Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (65) « First ... « 21 22 [23] 24 25 » ... Last »
Jan 27, 2016 8:57 AM

Oct 2008
ObliviousOkapi said:

Also, somebody recommend an anime I can watch for the 'Watch an anime a Challenge Participant recommended to you' challenge!
Here's my challenge list!

I recommend Mouryou no Hako. It's a bit similar to Subete ga F ni naru, so you might like it :)

Jan 27, 2016 9:48 AM

Oct 2014
ObliviousOkapi said:
@SheyCroix
1. Can you rewatch a show for any category other than the 'Rewatch a show' one?
2. If you pick a long running show that you don't expect to get over within the year, when can you say you've 'completed' the show for the challenge?

Also, somebody recommend an anime I can watch for the 'Watch an anime a Challenge Participant recommended to you' challenge!
Here's my challenge list!
1. There are some challenges where the options are actually exhaustible ("same season you joined MAL" and "between 1917 and 1940" for example). In this case if you have already watched all of the anime that fit the challenge then you must rewatch one. For anime where you still have options left then you should either look harder or ask here for which ones you can watch. The challenge does state that you should try some stuff out of your comfort zone so as long as there are anime that fit the challenge that you haven't watched and are subtitled into English then you should try those anime. If you've watched most of the anime that fit the challenge and none of the remaining ones interest you I think it would be okay to rewatch an anime for that challenge.
2. You can't use a long runner that you started watching prior to 2016. If you choose to use a long runner then you must have watched all currently aired episodes when you turn in your form.
Jan 27, 2016 11:33 AM

Jan 2013
About the non-human main character thing. Can the character originally be human but turn into something non-human?

Basically I started watching a show for the criteria but I noticed that in the beginning the main characters seem to be all human apart from one (apparently they'll all become non-human at some point), but spoiling myself I learned and even the last main was originally human, even though at the beginning of the anime they had already become non-human.

So I was just wondering if I can use the anime I started for this criteria or if I should just look for something else.
Jan 27, 2016 11:39 AM

Dec 2012
Anyone have any recommendations for me for the challenge?

Also, in regards to the challenge:

1. Do the "demographics" questions only apply to Seinen, Shounen, Shoujo, and Josei? I'm not familiar with any other demographic categories commonly used for anime.
2. For the "studio/director/composer you don't know" challenge, the explanation says "i.e. you haven't seen anything by them before." Is this intended as a hard and fast rule or just as a general explanation of what the challenge means? I'm asking because I "don't know" the director or composer for the vast majority of anime I've watched, simply because I've never bothered to look them up.
Jan 27, 2016 11:54 AM

May 2008
opondica said:
Anyone have any recommendations for me for the challenge?

Also, in regards to the challenge:

1. Do the "demographics" questions only apply to Seinen, Shounen, Shoujo, and Josei? I'm not familiar with any other demographic categories commonly used for anime.
2. For the "studio/director/composer you don't know" challenge, the explanation says "i.e. you haven't seen anything by them before." Is this intended as a hard and fast rule or just as a general explanation of what the challenge means? I'm asking because I "don't know" the director or composer for the vast majority of anime I've watched, simply because I've never bothered to look them up.

1 - Yes, those

2 - If you are having trouble with that one you can use the currently airing Ojisan to Marshmallow. It's short, fun and both of the directors are pretty new. I checked you list and you haven't watched any other anime directed by them.
Jan 27, 2016 5:30 PM

Jan 2008
@Setzer Ahh!! Thanks for the new suggestion aha!!

Anyone have any idea what anime had a protagonist with green hair... >_< 1-cour or movie if possible.

Also, not sure if I'm being dumb or just unlucky, but with the tropes one, I've been hitting random for about 10 mins now and I'm getting nothing... Do I continue to hit it till an anime shows up or am I missing something?
Jan 27, 2016 5:38 PM

Oct 2014
Rojo said:

Anyone have any idea what anime had a protagonist with green hair... >_< 1-cour or movie if possible.

Also, not sure if I'm being dumb or just unlucky, but with the tropes one, I've been hitting random for about 10 mins now and I'm getting nothing... Do I continue to hit it till an anime shows up or am I missing something?
There are some tropes in which there are no anime examples, but it shouldn't take many times at all before you get one that has anime examples (I'm pretty sure at least half of the tropes have anime examples). Beside the random trope button there is also a random media button so you may be using that button by accident.

Muromi-san has a protagonist with green hair and is half cour (13 x 12).
zombie_pegasusJan 27, 2016 5:43 PM
Jan 27, 2016 5:48 PM

Jan 2008
zombie_pegasus said:
Rojo said:

There are some tropes in which there are no anime examples, but it shouldn't take many times at all before you get one that has anime examples (I'm pretty sure at least half of the tropes have anime examples). Beside the random trope button there is also a random media button so you may be using that button by accident.

Ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh... Aha... That would explain where I was going wrong... Aha thanks!!
Jan 27, 2016 11:26 PM
Aug 2015
Watch a short anime
  i.e. 15 minutes per episode or less
Can a 9 minute 5 episode OVA be used?
Jan 28, 2016 12:55 AM

Jul 2015
Lorundil said:
Watch a short anime
  i.e. 15 minutes per episode or less
Can a 9 minute 5 episode OVA be used?

Yes, you can definitely use that OVA.

Jan 28, 2016 2:12 AM

May 2008
Does anyone have any recommendations for the "adults as the main cast" and "original anime" challenges that are 1-cour? I'm completely stumped on the adult one, since pretty much everything I'm interested in takes place in high school lol. And I'm too lazy to find an original anime.
Jan 28, 2016 2:26 AM

Aug 2013
Zazie122 said:
Does anyone have any recommendations for the "adults as the main cast"?

You could watch Psycho-Pass, I think they're maybe in their 30s and it has 11 episodes
Jan 28, 2016 4:28 AM

Oct 2008
Zazie122 said:
Does anyone have any recommendations for the "adults as the main cast" and "original anime" challenges that are 1-cour? I'm completely stumped on the adult one, since pretty much everything I'm interested in takes place in high school lol. And I'm too lazy to find an original anime.

Original anime: Tokyo Magnitude 8.0 It's about what happens when a magnitude 8 earthquake hits Tokyo. It has 11 episodes...

Jan 28, 2016 4:40 AM

May 2008
simon443 said:

You could watch Psycho-Pass, I think they're maybe in their 30s and it has 11 episodes

I assume you're referring to the edited version or whatever it's called, but the MAL entry has it at 22 episodes. I'll watch it one of these days, though. I just know that if I have anything longer than 1cour for too many of the challenges I'll never actually finish anything lol. Thanks anyway though!

Maron1 said:

Original anime: Tokyo Magnitude 8.0 It's about what happens when a magnitude 8 earthquake hits Tokyo. It has 11 episodes...

That could work! Unless I find something that's more to my tastes (I'm fujoshi trash but I also enjoy shitty harems) I'll probably use this since it's short. Thanks as well!
Jan 28, 2016 6:09 AM

Aug 2013
Zazie122 said:

I assume you're referring to the edited version or whatever it's called, but the MAL entry has it at 22 episodes. I'll watch it one of these days, though. I just know that if I have anything longer than 1cour for too many of the challenges I'll never actually finish anything lol. Thanks anyway though!

Sorry about that. I see Death Parade in your plan to watch list, that one should have an adult cast and is 12 episodes (this time I checked MAL) but i'm not too sure about it since i haven't seen it myself
Jan 28, 2016 8:00 AM

Mar 2013
Zazie122 said:
Does anyone have any recommendations for the "adults as the main cast" and "original anime" challenges that are 1-cour? .

Kaiba and Tokyo Magnitude(as suggested) work for Original.

Gangsta, Tatami Galaxy, Golden Boy(6 eps), Redline.(movie), are all adults as main cast.
Jan 28, 2016 8:57 AM

Sep 2013
simon443 said:
Zazie122 said:

Sorry about that. I see Death Parade in your plan to watch list, that one should have an adult cast and is 12 episodes (this time I checked MAL) but i'm not too sure about it since i haven't seen it myself

You probaby just mixed up the seasons since Pyscho-Pass season 2 has 11 episodes, while season 1 has 22.

Death Parades main cast consists of adults so that should work for the challenge.
Jan 28, 2016 9:10 AM

Apr 2007
Hello. Please help me with this one?

» Watch an anime recommended to you by another Anime Watching Challenge participant

I would prefer if wasn't a title already on my currently watching, completed, on hold or sign-up form.
Jan 28, 2016 10:56 AM

Mar 2014
shadowchild23 said:
Kilari59 said:
Hello~
I'm looking for a recommendation for :

» Watch an anime recommended to you by another Anime Watching Challenge participant

I don't mind the genre, it can be everything :) Thanks in advance!
(Here's my Sign-up form)

Just took a quick look into your list and I have a strong feeling that you might enjoy Usagi Drop.
Give it a shot :)

Thanks a lot for your message, I was planning to watch Usagi Drop someday as it seems to be quite popular, so that's a good occasion! I'm gonna watch it then! :)

AudioTsunami said:
Beck
Uchouten Kazoku
Nodame Cantabile
Sakamichi no Apollon

Is this message for me?
If then, thanks a lot, I'll check out these anime too!
Jan 28, 2016 10:57 AM

Mar 2013
@Ginger_Snap
~~~
Barakamon
Ore Monogatari
Kemonozune
Jan 28, 2016 11:13 AM

Apr 2007
AudioTsunami said:
@Ginger_Snap
~~~
Barakamon
Ore Monogatari
Kemonozune

Thank you so much for the recommendations. :)
Jan 29, 2016 12:29 AM

Oct 2011
Can I use "Ima, Soko ni Iru Boku" for my anime where the main cast are children? If not, any recommendations?? I'm kinda having trouble finding shows for this category. Please~??
Tendon_UnajuuJan 29, 2016 3:39 AM
Jan 29, 2016 3:03 AM
Dec 2014
May I have an anime reccomendation for "Watch an anime recommended to you by another Anime Watching Challenge participant"? Also is Kantai Collection suitable for the "Mainly 1 gender cast" anime? Thanks :D
Jan 29, 2016 3:25 AM

Jul 2014
Erlauris said:
May I have an anime reccomendation for "Watch an anime recommended to you by another Anime Watching Challenge participant"? Also is Kantai Collection suitable for the "Mainly 1 gender cast" anime? Thanks :D

You can go with KanColle

for rec
Gosick
K
Jan 29, 2016 4:15 PM

Oct 2011
SheyCroix said:
@Tendon_Unajuu No since Lala-Ru might be way too old.

Hey, thanks for the recommendations.
I have another question, can i use Ansatsu Kyoushitsu for the "Watch an anime with a non-human main character" category??
(Koro-sensei and Nagisa are listed as MCs, but the category says "a" non-human MC....so I guess just having Koro-sensei is okay??
Jan 29, 2016 4:20 PM

Apr 2013
@Tendon_Unajuu I think it should be enough. I'm using that one for my challenge too
Jan 29, 2016 5:02 PM
Apr 2013
@Setzer thanks for finding my list! I would have never found it.

Best Waifu: Holo - Spice and Wolf
Favorite Anime: Steins; Gate
Read my Wolf's Rain fanfic: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12618229/1/Finding-Paradise-Wolf-s-Rain
Jan 29, 2016 5:02 PM

Sep 2013
Tendon_Unajuu said:
SheyCroix said:
@Tendon_Unajuu No since Lala-Ru might be way too old.

Hey, thanks for the recommendations.
I have another question, can i use Ansatsu Kyoushitsu for the "Watch an anime with a non-human main character" category??
(Koro-sensei and Nagisa are listed as MCs, but the category says "a" non-human MC....so I guess just having Koro-sensei is okay??

You could also use it for the "mc is a professional in his field" challenge and watch Ushio to Tora 2nd season for "non-human mc" (You rated season 1 with a 9 so you are probably watching it anyway).
Jan 29, 2016 8:17 PM

Oct 2011
Sorry, another question on the "main cast as children" category. The signup sheet says (in italics) children should be 12 or under, and the FAQ says up to 14 is ok. So, is 14 okay then? (Can I use Hotaru no Haka?? one of the MC is 14). Thanx~
Jan 29, 2016 8:23 PM

Apr 2013
I'd like to be recommended some anime for "Watch an anime recommended to you by another Anime Watching Challenge participant". Thanks.
Jan 29, 2016 8:49 PM

Sep 2015
Lil-Bird said:
I'd like to be recommended some anime for "Watch an anime recommended to you by another Anime Watching Challenge participant". Thanks.

umm... I'd suggest Baccano.
You'll probably like it :)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 29, 2016 9:06 PM

Apr 2013
shadowchild23 said:
Lil-Bird said:

umm... I'd suggest Baccano.
You'll probably like it :)

Alright, been wanting to watch it for a while now for the challenge, and didn't know for what. Thank you :D.
Jan 30, 2016 4:01 AM

Jan 2013
OneGuy said:
December is in the Fall anime season, correct?

» Watch an anime that started airing the same season you joined MAL
Yes. ///////////////////////////
Jan 30, 2016 6:19 AM

Jan 2015
Could I get a shortish action anime that began airing between 1981 and 1990?

and another one for 1991-2000?

Thanks!
Jan 30, 2016 7:28 AM

Dec 2012
Pkfire0 said:

Thanks!
For 1991-2000, I recommend Trigun. Speaking of, it's really been years. I ought to make that my re-watch.
Jan 30, 2016 8:07 AM

May 2008
Pkfire0 said:

Thanks!

For the 80s challenge I'm going to use Wings of Honneamise. Other user also recommended me Gunbuster for this one.
Jan 30, 2016 8:29 AM

Mar 2013
Pkfire0 said:

Thanks!

Setzer already gave you my recs for the 80s. One is a movie the other is a 6 ep OVA that's a complete story

For 90s I went with Golden Boy but that isn't action. You could go with the Kyou kara Ore wa!!, Gunnm or the JoJo OVAs but most of them simply serve as advertisements for their respective manga. If you want something a little more substantial, you could go with 08th MS team.

Edit: parsing through the 90s made me realize how dominant some of those shows were. There were entire season where no new shows came out because YYH, DBZ, and Slam Dunk were all running concurrently. Along with super long running shows like Doraemon. Most of the shows that even got picked up were 3 core or more.
AudioTsunamiJan 30, 2016 8:41 AM
Jan 30, 2016 9:26 AM
a lil bean ✨

Feb 2011
aifukola said:
OneGuy said:
December is in the Fall anime season, correct?

» Watch an anime that started airing the same season you joined MAL

Nooooooooo, no, no,no x999999999 @OneGuy December is part of Winter.

Winter : December, January, February
Spring : March, April, May
Summer : June, July, August
Fall: September, October, November

Tendon_Unajuu said:
Sorry, another question on the "main cast as children" category. The signup sheet says (in italics) children should be 12 or under, and the FAQ says up to 14 is ok. So, is 14 okay then? (Can I use Hotaru no Haka?? one of the MC is 14). Thanx~

A few pages back it was explained why, but yes. You can go with that one.

HiScoreLoScoreAuction

Turn-InsAWCc

ᓚᘏᗢ

Jan 30, 2016 9:51 AM

Dec 2012
SheyCroix said:
aifukola said:

Considering my join date, I was a bit confused about this as well since technically the Fall lineup is still airing through December. So I take it we're referencing calendar seasons as opposed to anime ones?
Jan 30, 2016 9:56 AM

Apr 2013
Ratohnhaketon said:
SheyCroix said:

Considering my join date, I was a bit confused about this as well since technically the Fall lineup is still airing through December. So I take it we're referencing calendar seasons as opposed to anime ones?

They're referencing anime lineup seasons. December is the tail-end of the fall line-up, so pick something that was airing through December that started in October 2012.
Jan 30, 2016 9:58 AM
Jul 2018
@SheyCroix so are we talking about calendar seasons or anime seasons?? In the beginning I though we were talking about calendar seasons and was outraged when someone above said that December is part of autumn, but then I got used to the idea that this was about anime, after all, so it must have been referring to anime airing seasons. Which one is it then?
Jan 30, 2016 10:23 AM
a lil bean ✨

Feb 2011
@nikochin, @Ratohnhaketon

Since we are talking about an "Anime Challenge" is the anime lineup often used.... but the one I'm using here is the one used by MAL (the way they are dividing the seasons for the Seasonal Anime Page).

It would be what I said before:
SheyCroix said:

I do have to note that some anime, if aired in the last/early few days of the month, are included in the next/previous season... but there aren't that many like this. SO! for your selection of anime keep in mind my example.

HiScoreLoScoreAuction

Turn-InsAWCc

ᓚᘏᗢ

Jan 30, 2016 10:30 AM

Jan 2013
SheyCroix said:
aifukola said:

Okay I'm confused now. The earliest in the winter season always starts on January and ends in March. Also most winter season movies air in March, and then the new season starts in April, so isn't it like:

Winter : January, February, March
Spring : April, May, June
Summer: July, August, September
Fall : October, November, December

???????????????????
I mean if it isn't then okay, but I'm really confused.
Jan 30, 2016 10:34 AM

Sep 2014
aifukola said:
SheyCroix said:

Okay I'm confused now. The earliest in the winter season always starts on January and ends in March. Also most winter season movies air in March, and then the new season starts in April, so isn't it like:

???????????????????

Yeah, that Shey guy is obviously wrong. It's exactly like you posted there.

nikochin said:
@SheyCroix so are we talking about calendar seasons or anime seasons?? In the beginning I though we were talking about calendar seasons and was outraged when someone above said that December is part of autumn, but then I got used to the idea that this was about anime, after all, so it must have been referring to anime airing seasons. Which one is it then?

To be clear: Calender seasons and anime seasons are almost the same. Fall begins on the 21th of september and ends on the 21th of december in calender seasons. So yeah, most of december is indeed fall.
Jan 30, 2016 10:57 AM
a lil bean ✨

Feb 2011
aifukola said:

???????????????????

Miragee said:

Like I said
SheyCroix said:
.... but the one I'm using here is the one used by MAL (the way they are dividing the seasons for the Seasonal Anime Page).

@aifukola the one you mention is the one often used in almost everything... but the one I mentioned is the one used here in MAL. Try looking, for example, in the Winter pages and most of the seasons include December. If anyone has the time compare all the seasons for the past years in the Seasonal Anime Page to see what months are used/included.... (most of the time)

Miragee said:
To be clear: Calender seasons and anime seasons are almost the same. Fall begins on the 21th of september and ends on the 21th of december in calender seasons. So yeah, most of december is indeed fall.

but then again most of the shows aired in December are included in the Winter season here in MAL.

-------------------------------------------------------------------
[edit]

Ok went ahead and investigated/compared more to see why it's so confusing (lol) and I want to explain something.

Here in MAL the TV anime is often divided like this

but then for the rest (specials, movies, onas, ovas) they use the regular one

That indeed is a bit confusing.... then I was saying that the one used should be the TV one since that's the one I often use..... mm so for this challenge the months that are problematic would be December, March, June and September.... then let me think how I should work with this ...........

So to not make it so difficult I will use the season depending on what you pick. Let's say you joined in March. You can use either Winter or Spring BUT if you use Winter you have to watch anything not TV, if you go with Spring you have to watch a TV anime...........

I can't make this easier lol

HiScoreLoScoreAuction

Turn-InsAWCc

ᓚᘏᗢ

Jan 30, 2016 11:01 AM
Jul 2018
Miragee said:

Erm, actually, sorry to disappoint you, but no matter how you take it, December is always part of winter (unless we're talking about anime seasons, which, for the purpose of this challenge, we're not, as @SheyCroix says). So, not only is @SheyCroix not wrong, it's also her who makes the rules for this challenge.
Jan 30, 2016 11:07 AM
Jul 2018
@SheyCroix actually, that's really helpful (your last comment with the comparison and everything), I shall make a note of that as it's useful ^_^ thanks for taking the time to do that!
Jan 30, 2016 11:25 AM

Jan 2013
SheyCroix said:
aifukola said:

???????????????????

Miragee said:

Like I said
SheyCroix said:
.... but the one I'm using here is the one used by MAL (the way they are dividing the seasons for the Seasonal Anime Page).

@aifukola the one you mention is the one often used in almost everything... but the one I mentioned is the one used here in MAL. Try looking, for example, in the Winter pages and most of the seasons include December. If anyone has the time compare all the seasons for the past years in the Seasonal Anime Page to see what months are used/included.... (most of the time)

Miragee said:

but then again most of the shows aired in December are included in the Winter season here in MAL.

-------------------------------------------------------------------
[edit]

Ok went ahead and investigated/compared more to see why it's so confusing (lol) and I want to explain something.

Here in MAL the TV anime is often divided like this

but then for the rest (specials, movies, onas, ovas) they use the regular one

That indeed is a bit confusing.... then I was saying that the one used should be the TV one since that's the one I often use..... mm so for this challenge the months that are problematic would be December, March, June and September.... then let me think how I should work with this ...........

So to not make it so difficult I will use the season depending on what you pick. Let's say you joined in March. You can use either Winter or Spring BUT if you use Winter you have to watch anything not TV, if you go with Spring you have to watch a TV anime...........

I can't make this easier lol
I see where you're coming from. But I think the most simple way would be keep it like :

Because, most anime airing in December is still from fall, most in March is from winter, and so on... But I totally understand, some of the shows start at the end of the previous month, like December, but in this case, most still start only on January, and they will air until March. But as you like, I understand it in any case.

And @nikochin yes, December is part of the winter when it comes to calendar seasons, but from the beginning I was under the impression that we go by anime seasons, and for me it always just felt like it went like I said.
Jan 30, 2016 11:38 AM
Jul 2018
@aifukola I think most of the participants in the challenge were in the same boat with you (unlike me, by a lucky coincidence (?!)), but I was addressing @Miragee, not you.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (65) « First ... « 21 22 [23] 24 25 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Is it ok to finish anime you don't enjoy ?

Alpha_1_Zero - 5 hours ago

31 by Wolfyrinn »»
9 minutes ago

Poll: » Hentai is the worst anime genre ever created. ( 1 2 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Apr 17

92 by Skuletor »»
10 minutes ago

» Post the Last Anime Items you bought ( 1 2 )

SpeedyAlchemist - Mar 10

59 by SpeedyAlchemist »»
19 minutes ago

Poll: » Best Russian in anime

Catalano - Yesterday

38 by TheSFHero »»
45 minutes ago

» Character explaining their own power to opponent is stupid, why do they do that?

Rinrinka - 9 hours ago

33 by TRC_Randy »»
1 hour ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.