Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 6, 2016 4:03 PM

Aug 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well, the transformation is cute, at the end (as a funny thing only) I thought they will said: "Futari wa precure" not mahou tsukai precure.

What? They enter a secret train station, Harry Potter where? And when both said Kyuapu rapapa when they are in that broomstick they look so pathetic, honestly.

Feb 6, 2016 5:26 PM

May 2013
OP is good I guess. ED lol with broomstick guitar. :D

I'm not like Mirai. Riko looks funny with her 'Nerai doori'. Entire episode she speak always remind me Hanekawa.

the battle sequence average. expected sakuga like episode pilot gopri though.

megmicaFeb 6, 2016 6:02 PM
Feb 6, 2016 6:52 PM

Nov 2008
This feels like the first Precure in a few major ways however going back to the roots in these aspects exposes one flaw, Toei has officially ran out of ideas for invoking the monster of the week although a flying truck has not been used before but I get the feeling that they are also running out of ideas for the monsters as well. The ED is really good and OP is average but catchy. I hope going to back to the roots will make the anime turn out at least as good as Gopri.

Riko and Mirai all look cute and I like their personalities.

Feb 6, 2016 11:29 PM

May 2008
minimiau said:
And when both said Kyuapu rapapa when they are in that broomstick they look so pathetic, honestly.

Yea tha scean is horrible but all together not a bad start.... I think it fan to watch.
I hope we see more Harry potter reference XD
Feb 7, 2016 12:07 AM
Jun 2011
Haou-Judai said:
minimiau said:
And when both said Kyuapu rapapa when they are in that broomstick they look so pathetic, honestly.

Yea tha scean is horrible but all together not a bad start.... I think it fan to watch.
I hope we see more Harry potter reference XD
it seems this season they focus more on comedy scencs and fights then serious ones
Feb 7, 2016 1:24 AM

Sep 2015
What i found out is the theme for the bad guys is yokubou~desire, not sure yet and still need more episodes.

The op song is as fun as always like other precure series. Surprisingly the op didn't show any big antagonis?

And from the op seems like the precures have a few transform outfit as well, can't wait to see that of course if there is one. The current original form is from diamond.

Very cool when both of them keep shouting cure purapapa =) Straight duo transfromation at the first episode, very cool i guess.

Fighting scene is very sharp.

The bad guys fight with the monster (eventhou he is under the damn truck only), and retreat together. << Very rare
Feb 7, 2016 6:06 AM

Feb 2014
Feb 7, 2016 6:57 AM

Sep 2010
We Gonna Rapapa Tonight
Feb 7, 2016 7:51 AM

Oct 2011
Departure from ultra-rich people worrying about if they make their dreams come true is nice start (which made GoPri so stupid). Also as weird as it sounds becoming witch is more realistic goal than princess, so another plus here.

Riko and Mirai look like fun main pair. Neither of them is too perfect, I liked funny moments here (especially cat scene).
Welcome back dual transformation! It's been a while :) kind of disappointment with lack of "what I've just said" moment.

Not much to be said about fight, it was just there. I do hope they will follow one good thing in GoPri and make them more physical but than theme is witches so probably not.

-1 for that bear thingy not being voiced by Norio Wakamoto.
Feb 7, 2016 9:18 AM
May 2013
Dalek-baka said:

Riko and Mirai look like fun main pair. Neither of them is too perfect, I liked funny moments here (especially cat scene).
Welcome back dual transformation! It's been a while :) kind of disappointment with lack of "what I've just said" moment.

there was. right after it both said "Cure miracle?" "Cure Magical?"
Feb 7, 2016 11:46 AM

Nov 2012
that was a really fun episode, nice start for the series. riko and mirai make a fun duo, hope it continues like this~
Feb 7, 2016 4:01 PM
Jun 2008
Dalek-baka said:

-1 for that bear thingy not being voiced by Norio Wakamoto.

this. it would've been hilarious
Feb 7, 2016 8:32 PM
Jan 2015
well, the episode was good... The magic feeling and transformation was really cute. But the fight was not too good that last season, i really hope it gets better. :3
I felt a little nostalgic, it looks a lot like Suite Precure. it's good, because Suite P. was a good season ^^
Feb 7, 2016 10:02 PM

Jul 2014
Generic, no surprise given the target audience. It's not terrible but the music sure is, wow.
Feb 8, 2016 6:13 AM

Sep 2012
Maybe I was expecting too much after GoPri, safe start, not very innovative.
I really like Riko and Mirai's chemistry, they have fun personalities and work well together.
The opening... Am I the only one who can't unhear the Moetan opening?
Since they aren't reavealing too much of the plot yet, let's hope that there are some surprises awaiting.
Feb 8, 2016 9:33 AM

Dec 2008
I think this season will be good :).

.. And again like Hummy from Suite Precure, Mofrun looks like a male but its female.. for me at least
Feb 8, 2016 3:27 PM

Jun 2009
So, she's 13... Same as my sister. I can't really imagine a girl of that age to carry her teddy bear in a purse.

This was actually fun. Kind of slow, but a good start.
I want their clothes after the change. Too cute.
Also, I'm new to the Precure anime, so I don't know if this is a thing. But they look older in their Pretty Cure form, or is it just me?

Just... Those hair wings are ridiculous.

It's the only thing I don't like in her design. But well, gotta get used to it, I guess...
I like pancakes.
Feb 8, 2016 4:50 PM
May 2009
I'm enjoying the characters' personalities more this time. Let's see where this goes.

MiniJusta said:

Also, I'm new to the Precure anime, so I don't know if this is a thing. But they look older in their Pretty Cure form, or is it just me?

It's the only thing I don't like in her design. But well, gotta get used to it, I guess...

1. Often they tend to look older, though sometimes it's just because of the style of the outfits.

2. Yes they do look impractical, though that's hardly unusual for Anime, let alone Precure. Hair often defies gravity and hair gel, whether they be girl or boy. I've just learned to ignore it though, or appreciate the creative intent in such designs. At least here you can brush it away using "Magic Powered transformation making the impossible possible" here.
Feb 8, 2016 4:59 PM

Mar 2012
Why didn't they use any finisher yet? One thing I'm waiting on Precure is that. I hope it's not CGI like GoPri.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Feb 8, 2016 5:43 PM

Jun 2009
japzone said:
1. Often they tend to look older, though sometimes it's just because of the style of the outfits.

2. Yes they do look impractical, though that's hardly unusual for Anime, let alone Precure. Hair often defies gravity and hair gel, whether they be girl or boy. I've just learned to ignore it though, or appreciate the creative intent in such designs. At least here you can brush it away using "Magic Powered transformation making the impossible possible" here.

1. Yeah, thought so. Longer hair and different clothes, I suppose it can totally change how people see somebody. I was just making sure, if it was a normal thing in the Precure series.
2. True. I do try to ignore it too, but I think those hair flaps will bug me through the whole series. Good thing they got more than one transformation design.
I like pancakes.
Feb 8, 2016 8:14 PM

Oct 2011
PRECURE YAY!

Cure UP RAPAPA

Cure Miracle and Cure Magical <33
Feb 8, 2016 9:34 PM
Sep 2014
I really liked the first episode, so much nostalgia haha. I miss being a kid and watching Precure..
I think it'll get better, or I at least hope it will.
Feb 9, 2016 2:08 AM
Oct 2015
I honestly didn't like this first episode. Nothing really happens.

Hero stares out window (who does that these days?), unusual thing happens, she goes and looks for it unsupervised, finds secondary hero on a mop, not much disbelief (I can understand this for Jewelpet Magical Change where everyone accepts Jewelpets as part of the world, but for this case, it is unacceptable), villain appears like Iris from Pokemon BW, turns nearby truck into enemy (-1 for absence of Big Rigs Over the Road Racing reference), heroes shout earworm catchphrase, enemy is in disbelief and escapes, they go to a Magical Academy. Credit sequence rolls. Not very compelling.

Contrast this to HappinessCharge's first episode, where you immediately get thrown into the conflicting ideologies (which remain flawed to this day) that set the tone for the whole show. The first main character you see is not Megumi, but Hime as she struggles as a hero and overall person. The viewpoint of the real main character is then seen with Hime's opinion on things, and eventually after we get by the political correctness of it all, the first fight begins as a cliffhanger with Megumi being all heroic (contrast Sailor Moon). Credit sequence rolls (which is by far the best in the Pretty Cure franchise). Epic.

Is Toei trying to focus more on the toy sales than the advertising for them (the very show we are watching)?
Feb 9, 2016 1:25 PM
Sep 2011
Never thought I'd see the day where twenty seconds into a Cure's introduction I find myself immediately adoring them. Riko comes off as a bit of a mild tsundere, trying to act all serious but deep down she's a marshmallow.

It's a good thing I like very silly, cheerful protagonists in these kinds of shows, otherwise Mirai might be a bit obnoxious to me. It's like she ate Nozomi and Miyuki and their ultra happiness is overloading inside her. Carrying around a teddy bear with her everywhere is so childish, but I can't be annoyed. Too precious.

I also like that Mirai has a personal attachment to the mascot critter before they're introduced as a character. Makes me wonder if the doll is being possessed or if it was aware all the time. And what of the All-Stars movie? Usually the mascots know each other beforehand.

I was a little concerned that two Cures might not be able to carry a show, based on how boring I found past seasons like Splash Star and early Heartcatch to be, but these two work together well enough that I was entertained the entire way through.

Strange that the OP didn't show us any of the antagonists though. I'm so used to that standard shot of all of the villains you see in a lot of these kinds of anime.

Also, no "I'm a transfer student/it's my first day of school!" cliche. I'm hoping that the only school that gets focused on is the magic school, cause that's loads more interesting.

I was giving Precure a break after Hacha disappointed me, but it feels good to be back. Hopefully this one won't do the same.
Feb 9, 2016 4:38 PM

Mar 2009
Enjoyed the first episode, especially when you throw in the OP/ED. I see that they're playing the mahou shoujo trope straight this season. Much better (and more attainable) goal than having a protagonist who's goal is to become a princess.

Well, I'm not going to go bash GoPrincess, which grew me on towards the end of it's run. It had it's moments and Haruka became a more likable character but the basic premise made it difficult to fully get into the series.
Feb 9, 2016 4:41 PM
Jul 2015
Fun stuff all around.
Feb 9, 2016 5:01 PM

Oct 2011
I thought it was pretty cute!! I thought Cure Rapapa would be annoying but i like it and the duo transformation is great, bringing it back. The animation is less than stellar but im still looking forward to more. Villain is ugly tho

Forum icon by Yandere

Feb 9, 2016 9:48 PM
Aug 2015
I expected more from this season. This kind of disappointed me, as I was expecting more from this series. But nonetheless, this is the first episode, so I will give it a breathing chance.
Feb 9, 2016 9:53 PM
Aug 2015
AnimeFan500 said:
PRECURE YAY!

Cure UP RAPAPA

Cure Miracle and Cure Magical <33

Totally me when I was watching.
Feb 10, 2016 5:07 AM

Jun 2013
My second precure after DokiDoki
Hope i can survive watching this one until end since Hocchan become lead character

Feb 10, 2016 9:43 AM
Sep 2007
I was wondering when will Yui Horie become Precure too, since she also voiced that one little girl who likes to dance in one of latest Precure movies.

Don't know much about Rie Takahashi, though.

Anyway, I really hope this series will only have these two, since having more Precure only moves focus on Pink Precure as leader.
Feb 10, 2016 6:23 PM

Aug 2015
This will be my first Precure that I've started when it aired, and it seems like it's off to a good start. Really slow at first, but the atmosphere was great. And I love the designs (especially Cure Magical). The witch theme is pretty nice, so maybe this will turn out to be what I had hoped Sasami Mahou Shoujo Club was going to be.
Feb 11, 2016 2:02 PM

May 2013
MiniJusta said:
So, she's 13... Same as my sister. I can't really imagine a girl of that age to carry her teddy bear in a purse.

This was actually fun. Kind of slow, but a good start.
I want their clothes after the change. Too cute.

yes, they become older in precure form.

>Become adult-like when transforming.
>This time, when the girls transform into Precure they become older and more adult-like. Similar to classic magical girl shows in which the girls were able to transform into adults; to become a cool adult is a little kid's dream. Not just the designs, we will also make the voices more adult when they're in Cure form.

someone translated from magazine. :-l
http://precure.livejournal.com/2993431.html?thread=49972247#t49972247
Feb 12, 2016 6:39 AM
Apr 2015
I'm not a fan of Cure Miracle's design. It was pretty much just ripped from Cure Flora's with little changes. That's just lazy.
Feb 12, 2016 8:45 AM

Jan 2012
I'm a long time Precure fan, and also Sentai and Rider as well, so I know that this was just a simple introduction episode and felt pretty generic. If you are newer to the Precure series, don't let this turn you off from it. It's important to keep in mind the main goal of these shows are to sell toys, and to be able to run the show for an entire year, so there is a lot of filler involved as well.

Just because of that, however, does not mean they can't still make a good show out of it. In some cases the filler episodes can be really fun. When the filler drags, it can be occasionally hard to follow weekly if you have a lot of other current season shows on your plate, but once they get back into the main story it's usually enough to get you back into it, especially once they hit mid-series.

As far as the actual show, we still don't know a whole lot about the personalities of the two girls, but I can tell they will be a good team. I've always been a fan of characters like Cure Heart and Cure Lovely who are always thinking about others over themselves. So far neither of these two give off that feeling.

The way they transform together by holding hands makes me wonder how it will work for introducing other Precure. It would be kind of neat if it was just a simple team like Cure Black and Cure White, but Toei hasn't done that in forever, and I doubt they would go back to that since that means less merchandise to sell.

As far as Mofurun, I can already tell he's going to annoy me. The fairies are always hit or miss for me. My favorite will probably always be Hummy from Suite Precure. I always like the goofier ones like the fairies from HeartCatch as well.

The voice actors so far are definitely my favorite part. I instantly loved Rie Takahashi's voice in Sore ga Seiyuu, and I don't even have to go into how great Yui Horie is. I also enjoyed hearing Kouji Yusa as one of the main enemies. I always liked his voice since Kamen Rider Den-O as Urataros, but I haven't gotten to see him in too many anime. The most recent were Taimadou Gakuen 35 Shiken Shoutai last season, and GATE which is currently airing.

I'm definitely looking forward to where this series goes. I like that we are actually getting true magical girls this time around. Hopefully the rest of the main enemy group is cool and they get some other good voice actors for later Precure that join the group.

For new fans, I definitely recommend checking out HeartCatch and Suite Precure in the meantime while waiting each week for this new show. There are other good ones too, but I think those two will always be my top two, especially because of the amazing soundtracks.
Feb 13, 2016 6:28 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Decent episode. Art is bland. The transformation was nice. Also that CGI ED was good too.

3/5
Feb 22, 2016 4:26 AM

Nov 2015
Interesting opening

Mar 9, 2016 11:28 AM

Nov 2011
wtf.....................
Mar 14, 2016 8:56 PM

Jul 2011
A pretty good start if u ask me.

I like the idea and the transformation is nice. I like both character. Can't wait to see more.
Apr 10, 2016 6:00 AM
Apr 2016
gloves and grow hi
Sep 10, 2018 1:30 PM

Nov 2012
Hmm this is probably the first season that didn't hook me with it's first episode,it just felt really bland imo.
Nov 10, 2018 2:56 PM

Nov 2018
-MC has purple eyes, nice. A nice shade of purple, and they match with her hair pretty well. And her outfit is soo cute Her mom is pretty as well. MC2 has a pretty nice combination of her/eyes as well, they're all very pretty. Nice chara design.
-I love how fast paced the opening is.
-I also get pretty hyped when people start talking about witches, i understand her completely.
-Did the bear fall down on purpose to make the two of them meet? aww. Man their designs really work well next to each other.I'm loving the art, the backgrounds too, it's all so pretty.
-She carries her bear everywhere with her, the girl has balls. I love her personality, she's so cute.
-His name is Batty? Lmao. What the hell is that.
-I personally like Toei's animation style a lot, there's a lot of care in making it pretty.My focus has been on Mirai the whole episode.
-Okay the henshin is perfect, they are so beautiful. They are more girly than other precures.
-Their reaction after hearing the bear talk lmao. The magic train station is so pretty what the hell.
-The end dance is girly and cute as well aww. nice end card.
Apr 28, 2019 3:18 PM

Jul 2015
Time to start another Precure! This first episode was nice, I already can see a big friendship happening between Riko and Mirai, they made such a great duo!

Aw man, seeing Mirai going around with Mofurun reminded me so much from when I was a kid, I used to do that with my plushes as well! I'm so weak with this stuff q_q

Only bad thing I can say from this episode was Mofurun's VA, oof, I personally quite disliked her voice when I watched Lady Jewelpet, I hope it doesn't bother me much, on the other hand we have the VA of freaking Megumin and Emilia voicing Mirai, so awesome!

That end tho, look at that train station, we Harry Potter now!

MetaThPr4hMay 1, 2019 8:14 AM
Aug 22, 2020 8:03 AM

Jun 2015
I love Riko and Mirai so much!

πŸ’– 𝐼'𝓂 π’½π’Άπ“Žπ’Ήπ‘’π“ƒβ£ πŸ’–

⋆ Λšο½‘β‹†ΰ­¨ΰ­§Λš πŸ’ π’―π“Œπ’Ύπ“‰π“‰π‘’π“‡ πŸ’ π’΄π‘œπ“Šπ’―π“Šπ’·π‘’ πŸ’ Λšΰ­¨ΰ­§β‹†ο½‘Λš ⋆
πŸ’ π‘€π“ŽπΉπ’Ύπ‘”π“Šπ“‡π‘’π’žπ‘œπ“π“π‘’π’Έπ“‰π’Ύπ‘œπ“ƒ πŸ’
May 21, 2021 7:06 AM

Feb 2020
Aww. That was so cute. Great start! :) I immediately got some Little Witch Academia vibes.

Riko and Mirai are both likable characters. I really like their chemistry. Their transformations were also great.

Mofurun is so fluffy and adorable! <3

That broomstick guitar was hilarious. xD

SerafosFeb 1, 2023 2:02 AM
Jun 14, 2022 7:08 AM

Aug 2018
Girl meets the witch.. ;P
Liko was hurrying to find something.. But at least she stopped to tell Mirai she dropped the bear..
Magic Academy, hm.. Maybe there we'll learn more about Liko..
Overall, looks like potentially enjoyable magical girls anime.. But will see.. ;P
Feb 3, 2023 5:20 AM

Feb 2020
Re-watching this.

In my opinion, this is the most underrated PreCure season. People should give this more love. This has such a great main cast and interesting story.

However, I don't remember most of the details anymore, so here we go again.

Mofurun is so cute. :3

The bond between her and Mirai is really heartwarming. <3

It was hilarious when Mirai didn't want to let go of Riko.

I really like both Cure Miracle and Cure Magical's design. Their transformation is beautiful.

Mirai got very excited when she heard that she's going to the Magic School.

And now, let the story begin!

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mahoutsukai Precure! Episode 50 Discussion

Blackbird - Jan 29, 2017

22 by gannoncannon55 »»
Mar 31, 11:11 PM

Poll: » Mahoutsukai Precure! Episode 49 Discussion

megmica - Jan 21, 2017

23 by gannoncannon55 »»
Mar 31, 10:48 PM

Poll: » Mahoutsukai Precure! Episode 48 Discussion

mozgow - Jan 16, 2017

7 by gannoncannon55 »»
Mar 31, 10:26 PM

Poll: » Mahoutsukai Precure! Episode 47 Discussion

Wazefock - Jan 9, 2017

8 by gannoncannon55 »»
Mar 31, 10:01 PM

Poll: » Mahoutsukai Precure! Episode 46 Discussion

silverwalls - Dec 26, 2016

6 by gannoncannon55 »»
Mar 31, 9:41 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.