Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (65) « First ... « 22 23 [24] 25 26 » ... Last »
Jan 30, 2016 12:18 PM

Apr 2013
Actually, the season when @OneGuy joined was Winter already, since it was in December 27th and some Winter anime start airing by the end of December, and I think most Fall anime have already finished by then.
I think in those cases you could take in the exact date, like looking for an anime that started airing close to your joining date.
Jan 30, 2016 12:30 PM

Dec 2015
Itadakimasuuuu said:
TheRedRipper said:
I would like anyone to recommend a short anime and an original anime. Thanks.

I can't understand what my husband is saying or yama no susume first season for a short anime.

Higashi no Eden or Angel Beats! for an original

I don't know...any other suggestions?
Jan 30, 2016 12:43 PM

Sep 2014
SheyCroix said:
aifukola said:
Okay I'm confused now. The earliest in the winter season always starts on January and ends in March. Also most winter season movies air in March, and then the new season starts in April, so isn't it like:

Winter : January, February, March
Spring : April, May, June
Summer: July, August, September
Fall : October, November, December

???????????????????
I mean if it isn't then okay, but I'm really confused.

Miragee said:
Yeah, that Shey guy is obviously wrong. It's exactly like you posted there.

Like I said
SheyCroix said:
.... but the one I'm using here is the one used by MAL (the way they are dividing the seasons for the Seasonal Anime Page).

@aifukola the one you mention is the one often used in almost everything... but the one I mentioned is the one used here in MAL. Try looking, for example, in the Winter pages and most of the seasons include December. If anyone has the time compare all the seasons for the past years in the Seasonal Anime Page to see what months are used/included.... (most of the time)

Miragee said:
To be clear: Calender seasons and anime seasons are almost the same. Fall begins on the 21th of september and ends on the 21th of december in calender seasons. So yeah, most of december is indeed fall.

but then again most of the shows aired in December are included in the Winter season here in MAL.

-------------------------------------------------------------------
[edit]

Ok went ahead and investigated/compared more to see why it's so confusing (lol) and I want to explain something.

Here in MAL the TV anime is often divided like this

Winter : December, January, February
Spring : March, April, May
Summer : June, July, August
Fall: September, October, November

but then for the rest (specials, movies, onas, ovas) they use the regular one

Winter : January, February, March
Spring : April, May, June
Summer: July, August, September
Fall : October, November, December

That indeed is a bit confusing.... then I was saying that the one used should be the TV one since that's the one I often use..... mm so for this challenge the months that are problematic would be December, March, June and September.... then let me think how I should work with this ...........

So to not make it so difficult I will use the season depending on what you pick. Let's say you joined in March. You can use either Winter or Spring BUT if you use Winter you have to watch anything not TV, if you go with Spring you have to watch a TV anime...........

I can't make this easier lol

What are you talking about? Almost all Winter shows started in january with the exception of Macross and maybe something I'm missing. And it's like this every year.

nikochin said:
Miragee said:
To be clear: Calender seasons and anime seasons are almost the same. Fall begins on the 21th of september and ends on the 21th of december in calender seasons. So yeah, most of december is indeed fall.

Erm, actually, sorry to disappoint you, but no matter how you take it, December is always part of winter (unless we're talking about anime seasons, which, for the purpose of this challenge, we're not, as @SheyCroix says). So, not only is @SheyCroix not wrong, it's also her who makes the rules for this challenge.

No, the link you posted says that the meteorological winter is december-february. Calender seasons are different from meterological seasons and anime seasons are more like akin to the calender seasons...

"Winter is often defined by meteorologists to be the three calendar months with the lowest average temperatures. This corresponds to the months of December, January and February in the Northern Hemisphere"

"These dates are somewhat later than those used to define the beginning and end of the meteorological winter – usually considered to span the entirety of December, January, and February"

The formulation in the second quote is indeed a little bit confusing because it was already mentioned above but the last part is refering to the meterological winter.
Jan 30, 2016 1:12 PM

May 2008
TheRedRipper said:
Itadakimasuuuu said:

I can't understand what my husband is saying or yama no susume first season for a short anime.

Short anime: Yami Shibai
Original anime: Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai
Jan 30, 2016 1:48 PM
Jul 2018

Have it your way, I've better things to do than debate such things here with you.
Jan 30, 2016 2:01 PM

Mar 2013
TheRedRipper said:
Itadakimasuuuu said:

Tonari No seki-Kun for Short Anime.

Kaiba or 08th MS Team for original.
Jan 30, 2016 4:43 PM

Oct 2014
For the whole season thing, the challenge specifies "an anime that started airing in the same season you joined MAL". The last 11 days of December are considered to be part of Winter and anime that starting airing during that time are part of the Winter season. For example, Macross Δ started airing on December 31st and is part of the 2016 Winter anime lineup. Noragami Aragoto finished airing on December 26th and was part of the 2015 Fall lineup.
Jan 30, 2016 5:51 PM

Aug 2014
Hello, this might sound dumb but does
 » Watch an anime that has a main character that is a professional in his field
include sports? And hobbies like mountaineering? Or is it just for jobs?
------------------------------
And can someone recommend me an anime for
 » Watch an anime which began airing between 1981 and 1990
I prefer short anime which're only 12-24 episodes. Thanks!
sup
Jan 30, 2016 6:03 PM

Oct 2014
keimaconquesta said:
 » Watch an anime that has a main character that is a professional in his field

1. If they are a professional (ie. they make money from it, they do it as a profession) then it counts. If they do a team sport professionally then it is their job and it counts towards the challenge. If they do it as a hobby then it doesn't count.
Jan 30, 2016 6:31 PM

Mar 2013
keimaconquesta said:

Gunbuster, Glass Mask, Birth Of Gin.

There are a few good movies too if you wanted to go that route.
Jan 30, 2016 7:25 PM

Mar 2013
This is seriously the stupidest arguement of all time. It's super easy to infer the meaning of that challenge "Something that came out the first season that you were on Mal" You are at the end of one of the months on the end of a season, just go to the next season. It's really simple and doesn't need a two page debate to figure out.
Jan 30, 2016 8:14 PM

Aug 2014
zombie_pegasus said:
keimaconquesta said:

1. If they are a professional (ie. they make money from it, they do it as a profession) then it counts. If they do a team sport professionally then it is their job and it counts towards the challenge. If they do it as a hobby then it doesn't count.
Thanks. It was kinda confusing to me.
AudioTsunami said:
keimaconquesta said:

Gunbuster, Glass Mask, Birth Of Gin.

There are a few good movies too if you wanted to go that route.
Thanks I'll choose Gunbuster since it's the shortest one xD
sup
Jan 31, 2016 5:56 AM

Apr 2010
zombie_pegasus said:
For example, Macross Δ started airing on December 31st and is part of the 2016 Winter anime lineup.

Which is obviously a mistake on MAL's part (that I hope will eventually get corrected), as it won't start airing regularly until April. It's a Spring 2016 show in all the ways that matter ; that it aired a preview special (not even the actual first episode) in late December doesn't change that.

Anime TV series that start regular broadcast in the last couple of weeks of December/March/June/September are really rare. Seriously, it's less than 1% of them ; mostly a few ONAs or shorts that have non-standard schedules anyway. They're rare outliers that you have to go way out of your way to find.

As another counterpoint, here's a TV series that will air in March 2016, and it is still considered part of the Winter season. (And there are good schedule-related reasons to do that.)
Jan 31, 2016 6:34 AM

May 2015
» Watch an anime recommended to you by another Anime Watching Challenge participant
» Watch an anime that another user has watched for this challenge

If someone could help me by recommending me an anime (that happens to not be on my plan to watch list) that would be great. Something that's relatively unknown and not ecchi/harem if you can help it.
Jan 31, 2016 6:56 AM

Mar 2013
subspace said:
» Watch an anime recommended to you by another Anime Watching Challenge participant

If someone could help me by recommending me an anime (that happens to not be on my plan to watch list) that would be great. Something that's relatively unknown and not ecchi/harem if you can help it.

Kids on the Slope or FLCL for the recommendation

The first Berserk movie is the only thing I can suggest you from the stuff. Everything else you've either seen, is airing, is ecchi, or is one of the 9 entries on my list from Major. You'd probably be better served just scrolling up or down from your entry and seeing if there is something you might like.
Jan 31, 2016 7:14 AM

Jan 2015
subspace said:

For the recomendation try JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken (TV), Working!!, or Toradora. All three are really good (I rated Toradora and Jojo a 10 and Working!! a 9)

Something I watched for this challenge is Ghost Stories (Which you have to watched dubbed or else you will hate it) and JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken: Stardust Crusaders (Which is the sequel to the Jojo I recommended to you up there)
Jan 31, 2016 7:49 AM
Sep 2015
How does the "Anime recommended from another user" thing work?
I just ask here and wait for someone to recommend me something?
Jan 31, 2016 8:02 AM

Apr 2011
About the challenge dealing with "an anime that hast been on your PTW list for a long time" thing.... last year, I adopted a style where only anime from the following season is in there and anything from the current season is to be deleted/moved two months after airing. Basically, in Fall 15, I added stuff from Winter 16 and if I haven't yet started watching them by March, I delete them. That kinda format. Anyway, what I'm trying to say is, nothing stays on my PTW list for a "long time".

I do have a lot of download links bookmarked and have an entire folder for stuff I have downloaded, but haven't yet started watching, so can I use anime from either of those.... or is 2 months long enough?
Jan 31, 2016 8:16 AM

Jan 2015
I need a recommendation of an anime that starts with the letter Y for the "Watch an anime that starts with the same last letter as your username"

Please no Romances, thanks!
Jan 31, 2016 8:26 AM

Mar 2013
@AudioTsunami I will use Dennou in a different category so
again can someone recommend me an anime with the following criteria:

- not more than 2-cours
- with Comedy tag on it
- NOT slice-of-life
- NOT segmented

also, can someone recommend an anime with live-action except from the following:
- GTO
- Gokusen
- Initial D
- Kuroshitsuji (haven't watched the live action)
much better if it does not have Romance tag on it. but i won't restrict it.
raviel_kenJan 31, 2016 8:29 AM

Jan 31, 2016 8:34 AM
Jul 2018
raviel_ken said:

- not more than 2-cours
- with Comedy tag on it
- NOT slice-of-life
- NOT segmented

also, can someone recommend an anime with live-action except from the following:
- GTO
- Gokusen
- Initial D

Anime with live action: Bartender 11 eps, no romance ^_^
Jan 31, 2016 8:45 AM

Mar 2013
@nikochin anything else? my gut feeling says that I might not like it so screw my gut feeling. LOL
need one more title for the live-action category.

Scraps said:

http://myanimelist.net/anime/10187/Hen_Zemi_TV (they're short and the only connection is a 2 part ova if you need a full finish of all associated)

Don't watch much live action but a quick search here's some more popular titles you'd easily find the live action adaptation for streaming if needed.
http://myanimelist.net/anime/3002/Gyakkyou_Burai_Kaiji__Ultimate_Survivor?q=Kaiji%20
http://myanimelist.net/anime/1535/Death_Note?q=death%20not
http://myanimelist.net/anime/16498/Shingeki_no_Kyojin?q=attack%20on%20t

already watched both live action and anime except for Kaiji, which I already deleted for some reasons...
raviel_kenJan 31, 2016 8:50 AM

Jan 31, 2016 9:53 AM

Mar 2013
raviel_ken said:

- not more than 2-cours
- with Comedy tag on it
- NOT slice-of-life
- NOT segmented

- GTO
- Gokusen
- Initial D

Live Action
Tiger and Bunny
Gungrave

Comedy with ridiculous restrictions
Ninja Boy
Mawaru Penguindrum
Kobato.
Tiger and Bunny also works for this
Jan 31, 2016 9:57 AM

Mar 2013
DeathProxy said:
I need a recommendation of an anime that starts with the letter Y for the "Watch an anime that starts with the same last letter as your username"

Please no Romances, thanks!

Tatami Galaxy(proper name starts with a long Y word)
Yowapeda
Yu Yu Hakusho if you want to go HAM.

Zekromaster said:
How does the "Anime recommended from another user" thing work?
I just ask here and wait for someone to recommend me something?

Yeah, I'll recommend you a few things

The Devil is A Part-Timer
Psycho Pass
Kids on the slope
AudioTsunamiJan 31, 2016 10:04 AM
Jan 31, 2016 3:08 PM

Dec 2010
I need some kind soul to provide a recommendation for the "Watch an anime recommended to you by another Anime Watching Challenge participant" challenge. Thanks in advance :)
Jan 31, 2016 3:18 PM
Jul 2018
BanzaiJedi said:
I need some kind soul to provide a recommendation for the "Watch an anime recommended to you by another Anime Watching Challenge participant" challenge. Thanks in advance :)

What about Natsume's Book of Friends? ^_^ It's a brill series, IMHO.
Jan 31, 2016 3:20 PM

Dec 2010
nikochin said:
BanzaiJedi said:

Oh! I've always wanted to see that and never gotten around to it. That will do very nicely, thanks very much.
Jan 31, 2016 3:49 PM
Jul 2018
BanzaiJedi said:
nikochin said:

Oh! I've always wanted to see that and never gotten around to it. That will do very nicely, thanks very much.

You're welcome! ^_^ And good luck with the challenge!
Jan 31, 2016 9:54 PM

Jan 2011
I want to complete the entire challenge but I can't fulfill this
» Watch an anime which began airing between 1917 and 1940
stipulation in the bonus section. Out of the possible anime to watch that I couldn't find I PMed near 50 people who had it set to 'complete' with a rating asking where they saw certain titles. Half the people have replied back so far but they were empty handed with as much amnesia as a harem protag's childhood. And I don't think anyone in the other half will reply back with a positive lead either if they reply back at all.
Can I watch two anime from the "1941-1960" instead since I literally cannot watch one from "1917-1940"?
Jan 31, 2016 10:08 PM

Oct 2014
lanblade said:
stipulation in the bonus section. Out of the possible anime to watch that I couldn't find I PMed near 50 people who had it set to 'complete' with a rating asking where they saw certain titles. Half the people have replied back so far but they were empty handed with as much amnesia as a harem protag's childhood. And I don't think anyone in the other half will reply back with a positive lead either if they reply back at all.
Can I watch two anime from the "1941-1960" instead since I literally cannot watch one from "1917-1940"?
What anime from that time period have you not seen?

I have heard of people rewatching anime when they've seen all possible anime for that challenge already.
Jan 31, 2016 10:23 PM

Jan 2011
zombie_pegasus said:
lanblade said:

I have heard of people rewatching anime when they've seen all possible anime for that challenge already.

http://myanimelist.net/anime/24981/Yowamushi_Chinsengumi/
http://myanimelist.net/anime/23089/Ponsuke_no_Haru/
http://myanimelist.net/anime/10758/Momotarou/
http://myanimelist.net/anime/7495/Nonki_na_Tou-san_Ryuuguu_Mairi/
http://myanimelist.net/anime/10757/Kachikachi_Yama/
http://myanimelist.net/anime/24857/Akagaki_Genzou__Tokuri_no_Wakare/
http://myanimelist.net/anime/24881/Bunbuku_Chagama/
http://myanimelist.net/anime/7354/Chikara_to_Onna_no_Yo_no_Naka/
http://myanimelist.net/anime/7498/Doubutsu_Olympic_Taikai/

The rest of the titles that I haven't seen are "lost" as in Japan themselves don't have surviving footage to the point that the anime's entry doesn't even have a display image or they're museum-only films (so we get a display image but no footage) as stated by official Jap sites. These 9 are the only ones with an image and with no official statement saying they're museum-only.

I'm surprised other people have seen everything for a certain challenge stipulation. Heck, I'm at 6k+ completed anime and I've had no issue filling stuff out so far (sans this stipulation since so few anime exist to begin with for it).
Jan 31, 2016 10:55 PM

Mar 2013
Took me literally 30 seconds to find a stream of a 13 minute short film from that time period.
Jan 31, 2016 11:06 PM

Oct 2014
AudioTsunami said:
Took me literally 30 seconds to find a stream of a 13 minute short film from that time period.
You have literally 1/23 as many completed anime as lanblade. There are fewer than 150 anime from that time and many of them are not available online subbed or even raw. It is likely the challenge with the smallest pool to pick from and since most (if not all) of the anime from that time are 0-20 minutes long it is entirely plausible to watch every single one that can be found online. "Watch an anime from the cour you started MAL" also has a small pool, but in terms of how many hours it would take you to watch it all it isn't likely that you would have watched every anime available for it.
Feb 1, 2016 2:17 AM

Apr 2010
zombie_pegasus said:
"Watch an anime from the cour you started MAL" also has a small pool, but in terms of how many hours it would take you to watch it all it isn't likely that you would have watched every anime available for it.

It's possible to get close enough to it that none of the leftover choices look very appealing. (Like, Spring 2010 didn't have that many anime TV series, and aside from Maid-Sama, I'm down to tons of variations on Romance of the Three Kingdoms - including some Ikki Tousen and SD Gundam - and the likes of Kiss x Sis.)
Feb 1, 2016 2:59 AM

May 2012
I have troubles with "Watch an anime with children as the main cast". I read all the posts in this topic and I still haven't found proper series. Only Gakuen Alice seems right, but I've already watched it.

Maybe Kyou no Go no Ni (2008) counts? I'm confused about " This anime goes around the normal lives of some elementary school (5th grade, 2nd class room) kids and their adventures, while turning to teens." How old are they at the end of the series? Can someone who watched it tell me if it counts?

+ Any other ideas? I'm not interested in OVA's and Movies.
Feb 1, 2016 3:35 AM

Jul 2014
@wiedzminek
I'm using Dennou Coil for "Watch an anime with children as the main cast", the main cast looks like childrens and the other name of this series is Coil - A Circle of Children, so I think it counts
Feb 1, 2016 4:39 AM

Mar 2011
Hey, I need a recommendation for the challenge. Thanks everyone.
Feb 1, 2016 4:56 AM

Sep 2011
TowardsTheStars said:
Throwin' a few older series at ya haha

A few options:
Kemono no Souja Erin
Blue Seed
Princess Princess
Devil Survivor 2 The Animation
Feb 1, 2016 5:47 AM

Apr 2015
TowardsTheStars said:

Bokura wa Minna Kawaisou
Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun
Noragami
Zetsuen no Tempest
Feb 1, 2016 6:03 AM

Sep 2013
lanblade said:
zombie_pegasus said:

http://myanimelist.net/anime/24981/Yowamushi_Chinsengumi/
http://myanimelist.net/anime/23089/Ponsuke_no_Haru/
http://myanimelist.net/anime/10758/Momotarou/
http://myanimelist.net/anime/7495/Nonki_na_Tou-san_Ryuuguu_Mairi/
http://myanimelist.net/anime/10757/Kachikachi_Yama/
http://myanimelist.net/anime/24857/Akagaki_Genzou__Tokuri_no_Wakare/
http://myanimelist.net/anime/24881/Bunbuku_Chagama/
http://myanimelist.net/anime/7354/Chikara_to_Onna_no_Yo_no_Naka/
http://myanimelist.net/anime/7498/Doubutsu_Olympic_Taikai/

The rest of the titles that I haven't seen are "lost" as in Japan themselves don't have surviving footage to the point that the anime's entry doesn't even have a display image or they're museum-only films (so we get a display image but no footage) as stated by official Jap sites. These 9 are the only ones with an image and with no official statement saying they're museum-only.

I'm surprised other people have seen everything for a certain challenge stipulation. Heck, I'm at 6k+ completed anime and I've had no issue filling stuff out so far (sans this stipulation since so few anime exist to begin with for it).

I researched a bit online, but did unfortunately not find any of the anime you listed.
It is a cheap cop out, but rewatching anime is possible for the challenge. Is there one that you particularly liked and want you wach again? Or just watch one of the minute-long anime from that time if you just want to be done with this stipulation.
Feb 1, 2016 6:11 AM
Sep 2015
For the Watch an anime that has been on your Plan to Watch list for too long challenge, can I use an anime that isn't on my MAL PTW? My PTW list isn't on MAL as it's too long to copy it.

I keep it on Notepad++.
Feb 1, 2016 6:46 AM

Mar 2013
Jhiday said:
zombie_pegasus said:
"Watch an anime from the cour you started MAL" also has a small pool, but in terms of how many hours it would take you to watch it all it isn't likely that you would have watched every anime available for it.

It's possible to get close enough to it that none of the leftover choices look very appealing. (Like, Spring 2010 didn't have that many anime TV series, and aside from Maid-Sama, I'm down to tons of variations on Romance of the Three Kingdoms - including some Ikki Tousen and SD Gundam - and the likes of Kiss x Sis.)

There's a big difference between "no options" and "only bad options"

@zombie_pegasus: my bad, didn't realize he was literally the anime watching champion of the world. 8,000 shows parsed. Jesus.
Feb 1, 2016 1:31 PM

Jan 2008
Any suggestion for a show that focuses on couples? 1-cour or less please.~
Feb 1, 2016 1:43 PM

Aug 2015
Rojo said:

I'm going to watch Toradora for that one; also noticed you haven't watched this one yet.
Feb 1, 2016 2:08 PM

May 2008
Rojo said:

Try Nazo no Kanojo X or Akagami no Shirayuki-hime
Feb 1, 2016 3:10 PM

Jan 2008
Puchkov said:
Rojo said:

I'm going to watch Toradora for that one; also noticed you haven't watched this one yet.

Oooh good idea!! I'll give this a shot for it!!!

@Setzer I'll use Shirayuki-hime for one of my other ones. Thanks!!
Feb 1, 2016 5:19 PM

Jan 2011
AudioTsunami said:
Jhiday said:

There's a big difference between "no options" and "only bad options"

@zombie_pegasus: my bad, didn't realize he was literally the anime watching champion of the world. 8,000 shows parsed. Jesus.

Yea that's why I'm here. The whole challenge for me has been "only bad options" but at least there were options. The "cour you started MAL" made me fish out Stan Lee's Wolverine anime from my dropped list because it was one of 4 choices left (with the other 3 being tumblr the anime or they already look inbred incest or secretly homos). Wolverine was so riveting it got the amazing high rating of 3 from me. >_>

delija9091 said:

I researched a bit online, but did unfortunately not find any of the anime you listed.
It is a cheap cop out, but rewatching anime is possible for the challenge. Is there one that you particularly liked and want you wach again? Or just watch one of the minute-long anime from that time if you just want to be done with this stipulation.

A few more people replied to my PMs today and they're still empty handed. I guess I'll just rewatch one of the 1 min ones then. It's not like any of the oldies are intrinsically good anyway.

Perhaps next year we could have an overflow section for things that are interchangeably only if you've feasibly watched everything in the stipulation? Such as the "» Watch an anime that starts with the same last letter as your username", if you've got a username that starts with X you've got ~24 subbed anime to choose from. Which a lot of people might have already completed since a bunch come from the CLAMPverse franchise.
Feb 1, 2016 6:32 PM

Jun 2015
Recommend an anime that's three cours long please.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 1, 2016 6:43 PM

Sep 2012
So I can re-watch an anime and count it towards the challenge? Is there a way for the admins to check if I rewatched it?
Feb 2, 2016 9:37 AM

Jan 2015
Sup!
I need a good anime adapted from a novel, light novel or video game
No Romances please. Thanks!
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (65) « First ... « 22 23 [24] 25 26 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Do you drop shows?

EverRealm - 16 minutes ago

3 by Serafos »»
3 minutes ago

Poll: » do you consider hate on your favorites an attack on you personally?

deg - 2 hours ago

9 by Kushna »»
7 minutes ago

Poll: » So, is anime male or female?

Tirinchas - Yesterday

22 by Theo1899 »»
15 minutes ago

» Does being an anime fan make you proud or embarassed?

BuddhaIsBetter - 4 hours ago

19 by Zakception »»
17 minutes ago

» ❄️ Anime Winter 2024 Male Characters Tournament ( 1 2 3 4 )

ISeeLifePeople - Apr 14

164 by JaniSIr »»
21 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.