Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Feb 11, 2012 7:02 PM

Sep 2008
I approve of the new OP. It is much more SnS-like. Previous OP was pretty lame and I was losing hope for the show to even have a decent opening if nothing else.

It took 14 episodes for Yuji to explain what he was doing, when he could have done it from the beginning in about 20 seconds. Such a super solid story right there, no flaws at all.
Feb 23, 2012 2:01 AM

Sep 2010
I was quite amazed with this episode, finally some development after the boring fight the last eps. I have a lag with this show, so I'm continuing immediately.

5layer said:
I approve of the new OP. It is much more SnS-like. Previous OP was pretty lame and I was losing hope for the show to even have a decent opening if nothing else.

It took 14 episodes for Yuji to explain what he was doing, when he could have done it from the beginning in about 20 seconds. Such a super solid story right there, no flaws at all.

Completely agreed, even though last opening was nice, it didn't really fit SnS.

And it took much too long to explain just those little things, it got kind of boring at some parts. I'm glad they finally moved on to a new part.
ObinderuFeb 23, 2012 2:08 AM
Feb 24, 2012 9:30 PM

Nov 2007
yeah, sorry I'm still with the bad guys here. the Flame Haze are idiots and unlikeable. Yuji and the God of Creating gave a nice speech, why not have him create his new peaceful world? the flame haze just seem like bitter crybabies with their annoying grandma nun.

anyway GO BAD GUYS! GO YUJI, AND AWESOME SNAKE GOD!
Mar 20, 2012 10:11 PM

Sep 2011
Man Yuji is a fkin genius when it comes down to breaking down people mentally. xD
Mar 25, 2012 9:07 PM

Nov 2011
Mar 26, 2012 8:08 PM

May 2010
Maybe this is the whole point of the series, that the bad guys actually turn out to be the good guys. I mean, they seemed to have nefarious aims in the first two seasons, but at the same time they need to eat humans to survive, right? If they're going into a new world and leaving humans alone, then continuing to fight them is like animal rights activists attacking vegetarians.

On the other hand, can we really believe this God? He says he's perfected his technique, so I presume it was too risky to try beforehand. Is it just boastful hubris and he really is still going to put the world at risk?? More importantly, is there any way for the flame hazes to know if they can trust him?

It would be interesting if this show that was shallow for the first two seasons all of a sudden turned into a more ambiguous show that challenges our notions of good and evil. It's perhaps too much to hope for, but it would be pretty cool if they went that route.
“Money can't buy dere”
Apr 1, 2012 1:35 PM
Feb 2011
I fail to see why Yuji has yet to stop the fighting on both sides rather then just the flame hazes. It also feels like they are just dragging the show out to put in maybe a few more plot twists when they could have easily and justifiably ended it with Yuji's plan. Or hell at east the leaders from both sides could talk about it? Why can't the nun just tell them why it wouldn't work if she thinks it wont.

I'm not feeling this season as much as the last 2.
Apr 6, 2012 9:56 AM

Feb 2012
That's it, I'm dropping this crap.

Retarded fight scenes out of naruto.
Crappy realizations during battles.
Commanders pondering whether to retreat or not for hours when their forces are slaughtered.
Gay speeches.
Beings that are hundreds of years old act like immature teenagers.
Scenes that could have looked cooler if they were done better. But they weren't, so they suck.
Crappy CG snake.
And more.
Apr 8, 2012 9:29 AM

Sep 2011
Why is with all SnS seasons that the first op is always better? :/

About the season being worse than the others. I disagree. Shana's reason to don't like Yuji's ambition may be a bit pointless, but believe me, when someone like the Sairei no Hebi and Bal Masque with all their previous evil schemes are trying propose such a genuinely good plan then there surely must be some ulterior motives behind it.
I also really like the fight scenes in this season, Shana is also becoming more awesome by each episode. And thank god there wasn't any love-triangle/love-square (Konoe). The lack of slice of life bits actually fits the season more as it is the conclusion of the story where battles should be in the foreground.
May 7, 2012 6:47 PM
Dec 2008
If what Yuji said is true, then the flame hazes are actually the bad guys.

Also, this show is getting worst and worst for me. I don't know why but I don't feel like watching t anymore... Damn, can't stop here though :S
May 11, 2012 7:58 AM

Jun 2008
Tsh, I swear they will try to justify the injustice of Yuji's dream by saying, oh look, if you create Xanadu then this world will be unstable, balance distorted, etc.

Damn it all, I gotta say, the plot is actually kind of original. That doesn't mean it's good though.

I gotta say, this third season have put the fans at their place. The lack of slice of life could also be a problem for many. In terms of plot, I can't decide who to root for. There clearly isn't a line between good and evil now. This in a way can put off many fans. Before we see that the Tomogara as strictly soulless monsters snatching human's existence. At face value the Tomogara sounds horrible, looks horrible, and do horrible things. But now, Yuji's plan to create a suitable world for Tomogara puts them directly at a crossroad. I can see why the Flame Hazes are going batshit crazy seeing as their existence are now directly being questioned - especially for a group of people that "sold" their past existence to protect other's existence. And the fact that they lived for hundreds of years without having to question their core existence could easily make their mind fugged.

On the one hand, in Xanadu Tomogara will still be snatching existence, just that Yuji apparently will create an infinite amount of it (sounds sketchy imo), on the other the current world will be free of Tomogara snatching existences.

At episode 14 after so much details have passed by, we're still left with so many questions. Questions I don't really know exactly what they are. It just feel, after half the season has gone by, there's still a cloud of confusion - not mystery in a good sense. It feels some details should've been mentioned before goals and motaivations are established. This air of confusion indicate two things: Either the fans are not paying enough attention - and this is true to an extent because it seems many just wanted a school slice of life with some supernatural attached to it, while the other concern is that the plot is legitimately confusing because of some details left out of the story that justify character goals, actions, and what not.

And reading some of the thread, I still don't see why the Tomogara should continue to kill Flame Haze. I get that they're just doing it because it's true there will be stubborn Flame Hazes that will always oppose Yuji, but on the other hand their ongoing slaughter kind of FUEL that opposition that much stronger to resist them. It feels like a negotiation is impossible just because the series have established itself to be an action series with DBZ aura powerups. The only negotiation we've seen was with Shana and Yuji, and Shana's ideals sounds utterly pathetic compared to Yuji's.

Ah well, gotta keep watching.
TachiiMay 11, 2012 8:10 AM
May 15, 2012 9:16 PM

Apr 2007
gawd so many long posts in this thread. Snake dude's plan sure sounds like a good idea, but so far we've only been told of the idea and not of the process or any side effects. There's no proof that the world will remain the same after being copied, only Snake dude believes (or is making people believe) this will work without any problems. The Flame Hazes on the other hand have nothing so far, but their will to fight. Or what's left of it....

I'm looking forward to seeing where this goes. FINALLY the series has something interesting to offer. Took long enough! This certainly has made me care more about finishing it, tho I'm not even sure what about Shana has made me watch all the season lol

Also have to say, Snake dude's speech at the end was quite awesome. Dat Hayami Show~~
May 24, 2012 7:16 PM

Feb 2009
Am I the only one thinking the plan sounds way too convenient, clean and happy-endingish to be true? Yuji is obviously lying.

(Since the anime is already completed, people with sufficient knowledge might or might not laugh at me at this point, but whatever.)
Jun 7, 2012 8:58 AM
Jul 2010
I read on another forum where people questioned why some fans of the show were actually rooting for the Bal Masque are as most refer to them ... "the bad guys".
Well, first of all I'd like to say that I have almost always cheered for the "villains" in cartoons. The good guys are just too... I dunno? fated to win? Even in shows/comics where the good guys don't win we as viewers are left with feeling that the author was saying it is a downer ending. That is bad I think... why should it be a downer ending just because the "good guys" lose?

Now, more specifically for this show Shagukan no Shana... first of all the whole thing about Flame Haze's always disgusted me. Sure enough they protect humans from these other Crimson Denizens (who basically only see us as food/raw material) but if you look at it from a strictly impartial point of view... who the hell gave the Flame haze the right to murder Crimzon Denizens? To make a comparison it would be kind of like vegetarians suddenly starting to kill meat eaters because we eat meat... or say "treehuggers" starting to go ballistic on people that chop down trees to get firewood.
The concept is just ridiculous. Why should we humans be put above the food chain and not be a source of nutrition? ...and of course then there are the main "heroes" themselves.

Shana must be one of the single most loathsome main characters I've ever come across. Her lolidom seems forced and her tsundere ways don't add anything... but it is her almost complete lack of empathy that is the worst. She is JUST a tool. The name she took for herself was Shana and if I recall correctly that meant blade or something similar?

In the first season almost all of her first enemy Crimson Denizens all fought for heir love but she just fought to "kill" them because that was the only thing she did. She didn't really care at first at all about people other than that her protecting them was her job. So from a certain point of view Shana was just a murderous monster while her first enemies sacrificed their lives for their love.

Now in the final season Shana still hasn't fully figured out what "love" is, and worse still seem unable to empathize with all other living beings. She hunt the Bal Masque and their Rinne because that is her job... but the Bal Masque are seen as "bad" because they hunt humans. But look at those Rinne that were put there to protect and serve Shana? Sure they had bee put there by Yuji but did that really make them bad? Even when Shana started crawling away one of the hurt Rinne tried to stop her because Yuji wanted to save Shana from being a tool. Shana didn't understand and just murders the Rinne that was trying to help her... never caring a bit that she just killed somebody just because they were holding her leg.

I’d love to go into further detail trashing these ”good guys”, how they take cheap shots and finish of their enemies when the opponent is rendered unable to fight back due to 3rd party circumstances... I mean in war this is the smart thing to do, but what does it really teach us when the only ones that do this are the heroes? I can’t recall a single time in any of seasons when any of the ”bad guys” killed off their enemy using a cheap shot or even tried to.

Okay, so what is this evil plan that the bad guys have ben working towards all this time? The thing that the Flame Haze are doing their best to stop?
It’s creating a third world where all the Crimson Denizens can live and be happy so they never will bother the human world EVER again. Holy crap! As the heroes we MUST stop this plan at all cost because if we don’t then... we as Flame Haze lose our purpose as tools!!! OMG!!

So yeah... the Flame Haze, the ”good guys” basically are against stopping the killing of Crimson Denizens and eating of humans because if they do then they would be out of work. So Yuji told this to the Flame haze and all the non important ”good guys” go crazy having lost their purpose (lolwut?) And in come the Crimson Denizens to continue their assault on this dangerous band of murderous Flame Hazes... good riddance I say. If they can’t be happy that they no longer have an enemy to kill, then they are just trash!
YavieJun 7, 2012 9:09 AM
Jun 20, 2012 6:56 PM

Jul 2007
New opening as the 2nd act of season 3 begins, the flame haze have lost all will to fight, so thier for they are retreating. I never thought i would say this but im actually rooting for the aposite side lol as apposed to the flame hazes ideal's yuji's ideal makes alot more sence.

so thats his true ambition to create a replica world with an infinite ammount of existence, thier for no one will ever have to suffer dying or turning into torches any more. The way of the yuji's existence and the world he encountered since the first episode of the series, now i can see why he wants to side with the god of creation in achieving this ambition. But that can also be a bad thing in the long run, since the world has a infinite ammount of existence, their may be another alternate motive that the serpent of ritual the god of creation is trying to achieve as well, who knows, he is the main antagonist after all.
ArtimesGamerJun 20, 2012 7:00 PM

Jun 20, 2012 7:14 PM

Jul 2007
Tachii said:
Tsh, I swear they will try to justify the injustice of Yuji's dream by saying, oh look, if you create Xanadu then this world will be unstable, balance distorted, etc.

Damn it all, I gotta say, the plot is actually kind of original. That doesn't mean it's good though.

I gotta say, this third season have put the fans at their place. The lack of slice of life could also be a problem for many. In terms of plot, I can't decide who to root for. There clearly isn't a line between good and evil now. This in a way can put off many fans. Before we see that the Tomogara as strictly soulless monsters snatching human's existence. At face value the Tomogara sounds horrible, looks horrible, and do horrible things. But now, Yuji's plan to create a suitable world for Tomogara puts them directly at a crossroad. I can see why the Flame Hazes are going batshit crazy seeing as their existence are now directly being questioned - especially for a group of people that "sold" their past existence to protect other's existence. And the fact that they lived for hundreds of years without having to question their core existence could easily make their mind fugged.

On the one hand, in Xanadu Tomogara will still be snatching existence, just that Yuji apparently will create an infinite amount of it (sounds sketchy imo), on the other the current world will be free of Tomogara snatching existences.

At episode 14 after so much details have passed by, we're still left with so many questions. Questions I don't really know exactly what they are. It just feel, after half the season has gone by, there's still a cloud of confusion - not mystery in a good sense. It feels some details should've been mentioned before goals and motaivations are established. This air of confusion indicate two things: Either the fans are not paying enough attention - and this is true to an extent because it seems many just wanted a school slice of life with some supernatural attached to it, while the other concern is that the plot is legitimately confusing because of some details left out of the story that justify character goals, actions, and what not.

And reading some of the thread, I still don't see why the Tomogara should continue to kill Flame Haze. I get that they're just doing it because it's true there will be stubborn Flame Hazes that will always oppose Yuji, but on the other hand their ongoing slaughter kind of FUEL that opposition that much stronger to resist them. It feels like a negotiation is impossible just because the series have established itself to be an action series with DBZ aura powerups. The only negotiation we've seen was with Shana and Yuji, and Shana's ideals sounds utterly pathetic compared to Yuji's.

Ah well, gotta keep watching.

Very great explanation on the whole thing, and i totally agree.

This episode alone really changed the whole main point of view of the plot, sure it was a pretty shocking plot twist to say the least, but now that i see the true goals of the tomagara and yuji's ideal. It makes the flame hazes, which are supposedly the main characters in this core story as the good guys, questionable. The line between evil and good is kind of blurry at this point. Shana's ideal just for love is aboslutly ridiculousness just like you said compared to yuji ideal's which are much more understandable, now im starting to feel for the tomagara as apposed to the flame hazes, i just wish thier was much character devolopement with more of the trinity members and the other tomagara, thats why its so confusing because alot of those plot threads are just missing from the core story.

Jul 5, 2012 7:41 PM

Jan 2011
Even if Sophie suspected "Yuji"s goal: Why is it bad that she doesn't tell the others what she suspect, when "Yuji" formulated that plan over the last 3000 years and didn't tell a single person, no even Shana when he had all the time in the world?

Why is it excusable that he asked them "what are you fighting for? there is nothing to fear", and the moment they drop their weapons the Tomogora slaughter them? When assuming the most positive (for Yuji) explanation, he doesn't have control over his army. Seeing his power, and them cheering and stuff, it's more likely that he simply lied.

The Flame Haze were already retreating, the only ones fighting were defending a single point, they did not chase when the attackers withdrew. Yet the Tomogora fired their artiillery, twice, and they ran after the ones who dropped their weapons.

Yuji may have a noble goal, but it's not sure if he can actually achieve it, so far it's only theory crafting. Of course he can't know for sure without trying, but then he should admit it. Instead, he hides behind words and semantics, and accuses them.

Yuji is not someone who tries to think of the best way for everyone, he is taking the shortest route to fullfilling his wish. Yuji is, as he and the Snake of the Festival were alone, too, absolutely selfish.

Giving the denizes a new world is simly the means he chose to end the war so that Shana doesn't have to fight, not because he wants them to have a world. Also, he didn't even ask Shana if she does want to stop fighting.

Tell your army to stand down, let the Flame Haze retreat, meet with Sophie and Shana and explain in detail what you want to do, why and how, and don't abuse it as a rallying speech for your army and to demoralize the already broken and reteating Flame Haze.

I do not really like Sophie, she is quite useless, the only thing she has in her favor is taking care of Decarabia, but she is not really a good later, and she doesn't fight with her troops. When they were in disarray arround her, she was literally helpless. But that has nothing do with the war itself.

Yuji certainly never heard of the Geneva Conventions, or chose to ignore it. You can not call someone like that good, no matter what his enemies have done. At best (for Yuji), both are equally evil, but seeing that the Flame Haze did not lie, or break stuff like the Geneva convention, and the Tomogora started it (even if you say the Flame Haze do no longer care about balance, but for revenge, this still means someone, as in, a Tomogora, did something terrible. Without a foul deed, there is no revenge. And don't suddenly invent that the Flame Haze started all of this, that would go against the whole backstory the anime tells, and is not even disputed in universe).

To sum it up: If Yuji would act reasonable, it would be possible to discuss the grand order, and if there really is no negative impact on the world, i am sure Shana would convince everyone to let him execute it. Thats actually what she is saying. Once the war is over, she will search for a path with him.

Instead of this, Yuji tries to eradicate everyone who is against this, so that when he actually executes his grand order he can say "told you, there is no negative impact" - because everyone who would have been affected negatively is already dead.
Jul 6, 2012 2:33 AM
Apr 2009
@NwAurion

You (and all who post about "reasonable talking" and "useless war") don't understand one thing (though it's not your fault, it's J.C.Stafs fault for poor 1st and 2nd adaptations) about Flame Hazes and Tomogaras. Basically they hate each other. And this hate has more than 3000 years history (they're all don't age so go figure). Remember that almost all of FH became one because of their hate. So even if someone said:"Well shit now you can't fight each other anymore" they won't listen to him. Not FH nor Tomogaras. It was pretty well explained in novels and omitted in anime
Aug 13, 2012 3:43 PM

Mar 2012
Awesome, I love Yuji's plan.

Remember that the flame hazes didn't casually just sign up for this...they all have a Tomogara that they desire to kill. It's what drives them, that revenge. With the tomogara gone, they can't have that.
"We're nothing more than fools and whores with sad highs"
Dec 23, 2012 9:42 AM

Sep 2011
I finally understand all of these bullshit especially Yuji's objective. These Flame Haze are all just dickheads especially that nun.

Though I kinda bored with all of these all-out war because this is something like a copy of ZnT.

Dec 23, 2012 9:47 AM

Sep 2011
I finally understand all of these bullshit especially Yuji's objective. These Flame Haze are all just dickheads especially that nun.

Though I kinda bored with all of these all-out war because this is something like a copy of ZnT.

Feb 11, 2013 4:30 PM

Jun 2012
Yuuji is one of my favorite characters now, and his goal would be best for everyone.
Feb 12, 2013 10:35 PM

Jan 2013
Why isn't the nun dead yet? seriously.
Feb 21, 2013 3:21 PM

Jan 2012
Those weak unnamed flame haze were like programmed robots, don't have a soul. When their existent were told to divide by 0(undefined), all their system crashed.
Mar 20, 2013 12:21 PM

Sep 2012
as i say'd before, they are religious fools who only believe old stories from ancient people that this god is good & this god is evil, they see only black & white, cause they have been taught that Snake god's/monster side is evil & they are good monster hunters, & never considers that this teachings mite be wrong!!! that's why war is inevitable, that what they have can be called religion!!!

problem with this Hazes is that they have never tasted normal life like others so they ton't know how to live if they are no longer monster hunters

i feel sry for Shana cause she is still blinded bi her religion!!!
Mar 20, 2013 12:28 PM

Sep 2012
Ovindel said:
I was quite amazed with this episode, finally some development after the boring fight the last eps. I have a lag with this show, so I'm continuing immediately.

5layer said:

Completely agreed, even though last opening was nice, it didn't really fit SnS.

And it took much too long to explain just those little things, it got kind of boring at some parts. I'm glad they finally moved on to a new part.

i like the old OP, but the old OP reminded me 2much of anime, ENG named A Certain Magical Index
Mar 20, 2013 12:29 PM

Sep 2012
OriginANIME said:
Man Yuji is a fkin genius when it comes down to breaking down people mentally. xD

so true LOL, but it was snake who did it, at lest this time :D
Mar 20, 2013 12:37 PM

Sep 2012
Sprawls said:
If what Yuji said is true, then the flame hazes are actually the bad guys.

Also, this show is getting worst and worst for me. I don't know why but I don't feel like watching t anymore... Damn, can't stop here though :S

it wold mean there are no god or bad guys here!!! Hazes side is just punch of idiots, i think religious fools is more correct to say, cause this is religion
Aug 17, 2013 11:10 AM

May 2013
Nice new op but i kind a like the previous op. im still siding on balmasque even i pity the flamehaze
Oct 26, 2013 7:09 PM

May 2007
elior1 said:
i honestly don't see what wrong with yujji create a world between the rift only for the denizens. after all that way they wont kill or eat any human and wont get killed by flame hazes.

This plus Yuji and I believe the God of Creation believe it so they are not evil. Very confusing that the Flame Hazes, Shana and the leader who seem to just want to fight to fight.

I hope that it isn't all a lie and the Flame Hazes turn out to be good.
My anime list
Nov 1, 2013 12:48 PM

Sep 2012
i'l explain Yujii/Snake plan a bit, some people may have missed it, Yujii/Snake say'd that in that new world they ton't need to devour humans cause the power of existence is flowing trough it, u know what it means right? it means that their feeding becomes more like breathing air for humans

Flame-Hazes to u really want to fight & die so badly? to u really like to see people suffer(including ur comrades)? isn't it selfish of u? why not live like humans?

Flame-Hazes should be happy that they are free, cause they have no reason to fight, new they can return to their past life, i mean like they lived in the past, live like a human, & happy about that no more comrades nor humans will die
Sugram22Nov 6, 2013 3:03 PM
Dec 6, 2013 8:06 AM
Mar 2013
Love the new OP and I'm still getting used to the new ED. I'm sure it will grow on me in time.

Anyway, I'm glad Fecor survived long enough to see his hard work pay off. How many tomogaras have died off already?

The tomogara side has lost tons of their best commanders. I count Decarabia, Fecor, LionMan, Sabrac for starters.

This show is making a HUGE deal about the flame hazes getting annihilated but for all their worry none of the top players have died, just nameless unknowns.

The flame haze side has lost, hmm, nameless guy 1, 2, 3 etc. Stop making this war so one-sided. Make it interesting and kill of a few important flame hazes already >:(
Dec 24, 2013 9:56 PM

Mar 2012
Yuji proclaims a new world for all the crimsons to move to. The flame haze higher ups don't want this since they'll have no reason to exist anymore, uh huh, selfish bastards. They don't care for the well being of living humans at all.
Siding with the snake is a lot more reasonable.
Apr 6, 2014 9:57 PM

Mar 2013
newnar said:
Valky said:
They don't give a fuck you say? Of course they do. If Xanadu exists, they are no longer needed. Duh.

They can very well live on with their normal lives.<<BTW, isn't this what Yuji wants with Shana from the entire start?

If not,
that makes the entire Flame Haze faction alot less on the protagonist side. Imagine policemen killing normal people just because there are no more criminals.

LOL, this is so true and twisted. The idea of police killing regular civilians due to their being no criminals left is exactly what is going on here with the Homicidal Flame Hazes.

Persocom said:
So far I don't see much reason to side with the Flame Hazes.. I guess they want us to cheer the denizens on?

You are not alone, only a fool would side with the Flame Hazes at this point. I imagine the author didn't realize how badly they botched things since there is almost universal support for the Tomogara and the Flame Hazes are largely despised.

Kami_Keima said:
What? This episode was completely weird. The flame hazes are acting like total idiots. What sounds bad about the plan? Why was there still people fighting after the war was announced over? And most importantly when is the Nun gonna die?

You think Nun bitch needs a reason> No her foolish tools will listen to her just because. Yes we all wish she would be brutally murdered already.

mystik said:
yeah, sorry I'm still with the bad guys here. the Flame Haze are idiots and unlikeable. Yuji gave a nice speech, why not have him create his new peaceful world? the flame haze just seem like bitter crybabies with their annoying grandma nun. !

It seems most of us know who the real villains are.

Yavie said:

Okay, so what is this evil plan that the bad guys have ben working towards all this time? The thing that the Flame Haze are doing their best to stop?
It’s creating a third world where all the Crimson Denizens can live and be happy so they never will bother the human world EVER again. Holy crap! As the heroes we MUST stop this plan at all cost because if we don’t then... we as Flame Haze lose our purpose as tools!!! OMG!!

So yeah... the Flame Haze, the ”good guys” basically are against stopping the killing of Crimson Denizens and eating of humans because if they do then they would be out of work. So Yuji told this to the Flame haze and all the non important ”good guys” go crazy having lost their purpose (lolwut?) And in come the Crimson Denizens to continue their assault on this dangerous band of murderous Flame Hazes... good riddance I say. If they can’t be happy that they no longer have an enemy to kill, then they are just trash!

The truth, plain and simple.

Tennouji_ said:

wektip said:
Why isn't the nun dead yet? seriously.

Yeh we all want her dead...

ninja88880 said:
Yuji proclaims a new world for all the crimsons to move to. The flame haze higher ups don't want this since they'll have no reason to exist anymore, uh huh, selfish bastards. They don't care for the well being of living humans at all.
Siding with the snake is a lot more reasonable.

Anyone who sides with the flame hazes is truly delusional.
SlickDApr 6, 2014 10:32 PM
Apr 7, 2014 4:06 PM

Aug 2013
Damn, Yuuji/Snake dude can be so evil. That mental breakdown was pure sadism xD

Well, now the Flame Hazes all got owned so much that it look like there won't rest much in the end.

Creating a new world on bodies and blood... Even if he succeed, how will one forgive him for all the lives he took?

I don't really understand why the Flame Hazes doesn't agree with that new world, but there must a reason related to the equilibrium.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Jul 8, 2014 10:02 AM
Jun 2014
That Nun has been pissing me off ever since she first appeared. Im glad shit hit the fan and the bitch got what she deserved when everyone stopped fighting :D
Sep 29, 2014 2:22 AM

Jul 2014
Not sure what to think anymore. I just don't get it. I wish they would point out Yuji's intentions... I'm sure they will eventually get to it but why leave the audience in the dark? Makes it so confusing as to whats going on... I mean just last season he was regular Yuji and now he is on some vague mission. From what I hear it should make sense eventually but why put us through this confusion? Eh... whatever I guess I'll continue watching.

I did enjoy the past few episodes but now its getting kinda strange to me. My opinion will probably/hopefully change but I did not enjoy this episode at all. I don't mind if the Flame Haze lose for a reason, but the reason isn't as obvious as they are trying to make it seem.
Oct 24, 2014 4:19 AM

Jan 2008
Yuji's a talker.
Dec 28, 2014 7:44 PM

Feb 2011
At this point I'm convinced there's a missing piece in all of this. While I want to root for Yuji and his plan, it sounds too good to be true (which is probably that "something's not right" feeling Shana is getting).

On a side note, I get that the flame hazes had their resolve crushed, but dang, it was like someone flipped a switch and they all went crazy.
Feb 13, 2016 5:04 AM

Jul 2015
One of the injured Flame Hazes Wilhelmina was holding at the end of this episode looked like Shana o.o !

If The Snake of Festival wants peace then why he doesn't want to stop the battle? How he wants to convince/force EVERY Tomogara to go to this Xanadu? Why Alastor didn't explained why Snake's plan will destroy the balance between worlds? Soomany questions. Ofcourse, that episode was enjoyable as well as the whole season is.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Feb 13, 2016 5:05 AM

Jul 2015
Nikoko said:
At this point I'm convinced there's a missing piece in all of this. While I want to root for Yuji and his plan, it sounds too good to be true (which is probably that "something's not right" feeling Shana is getting).

Yeah. I'm not sure but I remember Alastor sayin' something about this plan being bad for the balance.

Feb 13, 2016 5:07 AM

Jul 2015
Sugram22 said:
i'l explain Yujii/Snake plan a bit, some people may have missed it, Yujii/Snake say'd that in that new world they ton't need to devour humans cause the power of existence is flowing trough it, u know what it means right? it means that their feeding becomes more like breathing air for humans

Flame-Hazes to u really want to fight & die so badly? to u really like to see people suffer(including ur comrades)? isn't it selfish of u? why not live like humans?

Flame-Hazes should be happy that they are free, cause they have no reason to fight, new they can return to their past life, i mean like they lived in the past, live like a human, & happy about that no more comrades nor humans will die

I think they are sooo suprised that they went crazy. Still, if I was a Flame Haze I'd probably be relieved. Maybe I'd start a superhero-like career?

Feb 13, 2016 1:26 PM

Sep 2012
Ekiadox said:
Sugram22 said:

I think they are sooo suprised that they went crazy. Still, if I was a Flame Haze I'd probably be relieved. Maybe I'd start a superhero-like career?

good idea :D, that's another option :)

have seen it 3 or 4 times already & haven't re-watched previous seasons
Mar 8, 2017 11:59 PM

Aug 2014
The new OP and ED are pretty good, and damn what an episod...
Jun 15, 2017 12:57 PM

Nov 2016
Hebis speech was good and I'm actually on his side, but at the same time I can understand the Flame Hazes too, for not trusting him in this matter.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Sep 28, 2017 11:35 AM

Sep 2012
ReverentStigma said:
InfiniteDestiny said:
You know during the end of Yuji's speech and during the slaughter of Flame Haze's after said speech i couldn't help but smile; the Flame Haze's all season long have been almost intolerable and even the Flame Haze's which have been the foundation of the show like Shana have regressed. Yuji shut them all down and it was exactly what i was hoping he would say. I said this in the last episode's post Shana has NO reason to fight Yuji while Yuji actually had a reason; the stupid nun exemplifies why the Flame Hazes suck right now; Yuji was giving a solid sounding plan to end the timeless war which has gone on for who knows how long and all she does is deny it without thought just like i said they would.

It always bothered me a little bit; like last season when Margery killed that boy and barley regret it; or when Shana in season 1 didn't regret using the "existence" of someone else; granted she changed a lot since then thus her development but in general Flame Haze's are truly cold and unlikeable. They seem to be like anti peace or something as if the fighting over such long time froze their sense of self if they ever had any to begin with.If they find Yuji's whole plan to good to be true is one thing; instead of denying it they could review its possibility but instead they denied its very thought like the word peace sounds horrible or something. Their reaction tells a thousand words; when Yuji ended his speech they broke down because they realized how useless their fighting is.

The ending simply added to why i disliked Shana this season; her anwser to Yuji's grand order is " i don't have any standing on the future; in actuality I'm clueless but your idea doesn't sound good to me, why you ask? it just doesn't so I'm going to stand in your way while i think of a reason why i should do so." It's disagreeing with no justification; with no reason to do so; its like Yuji said when he introduced himself about being so divine they can't comprehend or something like that; well its like they can't comprehend the world of peace he speaks of or what it implies. I have been rooting for Yuji from the get go since i believed he had a reason for what he was doing and this episode just solidifies that thought.

If you truly think about it the Flame Haze's have never once sought resolution. According to the SoF he once tried this grand order before thus at least showing the interest to end the war; the Flame Haze's on the other hand have no such desire. The Flame Haze's duty is to protect the balance which the Denizens threaten because they consume existence correct? yet don't you find it ironic that they don't give a crap about the humans which possess that innocence.

Now I'm not saying the Denizens do but as they showed with their reactions they are totally for going to a new world and leaving the humans be while the Flame Haze's feel its their duty or something to obscure change simply because they would become redundant. So to simplify they are putting their own ego as Flame Haze's their sense of purpose above what they were originally suppose to be doing in the first place and that was protecting the balance which they seem to have forgotten along the way.

i do agree with alot of what your saying, i don't dislike the flame hazes but i don't see why they are so bent out of shape over the plan, i mean to me it sounds great. Shana won't have to keep fighting until she dies. No human will ever disappear anymore. I honestly don't see the downside.

reason they are religious fools stuck with their beliefs XD
& some that + that lose their purpose in life cause their predecessors were fools & didn't prepare them for the times they are no longer needed, even with that job u should be prepared for it cause what if u get so bad injuries u survive, but can't fight anymore, then what will u do
Sep 28, 2017 11:55 AM

Sep 2012
Seabury said:
Maybe this is the whole point of the series, that the bad guys actually turn out to be the good guys. I mean, they seemed to have nefarious aims in the first two seasons, but at the same time they need to eat humans to survive, right? If they're going into a new world and leaving humans alone, then continuing to fight them is like animal rights activists attacking vegetarians.

On the other hand, can we really believe this God? He says he's perfected his technique, so I presume it was too risky to try beforehand. Is it just boastful hubris and he really is still going to put the world at risk?? More importantly, is there any way for the flame hazes to know if they can trust him?

It would be interesting if this show that was shallow for the first two seasons all of a sudden turned into a more ambiguous show that challenges our notions of good and evil. It's perhaps too much to hope for, but it would be pretty cool if they went that route.

hole point is thing are not always as they seem, it is also hinting stuff about religion like what if Bible's of all religions are wrong & the Devil/Lucifer is really the good guy not the devil & God is really the Devil

i am not religious i don't believe that any god exists cause bible is a fantasy book, i can also take a fantasy book & say unicorns & dragons & wizards & magic exists cause my book said so, religion is same, religious believe what is written in a fantasy book without any evidence, if they never witnessed past events & have no evidence then their claim about gods existence is dumb only mentally challenged person would believe in all that, cause for one god making a human pregnant is dumb cause according to bible god is spiritual being, but to make some1 pregnant u need physical being from same species & if a spiritual being can do it its called magic & we know that this type of magic is fantasy, there is other type that does exists & its called illusion tricking human eyes u know what i am talking about :), there are so many holes in the bible, but i wont draw more of them out cause i don't want to turn this forum in to religious debate, i just explained what is my stance with religion :)
Jun 21, 2019 3:16 AM

Sep 2012
mystik said:
yeah, sorry I'm still with the bad guys here. the Flame Haze are idiots and unlikeable. Yuji and the God of Creating gave a nice speech, why not have him create his new peaceful world? the flame haze just seem like bitter crybabies with their annoying grandma nun.

anyway GO BAD GUYS! GO YUJI, AND AWESOME SNAKE GOD!

i agree, but its just they are not bad guys as it cones out this season 😁
Jun 21, 2019 4:27 AM

Sep 2012
gswelcome said:
of course Shana even after seeing Flame Hazes die around her in droves still won't decide she has to kill Yuji who is directly responsible for their deaths oh no. Still have to do that "redemption" bit right? Foolish but the show is certainly ignoring the "ends justify the means" tactic that guy is using. Makes me want to hit the drop button. I suppose Shana is so selfish that their deaths mean nothing only getting Yuji matters.

he spoke the truth and othets acted on their hate towards flame hazes so i don't see hes fault here
Jun 22, 2019 6:47 PM

Aug 2008
Sugram22 said:
gswelcome said:
of course Shana even after seeing Flame Hazes die around her in droves still won't decide she has to kill Yuji who is directly responsible for their deaths oh no. Still have to do that "redemption" bit right? Foolish but the show is certainly ignoring the "ends justify the means" tactic that guy is using. Makes me want to hit the drop button. I suppose Shana is so selfish that their deaths mean nothing only getting Yuji matters.

he spoke the truth and othets acted on their hate towards flame hazes so i don't see hes fault here

Because he personally didn't kill any flame hazes means he's not responsible? Ridiculous. He is the mastermind behind the plan which led his followers to kill flame hazes and enjoy doing it. He doesn't care, for his own selfish reasons he has decided to side with their enemies.

Wonder what he would have done if Shana got herself killed somewhere in the process of his plan, not like Yuji would have any idea that she had plot armor and would survive.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shakugan no Shana III (Final) Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

game8910 - Mar 23, 2012

480 by HHD1996 »»
Feb 18, 10:36 PM

Poll: » Shakugan no Shana III (Final) Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

game8910 - Nov 18, 2011

78 by Estefan »»
Jan 27, 4:56 AM

» Is it just me or does Shakugan No shana season 3 suck??

chrisedmonds - Nov 14, 2014

34 by AdityaRizkiS »»
Jan 22, 10:13 AM

Poll: » Shakugan no Shana III (Final) Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

KimChanx3 - Oct 28, 2011

184 by Jooshau »»
Apr 27, 2023 7:30 PM

Poll: » Shakugan no Shana III (Final) Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

game8910 - Dec 16, 2011

158 by burntlettuce »»
Feb 27, 2023 8:42 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.