Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jan 31, 2016 5:05 PM

Oct 2015
Why not suggest some more relations or take apart current ones :)

For example I don't understand why Zero no Tsukaima is listed.
I'd really like to know! Is there any Tomboy character? Because I don't see the feminism in there...
I'd suggest Skip Beat and Seirei no Moribito for starters.
What do you think?
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Jan 31, 2016 10:21 PM

Sep 2008
Okay Ballsa in Serei no Moribito I can see for sure. ( has actually seen that one)

Feb 4, 2016 9:02 PM

Nov 2007
Who in Zero no Tsukaima is a tomboy character? Otherwise I've added the rest that listed.
tsubasaloverMay 25, 2016 11:51 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Feb 9, 2016 12:22 PM

Oct 2015
tsubasalover said:
Who in Zero no Tsukaima is is a tomboy character? Otherwise I've added the rest that listed.

I've only watched the first episode, but I really wonder whether this isn't a mistake, since there are other questionable anime relations too, I think so at least.
What do you think of Shakugan No Shana? There's no real tomboy in it and I don't understand why it should be feminist, do you?
What about Clannad, I haven't watched it, but isn't the female MC especially weak, needs support all the time etc.? Of course it doesn't just depend on the MCs but hmmm?
And Naruto (not seen but seems weird?)? Vampire Night?
Feb 9, 2016 12:27 PM

Oct 2015
Feb 9, 2016 6:41 PM

Nov 2007
granuli said:
What do you think of Shakugan No Shana?

I don't know. I've never watch it (and no plan of watching it), so I asked you.
granuli said:
Suggesting Juuni Kokuki and Kemono no Souja Erin

Added, thanks.
granuli said:
What about Clannad, I haven't watched it, but isn't the female MC especially weak, needs support all the time etc.? Of course it doesn't just depend on the MCs but hmmm?

Clannad, especially the sequel, has the girl, daughter of the two main characters who is tomboy.
Naruto - I don't know either. Not interested in watching it.
Vampire Knight - the main girl, Yuki, is a tomboy -> having involved (not matching the description) -> have her own will, but working for Kaname (sort of matching).
Feb 10, 2016 6:40 AM

Oct 2015
tsubasalover said:
granuli said:
What do you think of Shakugan No Shana?

I don't know. I've never watch it (and no plan of watching it), so I asked you.
granuli said:
Suggesting Juuni Kokuki and Kemono no Souja Erin

Added, thanks.
granuli said:

Clannad, especially the sequel, has the girl, daughter of the two main characters who is tomboy.
Naruto - I don't know either. Not interested in watching it.
Vampire Knight - the main girl, Yuki, is a tomboy -> having involved (not matching the description) -> have her own will, but working for Kaname (sort of matching).

Ohh how I spelled Vampire Knight, embarrassing :( :D

I had no idea about Clannad, thanks! Do you like it BTW?

It's been a few months since I've watched Vampire Knight so I can't remember all the details about her character anymore, but from what I remember about Yuki, I didn't understand why it was added.

I mean especially compared to the other girls in this anime, I understand that she's more tomboyish, but while she's not the pristine example of a tomboy (I think), she's not really independent, drools over boys, isn't that strong of a character, is a lot weaker than the males... what I want to say is that she's probably something feminists might despise :D and I'm wondering about the balance/weight tomboy vs feminist regarding what qualifies to be added.

Please don't get me wrong, my intention isn't to argue with you about that, but I'd like to try to be more accurate when suggesting something, so it would be nice to understand the criteria better, that's why I'm asking.

I think if Yuki from Vampire Knight is tomboy enough, then Matake Ogata from Shakugan No Shana should fit very well.
Feb 10, 2016 7:06 AM

Nov 2007
granuli said:
I had no idea about Clannad, thanks! Do you like it BTW?

It was nice. I liked it.
granuli said:
Please don't get me wrong, my intention isn't to argue with you about that, but I'd like to try to be more accurate when suggesting something, so it would be nice to understand the criteria better, that's why I'm asking.

It's fine, it was added before I became admin.
granuli said:
I think if Yuki from Vampire Knight is tomboy enough, then Matake Ogata from Shakugan No Shana should fit very well.

Sure, I've added her. Thank you.
Feb 11, 2016 6:55 AM

Oct 2015
Thank you @tsubasalover :)
Feb 12, 2016 11:16 AM

Oct 2015
I've recently watched Kure-nai and I think it might qualify.
Do you know this anime?

Edit:
Also Soredemo Sekai wa Utsukushii
I don't remember the story so well anymore but even if the anime wouldn't qualify for some reasons, I can't imagine the female MC wouldn't fit!
She's VERY strong willed, she doesn't like being submissive, she stays true to her beliefs and she doesn't care too much about etiquette nor gender roles. + she saves the male MC (not only once) and not the other way around.
granuliFeb 12, 2016 11:57 AM
Feb 13, 2016 1:21 PM

Oct 2015
Also I'd like to suggest the Kara No Kyoukai movies.
All the characters in charge are women with strong personalities. There's no fanservice.
Feb 13, 2016 8:21 PM

Nov 2007
granuli said:
I've recently watched Kure-nai and I think it might qualify.
Do you know this anime?
I don't. Who is feminist / tomboy? Otherwise, added these two:
granuli said:
Kara No Kyoukai movies.

Nike sure is a tomboy but yet don't lose the elegance of princess.
May 25, 2016 11:04 AM

May 2013
I think that Ryuko definitely qualifies as a tomboy. Her personality, choice of clothing, and hatred of dresses all seem to point to her being a tomboy. She's really tough & a badass - just watching Kill la Kill should show that.

I think Chihiro from Spirited Away is a very feminist character - I wouldn't call her a tomboy per se (although she might be) but her character & story definitely are female-positive imo (and lots of other "o's" lol)
Rocko52May 25, 2016 11:10 AM
May 25, 2016 11:40 AM

Nov 2007
Rocko52 said:
I think that Ryuko definitely qualifies as a tomboy. Her personality, choice of clothing, and hatred of dresses all seem to point to her being a tomboy. She's really tough & a badass - just watching Kill la Kill should show that.

I think Chihiro from Spirited Away is a very feminist character - I wouldn't call her a tomboy per se (although she might be) but her character & story definitely are female-positive imo (and lots of other "o's" lol)

Ryuuko Matoi from Kill la Kill (I didn't watch the series and no plan of watching it by the way) added to relations.

Hmmmm.... I think Chihiro Ogino from Sen to Chihiro no Kamikakushi is not a tomboy though she became mentally stronger later in the movie for survival (if that's the reason you wanted her to be added), not to show that "I'm stronger than you guys, don't anger me" sense.
tsubasaloverMay 25, 2016 11:54 AM
May 25, 2016 12:00 PM

May 2013
tsubasalover said:

Ryuuko Matoi from Kill la Kill (I didn't watch the series and no plan of watching it by the way) added to relations.

Hmmmm.... I think Chihiro Ogino from Sen to Chihiro no Kamikakushi is not a tomboy though she became mentally stronger later in the movie for survival (if that's the reason you wanted her to be added), not to show that "I'm stronger than you guys, don't anger me" sense.

Yeah - like I said I don't think Chihiro is a tomboy but I think she's definitely a strong character.
Jun 27, 2020 2:07 PM

Mar 2020
Kaoru and Rei from "Oniisama e..." for sure.

“ℑ𝔣 𝔊𝔬𝔡 𝔴𝔬𝔫'𝔱 𝔥𝔞𝔳𝔢 𝔪𝔢, 𝔱𝔥𝔢𝔫 𝔱𝔥𝔢 𝔇𝔢𝔳𝔦𝔩 𝔪𝔲𝔰𝔱.”

Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» why do you like tomboy characters?

Y-elf - Aug 4, 2008

46 by santk »»
Oct 12, 2017 8:16 PM

» what do you hate about other anime girls?

Y-elf - Sep 5, 2008

49 by Energetic-Nova »»
Nov 29, 2016 5:44 AM

Poll: » The kick-ass girly girl.

SonnyGoten - Feb 2, 2011

5 by Energetic-Nova »»
Nov 29, 2016 5:25 AM

Poll: » Who is the most manly, unfeminine, and tomboyish female character in anime?

EtherealMerc - Jun 19, 2009

38 by KelsiFinn »»
May 21, 2016 8:31 PM

» Your favorite anime with anti-stereotype or feminism compatible love stories

granuli - Nov 1, 2015

1 by granuli »»
Jan 14, 2016 2:48 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.