Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Dimension W
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Feb 7, 2016 5:54 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Kyouma is awesome, just storming in there and being a badass.

Really felt bad for Mira this episode as even though she is a robot, the torture looks quite nasty.
Glad to see Mira break free though. Elizabeth also played her part as well. Intense episode. There's no rest for the wicked when it comes to killing in this series but it's nice to also learn the truth about Enamori. I love how Kyouma's fight at the end of this episode and Mira's role there. Nice.

Stark700Feb 7, 2016 6:43 AM
Feb 7, 2016 6:58 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
That was a really good conclusion to this arc imo

The way everything unravelled wasn't as confusing as things were last week so I was thankful for that, however this episode added a while new realm of possibilities that can be brought out by The Numbers so I was quite surprised by all of this stuff

What happened to Enamori was very tragic and I felt so bad for her as well as for the novelist guy....Seeing how this entire situation with them unfolded was intense and just astonishing for me because of how crazy this entire situation was

Kyouma was a badass as usual in this and Mira went through some more shit but thankfully she was able to turn everything around and solve this mystery....It's interesting how Elizabeth is working with Loser and now I'm wondering if these kids are REALLY his children lol

I want to know more about Kyouma's past and so does Mira so I hope the next arc is about that....The ending with the maid had me confused and concerned as well....Not sure who her dad is (Unless it was that dude that the got the life hit out of him in that control room?) as well as who those people are that she was conversing with
TokoyaFeb 7, 2016 7:06 AM
Feb 7, 2016 6:59 AM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
Numbers really can do anything eh....turning this anime into having supernatural element, which I never expected at all.

...and wow, Kyoma didn't hesitate to punch Mira in the face just because she was missing when he needed her.....I know Mira is a robot and the punch backfired, but still.....

Elizabeth definitely needs to show up again later.....she is my most favorite girl in this show.

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Feb 7, 2016 7:00 AM

Jan 2015
Yep, another love abuse word from Kyoma, "Special" for Mirei. :P

What a tragic past, and kinda creepy for Enamori. Got slipped and then direct hit on the head. But then...
MasceraFeb 7, 2016 7:16 AM
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Feb 7, 2016 7:07 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
RayAdha said:
Numbers really can do anything eh....turning this anime into having supernatural element, which I never expected at all.

...and wow, Kyoma didn't hesitate to punch Mira in the face just because she was missing when he needed her.....I know Mira is a robot and the punch backfired, but still.....

Elizabeth definitely needs to show up again later.....she is my most favorite girl in this show.
Ikr? Kyouma needs to take a chill pill
Feb 7, 2016 7:15 AM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Poor piece of junk Mira. I think Kyouma's tsundere for Mira XD

Kyouma's such a badass though.

4/5
Feb 7, 2016 7:36 AM
Jul 2018
Number's can do a lot of different things lol.

That was quite the emotional end, kinda felt bad for them.

Kyouma is so badass, I love his weapons.
Feb 7, 2016 7:59 AM

Dec 2015
Finally, the backstory was well explained (flashbacks do the trick, I guess). This was a really sad arc, I feel bad for Enamori and the others (not for the writer, tho, since he was the cause of everything). Such a tragic story...

However, we are starting to see the power and possibilities of the dimension W.

4/5
Feb 7, 2016 8:01 AM

Feb 2014
This is one of the better episode I have seen so far.
Feb 7, 2016 8:18 AM

Mar 2014
I hope I'm not the only one who was pissed at Kyoma punching Mira in the face like really hard :O Glad she was being totally oblivious afterwards though
Feb 7, 2016 8:28 AM

Dec 2015
My first thought seeing this guy was just

Feb 7, 2016 8:32 AM

Aug 2013
I think that people from Orange are not in their highest form. CG in this show looks cheap comparing to Comet Lucifer for example (but it still is not that bad comparing to CG in other shows in the season) and it's kinda shame because 2D animation done by 3Hz looks brilliant.
I'm writing this because that transparent monsters were really hard to watch...
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Feb 7, 2016 8:50 AM

Apr 2014
Mira is just too cute

Feb 7, 2016 8:56 AM

Aug 2008
Rather disappointing episode. With close to no build up I couldn't give a damn (no pun intended) about these people or the whole dam story in general. DtB managed to flesh out one time characters in 2 episode arcs but it didn't work for this series.

It's regrettable to say but this episode was basically bla, bla, oh, blonde with bat obsession is connected to Looser, bla, bla, dimension W works magic, bla, bla, when will this episode end... I wasn't expecting this series to make me so bored and uninterested in the story itself. Or maybe I'm just a cold hearted bastard who only wants to see some face punching and robot cheesecake...
Ii tenki desu ne...
Feb 7, 2016 9:01 AM

Dec 2013
only good thing out of this arc is Mira's bath scene.
Stay in yesterday 時を止めて
Feb 7, 2016 9:04 AM

Mar 2014
rsc-pl said:
I think that people from Orange are not in their highest form. CG in this show looks cheap comparing to Comet Lucifer for example (but it still is not that bad comparing to CG in other shows in the season) and it's kinda shame because 2D animation done by 3Hz looks brilliant.
I'm writing this because that transparent monsters were really hard to watch...

I spotted some CGI for like 2 or 3 scenes at most, when they appeared and when they came through the window. The other scenes were 2D as far as I could see. It's kind of weird if you think about it, wouldn;t it be cheaper to either use CGI for everthing or nothing at all? (considering someone has to make the 3D models and everything)
Feb 7, 2016 9:34 AM

Jul 2015
It was alright. Sort of felt rushed a little or something to me, but it was a nice ending towards this whole situation, overall, though. I never figured that the blue haired girl was actually that black haired girl all along (I probably should remember these names. Haha). That surprised me a bit, there.
Feb 7, 2016 9:36 AM

Apr 2015
Very intense episode. Didn't like the ugly CGI used for the monsters and water but oh well. Kind of entertaining, I guess. Not as good as before, though. Also, pretty sad too.
It's time you look inward and begin asking yourself the big question, "Who are you, and what do you want?" - Uncle Iroh
Feb 7, 2016 9:54 AM

Jun 2014
Does anyone familiar with the manga know if this episode also crammed a bunch of chapters in? Because this episode also felt kind of rushed as well.

Even though this episode felt rushed, it was still pretty interesting/a little sad with the backstory and the action was entertaining as well. Lol at Kyoma's punch backfiring and Mira not giving a shit. Hopefully the rest of the season doesn't rush things.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Feb 7, 2016 10:04 AM

Apr 2013
Still can't bring myself to skip this OP :o

Mira and Kyouma are so funny together.

Anyone else notice the ghost cry or whatever it was...
it was the same cry from Merry-go in One Piece when the ship came to pick up Luffy's crew at Enies Lobby.
duderusFeb 7, 2016 10:08 AM

Feb 7, 2016 10:14 AM

Feb 2014
The pacing was a little quick, but this episode wrapped up this arc nicely. =D

Kyouma's badass stats got another increase, with him dealing with the water monster, then dueling it out with the enemy, landing a beautiful kick to the face too!

It was tragic to see what Enamori had to go through. First, it was the 'Cameraman' who tried to assault her, in which she accidently killed him in self-defence. Not long after that, she slipped, fell down a small slope and landed head-first into a boulder. Really unfortunate for her. D=

Mira's role in this episode was solid, figuring out the way to escape her ordeal was to use logic that overruled the logic in the world that she was trapped in. When she recovered, Kyoma came in, royally pissed off with her, and tried to punch her as well. Amusingly, it backfired and she didn't feel any pain at all. Contrast to the end of the episode, where Kyoma lands a heavy pat on the back of her head, which she DID feel the hit. Kyoma learnt his lesson here. =)

With Mira's curiosity about Kyoma's past and his hatred of the coils, I wonder if the next arc will shed more light into his past? I'm hoping that it will.
Feb 7, 2016 10:14 AM

Nov 2014
I'm so confused...
Hi there
Feb 7, 2016 10:21 AM

Dec 2014
Time paradox I guess?

Nevertheless, it's nice when this show gives time to explain the world and the elements within it.

Though again, I can't not stop (triple negative yeah) seeing resemblances between this show and Gangsta. (I personally think this show is better; But they both still have similar elements (Hell, the OP for both shows are done by the same group))
Feb 7, 2016 10:24 AM

Sep 2014
kyle8998 said:
I'm so confused...

You're not alone.
Feb 7, 2016 10:34 AM

Sep 2015
the show looked really promising at first but turned out to be boring - at least the last 2 episodes

Feb 7, 2016 10:48 AM

Sep 2015
Well some could say that this had an happy end.
But I think it´s rather sad, because every single one of the group died anyways, except for the girl, which now has to live with the knowledge that all her friends died and her lover killed himself to save her.
Talk about a grim episode, huh?
That might be the reason that this is called " Dimension W" and not "Joy and Fun with Kyoma and Mira".

Bear with me the next part´s gonna be confusing and long:

Judging by the events in this episode, the numbers kind of store one reality in the 4th dimension.
There are multiple reasons why this doesn´t make any sense.
To store a part of reality it would require W to have 3 (if you count time as a dimension,4) dimensions aswell.
Either that, or W is less of an additional 4th (5th with time) dimension, rather an alternate universe, which can be used to store a part of reality.
By that logic, W would be sort of an "backup dimension" for our current world, so when nothing is stored, the dimension is empty.
And do you know what doesn´t exist in an empty universe? That´s right, energy, the very thing the coils are used to obtain from said dimension.
Long story short, you can´t have both, a reality storage and an endless supply of energy.
Either I´m overanalysing this a notch to much and the authors of the story didn´t think about it as much as I did or they think a 4th (5th) dimension wouldn´t be affected by our laws of physic.

Maybe Kyoma hates coils because they shouldn´t be able to exist?
Maybe there´s a gruesome reason they produce a seemingly endless supply of energy?
That would explain why Kyoma has zero chill.

Don´t get me wrong, I love this series. Just as much as I love overanalysing things. The text above is the outcome of this.
I can´t wait for the next episodes and hope that they will find an explanation for this.
Feb 7, 2016 11:15 AM
Jul 2018
This was a good episode.

The backstory was well explained!
Feb 7, 2016 11:27 AM

Jul 2009
I think the W is for Wat because I'm not sure how any of that worked
Don't forget.
Always, somewhere,
someone is fighting for you.
As long as you remember her,
you are not alone.
Feb 7, 2016 11:32 AM
Dec 2013
I got confused, what's this "other possibility" he's talking about? Did he save his friends in the original world or in the other?
Feb 7, 2016 11:32 AM
Feb 2016
Acridine said:

Judging by the events in this episode, the numbers kind of store one reality in the 4th dimension.
There are multiple reasons why this doesn´t make any sense.
To store a part of reality it would require W to have 3 (if you count time as a dimension,4) dimensions aswell.
Either that, or W is less of an additional 4th (5th with time) dimension, rather an alternate universe, which can be used to store a part of reality.
By that logic, W would be sort of an "backup dimension" for our current world, so when nothing is stored, the dimension is empty.
And do you know what doesn´t exist in an empty universe? That´s right, energy, the very thing the coils are used to obtain from said dimension.
Long story short, you can´t have both, a reality storage and an endless supply of energy.
Either I´m overanalysing this a notch to much and the authors of the story didn´t think about it as much as I did or they think a 4th (5th) dimension wouldn´t be affected by our laws of physic.

Maybe Kyoma hates coils because they shouldn´t be able to exist?
Maybe there´s a gruesome reason they produce a seemingly endless supply of energy?
That would explain why Kyoma has zero chill.

Don´t get me wrong, I love this series. Just as much as I love overanalysing things. The text above is the outcome of this.
I can´t wait for the next episodes and hope that they will find an explanation for this.

The mangaka of the source material actually did think it out. Dimension W is explained in an infodump that happened around the middle of the current episode that was removed from the anime, and which will probably never show up in the anime, so it's really not much of a spoiler:

Feb 7, 2016 11:36 AM

Jan 2013
simonli2575 said:
I got confused, what's this "other possibility" he's talking about? Did he save his friends in the original world or in the other?

In the other. In the real world, he ditched his friends to save Enamori. His conscience couldn't handle that fact, and part of him created another reality where he saves his friends but mourns for Enamori.

edit: spelling
210125Feb 7, 2016 11:39 AM
Feb 7, 2016 11:47 AM

Nov 2009
This show reminds me of the early seasons of Fringe, cases are intriguing, and I want to know about Mabuchi's past and the incident where he was the only survivor.
ったく、嫌な世の中だよ。
Feb 7, 2016 11:56 AM

Nov 2015
Mira had a good question to Kyouma's motive as a coil collector...
Maybe he had a lover or someone he made a promise to? Like the person he was walking towards in the opening song?
Feb 7, 2016 12:06 PM

Dec 2014
ok so the old one destroyed himself. Kinda wack yet enjoyable. Paradoxes always get me
Feb 7, 2016 12:10 PM

Jul 2010
Benphyre said:
only good thing out of this arc is Mira's bath scene.

That was a shower scene, not bath.
Feb 7, 2016 12:11 PM

May 2015
It's a shame, I think this show had the chance to be pretty special if the pacing wasn't so fast.

Nonetheless, I still enjoyed this arc.
Feb 7, 2016 12:21 PM

Jul 2014
Barely understood what was going on, it was pretty rushed.

The alternate universe shit just got me so lost along with the blonde haired bat girl who was connected to Loser and is his possible daughter because she called him papa? But then that guy who was standing at the edge of the woods was the one actually talking even though Loser's mask show'd up on her screen? I just didnt understand.

The story of the author was cool but it felt like something that happens later in the show like some small extra arc, we should be learning who Kyoma is not going on a Scooby-Doo adventure after only 4 episodes.

It was an okay episode just, wasn't something I cared for because it felt really random and out of place this early in the show. The mystery aspect isnt what I watched this show for, I watched it for scenes like when we first met Loser and so on, those were GREAT episodes. Not saying Mystery has to be gone but not just to this level.
ZjjFeb 7, 2016 12:26 PM
Feb 7, 2016 12:53 PM

Aug 2010
Kyouma's definitely starting to warm up to Mira. That last "Piece of Junk" was totally tsundere.
She's really helpful and he's realizing it :P

What shocked me most...Elizabeth is Loser's daughter O_o
Feb 7, 2016 1:14 PM

Jul 2015
Damn, what an ending! Really sad story that guy had going on. Great conclusion to this arc!
Feb 7, 2016 1:34 PM

Mar 2015
I'm sorry, but could someone explain what actually happened? I believe I understood the basics, but who were the guys who tried to kidnap the writer's pseudo-sister and why? Why the ghosts were attacking people in the real world in the first place? What was that giant blue cube? Who was that psycho redhead in the fake world and why everyone in that world were just killer material?
Hey!

Check Mononoke out!
Feb 7, 2016 1:38 PM

Feb 2013
Feb 7, 2016 1:46 PM
Jan 2012
I wasn't a fan of this arc. I'm glad it's over now.
Feb 7, 2016 1:49 PM

Feb 2015
i like the action. i like the story too. great episode overall, but there were many unexpected scene though.... like that blode loli is loser's daughter....that maid was the one who change the water.....that silver hair girl is actually the blue hair girl(forgot the name).
i just can't wait to see Kyouma's past.

Ritshiro said:
Omg that ending was so creepy!

DAMN! i'm suprised you noticed that.
that is damn creepy. so that's why she said "he is still beyond that window".
Feb 7, 2016 1:49 PM

Dec 2012
Nice to see Kyouma in action.
Ellie has a connection to Loser.
Mira is back and lol for Kyouma hitting her and getting a sore hand.
Seems like the maid was the one that switched the water at the hotel.
Well off to finding coils again.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Feb 7, 2016 2:19 PM

May 2015
Solid episode. Maybe went by a little fast, but still decent. It was hilarious how Kyouma hit Mira's head, but instead hurt his own hand, lmao. That ending though.

Feb 7, 2016 2:38 PM

May 2009
DarkZephyrus said:
The mangaka of the source material actually did think it out. Dimension W is explained in an infodump that happened around the middle of the current episode that was removed from the anime, and which will probably never show up in the anime, so it's really not much of a spoiler:

I think they will explain it later with because it's too important plot point to leave it. Probably near end of series.
Feb 7, 2016 3:04 PM

Dec 2015
Kyouma and Mira's interactions are really fun to watch. And we find out that Elizabeth is connected to Loser.
Kyouma's such a badass, can't wait to find out about his past.

Feb 7, 2016 3:09 PM

Sep 2015
DarkZephyrus said:
Acridine said:

Wow thank you, that was actually helpful.
I just hope they have the time to get all that into the series because as an anime onls, this is confusing as hell.
But unfortunately a lot of shows are too afraid to do these info dumps even if it benefits the story.
The Idea kinda reminds me of an old Marvel character (the Beyonder) that comes from outside the marvel-multiverse, which in itself is "like a small drop of ink on a empty sheet of paper".
I like these kinds of stories, especially when they actually come up with a reasonable explanation for these kinds of things, like the quantum physics part.
Feb 7, 2016 3:25 PM

Jan 2012
Hmmm well certainly a tragic, and somewhat convoluted, backstory behind the ghosts. I guess they found peace...sorta.
Feb 7, 2016 3:25 PM

Mar 2014
the animation quality dropped so fast
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dimension W Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 21, 2016

147 by Bestmilkcarton »»
Mar 24, 2023 2:42 PM

Poll: » Dimension W Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 10, 2016

290 by DangerMouseDM »»
Jan 6, 2023 7:27 PM

Poll: » Dimension W Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jan 31, 2016

154 by cheesehuffer »»
Nov 7, 2022 1:20 PM

» should i drop this

mydaddy - Mar 18, 2022

8 by rmcewen »»
Mar 19, 2022 8:10 PM

» Why The Rating?

VANSEDE - Apr 7, 2016

11 by Daninokuni »»
Jan 14, 2021 12:58 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.