I like the show, but all the attention it's getting is just ridiculous
Feb 17, 2016 12:06 AM

Jul 2015
We are only six episodes in and people are already writing reviews XD
Feb 17, 2016 4:41 AM
Mar 2014
SpudUK said:
gabrielrroiz said:

no one of the character is actually explored or developed they are mostly given an over the top personality and that is it
i did not read the manga but the story is pretty basic and not that interesting because of the monster of the week formula

Not everything that is good has to be deep. OPM is rated highly because it's just purely great entertainment, and anyone going into it expecting to have deep plot and fleshed out characters is going to have a bad time.

Take it for what it is, and you'll see why it's so revered.

I agree about good shows not necessarily having to be deep and that you shouldn't judge shows for what they aren't, but I disagree about One Punch Man not having flashed out characters which is what your post seems to imply. Both myself and PantsOnHead have already spent time giving examples to this kind of thing in OPM and it's insulting when those posts are ignored and people continue to refer to the show as nothing more than simple entertainment. Two friends of mine who aren't even into action are having a great time with the manga just because of the characters.
Rinth said:
Every opinion is not equal. Some opinions are simply made out of shit.

nasuverse > your favorite anime
Feb 17, 2016 5:56 AM

Jul 2008
It will be kind of a let down to have the best anime of the year showing up so early into the season :D if it happens then it is what it is :)
Feb 17, 2016 6:01 AM

Feb 2016
Nope.

It has good tension and suspension but nothing worth calling best anime.
Feb 17, 2016 6:34 AM

May 2013
nope. ERASED is good example that show from cancer fanbase with mediocre story.

Try Shouwa Rakugo Bla2 for know how to identify best anime for dummy.
Feb 17, 2016 8:06 AM
Jan 2016
alyya said:

What is that anime even...
Is it all the new anime elitists new favorite anime or something for fuck sakes, it's really not even that good, like, it's just some random anime that's not popular and not rated highly, but the select fucking few praise it to be the savior of all anime, please just stop
Feb 17, 2016 8:19 AM

Oct 2014
Tamamitsune said:
alyya said:

Is it all the new anime elitists new favorite anime or something for fuck sakes, it's really not even that good, like, it's just some random anime that's not popular and not rated highly, but the select fucking few praise it to be the savior of all anime, please just stop

it is not popular or highly rated but it is still way better than erased that is gathering all the attention this season
Feb 17, 2016 9:44 AM

Sep 2014
I think AoT 2 (Maybe) and steins gate 0 (If it's out this year) will give this game a big run for it's money. Especially steins;gate. That's if this anime doesn't plummet at the end.
Feb 17, 2016 10:59 AM
Jul 2018
Nope konosuba is the AOTY.
Feb 17, 2016 7:39 PM

Oct 2014
terminador_2397 said:

because people are racing to have the most helpful review and they're doing it to notice ASAP. xD

profit
Feb 17, 2016 7:52 PM

Jul 2015
Gazz said:
terminador_2397 said:

because people are racing to have the most helpful review and they're doing it to notice ASAP. xD

profit

If they wait until the series is finished then they can have more to review on though
Feb 17, 2016 9:42 PM

Jun 2015
Tamamitsune said:
alyya said:

I don't get your reasoning.
Because it's not popular - it's not good?
ERASED isn't really that good, it's just some random anime that happens to be "popular" - doesn't automatically mean it's better. Not too mention the select few thousand(s) that praise it to be the savior of all anime. Please, just stop.
"Hurry up with my damn croissants."
Feb 18, 2016 7:24 AM
Dec 2015
Well, Erased was quite good for me but AOTY?? I don't think so (I've read the Manga by the way)

There is so many good anime release this year that I anticipate more & could be the "Real AOTY" : Jojo Part 4, Orange, Joker Game, Luger Code 1951, Tenkyou no Alderamin, Mob Psycho 100, Amanchu, Re:Zero, Sakamoto Desu ga?, Drifters, Mirai Arise, Nanbaka, Bungou Stray Dogs, Rewrite, D. Gray-man etc.

All anime I mentioned above have very good source materials (I've been read them all). This is Amazing Year for anime.

Also usually WINTER is the Weakest Season in the year.
NotThisShitAgainFeb 19, 2016 1:34 AM
Murphy's Law

"Anything that can go wrong will go wrong"

Feb 18, 2016 10:57 AM
Jan 2016
DMoC said:
Tamamitsune said:

ERASED isn't really that good, it's just some random anime that happens to be "popular" - doesn't automatically mean it's better. Not too mention the select few thousand(s) that praise it to be the savior of all anime. Please, just stop.

I said, it's not popular NOR is it rated highly, please read carefully :/
No, it doesn't "happen" to be popular, it's not even "that" popular, sure it is, but not "that" popular and I can prove it, by looking at the ranking for the popularity, you can tell it's not even above #200 and it's rated this highly, overrated? sure, but doesn't mean it's worse than that elitist anime.
It's popular because of the suspense and cliffhanger thrown at episode 1, and now literally everyone and their mothers are telling people to watch this, the only reason it has the "popularity" that it has.
Feb 18, 2016 11:35 AM

Aug 2013
Wait for Rewrite.
Rewrite has wonderful story, but I don't know if 8bit don't screw it up.... (most likely unfortunately)

But anyway BokuMachi is ALREADY definetly one of the best, if not the best anime from past years. My top 5 is rock solid since Steins;Gate, but now I think, BokuMachi will change this fact.

DMoC said:

ERASED isn't really that good, it's just some random anime that happens to be "popular" - doesn't automatically mean it's better. Not too mention the select few thousand(s) that praise it to be the savior of all anime.

Of course, most of super popular titles are a total trash, but not all, sometimes something popular is great. BokuMachi is one of those anime.
According to your toplist, you love battle shounen anime. It's really not strange that you consider BokuMachi as average title.
For example, I consider all titles in your top as average or just boring. I'm searching for something different, and you too.
rsc-plFeb 18, 2016 11:41 AM
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Feb 18, 2016 12:12 PM

Jul 2014
Way too early to say this will be AOTY, given that we don't know for sure every show coming out this year. There are many shows that COULD compete with this that we already know about (Steins;Gate 0 for instance), and I'm sure a few other surprises will pop up throughout the year that we don't know about yet.

That being said, this could well do it if it continues to be as consistently excellent as it has been so far. Stranger things have happened, after all.
Feb 18, 2016 12:28 PM

Aug 2013
By MAL ratings?
Maybe. Doubtful since all the manga viewer say that it goes downhill from here on out.
It's just the initial hype. It's a great anime, but nothing worthy of AOTY. It'll be impressive if it's kicked out of the top 10 AOTY. It's a great year~
[/url]
Seven-Coloured Puppeteer.
Feb 18, 2016 1:27 PM

Feb 2015
Demi_V said:
Dude, it's still January. Too early to determine anything.

yes. i agree with that.
there's still some hype shit in this year XD
Food Wars
ATO
SAO maybe ?
Boku no Hero Academia ?
and maybe there is still more of it...
but if it's about rating....if Erased's rating will keep in #7 i don't think other anime that will air in 2016 can beat that.

Edit: I FORGET ABOUT S;G XD XD THAT ONE WILL WIN THE NUMBER 1 SPOT IN THIS YEAR.....PROBABLY...

vikki7783 said:
RainyRai said:

Sekkou Boys is the savior of anime.

there we go. someone gets it. the mods can lock this thread now.

LMAO XD
YizelTroFeb 18, 2016 1:39 PM
Feb 18, 2016 1:51 PM

Jan 2009
Rather than "best" you should've said "most popular" and it'd still be only a possibility, since we're still in February.
Feb 18, 2016 2:36 PM

Oct 2013
Saeedpoppa said:
Why does it matter, whether or not this show is AOTY?

(Which btw, it isn't, that title goes to Shōwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjū 10/10 AOTY 2016, I mean come on guys, you have to agree unless your on crack, in which case it's perfectly fine for you to have a differing opinion)

In what way does some prick on the internet calling a certain mediocre, obviously not AOTY, Anime of the Year, affect you guys personally to such a degree you need to bloat this shitty thread to over 200 posts?

Well, you are no different than op, since you're saying a series is AOTY without watching or knowing what is to come in the other seasons. If op had said erased is a candidate for AOTY then he wouldn't seem so foolish. BTW this is a discussion, so of course it will have a lot of post, plus looking at its rating I'm sure op isn't the only one that think it is AOTY already.
Feb 18, 2016 2:43 PM

Jun 2014
Boku no Hero Academia still has to start airing!
Feb 18, 2016 2:44 PM

Dec 2015
Sakamoto desu ga? will be anime of the year.
Swagamoto will save anime!

OT: Erased if done properly can be anime of the season at best. If it can beat Shouwa that is. Both are my favorites this season that's for sure.
Don't forget there will be lots of good contenders in the close next seasons (Orange, Sakamoto desu ga? Boku no Hero Academia and apparently the hyped Rewrite...)
Feb 18, 2016 2:49 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Too early to say it's the best. Especially when this year is f*cking awesome.
Feb 18, 2016 3:01 PM

Oct 2013
GoldenDevilGamer said:

It probably would have had a better chance if it had aired in 2015.
Feb 18, 2016 3:02 PM

Nov 2012
If the ending is good. It overtakes FMAB, mark my words. Today's episode really made me think of that, yet sill, if the ending.
johnyjohnyFeb 18, 2016 3:05 PM
Feb 18, 2016 3:13 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
keragamming said:
GoldenDevilGamer said:

It probably would have had a better chance if it had aired in 2015.
True, since last year wasn't that great. OPM and and BokuDake fans would have went batshit crazy, arguing with each other what is AOTY.
Feb 18, 2016 5:30 PM

Jun 2015
Tamamitsune said:
DMoC said:

ERASED isn't really that good, it's just some random anime that happens to be "popular" - doesn't automatically mean it's better. Not too mention the select few thousand(s) that praise it to be the savior of all anime. Please, just stop.[/spoiler]

No, it doesn't "happen" to be popular, it's not even "that" popular, sure it is, but not "that" popular and I can prove it, by looking at the ranking for the popularity, you can tell it's not even above #200 and it's rated this highly, overrated? sure, but doesn't mean it's worse than that elitist anime.
It's popular because of the suspense and cliffhanger thrown at episode 1, and now literally everyone and their mothers are telling people to watch this, the only reason it has the "popularity" that it has.

It's got a score of 8.10, last time I checked that's a pretty high rating... And all I was saying was don't complain about a small few praising one show when another show gets even more undeserved praise. No hate, just love.

rsc-pl said:

Of course, most of super popular titles are a total trash, but not all, sometimes something popular is great. BokuMachi is one of those anime.
According to your toplist, you love battle shounen anime. It's really not strange that you consider BokuMachi as average title.
For example, I consider all titles in your top as average or just boring. I'm searching for something different, and you too.

I have 2 battle shounens in my favourites, I don't see how that means I love them, but okay. In fact I have 2 psychological thrillers even higher than those battle shounens, so ERASED is in fact the type of show I am looking for, only problem is I'm not caught up in the hype, so I can see the flaws that are yet to be addressed. That is all, nothing more.
Feb 18, 2016 6:48 PM

Oct 2014
rsc-pl said:
Wait for Rewrite.
Rewrite has wonderful story, but I don't know if 8bit don't screw it up.... (most likely unfortunately)

But anyway BokuMachi is ALREADY definetly one of the best, if not the best anime from past years. My top 5 is rock solid since Steins;Gate, but now I think, BokuMachi will change this fact.

DMoC said:

ERASED isn't really that good, it's just some random anime that happens to be "popular" - doesn't automatically mean it's better. Not too mention the select few thousand(s) that praise it to be the savior of all anime.

Saying hunter x hunter is a average and boring title and erased is amazing
Good joke
Feb 18, 2016 8:10 PM
Aug 2015
Who knows. It seems pretty good so far. I wouldn't agree with all these 10/10 reviews at all, it doesn't seem like a 10, but what's really funny is the 2/10 & 1/10 scores that people are giving because the anime's popular and hyped. I mean obviously it has flaws but it's far from one of the worst anime out there, and these reviews want so hard to be different.
Let's see... here's a quote from someone that sounds pretty accurate:
"...due to Erased's immense popularity people deliberately and desperately keep searching for something they can criticize, just to not share the general opinion and stand out".
Overall it should be good if the story doesn't go downhill from here.
Feb 18, 2016 11:26 PM
Jul 2018
DMoC said:
Tamamitsune said:

It's got a score of 8.10, last time I checked that's a pretty high rating... And all I was saying was don't complain about a small few praising one show when another show gets even more undeserved praise. No hate, just love.

rsc-pl said:

I have 2 battle shounens in my favourites, I don't see how that means I love them, but okay. In fact I have 2 psychological thrillers even higher than those battle shounens, so ERASED is in fact the type of show I am looking for, only problem is I'm not caught up in the hype, so I can see the flaws that are yet to be addressed. That is all, nothing more.

LOL just wait for the anime to finish, you will see the same people flipping over this anime. XD

Too much overhype brings self-destruction for any anime.
Feb 19, 2016 12:29 AM
Aug 2014
It's still too early.
For tihs season, I started with boku dake as my best favorite too, another ones I like are GATE, Drrr! Ketsu. I dropped dimension w, assasination classroom, sekkou boys, i even halted haikyuu.
But after watching Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu first episode (and waiting impatiently for the next episode every week), i think that one is my aots.
Feb 19, 2016 1:11 AM

Jul 2014
DiabloMask said:
Rather than "best" you should've said "most popular" and it'd still be only a possibility, since we're still in February.

Well name the anime you think is the best of all time. Bet you the next person who posts doesn't agree.

I don't really have a favorite anime but this is definitely in the top 10 if it holds up.

Idk why people seem to like Shouwa but that is just personal tastes and that's all this ever is... so the fact of the matter is this could be best AOTY since it's personal taste and somebody can believe that... the majority might not but it will be AOTY for that person.
Feb 19, 2016 8:36 AM
Jul 2012
It's definitely a contender but Orange, ReLife,and Rewrite all are easily contenders.
Feb 19, 2016 8:51 AM

Jan 2016
Hard to say, its still ongoing so you don't really know until the end, finale's a big part for this kind of story.
And this year the competitions heavy, with the adaptations for orange and boku no hero academia, and SnK season two,
Its looking really good though
Feb 21, 2016 4:40 AM
Mar 2014
BokuMachi is by no means a bad show, but it also isn't some unparalleled masterpiece or guaranteed to be aoty by any means.
TyrelFeb 21, 2016 4:14 PM
Rinth said:
Every opinion is not equal. Some opinions are simply made out of shit.

nasuverse > your favorite anime
Feb 21, 2016 5:02 AM

Sep 2015
Imjustthatdude said:
Come on guys its good if not your on crack but do you think it will be the best out of everything? Because I think so #majorkey

The year has just begun. Still haven't watched this anime yet, so I'm not gonna argue further.
Also, your average score's 8.04..... means every anime you find falls under the category of "Very Good" by MAL Scoring means.... soo yeah.
You probably only wanted some attention so you made this thread.
Anyways, that's all the food I'm gonna feed to the troll.
Feb 21, 2016 5:20 AM

Sep 2015
Way too early to be calling it in as Best anime of 2016, but it's great to have the bar for the year set so high so early on.
Feb 21, 2016 8:34 AM
Feb 2016
Definitely the most popular anime this winter!!Looking forward to every episode
Feb 21, 2016 8:37 AM

Mar 2015
I dunno. There's loads that are comin out this year that are probably slightly better.
Feb 21, 2016 8:44 AM

Nov 2015
NO ,its good but still to early to say that is AOTY ,also we get berserk anime this year so Erased is already second place.
Feb 21, 2016 9:52 AM
Jul 2014
eurghh,
its overrated suck, just because it's already in top 10, it doesn't make this is best anime 2016. The stories are boring, predictable, cliche, plothole and also there is no explanation about time travel's power
Feb 21, 2016 10:08 AM

Feb 2011
Annoyin said:
I dunno. There's loads that are comin out this year that are probably slightly better.

Im curious - can you list all of those? Will prob add to my PTW if theyre that good.

On topic, Id say its the best right now by a decent margin. Ive watched about 10 or so, and Erased is imo the best and most universal one out right now. For the whole year...hmm, I dont think therell be anything that can top its ranking, but personally, I will like some shows as much or more I suspect (big Danganronpa fan and I also enjoy Ace Attourney and Boku no Hero decently)

I guess theres some big shows like Rewrite and Berserk or Shingeki (not sure how many of these are 2016) but I dont expect these to get more than the top 50. Ive read the Shingeki manga and found its beginning hype carries it along better than the later parts. Berserk is a huge manga base but its first adaptation didnt fare as well as its manga so I dont think its second will do significantly better, esp since I heard its a continuation. And ReWrite. Eh, I doubt itll surpass After Story, and AS is already below Erased (which may drop a bit but still, very high bar to reach)
Feb 21, 2016 10:17 AM

Jan 2009
Bestnameever10 said:
DiabloMask said:

Well name the anime you think is the best of all time. Bet you the next person who posts doesn't agree.

I don't really have a favorite anime but this is definitely in the top 10 if it holds up.

Idk why people seem to like Shouwa but that is just personal tastes and that's all this ever is... so the fact of the matter is this could be best AOTY since it's personal taste and somebody can believe that... the majority might not but it will be AOTY for that person.

I said he should've said "most popular" because "best" is an objectified opinion, while "popular" is a fact.
That has nothing to do with whether someone agrees to me that my favorite show is the best.
Feb 22, 2016 4:05 PM

Apr 2009
omfgplzstop said:
SpudUK said:

Not everything that is good has to be deep. OPM is rated highly because it's just purely great entertainment, and anyone going into it expecting to have deep plot and fleshed out characters is going to have a bad time.

Take it for what it is, and you'll see why it's so revered.

I agree about good shows not necessarily having to be deep and that you shouldn't judge shows for what they aren't, but I disagree about One Punch Man not having flashed out characters which is what your post seems to imply. Both myself and PantsOnHead have already spent time giving examples to this kind of thing in OPM and it's insulting when those posts are ignored and people continue to refer to the show as nothing more than simple entertainment. Two friends of mine who aren't even into action are having a great time with the manga just because of the characters.

It was more of a generalisation. Almost every anime is going to have some character or relationship development within it. It's more the people that going into it seem to expect slice-of-life levels of character depth from all of the many characters.

Saitama & Genos, being the only real main characters and the game lacking a proper main antagonist, get enough development to satisfy but two characters aren't enough for people watching one punch man and expecting Evangelion levels of character depth when in reality, Madhouse did a fine job.
Feb 22, 2016 4:13 PM

Oct 2014
this thread already shows why erased is overhyped garbage
we are in the first season of the year and the fans are asking with this will be the anime of the year because the quality is so amazing that it is imposible for any anime that will air to be better
gabrielrroizFeb 22, 2016 4:32 PM
Feb 22, 2016 8:45 PM

Aug 2008
Berserk is coming out later this year.
Feb 22, 2016 9:28 PM

Jun 2015
DereDereDonut said:
Hard to say, its still ongoing so you don't really know until the end, finale's a big part for this kind of story.
And this year the competitions heavy, with the adaptations for orange and boku no hero academia, and SnK season two,
Its looking really good though

Don't forget there's new JoJo as well.
Feb 22, 2016 11:03 PM
Feb 2016
So far, yes, but we'll have to see how it ends first. If it ends on a high note then it'll be the best anime of the year until something better comes along.
Pages (9) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 4, 2016

769 by Jocku »»
11 hours ago

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2016

1398 by Layreur84 »»
Apr 15, 3:50 AM

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 10, 2016

900 by bakakisima »»
Apr 12, 2:03 PM

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 3, 2016

498 by bakakisima »»
Apr 11, 1:04 PM

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 25, 2016

581 by bakakisima »»
Apr 11, 12:06 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.