Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Erased
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (13) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Feb 11, 2016 3:43 PM

Oct 2007
Tamamitsune said:
Kaioshin_Sama said:

It's certainly a time travel anime because when I read threads on it I feel like I'm reading the same basic post on it over and over again every 6 seconds. Either people have little to actually contribute on the show or I'm stuck in a time loop. Also if you're going to run a noitaminA hype show of course you need constant cliffhangers.

IMO the last couple weeks haven't really been up to par so don't see how it's getting better and better unless that's just a stock post.

Gee could it possibly be the unambiguously ominous ultra creepy looking man with the red eyes that the show has been telegraphing since pretty early on? IMO this is one of Tomohiko Ito's weaknesses as a director, he often portrays antagonists, especially adult male ones as so over the top evil that there's little subtlety to it. It's not quite as blatantly obvious as that Sugou guy in SAO or Shinon's rapey friend in SAO II but I mean like come on.

Yet again I'm struck by how I can be so far off from the general assessment of something, especially when it comes to subtlety. Like to me there's nothing particularly subtle about this show, it's so on the nose with everything like most J-Melodrama that it kind of hurts sometimes,but too each their own. Not going to take people's assessment of a hype show too seriously here.

The amount of cringe I get from reading your posts about erased, sure it's obviously your opinion and our opinion on how good the show is, but you gave fate/zero s1 a 7 and s2 a 6, you also gave sao a 6.
Are you a troll? Trying to tell me Fate/Zero is on the level of the garbage called sword art online? The fact that you even put fate/stay night higher than fate/zero makes my brains hurt. From now on I'll just consider you as a troll whenever you talk about erased. also you seem to giving high scores to a LOT of hype shows which is ironic but to each their own

Sorry I'm not a robot. I cringe off of reading most of the posts about this show here too. All the same generic posts for the most part
Feb 11, 2016 3:45 PM
Aug 2015
This episode was so good! Lots of clues for the murders! Episodes are going very quickly compared to the manga, but I think it's definitely at a really good pace right now. Definitely going to continue watching and rooting for Satorou and his next revival!
Feb 11, 2016 3:56 PM

Nov 2014
Tamamitsune said:
Kaioshin_Sama said:

It's certainly a time travel anime because when I read threads on it I feel like I'm reading the same basic post on it over and over again every 6 seconds. Either people have little to actually contribute on the show or I'm stuck in a time loop. Also if you're going to run a noitaminA hype show of course you need constant cliffhangers.

IMO the last couple weeks haven't really been up to par so don't see how it's getting better and better unless that's just a stock post.

Gee could it possibly be the unambiguously ominous ultra creepy looking man with the red eyes that the show has been telegraphing since pretty early on? IMO this is one of Tomohiko Ito's weaknesses as a director, he often portrays antagonists, especially adult male ones as so over the top evil that there's little subtlety to it. It's not quite as blatantly obvious as that Sugou guy in SAO or Shinon's rapey friend in SAO II but I mean like come on.

Yet again I'm struck by how I can be so far off from the general assessment of something, especially when it comes to subtlety. Like to me there's nothing particularly subtle about this show, it's so on the nose with everything like most J-Melodrama that it kind of hurts sometimes,but too each their own. Not going to take people's assessment of a hype show too seriously here.

The amount of cringe I get from reading your posts about erased, sure it's obviously your opinion and our opinion on how good the show is, but you gave fate/zero s1 a 7 and s2 a 6, you also gave sao a 6.
Are you a troll? Trying to tell me Fate/Zero is on the level of the garbage called sword art online? The fact that you even put fate/stay night higher than fate/zero makes my brains hurt. From now on I'll just consider you as a troll whenever you talk about erased. also you seem to giving high scores to a LOT of hype shows which is ironic but to each their own
Some one gives Fate/Zero less than 10? omg.

Feb 11, 2016 3:57 PM

Aug 2012
Damn, I even forgot he did manga lol
But that last scene though!!!
Feb 11, 2016 3:58 PM
Jan 2016
i think a revival is coming. and the murderder is the nisizono.
is he the guy who was standing beside satoru when he got arrested.
Feb 11, 2016 4:15 PM

Dec 2015
Sorry for my bad English

Humans see what they want to see
Feb 11, 2016 4:17 PM

May 2009
Yes, a revival is coming!
Feb 11, 2016 4:23 PM

Mar 2011
so Airi's mom set her up to catch Satoru? jesus. literally only 3 trustworthy people in this entire show.
Feb 11, 2016 4:25 PM

Dec 2015
that is my guess

Feb 11, 2016 4:25 PM

Nov 2014
Smudy said:
That ending scene was hype as shit. That smile resembled the teacher's, i'm very sure.

Yea it does, the hairstyle too...
But the face looks too young..there arent any wrinkles...
And if i remembered correctly, that nishizono guy has wrinkles...
Im so confused (yes i have read the manga but im still confused, maybe that's the anime's intention??)
Feb 11, 2016 4:26 PM

Mar 2012
It's too bad that Satoru isn't the director, because this series could use a revival.
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
Feb 11, 2016 4:28 PM

Oct 2015
That damn manager trying to take the credit of saving Airi......
I say the killer is either Satoru from the future or the teacher.
That cliffhanger though ;c
Feb 11, 2016 4:29 PM

Oct 2015
Feb 11, 2016 4:38 PM

Nov 2014
Don't keep me hanging again! Great episode, wonder what's going to happen now since the revival has been activated.
Feb 11, 2016 4:51 PM

Apr 2013
Kaioshin_Sama said:
Tamamitsune said:

Sorry I'm not a robot. I cringe off of reading most of the posts about this show here too. All the same generic posts for the most part
yet you've been on MAL forever whining about this community and most airing anime. You could leave you know? I dont think anyone would mind it.
Feb 11, 2016 4:55 PM
Jun 2015
I really hope the teacher isn't the killer :/
Flag counter

Feb 11, 2016 4:58 PM

Oct 2014
MaxXZoe said:
Oh come om guys we all know the mc has his convinient plot device aka time travel powers, that will fix everything

Still 4/5 , pretty excited for the next episode

Really?
I just keep never finding reasons to care for anything that happens to satoru in the present time knowing that any time a revival will happen making all the dramatic things that happen pointless
gabrielrroizFeb 11, 2016 5:31 PM
Feb 11, 2016 4:59 PM

Jun 2015
ChrnoTodd said:
SasukeUchiha said:
FUCK THIS SHOW OMG FUCK FUCK FUCK. ALL THESE FUCKING CLIFFHANGERS UGH IT'S KILLING ME. HOW CAN I WAIT TIL NEXT WEEK? ugh HOW?

LOL BEST POST EVER HAUAAHUAHUAHUA

Ofcourse it's made by Sasuke Uchiha
In the name of Allah, the Gracious, the Merciful. | You know what I hate the most? People who aren't free. They're no more than cattle.
Feb 11, 2016 5:07 PM

Nov 2014
gabrielrroiz said:
MaxXZoe said:
Oh come om guys we all know the mc has his convinient plot device aka time travel powers, that will fix everything

Still 4/5 , pretty excited for the next episode

Really?
I just never finding reasons to care for anything that happens to satoru in the present time knowing that any time a revival will happen making all the dramatic things that happen pointless

yep, him being framed and arrested? who cares, just time travel everything will be all right in the end, better yet travel where the female MC is still alive, why travel to that particular time? i don't know it wasnt even explained in the manga...even though its ending next month
Feb 11, 2016 5:15 PM
Feb 2015
1idd0kun said:
The staff clearly don't give a crap about Airi. These two episodes got the worst animation. The writing also downplayed the emotional impact of her meeting with Satoru at the end. The manga is so much better in that moment.

All in all, it was pretty disappointing.

I just read the manga it is almost frame for frame what the anime showed and said, what are you talking about it downplayed it they were practically the same. -__-
Feb 11, 2016 5:17 PM

Jan 2016
1idd0kun said:
Xenocrisi said:

Lol, the animation of the last two episode was better than the 70% of the anime out.

It was still worse than all the previous episodes.

As a manga reader, I don't agree with you. Last episode wasn't that good. But this one is really good.
Feb 11, 2016 5:21 PM

Sep 2013
Damn, I was nervous the whole episode about Airi's survival.. She had a death flag in every scene omg :3

Need moar Kayo. Another revival please!

Baka na no.
Feb 11, 2016 5:25 PM

Aug 2014
Wait for next episode. A revival is coming!
Feb 11, 2016 5:28 PM

Apr 2014
SO FUCKING GOOD!!! CONTENDER FOR BEST ANIME OF THE YEAR ALREADY!!!!!
Feb 11, 2016 5:28 PM

Nov 2011
ZingFreelancer said:

6 more weeks of this torture?

I'm suffering with you mate
Baby, daijobanai...
Feb 11, 2016 5:30 PM

Jun 2007
dhiki said:

I think you meant to say...

Feb 11, 2016 5:33 PM

Oct 2011
OOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMGGGGGGG

I NEED MORE !!!
Feb 11, 2016 5:43 PM

Jan 2011
god damn cliffhangers! ending was pretty cool was like are they really gonna end it with him potentially going into another revival ?!

Boku Dake get's the Mothers of the year award ehhh 2/3 but still lol.
Feb 11, 2016 5:44 PM

Jul 2009
Sokah said:
namea said:
The ladies are simply on a walk in the park with a child which is not strange at all. But it's a standard that adult men are in work during that time of day, so seeing one in the park is odd.

No, it isn't. You'd have to live in a world without shift workers, students, unemployed, people that work weekends, part timers, people that are sick, people that are on vacation, people that walk through parks as part of their job etc. I have a park behind my house. The only thing odd here is women thinking it's odd a guy is walking through a park.

Also, two school-aged boys in park during school hours and that isn't odd?

No, that was just a very poorly thought out scene.

What I found odd was their plane floating down the river at the end.

Are you taking into consideration the story takes place in Japan? Satoru is 29, thus he should be employed, normally. Most men are in work, except some groups like NEETs that are shut in home (and they wouldn't like kids interacting with someone of those anyway), thus it's unusual to see the guy taking a stroll through the park like that. I think Japanese are quite sensitive when it comes to pedophiles, they warn children when someone suspicious is wandering around and such. Japan is considered pretty safe country, but things out of routine strikes them as odd and put them on alert. Sure, it's not very nice to be suspicious of every guy talking to kids, but it's not really that surprising. I really don't see where is that scene poorly thought out, but...*shrugs* To each his own.

Out of topic, it's weirding me out how people go "this can't be happening, it's completely unrealistic" so easily. Just because you don't have personal experience or it's not common for your country, it doesn't mean it isn't normal somewhere else ne? Normalcy is a very relative term. Try to be a little bit more open minded? I'm sure you'll enjoy the story (not just this one) much more, people.
Feb 11, 2016 5:53 PM

Jan 2013
Xiela said:
GuidedCursor said:
My thought on Hiromi.

Lmao! I thought Hiromi was a girl tbh xD
Oh, I didn't realize Hiromi was a boy either
Feb 11, 2016 5:55 PM
Jan 2016
Much better episode than the previous episode, probably because of the slower pace this episode had. This anime really shines when it takes time to tell the story rather than trying to be a thriller with a fast pace just like the previous episode. Though I think the the cinematography & direction still not as great as earlier episodes.

And of course there has to be an obligatory "definitely look like like a girl but actually a boy" character. I hope this thing was revealed because it's actually relevant to the story & not there just because.

kevindo27 said:
This episode was so good! Lots of clues for the murders! Episodes are going very quickly compared to the manga, but I think it's definitely at a really good pace right now. Definitely going to continue watching and rooting for Satorou and his next revival!

Really? This episode's pacing is quick compared to the manga? Then the manga pacing must be really slow, which might better for the story.

Niyari said:
so Airi's mom set her up to catch Satoru? jesus. literally only 3 trustworthy people in this entire show.

That might be case, but we do not know for sure. Maybe her mom just wanted to trust her daughter as a redemption for her not trusting her ex-husband.

gabrielrroiz said:
Really?
I just keep never finding reasons to care for anything that happens to satoru in the present time knowing that any time a revival will happen making all the dramatic things that happen pointless

Why would they be pointless? Everything in present time so far seems to be related to the past. So nothing's pointless, honestly.
AServantFeb 11, 2016 6:37 PM
Feb 11, 2016 5:59 PM

Dec 2008
bobzanny said:
Manager still a piece of shit and Airi trying to come in clutch but still failed. Satoru being a boss this entire episode and taking the mountain of bullshit like a champ.

Glad that we are going to be adapting my favorite chapters now which I personally consider the best part of the series.

Can this series get better? It will be my favorite anime then :v
Feb 11, 2016 5:59 PM

Oct 2014
gabrielrroiz said:
Really?

Why would they be pointless? Everything in present time so far seems to be related to the past. So nothing's pointless, honestly.[/quote]
it is pointless because it will have no consequences
why should we care if satori is getting arrested or even if airi gets killed by the murder if at any second a revival will happen and undo everything?
Feb 11, 2016 6:02 PM

Jun 2007
Not to mention that what he changes in the past doesn't automatically reset his future. From his perspective as a character in the story, if he is able to revive back to the past (which he at this point has only gone that far back once, so he doesn't know if he WILL), he may be down to his last chance to catch the killer and fix his future, because otherwise he will return to the present where he is currently in police custody.

The last revival didn't undo anything (he was still being chased by police, right where he had left off, even though some details of Kayo's death had changed).
Feb 11, 2016 6:03 PM
Jan 2016
i couldn't take it and read the manga, lot's of people gonna be upset when they discover that

Feb 11, 2016 6:06 PM

Jun 2007
"I'm going to post something that tempts people to click on my spoiler by suggesting that the story takes a negative turn. And people who don't click on it will now think that they aren't going to like where the story goes!"

Real smooth.
Feb 11, 2016 6:13 PM
Jan 2016
gabrielrroiz said:
why should we care if satori is getting arrested or even if airi gets killed by the murder if at any second a revival will happen and undo everything?

Not exactly. As we know "the revival" cannot always solve everything, just like what happened to Kayo. Even though Satoru tried to save her, nothing's changed. So him having that power does not mean every problem can be easily solved by him. He cannot even control the power, so it's not exactly on his advantage.
Feb 11, 2016 6:17 PM
Jul 2009
Lelouch155 said:
1idd0kun said:
The staff clearly don't give a crap about Airi. These two episodes got the worst animation. The writing also downplayed the emotional impact of her meeting with Satoru at the end. The manga is so much better in that moment.

All in all, it was pretty disappointing.

I just read the manga it is almost frame for frame what the anime showed and said, what are you talking about it downplayed it they were practically the same. -__-

Mostly, I would have liked them to keep Satoru's and Airi's thoughts here:

http://mangafox.me/manga/boku_dake_ga_inai_machi/c018/8.html
http://mangafox.me/manga/boku_dake_ga_inai_machi/c018/9.html
http://mangafox.me/manga/boku_dake_ga_inai_machi/c018/10.html

They both knew it was stupid and dangerous to meet. Yet they couldn't help wanting to see each other. It was also really cute how they both were thinking this almost at the same time. It also served as a good build-up for their meeting.
Feb 11, 2016 6:18 PM

Oct 2014
TheServant said:
gabrielrroiz said:

Not exactly. As we know "the revival" cannot always solve everything, just like what happened to Kayo. Even though Satoru tried to save her, nothing's changed. So him having that power does not mean every problem can be easily solved by him. He cannot even control the power, so it's not exactly on his advantage.

no he can not control the power but by the power of plot convenience the revival woks in any the satori wants it to work
also i know it may not be a easy thing to solve but it appears that satoru can try as many time as he want to go to the past and change everything
Feb 11, 2016 6:29 PM
Jan 2016
gabrielrroiz said:
no he can not control the power but by the power of plot convenience the revival woks in any the satori wants it to work
also i know it may not be a easy thing to solve but it appears that satoru can try as many time as he want to go to the past and change everything

"The revival works how Satoru wants it to work?" That never happened. Maybe you could elaborate what you mean?
I think you do not understand what plot convenience(a.k.a. Deus Ex Machina) really means. You should try reading this --> http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/DeusExMachina
The anime never established that Satoru can try as many time as he wants. Even then, like I said, him going back to the past never equals he can change anything he wants.
Feb 11, 2016 6:38 PM

Oct 2014
TheServant said:
gabrielrroiz said:

"The revival works how Satoru wants it to work?" That never happened. Maybe you could elaborate what you mean?
I think you do not understand what plot convenience(a.k.a. Deus Ex Machina) really means. You should try reading this --> http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/DeusExMachina
The anime never established that Satoru can try as many time as he wants. Even then, like I said, him going back to the past never equals he can change anything he wants.

the anime never established satori can not go back to the past in any moment because there are no rules about how time Travel work in that setting
and as there is no rule about how time travel work in that setting him being able to go twice back 20 twenty years in the past to the time kayo was alive is plot convinence
Feb 11, 2016 6:41 PM

Sep 2013
Well Airi didn't die that's good. Now that they introduced another character - the reporter - then we have two possible suspects now first one being the teacher. But from what it looks like in the ending, the red-eyed guy fits the teacher's profile better. The biggest shock in this episode though is the fact that Hiromi is a boy like wtf? So far the plot is progressing in a good pace although I think the current rating is a bit inflated considering we haven't even gotten to the climax yet.
"I have been wielding a blade since before your were swimming around your father's scrotum." - Kurou
Feb 11, 2016 6:42 PM

Oct 2015
It's a nice touch that Airi's mom chose to believe her and help her out.

Sawada genuinely looks like he wants to assist Fujinuma, but the red eye foreshadowing he had makes me questions his true intentions. Besides, why didn't he ask Fujinuma's mother for the murderer's name and he was basically the only one who knew Fujinuma's mother had an idea of the identity of the killer before she was killed.

The final minutes of the episode also showed the killer being at the place where Fujinuma was was caught. Does that mean the killer is affiliated with the cops?! That could explain why the killer's name is not on any suspect list. Next episode will surely be a revival, but I wonder how far back; before Hinazuki's death or after. I hope before... I want more Fujinuma x Hinazuki please <3
Feb 11, 2016 6:44 PM

Sep 2013
TheServant said:
gabrielrroiz said:

Correction, while Satoru wasn't able to save Kayo, he did in fact changed the future a little.
"I have been wielding a blade since before your were swimming around your father's scrotum." - Kurou
Feb 11, 2016 6:48 PM
Jan 2016
gabrielrroiz said:
\the anime never established satori can not go back to the past in any moment because there are no rules about how time Travel work in that setting
and as there is no rule about how time travel work in that setting him being able to go twice back 20 twenty years in the past to the time kayo was alive is plot convinence

Exactly, we know almost nothing about how "the revival" works because the anime never established anything clear about it. There are no clear rules about it. Even Satoru barely knows how it works. So for you to assume he can go as many time as he wants is nothing more than a speculation, which something you cannot bring up as a proof to criticize an anime.
Like I said, please go to the link that I just gave & try to understand what plot convenience means. Because if you do not understand it, then our conversation is pointless. And I do not want to be involved in a pointless conversation. Sorry.
Feb 11, 2016 6:49 PM

Aug 2013
Mmm, I thought it could be the elementary teacher, but he really don't look like him. Also, it doesn't stick to the fact that the same thing happened in a neighbour town. Of course, it could be just a lure, but it seem to simple that the murderer would be a ordinary psychopath. It look like there is somekind of meaning behind his actions.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Feb 11, 2016 6:52 PM

Oct 2014
TheServant said:
gabrielrroiz said:
\the anime never established satori can not go back to the past in any moment because there are no rules about how time Travel work in that setting

Exactly, we know almost nothing about how "the revival" works because the anime never established anything clear about it. There are no clear rules about it. Even Satoru barely knows how it works. So for you to assume he can go as many time as he wants is nothing more than a speculation, which something you cannot bring up as a proof to criticize an anime.
Like I said, please go to the link that I just gave & try to understand what plot convenience means. Because if you do not understand it, then our conversation is pointless. And I do not want to be involved in a pointless conversation. Sorry.

i fail to see how the coincidence of the way the revival works is not a plot convenience to resolve the conflict of the series
Feb 11, 2016 6:52 PM
Jan 2016
Xynic said:
So far the plot is progressing in a good pace although I think the current rating is a bit inflated considering we haven't even gotten to the climax yet.

Almost every anime's rating in MAL is inflated, not just this one. So it's not that surprising.

Xynic said:
Correction, while Satoru wasn't able to save Kayo, he did in fact changed the future a little.

What I mean "nothing's changed" is Satoru did not change the fact that Hinazuki died in the past, not literally nothing's changed.
Feb 11, 2016 6:53 PM
Jul 2018
That ending though. Everything's so tense and then suddenly it's over. Next episode can't get here fast enough.
Feb 11, 2016 6:54 PM

Jan 2016
Great episode once again though it's kinda frustrating to see the scheming bastard smiled in the shadow,and i can't get inside my monitor to headbutt him.
Pages (13) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 4, 2016

769 by Jocku »»
Yesterday, 10:27 AM

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2016

1398 by Layreur84 »»
Apr 15, 3:50 AM

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 10, 2016

900 by bakakisima »»
Apr 12, 2:03 PM

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 3, 2016

498 by bakakisima »»
Apr 11, 1:04 PM

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 25, 2016

581 by bakakisima »»
Apr 11, 12:06 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.