Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Erased
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (13) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »
Jan 29, 2016 11:38 AM

Sep 2011
Those feeels. I've been told there would be a huge cliffhanger. But until the end, it all was so happy and I got happy too :(

I think I will cry in the coming episodes, I feel it.
Jan 29, 2016 12:06 PM

Dec 2008
Jakerams said:
I want to dislike the anime for being generic but it's executed so perfectly I love it.
I don't think something being generic is necessarily a bad thing. Usually the reason something is labeled as generic is because it's based on a formula that works and people find interesting (or at least at one point found interesting). So in the end, I think someone striving to make a better version of a generic idea is a good thing.
Jan 29, 2016 12:39 PM

Apr 2012
holy ballz, this anime is just too good.
Jan 29, 2016 1:06 PM

Jul 2013
You know she dead.

I want to read the manga now.
Jan 29, 2016 1:20 PM

Jan 2016
It was a great episode, Kayo and Satoru are so cute.
That cliffhanger though, I wonder if Kayo was saved or if it's going to be like ...
Jan 29, 2016 1:20 PM

Jun 2015
RayAdha said:
Satoru's mom was really cool.....she was admirable, so far she is the most interesting character in this show.

Really I think the perverted future murderer is pretty mysterious as well as that Kenya guy.
Jan 29, 2016 1:35 PM

May 2014
To be honest that was really predictable. Tho Hinazuki is so adorable! And Satoru too. The "you're 29 years old, get a hold of yourself" comments were so hilarious. Really loving this series. It's a real struggle and quite tempting to pick up the manga, though I'm hanging in there so I have something to expect every single week! ><

gettttt dunked on!!!!!!
Jan 29, 2016 1:39 PM

Jul 2015
THE CLIFFHANGER NOOO (Tho I saw it from a mile away)! I really hope she's ok and nothing bad happened, but we all know that fate isn't changed so easily :/
Jan 29, 2016 2:12 PM

Nov 2014
ShadowTheRaven said:
Really I think the perverted future murderer is pretty mysterious as well as that Kenya guy.

Perverted how? And i dont think kenya is that mysterious since hes just talking to sensei about the birthday party. Its explained in this eps
Jakerams said:
Lots of visual novels use the same concept of going back in time to redo something. It's not really common in anime/manga.

I never read any LN like that. Care to recommand some?
Jan 29, 2016 2:19 PM

Jun 2015
ttcchen said:
ShadowTheRaven said:

Perverted how? And i dont think kenya is that mysterious since hes just talking to sensei about the birthday party. Its explained in this eps?
Remember the stuttering guy last ep I think, he had hentai manga sooooo. And maybe its just me but I'm really suspicious of Kenya, I get the feeling he knows something about the Revival thing, could just be me though.
Jan 29, 2016 2:33 PM

Jun 2013
Great episode but I have a terrible feeling in my stomach after the ending of the episode :£
Jan 29, 2016 3:00 PM
Nov 2014
They have adapted 12 chapters in 4 episodes, so at this pace another 8 chapters would adapt around 24 chapters give or take 1-2 depending on the plot. The manga is at 35 chapters right now so i think this show is going to adapt really well.
Jan 29, 2016 3:13 PM

Jul 2014
So much tension! but as always a great episode. Satoru's mother is a great woman "confront" that way Kayo's mother was undoubtedly the best way to stop her.

I had hopeful that Satoru could do something to change the future until the end. At least we could see Kayo very happy unlike the other timeline and I loved the chemistry there was between them.

Jan 29, 2016 3:28 PM
Aug 2014
Jakerams said:
I want to dislike the anime for being generic but it's executed so perfectly I love it.
You could check out my review for why I thought it wasn't generic but we all have opinions.
Jan 29, 2016 3:30 PM

Jun 2015
ttcchen said:
ShadowTheRaven said:

Perverted how? And i dont think kenya is that mysterious since hes just talking to sensei about the birthday party. Its explained in this eps
Jakerams said:
Lots of visual novels use the same concept of going back in time to redo something. It's not really common in anime/manga.

Visual novels aren't light novels but the question still stands (besides Steins;Gate, obviously).
Jan 29, 2016 3:57 PM
Oct 2013
Kaetokiha said:

Well it's your interpretation so let's just you're right.
Jan 29, 2016 3:58 PM
Nov 2015
damn, this show manages to be cute and happy at moments while keeping the drama always on point, 5/5
Jan 29, 2016 4:10 PM

Jan 2015
DON'T DO THIS TO US.......... DON'T KILL HER.........
Jan 29, 2016 4:30 PM

Jan 2013
Great episode once again.

Satorus mum is the real deal
Jan 29, 2016 5:09 PM

Oct 2013
Besides the great story and characters you got to give the show some props for having such a great atmosphere.

Also Satoru's mom..

Jan 29, 2016 5:19 PM
Jul 2018
Wow i thougt it was done so when i made ep 4 done i was be like im gonna watch this tonight, then i found out it's under work i saw the made in 2016 :3 wow i don't see many of them it was a rly great episode!
Jan 29, 2016 6:04 PM

Jun 2014
Satorou's mom is so great.

Another awesome episode. Seeing Kayo happy makes me happy. I'm so glad that his friends did all that for them, that's probably the best birthday Kayo ever had. Her face when she saw the mittens :')

But then the ending...I KNEW IT I KNEW IT I knew it was all too good to be true...I'm really worried about that cliffhanger...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 29, 2016 6:51 PM

Jun 2013
Kayo's mom reminds me of a former classmate's mom who slapped another kid because she thought the kid was annoying or some shit. Didn't know the parents of the kid were rich and sued her grave injury. Beats the fuck out of me why some morons think they can put their hands on another person's kid.

That segment where Satoru's mom went face-to-face with crackwhore mom was the highlight of the show.

This is one of the few series that I've been looking forward to watching every week. I'm also reading the manga.
臭い-
Jan 29, 2016 7:31 PM

Jun 2009
Knew something bad was gonna happen. Fuck.
jjihhyeFeb 10, 2016 11:03 AM

Jan 29, 2016 7:41 PM

Jul 2015
The suspense! Sweet moments were enjoyable.

I'm assuming that the parents have something to do with Hinazuki's absence.
Jan 29, 2016 7:52 PM
Towel Attendant

Dec 2014
Such a great anime series! The pacing is very nice with characters that you have feelings for .....be they good or suspicious. None of the main characters seem cardboard or "filler". Satoru's mom = 11/10........ The ending made me smile thinking "You got me.....I will be back next week."
Jan 29, 2016 8:08 PM

Aug 2011
It was obvious the happy ending wasn't going to happen that fast... can't wait for the next one :D Even though it's only 4th episode I got the feeling this will easily be one of my fav series. I dunno what I'm gonna do because you can only add 5 here

Edit: nvm they changed it since the last time I tried
azhra_10Jan 29, 2016 8:13 PM
Jan 29, 2016 8:33 PM

Apr 2012
Expected it that it would not be solved so easily otherwise the anime will end at ep.4, that "I'll give you the present tomorrow" flag is still pretty decent.
Affinity to MAL
Anime: 47.35%
Manga: 46.36%
Jan 29, 2016 8:36 PM

May 2013
Absorbing episode, as usual.
My anime blog
Latest Post: The Zero Requiem (Analysis of the Ending of Code Geass)
Jan 29, 2016 8:54 PM
Oct 2009
Thing is, since this is very much about him changing everything that went down and she's playing such an integral part in that story I can't see her staying dead even if she's actually dead.

I might be mistaken but her dying again and him being set onto the same path of destruction as last time seems, unlikely?
Jan 29, 2016 8:56 PM

Nov 2012
I feel that instead of Kayo being killed, her mother will be the one to die, not by the hands of Satoru, but by the hands of the murderer, the true one. This could be the cause of Hinazuki not coming to school.

If anything, some freak accident could've happened. Kayo's mother finally tempered up and decided to beat her up on her birthday. But with Kayo's feelings and encouragement from Satoru, she fought back. This fighting back caused some kind of accident and caused her mother to die to something. Thus, she doesn't come to school as she would be named a murderer.

Not much is revealed about Kayo's mother's plans or motives, but she's definitely pissed at Satoru for keeping his eye on her. If all ends bad, Satoru's going to get involved with the murder in person. He could get stabbed, bleed out, and then revival again. Yes, a revival inside a revival.

UsaraDarkJan 29, 2016 9:05 PM
I believe that unless you know for sure that you don't like a concept, you should keep exploring it. Whether it be characteristics of people or a genre of some sort, you never know if you don't like it until you've seen quality work corresponding to that genre. Keep exploring until you've found something you enjoy, or something of quality. Then you know what's bad, what's good, and what isn't for you.
( ・ㅂ・)و ̑̑ Everyday life.
Jan 29, 2016 9:07 PM
Sep 2014
Hongu said:
Great episode as usual, but as a manga reader the pacing in this series is starting to worry me. They intend to cover the whole manga in 12 episodes, yet they're been moving at such a snails pace ever since episode 2. I sense some major rushing and butchering coming later on in the series.

I only took a cursory glance at the chapter titles, but it seems like there are multiple loops in the manga. It's possible that they'll skip most of that by splicing and merging timelines so he either won'thave to redo it as many times or live through the next 18 years of his life till his mom dies in order to return to the past...or whatever.
Jan 29, 2016 9:26 PM
Dec 2009
That cliffhanger... Satoru should not have been so convinced that he had changed history yet. Just because the kidnaps/murders didn't happen on the same day doesn't mean they're not going to happen a few days or weeks later. :(

I hope this show helps raise awareness about child abuse...

Nexxkinn said:
And, another point of view from Satoru's mom proving that she still loves her child based on her clothes. Man, I don't even think that aspect.

I don't think she loves her daughter as much as she loves appearances. She wants the neighbors, people at school, and the town in general to think she loves her daughter and has a happy normal household. So making sure Kayo goes to school regularly (with bruises healed or hidden) and wearing nice clothes is necessary... :(
Jan 29, 2016 9:29 PM

Jan 2012
Anime of the season, love how each culprit has some screen time, yet there are no glaring signs that they are the one who will eventually commit the crime. Never really a dull moment while watching the episode, many of the scenes gave off the feeling of intensity and I'm quite certain that most fans of mystery would always have had their guards especially regarding the hints of deja vu that the MC was feeling uncertain of. Based on what the manga viewers have been saying, hopefully they don't rush through the series towards the end, A1 has been doing a fabulous job since ep. 1.
Live, Laugh, Love.

Jan 29, 2016 9:41 PM
Dec 2009
Kaetokiha said:
SigOpram said:

Satoru knows that the killer is specifically targeting Kayo. Despite not knowing the identity of the killer, he knows that the killer intends to kidnap and kill Kayo before her death in March 2. And not just Satoru, we as the viewers should know this since it was nicely explained in EP1 and EP2. No need for proof because what transpired is a fact that already happened in the past. It's historically proven.

How can you say the killer was targeting Kayo? We don't his intentions and he can be even a character that didn't appear yet in the story.
We know for a fact that Kayo was the first kid killed...that's it. We don't know why she was killed and because of this we can't say the killer was planning to kill her.

Satoru thinks the same thing...he even said that in this episode. Here some pics to prove that...

Satoru only knows that Kayo will be killed by someone, but he thinks she was target because she was always alone in the park (look at the picks) and the killer just saw her there and killed her. That's something that makes sense since a kid alone at night in a deserted area can be very dangerous IRL. He is probably not considering the fact that the killer may be someone he knows...which doesn't mean he is a fool for not thinking that. (there is no way he would know that)

This is why he can't search for the killer (because you can't search someone you don't even know) and that's why he is doing all these things. He is just trying to take Kayo from that lonely park...and he succeed in doing that since she was never there since they started to date.

The day he thought Kayo was kidnapped in the park was over and Kayo never went to that park, he was successful. How can you say he is a fool?

Maybe kayo wasn't kidnapped in the park after all (in the original past) and maybe something happened in her house, but since Satoru doesn't know that he only made efforts to prevent her to stay in the park.

Exactly. Satoru doesn't know if Kayo was specifically targeted or not. Only that she was killed before her 11th birthday, and that she was the FIRST in a serious of several kidnappings/murders. He knows her mom/family is abusing her but doesn't seem to suspect that was the cause of her death (he thinks it was because she spent hours alone ourside and was an easy target, as shown in the above screencaps).

I'm actually curious why Satoru is so focused only on Kayo. Maybe I missed something but she was the first to be kidnapped but not the only one, right? Just stopping her death might not stop the other kids from being abducted, or it might be that kids that didn't originally die get abducted.

When Satoru is asking Kayo's birthday on the stairs at school I think we see one of the other kids (Hiromi) who was 11, she invites Satoru to walk home together but he runs away to the teacher's room to search for Kayo's birthday. Watch the first 2 minutes of episode three and you can see the show three kids that were killed again. I apologize if I missed something...

The motives of the killer, whether Kayo was being targeting, whether the killer is someone the kids know or someone they've never met, if the killer acted alone or with a team, or whether or not all the kidnappings are even related (could be multiple people doing bad things all at the same time) is all unknown at this point I think (just from the anime)...
Jan 29, 2016 9:46 PM
Dec 2009
UsaraDark said:

Jan 29, 2016 10:05 PM

Sep 2009
looking forward next eps !!

Kayo's begins to open up to sato and she's too cute >//< but please sato..you're 29!! Hehe
I also have a bad feeling about yashiro gaku
MightyfallJan 29, 2016 10:23 PM
Jan 29, 2016 10:43 PM

Nov 2012
I knew there would be a imminent dreadful cliffhanger. Everything was going so happily well.
Jan 29, 2016 10:47 PM

Dec 2015
Can't stop humming the ending song. I just can't~

And HINA-CHAN.
PLEASE... BE CAREFUL ;-; I need to know what happens.... seriously pissed off with Hina's mom and I love Satoru's mom to death <3 but yeah... I don't want to wait a week =/ or, technically, five days~

"Because nothing makes one happier than being with the one you love."
~ Isla, Plastic Memories

Click my signature for my list ^^
Jan 29, 2016 10:49 PM

Nov 2014
Bibimbapski said:
Kayo's mom reminds me of a former classmate's mom who slapped another kid because she thought the kid was annoying or some shit. Didn't know the parents of the kid were rich and sued her grave injury. Beats the fuck out of me why some morons think they can put their hands on another person's kid.

Tho in this case the bitch is doing that to her own child
Jan 29, 2016 11:06 PM

Jan 2014
Great show. Nothing short of what I expected. However, I was worried throughout the whole episode and having some background with time travel, I was really worried. There are a lot of consequences when messing with the timeline and time "corrects" itself. There are some things that just cannot be changed.

I do hope Hinazuki is alive. I want to see a change.
Jan 29, 2016 11:20 PM

Aug 2013
Was pretty obvious that there was no way things were just going to be allowed to be happy for the sake of convenience the entire time. Death flag ending was Shigatsu level obvious, haha.

Mama Satoru is badass. You'd think if Satoru was actually smart, that would've been the best opportunity to change things right there. Your mom just saved your friend from having the shit beat out of her. She obviously witnessed it about ready to happen. She admits she probably knows what's going on. Would've been perfect for Satoru to say "Mom, isn't there anything at all you can do"? This would've eliminated the sketchy teacher as the middleman who "previously called" the CCC.

Sokah said:
Good but there are a few MAJOR problems. He keeps saying he's 29, but he really does act like a little kid. Also why does he think getting past the day will save her, it's not the day that kills her... Really everything he's doing isn't making a whole lot of sense to prevent her from being killed. I mean, think about it, if you went back in time to prevent someone from being killed by a serial killer, would you be doing what he's doing? Maybe if you really were a little kid, but not a 29 year old surely.

He's getting caught up in the moment. He narrates his thoughts in his head like an adult, but when surrounded by kids his own age, his mind would just automatically get swept up like that.

And about your second point. He has tunnel vision. He doesn't know what to do to fix everything. His mother's death triggered his 18 year reversal, and he doesn't know what caused it, how it happens or how to prevent it. It kind of makes sense that his first thought would be "maybe if she lives on this day then it'll fix things". If it doesn't, then it would mean it wasn't a random kidnap/murder, so now if it's not day, then he'd have to eliminate other factors. With having "X" day looming so heavily on his mind, those other factors never popped into his head.

-ShadowClaw- said:

I am also suspecting that when he said the dejavu...it means that he already traveled in the past repeatedly...but he cant remember anything...oh man this is so intense.

I'm thinking the same thing. I also think that perhaps his "revival" power stemmed from this incident, but he's gone back so many times his old memories have been sort of erased so he had no idea.

I cant say when it started; maybe his first revival was right after Kayo died the first time. Maybe it was after the 2nd or third victim died the first time. Whatever it was it sent him back in time to try again, and he failed. Another major opportunity connected to the original murders happens...sends him back again. Again, he fails and time passes. And then it happens AGAIN and AGAIN. He fails enough that his memories get hazy, and eventually no killings or kidnappings related to the originals happen for 18 years, so Satoru grows to be 29. (the side effect being that his revival power now kind of works on anyone about ready to suffer a tragedy). Now with his mom dying, and basically being the last death connected to the unsolved case, he was able to revive one last time to try again.

*I'm assuming this is how his power works because he's not stuck in a time loop. If he were, he'd just be looping back and forth every time Kayo died from the first time he failed to save her. But we can already tell that he's revived once (probably more than once), and that the death's of Kayo or the other two don't trigger a loop to reactivate the revival. So I thinks it's safe to assume that "revival" is like a one-and-done restart to change something, and if the change doesn't happen then time continues regardless, unless another critical and related incident happens.

Take for instance the kid he saved in the first episode. The revival happened, and then he stopped the dead truck driver from hitting him. Suppose he didn't. The kid probably would've been killed, but time would've continued. BUT, then say Satoru is standing there at the scene of the accident watching cops and emergency workers at the scene, and the dead kids dad shows up. Distraught and upset, and loses his sanity and kills himself right there. That critical event is related to the kids death and would probably trigger another revival at the original point where Satoru needed to stop the truck driver.

Nexxkinn said:
Good job, Satoru!

First of all, I'm just glad that he managed to stop her to abuse Hinazuki ( for a while, though). And, another point of view from Satoru's mom proving that she still loves her child based on her clothes. Man, I don't even think that aspect.

Her mother has great taste, anyway.

I don't think she put her in nice clothes because she loves her. I'm betting that she puts her in nice clothes because they distract from any potential bruises. And people would probably think that a nicely dressed girl lives in a loving home and doesn't get the shit beat out of her all the time.
Jan 29, 2016 11:25 PM

Aug 2013
Equitum said:
ttcchen said:

Visual novels aren't light novels but the question still stands (besides Steins;Gate, obviously).

http://myanimelist.net/anime/21845/Ushinawareta_Mirai_wo_Motomete
Jan 29, 2016 11:28 PM

May 2014
Satoru really got guts ~ XD
Ohh...I love kids
I love these two <3[url[/url]
Jan 30, 2016 12:18 AM

Dec 2009
A really heartwarming episode. Love the moments Satoru speaks his mind without realising. Always cracks me up. But while the episode seemed lighthearted I could just feel like something ominous or bad is going to happen.
Jan 30, 2016 12:32 AM

Jun 2009
haha, oh man. he really needs to stop saying things out loud that he means to think. but maybe he can't help it. maybe it's a side effect of time traveling so far back.

it's funny. all the suspects appear to have alibis. the teacher is marking tests, kenya is playing soccer, the mum is walking somewhere, the dad/mum's boyfriend is at a bar and yuuki appears to be at work. the most suspicious one is the mother IMO. anyway, either this is some A grade misdirection/red herring work or we've got another unknown player. i feel like he only managed to delay it by one day.

fuck, this show is such a nailbiter.
loghneckbeardJan 30, 2016 12:40 AM
Jan 30, 2016 1:05 AM

Apr 2013
Sigh, this anime is giving me Shisekai Yori/Steins;Gate vibes with these thriller cliffhangers >.<

5/5
Jan 30, 2016 1:43 AM

Dec 2012
Satoru made a good job to protect her. But he looks like he couldn't save her, it was predictable but well executed. It's really reminds me Steins;gate. I hope the next episodes will be as good.
Jan 30, 2016 2:39 AM

Dec 2013
so far, the anime is following the manga on the dot. i love this shit so much.

who else wanted to hug kayo when she was tearing up at the b-day party?
Jan 30, 2016 3:27 AM

Apr 2008
God damn it Nappa. The entire episode was tripping death flags like crazy, so the ending was not surprising. The last mystery that remains, is she dead or was she taken in by childcare organization.
I guess am banging my head against the wall until next Thursday.
Must.. Bang.
Not... Bang.
Read..... Bang.
Manga.... Bang bang bang.

Damn cliff hangers!
I shall know no fear as I am fear incarnated
Pages (13) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2016

1400 by bakakisima »»
Yesterday, 12:43 PM

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 17, 2016

1108 by bakakisima »»
Yesterday, 10:13 AM

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 4, 2016

769 by Jocku »»
Apr 17, 10:27 AM

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 10, 2016

900 by bakakisima »»
Apr 12, 2:03 PM

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 3, 2016

498 by bakakisima »»
Apr 11, 1:04 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.