Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Feb 14, 2016 12:26 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Damn, what an episode.

Tears and feels especially with that ending ;_; glad to see friends helping though and the action in space was pretty awesome. Carta's role in this is actually more interesting than I had expected with even bits of background story. Mika scared me somewhat as well. Oh Atra's tears...

Stark700Feb 14, 2016 3:05 AM
Feb 14, 2016 2:48 AM

Mar 2014
yo guess Ein will be returned as a cyborg
Feb 14, 2016 3:05 AM

Jul 2014
Holy fcking episode, this exceeded my expectations for this franchise, the feels, the fight sequence just fcking everything!!! definitely a 5/5!!!

Base Mika tho
GariGari: I have pride!!!!
Mika:....ok.
-StrayFeb 14, 2016 3:29 AM
Feb 14, 2016 3:23 AM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
Nice, I thought that was a cliffhanger....

Akihiro's Gusion is always nice to see, the coolest Mobile Suit so far from this show.

Finally, Char Clone's Red Mobile Suit....now it only needs Bits or Funnels for more coolness.

Mecha Ein with Arayashiki system incoming.

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Feb 14, 2016 3:45 AM
Dec 2015
What a episode!

Mika and Kudelia finally shaking hands. The scene was good. Kudelia seems very mature now.

Nice to see more about Carta, Gaelio and McGuillis.. it shows more about the Chocolate Char. There is still something unknow to us.

The battle was insane. Mika have the best dialogues hahahahha

It seems that Ein will return to action with Arayashiki system. He is so sad :/

The scene under the gravity was fantastic. The best scene in the entire show for me <3

WE NEED 50 EPISODES FOR THE ORPHANS.
Feb 14, 2016 3:46 AM

Apr 2012
Great episode! The action was intense this ep.
"Fortress Maximus has come himself. Okay! Then I shall get Fortress Maximus to fight me, huh huh huh!"

Feb 14, 2016 4:00 AM

Oct 2012
Fantastic episode from start to finish, action was great and the end part with the descent to earth was pretty tense but awesome.
Feb 14, 2016 4:03 AM

Jul 2010
Mika confirmed to have big hands for grabbing important bitches.
Feb 14, 2016 4:46 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Hey Kudelia, you know what they say...Big hands...

Big gloves.

Awesome battle in the second half of this episode. Goes to show why making actions scenes in 2D is still the way to go for anime.

I loved how MIkazuki used the opponents body to reduce the effect of friction on his craft. He sure is humilliating the opposition left and right.

I bet any money that Ein will survive and get the surgery.
FarabeufFeb 14, 2016 5:11 AM
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Feb 14, 2016 5:12 AM
Aug 2009
This show is more deeper than I thought before.
Feb 14, 2016 5:26 AM

Apr 2015
Farabeuf said:

I bet any money that Ein will survive and get the surgery.

yeah, he still have to undergo to biggest disappointment
internet is a cruel mistress
Feb 14, 2016 5:45 AM

Jun 2014
MY GOD WAS THAT EPIC. I can't believe that this is such an amazing show. McGillis is such A BEAST. I loved that team up. I loved Suzuhana Yuko's insert song. That dipshit Ein really pissed me off, I hope he died. Everything in that episode was greatness, and when I saw Mika use the MECH of the enemy to land on Earth, was even more insane.
Feb 14, 2016 5:54 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
That was probably the best battle yet

It was interesting to see how Gali Gali, Chocolate Aznable and Captain Sexy Voice met each other and I had a feeling that she had a crush on Chocolate lol xD

Ein is a legend for taking that hit for Gali Gali but he REALLY needs to chill out now....I was impressed by how he shut down the system that Tekkadan's pilots use though....Cybernetics incoming I guess for him

Gali Gali got REKT, Sexy Voice's entire fleet got REKT and Chocolate Aznable went HAM and I was VERY impressed by him and his new machine....Akihiro, the Turbine girls and last but not least Eugene The Man were all very impressive as well

Mika is a fucking legend as usual and that landing on earth was too epic lol....Glad to see that he and Kudelia finally shook hands too....Great episode overall and I loved how Mika got introduced to his namesake....The Crescent Moon

P.S. I hope that I wasn't the only one who had dirty thoughts every time Kudelia mentioned that Mika has Big Hands lol
TokoyaFeb 14, 2016 6:01 AM
Feb 14, 2016 6:23 AM

May 2010
9/10 as long as they dont give me a fuck you ending like alnoah does where the girl likes the mc but doesnt end up with him cuz reasons
Feb 14, 2016 6:40 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Eugene is a fucking madman, holy fuck, mate :O

The descent to earth was the best scene in this show!
Feb 14, 2016 6:42 AM
Oct 2007
Wished the animation quality could have been better but still a good episode nonetheless! I still can't stop mentioning that Gundam is finally back!! Thunderbolt and Iron-Blooded Orphans probably make most Gundam fanboys very happy this week~
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 14, 2016 6:43 AM

Feb 2014
Not as good as the episode 7 battle but still good. While I like the effort of the hand drawn mechs I am starting too see why they choose CGI more often as it actually does look superior and you can do more. Quite often the battles in this you cant tell who is fighting who because its not so smooth. In Gundam 00 I never had this problem.

So they are finally on Earth. Things are starting to progress faster. There is a possibility they do wrap everything this season.

The new fleet commander, the woman. Is anyone else fixated on her weird looking brows?
Feb 14, 2016 6:46 AM

Mar 2014
Great stuff, spotted some really nice animation here and there, Mikazuki's resolve to want to see the earth was great
Feb 14, 2016 6:56 AM

Jul 2015
Sigh... Mikazuki worried me there. Glad he's okay, but damn, dude. ( ._.) Eugene's "cool" moment didn't really last long thanks to Mikazuki. lol

Well there goes Ein. Poor guy, I guess. Gaelio isn't going to be happy.

I'm absolutely loving Carta, by the way.
AmyTwoFeb 14, 2016 6:59 AM
Feb 14, 2016 7:02 AM

Aug 2010
That was amazing!! Always loved Landing on Earth eps in the Gundam Franchise and this one didn't disappoint. The way Mika used the mech of the enemy as a shield was awesome XD
And Dat music!! Made it 10x better. Atra's crying voice "Mikazuki" was cute <3 And Mika seeing the crescent moon was a beautiful touch :*)

Carta's hilarious. She's tsun for Choco and jelly of a loli lololol

U gotta give Eugene his credit. He indeed was friggin cool ^^

Mika's sarcastic "Ahso" when Gali Gali said he has his pride. That was so lol

And was great seeing ChocoChar helping Mika and co. The way Mika could tell it was him from the piloting was awesome

I honestly didn't think Ein would get REKT like that. I don't think he's gonna die tho. He's that persistent vengeful character u gotta have in every Gundam XD
Feb 14, 2016 7:04 AM

Dec 2011
I feel that they should've put more emphasis on the handshake, it kind of wasn't as strong since it was placed at the start. That is how I feel at least.

That explains why Carta has a platoon of blond men. He loves Chocolate Man. Hahaha.

Eugene went nuts piloting two ships at the same time...

I seriously didn't expect Ein will die... but the thing is he removed the cockpit before his mobile suit exploded... just as everybody says, he will get a surgery and for the Alaya-Vijnana system

I thought Barbatos is pretty cool with those sideskirts. Barbatos is looking more complete now. Looks like it will last til the end of the season at least.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 14, 2016 7:28 AM

Feb 2012
Such a badasss reentry.

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Feb 14, 2016 7:38 AM

Apr 2014
Holy fucking shit that was an awesome episode

It seems like Ein always gets fucked up in every battle but he'll probably be badass in the near future

That red mobile suit is pretty cool

OrangeJPFeb 14, 2016 7:45 AM

Feb 14, 2016 7:43 AM

Nov 2008
That was an amazing entry and battle during it, I wonder what that red mobile suit is though, it looks badass. I wasn't worried about re-entry, it isn't the first time a Gundam re-enters freely in one piece.

Feb 14, 2016 7:45 AM

Dec 2014
Absolutely amazing episode.
Gundam Greatness.

Eugene was badass xD

That fight with the Earth in the background was just beautiful to watch.
I love it when the Gundam's morph and flash their eyes XD
Wonder if Ein died :o

Mika using the other mobile suit as a shield, That was such a cool re-entry .

Wonder if they'll rush up and end things in a single season? Personally I would prefer they don't do that.
Feb 14, 2016 7:50 AM

Apr 2015
My favorite battle yet! It was amazing and intense and I actually thought that mika might die at the end..
P.s. PLEASE stop making the antagonists this lovable. First chocolate man and gali gali and now carta, I'm really not looking forward to any of their deaths :(
Feb 14, 2016 7:51 AM

Feb 2015
DAT ending really got me well, the tears and the emotion....i can feel it. Atra....;_;
great episode overall......best episode to me.
Eugene was insane at the first half, and the battle in the second half was epic and intense. that is the best battle from this series to me :D
i thought someone will die in this fight but thank god no one die :)
and finally they arrived on earth...glad to see that and looking foward for next week.
YizelTroFeb 14, 2016 8:02 AM
Feb 14, 2016 7:55 AM

Jul 2015
Raz1515 said:
My favorite battle yet! It was amazing and intense and I actually thought that mika might die at the end..
P.s. PLEASE stop making the antagonists this lovable. First chocolate man and gali gali and now carta, I'm really not looking forward to any of their deaths :(

Ugh. Exactly how I feel, but it's likely gonna happen... since this is Gundam... I'm prepared but... :(
Feb 14, 2016 8:02 AM

Nov 2008
AmyTwo said:
Raz1515 said:

Ugh. Exactly how I feel, but it's likely gonna happen... since this is Gundam... I'm prepared but... :(

Episodes 40-50 are going to be depressing like Zeta.

Feb 14, 2016 8:32 AM
Dec 2015
Tokoya said:
P.S. I hope that I wasn't the only one who had dirty thoughts every time Kudelia mentioned that Mika has Big Hands lol

No, me too! hahahaha
Feb 14, 2016 8:33 AM

Jul 2015
Hoppy said:
AmyTwo said:

Oh god, don't remind me. Loved that anime, but ugh...
Feb 14, 2016 8:43 AM
Dec 2015
Hoppy said:
AmyTwo said:

Im absolutely loving Chocolate Char, Gali Gali and Carta. I hope that none of these die, except Ein. He is so sad, but is boring like Jerid Messa in Zeta.

But I really prepared for depressing episodes like the lasts episodes of Zeta Gundam :( and hope we have a second season with the majestic return of Tekkadan.
Feb 14, 2016 8:47 AM
Dec 2015
AmyTwo said:
Hoppy said:

Zeta is my favorite Gundam series, but....

Feb 14, 2016 8:54 AM

Jul 2015
Celinha87 said:
Hoppy said:

Im absolutely loving Chocolate Char, Gali Gali and Carta. I hope that none of these die, except Ein. He is so sad, but is boring like Jerid Messa in Zeta.

But I really prepared for depressing episodes like the lasts episodes of Zeta Gundam :( and hope we have a second season with the majestic return of Tekkadan.

lol Poor Ein, but I honestly feel the same way about him. It's why it won't faze me that much if he ever croaks or gets offed.
Feb 14, 2016 9:03 AM

Aug 2015
Man what an epic episode! not surprised Ein sacrificed himself to save Gali Gali, rip.
Feb 14, 2016 9:05 AM

Jul 2015
Celinha87 said:
AmyTwo said:

Was trying to figure out how to hide things as spoiler. Took a while. I'm still sort of new here on this site. lol

But yeah.
Feb 14, 2016 9:06 AM

Nov 2007
THE GRAVITY OF WISHES.

So fitting end to everything they went through up to this point. Starting from the handshake all the way to the atmospheric entrance. The best Gundam episode in years.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Feb 14, 2016 9:06 AM
Dec 2015
AmyTwo said:
Celinha87 said:

lol Poor Ein, but I honestly feel the same way about him. It's why it won't faze me that much if he ever croaks or gets offed.

Exactly, I understand your motivation against Tekkadan, but if he dies would be better. I don't want anyone hurting Mika, Orga, Kudelia, Atra, Eugene, Akihiro and company..... :(((((((((((
Feb 14, 2016 9:12 AM
Dec 2015
AmyTwo said:
Celinha87 said:

Was trying to figure out how to hide things as spoiler. Took a while. I'm still sort of new here on this site. lol

But yeah.

HAHAHA I also lose a lot of time trying this ;)

Feb 14, 2016 9:46 AM

Sep 2013
Wow. I did not expect Ein to sacrifice himself so early. Mika was such a savage in this episode. Eugene, definitely, deserves a lot of praise too.

Carta was so annoying. Definitely a tsundere who likes the Chocolate Man.

I was literally on edge watching them go with gravity. Mika being amazed by it at the wrong time =w=;; Atra's tears and that nice ending with the flashback and the "Mikazuki" ;u;
Feb 14, 2016 9:47 AM

Jun 2010
this epsidoe was beuatiful, and the closing music just amplified my feels.

I don't know why but mika has warrior coursing through his veins, his decisions even during the heat of battle are like those made by an seasoned veteran.
<--- Who Your Waifus Look Up To --->
Feb 14, 2016 10:07 AM

Jul 2015
Celinha87 said:
AmyTwo said:

Exactly, I understand your motivation against Tekkadan, but if he dies would be better. I don't want anyone hurting Mika, Orga, Kudelia, Atra, Eugene, Akihiro and company..... :(((((((((((

Yeah. Plus the fact that he's mostly only centered around revenge, it makes him rather dull, in my opinion. That will probably change if he still is alive, but yeah... so far, not really caring much.
Feb 14, 2016 10:18 AM

Jul 2015
Celinha87 said:
AmyTwo said:

But yeah.

HAHAHA I also lose a lot of time trying this ;)

Yeah that's true.

Ugh. I hate these tags. And I was cooking too. XD
Feb 14, 2016 10:29 AM
Dec 2015
AmyTwo said:
Celinha87 said:

Yeah. Plus the fact that he's mostly only centered around revenge, it makes him rather dull, in my opinion. That will probably change if he still is alive, but yeah... so far, not really caring much.

Yeah! I'm praying for that Ein can understand the orphans and join the battles with Tekkadan. This would be perfect.
Feb 14, 2016 10:33 AM

Jan 2016
The first half of this episode felt weirdly... rushed. Not in the sense that it had low production values, but in the sense that it felt sped up or something. You know when you put an Youtube video on 1.25 speed? Kinda like that. Which is probably why i thought Eugene's conversation with Shino felt so unnatural. Still, i can overlook that because ship combat makes my dick diamonds, and the Isaribi ramming that satellite was hype as fuck. All the combat in this episode was very well animated.

In other news, Mikazuki is still boring as fuck, and Ein is probably dead. I kinda liked him, but i can't really feel sad because he did absolutely nothing of relevance. Kinda like those Oz grunts who were semi-important for one or two episodes and then died in Wing. Speaking of Wing, Mika's ability to be almost as boring as Heero is astounding, to say the least. I also think it's kinda weird that Ein would already be ready to die for Galio when the only real thing prompting this was "yeh m8 you're a cool dude even if you're half martian". Oh well, it was still a decent episode.
"Now you have your answer. That's Fire Bomber. We don't know their past or future... they're just here. That's all there is." - Akiko Lips
Feb 14, 2016 10:36 AM

Nov 2007
The moment Mika was about to give up I was like NO WAY! Then the Orga/Mika flashbacks rolled and a light of hope appeared. That was so incredibly reassuring.

This anime has finally impressed me to the point to increase my rating. While I am almost certain the anime will get a sequel, let me busk in the awesomeness by giving the anime a well deserved 9/10.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Feb 14, 2016 10:41 AM
Dec 2015
I think Ein not died. But I think he don't return on this season. He probably will return on season 02 with arayashiki system.
Feb 14, 2016 10:44 AM

Aug 2013
Great episode!!

Been years since we had such a good Gundam! Hope they keep it up till the end.

Really want to see a fight where Mika fights full time with those murderous eyes =x
Feb 14, 2016 10:48 AM
Dec 2014
this episode was so beautiful T_T I loved it so much also LOL the rank went down again ? seriously fucking morons a missing out on this great anime

( most likely they are watching something over hyped and dumb like One punch man an anime with no feels or emotions )
Feb 14, 2016 11:00 AM

Jan 2016
WHOA
HOLD UP
Mika and Ein hate being looked down upon. Both of them are extremely loyal to a certain person who didn't look down on them. So loyal, in fact, that they'd go as far as to risk their own lives just to be useful to that person. Both of them have black hair and blue eyes. Both of them have Martian blood. Could it be that they are somehow related?

Also, in my last comment i said that Ein reminded me of those Wing grunts that were kinda important for a few episodes and then died. Most of those grunts were named after numbers, because that's just how Wing rolls. Incidentally, Ein is "one" in German. Additionally, most of those grunts piloted Leos; Robots that are dark green and have a single vertical yellow visor that looks kind of like an eye. Ein piloted a Graze; A robot that is dark green and has a single vertical yellow visor that looks kind of like an eye.
"Now you have your answer. That's Fire Bomber. We don't know their past or future... they're just here. That's all there is." - Akiko Lips
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 24, 2016

118 by wallus81 »»
Apr 12, 4:44 PM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 10, 2016

128 by wallus81 »»
Apr 12, 3:55 PM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 4, 2015

284 by Pe11etS »»
Apr 8, 1:44 PM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 27, 2015

168 by wallus81 »»
Apr 7, 2:42 AM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 20, 2015

84 by wallus81 »»
Apr 7, 2:20 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.