Forum Settings
Forums

Manga 'Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu' to End

New
Feb 5, 2016 3:16 PM

Nov 2011
It was revealed that josei manga Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu will end after its tenth volume, to be released in the summer. The announcement was made in its ninth volume, which was released on February 5.

Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu is drawn by Haruko Kumota and began serialization in Itan. In 2013, the manga won the excellence category for Japan's 17th Media Arts Festival Awards, and it also won the general award category at the 38th Kodansha Manga Awards in 2014.

The manga received two OVAs in March and August 2015, which were bundled with volume seven and eight, respectively. In Winter 2016, the series received a TV anime adaptation by Studio Deen, which is currently on-going. The anime is being simulcast by Crunchyroll.

Source: ANN
Sakana-sanFeb 6, 2016 6:00 AM
Feb 5, 2016 3:44 PM

Nov 2007
Hover to read: */Yotarou Jr. with Yotarou and Kokonatsu./*
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Feb 5, 2016 3:45 PM

Jan 2008
LOL

That photo is such a huge spoiler. But oh well, it's not like the manga has an english version or the anime is going to show all 8 volumes.
Feb 5, 2016 3:56 PM

Apr 2014
trinitytiger said:
That photo is such a huge spoiler
I thought the same , ha !

So how will it go with the anime adaptation ? Another season ? A "cutted" ending ?
I'm not familiar with those sort or anime adaptation of a still going manga : how does it go usually ?

I wish I would have been able to read the manga but well..
Feb 5, 2016 4:09 PM

Dec 2014
I really hope the anime covers all of it. It's been absolutely stellar so far and it's a shame it's receiving such little attention.
Feb 5, 2016 4:12 PM

Aug 2012
Well fuck that volume cover, holy hell..

This could be a good thing though, we were probably getting an anime original end anyway. Maybe a movie to finish it if it sells at least a little well. Interesting that this is in the same boat with the other top show this season.
Feb 5, 2016 4:20 PM

Aug 2010
Well thanks MAL for spoiling the best show airing. Might wanna change that picture.
Feb 5, 2016 4:28 PM

Jun 2013
omg, the cover...
Feb 5, 2016 4:39 PM

Feb 2013
ovoon7 said:
Well thanks MAL for spoiling the best show airing. Might wanna change that picture.

Yeah no kidding ;_; Oh well that's not gonna stop me enjoying the show, but it would be nice if a bit more thought could be put into these posts so we don't have massive spoilers on the front page!
Feb 5, 2016 4:40 PM

Jul 2013
Hopefully, it'll have the manga's ending.
Demi Valentine

Follow me on social media!

Facebook | Instagram | Twitter
Feb 5, 2016 4:46 PM

Dec 2010
I hope there will be a second season or something that covers the end of the manga. Hopefully the BDs/DVDs sales will be good, but... And anyway, this anime really deserves more attention.
For now I'll keep on searching for raws.
Feb 5, 2016 5:13 PM

Oct 2012
That cover photo.. I wanna read it even more.
Hope the anime will cover everything. If not, another OVA or movie would be great.
Feb 5, 2016 5:39 PM

Jul 2014
Could someone please, please change that cover picture? it just spoiled the entire anime, it took all the hype away

Feb 5, 2016 6:19 PM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
Oh c'mon, MAL. That spoiler cover is too much, but fine whatever.
I'm considering reading the manga though because wow the anime is great.

Enjoy your anime! | Witch Cafe Wisteria
Feb 5, 2016 6:34 PM

Jan 2011
Well glad I only glanced at that picture with everyone saying it's a spoiler.
Feb 5, 2016 6:36 PM

Sep 2011
ReaperCreeper said:
heh same here, i think i so yotaro and that was about it, anyhow hope there is a second seaosn cause this show has been one of the most delightful shows ive watched ongoing.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Feb 5, 2016 6:37 PM

Nov 2007
Update: The image in the post has been changed to prevent from "spoiler", though I didn't even think it was a spoiler when I first saw it (the preview image is small, but does it matter if I don't change it? It's still the latest volume that news has announced, so I personally think it's still important).
tsubasaloverFeb 6, 2016 7:43 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Feb 5, 2016 6:56 PM

Jun 2008
ReaperCreeper said:

if it hadn't been for everyone saying it was a spoiler, I wouldn't have payed any attention to the picture. But it was a good spoiler so I'm not too upset.
Feb 5, 2016 7:02 PM

Nov 2007
tsubasalover said:
Update: The image in the post has been changed to prevent from "spoiler".

Thanks for changing it. At least those who haven't checked the news yet won't be spoiled. :)

I was very disappointed when I got majorly spoiled with another manga (and my favourite one at it) due to the final volume cover posted a few months back in another news thread. I hope MAL News team members discuss within the team to set a rule within the team so that they avoid posting such covers, particularly the spoilerish ones like the previous one in this thread.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Feb 6, 2016 3:22 AM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
tsubasalover said:
Update: The image in the post has been changed to prevent from "spoiler", though I didn't even think it was a spoiler when I first saw it (the preview image is small, but does it matter if I don't change it? It's still the latest volume that news has announced, so I personally think it's still important).
The change is really appreciated (even though we can't unsee)! I totally understand what you mean, and honestly if we didn't want to get spoiled, we probably should have been more careful of where we clicked. I did get to this thread in a way that didn't show the entire title and didn't show a preview picture at all though (forum index).;; I didn't really know what to expect.

The change is appreciated anyway! I'll just be more careful checking the news.

Enjoy your anime! | Witch Cafe Wisteria
Feb 6, 2016 3:22 AM
May 2012
trinitytiger said:
LOL

That photo is such a huge spoiler. But oh well, it's not like the manga has an english version or the anime is going to show all 8 volumes.

What? Are they gay for each other?
Feb 6, 2016 4:02 AM

Jan 2013
Wohooo so we get another complete adaptation. Much appreciated!
Feb 6, 2016 4:53 AM

Jul 2009
Even with a small version of the picture it sure was a big spoiler!
Feb 6, 2016 5:33 AM

Dec 2014
The two greatest series of the season are ending. :(
Feb 6, 2016 6:08 AM

Apr 2011
LOL the first comments about the spoiler volume cover. I know which pic it is but it's better they changed it even though it's not the spoiler people think it is but I won't say more...

With this and how the anime is doing so far, we will either have a S2 because flashback will take 3-4 more episodes or anime original ending. There is no way to fit 8 volumes of content in 7 episodes and we are still in the middle of the flashback.

I hope this would mean a group will pick the translation but I doubt it. It's not popular enough even though the reviews for the anime are great.
Feb 6, 2016 6:16 AM

Jan 2015
Lol I guess the pic was changed? Everyone was saying it's a spoiler even though I couldn't see anything of the sort. Lucky I didn't check the news straight away :P

Best anime this season, hope it gets another adaptation to cover the whole manga.

Feb 6, 2016 6:58 AM

Oct 2014
since its ending on 10 volumes, im wondering if the anime is going to adapt the whole of the manga
Feb 6, 2016 9:55 AM

Jan 2015
Hopefully I wasn't spoiled, since I didn't want to look at the cover at first.
Feb 6, 2016 11:18 AM

May 2015
Hmmm I wonder if they are going to cover the whole manga in the current adaptation of if there will be a second cour later this year. That would be great :)
Feb 6, 2016 1:11 PM

Sep 2012
yuyyuka said:
LOL the first comments about the spoiler volume cover. I know which pic it is but it's better they changed it even though it's not the spoiler people think it is but I won't say more...

With this and how the anime is doing so far, we will either have a S2 because flashback will take 3-4 more episodes or anime original ending. There is no way to fit 8 volumes of content in 7 episodes and we are still in the middle of the flashback.

I hope this would mean a group will pick the translation but I doubt it. It's not popular enough even though the reviews for the anime are great.

Do you mind PM'ing me/posting the link of the cover they used on my profile please? I like spoilers.
Feb 6, 2016 2:23 PM

Jan 2008
yuyyuka said:

I came across of a few images from vols 6-9 on the Kodansha website, so going by those I think anime will probably end right after the flashback arc and leave it open for a possible second season focusing on Yatorou's journey/rise in Rakugo.

I do hope there's a second season that follows the later volumes because my interest has been seriously piqued by this show and I doubt the manga will get an official or even unofficial english version, so all I have left is the anime, lol.
Feb 6, 2016 2:32 PM

Apr 2011
trinitytiger said:

I came across of a few images from vols 6-9 on the Kodansha website, so going by those I think anime will probably end right after the flashback arc and leave it open for a possible second season focusing on Yatorou's journey/rise in Rakugo.

I do hope there's a second season that follows the later volumes because my interest has been seriously piqued by this show and I doubt the manga will get an official or even unofficial english version, so all I have left is the anime, lol.

Yes, I think anime will end at the end of volume 5 or start of 6. I hope we get a S2 because a lot of 'interesting' things are happening there and of course Yotaru with Konatsu appear again.

That's sad. I wish it could get a translation somehow. (I can only pray)
Feb 6, 2016 4:49 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Good that i didn't get spoiled. :D
Feb 7, 2016 12:53 PM

Sep 2014
Well this sucks...I'm really enjoying the anime so far
Feb 7, 2016 2:16 PM

Feb 2009
I'm so glad. I hope there will be 2nd season and the story will be finished in the anime version.
Feb 7, 2016 7:55 PM

Jul 2012
I'm glad I was late to the spoiler party. I guess I can thank work for something haha.
Feb 8, 2016 10:13 PM

Apr 2011
Can some one post spoiler picture with spoiler tag?
~♥~ Otaku + Otaku - Otaku = Otaku ~♥~

More topics from this board

» 'Black★★Rock Shooter: Dawn Fall' Reveals Additional Cast, First Promo

DatRandomDude - Feb 11, 2022

11 by nisafitri »»
3 hours ago

» Original Anime Movie 'A New Dawn' Announced for 2025

DatRandomDude - Apr 23

5 by dimidrum »»
Yesterday, 3:41 PM

» 'Mahoutsukai no Yakusoku' Announces Production Staff, Cast

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

4 by Memore »»
Yesterday, 1:40 PM

» 'Maougun Saikyou no Majutsushi wa Ningen datta' Announces Supporting Cast

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

0 by Hyperion_PS »»
Yesterday, 12:19 PM

» 'Suki demo Kirai na Amanojaku' Reveals Additional Cast, Trailer

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

1 by RobertBobert »»
Yesterday, 11:45 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.