Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Feb 5, 2016 6:24 PM

Oct 2008
Catalyze said:
Not very impressed with it.....sad panda. All I am going to remember is blood....and more blood....and when they decided for a building to explode, it sprayed blood everywhere. Sorry.....it was just a beat down blood fest.

so Production I.G was a bad idea? or it should have been a different studio for better adaptation? (of course since different people have different tastes)

Feb 5, 2016 6:51 PM

Feb 2010
The animation, character design and OST was very good.. happy to see this manhwa animated
but sadly 78 chapter become only 31 minutes is just.....
TragicRomance said:
Would prefer a slower pacing and a TV series.

Dota 2 Esports Stories are a fuckin Anime IRL Anime Sports

Feb 5, 2016 7:33 PM

Jun 2012
umashikaneko said:

Generally speaking,source materials of seasonal anime are either ''Disc sales'' friendly genre or popular enough.
These are very obscure(5~30K) but have gotten anime adaptation this season because they are anime fan(disc sales) friendly genre/medium.
Mahou Shoujo Nante Mou Ii Desukara vol1 7,999
Ooyasan wa Shishunki!vol8 15,225
Koukaku no Pandora vol7 14,855
Saijaku Muhai no Bahamut vol8 24,814
Hai to Gensou no Grimgar vol7 9670
Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo!vol 8 27,534

Yeah, so it's rather aimed at a specific audience, as always harem/ecchi genres fetch more sales following by moe and yuri... Those have probably solid fanbases to buy their discs or something. Nice info, I'll have to keep it in mind for reference.
Feb 5, 2016 7:34 PM

Oct 2015
Owari No Seraph get rekt in 30 minutes.
Feb 5, 2016 9:32 PM
Jan 2016
MendoxeD said:
I was disappointed.I was expecting something else.

Basically it's this Sebastian 2.0 main guy that doesn't seem to have a personality,and some other generic side characters that exist just as plot devices.
The only characters I partially cared about were those 2 who were supposedly some kind of experiments.
And it's needless to say it was rushed,I believe everyone is aware of that.

Maybe the source material is better and it's just an unfortunate adaptation.

Rai is nothing like Sebastian. Only thing they have in common is they're OP.
Feb 5, 2016 9:36 PM

Sep 2008
I never thought this manwha will ever get animated. It makes me so happy, it's the best anime among the current anime trash in this season.

ps. frankenstein is so gorgeous.

kataruFeb 5, 2016 9:40 PM
Live the life that you love, Love the life that you live...
We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make the world. - The Buddha
Feb 5, 2016 9:39 PM
Oct 2015
I had genuine fun watching this, it got hype by the end and it had IG polish. That ost was bangin and probably my favorite part of the show. I enjoy the humor of demon lord slapped in highschool/sol scenario, it kind of reminds of Devil is a part timer a little in that sense. Overall it was a cocktease though, would like to hope if it gets good sales in JP they will animate more but who knows. \_o_/
Feb 5, 2016 10:41 PM

Jun 2012
Pretty good, but it was paced pretty fast.
I hope more of it gets adapted, the webtoon only gets better!!!!

Also what is up with M-21's voice, way too high.
Feb 5, 2016 11:12 PM

Feb 2015
ok so i finally saw it due to retarded brothers waiting to see it until 2:30 AM last night so i looked at it today...-_-

ok so they rushed around 70 chapters BUT this is due to the fact that you had loads of time to understand rai and the characters more. that totally wouldn't have been possible in just a short so i'm cool with that. at least they didn't skip shark and his crew. i can't tell which is more annoying, jake or him. plus regis is my favorite character so i'm really glad we have a chance to see him.

the gore throughout, yeah guys, the manwha wasn't nearly as violent. i think they amped it up so that it could get more attention.

so basically they whole short was a basis of what it's about. which is actually pretty good planning now that i think about it. the first arc was about the introduction of what the authors had to offer and the second arc proves this by being even better than beforehand. yes it was rushed but the second arc is so much better so i don't really care if they get to show it.

so if i think about it, was the mispronunciation joke of rai's name, was the new things rai was learning about the future, was franky giving rai a cell phone important to the plot? nope. the fighting doesn't really begin until near the end, and that's just what the episode showed.

the only things i have iffiness with is the gore/violence and rai talking. it's kind of important to rai's character that he hardly talks.

and that animation of rai's blood-power...who else was so psyched to see that?!?!?!? that and kneel was my most hyped part to see in the show. it was done perfectly.

watched the whole thing with a sick fanboy smile on my face. i must have looked so stupid lol.
Feb 5, 2016 11:37 PM

Dec 2014
i watched it more for the hype tbh. i guess i have to check the manhwa now--
Feb 6, 2016 12:27 AM
Jul 2014
Is this opening a path for webtoon adaptions? I'm excited (((o(*゚▽゚*)o)))
Feb 6, 2016 12:27 AM

Mar 2015
This wasn't bad! The vampire theme seems to be so overused though since there are sooo many out there. I'll pick up the manhwa though and see how different this story can be from all the others out there.
Feb 6, 2016 1:52 AM

Nov 2015
I like it! Although I haven't read it before, but I think it's good. I hope they will make adaptation of God of highschool!
Feb 6, 2016 4:57 AM
Jan 2016
I Hope Noblesse Continue This OVA Or Making
Type Tv Series
Feb 6, 2016 5:33 AM
Jan 2016
Hmmm,....OK, just watched it, 3/5 i think :(
Feb 6, 2016 5:42 AM
Jul 2015
Did not know Kaname Clan and Sebastian Michaelis had a love child xD

"What if you're the only one who can see me?" - Misaki, Mei [Another]
Feb 6, 2016 6:54 AM

May 2012
Even though it was rushed, it was very good. I hope it get full TV series
Feb 6, 2016 7:44 AM

May 2012
*loses faith in anime*

another fucking school setting... another fucking op mc.... another load of fucking helpless humans to befriend him... more fucking one dimensional villains with no motivation... why the fuck do people like this?
Feb 6, 2016 8:39 AM

Apr 2013
I thought it was pretty cool. I dug the characters and the concept, the fights were cool too, albeit a little rushed. I'd really like to see this turned into a full TV anime, though I don't if the chances of that are any good, but if it ever happened I'd be there day 1.
Feb 6, 2016 8:42 AM

May 2015
frequency15k said:
*loses faith in anime*

another fucking school setting... another fucking op mc.... another load of fucking helpless humans to befriend him... more fucking one dimensional villains with no motivation... why the fuck do people like this?

Because it sells. You give it a simple setting, with action, and a shitload of people are going to demand for more.
Feb 6, 2016 10:36 AM

Feb 2015
KeyZero said:
It's the Manhwa's revolution! We need Noblesse and The Breaker anime adaptations!!!

next we need manhua (namely, hero you ling)!!!!

i think what everyone is psyched for is that noblesse paved the way for other authors in the 2nd generation of manwha, and if this gets success, that also means other manwha can have a chance. japan could publish other manwha and potentially adapt them as well, giving korea a whole chance it almost never has.

FieryFayte said:
frequency15k said:
*loses faith in anime*

Because it sells. You give it a simple setting, with action, and a shitload of people are going to demand for more.

let's hope that this works and it continues.

and his simple reply proves he knows literally 0 about this manwha. don't even bother. he's 100% wrong.
Feb 6, 2016 11:34 AM

Jan 2015
I'm being biased but I LOVE NOBLESSE It's my favourite manga series. Hahah M-21 still being a villain Love it !
Feb 6, 2016 1:02 PM

Feb 2015
I was actually surprised at how much I liked it! v(=∩_∩=)フ
Feb 6, 2016 1:34 PM

Oct 2014
Mmmm those sounds! (~ ♥◡♥)~♫♬
Feb 6, 2016 1:59 PM
Jul 2018
Interesting OVA! Is this supposed to be a preview for a tv series? I sure hope so because this looks promissing and I feel the story has potential to become so much more. I'm sad Mary died. Such a beautiful character. Frakenstein, Mary and Shinwoo are my favourites. His is name really Shinwoo? I thought I heard Toshiro everytime.
Feb 6, 2016 2:18 PM

Jan 2011
Ya that was pretty damn great
Feb 6, 2016 3:54 PM

Feb 2015
Juhnny said:
Interesting OVA! Is this supposed to be a preview for a tv series?

that's what we're all hoping. fingers, tongue, and toes crossed.
Feb 6, 2016 4:51 PM
Jul 2018
TomDay said:
[that's what we're all hoping. fingers, tongue, and toes crossed.

I'll even light some candles if I need to. xD
Feb 6, 2016 6:16 PM

Sep 2015
Found this to be pretty decent. Did its job in getting me interested in a full season, if they decide to produce one.
Defeating a sandwich, only makes it tastier
Feb 6, 2016 7:26 PM

Oct 2011
I WANT MORE !!!!! OMG T__T
Feb 6, 2016 7:32 PM

Jan 2015
Juhnny said:
Interesting OVA! Is this supposed to be a preview for a tv series? I sure hope so because this looks promissing and I feel the story has potential to become so much more. I'm sad Mary died. Such a beautiful character. Frakenstein, Mary and Shinwoo are my favourites. His is name really Shinwoo? I thought I heard Toshiro everytime.

His name is Shinwoo in the Manwha but for this Japanese OVA not Korean his name is Tõshiro. (It's adapted from a super great Korean Manwha.)
Feb 6, 2016 7:33 PM

Jan 2013
It was pretty decent, considering the coverage amount and the rush. This will be the perfect advertisement for Nippon audience. Maybe, we will be able to witness a full adaptation. (Being optimistic is always nice.)
Feb 6, 2016 7:36 PM

Jan 2015
Wyhern said:
It was pretty decent, considering the coverage amount and the rush. This will be the perfect advertisement for Nippon audience. Maybe, we will be able to witness a full adaptation. (Being optimistic is always nice.)

You are not the only one who's optimistic. Seeing a Korean Webtoons Manwha being adapted even in an OVA is opening ways for other Manwha's.
Feb 6, 2016 9:02 PM
Nov 2015
Im considering this episode as a one shot in manga world.
We got a feel for the characters, setting & genre of the series. I havent read the manhwa for this, so my opinion is more open to it as many here feel that too much was changed.
I liked the Hellsing-U similarity of how they tried animating it which I appreciated alot, i felt generous on my score giving it a 9/10 & i think il keep it that way.
Feb 6, 2016 9:04 PM

Feb 2015
SillySempai said:
Im considering this episode as a one shot in manga world.
We got a feel for the characters, setting & genre of the series. I havent read the manhwa for this, so my opinion is more open to it as many here feel that too much was changed.
I liked the Hellsing-U similarity of how they tried animating it which I appreciated alot, i felt generous on my score giving it a 9/10 & i think il keep it that way.

i'm sorry but hold on a sec...how is hellsing even close to noblesse in comparisons????
Feb 6, 2016 9:24 PM

Feb 2015
Arcturus9001 said:
Setting change was awkward, and the fact they did a whole 75 chapters in one episode obviously lends to serious issues, but all in all they handled it pretty well for an abbreviated highlights reel of such a large amount of material in only 30 minutes of animation. Animation was pretty good quality too. Not a big fan of the changes but its to be expected, with a series that has such a slow start they kinda need to accelerate the beginning or there'd be zero interest in it. Overall I'm quite impressed with how they handled it, despite disappointment in cutting out some of the cooler moments (as well as not doing anything to lead into a part two).

And if this leads into more, ESPECIALLY A BREAKER OR VERITAS ANIME, MY LIFE IS SET.

All in all despite the obvious flaws of it being rushed its far more coherent than it could have been, they picked the right parts to keep and cut given the time they needed to adhere to. It changes the story a bit but overall you get the gist of it successfully so I'd say they did their job quite well and overall I want more but for what it was, I'm quite satisfied.

this is what i'm proposing though. they rushed the 70+ chapters into one episode, now everyone knows at least an aspect of what the show has to offer. so instead of using up 2-5 episodes of introduction, they can jump right into business without confusion. yes it was disappointing not to see it all but still the second arc has something much better to offer (namely mah boy regis).

also TOG and witch hunt needs to be done. pronto.
Feb 7, 2016 2:30 AM

Apr 2014
-cygnus- said:
Did not know Kaname Clan and Sebastian Michaelis had a love child xD

Exactly what I thought when I first saw Rei! Damn
When I'm fucked up that's the real me
Feb 7, 2016 3:33 AM
Lewd Depresso

Jul 2008
reminded of True Blood X Black Butler

Needs whole series.
Feb 7, 2016 7:24 AM
Jul 2018
Madara22 said:
Juhnny said:

His name is Shinwoo in the Manwha but for this Japanese OVA not Korean his name is Tõshiro. (It's adapted from a super great Korean Manwha.)

Thank you! It was confusing to me.
Feb 7, 2016 8:00 AM

Nov 2014
frequency15k said:
*loses faith in anime*

I recommend you read the manhwa and then you'll know the reasons for the school setting and human friends, as well as more about villains' motivation and MC's powers. Good luck.
I am a kawaii potato.~
Feb 7, 2016 8:08 AM

Jun 2009
Well, that was a let down.
I've heard a few times how awesome the manhwa is, but never read it.
Nonetheless I decided to watch the ova, to see what the hype is about.

As for this ova, the graphics were amazing! Great job on that part, Production I.G.
I know it was only 30 minutes long, so there wasn't much of character development, but I'm still going to complain that characters were... whatever. Didn't hate them, didn't really like them.
It was boring. The only scenes I liked were the one with a photo and "I'm lost, please help" and the one with that dude being forced to kneel and that only then he can look Rai in the eyes.

I suppose it was an advertisement for the manhwa (well, still not gonna read it, though). But yeah, it would be A LOT better if they made a full TV series.
I like pancakes.
Feb 7, 2016 10:04 AM

May 2012
adela-dulindwen said:
frequency15k said:
*loses faith in anime*

I recommend you read the manhwa and then you'll know the reasons for the school setting and human friends, as well as more about villains' motivation and MC's powers. Good luck.

no thanks lol, theres stuff thats actually good, and not generic as fuck that i still need to read
Feb 7, 2016 11:16 AM
Jan 2016
frequency15k said:
*loses faith in anime*

Have you even read the manhwa?
Feb 7, 2016 12:20 PM

May 2012
Laugasts said:
frequency15k said:
*loses faith in anime*

Have you even read the manhwa?

nope and i aint gonna, this bit here was enough for me to know it is shit
Feb 7, 2016 12:31 PM

Jan 2013
frequency15k said:

Dude, this ONA is a survey; on whether they should give the green-light to an adaptation or not. The amount of coverage was 78 chapters. 78 chapters have been condensed into an "advertisement" which lasts for 31 minutes. Of course, it would be rushed. Although, they did a pretty good job considering these facts.

Plus, villains are not one dimensional in this manhwa; the school setting is for the entry part. Then the plotline will be on a wider epic scale. [1080p] Noblesse - Beginning of the destruction [OVA] You can check this in order to comprehend what i am saying. This one is hinting the future developments of this artwork.
EcthelionFeb 7, 2016 1:58 PM
Feb 7, 2016 1:42 PM

Feb 2015
it really hurts my feelings that people compare sebastian even in the slightest to the great and holy rai...:(
Feb 7, 2016 1:56 PM

May 2012
Wyhern said:
frequency15k said:

Dude, this ONA is a survey; on whether they should give the green-light to an adaptation or not. The amount of coverage was 78 chapters. 78 chapters have been condensed into an "advertisement" which lasts for 31 minutes. Of course, it would be rushed. Although, they did a pretty good job considering these facts.

Plus, villains are not one dimensional in this manhwa; the school setting is for the entry part. Then the plotline will be on a much epic scale. [1080p] Noblesse - Beginning of the destruction [OVA] You can check this in order to comprehend what i am saying. This one is hinting the future developments of this artwork.

well this ona did a shit job of showcasing anything good in this manga, all this is coming off as is fanservice to those who already like it... and if you have to seek outside sources for a show to be good... its not good lol, and lets be honest here, there was no hinting at anything lmao, there was a fujoshi bait vampire dude, hes overpowered, he saved some retarded kids... yep masterpiece right there 10/10 fo sho
Feb 7, 2016 2:16 PM

Jan 2013
If you start to read the manhwa itself; then you will see the fine detailed character exposition throughout the series. I believe this OVA served its purpose. We will see whether Japanese gals are going to be hooked or not in the future.

About hinting issue:
Feb 7, 2016 4:52 PM
Feb 2016
It was Pretty good actually! Only thing I'm completely confused about is the fact that the infected died right there and then.
Feb 7, 2016 7:18 PM
Mar 2011
From what I read it will be 10 episodes. It might not be good since going. Off of this the whole thing might be a bit too rushed.
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-02-04/production-i.g-makes-anime-of-korean-vampire-comic-noblesse/.98325
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Which one should be watched first ?

AngelShiva - Feb 7, 2016

16 by Jonny_Rooke »»
Sep 29, 2020 4:14 AM

» Next when?

valoon - Feb 16, 2016

4 by Jimmyowns2 »»
Mar 19, 2016 2:24 PM

» Noblesse animated short

Marrone - Feb 4, 2016

14 by Tyrel »»
Feb 4, 2016 4:25 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.