Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jul 18, 2008 3:52 AM

Feb 2008
I actually downloaded this episode by mistake and it ended up being a pleasent surprise. Cute art, cute chibis and cute ED. Voice acting is good.

It was a really fun watch, looks like this is a keeper.
Jul 19, 2008 9:00 AM

Apr 2008
I like it. I really like the character designs and I'm really glad the fanservice isn't a large part of the show, like I was afraid of. I'll continue to watch if not just for the animation.

Jul 20, 2008 9:00 AM

Jul 2007
Just watched ep 1 from Menclave, it's alittle beter then I expected but I don't think it's gonna be a superb anyone. Probably 7/10 from begin till end.

Oh and I love the cat thingy on Rin Rin's hair <3
Jul 20, 2008 9:55 PM

Mar 2007
Anyone else think about Ikkitousen when you saw the dragonhead blade and then hearing the girls name is Kanu??

...i dont know but it feels like it's trying to run off the success that is Ikkitousen. This feels like the Loli/Ecchi version of Ikkitousen. And they're doing their own take on the Three Kingdoms Theme. We'll find out if thats a good or bad thing. So far im enjoying it ^_^

...kinda hard buying the fact that Kanu was getting pwnd by a loli. But i did like how they did the time progression thing and the best selling point of the show...

THE BOUNCING BALL on the karoke!! Mad props to SRN for bringing back the Bouncing ball.
RanivusJul 20, 2008 10:20 PM

"What happens when we die?" I know that the ones who love us will miss us.
Jul 21, 2008 1:48 PM

Dec 2007
It looks good to me, IMO. lots of cute characters. The storyline is not bad to me. I don't think I will dropping this series any time. Even if it have heavy fanservice, I don't mind about that.
Aug 24, 2008 8:23 PM

Jul 2008
bleh dont care what people say i lke the show and it feel like we can expect allot of shoujo ai or atleast hope xD

aisha is hooooooot!!!!
Born to live
Born to die
Born to be, crucified
Give our souls and take our pride
Bleeding for the harder styles
Rising up, from the seed
Born to change, history
From the streets we unleash hell
Feel the power, decibel!! d(^.^)b
Sep 5, 2008 7:10 PM

May 2008
"Let's pee on her".
xD

For such a meaningless battle, that was pretty awesome.
I wasn't expecting someone who liked to play bandit to be so tough!
Badass loli is badass.

Well, this show just about has everything.
Gross humor(from girls no less, which makes it better)
Tough kickass females.
Tough kickass loli females.
Moe art.
Ecchi.

Yes, this pretty much has everything. I can tell I'm going to like this show.
ukonkiviSep 5, 2008 7:15 PM

Old avatar and sig retired for now.
Sep 23, 2008 4:55 PM

Aug 2008
ukonkivi said:
"Let's pee on her".
xD

I actually had a good laugh at that part :D

I'm somewhat an Ikkitousen fan (and at the same time I don't no sheep about chinese literature, and i'm having a hard time keeping up with the names), so I guess i'll give this show a try.

I didn't like Kanu's seiyuu and - as Wasted_Life had put it - the fact that she was pwned by the loli. Kanu is wtf invincible, you hear me?!
Oct 4, 2008 8:44 PM

May 2008
I would have been upset and offended if loli DIDN'T pwn Kanu.
FUCK YEAH CHOUHI!!

Old avatar and sig retired for now.
Oct 9, 2008 8:07 AM
Mar 2008
Cute characters and it looks fun.
Nov 6, 2008 1:23 PM

Mar 2008
I finally decided to watch this anime. First episode was ok, it's a bit surprising to heard the names, when you're familiar with Ikkitousen ^^

Nothing really fantastic at the moment, but it's still worht watching.
Jun 5, 2010 11:16 PM
Mar 2010
Having not been exposed to any of the Koihime Musou source material that they based the anime off of, I came in not knowing what to expect. And I got yet another anime based off of the same classic Chinese literature.

PROS: The generally light and warm art style and color choice will be welcomed by fans of similar series. The fight scene between Lin Lin/Rin Rin and Kan'u is choreographed surprisingly well and has me looking forward to seeing more fights. The weapon designs are very good, and the costume designs for the major characters that we have seen are not bad. Though something feels a little off about RinRin's voice acting, the voice acting in general is above average. The music fits the mood well, but is not too memorable. Though there is a bath scene and a few mildly perverted things here and there, it is far from being over-played. The animation quality is acceptable, though far from the best I've seen.

CONS: My major gripe here is the story. Granted that this is the introduction episode, the plot was extremely predictable. I am not interested in the plot at all. It is generic, bland, and underwhelming. The characters themselves seem to fit well into over-used character archetypes, especially RinRin. The fact that they gavethe two lead characters almost identical background stories makes it feel like the writers were just lazy. I sincerely hope that they delve deeper into the back story of each of them to hopefully make them unique from one another.

Rating: 5/10
Oct 28, 2010 10:27 AM

Sep 2008
Ha, that little girl that wanted to pee on Unchou was too adorable. ><;
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 30, 2011 5:41 PM

Feb 2010
RinRin <3
Apr 10, 2013 7:25 PM

Apr 2013
Kinda reminds me about Queen's Blade: Gyokuza wo Tsugu Mono, strong female characters with mains that wants to change the world for the good by gathering friends. That is what the first impression I get of ep 1 of Koihime.
Apr 14, 2014 5:57 AM

May 2012
The start of a nice journey! Pretty interesting start I must say, some nice characters and slight fanservice already together with a good portion of action and slight backstory! Well let's see what this anime has to offer us!
Aug 29, 2015 10:16 AM

Jan 2012
What a crybaby loli,bandits ftw.

Jan 28, 2016 6:15 PM
Jan 2016
I liked this show, but I thought Rinrin was way more cool then the main character. The main character didn't really stand out much if you ask me and she to damn gullible and takes order to much.

Anyways i'll think i'll watch all 3 season and see how it goes. Think I've seen 2 out of the 3 once before, but can't really remember much.

Favorite Character: Rinrin

Technically didn't think Rinrin lost that battle and crying has nothing to do with wining or losing. Rinrin could have beaten her silly by the look of things. Loli fighting girl kicks ass and does it well too.

Watching the fight seemed a little lame and the fact Kan'u. One I felt Kan'u was a little to strong if she could have kept up with Rin rin/lin lin. I feel that Kan'u should have gotten hit in the stomach chest someplace as long as it wasn't the blade itself. She should have came out of that fight with some broken ribs or bones it would made the fight that much better. So I think they could have either made Rin rin stronger, Kanu weaker, or three make Rin rin have two strong points (raw power and skill). The fight was okay, but i seen better at least let them get cut up some or have broken ribs would have made the battle that much better.

I guess i just wanted to see the Kanu get beat up badly so that way she'd get stronger after. the fight was okay, but way to much guarding her attacks kanu is lame. Also i think Kanu pole should have shattered or broke in half sense Kanu said she has more raw power. The real stupid one here is Kanu who is actually going to beat up and fight little kids seriously. Rin rin should have won this hands down if you ask me then again I don't care to much for Kanu.
HellHoundsJan 28, 2016 7:11 PM
Jan 29, 2016 9:27 PM

Oct 2010
HellHounds said:
I liked this show, but I thought Rinrin was way more cool then the main character. The main character didn't really stand out much if you ask me and she to damn gullible and takes order to much.

Funny--you and I seem to be just about the only people watching this eight-year-old show in 2016.

I like Rin Rin, too.

HellHounds said:
Anyways i'll think i'll watch all 3 season and see how it goes. Think I've seen 2 out of the 3 once before, but can't really remember much.

Wait, there are 3 seasons? Now I'm having second thoughts about watching this....
Jan 30, 2016 12:34 PM
Jan 2016
TheVulpix said:
HellHounds said:

Funny--you and I seem to be just about the only people watching this eight-year-old show in 2016.

I like Rin Rin, too.

HellHounds said:

Wait, there are 3 seasons? Now I'm having second thoughts about watching this....

Yeah there is 3 seasons... yeah although I wish Rinrin got stronger then all of them... I plan to do my own fan fiction of Rinrin as the main character still thinking of chapters at the moment. The title of it is The Solar Phoenix Grandmaster. I won't say to much about the story, but if i can do it right it will be awesome. Also it's the very first fan fiction with her which is why i'm doing it as I felt bad that there wasn't one yet haha...

Although I'm still curious I know it says she uses a spear, but what is the name of that weapon anyways. It seems to either be a chinese weapon or something. Think it's similar to Soul Calibur Seong Mi-Na so maybe it's a Naginata weapon then again I do not know. If anyone knows the weapon name that Rinrin uses that would help.
Jan 31, 2016 12:47 AM

Oct 2010
HellHounds said:
Although I'm still curious I know it says she uses a spear, but what is the name of that weapon anyways. It seems to either be a chinese weapon or something. Think it's similar to Soul Calibur Seong Mi-Na so maybe it's a Naginata weapon then again I do not know. If anyone knows the weapon name that Rinrin uses that would help.

I tried to do some research, but I can't find anything definitive. I'd be curious to know what type of spear Rin Rin uses, too.
Nov 14, 2017 12:46 PM
GetsugaTENSHO

Jul 2012
GREAT EPISODE !!!
張大です for 張大勇督察
Jan 26, 2018 2:25 AM

Sep 2012
that trap, first one was diversion & second was the real trap lol

so i guess its all female Harem considering OP & EP1 she will pick up awry girl warrior she meets on the road, in that case it should really have 20EP-26EP
MC/Unchou picking up girls to her team & i heard there is romance hints so add hints to it & it becomes harem

Sugram22Jan 26, 2018 6:14 AM
Oct 9, 2018 6:46 AM

Oct 2016
The kids are so cute.
Jun 7, 2021 11:09 AM

Feb 2020
Nice start. Better than I expected.

The characters are pretty and the story seems interesting.

Rin Rin got a big sister. She and Kan'u are cute together. :3

SerafosDec 5, 2023 6:44 AM
Sep 8, 2021 7:33 AM

Aug 2017
The first episode was much better than I expected. My only issue are comedy scenes but it wasn't that bad.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Oct 11, 2021 6:27 AM

Jan 2015
Lolllllllllll. Funny to read all these comments. The fact that no one mention of Kazuto (MC) is really amusing.
Rance X is A GOAT.
Jan 9, 2022 2:31 PM

Nov 2016
The mix of adventure, slapstick and ecchi should make for a fun light hearted watch.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Feb 3, 2023 7:04 PM

Nov 2010
7:08 I want to lick her armpits!
I didn't expect that brat to be that strong.
19:22 Damn, she's so beautiful with that long hair! Nice boobies.
Not bad so far. I like Kan'u; she's hot. She arouses me even though this is not hentai.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Koihime†Musou Episode 5 Discussion

SlaughterChichi - Aug 8, 2008

26 by Dywei »»
Jan 29, 5:58 AM

Poll: » Koihime†Musou Episode 9 Discussion

angel999 - Sep 3, 2008

27 by rafarab13 »»
Nov 5, 2023 3:06 PM

Poll: » Koihime†Musou Episode 8 Discussion

angel999 - Aug 27, 2008

28 by rafarab13 »»
Oct 22, 2023 11:39 AM

Poll: » Koihime†Musou Episode 11 Discussion

angel999 - Sep 17, 2008

37 by wildhood »»
Oct 16, 2023 11:53 AM

Poll: » Koihime†Musou Episode 6 Discussion

angel999 - Aug 12, 2008

22 by rafarab13 »»
Oct 15, 2023 3:41 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.