Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Feb 4, 2016 8:39 PM

Dec 2012
KYAAAAA!!! Fangal air kicks and screaming!! That was such a good OVA!! Now Korean ahjussi-deul and our Japanese animator gods please sit down and make that 100 episode full time anime happen!!!!
hahaha Naru, also how I felt when I learned how to read all my Kana. Barakamon is everything!!:'D

Feb 4, 2016 9:30 PM
Feb 2016
In the opening, there was this scene where they featured most of the characters. I saw Regis, Tao, Saera and AHHHHHH. This OVA was certainly an eye-opener but it was indeed rushed. I wished they included more of Frankie's sense of humor and those black eyes they give.
Feb 4, 2016 10:02 PM

Jan 2008
Was pretty nice. Would have liked to see a full series of it fleshed out though. This felt like only episode one of a long series.
Feb 4, 2016 10:11 PM
Sep 2013
Snaita said:
MistyBlue said:

Well Manhwas are Korean works so Japanese studios would naturally adapt their mangas first if there's something interesting. This is the first step to adapting manhwas, so I think we'll be seeing more of these in the future.

Don't know... Shing Angyo Onshi is what it is and only got a shitty movie and was never heard off again. Sun Ken Rock is practically a Manhwa, it's already ending and never got any kind of adaptation. This Manhaws OVA's and films are all animated by Japanese studios and they still haven't made a tv series till date. Like you said Manwhas are Korean so their publishers don't have the kind of money that Japan has to adapt manga, hope with this one it creates more impact and boosts their sales.

Shin Angyo Onshi and Sun Ken Rock were 100k shipments class which is rather rare to get TV anime adaptation unless it is LN/Moe/ecchi/SoL/BL these are exception even 10k-50k per volume is enough because these can expect DVD/BD sales.

For example,Taking this season as example,Ajin/Erased were 300k~450k per volume shipments class when they are adapted.
Feb 4, 2016 11:28 PM

Jan 2010
Too bad they didn't animate the first ova like this
Feb 5, 2016 1:11 AM

Mar 2013
Inugirlz said:
I'm just so happy this happened. Like yes. Make more please. I beg of thee.

AntonKutovoi said:
Looks like setting is moved into Japan in this. I don't think names would be a problem (there wasnt' any problem with Akatsuk no Yona, after all). Not really happy about this, to be honest. But, as one comic strip said: "Eat your hamburgers, Apollo".

Why do you think they moved the setting to Japan? Literally everything (including Frankie's house) looks like it's still Korea. It's just voiced in Japanese (a bonus imo :P)

Names are Japanese now. So unless they just randomly turned into a transfer students from Japan...
Feb 5, 2016 1:58 AM

Aug 2012
TomDay said:
AvihayAnimes said:
I have to read the manga to watch that shit?

*manwha
---------
it's on the internet now so there's no need to ask. anyway i haven't seen i yet but i definitely intend to watch it tonight.

to the people watching this for the first time: BE PREPARED. SEVERE AWESOMENESS IS COMING TO THE INTERNET IN NO FORM LIKE BEFORE.

if that doesn't convince you, just remember that the minds of kuroko no basket, psycho pass, ghost in the shell and samurai champloo are on this. there's like no way they can mess this up. expect a S2. just do it. as a matter of fact, expect a season 37. and up.

and if that still doesn't convince you, also remember that noblesse has collected over 2 billion page views because of it's magnetizing aura of awesomeness.

I don't give a shit what is that

Do I have to read the manga to watch this any1?
Feb 5, 2016 3:32 AM

Dec 2015
Really solid awesome OVA. Hope it gets all of it's chapters animated.
Korean & Japanese producers should work together.
Feb 5, 2016 3:33 AM

Jul 2014
Tower of God adaptation when?

+1 to Production I.G though for even having the thought of adapting a manwha, let alone actually adapting it.
"Hi!"
Feb 5, 2016 3:37 AM

Dec 2015
AvihayAnimes said:
TomDay said:

*manwha
---------
it's on the internet now so there's no need to ask. anyway i haven't seen i yet but i definitely intend to watch it tonight.

to the people watching this for the first time: BE PREPARED. SEVERE AWESOMENESS IS COMING TO THE INTERNET IN NO FORM LIKE BEFORE.

if that doesn't convince you, just remember that the minds of kuroko no basket, psycho pass, ghost in the shell and samurai champloo are on this. there's like no way they can mess this up. expect a S2. just do it. as a matter of fact, expect a season 37. and up.

and if that still doesn't convince you, also remember that noblesse has collected over 2 billion page views because of it's magnetizing aura of awesomeness.

Ahem, it's "Manhwa" not "Manga". Secondly, you can watch this but you won't understand anything, so if you wanna understand, go read the Manhwa.
Feb 5, 2016 3:39 AM

Jul 2013
fucking beautiful. this is well worth the webtoon being on hiatus.

╮ (. ❛ ᴗ ❛.) ╭

Feb 5, 2016 3:39 AM

Aug 2012
Masum_Beast said:
AvihayAnimes said:

Ahem, it's "Manhwa" not "Manga". Secondly, you can watch this but you won't understand anything, so if you wanna understand, go read the Manhwa.

"I don't give a shit what is that"
Feb 5, 2016 3:41 AM

Dec 2015
AvihayAnimes said:
Masum_Beast said:

Then, sorry for disturbing you sir.
Feb 5, 2016 3:59 AM

Jun 2012
umashikaneko said:
Snaita said:

Don't know... Shing Angyo Onshi is what it is and only got a shitty movie and was never heard off again. Sun Ken Rock is practically a Manhwa, it's already ending and never got any kind of adaptation. This Manhaws OVA's and films are all animated by Japanese studios and they still haven't made a tv series till date. Like you said Manwhas are Korean so their publishers don't have the kind of money that Japan has to adapt manga, hope with this one it creates more impact and boosts their sales.

Shin Angyo Onshi and Sun Ken Rock were 100k shipments class which is rather rare to get TV anime adaptation unless it is LN/Moe/ecchi/SoL/BL these are exception even 10k-50k per volume is enough because these can expect DVD/BD sales.

That's what I'm talking about, now matter how good a Manhwa is, it still never had a decent TV series, they don't profit has much as manga. Probably because of that Korean publishers still don't have the cash to hire a Japanese studio to do so, or simply don't want to risk.
Feb 5, 2016 4:44 AM

Aug 2015
Wake me up when we get a full high quality Kubera production. Or at least ToG. OVA was neither bad nor really good. The names really felt a bit weird. But I guess it's still pretty cool to even get an adaption.
Feb 5, 2016 4:50 AM

Dec 2011
really glad that they did it.. this is the first time that i have seen a manhwa being made into anime.. i think this broke that border that manhwa and anime never go together.. i sincerely hope that either production I.G. or any other company picks some manhwa project and give it a proper adaptation.. that would be awesome.. but that requires too much risk and too much money.. because it will be a project between two countries..

anyhow i'm really glad this was made.. it is understanding to rush it since it's an ova but changing the names is stupid..
Feb 5, 2016 5:05 AM

Aug 2015
I have never read the original source of it. So I can't say this animation is loyal to the material or not. But as an outsider to the concept ( Korean Manga Manhwa ) I really liked the anime. Fighting scenes were pretty decent and story seemed well and open to the progress.

I would like to see more :)
(Design of the characters are really beautiful )
Feb 5, 2016 5:30 AM

Sep 2013
Production I.G thank you ;;;; The fact that a webtoon was even animated is awesome! Rai is so beautiful. His seiyuu, Shingaki Tarusuke, gave him justice. If only it wasn't an OVA qwq
Feb 5, 2016 5:34 AM

Jan 2013
i hope to see DICE animated some day :)

also why are manhwas denied from myanimelist ?
Feb 5, 2016 5:37 AM
Sep 2013
Snaita said:

That's what I'm talking about, now matter how good a Manhwa is, it still never had a decent TV series, they don't profit has much as manga. Probably because of that Korean publishers still don't have the cash to hire a Japanese studio to do so, or simply don't want to risk.

I have gotten impression you don't know they are just Japanese manga (shin angyo onshi are serialized in both Japan and Korea at the same time )published on Japanese magazine and the numbers are shipment are in Japan just like No game no life is Japanese LN and gotten anime adaptation or souten kouro is Japanese manga and gotten anime adaptation even if authors have foreign nationality.
umashikanekoFeb 5, 2016 6:05 AM
Feb 5, 2016 5:43 AM
May 2012
Damn, that was fucking awesome!
Animation and music is good.
I can't always wait for the Manhwa to finish, right? I hope more Manhwa gets an adaption now.
Feb 5, 2016 6:07 AM

Dec 2013
What in the world was this...
Feb 5, 2016 6:08 AM

Jan 2013
Found it funny that they used the Korean names in the subs when the dub went "No Takashi!" and such. It's like they didn't want to offend the Manhwa purists? Subs should've just been what voice actors actually said. That's the point of subtitles right.

Anyway the ova was ok. Not a particularly fresh concept but it was fine especially for its length. Kept me interested for the whole runtime.
Would watch more of.
Feb 5, 2016 6:30 AM
Jul 2015
A bit too rushed compared to the manhwa. Also, Rai and Frankenstein were drawn better in the manhwa.

But over all it was good
Feb 5, 2016 6:37 AM

Jun 2012
umashikaneko said:
Snaita said:

I have gotten impression you don't know they are just Japanese manga (shin angyo onshi are serialized in both Japan and Korea at the same time )published on Japanese magazine and the numbers are shipment are in Japan just like No game no life is Japanese LN and gotten anime adaptation or souten kouro is Japanese manga and gotten anime adaptation even if authors have foreign nationality.

Wait, wait, I know that Sun-Ken is a manga I was just saying before that it looked like an Manhwa and because of that it may have not been as popular as other manga. Shin Angyo Onshi it started serialization in Korea so technically it's both a Manhwa and Manga, cause it looks too more to an Manhwa than a manga I think it hasn't got the popularity it deserves and the shitty movie didn't help giving it a good image.
It just gives me the feeling that anything that looks remotely as Manhwa raises a flag and automatically doesn't get a tv series or big sales.
SnaitaFeb 5, 2016 6:48 AM
Feb 5, 2016 6:40 AM

May 2014
I was disappointed.I was expecting something else.

Basically it's this Sebastian 2.0 main guy that doesn't seem to have a personality,and some other generic side characters that exist just as plot devices.
The only characters I partially cared about were those 2 who were supposedly some kind of experiments.
And it's needless to say it was rushed,I believe everyone is aware of that.

Maybe the source material is better and it's just an unfortunate adaptation.
Feb 5, 2016 6:48 AM
Sep 2013
Snaita said:

Wait, wait, I know that Sun-Ken is a manga I was just saying before that it looked like an Manhwa and because of that it may have not been as popular as other manga. Shin Angyo Onshi it started serialization in Korea so technically it's both a Manhwa and Manga, cause it looks too more to an Manhwa than a manga I think it hasn't got the popularity it deserves and the movie didn't help giving it a good image.

Ok,it is fine then.
I was talking about 100k as popularity in Japan by Japanese publisher so that is why I compared Ajin or Erased.
Feb 5, 2016 8:12 AM

Jun 2012
umashikaneko said:

I was talking about 100k as popularity in Japan by Japanese publisher so that is why I compared Ajin or Erased.

I didn't know that LN/Moe/ecchi/SoL/BL only needed less sales(10-50K) I always assume they had outstanding sales and were adapt because of that, with the exception of LN is it because /Moe/ecchi/SoL/BL is targeted to a specific audience? Or is there another factor too?
Feb 5, 2016 8:40 AM

Jul 2009
AntonKutovoi said:
Inugirlz said:
I'm just so happy this happened. Like yes. Make more please. I beg of thee.

Why do you think they moved the setting to Japan? Literally everything (including Frankie's house) looks like it's still Korea. It's just voiced in Japanese (a bonus imo :P)

Names are Japanese now. So unless they just randomly turned into a transfer students from Japan...

Ah you're right. The voice says Tashiro instead of Shinwu but the subtitles kept the old names so I didn't noticed immediately. Weird, the school's name is the same (as well as the foreign ones. Marie, Jake, Rai, Franky)
Feb 5, 2016 8:42 AM

Nov 2011
Its the vampire version of One Punch Man, I am not even kidding. He doesn't throw a punch though.

Saitama still one punch him.
Kaiser-chanFeb 5, 2016 8:47 AM

Feb 5, 2016 9:23 AM

Sep 2013
LOL people are saying this has better animation than one punchman XD the bias is real.

It was okay, that coffin being fished out is so JJBA :)
Rai and Frankenstein are cool, the villains are MEH and the kids are whatever.

Manwha rarely get adapted cause the Korean market isn't strong enough to make a profit.
And Japan won't adapt them because the publishers won't get any money since they don't own the I.P.
Feb 5, 2016 9:25 AM

Dec 2013
Love the fact that Manhwa's are getting some love.
Started reading this comic when the first chapter came out, and even though I went on a hiatus of a year or so, it still remains my favorite of all the Korean comics I've read thus far (along with Girls of the Wild's, never fails to crack me up).
HESTIAAPPROVES
Feb 5, 2016 10:11 AM

Jan 2016
That was AWESOME.... I would love a full anime on this
Onei
Feb 5, 2016 11:08 AM

May 2014
It peeves me how everyone's telling the people who haven't read it that "you'll understand nothing". You don't have to? It's not loaded down with exposition, you won't come away with all the secrets of the story, but the hints are there for the stuff they introduce, and you definitely won't be sat there in total confusion. Quit chasing away newcomers, when you can totally get into/start this series with this OVA.
But both sides should remember that it's essentially a trailer for the source material, or, ideally an upcoming anime series. The purpose is to get you hooked, interested, excited. Do not expect to have everything (or anything important, really) concluded within these 30 minutes, lol.

Anyway, as a hype train I thought it was great. Definitely rushed, but if there is a series coming, then no one's to say they have to pick up where the OVA left off.

Whatever, I liked it. c:
Feb 5, 2016 11:50 AM

Mar 2013
ichii_1 said:
And Japan won't adapt them because the publishers won't get any money since they don't own the I.P.

Why make the OVA then? Could be they just want to see how the audiences will react to see if it's profitable to adapt. Even if Japan doesn't own the IP, they'll still get a good chunk of the profits since they're adapting it... is what I'm guessing.
Feb 5, 2016 11:58 AM

Jun 2013
This was so rushed, but I think I might start the web comic some day.
Feb 5, 2016 12:15 PM

Mar 2012
This was rushed. Many things were left unexplained, making the series seem flat. Nevertheless, I enjoyed it because I got to see Rai animated.

MendoxeD said:

Basically it's this Sebastian 2.0 main guy that doesn't seem to have a personality,and some other generic side characters that exist just as plot devices.
The only characters I partially cared about were those 2 who were supposedly some kind of experiments.

Please don’t compare Rai to Sebastian. Rai is compassionate and pure-hearted, which may be hard to believe from what was shown in the OVA.

The normal high school students do act as plot devices, but that's not the case for other characters such as Frankenstein and M-21.
Feb 5, 2016 12:25 PM

Sep 2013
SalemWitch said:
ichii_1 said:

Why make the OVA then? Could be they just want to see how the audiences will react to see if it's profitable to adapt. Even if Japan doesn't own the IP, they'll still get a good chunk of the profits since they're adapting it... is what I'm guessing.

Yeah but the korean publishers will need to pay a studio to make it and I don't think they have that much money to risk it.
Feb 5, 2016 12:35 PM

Dec 2011
It's the Manhwa's revolution! We need Noblesse and The Breaker anime adaptations!!!
Feb 5, 2016 1:15 PM

Mar 2013
ichii_1 said:
SalemWitch said:

Yeah but the korean publishers will need to pay a studio to make it and I don't think they have that much money to risk it.

True, but since Korea owns the IP that's just loss that will be covered by profit... IF they make an anime and IF it's a success lol. One thing I'm sure of though is that they do have enough money, the question is whether they'll take that risk.
Feb 5, 2016 3:14 PM

Oct 2015
I LOVED the animation a story! Even though I'm kinda confused about the story(haven't read the manga which I plan to xD) it seems very interesting though, it sucks it's only an ONA and not a series ;c
Btw didn't Rai look like a mix between Sebastian from Black Butler and Kaname from Vampire Knight lol
Feb 5, 2016 3:33 PM

Feb 2015
AvihayAnimes said:

since no-one is answering him...-_-

it's really an "if you feel like it" manwha. the "show" only has one episode, which i guess is only probably a marketing strategy to see who loves it and who doesn't, so you don't need to "catch up" unless you see another green light.

Aurali said:
This was rushed. Many things were left unexplained, making the series seem flat. Nevertheless, I enjoyed it because I got to see Rai animated.

MendoxeD said:

Please don’t compare Rai to Sebastian. Rai is compassionate and pure-hearted, which may be hard to believe from what was shown in the OVA.

The normal high school students do act as plot devices, but that's not the case for other characters such as Frankenstein and M-21.

THANK YOU SO MUCH. i was about to say that. rai is absolutely nothing like sebastian. rai, at his core, is a very complex and gentle character. the most out of all of them, in fact.

ichii_1 said:
LOL people are saying this has better animation than one punchman XD the bias is real.

It was okay, that coffin being fished out is so JJBA :)
Rai and Frankenstein are cool, the villains are MEH and the kids are whatever.

Manwha rarely get adapted cause the Korean market isn't strong enough to make a profit.

KaiserNazrin said:
Its the vampire version of One Punch Man, I am not even kidding. He doesn't throw a punch though.

Saitama still one punch him.

OPM came out in 2009, and noblesse already had exponential success by that point. if anything, it's the other way around.

but yes, the similarities are seen, but not a lot of them. in terms of OP characters, if there will be a season (which i doubt there won't be), you will definitely see the alikeness. i've been saying for years that noblesse is one of the most OP stories i have read. rai's words alone have unbelievable power, to say the least.

Xiela said:

Btw didn't Rai look like a mix between Sebastian from Black Butler and Kaname from Vampire Knight lol

i guess i can understand why people are saying this, but i just don't see it. rai has a lonely, not-looking-at-you sort of look, and that's the real difference that shows him and sebastian apart.
TomDayFeb 5, 2016 3:59 PM
Feb 5, 2016 3:36 PM

Oct 2012
The pacing was way too fast to enjoy it really, but the production values were surprisingly decent and that OP was too good. Really though, I'm just happy to see a Korean Webcomic animated, Tower of God anime when?
Feb 5, 2016 3:50 PM

Oct 2015
Xiela said:

TomDay said:
i guess i can understand why people are saying this, but i just don't see it. rai has a lonely, not-looking-at-you sort of look, and that's the real difference that shows him and sebastian apart.

I was just going by looks not personalities but I get what you mean. They are very different from each other.
XielaFeb 5, 2016 3:53 PM
Feb 5, 2016 3:50 PM

Feb 2015
Koybz said:
The pacing was way too fast to enjoy it really, but the production values were surprisingly decent and that OP was too good. Really though, I'm just happy to see a Korean Webcomic animated, Tower of God anime when?

the manwha itself is pretty speed paced. if you read the first 50 chapters you'd probably know who and what all the characters are and what they're doing and you've already seen around 3 or 4 fights already. by 70 the arc is wrapping up.

the pacing was also something i discussed with my brother back when we were making sacrificial prayers for an anime discussing the show and how it would be paced. there would probably be like 6 chapters an episode and that could pose as a problem.

never read tower of god but my brother does, and from this bits i see from it, it looks pretty good. even for my adoration for noblesse i feel that TOG would have a much more shounen-y feel to it than noblesse. it's just too perfect.
Feb 5, 2016 4:21 PM

Feb 2015
Xiela said:

I was just going by looks not personalities but I get what you mean. They are very different from each other.

lol i was as well. i just have never even thought of the comparison until people started bringing it up :P
Feb 5, 2016 4:37 PM

May 2010
It was good, I guess. Art was beautiful. Animation was nice. Music was kinda meh. Characters were okay, don't know their personality much, but what's shown wasn't bad.

7.44/10 Would prefer a slower pacing and a TV series.
Feb 5, 2016 5:03 PM
Sep 2013
Snaita said:
umashikaneko said:

I didn't know that LN/Moe/ecchi/SoL/BL only needed less sales(10-50K) I always assume they had outstanding sales and were adapt because of that, with the exception of LN is it because /Moe/ecchi/SoL/BL is targeted to a specific audience? Or is there another factor too?

Generally speaking,source materials of seasonal anime are either ''Disc sales'' friendly genre or popular enough.
These are very obscure(5~30K) but have gotten anime adaptation this season because they are anime fan(disc sales) friendly genre/medium.
Mahou Shoujo Nante Mou Ii Desukara vol1 7,999
Ooyasan wa Shishunki!vol8 15,225
Koukaku no Pandora vol7 14,855
Saijaku Muhai no Bahamut vol8 24,814
Hai to Gensou no Grimgar vol7 9670
Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo!vol 8 27,534

These are not necessarily disc sales friendly genre but popular/famous enough to justify anime adaptation.
Ass class vol17 839,918
Ajin vol7 423,486
Erased vol7 285,806

Numbers are estimated sales calculated from POS ranking(not too accurate but you can have general idea)
umashikanekoFeb 5, 2016 5:14 PM
Feb 5, 2016 6:07 PM

Oct 2008
At last! the masterpiece of Korean webtoon is here!!!
5/5!
10/10!

Feb 5, 2016 6:07 PM
Towel Attendant

Dec 2014
Not very impressed with it.....sad panda. All I am going to remember is blood....and more blood....and when they decided for a building to explode, it sprayed blood everywhere. Sorry.....it was just a beat down blood fest.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Which one should be watched first ?

AngelShiva - Feb 7, 2016

16 by Jonny_Rooke »»
Sep 29, 2020 4:14 AM

» Next when?

valoon - Feb 16, 2016

4 by Jimmyowns2 »»
Mar 19, 2016 2:24 PM

» Noblesse animated short

Marrone - Feb 4, 2016

14 by Tyrel »»
Feb 4, 2016 4:25 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.