Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (65) « First ... « 26 27 [28] 29 30 » ... Last »
Feb 13, 2016 10:24 AM

Dec 2012
jstn18 said:
» Watch an anime that focuses on non-romantic relationships

Can anyone recommend me a few shows for this preferably 26 episodes or under. Genre doesnt matter i like almost anything. Thank You!!
Saraiya Goyou (I know I always recommend this one for it, but it's true!)
Feb 13, 2016 10:44 AM

Dec 2014
I could use a few recommendations for these bonus categories:

» Watch an anime which began airing between 1917 and 1940
 » Watch an anime which began airing between 1941 and 1960
 » Watch an anime which began airing between 1961 and 1980

I'd prefer something relatively short that won't be impossible to find. I'd rather not spend a lot of time on bonus challenges, but I want to get them done.

Hell, well I'm at it I might as well ask for recommendations for the rest of the categories I haven't decided on yet:

» Watch an anime by a director/composer/studio you don't know
 » Watch an anime that another user has watched for this challenge
 » Watch an anime series that you can finish in one day (I can finish a 13 episode standard length anime in a day, but only if I'm really into it. Otherwise a short anime is fine)
TwilightAmoryFeb 13, 2016 11:10 AM

Feb 13, 2016 11:10 AM

Apr 2015
TwilightAmory said:
I could use a few recommendations for these bonus categories:

» Watch an anime which began airing between 1917 and 1940
 » Watch an anime which began airing between 1941 and 1960
 » Watch an anime which began airing between 1961 and 1980

I'd prefer something relatively short that won't be impossible to find. I'd rather not spend a lot of time on bonus challenges, but I want to get them done.

Maybe
 » Watch an anime which began airing between 1917 and 1940 : Kuro Nyago (Jan, 1931)
 » Watch an anime which began airing between 1941 and 1960 : Shounen Sarutobi Sasuke (Dec 25, 1959)
Feb 13, 2016 11:12 AM

Dec 2014
-Eien- said:

Maybe
 » Watch an anime which began airing between 1917 and 1940 : Kuro Nyago (Jan, 1931)
 » Watch an anime which began airing between 1941 and 1960 : Shounen Sarutobi Sasuke (Dec 25, 1959)

Excellent, I think I'll use both of those. Thank you!

Feb 13, 2016 1:40 PM

Aug 2008
Ratohnhaketon said:
jstn18 said:

Can anyone recommend me a few shows for this preferably 26 episodes or under. Genre doesnt matter i like almost anything. Thank You!!
Saraiya Goyou (I know I always recommend this one for it, but it's true!)

Ok i will check it out thanks for the recommendation.
Feb 13, 2016 2:21 PM

Dec 2015
Can someone please recommend me an anime with a protagonist who shares my hair color (my hair color is brown)? thanks.
Feb 13, 2016 2:46 PM

Apr 2015
TheRedRipper said:
Can someone please recommend me an anime with a protagonist who shares my hair color (my hair color is brown)? thanks.

Kamisama Hajimemashita, K-On!, The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
Feb 13, 2016 2:57 PM

Mar 2013
TheRedRipper said:

Gate
Sakamichi no Apollon
barakamon
Feb 13, 2016 4:09 PM

Aug 2008
» Watch an anime which began airing between 1981 and 1990
» Watch an anime that has a main character that is a professional in his field
» Watch an anime with an archetype as a main character

I also need some recommendations for these challenges. Genre doesnt matter and i would prefer 26 episodes or less. Thank You!!
Feb 13, 2016 4:49 PM

Jan 2016
Are the applications for the 2016 Anime Watching Challenge still open actually?
please someone let me know through message :)
Feb 13, 2016 6:42 PM

Jul 2014
jstn18 said:
» Watch an anime which began airing between 1981 and 1990
Top wo Nerae! Gunbuster

jstn18 said:
Mangaka-san to Assistant-san to The Animation (mangaka)

jstn18 said:
» Watch an anime with an archetype as a main character
Rozen Maiden (hikikomori)
Feb 14, 2016 5:46 AM

Feb 2014
Kezone said:
Ryuuku666 said:
Can someone please recommend me an anime, 1-cour would be preferred, I don't care about the genre. Thank you!

Here're some options:

Rokka no Yuusha
Rideback
Tsuritama

Thank you, I think I'll go with Rokka no Yuusha :)
Feb 14, 2016 7:19 AM

Aug 2015
anvie said:
Are the applications for the 2016 Anime Watching Challenge still open actually?
please someone let me know through message :)

It's open and you can join/sign up for the challenge at any time; there's another thread to actually sign up:
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1469513
Feb 14, 2016 10:10 AM
Aug 2015
mozgow said:
Daikisei said:
Hi guys~

I have to find an anime which title begins with letter "I" (last letter of Daikisei :3). Genres don't matter, I just want to mention that ecchi is definetly not my thing.

I'm counting on you!
"Inari, Konkon, Koi Iroha." or "Inou-Battle wa Nichijou-kei no Naka de".

Thank you so much! I have chosen Inari, Konkon, Koi Iroha, it seems pretty interesting.
Feb 14, 2016 12:58 PM

Jan 2016
I have a stupid question..
Like alot of you people have this picture of "Anime watching challenge 2016 participant"
I do have like one of these pictures but how do I put them on the forum in the settings? :c
Feb 14, 2016 6:52 PM

Feb 2016
Are we allowed to rewatch anime? I want to use Death Note for my 3-cour anime, but I don't know if I'm allowed to use an already watched anime.
Feb 14, 2016 6:55 PM

Jan 2013
BlackHoleXX said:
Are we allowed to rewatch anime? I want to use Death Note for my 3-cour anime, but I don't know if I'm allowed to use an already watched anime.

There's a challenge specifically asking to rewatch an anime, other than that ...
Nope.
Feb 14, 2016 8:58 PM

Jul 2014
Can I use an anime that started this season but I started watching before I sign up for the challenge?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 14, 2016 9:31 PM
VA-11 HALL-A

Aug 2014
Can someone recommend me some good romance or drama anime for this challenge? Much appreciated. :)

"𝚃𝚒𝚖𝚎 𝚝𝚘 𝚖𝚒𝚡 𝚍𝚛𝚒𝚗𝚔𝚜 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚗𝚐𝚎 𝚕𝚒𝚟𝚎𝚜."
☆ 𝙰𝚗𝚒𝚖𝚎 𝙻𝚒𝚜𝚝 ☆
☆ 𝚅𝙽𝙳𝚋 ☆
☆ 𝙱𝚊𝚌𝚔𝚕𝚘𝚐𝚐𝚎𝚛𝚢 ☆
Feb 14, 2016 9:37 PM

Oct 2014
OmegaOtaku said:
Can someone recommend me some good romance or drama anime for this challenge? Much appreciated. :)
Rec and Hal are good romance anime. Usagi Drop is a good anime in general and there's some good drama in it (the manga is tagged as drama, although the romance in it is infamous).
Feb 14, 2016 9:45 PM
Jul 2018
Could I get some recommendations for the "Watch an anime recommended to you by another Anime Watching Challenge participant" category? I'm up for pretty much anything 26 episodes or less
Feb 14, 2016 10:09 PM

Mar 2013
hamaon said:
Could I get some recommendations for the "Watch an anime recommended to you by another Anime Watching Challenge participant" category? I'm up for pretty much anything 26 episodes or less

Bakuman
Ore monogatari!!
Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso
Feb 14, 2016 10:10 PM

Mar 2013
OmegaOtaku said:

Nodame Cantabile
Chihayafuru
Ore monogatari
Feb 15, 2016 12:08 AM

Jul 2014
Kougar said:
Can I use an anime that started this season but I started watching before I sign up for the challenge?
Yes, you can use it.

hamaon said:
Rurouni Kenshin: Meiji Kenkaku Romantan - Tsuiokuhen
Feb 15, 2016 12:07 PM

Jan 2015
Hey! I have all the stuff on my anime watching challenge list filled out but the
'Watch an anime recommended to you by another Anime Watching Challenge participant' category and I really need recommendations

I would prefer the series to be 12-13 episodes or 5 minute onas but I can go with 25-26 episodes at the most. I don't care too much about the categories. I would greatly appreciate it thanks!
Feb 15, 2016 12:32 PM

Jul 2014
noriakikakyoin said:
Hey! I have all the stuff on my anime watching challenge list filled out but the
'Watch an anime recommended to you by another Aniume Watching Challenge participant' category and I really need recommendations

I would prefer the series to be 12-13 episodes or 5 minute onas but I can go with 25-26 episodes at the most. I don't care too much about the categories. I would greatly appreciate it thanks!
Ghost in the Shell - worst case scenario: you wasted 1 hour and 23 minutes of your life :-)
Feb 15, 2016 1:55 PM

Apr 2015
Hi ! I have a question. It might be a dumb question but anyway. For the challenge ''Watch an anime which began airing between 1991 and 2000'', can I watch an anime that began airing in 2000 or does it have to be BETWEEN 1991 and 2000 ?

And by the way, could someone recommend me an anime for the challenge ''Watch an anime that focuses on a couple with a romantic relationship'' ? I'd like something not too cheesy, if possible...

Feb 15, 2016 2:15 PM

Sep 2014
"Began airing" in 2000 would be fine.

Rec: Spice & Wolf
Feb 15, 2016 6:18 PM

Jan 2015
mozgow said:
noriakikakyoin said:
'Watch an anime recommended to you by another Aniume Watching Challenge participant' category and I really need recommendations

Ghost in the Shell - worst case scenario: you wasted 1 hour and 23 minutes of your life :-)

I was planning on watching Stand Alone Complex for one of the categories and I don't know why I didn't think about watching the film at all whatsoever. Thanks for the reccomendation!
Feb 15, 2016 7:12 PM

Jan 2013
noriakikakyoin said:
mozgow said:

I was planning on watching Stand Alone Complex for one of the categories and I don't know why I didn't think about watching the film at all whatsoever. Thanks for the reccomendation!

This is why I watch everything related to a show for one challenge, it's just to easy to watch a movie related to a show you've already seen for a challenge.
Just my opinion though, I guess it's easier to complete the challenge that way ^^
Feb 15, 2016 7:44 PM
Jul 2018
Thanks guys! I'll probably check out Ore Monogatari or the Kenshin OVAs
Feb 15, 2016 8:07 PM

Oct 2014
PrOxAnto said:
noriakikakyoin said:

This is why I watch everything related to a show for one challenge, it's just to easy to watch a movie related to a show you've already seen for a challenge.
Just my opinion though, I guess it's easier to complete the challenge that way ^^
A lot of the anime I'm watching are parts of large franchises so it would be very difficult for me to do that. I'm using a single entry from Fullmetal Alchemist, Idolm@ster, Pretty Rhythm, A Certain series, Pretty Cure, Jewelpet, Aria, and WIXOSS (I don't even think the movie is subbed yet). These are huge series and I think watching one season is a good way to do it. Some of the spin offs for these are said to be pretty bad so I think it's better to stick to the common path. I may watch more from these franchises in the future, but I don't feel that it's necessary for the challenge.

I'm not using anime related to anime I've already watched for the most part and I'm not using two anime from the same franchise for different challenges. I do specify when I'm watching more than one anime for a challenge (the Madoka movies, for example). I'm partly using this challenge to try out anime that I've been putting off for a long time so for me it makes the most sense to use a different anime for each challenge but not have a rule about completing every franchise. I even watched anime like Smile Precure! (Glitter Force) and Scientific Railgun without watching the anime that came before them.
zombie_pegasusFeb 15, 2016 9:05 PM
Feb 15, 2016 8:50 PM

Mar 2013
PrOxAnto said:
noriakikakyoin said:

Most people use each individual MAL entry as it's own series for the challenge. I used Major to fill out 8 different categories. I would not have used Major if I would have needed to watch 160 eps and a movie for 1 category. Also, watching a series and then it's recap movies, like for Madoka or TTGL, seems redundant.
Feb 15, 2016 11:11 PM

Jan 2013
AudioTsunami said:
PrOxAnto said:

Most people use each individual MAL entry as it's own series for the challenge. I used Major to fill out 8 different categories. I would not have used Major if I would have needed to watch 160 eps and a movie for 1 category. Also, watching a series and then it's recap movies, like for Madoka or TTGL, seems redundant.

You wouldnt have, I understand.
But I would have and do actually.
Probably less likely to do major anime for every challenge, but still.

Reason being that the AWC is meant to discover new things, not shows you've basically already seen, sequels and prequels are not nothing new.

Again like I said, each to their own, I made it my own personal rule, I know I'd be finished way to fast with the challenge other way ^^
Feb 15, 2016 11:22 PM

Jul 2014
Can someone recommend something for "Watch an anime recommended to you by another Anime Watching Challenge participant"? I want a short (~13 episodes) anime if possible, I don't mind which genre/demographic as long as it's not shoujo.

Also, would Usagi Drop count as an "anime with children as the main cast"? If not can someone give me one. (already seen Barakamon)
Feb 16, 2016 12:32 AM

Jan 2013
vikki7783 said:
Can someone recommend something for "Watch an anime recommended to you by another Anime Watching Challenge participant"? I want a short (~13 episodes) anime if possible, I don't mind which genre/demographic as long as it's not shoujo.

Also, would Usagi Drop count as an "anime with children as the main cast"? If not can someone give me one. (already seen Barakamon)

For the ~13 episodes, watch Kokoro Connect, it has 13 episodes and the sequel Michi Random has 4 extra.

I absolutely loved it :)
Feb 16, 2016 12:40 AM

Jul 2014
PrOxAnto said:
vikki7783 said:

For the ~13 episodes, watch Kokoro Connect, it has 13 episodes and the sequel Michi Random has 4 extra.

Thank you! Although I actually already started Kokoro Connect. This year. But I put it on hold. Would it count if it was recommended after I started it (in the same year) but before I finished it?
Feb 16, 2016 12:59 AM

Feb 2014
Hello everyone! I've been really enjoying my first go at this challenge, I need some help though.

Could someone find an anime on my PTW list to fit any of these categories, since I haven't seen them I don't know if they actually fit...

My ptw list: http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Thnx4dafood?status=6&tag=

Categories I need filled:

» Watch an award-winning work
» Watch an anime with adults as the main cast
» Watch an anime with children as the main cast
» Watch an anime with a main character that is not Japanese
» Watch an anime one-/two-/three-cours (or more) in length (easy/medium/hard)
» Watch an original anime

If you can find some that im already planning to watch that'd be great
Feb 16, 2016 2:40 AM

Jan 2013
vikki7783 said:
PrOxAnto said:

Thank you! Although I actually already started Kokoro Connect. This year. But I put it on hold. Would it count if it was recommended after I started it (in the same year) but before I finished it?

Sure, as long as it's this year.
To be safe, watch it from the start, or just say you did ^^
Feb 16, 2016 6:14 AM
Jul 2018
@Thnx4dafood

» Watch an award-winning work - Animation Work Award Shirobako
Feb 16, 2016 7:26 AM

Mar 2012
@Thnx4dafood Original: Paranoia Agent

Are you ok with recommendations not on your PTW?
Feb 16, 2016 8:32 AM

Jul 2009
Thnx4dafood said:
Hello everyone! I've been really enjoying my first go at this challenge, I need some help though.

Could someone find an anime on my PTW list to fit any of these categories, since I haven't seen them I don't know if they actually fit...

» Watch an award-winning work - Love Live! (Anime Work Award)
» Watch an anime with adults as the main cast - Shirobako
» Watch an anime that focuses on non-romantic relationships - Natsume Yuujinchou
» Watch an anime that has a main character that is a professional in his field - Steins;Gate (Makise is scientist)
» Watch an anime with a main character that is not Japanese - Strike Witches
» Watch an original anime - Zankyou no Terror

» Watch an anime with children as the main cast - Sen to Chihiro no Kamikakushi ? (not sure if this can pass...)

You don't have anything on PTW what suits this:
» Watch an anime one-/two-/three-cours (or more) in length (easy/medium/hard) - you're watching Nana, you can use it for this since it's 34+ episodes
nameaFeb 16, 2016 8:42 AM
Feb 16, 2016 11:49 AM

Mar 2013
Thnx4dafood said:

» Watch an award-winning work
» Watch an anime with adults as the main cast
» Watch an anime with children as the main cast
» Watch an anime with a main character that is not Japanese
» Watch an anime one-/two-/three-cours (or more) in length (easy/medium/hard)
» Watch an original anime

» Watch an award-winning work Spirited Away (It won an Oscar in 2003)

» Watch an anime with adults as the main castShirobako (well received anime from last year)

» Watch an anime that focuses on non-romantic relationships Death Parade (It's a real mess of a show but it's on your ptw)

» Watch an anime with children as the main cast Non Non Biyori(Seems like something you'd enjoy but it's not on your PTW. Nothing else on your list qualfies)

» Watch an anime that has a main character that is a professional in his field Garden of Words - Also not on your list, but the only thing that has a professional on your ptw list is Shirobako but that's also the only thing with adults as the main cast. The guy who suggested Stein;s Gate is incredibly misinformed because Kirisu is a student and that's already been discussed at length in this thread. The main girl in Garden of Words is a teacher)

» Watch an anime with a main character that is not Japanese Akatsuki no Yona

» Watch an original anime Resonance in terror

» Watch an anime one-/two-/three-cours (or more) in length (easy/medium/hard

I don't know which cour you need. If you need two, use accel world, if you need three. you need to find something that fits it cause it's not on your PTW.
Feb 16, 2016 3:18 PM

Sep 2012
I was wondering if Ikaros from Sora no Otoshimono would count for the Non-japanese challenge? I mean she's not Japanese she's an Angeloid. Plus she has rose pink colored hair. -_- idk. Please help.

Also a recommendation for Watch an anime recommended to you by another Anime Watching Challenge participant. Thanks ^_^
momokusheilaFeb 16, 2016 3:25 PM
Feb 16, 2016 3:25 PM

Oct 2014
momokusheila said:
was wondering if Ikaros from Sora no Otoshimono would count for the Non-japanese challenge? I mean she's not Japanese she's an Angeloid. Plus she has rose pink colored hair. -_- idk. Please help.

Also a recommendation for Watch an anime recommended to you by another Anime Watching Challenge participant. Thanks ^_^
There's already a challenge for a non-human character. The non-Japanese challenge implies that they are human but not from Japan eg. Kiniro Mosaic, Spice and Wolf, Fullmetal Alchemist, ect.
Feb 16, 2016 3:26 PM

Feb 2014
AudioTsunami said:

» Watch an anime that has a main character that is a professional in his field Garden of Words - Also not on your list, but the only thing that has a professional on your ptw list is Shirobako but that's also the only thing with adults as the main cast. The guy who suggested Stein;s Gate is incredibly misinformed because Kirisu is a student and that's already been discussed at length in this thread. The main girl in Garden of Words is a teacher)

Yea I heard that from another staff member and in this thread previously, oh well.

Can anyone recommend another anime with a MC who is a proff. in his/her field??
I would like a show 10-26 ep if possible.

Also I never got an ok on this: Would Monster Musume no Iru Nichijou count as a non-human MC. I know all the Mc girls are not 100%human but are they considered half...... would it count XD
Feb 16, 2016 3:39 PM

Oct 2014
Thnx4dafood said:
AudioTsunami said:

Yea I heard that from another staff member and in this thread previously, oh well.

Can anyone recommend another anime with a MC who is a proff. in his/her field??
I would like a show 10-26 ep if possible.

Also I never got an ok on this: Would Monster Musume no Iru Nichijou count as a non-human MC. I know all the Mc girls are not 100%human but are they considered half...... would it count XD
Bartender (11 eps) and The Idolm@ster (25 eps, Producer).

Yes, it works. Apparently Suu is not even part human and she is a main character. Part humans would probably still work, though.
Feb 16, 2016 3:57 PM

Feb 2014
Bartender (11 eps) and The Idolm@ster (25 eps, Producer).

Yes, it works. Apparently Suu is not even part human and she is a main character. Part humans would probably still work, though.[/quote]
[/quote]

Thanks so much :)

BTW Non Non Biyori was recomended for the all children cast slot. I read the some of characters are older than 10.. that still counts though?
Feb 16, 2016 4:20 PM

Aug 2008
Would Gate: Jieitai Kanochi nite, Kaku Tatakaeri count as a main character thats a professional in there field since the main character is a soldier.
Feb 16, 2016 4:24 PM

May 2009

BTW Non Non Biyori was recomended for the all children cast slot. I read the some of characters are older than 10.. that still counts though?

Three of them are in middle school (if you count Suguru) and two of them are in elementary school. I guess it depends of where you draw the line between children and teenagers.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (65) « First ... « 26 27 [28] 29 30 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» For those who ever rewatch anything, are there any anime you can't really casually rewatch in whole or in part due to intensity?

WatchTillTandava - 3 hours ago

9 by Luchipher-Zen »»
3 minutes ago

» Early-mid 2000s anime – what are your thoughts?

Haneken2086 - Yesterday

31 by WatchTillTandava »»
19 minutes ago

» Do you drop shows? ( 1 2 )

EverRealm - Yesterday

56 by RantingMarauder »»
24 minutes ago

Poll: » What position do you watch anime in?

Spunkert - Yesterday

18 by Daviljoe193 »»
41 minutes ago

» peak piece

Cyborgium - Mar 28

6 by SnipeStrike »»
47 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.