Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Feb 15, 2016 7:22 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Felt really bad for Shirayuki this episode...

I like the thrilling feel of this episode though. Zen is also anxious to recuse her so some of his actions were expected I guess. I think Shirayuki and Kazuki has also gotten along a bit better now with their recent connection. She can make friends with just about anyone.

Feb 15, 2016 7:31 AM

Nov 2007
Burning seeds for escaping. Being caught, though. Nobu's character following the thief group that caught her first. The princes group preparing to depart.

Prince caught up with Nobu's character (lol @ little "punishment"), and facing that thief group. After briefly learning that they are on the same page, they temporary work together. The lady who works for the prince suggested that she to get in. FukuJun's character agreed on the trade immediately (that guy might think he might be better than prince in getting some money, probably <- wild imagination, don't mind me if that's not the case in manga). The girl sheds in tear in relief when the lady told her the happy news.

Getting in the moving ship and save the two next.
tsubasaloverFeb 15, 2016 7:39 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Feb 15, 2016 8:44 AM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
Once again, Zen was showing his coolness there.....when he found Obi

That high five between Zen and the Lion Chief was also kind of cool.

This episode reminds me of that Pirate Arc from Akatsuki no Yona.....the characters from both anime even used similar plan....pretended to be captured

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Feb 15, 2016 8:46 AM

May 2014
That pirate woman is really scary
"I lost all of what you could call feelings of love. They weren't sealed, so they can't be released. They weren't broken, so they can't be fixed. That which is lost, cannot be recovered." Shiba Tatsuya
"There are no regrets. If one can be proud of one's life, one should not wish for another chance." Saber
"No matter what happens, no matter how crazy things get, I'll always try to restore balance." Korra
"It's madness to let others take what's yours and accept it blindly." Baatar Jr
"Instinct is a lie, told by a fearful body, hoping to be wrong." Zaheer
"Partner in crime, partner in time" Chloe Price and Max Caulfield
Feb 15, 2016 8:48 AM

Dec 2014
Seeing shirayuki hopeless.. really is painful and was unexpected. Still the mystery of Kazuki was easily solved. I hope there is more meaning than they are deciphering
Feb 15, 2016 8:50 AM

Apr 2015
Kiki was awesome this episode. She's really strong and beautiful.
Feb 15, 2016 9:10 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Time for Kiki to shine. :D

Don't like how Obi is seemingly back to being ''unimportant'' now.

Raj seems to get more and more attention though which is very nice.
Feb 15, 2016 9:14 AM
Feb 2016
So I making up nicknames deal with it. King of the lions I'm guessing is Shirayuki's dad since he has red hair as well. It was interesting to me to see how Zen and Raj acted in their royal capacity. On another note we finally find out why they kidnapped her and in the end it's because of Raj. I liked how Zen mention Ryu to get Obi back to himself. Mihaya is still up to his dirty tricks but I'm hoping next episode for an awesome battle secene with Raj's and King lion's men vs the Pirates. Captain Crazy lady is nuts just saying. I was impressed with Kiki. I am guessing she now has Shirayuki's trinket. I also liked how Shirayuki's knowledge came in handy and hopefully they will keep showing that.

Go get her Zen and bring her home!!
Feb 15, 2016 9:26 AM

Jul 2014
Still annoyed with how Shirayuki has been turned into a damsel in distress by being kidnapped yet again, but the episode wasn't too bad other than that.
Feb 15, 2016 9:31 AM

Sep 2015
Zen, just marry Kiki instead of Shirayuki :D
Joking aside, this pirate girl is a thing
Feb 15, 2016 9:45 AM

Oct 2008
Welp next episode looks like full-out war! Never expected such in a shoujo show but i'm actually quite enjoying this season despite how different it is from the first season.

I hope this arc ends soon though because I really want to see Shirayuki saved and can't take the waiting between episodes :( For now I'm glad Kiki is beside Shirayuki and reassuring her there's hope for them.

Raj's face when he heard Kazuki's motivations was both amusing and sad. Guy is going to live with this crime for life.
Feb 15, 2016 9:47 AM
Jul 2018
I felt bad for Kazuki and Shirayuki in this episode.

That pirate woman is such an asshole.
Feb 15, 2016 10:04 AM

Oct 2012
Using the bird was great and Kiki <3
Feb 15, 2016 10:11 AM

May 2009
Nice episode. Pacing is a bit slow, but I'd rather have this then rushing all the way.

Well they have a plan to let Kazuki and Shirayuki escape. It's something! Btw I think Kiki is a very interesting character :)
check out my twitch: https://twitch.tv/slowy
Feb 15, 2016 10:45 AM

Jun 2014
It's nice to finally see Kiki get some of the spotlight. An arc like this is something I never would have expected from this anime, especially with how lighthearted the first season was, but it's been a pleasant surprise so far.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Feb 15, 2016 10:55 AM

Sep 2013
I thought there was a special reason why Kazuki kidnapped Shirayuki, turns out it's just his stupid selfish reasoning.
"I have been wielding a blade since before your were swimming around your father's scrotum." - Kurou
Feb 15, 2016 10:57 AM

Sep 2010
The scene where Mitsuhide and Kiki slapped Zen on the back was fun!
I didn't realize until now that the leader of the Claw of the Sea's name is Umihebi, meaning Sea Snake.

"to the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world." -a magnet
Feb 15, 2016 11:05 AM

Nov 2014
Kiki was super cute hiding and brave at the same time by getting herself caught.

Hi there
Feb 15, 2016 11:29 AM

Jun 2013
Highlight of the episode, angry Shirayuki.

So Kazuki and Shirayuki make an attempt to escape but they only reach the deck before the evil woman catches them. Man is she heartless or what. It wasn't those two's fault that the hostages escaped – how the hell were they supposed to know that the could have used some of the food supply to create smoke? They probably thought that a fire started or something. Not their fault for thinking that. But even if it really was a fire the cold-hearted pirate woman would have beaten the crap out of them anyway.

And her heartlessness doesn't end there as she starts torturing Kazuki too to find out why Shirayuki is so important. And Kazuki refuses to tell her anything which, of course, pisses her off.

Shirayuki is shaking with fear, yet she's trying her best to stay brave and not give up hope. She's also worried about Kazuki, her first kidnapper, for his health especially after they dipped him in the sea.

Meanwhile Zen, Raj and the others have found that lead – Obi took Zen's package to Shirayuki with him after Itoya. And using the bird Zen tracks him down.

That incident with the douchebag prince wanting the red haired girl gained quite a lot of popularity and this kidnapping is a result of that. Kazuki thought that, just like him, Shirayuki was a victim of nobles doing whatever the hell they want so Shirayuki was to be brought to their mountain home. Kinda stupid to drag her away without even asking whether she wants to come along or not. If they care so much about Shirayuki, then the least they could have done was ask her if she wants to come with them. Kidnapping her like that would only make you angry enemy in her eyes regardless of whether you're doing the right thing originally not – and in this case, they aren't exactly doing the right thing.

The mountain loins, who fight the sea claws are behind the first kidnapping whereas the sea claws are behind the second kidnapping. The moun loins are fed up of nobles and every one of them hates nobles. The sea claws just like doing whatever the hell they want to and today they're kidnapping their old member, Kazuki, and happen to get a bishoujo free.

Kikki wu her smart idea of getting on board by having herself sold to the sea claws – she is quite the bishoujo herself so there wouldn't be any reason to not accept her. And now the mission to save Shirayuki has officially begun. Mihaya makes himself useful as he knows where their secret hideout is thanks to his corrupt dad. And he asks for a reward in return for the info from Raj, who immediately accepts the proposal. Nice to see him doing whatever it takes to save Shirayuki and becoming a better guy. Things are bound to get a whole lot exciting now. Shirayuki will be getting hurt by those bastards next week. Can't wait to see Zen kick their asses.
Feb 15, 2016 11:33 AM

Feb 2015
looks like there were a misunderstanding between them....
overall, it was a good and thrilling episode. i still felt bad for shirayuki....
but that tears in the end...i can feel the Relieved feeling from shirayuki :)

EDIT:and....i think Kiki looks cute or maybe beautifull in this episode :D
Feb 15, 2016 1:00 PM

Nov 2007
We have discussed enough of Zen, Shirayuki, Obi and even Raji. Let's discuss something we tend to overlook.

Kiki's decision to endanger herself for the sake of Shirayuki was her ultimate form of showing loyalty to Zen. However, at that very moment, the wind subtly hit the sail for my favourite ship in the story. Mitsuhide, known as the most loyal of all to Zen, strongly opposed Kiki's proposal. Of course, no sane man would want to put his woman at risk no matter what the situation may be.

In the manga, Mitsuhide is one of the most handsome men (alongside Izana); it's even shown that the women in the castle swoon over him from afar. At the same time, the most refined and beautiful woman in the manga is Kiki. It's impossible to not only like them, but not admire them. The character designs for both of them in the anime will never do them justice.

Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Feb 15, 2016 1:07 PM

Jul 2015
First off I want to say I'm in love with the entire cast of characters. Everybody here is amazing. I'm loving Raji more and more too. He's definitely evolved from how he was during ep 1. Also, Shirayuki is such an incredible girl. Her value as a character goes up in my book each episode. Really exciting episode! Kiki is beautiful!
ReguIusFeb 15, 2016 1:24 PM
Feb 15, 2016 1:15 PM

May 2010
Shirayuki! Zen! TT_TT
"Wait for the signal, and I'll meet you after dark"
Feb 15, 2016 2:38 PM

Jun 2013
that was smart using the smoke like that
Feb 15, 2016 2:57 PM

May 2015
Really nice episode. We're getting more development for Raj and (surprisingly) Mihaya as well. Kiki's suggested plan also made her shine a little, I hope it works out fine and the pirate bitch gets put into place.
Feb 15, 2016 4:10 PM

May 2015
Another good episode. As expected, pirate bitch is one twisted fuck. Looks like things get even more serious next episode. Can't wait to see that.

Feb 15, 2016 4:11 PM

Feb 2008
This development is going good so far.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Feb 15, 2016 5:14 PM
Jul 2018
i love how the girls are so strong in this anime! shirayuki and kiki, you rock!!!
Feb 15, 2016 5:35 PM

Jul 2012
Dang things are starting to go down with Zen and everyone teaming up with the Lion of the Mountains and honestly I still think that the leader guy even though he said the reasoning for taking Shirayuki was because of Kazuki, I still think he is her father or someone related to her in someway as he has dark red hair. That was kind of weird that none of them noticed that but probably go more into that in the next episode. Seeing Shirayuki and Kazuki try to escape but fail sucked and then Kazuki got tortured but seeing as Mihaya knows where the base is and Kiki is now on the ship as well I think things will start looking better for them in the next episode. I think next episode Kiki will finally get her time to shine and do something big like stall for time or something and I cannot wait to see what happens.

If you want to see my full review on the episode check out the link to my YouTube channel on my profile page where I make review videos on the current anime!
Feb 15, 2016 7:40 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Hopefully Zen, Obi and their crew can save Shirayuki. Kiki's so brave!

5/5
Feb 15, 2016 8:30 PM

Aug 2011
I hope Obi brings the beat down on the entire crew, he has been holding it in a while.
Feb 15, 2016 8:45 PM

Sep 2014
Moment when Kiki and Mitsuhide slapping on Zen's back. Then, Zen hit on Obi's head. lol

Hopefully to have more screen time for Kiki, bcoz this episode she's awesome xD

Probably just me, but I honestly feel hurt to see Shirayuki cry. Not sure if Saori Hayami did a very good job or I'm always fond of Shirayuki.
Having Kiki with her shud be no problem. Just feel happy when Kiki told her that she can go home.

Loved this episode!
Feb 15, 2016 9:19 PM
Apr 2015
smart moves and courage from Shirayuki and Kiki <3 #GirlPower

Shirayuki is really one of those rare likable damsels in distress.
Feb 15, 2016 9:54 PM

Sep 2013
Girl Power, most definitely.

The pirate woman is such a savage.

I loved the little scenes of Kiki and Mitsuhide slapping Zen on the back.. and Zen head chopping Obi.. Those were so nice~
Feb 15, 2016 9:59 PM
Oct 2013
I don't know why but I want to hear " Onii-sama " from Shirayuki.
Feb 15, 2016 10:50 PM

Oct 2011
Mitsuhide and Kiki hitting Zen. : )

Zen hitting Obi : )

Everyone working together to save Kazuki and Shiraiyuki.

Akatsuki no Yona similar scene. Using smoke to lure the guards out to make their escape.

Kiki telling Zen is here to make her feel better T__T

OMG Prince Raj I LOVE HIS SO MUCH <3
Feb 15, 2016 11:40 PM

Sep 2013
This might be a stupid question, but can't they just raid the ship?
Guess it might be a bit too dangerous...
Feb 16, 2016 6:29 AM

Apr 2014
danieltortoisee said:
Still annoyed with how Shirayuki has been turned into a damsel in distress by being kidnapped yet again, but the episode wasn't too bad other than that.
You are watching a shoujo

this should be second nature common sense by now.
Feb 16, 2016 9:16 AM

Oct 2015
Xynic said:
I thought there was a special reason why Kazuki kidnapped Shirayuki, turns out it's just his stupid selfish reasoning.

Ya even I thought so.
This episode was especially good.

Fake people have an image to maintain. Real people just don’t care.
Feb 16, 2016 10:00 AM
Dec 2013
The reason of Kazuki's kidnapping was a bit disappointing but oh well, I want to know more about the lions of the mountain and what the claw of the sea are really all about now. Also this makes me want a Kiki x Mitsuhide arc or OVA to come soon! I just want Obi to be ok after this and feel like it's not his fault.
Feb 17, 2016 12:24 AM

Nov 2014
I am glad they allowed Kiki to have some significant role. She deserves it.
Honestly, the motive of kidnapping Shirayuki by the mountain ppl surprised me. Freeing her from slavery they say? Can't they, at least, make sure of their facts?
I sincerely hope they have a better reason behind it.
Edit:
Reading back through the comment, seems like we all share the disappointment behind the motive :/
It is seriously very stupid.

A very good episode. My favorite part would be passing the "slap" from Kiki and Mitsihudi to Obi :p
Feb 18, 2016 5:29 AM
Apr 2011
I think I'm gonna fall for Kazuki! He is totally my type!! :D
Feb 18, 2016 11:01 AM

Mar 2013
Huh. That's weird. Why did they have Zen use the bird in the anime version...?
Feb 18, 2016 8:30 PM

Mar 2013
Xynic said:

Hakaya said:

Honestly, the motive of kidnapping Shirayuki by the mountain ppl surprised me. Freeing her from slavery they say? Can't they, at least, make sure of their facts?
Edit:
Reading back through the comment, seems like we all share the disappointment behind the motive :/

Another reveal will be in the next episode or the one after *grins*
KilikcliaFeb 18, 2016 8:34 PM
Feb 19, 2016 12:15 AM

Apr 2010
Is the pirate captain lady voiced by Mitsuki Saiga? It sounds like her lol
Feb 20, 2016 2:59 PM

Nov 2014
Kilikclia said:
Xynic said:

Hakaya said:

Edit:

Another reveal will be in the next episode or the one after *grins*

Looking forward to that.
Feb 20, 2016 8:37 PM

Jan 2015
Kiki to the rescue !! :D
Feb 25, 2016 11:10 PM

Dec 2012
Lol It's Kiki!
I was pretty bored this episode...
Feb 27, 2016 7:55 AM

Aug 2010
So glad they gave Kiki more attention <3 she is definitely my favorite character.
Mar 1, 2016 4:57 PM
Trickster

Jun 2011
I find it extremely lame that it's Zen and company saving the day rather than Obi. The whole time I was hoping he'd take her back to Rah's castle. It would've been good character development for him.

Maybe he'll play a bigger part later on in the rescue.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Akagami no Shirayuki-hime 2nd Season Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 11, 2016

117 by Seraschi »»
Feb 24, 1:44 PM

» Let's vote for production of the third season!

Shadow_Kurgansk - Dec 31, 2023

14 by Shadow_Kurgansk »»
Jan 16, 11:26 PM

» Help Us Promote "Shirayuki no Hime" Season 3 Petition

Shadow_Kurgansk - Jan 2

7 by SwiftSN »»
Jan 4, 7:51 AM

Poll: » Akagami no Shirayuki-hime 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 28, 2016

166 by pufinab »»
Nov 3, 2023 2:40 PM

» Season 3???

WannabeWeeb_ - Jul 22, 2021

15 by HaremKing01 »»
Jul 17, 2023 8:10 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.