O_O

Man I can't wait to see what happens next
Feb 25, 2016 11:10 PM

Jan 2015
Ah, so Mikoto CAN do a "girly Scream". Phew, thank god
And a new hot-with-glasses Woman, how lucky Masamune.
MasceraFeb 25, 2016 11:16 PM
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Feb 25, 2016 11:23 PM
Jul 2018
It was good to see Mikoto is alive!
Feb 25, 2016 11:27 PM

Nov 2012
glad to finally see some progress in terms of story... the whole reset stuff is actually pretty interesting, curious how they'll handle it.
Feb 25, 2016 11:30 PM
Feb 2015
Amazing episode. The action was impressive and I love how the plot is developing more and more each week can't wait to see next episode :D Let's go Kakeru find your woman don't let your father take her from you ^^
Feb 26, 2016 1:11 AM

Apr 2011
Based on what I can remember from the game, I don't think Sakuya was nearly as obsessive and clingy as he's being depicted in the anime, if they ARE going to pull a 'tragic' romance between Natsuhiko and Mikoto (wahh), then they could have at LEAST let Sakuya stay likeable, or given Mikoto real feelings towards him, doubtfully choosing him in that dream state.. THAT'S not satisfying at all. tbh I'm not very happy with most of the relationship developments, but this possibility of a Sakuya(anime ver) x Mikoto romance especially bothers me.
The only thing I liked was they explained the world and reset pretty clearly, and Natsuhiko is still the best boy/awesome beyond comprehension. :b
AngelicTotoroFeb 26, 2016 1:15 AM
Ericonator said:
By definition, everything is retro since by the time you realize something has happened it's already in the past.
Feb 26, 2016 4:28 AM
Review Moderator
(。•̀ᴗ-)⌒✧

Jun 2007
Wow, I'm very happily surprised with this episode. I really had assumed it'd be a generic bishounen cast doing various stuff with very limited story, but dayum, the story is actually interesting... even though we are already reaching the end. While the cast is still very bland, the story makes them a bit more interesting as they are the ones forced to decide and I'm kind of curious of the next episodes. Well done.

Though, I'm pretty sure the Reset won't happen this time. This 4th history world will be the special little snowflake that will manage to create peaceful paths for the people without needing to destroy everything again. Otherwise, what is even the point of the series? :P And there's hardly time to do a Reset and see 5th history and I doubt there's gonna be a season about that. Well, we'll see :D
Feb 26, 2016 4:28 AM
Jan 2016
That's fast development. I thought they'll know about the truth in episode 11 or 12. Even Nagisa appeared. Kakeru's route is twist just a little, and Natsuhiko's route is begin? I'm not sure

I can't let my hope up because anime from otome game always make me dissapointed
Feb 26, 2016 4:36 AM

May 2014
Thats like 4 times our current time period
"I lost all of what you could call feelings of love. They weren't sealed, so they can't be released. They weren't broken, so they can't be fixed. That which is lost, cannot be recovered." Shiba Tatsuya
"There are no regrets. If one can be proud of one's life, one should not wish for another chance." Saber
"No matter what happens, no matter how crazy things get, I'll always try to restore balance." Korra
Feb 26, 2016 5:18 AM

Oct 2012
Whoooooooooa! I really enjoyed this episode. It was the best so far.
AND I SCREAMED WHEN I HEARD NAGI YANAGI'S LAUGH AS AION/AINE AAAAAAAAH <3 I love this woman's voice so much.
Feb 26, 2016 6:38 AM

Dec 2014
They were in Istanbul again. Funny they didnt show any turkish flag on top of major buildings.

Feb 26, 2016 7:21 AM

Jul 2009
AngelicTotoro said:
Based on what I can remember from the game, I don't think Sakuya was nearly as obsessive and clingy as he's being depicted in the anime, if they ARE going to pull a 'tragic' romance between Natsuhiko and Mikoto (wahh), then they could have at LEAST let Sakuya stay likeable, or given Mikoto real feelings towards him, doubtfully choosing him in that dream state.. THAT'S not satisfying at all. tbh I'm not very happy with most of the relationship developments, but this possibility of a Sakuya(anime ver) x Mikoto romance especially bothers me.
The only thing I liked was they explained the world and reset pretty clearly, and Natsuhiko is still the best boy/awesome beyond comprehension. :b

Never played the game but even I can see something is wrong with this Sakuya. They're literally shitting on his character. His lines are reduced to sighing Mikoto's name. Like if he was really like this in the game I don't know how anyone could like his route.

That being the case, I still don't like Natsuhiko.
Feb 26, 2016 7:28 AM

Nov 2015
so Mikoto survived, and shit went down. Nice episode tho

Feb 26, 2016 8:11 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Very nice episode. Resets caused by Aion who used the ability users for it. Mikoto and Natsuhiko are interesting together.
Feb 26, 2016 8:41 AM

Jun 2013
Mikoto survived of course
Feb 26, 2016 9:04 AM

Feb 2016
Now I am just even more confused. But at least I know who is the man in the ending. And that he is somehow related to Aion.

I am too attentive so I didn't realize there were always 9 crystals with powers but we know only 7 people with abilities. I wonder who are the 2 remaining people. ._: And what will happen with blue haired boy when they reveal him.

But I don't really understand why Koharu let herself get kidnapped by that man. And I don't get those resets (I hope they will explain them some more for the dumb people like me ._.) And there are even more questions than there were on the start.

I am just confused >w< And I don't thing they have enough time to explain everything. ˇ^ˇ
Feb 26, 2016 10:14 AM

May 2009
Wow. I didn't expect this at all. The action was great and the story actually.. makes some sense, LOL. Suddenly this anime is getting better than I expected. I wonder how things eventually will turn out ovo
check out my twitch: https://twitch.tv/slowy
Feb 26, 2016 10:49 AM

Mar 2008
itsmypurgatory said:
They were in Istanbul again. Funny they didnt show any turkish flag on top of major buildings.

I was wondering why they kept showing Istanbul. They even showed Grand Bazaar and some desserts.

Well, we learnt why. It's probably because of First World War (even though it ended in 1918 and Istanbul was conquered by Allies).
Feb 26, 2016 2:25 PM

Aug 2015
This was a nice episode and probably the most interesting one so far. We learn so much about the wars and the reset.
Feb 26, 2016 4:09 PM

Feb 2016
I can't say I'm satisfied with the episode or how they're handling natsuhiko's route it's very rushed (how could she not imagine him being sadistic whyyyy) and the hyoko seriously he made it for her since she was afraid of him to make her feel better it wasn't randomly there and that shirt grab :| did that even exist in the game or did they decide to conveniently replace the hug? Also I don't remember her putting a barrier to save them I actually remember her being very impressed with natsuhiko's mad skills but maybe it's just me also I don't remember her ever trying to escape and where is my moment when she refused to eat nuuuu are they really going for natsuhiko cause i accepted the bad end but now I think it's a Sakuya route after all
Don't mind me though just a sour shipper I was super excited for the otp but :/
Feb 26, 2016 5:22 PM
Jul 2009
Hirakoo said:
I think it's a Sakuya route after all

Yep, unfortunately I don't think they will develop any romance between Natsuhiko and Mikoto. They're actually cutting out all the romantic parts lol

She's going to end up with Sakuya. I hate that pairing but I'm sure that's what they're going for.
Feb 26, 2016 6:20 PM

Jun 2013
Goddamn, that was an amazing episodem best of the series so far!
Feb 26, 2016 7:31 PM

Jun 2008
Setsu is best boy. I wish he had his own route.
Feb 26, 2016 9:54 PM
Feb 2016
Mikoto and natsuhiko couple...fighting..
Feb 27, 2016 12:55 AM

Apr 2015
The amount of brainpower I had to use to simply understand that episode was overwhelming.
hi
Sets
Last FM
Anime List
Manga List
Clue no. 2: Somewhere in one of the pictures in my forum signature.
Feb 27, 2016 2:16 AM

Dec 2013
Question: Why is everyone talking about Mikoto getting paired with Natsuhiko? I don't see anything thus far that supports that pairing at all... That said, apart from the main pairing, there really hasn't been much to support any of the other pairings.

One good thing about this episode though was that they finally got to talking more about what the kids were recruited to do. Makes you wonder though, why the heck did they not brief each kid when they first got aboard the ship? Would it not have made more sense by going "Hi, welcome to this ship, we have a purpose for recruiting you, here's a little background, and here's your purpose in life..." rather than keep everyone in the dark about things until they start going missing, getting attacked and getting kidnapped and shit? Keeping them in the dark made absolutely no sense, especially when those same kids are suppose to make such a huge decision (i.e. how the reset world will be shaped) which affects all humankind's future.

Not sure I understand what happened to Koharu in the end there. So she just mindlessly follows the dad and had no sense to try to find the others, or to try and leave hints/messages about her own whereabouts? Not to say she's been a good heroine, but I'm becoming less and less impressed by her characterization here.
HESTIAAPPROVES
Feb 27, 2016 3:34 AM
Jul 2009
L-Ryoshi said:
Question: Why is everyone talking about Mikoto getting paired with Natsuhiko? I don't see anything thus far that supports that pairing at all... That said, apart from the main pairing, there really hasn't been much to support any of the other pairings.

We're talking about it because we're disappointed they removed all the romantic parts from Natsuhiko's route.
Feb 27, 2016 8:40 AM

Feb 2016
Wait, 8075 in just 4 resets? Do they not know that history doesn't start at 1AD? I'm confused.
All people have their own sh*t tastes, therefore, there are no sh*t tastes, since everything is equally sh*t.

A VERY LOGICAL
PHILOSOPHY
Feb 27, 2016 11:01 AM

Jul 2014
Well shit. I'm glad there was an explanation on what Reset does (still kind of confusing though).
I wonder what happened to Koharu. Is she being manipulated or something?

Feb 27, 2016 11:43 AM

Oct 2014
I had to go through 7 episodes with no clues of why I should be caring about the characters/the story to FINALLY learn something useful about what the hell was happening. The storytelling in this anime is so poorly done.
Reminds me of all that Charlotte

At least this is getting down to something.
Feb 27, 2016 11:48 AM

Feb 2013
Finally a bit of action.

No real surprises in the "reveal"... pretty much everything explained has been implied in previous episodes.
Feb 27, 2016 12:38 PM

Nov 2007
Ryuugamono said:
Wait, 8075 in just 4 resets? Do they not know that history doesn't start at 1AD? I'm confused.

First of all, there has been three resets and not four. The current time in Norn9 is the result of the third reset. Which means, the AD is repeated for the fourth time (and thus it's the fourth history).

From their discussions, it seems that all the resets have only occurred in the Anno Domini. More precisely between 1914 and 2080s during/after the World Wars. The first reset occurred after WWIV (obviously in our timeline we only ever seen WWI and WWII). This is also based on the assumption that the reset doesn't actually go to the beginning of mankind's entire civilization. I think what they really meant by resetting the civilization is resetting it back to the final segment of industrialization. The major industrialization boom in the world occurred in the late 1800 century and early 1900 century. It's the part of the history that mankind made massive strides and it was also the start of the current environmental crisis known as Global Warming. Needless to mention industrialization played a key part to instigate WWI according to historians.

So why do I assume this? Notice that Natsuhiko mentioned Bunmei Bunka which was lost in the translation as it can also mean the change of time to Meiji Era when the world was going though industrial revolution and Japan started accepting westernization.
Coronavirus.
Feb 27, 2016 1:41 PM

Oct 2015
Okay could someone explain me WHAT THE FRICK FRACK THE DIRECTORS WERE THINKING HERE???
In one single episode:
-two girls got abducted
-one member turned out to be evil
-the plot of the entire anime is "explained"
-Kakeru's dad didn't turn out to be dead
-their world is apparently in a war again

Seriously, I really love the anime and the game but this episode was just.. weird
Feb 27, 2016 6:45 PM

Feb 2016
shanimebib said:
Ryuugamono said:

First of all, there has been three resets and not four. The current time in Norn9 is the result of the third reset. Which means, the AD is repeated for the fourth time (and thus it's the fourth history).

From their discussions, it seems that all the resets have only occurred in the Anno Domini. More precisely between 1914 and 2080s during/after the World Wars. The first reset occurred after WWIV (obviously in our timeline we only ever seen WWI and WWII). This is also based on the assumption that the reset doesn't actually go to the beginning of mankind's entire civilization. I think what they really meant by resetting the civilization is resetting it back to the final segment of industrialization. The major industrialization boom in the world occurred in the late 1800 century and early 1900 century. It's the part of the history that mankind made massive strides and it was also the start of the current environmental crisis known as Global Warming. Needless to mention industrialization played a key part to instigate WWI according to historians.

So why do I assume this? Notice that Natsuhiko mentioned Bunmei Bunka which was lost in the translation as it can also mean the change of time to Meiji Era when the world was going though industrial revolution and Japan started accepting westernization.

Okay, that made sense. But seriously, I'm still confused. I hope they explain it thoroughly in the next episode since I'm starting to get a little interested.
All people have their own sh*t tastes, therefore, there are no sh*t tastes, since everything is equally sh*t.

A VERY LOGICAL
PHILOSOPHY
Feb 27, 2016 8:44 PM

Nov 2007
Ryuugamono said:
shanimebib said:

Okay, that made sense. But seriously, I'm still confused. I hope they explain it thoroughly in the next episode since I'm starting to get a little interested.

No. It didn't make sense. I am confused too, so it makes 2 of us.

Actually, my explanation doesn't add up. The reset has to go to the start of AD. And thus we have 8000+ years over three resets + 1919 years in AD (current year in Norn9). I dunno how they would explain that since there was no industrialization/civilization boom during AD 1, which makes my logic null and void. Maybe it IS assumed that the civilization starts from AD 1 like you said which makes it silly. It's explained that much that the resets happen during/after World Wars. It's just that the definition of industrialization (hence forth the earth started to deteriorate rapidly due to man made cause) is a bit odd, logically speaking, if we try to follow Mikoto and Natsuhiko conversation.

This is what happens when you reply on anime forum while following football. I apologize.
Coronavirus.
Feb 27, 2016 11:00 PM

May 2014
I tought his dad is dead but no... hes a criminal
Feb 28, 2016 9:13 AM

Jul 2009
Wow, this was actually a really good episode! Lots of information - Mikoto survives (obviously) and basically people with abilities "reset" history to try and avoid wars ... seems like Toya seems to be the most in touch with people in The World (seems like his father is involved somehow?). Yuiga is Kakeru's father which is surprising, they don't look alike at all ... and so how did he survive and what's he planning? Mikoto using her power to shield the ship was awesome :D So have people with powers existed all along? :O I mean it seems like they're needed to cause these resets ... hmm, and I wonder what they're planning on doing with Koharu? Still I wonder what the point of Aion is, and Sorata as well ... hrm. Well, I like the direction this show is going in at least :O Now we only need to know Ron's motivation ...
Feb 28, 2016 1:37 PM

Jul 2010
I really like the reveal of the time reset, didn't see that coming at all actually.
Feb 28, 2016 5:21 PM

Jul 2014
SO Kaharu was gullible enough to set fire to the whole city. is she batshit crazy or something. wtf. stupidest character i have come across in a long time
Shirayuki= Most Perfect Female MC ever
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Norn9: Norn+Nonet Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jan 7, 2016

163 by Beatnik »»
Feb 25, 2:21 PM

Poll: » Best Couple

Uchiha_Risma - Jul 14, 2021

0 by Uchiha_Risma »»
Jul 14, 2021 9:39 PM

» So Romance, what about the romance here?

samsann - Dec 24, 2018

1 by Sakurashoujo »»
Dec 27, 2018 4:32 PM

» Norn9: Norn + Nonet

iMaUtIsTiC - Jan 28, 2018

2 by removed-user »»
Jan 28, 2018 2:16 AM

Poll: » Norn9: Norn+Nonet Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 31, 2016

69 by aboghost_ghosst »»
Dec 2, 2017 1:34 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.