Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (65) « First ... « 25 26 [27] 28 29 » ... Last »
Feb 9, 2016 3:42 PM

Oct 2014
Teyuga said:
Does an anime count toward the challenge if you watched/started watching it/completed it AFTER December 31, 2015 but before you sign up for the challenge?
Any anime which you started in the challenge period (Jan 1st to Dec 31st 2016) can count towards the challenge. The challenge started on Jan 5th but the challenge period includes time before that. Anime which you started before the challenge period will not count with the exception of the drop challenge and technically the rewatch challenge.
Feb 9, 2016 4:32 PM

Dec 2015
I would like an Anime about food, music, or art. any recommendations? Thanks.
Feb 9, 2016 5:20 PM

Oct 2014
TheRedRipper said:
Food: Bartender
Music: Hibike! Euphonium
Art: Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun
Feb 9, 2016 5:28 PM

Sep 2014
Does Hajime no Ippo: The Fighting count as airing between 1991-2000?

http://myanimelist.net/anime/263/Hajime_no_Ippo
Feb 9, 2016 5:42 PM

Dec 2014
Teyuga said:
Does Hajime no Ippo: The Fighting count as airing between 1991-2000?

http://myanimelist.net/anime/263/Hajime_no_Ippo

It does, because it began airing in 2000. Unless I'm mistaken, it doesn't matter when an anime finishes airing, as long as it started within that time period.

Feb 10, 2016 2:58 AM

May 2012
TheRedRipper said:

Food: Shokugeki no Soma, Koufuku Graffiti
Music: Sakamichi no Apollon, Nodame Cantabile, Beck
Art: Hachimitsu to Clover
Feb 10, 2016 5:56 AM
Jul 2018
Question: I just watched Non Non Biyori and I really liked it. For the "watch an anime from the season you joined MAL" (in this case, Summer 2015), I wanted to watch Repeat. Can I do so? Since it's a sequel and all.
Feb 10, 2016 6:27 AM

Dec 2008
Prrgify said:
Question: I just watched Non Non Biyori and I really liked it. For the "watch an anime from the season you joined MAL" (in this case, Summer 2015), I wanted to watch Repeat. Can I do so? Since it's a sequel and all.
My understanding is that you can use Non Non Biyori: Repeat for that challenge because it shows up in MAL's database as a separate entry from the first season. It has it's own page and all, so yes, you can :)
Feb 10, 2016 7:48 AM
a lil bean ✨

Feb 2011
I want to leave here for everyone, just in case.

I don't know if any of you have noticed but there are several user who have completed the challenge (congrats!). There have been users that have completed the challenge (posted the turn in form) but they haven't been added to the first post, Why?

This has happened because I do check the forms when submitted, so if there's something wrong with it, it WON'T be added until the user correct whatever was wrong with it. If this were the case I contact them via PM and wait for a reply.

And that's all I wanted to share.

So once again THANKS to everyone for taking part of this challenge~ and to those that help here answering question ♥
Oh, also remember to also check the manga one ;D

HiScoreLoScoreAuction

Turn-InsAWCc

ᓚᘏᗢ

Feb 10, 2016 11:38 AM

Jun 2015
How are people done with the challenge in early February?
I mean...how?
Feb 10, 2016 12:03 PM

Oct 2014
TrashDax said:
I mean...how?
I completed it in a day. If you choose mostly 20-30 ovas then you can easily finish it in a month. For my legit challenge I have the rule of an average of 4.8 hours per anime for this reason. My shorts challenge only contained around 70 minutes of content over 20 anime. Even with my legit challenge I've already completed 16 anime including some longer ones.
zombie_pegasusFeb 10, 2016 12:07 PM
Feb 10, 2016 9:10 PM

Mar 2013
TrashDax said:
I mean...how?

basically what @zombie_pegasus said. Marathon a bunch of stuff that is fairly short. I can pretty easily finish a 1-cour anime in a day.
Feb 10, 2016 9:37 PM

Aug 2014
help! my plan-to-watch list i was going to use for the challenge was deleted, so now i need to start from scratch. if you happen to have any for the following, please let me know (sorry there's a lot!!!) I prefer 1-2 cours, but I can make an exception for 3 if I enjoy it. here's my sign up form with everything i've planned out so far here

» Watch an anime with adults as the main cast
» Watch an anime that focuses on non-romantic relationships
» Watch an anime that focuses on a couple with a romantic relationship
» Watch a Korean or Chinese anime
» Watch an anime which began airing between 1981 and 1990
» Watch an anime which began airing between 1991 and 2000
» Watch an anime with less than 10k completed members
» Watch an anime three-cours (or more) in length
Feb 10, 2016 10:39 PM

Oct 2008
katemonster123 said:
help! my plan-to-watch list i was going to use for the challenge was deleted, so now i need to start from scratch. if you happen to have any for the following, please let me know (sorry there's a lot!!!) I prefer 1-2 cours, but I can make an exception for 3 if I enjoy it. here's my sign up form with everything i've planned out so far here

Arakawa under the bridge, Nana (though it's 47 eps long :/ )

Shirobako, Ghost Hunt, Hakaba Kitarou, So Ra No Wo To

Akagami no Shirayuki-hime, Sukitte Ii na yo, Rec

Kyuuketsuhime Miyu, Souseiki Mospeada

Trigun, Blue Gender, Pethsop of Horrors

Hakaba Kitarou, Chello Hiki no Gauche, Senkou no Night Raid

Kaleido Star, Kamikaza Kaitou Jeanne, Nils no Fushigi no Tabi, Tokyo Mew Mew

Feb 10, 2016 11:36 PM

Mar 2013
katemonster123 said:

» Watch a Korean or Chinese anime

Adults: Tatami Galaxy or Golden Time

Non romantic: Haibane Renmai or Barakamon

Romantic:Lovely Complex or White Album 2

Korean/Chinese: Feng Yun Jue or Shin Angyo Onshi

80s: Gunbuster or Birth of Gin

90s: 08th MS Team or Golden Boy

10k: Concrete Revolutio: Choujin Gensou i can't think of another one.

3-cour: Area No Kishi or Revolutionary Girl Utena
Feb 10, 2016 11:52 PM

Jan 2011
 » Watch an anime recommended to you by another Anime Watching Challenge participant

Suggst pls

Wooser no Sono Higurashi: Mugen-hen and Noblesse: Awakening are off the table, they're currently being downloaded for other categories. I'd prefer a short if possible. Anything in my PTW and On Hold are fair game. Dropped as well if it doesn't have a tag listed. I'm behind on updating my list for modern-modern anime so it might be better if you suggest 3 from the get go (ex. I'm up to date with Yowamushi Pedal's franchise but it's still in my PTW because I'm trying to swap out my files for BD releases before I "lay it to rest".)
Feb 11, 2016 12:10 AM

Oct 2014
lanblade said:
 » Watch an anime recommended to you by another Anime Watching Challenge participant

Suggst pls

Wooser no Sono Higurashi: Mugen-hen and Noblesse: Awakening are off the table, they're currently being downloaded for other categories. I'd prefer a short if possible. Anything in my PTW and On Hold are fair game. Dropped as well if it doesn't have a tag listed. I'm behind on updating my list for modern-modern anime so it might be better if you suggest 3 from the get go (ex. I'm up to date with Yowamushi Pedal's franchise but it's still in my PTW because I'm trying to swap out my files for BD releases before I "lay it to rest".)
Of the 13 anime on my list that aren't on yours Burenai Ai de is the one I gave the highest rating to (7). It's only 4 minutes long.

From your PTW I will suggest Himouto, Hello! Kiniro Mosaic, Love Live Movie, Nobunaga Concerto, and Non Non Biyori.
zombie_pegasusFeb 11, 2016 12:17 AM
Feb 11, 2016 5:16 AM

Dec 2015
This might be a stupid question. But an anime which starts in December is in the autumn/fall anime season, right?

Feb 11, 2016 5:43 AM

Feb 2014
Can someone please recommend me an anime, 1-cour would be preferred, I don't care about the genre. Thank you!
Feb 11, 2016 5:58 AM

Feb 2013
Ryuuku666 said:
Can someone please recommend me an anime, 1-cour would be preferred, I don't care about the genre. Thank you!

Here're some options:

Rokka no Yuusha
Rideback
Tsuritama
Feb 11, 2016 7:41 AM

Dec 2008
ClavisM said:
This might be a stupid question. But an anime which starts in December is in the autumn/fall anime season, right?
I believe that is correct. It is considered a fall anime season because it started in December, even if the cours continues during the winter season, for example.
Feb 11, 2016 8:03 AM

Dec 2015
Kino_no_Tabi said:
ClavisM said:
I believe that is correct. It is considered a fall anime season because it started in December, even if the cours continues during the winter season, for example.

Thanks, I wasn't 100% sure before..

Feb 11, 2016 11:40 AM
Jul 2018
Would Madoka Magica and the "Faustian Contract" Trope be fitting for the
"Choose a random trope from TVTropes and watch an anime listed under the trope
  tip: feel free to spam the random button at the top or bottom of the page" item?

- Asking because the Search on that wiki resulted in a blank page for me :/
Feb 11, 2016 12:21 PM
Aug 2015
Hi guys~

I have to find an anime which title begins with letter "I" (last letter of Daikisei :3). Genres don't matter, I just want to mention that ecchi is definetly not my thing.

I'm counting on you!
Feb 11, 2016 12:42 PM

Oct 2014
Daikisei said:
Hi guys~

I have to find an anime which title begins with letter "I" (last letter of Daikisei :3). Genres don't matter, I just want to mention that ecchi is definetly not my thing.

I'm counting on you!
Inferno Cop and Inu x Boku SS are my recommendations.
Feb 11, 2016 12:46 PM

Jul 2014
Daikisei said:
Hi guys~

I'm counting on you!
"Inari, Konkon, Koi Iroha." or "Inou-Battle wa Nichijou-kei no Naka de".
Feb 11, 2016 12:49 PM

Mar 2013
Daikisei said:
Hi guys~

I'm counting on you!

I had this exact same issue, obviously, but I had already watched Inferno Cop. Inferno Cop is short and sweet and you could get through it in about 40 minutes.

I used Ima, Soko ni Iru Boku and thought it was tremendously good.
Feb 11, 2016 1:01 PM

Mar 2013
JustArsan said:
  tip: feel free to spam the random button at the top or bottom of the page" item?

You're not supposed to use the search. You're supposed to hit the random trope button. When it takes to you to a trope, you scroll down the Anime and Manga tag, pick something out of there and then watch that.
Feb 11, 2016 1:09 PM
Jul 2018
AudioTsunami said:
JustArsan said:

You're not supposed to use the search. You're supposed to hit the random trope button. When it takes to you to a trope, you scroll down the Anime and Manga tag, pick something out of there and then watch that.

Are you sure?
Since the item states "Choose a trope" and then as an addition "feel free to spam.." - which sounds to me as if you are meant to choose a trope, but if you can't decide on any, it is suggested to just use the random-option.

E: Found the trope. It was simply listed under a very different name.
Feb 11, 2016 1:30 PM

Mar 2013
@JustArsan

Positive, That's how it was last year. Operative word is random. You could always click the random button until you find something for madoka, but that's p lame. If you do it your way, the challenge basically just reads "watch something, than find it on tvtropes".
Feb 11, 2016 1:50 PM
Jul 2018
AudioTsunami said:
@JustArsan

Positive, That's how it was last year. Operative word is random. You could always click the random button until you find something for madoka, but that's p lame. If you do it your way, the challenge basically just reads "watch something, than find it on tvtropes".

Aight. Really don't like these "random" and recommended-themed items. Thanks though :)
Feb 12, 2016 4:26 AM

May 2012
Does School Idol count as an archetype? I don't really get the whole archetype thing.
eg were -dere, genius, macho guy, trap, magical girl, ik but I wanna pick something other than that.
Feb 12, 2016 7:00 AM
a lil bean ✨

Feb 2011
yuukisiopao said:
Does School Idol count as an archetype? I don't really get the whole archetype thing.
eg were -dere, genius, macho guy, trap, magical girl, ik but I wanna pick something other than that.

If you mean Love Live! School Idol Project then yes. That one has many characters that fits that item.

HiScoreLoScoreAuction

Turn-InsAWCc

ᓚᘏᗢ

Feb 12, 2016 1:15 PM

Jul 2011
zeracchin said:

Under the "adaptations" category, it says to watch an anime that's one/two/three hours long depending on what difficulty level we chose to do. If I'm doing the medium difficulty level, I'm watching an anime that's two hours long, right? DUMB QUESTION but does that mean I have to watch a movie that runs for at least two hours? Or does it mean that I need to watch any anime that adds up to 120 minutes of episodes?.

1 cour =11/13 episodes.
Medium are 2 cours, so you need a series that it's like 24-26 episodes long.
zeracchin said:

Also, the archetypes thing. What would be a good example, and does anybody have any recommendations? I'm not terribly fond of school-romance themes (like Ao Haru Ride no offense) but I'm all ears.

Any harem, most of the females characters fall into one (tsundere, megane, genki girl, etc.)
Feb 12, 2016 1:25 PM

Jan 2013
I'd like a recommendation from my plan to watch list, for the challenge.
Preferable not 60+ episodes (including sequels), not really in the mood for long anime atm ^^

Also would love an explanation of why you picked that specific anime.

Thanks! :)
Feb 12, 2016 1:55 PM

Aug 2015
PrOxAnto said:
Preferable not 60+ episodes (including sequels), not really in the mood for long anime atm ^^

I would strongly recommend The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya (2 seasons + movie). Now the TV series is really good, but nothing extraordinary. Now the biggest payoff is the movie and it is brilliant in my opinion. Even if you don't like it in the end, I feel it will be worthwhile the time that you invest in this Anime.
Feb 12, 2016 1:55 PM

Jul 2014
PrOxAnto said:

Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica
When I first heard about it I thought: "Cute girl doing cute things. Nah, it's for little girls, won't watch this".
But I heard more and more great stuff about it and so finally decided to watch it. And my reaction was: "OMFG, it's really not for kids!".
This anime has great visuals, amazing soundtrack and a high shock factor.

Puchkov said:
I would strongly recommend The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya (2 seasons + movie). Now the TV series is really good, but nothing extraordinary. Now the biggest payoff is the movie and it is brilliant in my opinion. Even if you don't like it in the end, I feel it will be worthwhile the time that you invest in this Anime.
But the second season contains infamous endless-eight. It was really painful to watch...
Oh, and I agree that the movie is great :-)
Feb 12, 2016 1:57 PM

Jun 2015
PrOxAnto said:

Hellsing Ultimate
Higurashi
Madoka Magica
+ Bikini Warriors because it's so short
Feb 12, 2016 3:16 PM

Mar 2013
mozgow said:
]But the second season contains infamous endless-eight. It was really painful to watch...
Oh, and I agree that the movie is great :-)

I thought the Endless Eight was brilliant.

@PrOxAnto

I say go with TTGL because it's the best (shounen) anime ever made.
AudioTsunamiFeb 12, 2016 3:43 PM
Feb 12, 2016 3:24 PM

May 2012
SheyCroix said:
yuukisiopao said:

If you mean Love Live! School Idol Project then yes. That one has many characters that fits that item.

lol okay okay. So in the end, I'm still going for the -deres. rofl. nwei, thank you.
Feb 12, 2016 3:44 PM

Mar 2013
yuukisiopao said:
SheyCroix said:

lol okay okay. So in the end, I'm still going for the -deres. rofl. nwei, thank you.

I'm using Oshiete! Galko-Chan, for that challenge. It's ongoing and it's a short, but it uses Gyaru, Ojou, and Otaku. It's also super funny. So maybe try that?
Feb 12, 2016 3:58 PM

May 2012
AudioTsunami said:
yuukisiopao said:

I'm using Oshiete! Galko-Chan, for that challenge. It's ongoing and it's a short, but it uses Gyaru, Ojou, and Otaku. It's also super funny. So maybe try that?

hrm. nah. decided not to take too much ongoing anime for this challenge. and I've been meaning to watch the second season of LL! too so it's good. thanks anyway.
Feb 12, 2016 5:20 PM

Dec 2015
I would like a recommendation for an anime with Children as the main cast. Thanks.
Feb 12, 2016 5:47 PM

Jul 2014
Can I get some recommendations for "Watch an anime recommended to you by another Anime Watching Challenge participant?" Anything is fine and preferably under 40 episodes.
Feb 12, 2016 8:22 PM

Mar 2013
TheRedRipper said:
I would like a recommendation for an anime with Children as the main cast. Thanks.

Major S1, Dennou Coil, Non Non Biyori, Gochuumon wa Usagi Desu ka?

tsukara said:
Can I get some recommendations for "Watch an anime recommended to you by another Anime Watching Challenge participant?" Anything is fine and preferably under 40 episodes.

Space Battleship Yamato 2199 It's on your PTW and it's truly fantastic
AudioTsunamiFeb 12, 2016 8:25 PM
Feb 12, 2016 10:51 PM

Jan 2011
zombie_pegasus said:
lanblade said:

Suggst pls

Of the 13 anime on my list that aren't on yours Burenai Ai de is the one I gave the highest rating to (7). It's only 4 minutes long.

From your PTW I will suggest Himouto, Hello! Kiniro Mosaic, Love Live Movie, Nobunaga Concerto, and Non Non Biyori.

Thanks bro. I used Burenai for the challenge. The Live Love movie would have been the back up. ^^
Feb 13, 2016 12:27 AM

Jan 2013
Puchkov said:
PrOxAnto said:

Dang ... you sure picked an anime.
Been figuring out what way to view the anime for a while now.
Decided to go with the broadcast order as that was intended (just like weekly viewers experienced it)
I guess if I'm really confused as to what's going on I'll watch it in chrono order, unlikely though.
Feb 13, 2016 12:38 AM

Mar 2010
Need a recommendation from someone.
Feb 13, 2016 1:24 AM
Jul 2018
TonyTheme said:
Need a recommendation from someone.

I'll give you some options

Durarara!!
Stranger: Mukou Hadan
Beck
Kyousou Giga (TV)
Haikyuu!!
Barakamon
Feb 13, 2016 10:01 AM

Aug 2008

Can anyone recommend me a few shows for this preferably 26 episodes or under. Genre doesnt matter i like almost anything. Thank You!!
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (65) « First ... « 25 26 [27] 28 29 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Early-mid 2000s anime – what are your thoughts?

Haneken2086 - 10 hours ago

9 by LenRea »»
31 minutes ago

» Anime Misandry ( 1 2 )

ColourWheel - Apr 21

92 by JaniSIr »»
32 minutes ago

» Do you drop shows?

EverRealm - Yesterday

49 by fae »»
32 minutes ago

» is ur fave genre ur most watched genre ?

ame - Yesterday

17 by Ratris_Decision »»
37 minutes ago

Poll: » Bare feet or pantyhoses?

Absurdo_N - Yesterday

26 by LoveYourEyes »»
43 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.