Forum Settings
Forums

'Love Live! School Idol Project' Group μ's Wins Japan Gold Disc Awards

New
Feb 26, 2016 11:49 PM

Jul 2009
The Recording Industry Association of Japan (RIAJ) announced on Friday that seiyuu idol group μ's of the Love Live! franchise were awarded two trophies in the 30th Japan Gold Disc Awards. The nine-member group received the Animation Album of the Year award and the Special Award.

The Japan Gold Disc Awards are based on direct music sales. Data is collated from the net sales of CD and music-related videos, including fee-based music distribution services such as paid streaming content. According to Oricon's yearly CD rankings for 2015, μ's Best Album Best Live! Collection II placed 31st overall with 138,105 copies sold through December 13.

The 38-track compilation album was released on May 27, 2015, ahead of Love Live! The School Idol Movie. Members of μ's recently performed on NHK Kouhaku Uta Gassen, an annual music show on New Year's Eve organized by the public broadcaster. They will also hold a two-day "final live" on March 31 and April 1, 2016, in Tokyo Dome.

Among the five winners of the domestic Best New Artist awards are three artists who performed anime theme songs in 2015. These include singer-songwriter Alisa Takigawa (Nanatsu no Taizai and Owarimonogatari), idol unit Ayumikurikamaki (Punch Line), and teenage vocal group whiteeeen (Sinbad: Soratobu Hime to Himitsu no Shima).

Source: Ota☆Suke
arsonalFeb 27, 2016 12:04 AM
On Moderating: Building a more complete anime database.
Spica: Anime, manga, idols.
Feb 27, 2016 12:02 AM

Nov 2007
Well deserved. μ's is amazing. :')
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Feb 27, 2016 12:10 AM

Oct 2014
great great news.
shanimebib said:
μ's is amazing.
Feb 27, 2016 12:29 AM

Mar 2012
Congrats μ's

I'm gonna miss them all.
Do you play Azure Lane?
Then please join my fanclub
https://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=74907
Feb 27, 2016 12:34 AM

Jan 2008
Well, the next money cow will be out at summer.
Feb 27, 2016 12:53 AM

Nov 2007
As of the most recent Oricon Top 300 album weekly sales ranking, Best Live collection II is now at 144,060 after 39 weeks of charting. Best Live collection I is at 159 weeks of charting. So this is well deserved.
The News Club: Quality News/Discussion (anime, CDs, manga, novels, games, seiyuu), & sales data (daily, weekly, mid-year, yearly).
Feb 27, 2016 1:03 AM

Jul 2014
never underestimate the behemoth that is love live
Feb 27, 2016 1:18 AM

Aug 2008
Love Live dominate once again.
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Feb 27, 2016 1:44 AM

Mar 2013
Well, I did never what differently from LL awaited - They're smashing the records in every section of the entertainment industry of Japan like by butter...xD
Feb 27, 2016 3:17 AM

Feb 2016
I really liked Takigawa Alisa's work on NnT and Owarimonogatari and Punchline's ED by Ayumikurikamaki, nice for them to get some recognition.
Feb 27, 2016 3:27 AM

Jan 2015
They deserved it!!!
Feb 27, 2016 3:33 AM
Jan 2016
as expected from µ's, getting awards like this is normal for them now <3 this is a proof of their mainstream success... insult them and you insult a mainstream group lol
Feb 27, 2016 4:14 AM

Aug 2008
Way to go μ's ^^ Well deserved

My Anime Lists: AniDB & MAL
Feb 27, 2016 5:07 AM

Aug 2009
Very deserving! I also hope they win at least one award in the 10th Annual Seiyuu Awards this March. Getting to perform in Kouhaku and Tokyo Dome as a seiyuu group is an amazing feat.
Feb 27, 2016 5:37 AM

Feb 2013
Long live μ's <3 they deserve everything, damn ;^;

Feb 27, 2016 5:51 AM

Mar 2014
Sayuri better be in those new talents awards this year.
Feb 27, 2016 6:04 AM

Nov 2011
shanimebib said:
Well deserved. μ's is amazing. :')

Pretty much this.

Glad to see that they won these.
Feb 27, 2016 6:32 AM

Jul 2009
Yukari_Hiwada said:
I also hope they win at least one award in the 10th Annual Seiyuu Awards this March.

They already won last year.
On Moderating: Building a more complete anime database.
Spica: Anime, manga, idols.
Feb 27, 2016 6:44 AM

Nov 2008
Muse is good, it deserves the award, it's too bad we won't get a third season and we end up with Aquors which isn't even as good as them. Was it that much of a tall order to extend the contract, they're making money.

Feb 27, 2016 7:15 AM

Sep 2012
Hoppy said:
Muse is good, it deserves the award, it's too bad we won't get a third season and we end up with Aquors which isn't even as good as them. Was it that much of a tall order to extend the contract, they're making money.
Nanjo (Eli) can hardly do the concerts anymore. She missed all but 5th live last year, she missed kouhaku which was likely a once in a lifetime opportunity for her. They've been doing it for 5 years, I think they wanted out. Every event when an anime or concert was announced there were happy tears but at the news event when they announced that it was over, there were no sad tears. Muse is glad to be done with it for the most part. They may do Anisama Summer Live, perhaps a live with Aqours but for the most part they're done. The NicoRinPana Radio show ends March 23, their last live April 1. And done. It was a great nearly 6 years! They're going out on top, their most recent singles already show a bit of a decline. It's time.

Now Aqours must take over and try to surpass them. A tall order for sure.
hpulleyFeb 27, 2016 2:16 PM
Feb 27, 2016 7:21 AM
Oct 2013
Congratulations μ's!
Feb 27, 2016 8:18 AM
Jan 2016
arsonal said:
Yukari_Hiwada said:
I also hope they win at least one award in the 10th Annual Seiyuu Awards this March.

They already won last year.

another one wouldn't hurt, would it? <3
Feb 27, 2016 8:21 AM
Jan 2016
Hoppy said:

I would not say aqours is not as good as µ's.. at least not now when they only has 1 single with 3 songs. Comparing them at this point is way too early.. perhaps wait for a year or 2 before we can really compare and contrasts the 2 school idol groups.
Feb 27, 2016 8:25 AM
Jan 2016
hpulley said:
Hoppy said:
Nanjo (Eli) can hardly do the concerts anymore. She missed all but 5th live last year, she missed kouhaku which was likely a once in a lifetime opportunity for her. They've been doing it for 5 years, I think they wanted out. Every event when an anime or concert was announced there were happy tears but at the news event when they announced that it was over, there were no sad tears. Muse is glad to be done with it for the most part. They may do Anisama Summer Live, perhaps a live with Aqours but for the most part they're done. The NicoRinPana Radio show ends March 23, their last live April 1. And done. It was a great nearly 10 years! They're going out on top, their most recent singles already show a bit of a decline. It's time.

their recent singles still top at oricon like it used to be though and muse is only been here for 6 years xD but their achievements is worthy for a lifetime. and I wouldn't worry about them not crying at all.. I am certain they will cry their hearts out at the last live
Feb 27, 2016 2:19 PM

Sep 2012
jayvee2016 said:
hpulley said:
Nanjo (Eli) can hardly do the concerts anymore. She missed all but 5th live last year, she missed kouhaku which was likely a once in a lifetime opportunity for her. They've been doing it for 5 years, I think they wanted out. Every event when an anime or concert was announced there were happy tears but at the news event when they announced that it was over, there were no sad tears. Muse is glad to be done with it for the most part. They may do Anisama Summer Live, perhaps a live with Aqours but for the most part they're done. The NicoRinPana Radio show ends March 23, their last live April 1. And done. It was a great nearly 6 years! They're going out on top, their most recent singles already show a bit of a decline. It's time.

their recent singles still top at oricon like it used to be though and muse is only been here for 6 years xD but their achievements is worthy for a lifetime. and I wouldn't worry about them not crying at all.. I am certain they will cry their hearts out at the last live
Err... sorry I meant to write 5 years then thought 6 years and somehow turned 5 into 10 instead of 6...

Their singles are high but you can't just look at the position. You have to look at the actual sales and they are down. Not much but a bit. I think they peaked last year.

Yeah, of course they will cry their hearts out at last live. If I was in the Tokyo Dome I'd bring a personal flotation device as it is going to be a flood of tears. But I still think they're happy to be moving on, able to be more free with their own projects than when they've been under contract for so long.

I'm not sure how much they were actually paid either. The other possibility is that they asked for a better deal and were told no thank you. But I'm just guessing here.
Feb 27, 2016 3:31 PM

Jun 2009
Muse is disbanding they announced it. They are not doing lives by themselves anymore. Like The anime summer festival.
Feb 27, 2016 7:51 PM

Dec 2012
They should do a final live presentation and stream it worldwide lel

I don't watch as much anime as before...
Feb 27, 2016 8:15 PM

Sep 2014
Yey! Was waiting for this news to come ^_^ \m/ they really do deserve it =D
Feb 28, 2016 3:07 AM

Apr 2012
Congrats, Muse! You guys deserve it.
"Fortress Maximus has come himself. Okay! Then I shall get Fortress Maximus to fight me, huh huh huh!"

Feb 28, 2016 6:56 AM

Sep 2012
Infatuate said:
They are well... not quite worldwide but many locations inside and outside of Japan have live viewing (not free of course).

When: 31st March (Thursday) & 1st April 2016 (Friday)

1) South Korea
2) Taiwan
3) Hong Kong
4) Singapore
5) Thailand
6) Indonesia

http://www.lovelive-anime.jp/otonokizaka/sp_finallive_lvos.html
Feb 28, 2016 8:00 AM
Jan 2016
hpulley said:
Infatuate said:
They are well... not quite worldwide but many locations inside and outside of Japan have live viewing (not free of course).

1) South Korea
2) Taiwan
3) Hong Kong
4) Singapore
5) Thailand
6) Indonesia

An asian sensation <3 too bad, not shown in my country
Feb 28, 2016 8:35 AM

Jul 2013
muse the best <333
Feb 28, 2016 10:54 AM
Feb 2015
Deserved award!! It is recognition for the excellent work of them. They have recorded their names in history.
Feb 28, 2016 11:51 AM

Dec 2012
hpulley said:
Infatuate said:

1) South Korea
2) Taiwan
3) Hong Kong
4) Singapore
5) Thailand
6) Indonesia

Shame, I would totally watch lol.

I don't watch as much anime as before...
Feb 28, 2016 2:07 PM

Sep 2012
Infatuate said:
hpulley said:

1) South Korea
2) Taiwan
3) Hong Kong
4) Singapore
5) Thailand
6) Indonesia

Shame, I would totally watch lol.
I would of course no matter what time of day or night it is on but I guess they figure there are too few of us here. A shame indeed.
Aug 21, 2019 6:13 AM

Nov 2007
μ's Memorial CD-BOX "Complete BEST BOX" releasing on December 25
Anime PV for 9th Anniversary also in production.
https://moca-news.net/article/20190821/2019082121370a_/01/
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!

More topics from this board

» Original Anime Movie 'A New Dawn' Announced for 2025

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

5 by dimidrum »»
2 hours ago

» 'Mahoutsukai no Yakusoku' Announces Production Staff, Cast

DatRandomDude - 7 hours ago

4 by Memore »»
4 hours ago

» 'Maougun Saikyou no Majutsushi wa Ningen datta' Announces Supporting Cast

Hyperion_PS - 5 hours ago

0 by Hyperion_PS »»
5 hours ago

» 'Suki demo Kirai na Amanojaku' Reveals Additional Cast, Trailer

Hyperion_PS - 7 hours ago

1 by RobertBobert »»
6 hours ago

» Manga 'Ninja to Koroshiya no Futarigurashi' Gets Anime

Vindstot - Yesterday

30 by RobertBobert »»
6 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.