Forum Settings
Forums
New
Feb 17, 2016 11:41 AM

Jan 2015
Hello!

My suggestion is that we should be able to add the status 'completed' without every episode from an anime or chapter form a manga.
The main reason M'm using MAL instead of a notepad or excel is so that I can see the total days and episodes -tho this is easy with excell too-.
Lets say there is naruto, which is 40% fillers, and i don't want to watch them. It would really really bother me to have the full episodes of naruto on my list, if I didn't watch 40% of it. Same goes for deducing the amount of episodes I didn't watch, but having the anime as a 'watching' or etc. status.
Adding it as a tag that I didn't watch x, y episodes won't work either since the episodes would still add on my list.

OR starting a manga/anime, after watching/reading its counterpart, and the user doesn't wants to start from the beginning.

Now for what could go wrong/amount of work?
I doubt it would be much work since the only thing which needs to be done is allowing users to have an anime/manga completed without the maximum amount of chapters/episodes.

Please consider this, would make the site better.

Regards.
Feb 17, 2016 1:41 PM

Nov 2014
Yeah, just add it. You don't need to be so honest/humble not like anybody bats an eye.
Feb 17, 2016 1:42 PM

Sep 2009
You can change the chapters number after selecting completed (selecting completed will change the chapter number, but you can change it afterwards)
Be thankful for the wisdom granted to you.
Feb 18, 2016 1:06 AM

Jan 2015
Delenai said:
Yeah, just add it. You don't need to be so honest/humble not like anybody bats an eye.

It's not about being honest, but it bothers me that my stats are wrong, and thats the reason i'm using this site.

@Eucli
@MortalMelancholy

Thank you, it works, didn't think about that:O Maybe because so far I only needed the feature with anime/manga I didn't finish yet. But I can just change it when its completed so that's fine.

Thanks for the aswers :)

EDIT: After experimenting a bit, when I do what you said, It counts the amount of episodes I saw on the total episode list, however if I go on my list it still shows the full number of episodes for the anime.
E.g I put in 150 episodes for naruto, it showed 220, BUT it was behind KHR on the list which is 203 episodes. This little bug should be fixed, that it shows the full number, then it would be perfect.
BestBoiErenFeb 18, 2016 1:13 AM
Feb 18, 2016 11:14 AM

Jun 2008
Just add to completed and pretend that you acutally watched every episode.
Feb 18, 2016 11:48 AM

Jan 2015
Chibi-Alice said:

But im using MAL to know how many days/ep i spent on anime... whats the point of doing that?..
Feb 18, 2016 12:00 PM

Apr 2014
SkullProX said:
Chibi-Alice said:

But im using MAL to know how many days/ep i spent on anime... whats the point of doing that?..

Nah, That counter on your list wasn't accurate, so why bother?
Haters always gonna hate.
Feb 18, 2016 12:03 PM
Feb 2016
SkullProX said:
Chibi-Alice said:

SkullProX said:
Chibi-Alice said:

Yah, It would be better if you could see how much time you spend on anime, that way if someone claims to know more about a specific series you can see they only spent a couple of hours and cant really judge the anime yet
Its over 9000!
Feb 19, 2016 6:42 AM

Jan 2015
@Rayzer
What's not accurate? I believe it can add the number of episodes, and multiple them by the length to get the day.
Feb 20, 2016 7:00 AM

Apr 2014
SkullProX said:

What's not accurate? I believe it can add the number of episodes, and multiple them by the length to get the day.

Let's say an episode was 24 minutes long.
But you don't really watch it for 24 minutes since you pause or skip.
Well, Unless you are watching on a TV broadcast.
Feb 20, 2016 7:40 AM

Jan 2015
Rayzer said:
SkullProX said:

Well, usually I don't pause it, but even if I pause it, I do something ELSE in that time, and the time i spend on anime is really only 24 minutes. Even if i go eat in a middle of an episode, that time is not spent on anime, so it is accurate..
Feb 20, 2016 7:44 AM

Jun 2014
SkullProX said:
Rayzer said:

Well, usually I don't pause it, but even if I pause it, I do something ELSE in that time, and the time i spend on anime is really only 24 minutes. Even if i go eat in a middle of an episode, that time is not spent on anime, so it is accurate..

So you've watched the opening and ending of every episode of anime you've ever seen without skipping at least once?
Feb 20, 2016 7:59 AM

Apr 2014
@SkullProX,
You sure? Man you are amazing. You understand whatever you are watching instantly huh?
Because It usually take 30 minutes for me to watch a 24 minutes long episode.
It's because I read the subtitle, whenever the dialog was short or fast and the subtitle was long.
Ein said:
SkullProX said:

So you've watched the opening and ending of every episode of anime you've ever seen without skipping at least once?

Exactly my point.
Feb 20, 2016 8:11 AM

Jan 2015
@Ein @Rayzer
Yes, I watch all of them... its part of the series..
Feb 20, 2016 8:48 AM

Apr 2014
SkullProX said:
@Ein @Rayzer

Yes, for you, but this site is not just for you.
It should be a suggestion that many users would benefit on it.
Feb 20, 2016 9:43 AM
Jul 2018
Calculate how many episodes of something you've seen and set the number of episodes watched as this value, then simply set it as completed. MAL stats will still count this entry as completed and the number of episodes seen will still contribute to the total number of episodes watched.

As far as I'm aware, the MALGraph may have some problems with calculating the average time spent on watching a specific genre if something of this kind occurs, but there really isn't a lot we can do about it here.
Feb 20, 2016 11:25 AM

Jan 2015
Recuvan said:
Calculate how many episodes of something you've seen and set the number of episodes watched as this value, then simply set it as completed. MAL stats will still count this entry as completed and the number of episodes seen will still contribute to the total number of episodes watched.

As far as I'm aware, the MALGraph may have some problems with calculating the average time spent on watching a specific genre if something of this kind occurs, but there really isn't a lot we can do about it here.

I tried it out, but even tho it ranked the series at the correct place if i put my list in order of episodes, and it added the correct value, it still showed the full amount of episodes on the list. Thats the only problem :/
Feb 20, 2016 11:26 AM

Jan 2015
Rayzer said:
SkullProX said:
@Ein @Rayzer

Yes, for you, but this site is not just for you.
It should be a suggestion that many users would benefit on it.

I don't know how does this suggestion harm anyone in the community, and I think most of the people watch the openings/endings-.- But you go really offtopic, so please stop.
Feb 20, 2016 11:28 AM
Jul 2018
SkullProX said:
Recuvan said:

I tried it out, but even tho it ranked the series at the correct place if i put my list in order of episodes, and it added the correct value, it still showed the full amount of episodes on the list. Thats the only problem :/

It shows it, but doesn't count it.
Feb 20, 2016 11:32 AM

Jan 2015
@Recuvan

I know, but that's the thing which bothers me. I don't know if it's a bug, or it's intended. Would be nice if a team member would comment.
And I also don't know if I export my list, will the number of episodes saw, or the full amount be shown on the file?

Btw just so everyone knows what we are talking about:
http://imgur.com/QlXeosw
I set the amount of ep for naruto for 150, and It is between the 175 ep FT and the 112 ep yu yu hakusho, but it shows 220ep.
Feb 21, 2016 12:44 AM

Apr 2014
SkullProX said:

I don't know how does this suggestion harm anyone in the community, and I think most of the people watch the openings/endings-.- But you go really offtopic, so please stop.

Yeah you think? There's a lot of suggestion that got many users who agreed they want it, but it was still not been implemented.
And now you are suggesting something just for your own satisfaction?
Yeah, maybe there's a few people like you. But it needs to be useful to many users here. So don't make your hopes up.
Feb 21, 2016 1:33 AM

May 2015
I didnt watch 4 of the endless eight episodes so I only entered 10/14
It says youve completed 10 like you said but mal and malgraph still acknowledge that you didnt watch every episode and [Im pretty sure] that it doesnt count towards your total daycount
Freddy Nicholas said:
have control, be yourself, god is dead

More topics from this board

» Corporate images

Noctisnox - May 15, 2023

19 by himanshi122 »»
8 hours ago

» Reply button should show text that will be quoted.

Euthymia_Gerv - Apr 15

8 by Alexioos95 »»
Yesterday, 10:22 AM

» @ sign spam/attack

kuroneko99 - Apr 16

3 by Jhiday »»
Apr 17, 11:11 AM

» Preview for "About Me" section

NubFix - Mar 24, 2022

5 by NubFix »»
Apr 16, 10:16 PM

» Could MAL match users with the most similar watched anime and ratings?

mur_koshka - Apr 7

4 by mur_koshka »»
Apr 16, 1:44 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.