Forum Settings
Forums

Japan's Weekly Blu-ray & DVD Rankings for Jan 25 - 31

New
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Feb 2, 2016 6:16 PM

Sep 2011
FlameWingman21 said:
I don't watch Osomatsu. It looks like a comedy anime to me. Why did some people here say it's fujoshi's show?

Because it's popular with fujos.
Feb 2, 2016 6:27 PM

Jun 2014
FlameWingman21 said:
I don't watch Osomatsu. It looks like a comedy anime to me. Why did some people here say it's fujoshi's show?

It has a big line up of popular male seiyuus, which fujoshis are often obsessed with.

The show also makes tons of tongue in cheek gay jokes in its more recent episodes to appeal to its fanbase.
Feb 2, 2016 6:35 PM

Jul 2012
Oso-san killin' it :^)
/laughs at all the people not watching it/
Also, you need to watch at least 3 episodes to see the appeal. The first is probably the most appealing to mainstream audience while the normal comedy scenes need some acquired taste.

Also Starmyu is selling well! Nice.

Osomatsu-nii-san showing the truimph :^)

FlameWingman21 said:
It's a comedy gag Anime with a handful of scenes that would pander to fujoshis. Nothing more.

jayvee2016 said:
WOW.. congrats for Osomatsu! a little more and it would break µ's record! xD What is in the event ticket? Something like a concert too?
Seiyuu event.
MayukaFeb 2, 2016 6:40 PM
Feb 2, 2016 6:50 PM
Jan 2016
Mayuka said:
Also, you need to watch at least 3 episodes to see the appeal. The first is probably the most appealing to mainstream audience while the normal comedy scenes need some acquired taste.

Osomatsu-nii-san showing the truimph :^)

FlameWingman21 said:
It's a comedy gag Anime with a handful of scenes that would pander to fujoshis. Nothing more.

jayvee2016 said:
WOW.. congrats for Osomatsu! a little more and it would break µ's record! xD What is in the event ticket? Something like a concert too?
Seiyuu event.

is a seiyuu event different from a live concert?
Feb 2, 2016 6:56 PM

Jul 2012
jayvee2016 said:

Live concert would imply singing
Seiyuu concert is usually just the seiyuus getting together and talking at a concert hall
Feb 2, 2016 6:57 PM

Mar 2015
osomatsu sales! they are slacing! make it long run pierrot! this is the one you should put efforth with.
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Feb 2, 2016 8:29 PM

Dec 2012
Osomatsu outsold Monogatari lmao
Feb 2, 2016 8:57 PM

Aug 2015
[quote=jayvee2016 message=44550088]
Mayuka said:

calm down you're making it like it has sold more than 2 million copies...just clam down...35,795 lol
Feb 2, 2016 9:20 PM

Jul 2012
ultravigo said:
calm down you're making it like it has sold more than 2 million copies...just clam down...35,795 lol
considering the fact that it's only been half a week, and best boy's on the second volume, i think it's still gonna grow
Feb 2, 2016 9:24 PM

Aug 2015
Mayuka said:
ultravigo said:
considering the fact that it's only been half a week, and best boy's on the second volume, i think it's still gonna grow

i highly doubt that...let's see what will happen in next week
Feb 2, 2016 9:59 PM

May 2013
Jerkhov said:
It has a big line up of popular male seiyuus, which fujoshis are often obsessed with.

The show also makes tons of tongue in cheek gay jokes in its more recent episodes to appeal to its fanbase.

Mayuka said:

I see. I was kind of interested in watching it. Not anymore I guess. Thanks.
Feb 2, 2016 10:12 PM

Jul 2012
FlameWingman21 said:
Jerkhov said:

Mayuka said:

lol, okay

By handful, I mean compared to 100+ skits, there's only less than 10 I would consider pandering to girls.

ultravigo said:
Mayuka said:

i highly doubt that...let's see what will happen in next week
what's the point in arguing about things you can't predict?
Feb 2, 2016 10:23 PM

May 2013
Mayuka said:
FlameWingman21 said:

lol, okay

By handful, I mean compared to 100+ skits, there's only less than 10 I would consider pandering to girls.

Wait, if there are only that few, it's not really fujoshi's show. I don't care too much about voice actor except for my bae favorite.
Feb 2, 2016 10:32 PM

Jul 2012
FlameWingman21 said:
Mayuka said:
lol, okay

Wait, if there are only that few, it's not really fujoshi's show. I don't care too much about voice actor except for my bae favorite.
Yeah, pretty much. It's not really a fujoshi show. The comedy isn't "BL" comedy, it's just pure comedy. The voice acting is one of the quirks of this show because they're all so lively and distinct.
Feb 2, 2016 10:47 PM
Mar 2010
ultravigo said:

Don't forget to count both the BD AND the DVD. Nearly 80k copies first week. And I didn't see how Mayuka was acting as if it had sold 2 million copies.
Check out the News Club for daily rankings, discussion on future CD and BD releases, manga and novels. New members are welcome!
Feb 3, 2016 12:17 AM

Dec 2012
FlameWingman21 said:
Jerkhov said:

Mayuka said:

It panders to fujoshi as much as Gintama panders to fujoshi.

Fujoshi just mean female anime fans, not necessarily yaoi shipper.
Feb 3, 2016 2:02 AM

Nov 2007
tsudecimo said:
FlameWingman21 said:

No, a fujoshi does not just mean a female anime fan. Fujoshi refers to a "rotten" female, which can only mean a female who is into BL (sexual or non-sexual content between two males). A female anime fan can be a fujoshi or may not be a fujoshi, so calling a female fan a fujoshi can be offensive to them if they are not fujoshi themselves.

Bottom line is, females can't be fujoshi if they are not into BL.
EjcFeb 3, 2016 2:14 AM
The News Club: Quality News/Discussion (anime, CDs, manga, novels, games, seiyuu), & sales data (daily, weekly, mid-year, yearly).
Feb 3, 2016 2:49 AM

Jul 2012
phoenixalia said:
ultravigo said:

Don't forget to count both the BD AND the DVD. Nearly 80k copies first week. And I didn't see how Mayuka was acting as if it had sold 2 million copies.
lol he's unhappy that I'm cheering for my fave series TT_TT

Ejc said:
You can be into BL but not a fujoshi, though haha
It's a really loose term, like otaku.
Feb 3, 2016 2:52 AM

Dec 2012
Ejc said:
tsudecimo said:

No, a fujoshi does not just mean a female anime fan. Fujoshi refers to a "rotten" female, which can only mean a female who is into BL (sexual or non-sexual content between two males). A female anime fan can be a fujoshi or may not be a fujoshi, so calling a female fan a fujoshi can be offensive to them if they are not fujoshi themselves.

I know it's definition and what it's associated with. But I feel like over time the rotten girl association with it is phased out and it starting to just be used as ''female otaku''.

I mean there are probably some female fans that like some undertones in those shows but they don't necessarily like actual BL.
Feb 3, 2016 4:28 AM
Mar 2010
tsudecimo said:

I mean there are probably some female fans that like some undertones in those shows but they don't necessarily like actual BL.

I don't exactly LIKE the undertones but I don't mind it either. I find it funny sometimes. You could say I like friendship between males. But yeah, Emerson's point still stands.
Check out the News Club for daily rankings, discussion on future CD and BD releases, manga and novels. New members are welcome!
Feb 3, 2016 5:17 AM

Feb 2013
Glad Senki Zesshou Symphogear GX is selling great, I really hope that means Season 4.

Feb 3, 2016 6:28 AM

Sep 2012
badwolf45f said:
Glad Senki Zesshou Symphogear GX is selling great, I really hope that means Season 4.
Surely S4 will be revealed at Symphogear Live 2016 in 3.5 weeks (Feb 27&28). Watch twitter that night Japan time and surely it will be trending.
Feb 3, 2016 7:05 AM

Jul 2015
Just a silly question... I can know when a manga or a light novel is selling well or bad.... however, I'm clueless when it's about dvd and blurays.... so... how many blurays and dvds a show needs to sell to.....

1º pay itself.
2º to get a chance for a new season.
3º is selling so well that it's almost sure that it'll get a new season...

Thanks guys, sorry for the bother...
Feb 3, 2016 7:13 AM

Dec 2013
I browse this page and got a "CLICK ADD BUTTON TO INSTALL EXTENSIONS VIRUS" Now I can't get anywhere, can't go back, can't access other sites, can't even close the browser. Mod please ban whoever did this shit
Feb 3, 2016 7:14 AM

Jul 2012
pablomc said:
Just a silly question... I can know when a manga or a light novel is selling well or bad.... however, I'm clueless when it's about dvd and blurays.... so... how many blurays and dvds a show needs to sell to.....

1º pay itself.

depends on the studio.
Feb 3, 2016 8:00 AM

Nov 2011
^Studio is irrelevant in most cases.

pablomc said:

1º pay itself.

http://rederoin.motionsforum.com/t255-rate-of-anime-getting-a-sequel-by-sales
But it depends on the producers.

My Twitter : link
My Last.fm : link
Feb 3, 2016 8:04 AM

Jan 2015
rederoin said:

pablomc said:

1º pay itself.

It should be updated, but thanks, very helpful!

Osomatsu san will get a second season. 100% sure about it.
Feb 3, 2016 8:10 AM
Jul 2015
pablomc said:

1º pay itself.

Depend of how much money they put to produce the anime and who is in the production committee
Feb 3, 2016 8:59 AM

Jul 2015
Thanks guys, you're very helpfull.
Feb 3, 2016 11:37 AM

Nov 2014
I don't understand Japan.

Feb 3, 2016 12:35 PM
Feb 2015
tsubasalover said:

Blu-ray
*9. *5,200 *5,200 Soukyuu no Fafner: Dead Aggresso Vol.8

DVD
18. **,710 **,710 Soukyuu no Fafner: Dead Aggresso Vol.8

Just a correction in the title: "Soukyuu no Fafner: Dead Aggressor - Exodus Vol.8"
Feb 3, 2016 12:56 PM

Apr 2014
pablomc said:

1º pay itself.

depend on the show.
Iirc, 5k bluray is already a profit for a pretty high budget show like Kekkai Sensen, Gakuen toshi Asterisk or OPM, while.a show with an even higher budget like SAO or UBW might need more disc sales to make profit.
Feb 3, 2016 1:56 PM

May 2015
ccdewa said:
damn I know that osomatsu san will be popular but didn't expect it to sell this much lol, well hope now pierrot can make a decent anime with that much of budget

Pierrot has existed since 1979, and have good animes that you do not know or have liked not mean they are bad.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 3, 2016 2:29 PM

Jul 2015
tr1ckst3r said:
pablomc said:

1º pay itself.

depend on the show.
Iirc, 5k bluray is already a profit for a pretty high budget show like Kekkai Sensen, Gakuen toshi Asterisk or OPM, while.a show with an even higher budget like SAO or UBW might need more disc sales to make profit.

I know that Kekkai Sensen and OPM passed this mark... however, did Gakuen even reached this the 3k mark? I've been not following its sales...
Feb 3, 2016 2:39 PM

Oct 2013
Xenocrisi said:
rederoin said:

Probably will not even need that given the high probability of turning into a long running!
Feb 3, 2016 2:54 PM

Apr 2014
bigivelfhq said:
Xenocrisi said:

Probably will not even need that given the high probability of turning into a long running!

Do you think there's a chance it replaces Naruto for its timeslot once it ends?
Feb 3, 2016 3:01 PM

Oct 2013
Z4k said:
bigivelfhq said:

I don't think so. I think it will stay in the timeslot it is right now. But who knows if they will change to a better Timeslot.
Feb 3, 2016 3:59 PM

Apr 2013
Z4k said:

Even if Osomatsu turns into a long running anime, chances are it'd end before Naruto...
5 main aspects I base my ratings on:
1. Did DramaEnthusiast make a thread about it?
2. Is it better than Breaking Bad?
3. Did MellowJello recommend the shit out of it?
4. Has it caused a (very entertaining) shitstorm on MAL?
5. Is it actually good?

Scratch the fifth point, it's not very relevant...
Feb 3, 2016 4:37 PM

Jul 2015
[quote=FallenUndead message=44540830]20. *2,643 *2,643 Shinmai Maou no Testament: Burst Vol.2
22. *2,296 *2,296 Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry Vol.2

Okay this really bum's me out, Shinmai outsold a far better show and by a good amount as well. WTF is wrong with them.

I''m off to import Rakudai Vol.3 to cool off..

This
Feb 3, 2016 5:02 PM

Jul 2012
Xenocrisi said:
Pretty sure they will go over two cour at least! Nakamura Yuuichi (Karamatsu seiyuu) said so at the event that as long as people are buying the merch, it'll get more episodes.
Feb 3, 2016 5:09 PM

Mar 2015
Mayuka said:
Xenocrisi said:
Pretty sure they will go over two cour at least! Nakamura Yuuichi (Karamatsu seiyuu) said so at the event that as long as people are buying the merch, it'll get more episodes.
so, the possibility it being long run is big? i can't get enough matsu brothers.
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Feb 3, 2016 5:30 PM

Nov 2007
MMMacross said:
Just a correction in the title: "Soukyuu no Fafner: Dead Aggressor - Exodus Vol.8"

Fixed, thank you.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Feb 3, 2016 5:31 PM

Sep 2010
thepath said:
I did not watch Osomatsu-san, but I like to judge anime from its cover. It looks like sh*t

I will try to watch 1st episode to see what is good about it, but that ugly character in cover does not give me any motive to watch.

You dare say my Dayon is ugly? Don't make me come over there and kick you in the face bruh.
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Feb 4, 2016 6:34 AM

Mar 2008
FlameWingman21 said:
Mayuka said:
lol, okay

You don't have to worry, majority of the fujoshi fanservice is in the later episodes so you're safe until probably ep 14 or something.
Feb 4, 2016 6:38 AM

Jul 2012
eternaltorture said:
FlameWingman21 said:

You don't have to worry, majority of the fujoshi fanservice is in the later episodes so you're safe until probably ep 14 or something.
I'll list it in case someone wants to skip it:

Manservice in general:
Episode 1
Episode 11 (First half)
Episode 16 (First half)

BL service:
Episode 16 (Second half)
Episode 17 (First half, one skit)
Feb 4, 2016 4:07 PM
Jan 2016
I just realized it now that the DVD sales of Osomatsu is higher than the BD sales. Is that usual? I am just curious.. Love Live's record of 80+K BD is far from the 35K of Osomatsu but they managed to even the odds with their DVD sales
Feb 4, 2016 5:08 PM

Mar 2008
Mayuka said:
eternaltorture said:

Manservice in general:
Episode 1
Episode 11 (First half)
Episode 16 (First half)

BL service:
Episode 16 (Second half)

I listed episode 14 because of the french kiss which led to the increase of OsoIchiOso fanart... lol
Feb 5, 2016 7:43 AM

Jul 2012
eternaltorture said:
Mayuka said:

Manservice in general:
Episode 1
Episode 11 (First half)
Episode 16 (First half)

BL service:
Episode 16 (Second half)

I listed episode 14 because of the french kiss which led to the increase of OsoIchiOso fanart... lol
i don't think that counts unless you're actually a fujoshi lol
cuz i didn't catch it until people started making fanart of it

jayvee2016 said:
I just realized it now that the DVD sales of Osomatsu is higher than the BD sales. Is that usual?
because it's not a super visually appealing show? it's studio pierrot to boot as well
Feb 5, 2016 1:58 PM
Jan 2016
jayvee2016 said:
I just realized it now that the DVD sales of Osomatsu is higher than the BD sales. Is that usual?
because it's not a super visually appealing show? it's studio pierrot to boot as well[/quote]

i dunno tbh, I never watched it so I have no idea about the animation quality. I am just curious, that's all.
Feb 6, 2016 12:28 PM

Sep 2012
jayvee2016 said:
I just realized it now that the DVD sales of Osomatsu is higher than the BD sales. Is that usual? I am just curious.. Love Live's record of 80+K BD is far from the 35K of Osomatsu but they managed to even the odds with their DVD sales
Common for shows which are bought by more female anime fans. Many female fans still just have DVD players. Also common when the event ticket is more important than the anime, if you can use multiple tickets then you might as well get the cheaper DVD version for multiple copies.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

» 'Black★★Rock Shooter: Dawn Fall' Reveals Additional Cast, First Promo

DatRandomDude - Feb 11, 2022

11 by nisafitri »»
31 minutes ago

» Original Anime Movie 'A New Dawn' Announced for 2025

DatRandomDude - Apr 23

5 by dimidrum »»
Yesterday, 3:41 PM

» 'Mahoutsukai no Yakusoku' Announces Production Staff, Cast

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

4 by Memore »»
Yesterday, 1:40 PM

» 'Maougun Saikyou no Majutsushi wa Ningen datta' Announces Supporting Cast

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

0 by Hyperion_PS »»
Yesterday, 12:19 PM

» 'Suki demo Kirai na Amanojaku' Reveals Additional Cast, Trailer

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

1 by RobertBobert »»
Yesterday, 11:45 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.