Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Erased
Available on Manga Store
New
Pages (9) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Feb 11, 2016 8:26 AM

Jan 2015
No, the episode 5 was lame. It seems to me that when its situated on the past (the kid main character) the anime is better. It's not the best anime of 2016 (unless it gets much better).
Feb 11, 2016 5:17 PM

Sep 2010
GoldenDevilGamer said:
It's great and all, but how the hell can they adapt 8 volumes in 12 episodes. First episode did 6 chapters, second and third did 2 each. 10 chapters have been adapted in 3 episodes and the manga will end at around 50 chapters. And to be honest, the manga has some flaws. The way it's going right now doesn't seem as interesting as I was wishing it to be, and the mangaka has a track record for shitty endings apparently. Still will be AOTS if rushed. Being the best of the year is hard to say when we're only 3 weeks into the year lol.

Berserk can end up doing fantastic, even with CGI. And with so many sequel anime coming out (SnK S2, Steins;Gate 0, Shokugeki S2, JoJo Part 4, D.Gray-man, Nanatsu no Taizai, and of course Berserk) and many hyped adaptations (Boku no Hero Academia, Bungou Stray Dogs, Rewrite, Mob Psycho 100), it'll be a great year.

not shitty endings, it's ending that punch you in the gut and tell you to go copulate with yourself

"Be who you are and say what you mean, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind" - Dr. Seuss
Feb 11, 2016 5:19 PM

Oct 2014
Hydra0411 said:
No matter how shit it looks, if it follows the manga Berserk will be the AOTY.

Erased is so overrated it's ridiculous. It's place should be around 8.2-8.3 and I'm baffled at how everyone is jizzing all over it despite numerous conveniences and plot holes.

who cares about potholes and conveniences?
there are little girls being victimized for evil adults and convoluted time travel 10/10 just for that
Feb 11, 2016 8:59 PM

Feb 2014
I think it'll be one of the best of 2016, but it's only February so it's a little bit to early to tell if it'll be 'The' best of 2016
Feb 11, 2016 9:00 PM

Feb 2016
Well its the only one of 2016 that im watching so far yes.
Feb 11, 2016 9:08 PM

Aug 2010
gabrielrroiz said:
It is not even the best of the season shouwa genroku rakugo is way better in every way
I have no idea where this high scores or ideas like it is the best of year are coming from

I agree, Shouwa is the best show that has aired in the last year for me, easily.
Feb 12, 2016 4:15 PM

Jan 2015
Imjustthatdude said:
Fuchsia said:
so far it's alright but it's overrated and even in this season alone there are better anime.
like what and don't say gintama lmao
Gintama. xD
Seriously though, the SA arc was beautiful. Haven't watched ERASED yet, I'm waiting for it to finish so I can watch it in one go like I did with Steins;Gate.
Feb 12, 2016 4:43 PM

Nov 2012
Please mods close this thread. I can't handle the stupidity anymore.
Feb 12, 2016 4:44 PM

Aug 2008
KingRequiem said:
Hydra0411 said:
No matter how shit it looks, if it follows the manga Berserk will be the AOTY.

Erased is so overrated it's ridiculous. It's place should be around 8.2-8.3 and I'm baffled at how everyone is jizzing all over it despite numerous conveniences and plot holes.

Agreed.

It's probably the best anime of the winter by far though, simply because the rest is average as hell. That certainly contributes to the hype.

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.

“The impossible could not have happened, therefore the impossible must be possible in spite of appearances.” 
― Agatha Christie
Feb 12, 2016 6:54 PM

Feb 2014
I don't like how Swagamoto is being ignored by many
RozenAquaMarine said:
No our dear Savior Sakamoto will definitely save anime this year]

"For the sake of humankind, I forsake my humanity." - Cherry
Feb 12, 2016 8:04 PM

Feb 2015
Fuchsia said:
so far it's alright but it's overrated and even in this season alone there are better anime.
don't lie to yourself homie
How long until season 3 of Spice and Wolf?
The World May Never Know.
Feb 14, 2016 8:39 AM
Mar 2014
robis798 said:
Piromysl said:
So far, it is indeed the best this year.
But last year we had Owarimonogatari and One Punch Man at fall, so it's too early to make any statement.
Are you putting OPM as some sort of example of quality?
You're welcome to try and deny its quality. I'll be defending it.

OT: Shouwa is arguably better, and it's only the beginning of the year anyway. This thread is silly.
omfgplzstopFeb 14, 2016 8:42 AM
Rinth said:
Every opinion is not equal. Some opinions are simply made out of shit.

nasuverse > your favorite anime
Feb 14, 2016 8:46 AM

Oct 2014
omfgplzstop said:
robis798 said:
Are you putting OPM as some sort of example of quality?

OT: Shouwa is arguably better, and it's only the beginning of the year anyway. This thread is silly.

one punch man is really average character wise and it does not even have a main plot so far so i would really not use as some example of high quality anime
Feb 14, 2016 8:51 AM
Mar 2014
gabrielrroiz said:
omfgplzstop said:

one punch man is really average character wise and it does not even have a main plot so far so i would really not use as some example of high quality anime
What do you think makes it average character-wise? The cast is diverse, entertaining, meshes well with the show's themes and some of them are explored in a really interesting way, though that's mostly in the manga. I also don't think a story needs to have a main plot to be good.
Rinth said:

Feb 14, 2016 8:59 AM

Oct 2014
omfgplzstop said:
gabrielrroiz said:

What do you think makes it average character-wise? The cast is diverse, entertaining, meshes well with the show's themes and some of them are explored in a really interesting way, though that's mostly in the manga. I also don't think a story needs to have a main plot to be good.

no one of the character is actually explored or developed they are mostly given an over the top personality and that is it
i did not read the manga but the story is pretty basic and not that interesting because of the monster of the week formula
Feb 14, 2016 9:13 AM

Jul 2013
Can't be best anime of the year when Jojo P4 and the new D. Gray Man will air in 2016 too.
Feb 14, 2016 9:14 AM
Mar 2014
gabrielrroiz said:
omfgplzstop said:

no one of the character is actually explored or developed they are mostly given an over the top personality and that is it
i did not read the manga but the story is pretty basic and not that interesting because of the monster of the week formula

Mumen Rider's fight with the Sea King during episode 9 is the most obvious example of a character getting explored in the series that I can think of, and it was done in a way that highlighted the heroism theme quite well.

Saitama is another example of a character that is constantly explored and developed when faced with different problems like losing in popularity to his disciple or being blamed for the city's destruction after the meteor incident, as well as his behavior towards Mumen Rider in the aforementioned episode 9.

The fact that the story is basic just gives you more reason to try to focus on the characters or its themes and appreciate those instead.
Rinth said:

Feb 14, 2016 9:20 AM

Oct 2014
omfgplzstop said:
gabrielrroiz said:

Mumen Rider's fight with the Sea King during episode 9 is the most obvious example of a character getting explored in the series that I can think of, and it was done in a way that highlighted the heroism theme quite well.

Saitama is another example of a character that is constantly explored and developed when faced with different problems like losing in popularity to his disciple or being blamed for the city's destruction after the meteor incident, as well as his behavior towards Mumen Rider in the aforementioned episode 9.

The fact that the story is basic just gives you more reason to try to focus on the characters or its themes and appreciate those instead.

i agree the mumen rider scene showed the theme of heroism quite well and explored his characters motives
but for saitama i would say the characters was really inconsistent in one episode he joins the heroes association for getting fame and recognition but when he is blamed for destroying the city he seems to not care at all for whether or not people liked him or if he was popular
Feb 14, 2016 10:33 AM
Jan 2016
gabrielrroiz said:
i agree the mumen rider scene showed the theme of heroism quite well and explored his characters motives
but for saitama i would say the characters was really inconsistent in one episode he joins the heroes association for getting fame and recognition but when he is blamed for destroying the city he seems to not care at all for whether or not people liked him or if he was popular

Saitama isn't inconsistent.

He joined the hero association because its a job and he needs money.

He was super pissed the first time he got blamed for destroying the city and accused of being a fake hero, until Genos intervened. He calmed down because, despite everyone not believing in Saitama, Genos believes in him. That says a lot about their friendship.

He wasn't pissed the second time because, not only does he know there are people who believe in him, but also because of the theme of the arc.

The theme of the arc is about what it takes to be a hero. For Mumen Rider, hes a hero because he tries to save people at the risk of his own life. Other C-class heroes ran away and hid with the general populace.
For Saitama, his life is never at risk. He can't physically lose. How can he be considered a hero if he doesn't have to risk anything? When a hater was hating on Saitama at the end, the mob became angry at the hater. The hater was about to get mobbed, but Saitama did something very subtle and heroic.
Feb 14, 2016 10:52 AM
Mar 2014
gabrielrroiz said:
omfgplzstop said:

Saitama, at the beginning of the series, suffers from depression. This is how his character's established -- he's achieved a level of competence beyond everyone else he comes across and no longer derives enjoyment from what he used to love best, something that is cemented by his dream in episode 1 and the abrupt way it is stopped.

While this depression, or at least the way it comes into play in Saitama's life, is never focused on explicitly, it is constantly (but offhandedly) reflected in his apathetic nature and certain facets of his behavior. His overconsumption of entertainment media serves as an especially good example as it is something people dealing with depression resort to often.

When he first meets Genos, Saitama doesn't care about what he has to say, the same way he didn't care about anyone else in his depression, as he felt they were all below him. But since Genos is so persistent, he eventually came to talk to the guy and make his first actual acquaintance/friend -- the strenghtening of the bond between them is evident, for example, by how Saitama suddenly feels obliged to pay back Asura Rhino for smashing Genos against the wall.

This is something OPM does constantly -- instead of giving focus to the characters' development, it instead chooses to display it in little bits, only letting the viewers catch a glimpse of the characters' behavior after they've changed and leaving it up to them to try to understand what caused that change.

This also applies to your complaint about how he joins the association in order to receive fame and recognition and then 'suddenly' doesn't seem to care anymore:
Saitama who was only now forced to interact with society through the Paradisers incident understands from the warning about bald people that a bad reputation can have a negative effect on his life, and when Sonic tells him he doesn't know him he realizes he has to be recognized to avoid such bad reputation. He then decides to join the association. Before the meteor episode, when Saitama encounters Sonic again, Tanktop guy is trying to raise a scene. As seen by his inability to respond, Saitama doesn't understand his behavior, that implies he'd trample over others' reputation to improve his own, which already hints that this isn't truly what Saitama wants.

During the meteor episode itself, Saitama shows up to the scene to do what he loves doing and what motivated him into becoming a hero in the first place; he saves powerless people from a disaster. This, alongside the attempt of the two Tanktop dudes to increase their own reputation at the expense of Saitama's (again) and how pathetic it looks to him the second time, reassures him of his motivations and convinces him that he is a hero because he wants to and does not need to be appreciated for it.
Rinth said:

Feb 14, 2016 11:10 AM

Aug 2015
Thought this was an Erased discussion. But now , it's just an OPM thread at heart. ╮(╯▽╰)╭

It can't be the best of 2016. Even the first season of the year hasn't finished yet. Maybe it can remain in the top 10 of 2016 but definitely not the best. I still see a lot of good anime coming later.
Feb 14, 2016 12:05 PM

Mar 2015
You posted this on fucking January 22 you cant be serious about this right?
Feb 14, 2016 2:16 PM

Oct 2014
TheTruOtakuPleb said:
You posted this on fucking January 22 you cant be serious about this right?

Erased fans are delusional there is no arguing about that
Feb 14, 2016 2:21 PM
Jan 2014
BD ranking says it all. Carry on people.
Feb 14, 2016 2:24 PM

Jun 2015
I mean I like it, but I honestly don't see what's so great, I suppose the same could have been said about OPM last year, but I'm more of an action fan than a mystery one, so this doesn't appeal to me that much, but I still enjoy it.
Feb 14, 2016 3:13 PM

Apr 2015
I can't help but giggle knowing that the year has only started, and some people are already assuming Erased to be AOTY 2016.

-Mastergold
Feb 14, 2016 4:19 PM

Aug 2013
How can we judge when there's 3 more seasons left?
And even if it isn't the best by the end of the year, that's still great, it means that we will be treated to another great anime, win win
Feb 14, 2016 4:37 PM

Apr 2009
gabrielrroiz said:
omfgplzstop said:

Not everything that is good has to be deep. OPM is rated highly because it's just purely great entertainment, and anyone going into it expecting to have deep plot and fleshed out characters is going to have a bad time.

Take it for what it is, and you'll see why it's so revered.

As for Boku dake, I think it's best to reserve judgement until the end of the series on how good it is (or if it's the current best of the year). It could go the way of Gangsta. where it was a super build-up to a lackluster end.
SpudUKFeb 14, 2016 4:40 PM
Feb 14, 2016 5:00 PM

Oct 2013
Mastergold said:
I can't help but giggle knowing that the year has only started, and some people are already assuming Erased to be AOTY 2016.

-Mastergold

This may sound like a weird question, but why do you always include your username at the end of all your post even though your username is visible for everyone to see already? I don't get it? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Feb 14, 2016 5:26 PM

Apr 2015

I always get this type of question ones in a whiles. To answer your question in a short terms, let's just said that college and literature classes has taken a heavy influence as to why my comments are display the way they are.

-Mastergold
Feb 14, 2016 5:45 PM

Oct 2013
Mastergold said:

I always get this type of question ones in a whiles. To answer your question in a short terms, let's just said that college and literature classes has taken a heavy influence as to why my comments are display the way they are.

-Mastergold

Oh, OK. Just was a bit curious.
Feb 14, 2016 5:49 PM

Apr 2014
Flavor of the month.
Feb 14, 2016 5:58 PM

Apr 2015

No problem.

-Mastergold
Feb 16, 2016 11:46 AM

May 2014
Taking into accout what's yet to come. No I don't think so.
Btw it's still february lol.
#sleepless nights
Feb 16, 2016 2:45 PM

Nov 2013
snk is coming that's all i've to say

--------------------------------------------

eromangasensei said:
Why stop at best anime of the year? Might as well go ahead and call this best anime of the decade & best anime of the century.

boku no pico already claimed this title, sorry
yaoi_senpaiFeb 16, 2016 2:54 PM

My momma, your momma, gonna catch a witch,
My momma, your momma, flying on a switch,
My momma, your momma, witches never cry,
My momma, your momma, witches gonna die!

AWC 2017 | Anime list | Manga list
Feb 16, 2016 3:36 PM

Aug 2014
Koshka_ said:

eromangasensei said:
Why stop at best anime of the year? Might as well go ahead and call this best anime of the decade & best anime of the century.

snk isn't that good overrated fam a good show is gonna be berserk and JoJo and find an the orgin episodes
Feb 16, 2016 3:37 PM

Nov 2014
Dude, 2016 just started.

Feb 16, 2016 3:40 PM

Aug 2014
ExTamplier said:
Dude, 2016 just started.
no it didn't 2 months is a long time think about it every day your closer to death so it makes perfect sense
Feb 16, 2016 3:42 PM

Nov 2014
Imjustthatdude said:
ExTamplier said:
Dude, 2016 just started.
no it didn't 2 months is a long time think about it every day your closer to death so it makes perfect sense
I am an Wizard though, I am immortal.

Feb 16, 2016 3:57 PM

Oct 2013
I could name more than 5 series in the spring season that is better than this anime. I have seen plenty of series with this time travel formula, maybe that's why I'm not too impress with this series.

Anyways the majority opinion weighs more than mine, since they will decide what's the best for the year. But still pretty early to claim that when we still have three more seasons to go. It is definitely a candidate for AOTY though going by the good reception/high ratings it is getting.
Feb 16, 2016 4:02 PM

Nov 2014
keragamming said:
I could name more than 5 series in the spring season that is better than this anime. I have seen plenty of series with this time travel formula, maybe that's why I'm not too impress with this series.

Anyways the majority opinion weighs more than mine, since they will decide what's the best for the year. But still pretty early to claim that when we still have three more seasons to go. It is definitely a candidate for AOTY though going by the good reception/high ratings it is getting.
You can try. I am really curious

Feb 16, 2016 4:08 PM

Oct 2013
ExTamplier said:
keragamming said:

?? I said it is candidate for AOTY. You don't agree? Well, I don't really particular like this series but any anime of the season series should automatically be a candidate for AOTY. That's what I think.
Feb 16, 2016 4:09 PM

Nov 2014
keragamming said:
ExTamplier said:
?? I said it is candidate for AOTY. You don't agree? Well, I don't really particular like this series but any anime of the season series should automatically be a candidate for AOTY. That's what I think.
I could name more than 5 series in the spring season that is better than this anime.

Feb 16, 2016 4:15 PM

Oct 2013
ExTamplier said:
keragamming said:
I could name more than 5 series in the spring season that is better than this anime.

I'll pass on that. It is not worth it. Sorry to disappoint. :(
Feb 16, 2016 4:57 PM

Apr 2014
Just wait till that Koe no Katachi movie is released. Everyone will forget about Erased.
Feb 16, 2016 5:34 PM

Oct 2014
Imjustthatdude said:
ExTamplier said:
Dude, 2016 just started.

even if i died today erased would not be anime of the year for me
showa rakugo is doing way better with great characters interactions and development something that erased is really lacking
Feb 16, 2016 5:46 PM

Oct 2013
Z4k said:
Just wait till that Koe no Katachi movie is released. Everyone will forget about Erased.

Orange could be a big hit as well, I think it has time travel elements as well from what I remembered. Is Joe no Karachi a TV series or a movie?
Feb 16, 2016 5:49 PM

Nov 2013
Imjustthatdude said:
Koshka_ said:

snk isn't that good overrated fam a good show is gonna be berserk and JoJo and find an the orgin episodes

overrated is an annoying word fam. btw you're the one supposing that erased is the best anime of the year yo

My momma, your momma, gonna catch a witch,
My momma, your momma, flying on a switch,
My momma, your momma, witches never cry,
My momma, your momma, witches gonna die!

AWC 2017 | Anime list | Manga list
Feb 16, 2016 6:04 PM

Jul 2015
Hype=/=Quality

It's good but I wouldn't say best.
Feb 16, 2016 6:26 PM

Apr 2014
keragamming said:
Z4k said:

Orange could be a big hit as well, I think it has time travel elements as well from what I remembered. Is Joe no Karachi a TV series or a movie?

It's a movie and yeah forgot there's that Orange adaptation as well.
Pages (9) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2016

1400 by bakakisima »»
Yesterday, 12:43 PM

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 17, 2016

1108 by bakakisima »»
Yesterday, 10:13 AM

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 4, 2016

769 by Jocku »»
Apr 17, 10:27 AM

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 10, 2016

900 by bakakisima »»
Apr 12, 2:03 PM

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 3, 2016

498 by bakakisima »»
Apr 11, 1:04 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.