Forum Settings
Forums

'Accel World: Infinite∞Burst' Opens in Theaters in July 2016

New
Feb 20, 2016 8:55 AM

Jul 2009
The official website of the Accel World anime was updated on Thursday to reveal more information about Accel World: Infinite∞Burst. The movie will open in 24 theaters throughout Japan on July 23, 2016.

Masakazu Obara (Mai-HiME) returns to direct the movie at animation studio Sunrise, while Hiroyuki Yoshino and author Reki Kawahara are jointly writing the original script.

Singer KOTOKO and the musical trio ALTIMA, who respectively performed ending and opening theme songs for the TV series, will collaborate on the new theme song, "PLASMIC FIRE."

The first wave of advance ticket sales will begin on February 27, with each ticket costing ¥1,500 including tax. Customers will also receive a clear file folder as a bonus item. Details on the second wave of advance sales will be announced at a later date.

PV

Source: Anime! Anime!
NaruleachFeb 20, 2016 7:17 PM
On Moderating: Building a more complete anime database.
Spica: Anime, manga, idols.
Feb 20, 2016 8:56 AM

Nov 2011
Looking forward to it. I wish the franchise would also get another season in the future of course.
Feb 20, 2016 8:59 AM

May 2012
I want 2nd season, not a movie !!
Feb 20, 2016 9:01 AM

Mar 2014
It's not milking if it has my waifu in it.
Feb 20, 2016 9:08 AM
Mar 2015
It is time to book a ticket to Japan.
Feb 20, 2016 9:09 AM

Aug 2009
I was hoping for a season 2, but it's better then nothing.
d3v4st4t3Feb 20, 2016 9:30 AM

Feb 20, 2016 9:49 AM

Feb 2009
UiUi and
spotted. This movie will be spoiler heavy for anime-only viewers. Clearly this is more for those who've read the source material as these characters don't appear until later. Seeing Current as well makes this closer to the latest volumes in terms of placement in continuity. Dunno why they did this but this is basically saying to read the source before watching this. It'll be over a year before me and most people not living in Japan will get to watch this so it's not an immediate issue.
What matters is KYH and more KYH.
Feb 20, 2016 10:29 AM

Nov 2011
belatkuro said:
UiUi and
spotted. This movie will be spoiler heavy for anime-only viewers. Clearly this is more for those who've read the source material as these characters don't appear until later. Seeing Current as well makes this closer to the latest volumes in terms of placement in continuity. Dunno why they did this but this is basically saying to read the source before watching this. It'll be over a year before me and most people not living in Japan will get to watch this so it's not an immediate issue.

Didn't
make a cameo from the anime? or the OVA rather?

From what I understand, Reki Kawahara is writing for the movie as well. It's been awhile since I've read the LN so I can't remember exactly when she appeared.
Feb 20, 2016 10:51 AM

Apr 2014
Not a sequel?
Then, I Won't watch.
And Won't care this existed.
Haters always gonna hate.
Feb 20, 2016 10:51 AM

Feb 2016
I thought it was going to be a second season but turns out to be a movie.. kinda disappointed
Feb 20, 2016 11:25 AM

Jan 2014
Where's SAO? T_T...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 20, 2016 11:46 AM

May 2012
Knew it was going to be a movie for a while now, but I'm still hoping there'll be news on a second season as well.

Haven't heard KOTOKO in an opening in ages so that's somewhat exciting and nostalgic. Feel like watching SnS now lol

Feb 20, 2016 12:14 PM

Jul 2008
Seen both KOTOKO and ALTIMA live, although KOTOKO didn't leave much of an impression.

Feb 20, 2016 12:33 PM

May 2015
Oh shit, can't wait. Hopefully we still get a second season in the future though.

Feb 20, 2016 12:41 PM

Sep 2011
Stark700 said:
belatkuro said:
UiUi and

Didn't
make a cameo from the anime? or the OVA rather?

From what I understand, Reki Kawahara is writing for the movie as well. It's been awhile since I've read the LN so I can't remember exactly when she appeared.
Episode 24 of the anime and the OVA.
Feb 20, 2016 12:55 PM

Mar 2013
Hi guys!

Well, who on an 2nd season awaiting, then you should an view here throw...
Feb 20, 2016 1:24 PM
May 2012
It's
TVアニメ版も現在再放送中, though which means "Anime is being now broadcasted again" so it has nothing to do with the seconds season and the fact itself that first season will be in TV again was known for a while.
Still a shame that second season will have to wait.
Feb 20, 2016 2:52 PM

Apr 2010
Well, I'm happy, 'cause if we remember that SAO II came after the movie, then still 've hope for a second season to come!! XD
Just hope that movie don´t be like SAO's one... with pieces of the first season just to "remember" about.
#Ray
Feb 20, 2016 3:01 PM

Jan 2009
im gonna watch this for sure even if its not a real sequel
Feb 20, 2016 3:29 PM

Mar 2013
really disappointed about how it end up to be a movie :/
though will still watch it, happy it get release date.
NisxFeb 20, 2016 3:32 PM
Feb 20, 2016 4:14 PM

Sep 2009
it better that's it a movie. it wouldn't be right if they made the second season a original story.
Feb 20, 2016 4:32 PM

Jul 2013
rayssa-jp said:
Well, I'm happy, 'cause if we remember that SAO II came after the movie, then still 've hope for a second season to come!! XD
Just hope that movie don´t be like SAO's one... with pieces of the first season just to "remember" about.

If you're talking about SAO Extra Edition, that's more of a Special instead of a Movie since it's broadcasted on TV as a New Year's special, and it's basically just a mix of recap and an OVA. There is also a SAO movie coming along with this Accel World movie though, in case you missed it and I'm quite sure that will be leading up to SAO III lol but for Accel World, it might take a while since Sunrise is currently busy printing money with Love Live! and Gundam franchise these last few years.

Feb 20, 2016 4:51 PM

Apr 2010
EasyGo-er said:
rayssa-jp said:

If you're talking about SAO Extra Edition, that's more of a Special instead of a Movie since it's broadcasted on TV as a New Year's special, and it's basically just a mix of recap and an OVA. There is also a SAO movie coming along with this Accel World movie though, in case you missed it and I'm quite sure that will be leading up to SAO III lol but for Accel World, it might take a while since Sunrise is currently busy printing money with Love Live! and Gundam franchise these last few years.

Yeah, that's exactally the one i were talking about, the SAO Extra Edition. Plus, i didn't knew it was an new year's special. I just saw that was about SAO, so i downloaded to watch it. As well as i didn't knew about this SAO movie that's comming along with the Accel World's one. So, thank you for the great news!! =D
#Ray
Feb 20, 2016 5:04 PM
Feb 2016
Nisx said:

Why? another season over movie for you?
Its over 9000!
Feb 20, 2016 6:27 PM

Apr 2015
More like October 2016 by the time I get to see it released on blu-ray.

Pirated of course.

I'm excited but upset it's a movie. The story is probably going to be 'let's kill big bad guy' and done.

I'd rather a season, common A-1 Sunrise!
JkayWFeb 21, 2016 8:39 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 20, 2016 7:43 PM
Sep 2015
what the hell...i thought this was gonna be a tv anime
Feb 20, 2016 8:42 PM
May 2015
Now that the movie of Accel World has been announced. It's just a matter of time for the SAO movie to get a release date xD...God..I'm going to be old by the time SAO III comes out.

Feb 20, 2016 9:23 PM

May 2015
ikato_kiyazaki said:
what the hell...i thought this was gonna be a tv anime
my exact thoughts

Best Shitty Reviews
“Like is like a blank canvas you paint it with whatever you want (colors,blood,sweat,shit etc)”
Current Season rec : Layton Mystery Tanteisha: Katri no Nazotoki File
I am an anime OST Maniac and they play a huge role in my rating for a anime.
interested ?
click the GIF>>>>>
Feb 20, 2016 9:36 PM

Aug 2014
Oh Gowd... I just hope the protagonist has matured and everything about the anime is fine for me :3
sup
Feb 20, 2016 10:22 PM

Aug 2010
I also want a season 2, but those film graphics! I hope this gets a North American theater release. get on that, Viz!
Bum Bum Dum Dum

Feb 21, 2016 12:13 AM

Feb 2015
it's a little of a dissapointment to me. i thought it will be a tv series.
but tbh, that PV looks awsome and interesting.
Feb 21, 2016 1:01 AM

Sep 2009
It was announced as original by Reki Kawahara from the start. Do you even get that it's a stupid thing to maker anime-original S2 than you have a lot of LN volumes to adapt? So I don't get people who are surprised it's a movie.
Feb 21, 2016 1:19 AM

Mar 2013
MangaManga2401 said:
Nisx said:

hard to deliver a full length story on a movie adaptation especially on anime,
i guess its fine since its original story but i still want a continue to the show
thats not just a side story.
also i want to see more of the show characters and 1 movie just isnt enough.
NisxFeb 21, 2016 1:42 AM
Feb 21, 2016 2:34 AM

Sep 2009
Sunrise Studio 8 is busy with yet another Love Live so it's a miracle they agreed to make a movie at least.
Feb 21, 2016 4:32 AM

Apr 2012
Shelera said:
I thought it was going to be a second season but turns out to be a movie.. kinda disappointed

same here, i am very disappointed.
Feb 21, 2016 7:23 PM

Oct 2007
JkayW said:
More like October 2016 by the time I get to see it released on blu-ray.

Pirated of course.

I'm excited but upset it's a movie. The story is probably going to be 'let's kill big bad guy' and done.

I'd rather a season, common A-1!

A-1 isn't Sunrise even though they spun off from them and thank god for that.
Nachtwandler_21 said:
Sunrise Studio 8 is busy with yet another Love Live so it's a miracle they agreed to make a movie at least.

I'm still going with my theory that the reason this got made is because they agree to allow it to be an anime original and a movie thus fulfilling the apparent conditions necessary for Sunrise to do any actual work post 2013. TV anime is overrated as a medium and prone to schedule hangups and skullduggery so I almost prefer it this way. The idea of Kuroyukihime in movie quality animation strikes me as an acceptable one.
Feb 21, 2016 9:07 PM
Feb 2016
Nisx said:
MangaManga2401 said:

i guess its fine since its original story but i still want a continue to the show

Fair enough. I agree with that, plus i like it better when i get to watch it peice by peice in episode form or have the option to binge watch it and take a break after each episode and not be right in the middle of a story line or anything
Its over 9000!
Feb 22, 2016 1:57 AM

Mar 2013
MangaManga2401 said:
Nisx said:

Fair enough. I agree with that, plus i like it better when i get to watch it peice by peice in episode form or have the option to binge watch it and take a break after each episode and not be right in the middle of a story line or anything

at least we get to hear the battle theme in action again, 1 of my favorites :)

NisxFeb 22, 2016 2:32 AM
Feb 22, 2016 5:59 AM
May 2012
Still haven't watched the TV series after all these years.
Feb 22, 2016 3:37 PM
Feb 2016
Nisx said:
MangaManga2401 said:

at least we get to hear the battle theme in action again, 1 of my favorites :)

So awesome and so well done, i have it saved on my phone lol
Its over 9000!
Mar 13, 2016 9:37 AM

Feb 2015
I am really looking forward to this.
Can't wait to see KYH again <3 she's a true beauty!
Mar 13, 2016 10:28 AM

Dec 2012
Might watch it. I remember thinking AW had a lot of potential but it was brought down by it's two leads.

More topics from this board

» 'Maougun Saikyou no Majutsushi wa Ningen datta' Announces Supporting Cast

Hyperion_PS - 46 minutes ago

0 by Hyperion_PS »»
46 minutes ago

» 'Mahoutsukai no Yakusoku' Announces Production Staff, Cast

DatRandomDude - 3 hours ago

3 by trinitroglycerin »»
55 minutes ago

» 'Suki demo Kirai na Amanojaku' Reveals Additional Cast, Trailer

Hyperion_PS - 2 hours ago

1 by RobertBobert »»
1 hour ago

» Manga 'Ninja to Koroshiya no Futarigurashi' Gets Anime

Vindstot - Yesterday

30 by RobertBobert »»
2 hours ago

» Original Anime Movie 'A New Dawn' Announced for 2025

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

3 by Etherius_ZS »»
4 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.