Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Jan 3, 2016 1:08 PM
Jan 2015
Because they are filthy. They breath really heavily and are fat and disgusting. They give anime a really bad rep.
Jan 3, 2016 1:38 PM

Sep 2013
19990930 said:
They give anime a really bad rep.

Watching anime makes you a weeaboo thou.
Jan 3, 2016 1:40 PM

Dec 2015
raise your hand if you can relate to this

Banner credit to @turnip
Jan 3, 2016 1:43 PM
Dec 2014
ApresMoi said:
I always thought that weeaboos were non-Japanese people who thought Japanese EVERYTHING was a superior version, so depending on the medium maybe somebody feels that it's a racist mindset and are turned off by racism?

Nah just watching anime already makes you a weeabo in the eyes of the ignorant. Fuck them.
Jan 3, 2016 1:46 PM
Dec 2014
ichii_1 said:
19990930 said:
They give anime a really bad rep.
<br />

See this is what I mean. I don't know of any insults in my language for people who watch American TV shows, funny how that works.
Jan 3, 2016 3:12 PM

Jun 2014
Feniksrises said:
ApresMoi said:
I always thought that weeaboos were non-Japanese people who thought Japanese EVERYTHING was a superior version, so depending on the medium maybe somebody feels that it&#039;s a racist mindset and are turned off by racism?

Nah just watching anime already makes you a weeabo in the eyes of the ignorant. Fuck them.

I guess so. Because while I could see people outside of the internet culture/anime fandom seeing this as racism, "weeaboo" isn't really a mainstream insult. So I guess we only call each other that.
Jan 3, 2016 3:55 PM

Aug 2013
Feniksrises said:
ichii_1 said:
<br />

See this is what I mean. I don't know of any insults in my language for people who watch American TV shows, funny how that works.
Redneck or westerboo. Some people use reverse weeaboo on this site as well.
Jan 3, 2016 3:58 PM

Apr 2013
DrGeroCreation said:
Feniksrises said:

The fuck is a reverse weeaboo lmao.

Never seen that before..

OT: Because weebs are bad for the fandom and generally do cringy shit.
Jan 3, 2016 4:00 PM

Nov 2011
If you have a Moe avatar then you're a weeboo!
Jan 3, 2016 4:04 PM

Jul 2015
Waifu_Strangler said:
What about if it's a super sexy alpha avatar like mine ?

KonaKoffee4 said:

ME !!!!
Nah just kidding .I'd probably lose all m friends the day that happens .
SodiumChlorideJan 3, 2016 4:06 PM
Wohooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Jan 3, 2016 4:05 PM

Aug 2013
hoopla123 said:
DrGeroCreation said:

The fuck is a reverse weeaboo lmao.

Never seen that before..

OT: Because weebs are bad for the fandom and generally do cringy shit.
Not really sure I've been called that on this site for simply liking western cartoons.
Jan 3, 2016 4:06 PM

Apr 2013
Waifu_Strangler said:

U have the word "waifu" in ur ign.

Ur as weeaboo as it gets m8
Jan 3, 2016 4:14 PM

Dec 2015
People always hate what they don't understand and what's different.

-Retroalwayswins
divide et impera
Jan 3, 2016 4:26 PM

Dec 2015
EvilDragon16 said:
Waifu_Strangler said:
What about if it's a super sexy alpha avatar like mine ?

KonaKoffee4 said:

ME !!!!
Nah just kidding .I'd probably lose all m friends the day that happens .

lmfao!

I do have a body pillow, but it looks nothing like that. It's of yuno but she is FULLY clothed in her school girl uniform.
I bought it because I thought it was cute lol now I feel disgusted with myself *cries*
KonaKoffeeJan 3, 2016 5:26 PM
Banner credit to @turnip
Jan 3, 2016 5:04 PM

Dec 2015
Nothing wrong with being a fan. It becomes a stretch when they become annoying people because of it though ; But i've never seen people like that.

It's not like someone is going to marry his body pillow right?

RIGHT??
Jan 3, 2016 6:57 PM

Aug 2015
Well unless you're Japanese(I've hear mixed things about this though), hate the persons country of origin or are Weeboo youtself, there's no reason to associate Weebooism positively. So it's inherently a negative or positive term. Add in all the annoying shits that feel the need to express their love unconditionally and what not and it's not hard to see why people might not think highly of them.
Jan 15, 2016 12:23 AM

Sep 2015
God weeaboos are so disgusting with all their broken romanji Japanese and their damn waifus, seriously hate them.
Jan 15, 2016 12:28 AM

Apr 2013
Because "people" are normal and thus have superior taste in everything. Life, hobbies, things you enjoy... watch sports and drive cars if you're a real man!
Jan 15, 2016 12:36 AM

Dec 2015
GreenSoap said:
Because they're obnoxious, like bronies, or any kind of bullshit fandom that just takes whatever they're a fan of too seriously, or in a way not casual watchers do.

I hate how they have to annouce that they are anime fans everytime there is anything "kind of" anime related online.

"Adeles Hello was over 9000"
"They pronounced(insert japanese name) wrong WTF PROTEST THIS SHIT!"""""
"Thumbs up if that looks like Luffys straw hat"

Just shut the fuck up. They are so annoying online.

Jan 15, 2016 1:55 AM

Nov 2009
On topic:
I believe anybody who uses the term "weeaboo" seriously and hates this kind of people is an extreme nationalist (and a hazard to modern society, world peace, freedom and other good stuff).
Here's an example:
CherryLover said:
They are the exact opposite of what patriotic citizens of a country should be. Instead of supporting their own country and their own cultures, they praise others and try to glorify them. They should just be deported if they can't love their country.

Don't you feel he's a government dog, and probably a corrupt policeman or a bureaucrat, too?

anthi-light said:
Do weeaboos really exist ? i know lots of people watching anime and shit but i've never noticed something like this.

No, they are a strawman made up by nazis.

katsaroulhs said:
I didn't know Jesus was born in America. I didn't even know he was born at all.

Jesus Christ is a legendary prophet of Christianity. There's no proof he was a real person (quite like Robin Hood and king Arthur), but he's supposed to be born somewhere in the land that is modern Israel, around 0 A.D.

katsaroulhs said:
And who is this freedom guy?

Freedom is an abstract concept, not a person. Just like Glory to Work (russian joke here).
USA has a really big statue in its honor, though, because americans are supposed to like freedom a lot. Their government is really good at cheating them out of their freedom, though.

katsaroulhs said:
Weaboos are basicaly an extreme. ALL extremes are hated, because, well they are extreme.

Personally, I like extremes. Unless extreme things are done, everything will remain the same. And that "same" is quite bad from my experience.
So burn enemies, give factories to the workers, whatever! I want the world tomorrow to be better than the one today.

Estella_Ultear said:
Lol my friend talked to someone who claimed to be adopted into japan when she was a young kid and is now supposedly 15 years old but couldn't even write or read simple japanese sentences that he typed out for her to read. He studies japanese formally so hes pretty proficient at it. Then when my friend asked her about japan's strict adopting laws she couldn't give an answer.

In all honesty the conversation was entertaining to watch but I couldn't help but think she was being rather disrespectful to her real parents by saying shes adopted in another land. Plain delusional as well.

You are allowed to lie about yourself online as much as you wish. A common variant is to lie about your gender, and a lot of people like to exaggerate their achievements. It doesn't mean you're delusional, just that you're not very honest.
Jan 15, 2016 2:03 AM

Nov 2015
because they're newfags copying what they heard on 4chan when the site started out with two boards /a/ (anime) and /b/ (anime-random).
It USED to be used ironically, until dipshits turned 12 and got unsupervised time on the internet and went off without the context.

Vor uns liegt MAL, in uns marschiert MAL, und hinter uns, kommt MAL!
Jan 15, 2016 2:05 AM

Jul 2015
because weebs are losers
and malposters are weebs-in-denial

ofc they'd try to dissociate from it
Jan 15, 2016 2:20 AM

Mar 2014
Weaboos are funny, I like to be friends with them.
Jan 15, 2016 2:31 AM

Oct 2008
Never met one and most I have seen online seem extremely insufferable.
Jan 15, 2016 2:35 AM
Feb 2014
if you exist you are a weeaboo, be ashamed.
Jan 15, 2016 2:49 AM
Jul 2018
Because weeaboos disrespect japanese culture. TheAnimeMan has a nice video explaining it.
Jan 15, 2016 3:05 AM

Oct 2015
It's an overused and misused word and Weaboos are people who tend to disregard their culture completely and think Japan is a full of harem , wonderful colors and people who talk and pose in a funny way.
Jan 15, 2016 3:49 AM

Oct 2014
Being a normal anime fan is perfectly alright. I'm pretty sure most people on MAL, even our more wacky or crazy members whose profile names we tend to recognize are really into anime for the enjoyment of it.

Being an obnoxious weeaboo on the other hand is not something to be proud off. There's nothing cool about being overly obsessed about Japan (or any other country for that matter) while hating your own. But, I do agree about the word being overused and simply thrown around especially by people who are not into anime. Not every anime fan is a weeaboo.
Feb 10, 2016 11:10 AM
Dec 2015
They're the reason some people dislike anime .-.
Feb 10, 2016 11:14 AM

Dec 2015
KonaKoffee4 said:

But that is a pretty sweet computer/desk setup.
Feb 10, 2016 11:18 AM

May 2015
The main problem I see with weeaboos is that they negatively color the public perception of anime fans. As in, the average Joe thinks that everyone who likes anime is a Pocky-eating, Naruto headband-wearing, hambeastical autist. That's not entirely untrue, honestly.
Feb 10, 2016 11:20 AM

Aug 2014
Bobby2Hands said:
KonaKoffee4 said:

But that is a pretty sweet computer/desk setup.

Agreed. Sword's not bad either (I like swords and guns for decorative purposes. Not a psycho).

KaoruMatsuoka said:
The main problem I see with weeaboos is that they negatively color the public perception of anime fans. As in, the average Joe thinks that everyone who likes anime is a Pocky-eating, Naruto headband-wearing, hambeastical autist. That's not entirely untrue, honestly.

Isn't that more of a problem with the public perception, then?
Feb 10, 2016 12:33 PM

Mar 2014
I don't dislike "weeaboos" I just strongly dislike the word.
Feb 10, 2016 1:20 PM
Mar 2012
AllenNoah said:

Sure - in that the general view of anime fans is incorrect. Still, this is not helpful for anime fans, like the stereotype that people who play professional sports like American football/football are stupid. It's ground in a fairly solid basis but is not necessarily true - existing in a society involves your public image after all, it is impossible not to have some basis for people to judge you off: it's better that it's not being an obnoxious waste of space...

dinesj21 said:

Why?
Why do you not dislike ignorant, obnoxious people who try to enforce the view that anime/Japan is the best and ignore other any other opinion - because that is what a weeaboo is.

An anime fan is not a weeaboo, an otaku is not a weeaboo, someone who watches anime occationally or casually is not a weeaboo - just because someone says they are doesn't make them correct. It's like me calling someone who likes sports(using sports again) a Jock asshole - they might just like sports and be a perfectly nice person.
Feb 10, 2016 1:25 PM

Aug 2014
Kreion said:
AllenNoah said:

Sure - in that the general view of anime fans is incorrect. Still, this is not helpful for anime fans, like the stereotype that people who play professional sports like American football/football are stupid. It's ground in a fairly solid basis but is not necessarily true - existing in a society involves your public image after all, it is impossible not to have some basis for people to judge you off: it's better that it's not being an obnoxious waste of space...

I getcha, I'm just saying we ourselves can't do anything about that image. At best we'll be seen as "one of the good ones" and at worse we make ourselves look like a self-hating sub-culture of nerds in denial (see several posts here).
Feb 10, 2016 1:28 PM
Mar 2012
AllenNoah said:
Kreion said:

I getcha, I'm just saying we ourselves can't do anything about that image. At best we'll be seen as "one of the good ones" and at worse we make ourselves look like a self-hating sub-culture of nerds in denial (see several posts here).

Yeah that's kinda true, but it's the best anyone can do about it. After all every profession or hobby has negative connotations associated with it, anime is just more niche so people know less about it and are quicker to judge it.

Plus, let's be honest here, the people who just think of you as 'one of the good ones' aren't people you want to be friends with anyway, they're judgmental assholes. As long as they can stop being an asshole to your face then your life will be improved~
Feb 10, 2016 1:35 PM
Laughing Man

Jun 2012
I don't, but I guess people like to have someone to hate on. I can understand that.
Anyway, MAL since when do you care so much what people think about you?
Feb 10, 2016 4:32 PM

Mar 2014
Kreion said:
AllenNoah said:

dinesj21 said:

Why?
Why do you not dislike ignorant, obnoxious people who try to enforce the view that anime/Japan is the best and ignore other any other opinion - because that is what a weeaboo is.

An anime fan is not a weeaboo, an otaku is not a weeaboo, someone who watches anime occationally or casually is not a weeaboo - just because someone says they are doesn't make them correct. It's like me calling someone who likes sports(using sports again) a Jock asshole - they might just like sports and be a perfectly nice person.
Let them be ignorant. Lol. Who cares? If that's their opinion, let it be their opinion. It isn't going to change yours and yours surely isn't going to change theirs. So why make such a big deal about it? I don't let the opinions of other people bother me because that's exactly what they are. Opinions. Everyone's entitled to them. Don't get all bent out of shape just because not every person agrees with you.
Feb 10, 2016 5:42 PM

Feb 2016
masumi_amari said:
Don't get me wrong, it does get annoying when you're sitting next to someone and all of the sudden they say "KAWAII~"

But weeaboos are always generalized and I don't see why people get upset if weeaboos have a preference of Asian people.

I think you are mixing up weeaboo and enthusiast. An enthusiast doesn't ruin his/her "brand" but make it grow. Weeaboos are are on a whole nother level.
Feb 11, 2016 4:11 AM
Mar 2012
dinesj21 said:
Let them be ignorant. Lol. Who cares? If that's their opinion, let it be their opinion. It isn't going to change yours and yours surely isn't going to change theirs. So why make such a big deal about it? I don't let the opinions of other people bother me because that's exactly what they are. Opinions. Everyone's entitled to them. Don't get all bent out of shape just because not every person agrees with you.

Because the attitude of 'let them be ignorant' is fucking stupid and about as short-sighted as you can get. If your 'opinion' is actively detrimental to other people then no, we should not just sit around and let people have that opinion - this is why you try to expand people's minds and help them see other points of view. When a racist says something stupid for example, by just letting that comment stand you are passively agreeing with them - 'it's their opinion' is not an excuse for ignorance or stupidity, it's a get out clause for people who have no grounds on which to back up why they feel the way they do.

If you don't understand just how poorly ignorance can influence people then I really can't help you, we have education so people aren't bound by ignorance and can make their own informed decisions. Sure, you could argue I am over exaggerating by talking about ignorance in the wider sense - but all being a weeaboo is (as in being an obnoxious fan who can't accept that the thing they like might have flaws and the country that made it is far from perfect) is a symptom of ignorance in the extreme.
Feb 11, 2016 4:15 AM

Mar 2012
I don't go out of my way to make fun of them, but if a real obnoxious one's all up in my face you better believe it annoys me.
Feb 11, 2016 4:53 AM

Dec 2014
Because they're annoying as shit.

(I swear though, I've actually seen some right-wing news sites like Breitbart bring up weeaboos as an actual issue in America; If someone can explain to me how the fuck that even works let me know (I'm guessing because liking anything foreign is "Un-American" and thus you're an awful person just because you like that foreign thing; Oh and being "Un-American" is somehow the worst thing you can be in America. Being Un-American and being an alright person is somehow worse than being full-on American and ACTUALLY being an awful person))
Feb 11, 2016 5:02 AM

Nov 2009
Burger-Meister said:
(I swear though, I've actually seen some right-wing news sites like Breitbart bring up weeaboos as an actual issue in America; If someone can explain to me how the fuck that even works let me know (I'm guessing because liking anything foreign is "Un-American" and thus you're an awful person just because you like that foreign thing; Oh and being "Un-American" is somehow the worst thing you can be in America. Being Un-American and being an alright person is somehow worse than being full-on American and ACTUALLY being an awful person))

That's nationalism for you. Or maybe ultranationalism, in case you have nationalist friends who are alright people.
Anyway, there is a whole lot of people who, for no explainable reason, believe countries have some value beyond the happiness of their people. They're dangerous, and might attack you for not praising their country loud enough, beware.
Feb 11, 2016 1:40 PM

Mar 2014
Kreion said:
dinesj21 said:

Because the attitude of 'let them be ignorant' is fucking stupid and about as short-sighted as you can get. If your 'opinion' is actively detrimental to other people then no, we should not just sit around and let people have that opinion - this is why you try to expand people's minds and help them see other points of view. When a racist says something stupid for example, by just letting that comment stand you are passively agreeing with them - 'it's their opinion' is not an excuse for ignorance or stupidity, it's a get out clause for people who have no grounds on which to back up why they feel the way they do.

If you don't understand just how poorly ignorance can influence people then I really can't help you, we have education so people aren't bound by ignorance and can make their own informed decisions. Sure, you could argue I am over exaggerating by talking about ignorance in the wider sense - but all being a weeaboo is (as in being an obnoxious fan who can't accept that the thing they like might have flaws and the country that made it is far from perfect) is a symptom of ignorance in the extreme.
Ok. Get all bent out of shape about it. Lol. It only ruins your day, not mine.
Feb 12, 2016 1:40 AM

May 2015
Burger-Meister said:
Because they're annoying as shit.

I think people talking about weeabos are a worst problem. They're everywhere, and they constantly beg for approval: "I HATE WEEABOS GO FILTHY FRANK AM I COOL?"

No.
WEAPONS - My blog, for reviews of music, anime, books, and other things
Feb 12, 2016 1:44 AM

Dec 2015
Varista said:
I dislike words like weaboo, otaku etc in general but..

People use the word weaboo wrong. A Weaboo means they dislike their home country/customs ie; "Omg fuck my parents for living in shitmerica why can we move to japan where I would get a harem and a perfect life". Being on overall ignorant tard.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=weaboo

I genuinely want to meet such a guy. So I can laugh hard at em XD
Feb 12, 2016 2:00 AM

Sep 2014
Deymn.... Sometimes obsession on run. That makes people prejudice at times
Feb 12, 2016 9:59 AM
May 2014
Robiiii said:
Varista said:
I dislike words like weaboo, otaku etc in general but..

People use the word weaboo wrong. A Weaboo means they dislike their home country/customs ie; "Omg fuck my parents for living in shitmerica why can we move to japan where I would get a harem and a perfect life". Being on overall ignorant tard.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=weaboo

Nothing mean about a reality check

also why is this old as hell thread alive again lol
Feb 12, 2016 10:03 AM

Dec 2015
Varista said:
Robiiii said:

Nothing mean about a reality check

also why is this old as hell thread alive again lol
Becuz ppl like us continue to post on it
Thats how mal works atleast
Feb 12, 2016 8:34 PM
Jul 2018
I only dislike the really irritatingly bad ones who try and rub the fact that they're supposedly of "actual Japanese origin" in your face, while they butcher the language extensively doing so. Also, there are some of them who end up being creeps/weirdos who as a result of their obsession take on some rather inappropriate behaviors, although many of them are the harmless kind of annoying that I can take, the bad ones are... memorable, let's say.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hentai is the worst anime genre ever created. ( 1 2 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Yesterday

75 by TheDarkLordOtaku »»
1 minute ago

Poll: » Does your first ever favourite anime(s) still holds a place in your favs?

NubFix - 39 minutes ago

3 by Toooooooooohru »»
9 minutes ago

Poll: » Best Russian in anime

Catalano - 10 hours ago

22 by TsutanaiFuun »»
9 minutes ago

» Anime that low-testosterone males can't comprehend ( 1 2 )

Ejrodiew - Apr 14

64 by Blueberry173 »»
10 minutes ago

» How you feel about non-Japanese entertainment/media using Anime art style?

Dragevard - 2 hours ago

7 by FanofAction »»
15 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.