Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Feb 3, 2016 7:24 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Hmm, an episode concentrated on Koito...not really surprising imo. Figured that she might get her own episode one of these days.

In the meantime, lol...I think she has a rivalry with Mai for Phantoms...
Kurumi somehow also became relevant. Meh, the episode felt dull except for some of the action parts. The phantoms are also getting more and more tougher by the looks of it. Ah, also Kurumi's bear can fight after all. I suspected there would be something strange about that little guy.

Feb 3, 2016 9:09 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Cat fight alert =o
Feb 3, 2016 9:50 AM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
A Koito focused episode... finally! Lol at Kurumi's phantom teddy bear! Mai and Koito had some issues with each other :D. So Koito is anti-social because people were scared of her abilities... well that's typical -_-. Koito blushed so... +1

3/5
Feb 3, 2016 9:51 AM

Aug 2010
So I might be in the minority here but that constant "aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa..." of Minase while she's using her power makes the whole thing awkward. And annoying.

I realize it's supposed to be a song but... come on it's not even a singing voice. just... "aaaa...".
They could have put at the very least a minimal effort there.
Feb 3, 2016 9:52 AM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
That Digimon Phantom sure was tough

....and now there is a loli who can use power similar to Seryu's from AgK.

Overall an average episode...nothing interesting

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Feb 3, 2016 9:52 AM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Harag said:
So I might be in the minority here but that constant "aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa..." of Minase while she's using her power makes the whole thing awkward. And annoying.

I realize it's supposed to be a song but... come on it's not even a singing voice. just... "aaaa...".
Don't worry, you're not in the minority. I was also thinking the same thing.
Feb 3, 2016 10:07 AM

Jan 2012
I like Koito, she's a silent badass. Only her lack of big beautiful tits keeps her from being best girl. :D Teddy bear troubles on the horizon?
Feb 3, 2016 10:08 AM

Jan 2015
Nice episode.
I love the loli.
Feb 3, 2016 10:08 AM

Apr 2010
So an episode dedicated to Minase this time.
And it seems her powers made her an outcast in the past.
Well hopefully she will be a bit more social this time.
Feb 3, 2016 10:15 AM
Jul 2018
This episode was focusing on Minase.

Kurumi's phantom teddy bear can turn into a giant.
Feb 3, 2016 10:18 AM

Aug 2008
They are still repeating the failed summoning gag, huh. It wasn't funny the first time, it won't be even if you shove it into every episode. Looks like I was wrong about the MC, he's not a beta male. It would be a compliment. He's probably not even omega, he would get kicked out of herd to prevent his lameness from rubbing off on others. I'm starting to doubt if the MC is even a male to begin with.

Well, writing is still bad, characters are still bland and to make things worse there was no fanservice. Come on, where is blonde's selfgroping? Speaking of bad aspects of this show, what the constantly angry chick is doing is supposed to be singing?
Ii tenki desu ne...
Feb 3, 2016 10:20 AM
Jul 2018
lol kurumi's reaction when she saw the phantom, so cute
i lost it when the bear turned into a goddamn giant and kicked the phantom (or hit it, whatever d:)
overall, fun episode and minase thanked him at the end with a blush!
Feb 3, 2016 10:20 AM

Dec 2014
Well that reaction at he end by minase,, was surely to be expected
Feb 3, 2016 10:26 AM

Feb 2016
Really boring episode, Koito is a pseudo-tsundere badly done and the loli - even if she was cute - was an unnecessary adition - yeah original character -.

The good thing is how this adaptation is doing a terrible job on every ranking in japan, even when kyoani already throw the bait.
Feb 3, 2016 10:27 AM

Jan 2015
Another fun episode....idk why but I fell that Ruru will pull a Darth Jar Jar on us.
Big Order (TV):great anime or greatest anime?
Feb 3, 2016 10:36 AM

Jul 2013
I know the phantom is a classic design of a chimera but for some reason it just really reminded me of Pokemon/Digimon. Even Mega Man actually.
Feb 3, 2016 10:50 AM

Aug 2010
Kurumi's such a cute <3
And Dat Albrecht upper cut was BA AF!!
Feb 3, 2016 10:54 AM

Jan 2016
Finally! I waited for so long to see phantom teddy bear in action and it was amazing <3 Pretty good fights and I have to say i enjoyed this episode :)
Feb 3, 2016 11:05 AM

Nov 2015
I had to laugh a lot this episode...All those weird abilities and summoned creatures are cracking me up...Albrecht MVP
Minase blushing looked super cute
Feb 3, 2016 11:10 AM

Aug 2015
i don't know how to feel about this series.....it tries not be cliche but it somehow ends up being one.....although i have been enjoying a lot
Feb 3, 2016 11:18 AM

Feb 2016
Hmmm the next episode should be focused on the loli and the next one is gonna be one of 2 options, or Haru as focus, or more teasing with some interactions between Mai and the girls + random phantoms - considering kyoani decided to go full original -.
Feb 3, 2016 11:21 AM

Jan 2015
Another Minase-related Episode, another long chant. But she doesn't really have to do that, isn't she?
And FINALLY ... That Loli Identity's revealed. Just how cute is she? >_<

That guy do have a point, though.
MasceraFeb 3, 2016 11:30 AM
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Feb 3, 2016 11:27 AM

Aug 2008
@Cr7_vi_Britannia I stopped watching adaptations of LN I've read to spare myself the sight of source material being butchered. Looks like authors either don't matter in the production at all or just hate their works and want them turned into crap.
Ii tenki desu ne...
Feb 3, 2016 11:27 AM
Aug 2014
I just want to see Mai's third mole again.
Feb 3, 2016 11:28 AM

Aug 2015
The characters are getting less likable every episode. I really don't understand how they can praise her ability to "sing" so much, that senpai even said it was super super super strong. Yet, she loses against the same kind of phantom she was able to defeat as a child.
Chicken is love, chicken is life ~ ♥
Feb 3, 2016 11:35 AM

Oct 2012
It was boring but Kurumi with her teddy bear was cute at least.
Feb 3, 2016 11:47 AM

Jul 2014
That's one OP teddy bear. Also, am I the only one who finds Koito's power really annoying because of the fact that she just says "Aaah" for ages and that it's supposed to be really strong but really seems to be pretty useless?
Feb 3, 2016 11:54 AM
Jan 2015
Cr7_vi_Britannia said:
is totally ridiculous and absurd how KyoAni adapts its male characters especially the male MC, they are totally different from their version of the source material.
In addition to reducing your screen time, exposure, they also tranformam them in betas, irrelevant characters, also ridicule them, create original characters to further reduce its importance and exposure in the show, with the ridiculous and regrettable intention of making their generic waifus moe with soft hairs if stand out more which does not occur in the source material.
Haruhiko is another example of how KyoAni chooses adapts its male characters especially the male MC in a totally different way than it is in the source material. KyoAni simply destroys the character, ridicules the character and does everything so that they become irrelevant and lose their importance and exposure in show.

Antanaru said:
They are still repeating the failed summoning gag, huh. It wasn't funny the first time, it won't be even if you shove it into every episode. Looks like I was wrong about the MC, he's not a beta male. It would be a compliment. He's probably not even omega, he would get kicked out of herd to prevent his lameness from rubbing off on others. I'm starting to doubt if the MC is even a male to begin with.

Well, writing is still bad, characters are still bland and to make things worse there was no fanservice. Come on, where is blonde's selfgroping? Speaking of bad aspects of this show, what the constantly angry chick is doing is supposed to be singing?

The MC is not to blame of the shits that were made to your character by the KyoAni.

Okay I have a question since you seem to have read the original novel. How well is the source material rated in japan? Because I was only able to find the light novel on amazon and it seemed to be quite badly rated on that. If it is indeed regarded as shit either does it matter that they changed stuff when adapting a bad light novel into a bad anime?
Feb 3, 2016 12:10 PM

Jun 2013
I want to imagine what would happen if Reina healed Koito the first time she lost her voice. All we need is Kurumi to master pyrokinesis and we have Annie from League of Legends. Lack of fanservice blah blah blah. And Koito at the end of the episode.

WHEN THE QUEEN OF ICE WARMS UP TO YOU, YOUR HEART WILL SURELY MELT
Akio-kunFeb 3, 2016 3:23 PM
Feb 3, 2016 12:14 PM

Jul 2015
Haha Mai and Koito off to a slippery start.
Feb 3, 2016 12:22 PM

Feb 2015
the teddy bear suddenly turned into a big thing and did a freaking badass action!
looks like next episode will be focused on Kurumi. NICE! i really want to see that teddy bear in action. and finally some development between Haruhiko and Minase :D

ThreePointer said:

WHEN THE QUEEN OF ICE WARMS UP TO YOU, YOUR HEART WILL SURELY MELT

agreed XD
Feb 3, 2016 12:27 PM
Dec 2014
I was Expecting the MC to copy her powers till the last minute. Was that only a 1ep trick? Talk about disappointment.
Feb 3, 2016 12:35 PM

Oct 2014
should you have the dolls at home, be careful....

episode: 5/5
Feb 3, 2016 12:59 PM

Aug 2013
Koito was the highlight of the episode, the reason for its lonely and cold personality was explained, behind all the girls there are some small problems, especially on the past of them, but gradually the protagonist will help them to overcome, Kurumi had greater prominence in this episode also, their reactions were so cute, I'm really looking forward to seeing an episode focused on her and see how will the development of this plot ..

Feb 3, 2016 1:05 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
I still can't get into Koito's attack speech, too long imo but I do like the way her attack looks, so vibrant in color. As dynamic as the Pokemon move Boomburst.

Finally more Kurumi and the bear becomes bigger in size.
If all of them became a team they would be pretty tough to beat.

- Mai: Physical attacker
- Koito: Special Attacker
- Kurumi's Bear: Decoy/Tank
- Reina: Healer/Sealer
- Haruhiko: Decoy?

And Mai getting jealous that Haruhiko is paying more attention to Koito, aww. She'll get her time to shine.

Feb 3, 2016 1:27 PM

Sep 2015
GoldenDevilGamer said:
Harag said:

Don't worry, you're not in the minority. I was also thinking the same thing.

I really like the way the "aaaaaaaaaaa" is done, it's unpretentious and reminds me of those videos of people shattering glass with a singing note.

Great to see Koito take centre stage in the episode though I'd have liked some resolution at the end, something along the lines of her accepting the invitation to join the others as a group or something,

One thing I think the show could be doing with as a whole is some kind of arch nemesis that is trying to take over/ destroy the world or something, and it needs to build up to a certain date or astrological alignment, meanwhile the crew deal with the minor phantoms on a weekly basis whilst building up to the grande finale with this arch phantom in the last few episodes.

As it is now I feel it lacks a definitive plot or goal.

I don't suppose we'd know yet whether this is a 13 or 26 episode show? The pacing feels like a 26 episoder to me, I hope it is.
Feb 3, 2016 1:40 PM

May 2012
I know I should be happy, but I must say that I miss the fan service. I don't know why.

Other than that it was another okay episode.
Feb 3, 2016 1:43 PM

Mar 2013
Harag said:

Seriously. Even if she's got all the personality of a shoe, a magical singing voice should still actually sound like a musical note.
Feb 3, 2016 2:01 PM

Jul 2012
Idk why I'm torturing myself by continuing to watch this especially when I'm pretty certain that this show ain't gonna end up being worth the watch in the slightest. I can probably get a general idea how the show is gonna end for that matter.

I didn't expect much from this show in the first place but the amount of generic tropes that annoy me is really strong which is the main issue. And then there's the serious stuff which isn't good either. Well, the next episode will be the turning point for me assuming I stop being an M by continuously watching this show lol.
Feb 3, 2016 2:11 PM

May 2015
OP teddybear appeared. I didn't expect that. I would stay away from that little girl, no matter how adorable. Best part of the episode was Koito blushing, obviously.

Feb 3, 2016 2:18 PM

Jun 2014
@Harag you're definitely not alone, it annoys me too.

So now we got an episode focused on Minase, and I'm not surprised in the slightest that in the end, she warmed up to Haruhiko and might have a crush on him. But that was probably just a blush of embarrassment. It seems like each episode literally just focuses on one member of Haruhiko's harem, then the following episode is the same thing. This is getting pretty boring, and I wouldn't be surprised if the next episode focused on our precious loli.

Tekken02 said:
Hmmm the next episode should be focused on the loli and the next one is gonna be one of 2 options, or Haru as focus, or more teasing with some interactions between Mai and the girls + random phantoms - considering kyoani decided to go full original -.

So this adaptation is literally nothing like the source material? Like, 100% deviation from what it's based on?
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Feb 3, 2016 2:31 PM

Aug 2015
Best episode since episode 1 in my opinion. I wasn't too interested in Koito before but now I like her.
Feb 3, 2016 2:47 PM

Jun 2014
Harag said:

Actually that awkward "aaaaaaaaaaaaa...." she was using is not a song, it's a vocal/singing warmup.
Maybe for some logical reasons she use it because it has a constant note. So her power's sound-waves aren't flutuative and will get a greater magnitude.

Anyway I'm agree with you that her "over-realistic" power made the whole thing awkward.

At one moment I thought she was Maki-chan
Feb 3, 2016 3:25 PM

Jun 2015

Dat Koito acting shy at the end~
Feb 3, 2016 3:30 PM

Feb 2016
thebrentinator24 said:

So now we got an episode focused on Minase, and I'm not surprised in the slightest that in the end, she warmed up to Haruhiko and might have a crush on him. But that was probably just a blush of embarrassment. It seems like each episode literally just focuses on one member of Haruhiko's harem, then the following episode is the same thing. This is getting pretty boring, and I wouldn't be surprised if the next episode focused on our precious loli.

You are right
Tekken02 said:

So this adaptation is literally nothing like the source material? Like, 100% deviation from what it's based on?

You are right -. full original -.
Feb 3, 2016 4:17 PM

Jan 2014
So bland so boring ep *yawn*

Tekken02 said:
thebrentinator24 said:

You are right

You are right -. full original -.

Gonna drop this then, I was expecting KyoAni to adapt the apocalypse arc, guess serious stuffs gonna make way to moe tropes
You will soon learn that a heart that choose to exist, even in a life filled with pain, will one day allow us to meet again.
With the world's blessings, we will meet again and again, forever returning to the homeworld we've yet to see.
Many, many times.

Feb 3, 2016 4:20 PM

Jan 2014
And Reina's healing ability is genuinely out of nowhere.
Did they show this in previous episodes???!!!
You will soon learn that a heart that choose to exist, even in a life filled with pain, will one day allow us to meet again.
With the world's blessings, we will meet again and again, forever returning to the homeworld we've yet to see.
Many, many times.

Feb 3, 2016 4:21 PM

Mar 2014
kurumi face is very punchable i really really hate her lol. minases a lot more interesting that i initially thought she was going to be which goes to show that looks can be deceiving. 4/5
Feb 3, 2016 4:25 PM

Mar 2014
Melvin117 said:
And Reina's healing ability is genuinely out of nowhere.
Did they show this in previous episodes???!!!

when reina sucked on haruhikos finger lol
Feb 3, 2016 4:30 PM

Dec 2013
Koito blush at the end was sort of cute.

Kurumi is probably going to have an episode focused on her next week.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Who is the most attractive Musaigen no Phantom World character?

Shizuna - Apr 16

16 by shawnfoster »»
Apr 17, 9:13 AM

Poll: » Who do you think Haruhiko should end up with? ( 1 2 )

Matsurichan - Feb 14, 2016

73 by Gutzdeep42 »»
Nov 20, 2023 6:16 PM

Poll: » Musaigen no Phantom World Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 20, 2016

235 by esolcdneirf »»
Nov 17, 2023 11:10 PM

» How was it?

kurumidesu22 - Nov 2, 2023

20 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Nov 4, 2023 5:41 AM

Poll: » Musaigen no Phantom World Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 30, 2016

240 by Jonas-K »»
Nov 2, 2023 11:14 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.