Forum Settings
Forums

Netflix to Debut Original Anime 'Perfect Bones' by Production I.G

New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Feb 24, 2016 11:58 PM

Apr 2015
I think it's another average anime but I might watch it.
Feb 25, 2016 12:01 AM

Jul 2007
This sounds brilliant.

Having a director who was involved with Saraiya Goyou already makes htis a must watch for me.

The fact that he directed some of the BEST op videos of all time also helps
Feb 25, 2016 12:35 AM

Aug 2013
Bioshocked said:
Boring-ass premise, sounds like a Hollywood movie. It's probably gonna end up being average at best,

Exactly my thoughts.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Feb 25, 2016 12:56 AM

Aug 2008
They release it on the internet but are still stuck in 12 episodes format... Good job wasting the biggest advantage over TV slots.
Ii tenki desu ne...
Feb 25, 2016 1:38 AM

Apr 2009
Now this is interesting.
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Feb 25, 2016 1:56 AM
Dec 2015
Wow Production I.G. always make a BIG MOVE in anime industry.
After to be the first studio that make anime from Webtoons/Manhwa with NOBLESSE OVA.
Now they're make big project with NETFLIX.

I.G. is really busy this time, they have so many projects:
- Joker Game
- Mahou Tsukai no Yome (probably)
- FLCL Remake
- New Legend of the Galactic Heroes

It will have an amazing visual, hope I.G. delivered this!!
Murphy's Law

"Anything that can go wrong will go wrong"

Feb 25, 2016 3:41 AM

Feb 2012
N-N-N-NANIIIII!!!

Netflix ordering original shows now, hope they cashed in nicely so it looks good.

Will stay on this waiting for more info for sure.
Feb 25, 2016 3:46 AM

Aug 2008
Best of luck I.G, hope it will be at least as good as Psycho-pass ^^

My Anime Lists: AniDB & MAL
Feb 25, 2016 4:57 AM

May 2012
Synopsis looks so great. I will watch it.
Feb 25, 2016 5:02 AM
May 2015
I have a Netflix Subscription so I'll try this out.

Though, I'm glad that the series is coming out in all countries at the same time. I'm tired of American Netflix users getting the content first. Us Canadian users should also get the same treatment but whatever...

Feb 25, 2016 5:10 AM

Feb 2013
Well, the synopsis looks interesting at least,

Feb 25, 2016 5:14 AM

Jun 2014
Well that sounds awesome. And Production I.G is on the case, so yeah. Definitely will watch it.
Feb 25, 2016 5:34 AM

Oct 2014
look forward to this
Feb 25, 2016 5:49 AM
Mar 2014
Yehart said:
Samurai Champloo director?

Count me in.

He's not the director of Samurai Champloo. Shinichirou Watanabe is.

NotThisShitAgain said:
I.G. is really busy this time

If you think this is bad, you should see Bones.
Feb 25, 2016 6:51 AM

Sep 2012
Hutch_1945 said:
I have a Netflix Subscription so I'll try this out.

Though, I'm glad that the series is coming out in all countries at the same time. I'm tired of American Netflix users getting the content first. Us Canadian users should also get the same treatment but whatever...
Another Canadian here who is happy about this but I understand the reason. Netflix would always like to make their shows available to everyone but often their Hollywood content has already been sold to another provider. If Rogers, Bell or someone else already bought it for Canada then there is nothing they can do. By creating their own content, Netflix owns the whole thing and can release it however they want which is all countries, all episodes, all on the same day.

Apple, Amazon, Crunchyroll, Funimation are doing similar things. I don't know if they're big enough to make them on their own, well Apple and Amazon are big enough but are they interested enough? We'll find out.
Feb 25, 2016 8:15 AM
May 2012
No netflix here T^T
Feb 25, 2016 8:31 AM

Jan 2014
Antanaru said:
They release it on the internet but are still stuck in 12 episodes format... Good job wasting the biggest advantage over TV slots.

This. But they also do the same with TV series. The good news (for many, but not for me) is that they'll probably be released in one go, like Netflix usually does (I prefer the traditional once a week release, because this way nobody gets left behind or susceptible to spoilers)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 25, 2016 8:34 AM

Jul 2014
Max said:
Yehart said:
Samurai Champloo director?

Count me in.

He's not the director of Samurai Champloo. Shinichirou Watanabe is.

Yeah, I forgot to add that in.

Since you've quoted it, it's a bit too late to edit it now.
"Hi!"
Feb 25, 2016 8:55 AM

Sep 2011
I hate to be a cynic but I just don't see Netflix not overusing CGI for these anime projects. I want to believe they aren't half-heartedly tackling the anime industry and want to make good projects. We'll see, I'm definitely looking forward to watching this just to see what they have done. Production I.G. can make some great stuff but then again they can make some down right awful cashgrab series too.
Feb 25, 2016 9:18 AM

Apr 2014
Netfilx the the company who hoards anime for a long time?
I might watch it, because It's made one of my favorite studios.
ichii_1 said:
They should have gotten Bones studio instead, what a golden opportunity missed :(
Perfect Bones by Bones.

Production I.G. is better than Bones so they chose different studio.
Because if it's Bones, it's kinda redundant and ridiculous.
Haters always gonna hate.
Feb 25, 2016 10:52 AM
Dec 2014
I like westernized anime and sci-fi. The premise sounds interesting, so definitely interested.
Feb 25, 2016 5:17 PM

Nov 2014
what is up with that synopsis?!

anyhow when i read perfect bones, instantly thought sakurako-san...

anyhow i will watch this...
Feb 25, 2016 9:33 PM

Nov 2014
I guess this is yet another thing I'm gonna be adding to my list on Netflix. I already have a ton of things I need to watch.

Comic_Sans said:
I think they've got more than enough money to hire actual cartoon VO actors and not just people like Monica Rial and Bryce Papenbrook

Whatchu saying about my boy Papenbrook? He's the God of VO's and I will hear nothing to the contrary.
Feb 26, 2016 12:08 AM

Jul 2014
So this is gonna be english VO's? interesting, im not too fond of dubs but i'd give it a try
Feb 26, 2016 12:10 AM

Jul 2014
NotThisShitAgain said:
Wow Production I.G. always make a BIG MOVE in anime industry.
After to be the first studio that make anime from Webtoons/Manhwa with NOBLESSE OVA.
Now they're make big project with NETFLIX.

I.G. is really busy this time, they have so many projects:
- Joker Game
- Mahou Tsukai no Yome (probably)
- FLCL Remake
- New Legend of the Galactic Heroes

It will have an amazing visual, hope I.G. delivered this!!

lmao the FLCL Remake is a huge rumor, its not confirmed or anything at all, they bought the rights but thats all and nothins happened since
ZjjFeb 26, 2016 12:16 AM
Feb 26, 2016 12:59 AM

Mar 2014
TheDerpMan said:
I guess this is yet another thing I'm gonna be adding to my list on Netflix. I already have a ton of things I need to watch.

Comic_Sans said:
I think they've got more than enough money to hire actual cartoon VO actors and not just people like Monica Rial and Bryce Papenbrook

Whatchu saying about my boy Papenbrook? He's the God of VO's and I will hear nothing to the contrary.
Stahp

You're scaring me
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Feb 26, 2016 1:31 PM

Oct 2014
ow look, Netflix getting more into Anime, looks like the west will be helping out more now :)
Feb 26, 2016 3:34 PM

Dec 2012
It would make me super happy if the anime was done by Japanese voice actors. I never just can with dub anime. I just can't. Its very odd to me. Something is usually missing. If it has a Japanese version with sub then I will definitely watch it. Otherwise I would not be interested.

And no I am not looking to start a subs over dubs war. To each their own.
hahaha Naru, also how I felt when I learned how to read all my Kana. Barakamon is everything!!:'D

Feb 28, 2016 11:02 AM
Feb 2015
To me the whole idea is very good, since Netflix (or any other non-Japanese company) is limited only to finance, distribute and market the image rights outside Japan.
Feb 28, 2016 12:53 PM

Jul 2015
Nice to see Netflix taking some interest but I agree with what some people have said. It sounds more like a hollywood movie premise and plot and not an anime one really. I am also not really into the whole science/mech bio human type genres aside from the premise sounding cringe worthy so i'm not interested at all but still good to see it happening.

Netflix already to an extent showed the boost it can give some stuff. It may not have been because of it totally but Seven deadl sins got a pretty good boost in popularity once it was put on Netflix.
Feb 28, 2016 2:02 PM

Nov 2014
Comic_Sans said:

Whatchu saying about my boy Papenbrook? He's the God of VO's and I will hear nothing to the contrary.[/quote]Stahp

You're scaring me[/quote]

Announcing Papenbrook as the god that he is only stating the facts. I'm just saying, you know..

Feb 28, 2016 2:03 PM

Mar 2014
TheDerpMan said:
Announcing Papenbrook as the god that he is only stating the facts. I'm just saying, you know..

You mean the God of Ö tier voice acting
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Feb 28, 2016 2:34 PM

Jan 2011
but I.G ,if all else fails i see this looking real good with amount of budget this will most likely have or they could just cut back and do a half baked job with a ton of cgi who knows!
Mar 5, 2016 4:56 AM

Jan 2015
I have Netflix so I'm happy.
Mar 8, 2016 3:32 PM

Oct 2015
Sounds interesting, can't wait for them to get it, that will be the first Netflix original series I'll watch.
Mar 14, 2016 4:31 PM
Laughing Man

Jun 2012
Hell yeah, more Production I.G. Hopefully this goes well, and more western companies start producing anime.
Mar 14, 2016 7:39 PM
Dec 2014
That synopsis doesn't sound good.

I don't want to judge something that has not been made yet though.
Mar 14, 2016 7:46 PM
Dec 2014
starlessn1ght said:
Antanaru said:

This. But they also do the same with TV series. The good news (for many, but not for me) is that they'll probably be released in one go, like Netflix usually does (I prefer the traditional once a week release, because this way nobody gets left behind or susceptible to spoilers)

The whole point of Netflix is that people can watch what they want when they want.

I never watch airing anime though and I despise TV, I am not watching for the community anyhow.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Original Anime Movie 'A New Dawn' Announced for 2025

DatRandomDude - Apr 23

5 by dimidrum »»
9 hours ago

» 'Mahoutsukai no Yakusoku' Announces Production Staff, Cast

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

4 by Memore »»
11 hours ago

» 'Maougun Saikyou no Majutsushi wa Ningen datta' Announces Supporting Cast

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

0 by Hyperion_PS »»
Yesterday, 12:19 PM

» 'Suki demo Kirai na Amanojaku' Reveals Additional Cast, Trailer

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

1 by RobertBobert »»
Yesterday, 11:45 AM

» Manga 'Ninja to Koroshiya no Futarigurashi' Gets Anime

Vindstot - Apr 23

30 by RobertBobert »»
Yesterday, 11:09 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.