Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 5 6 [7]
Jan 23, 2015 10:05 AM

Aug 2009
RufusLatro said:
HentaiPriest said:
You mean while he was reloading?...

But in episode 3 he needed "about 2 seconds" to reload :(
Dont confuse the Calico with the Contender.
Jan 23, 2015 10:57 AM

Nov 2013
RufusLatro said:
But...but...but!
Yes I think you should lol.
Jan 24, 2015 10:05 AM

Apr 2013
The preview to this episode made me think Maiya would bite the bullet this episode, and after a while when I thought she was safe, Irisviel was stabbed through the stomach. Good thing that she had the scabbard, though.
But damn! here I thought more people would be interested to put down Caster along with his Master, but no one except Lancer appeared. :(
Kiritsugu learned his lesson though -
don't waste time walking towards a near-death Master while slowly reloading a gun. Reload it immediately and shoot him in the head.
Mar 6, 2015 2:36 PM

Aug 2009
The only thing I notice on the screen is Lancer. :3
May 10, 2015 4:45 AM

Apr 2013
I thought this series was serious enough to let Iris die here. A bit disappointed since that simply seemed like plot shield at this point.
May 10, 2015 5:06 AM
Jun 2014
Gator said:
I thought this series was serious enough to let Iris die here. A bit disappointed since that simply seemed like plot shield at this point.

That is not plot armor.
Aug 15, 2015 10:04 PM
Jun 2014
This anime is getting pretty fucking shitty. Every fight thus far has been painfully predictible. It's also way too forgiving. Nothing happens, they just keep using cheap tricks and stop fights for no freaking reason, or have the wounded character vanish just to drag this on way longer than needed. The anime tries to surprise you with something dramatic, but it goes ahead and takes it back in a few second. It's like only the villains are allowed to die. And the supervillains will be left for last.

I can guess from this point (not exactly true, been thinking it from the very first episodes) that the victor of the series will be the one controlling Arthuria or that golden perfect prettyboy crap character. This anime is so forgiving, that i bet the writer of the series would feel bad if Arthuria were to die, or he might just have fallen in love with his biseinen character.
Sep 1, 2015 2:46 PM

May 2014
Stormen said:
This anime is getting pretty fucking shitty. Every fight thus far has been painfully predictible. It's also way too forgiving.

I fucking agree. A prime example of "plot forgiveness" would be when fucking Saber let Lancer save one of Lancer's masters. Fuck that. Emiya Kiritsugu should have killed that asshole of a master.

Stupid altruistic Saber acting all noble and shit. Weak, Saber cares less about winning and advantages than her own pride. I thought Archer was the one with an independent attribute?
3/5 for episode. Newest low.
Oct 25, 2015 4:34 PM

Sep 2015
xcllnt said:
Gator said:

That is not plot armor.

Avalon isn't a Plot Armor or Ass Pull. Anyone that read the V/N would know that as long as Avalon is by King Arthur that the wield of Avalon cannot die. It's part of King Arthurs legend the Sheath of Excalibur makes the wielder Invincible. When you saw them use Avalon as a Catalyst you should have known the Irisveil couldn't die as long as she kept it.

Now to get on topic Great Episode the battle scene's were nice as always along with amazing music. Saber and Lancer teaming up was epic but Saber betraying her master for selfish reasons was b.s to say the least. Kotomine was epic as well no doubt.

5/5
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/QcK_Dagger_HeaT&sclick=1][IMG]
Jan 29, 2016 12:58 PM

Apr 2014
There was some major horse shit in this episode. I understand the whole "honor code" between Saber and Lancer, but someone needs to die already. Like come the fuck on Maiya should have shot Kirei, but no because both of those dumb women sit there and think "oh the tree is shaking, I think Ill just watch" instead of trying to FUCKING DO SOMETHING.

I get that on episode 8 were only 1/3 of the way through Fate/ Zero but I think it would be fair to kill at least someone at this point. I swear if later on multiple characters die in one episode, I'm going to have a brain aneurysm.

Feb 23, 2016 11:29 PM

Jul 2007
Sakagami_Tomoyo said:
but someone needs to die already.

I get that on episode 8 were only 1/3 of the way through Fate/ Zero but I think it would be fair to kill at least someone at this point. I swear if later on multiple characters die in one episode, I'm going to have a brain aneurysm.

Its not a death game. Even then Zero already has way too much focus dying than needed which undermines the point of the franchise

Like come the fuck on Maiya should have shot Kirei, but no because both of those dumb women sit there and think "oh the tree is shaking, I think Ill just watch" instead of trying to FUCKING DO SOMETHING.

You severely underestimate Kirei's capabilities.
Feb 24, 2016 12:52 AM

Apr 2014
Fai said:

You severely underestimate Kirei's capabilities.

I think you completely missed the point of my comment there. I said that the women should have *tried* to do something rather than just standing there, regardless of whether or not they would have successfully defeated Kirei. I was talking about how illogical it is for them to just stand there.

Also, after having seen the rest of the series:

Mar 27, 2016 7:12 PM
Towel Attendant

Dec 2014
Natalie made some really nice bullets early on in Kiritsugu's life and they came in handy in this episode. I tend to agree that there needs to be some main characters dying......only the kids seem to be getting killed.
Apr 23, 2016 5:25 PM

Nov 2015
[Re-watch | BD version]

Fate/Zero shows me again its greatness. Great battles Servant vs Servant and Master vs Master, hell even a side Magus vs Master.
I gladly spot the song Manten from Kalafina in the battle of Kirei against Iri and Maiya. Very cute and fitting Iris' magic.
But, Kirei physical strength strengthened with magic was too much for that little tree =(

In the anime it's not obvious, but Irisviel does not like Maiya (for reasons you may already suspect) but in this episode she, despite these feelings, fights alongside Maiya to protect her husband.

This is the second time Kayneth escapes from a certain death in hands of Kiritsugu. Oh Saber... your master is angry. I mean, this episode could have ended in different ways but Saber's and Kiritsugu's previous decisions marked a path, and this was the outcome. May Lancer be another Heroic Spirit and Kiritsugu could have died. I mean, Kiritsugu is a killing machine but I do not think he'd be match for a servant, at least to one to one but... Anyway, he could have used a command spell to call Saber. Again, this episode could have turned out in different ways. Kiritsugu's Origin surely is a beast.

This was just another beautifully animated episode.
May 16, 2016 1:43 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
The death surrounds a Master, which one will fall the Lady of the Scythe?

--
La muerte rodea a un Master, ¿sobre cual caerá la Señora de la Guadaña?
Jul 26, 2016 7:24 AM

Jun 2016
I though that Eizenbern girl died, Kirei is sure a formidable enemy for Kiritsugu.
Sep 8, 2016 10:42 PM

Jul 2009
Nice fight!! Irisiviel seems to hold out on her own which is good!!

Kirei is such a powerful enemy, Though Emiya already predicted this well before battle. For such a mage. He really is smart and could have killed Kayneth.

Can't wait for the next episode!!
Oct 16, 2016 5:39 PM

Mar 2010
Shit I was ready for the silver haired girl to die.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Apr 25, 2017 9:56 PM
Dec 2016
Such amazing!!!! The way that Iri used magic too well, too pretty. It was fantastic!
Jan 18, 2018 6:36 AM

Aug 2017
Kirei is jealous that Kiritsugu has a harem while he doesn't.
Feb 9, 2018 10:43 PM

Mar 2016
Maiya should have shot Kirei Kotomine's ass when she had time
May 2, 2018 4:31 AM

Sep 2017
Death flags for both Iri and Maiya. I hope Saber and Iri kiss.

This episode is quite boring. I dunno what happened to Kiritsugu in the past, but it seemed like he was raped by the hospital nurse.

No one dies this episode. Worst episode ever. I would have been happy if Lancer's master or Caster died, but valiant honor and dramatic ending made it impossible.

Kirei is just as much as an asshole as Kiritsugu.

Maiya=worst assassin. Girl just waited there like a deer in headlights instead of fucking killing Kirei.

This sums it up.
Sakagami_Tomoyo said:
There was some major horse shit in this episode. I understand the whole "honor code" between Saber and Lancer, but someone needs to die already. Like come the fuck on Maiya should have shot Kirei, but no because both of those dumb women sit there and think "oh the tree is shaking, I think Ill just watch" instead of trying to FUCKING DO SOMETHING.

JeremiahOrangeMay 2, 2018 4:34 AM

Without change,we end up becoming the very person we hate.

I was dead until the moment I met you. I was a powerless corpse pretending to be alive. Living without power, without the ability to change my course, was bound to lead me to a slow death.

May 15, 2018 11:38 PM

Sep 2013
That's 8 episodes down and, correct me if I'm wrong (as I may very well be), but no one has been eliminated yet.

Let's go dadgummit...let's start seeing teams getting wiped out!

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Nov 3, 2018 9:57 AM

Feb 2015
I really like Rider, he's so carefree...

Now I hope they brutally get rid of Caster and his master asap!

It's dragging out for far too long.
Jan 22, 2019 7:59 AM
Jul 2018
Iri was pretty cool in this one, even if she almost died, good thing Kiritsugo used the Avalon tactic, as he will later do with Emiya wow.

Kirei beat up two chicks, Lancer's master almost died from Kiritsugo's special bullets, and Caster had his noble phantasm book damaged. Yeah, pretty fun overall.
May 2, 2019 2:18 AM

Sep 2014
they should have tag teamed him, but that wouldnt be anime enough I guess
and because of that he stabbed Iris! glad she is alright though

battles are very nice so far
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Jun 12, 2019 8:51 AM

Dec 2018
It's pretty ironic when the Servants are working together whilst the Masters are slaughtering each other.
He who smiles in a crisis has found someone to blame.
Aug 1, 2019 10:33 AM

Sep 2014
What the hell kind of hax is Kirei using wasn't expecting that damn.
I was ready to be sad when Iri got stabbed and Maiya roughed like that but glad they survived.
Kiritsugu sure won't be happy with that outcome eh.
Jan 26, 2020 8:40 AM

Dec 2014
Well Saber did outdone herself...hmm pretty nice
Mar 12, 2020 10:21 AM
Feb 2018
Good episode. I actually thought kirei killed Irisveil. So she kept it to heal her instead. Nice.
Jun 25, 2021 10:03 PM

Feb 2019
I was completely shocked when Kirei stabbed Irisviel, like what the hell? I really liked Irisviel. I was expecting her to die (I don't know her fate up to the main Fate series, I forgot and I only watched the Heaven's Feel movies), but not this quickly...

Glad that she had that Avalon on her. I hated Kirei from the movies, but now I hate him here too.

It was quite satisfying to see Archibald suffer in so much pain from that bullet Kiritsugu shot at him lol
Oct 28, 2021 3:46 AM

Dec 2012
Another intruder?
Kirei is coming.
Kayneth got shot.
Maiya killed Kirei?
Nope. Kirei got bulletproof clothing on.
DAMN! Dat elbow to the stomach. She not having kids.
Iri got Kirei tied to a tree.
Kirei broke free. LMAO
Dat Sutoraiku Ea!
Lancer cut the book.
Caster left.
A woman is talking to Kiritsugu.
Origin.
Mystic Code: Origin Bullet.

Another great episode. Kirei is a beast. Kayneth getting owned is so beautiful. See what happened when you didn't stay your ass home and focus only on Caster as instructed.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Nov 5, 2021 9:44 AM
Aug 2017
I love saber and lancer working together

Iri vs Kirei fucking amazing especially the OST

Kiritsugu fucked up that mage cunt big time with origin bullet gg

Dec 27, 2021 10:13 AM

Jun 2019
Kiritsugu nearly killed that man if not for Lancer there. Also, Kirei is so fucking strong. I was so worried about Iri there when he impaled her. I'm glad she's alright.
Apr 26, 2022 5:16 PM

Feb 2021
That was kinda dumb. Fights were slow, characters monologued for too long, they didn't die when they clearly should have, idk man. Things are happening but not enough is happening at the same time
Jun 12, 2022 11:02 AM
Nov 2020
Kiritsugu is so cool and badass but I don't like the fact that he's cheating on his beautiful and hot wife. Ok I'm getting annoyed at Caster on how he speaks its just WAY too creepy. Caster team needs to be destroyed ASAP.
Sep 9, 2022 11:43 PM
Jul 2018
Slowly building up to something, really looking forward to the rest of the episodes and the entire Fate/ series :)
Nov 6, 2022 2:05 PM

Apr 2022
I wasn't ready... Why did kirei stabbed her, did he think her blood would be purple?
“I won’t rely on anyone anymore. I don’t care if no one understands.” – Homura Akemi
Jan 8, 2023 12:03 PM
Dec 2021
ufotable is the best
Jan 19, 2023 1:09 PM

Dec 2020
Bruh, just how much asspull these overhyped shows will do. Why show what's not gonna happen anyway.

DBZ is the only show criticised for asspulls but almost every Anime does it. Which is even worse.
Feb 15, 2023 12:09 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
I still want to know what exactly the criteria for how masters are chosen, as well as which servants are chosen. Surely it isn't completely random isn't it? Because clearly the grail favours choosing people from these mage families. Or is it because they are the most experienced with magic and thus can summon servants the quickest? Then it would the the case of who can summon the servants first. I guess the first 7 people to do so will be the masters. In that case, it's not entirely random, but still Caster's master kind of just accidentally stumbled across Caster, and Rider's master simply just stole the artifact and boom, he's a master now. Could ANYONE who knew even a little bit of magic could have summoned Rider as their master, if they were the ones to steal the artifact? Speaking of artifacts, they are in fact CHOOSING which servant they get, right? Because even though it is not shown, it seems they have all gone through great lengths to acquire these (although Rider's artifact certainly was secured well enough, since just any kid could have gotten it). I understand that there's several to choose from from each of the 7 classes, (in these different routes, we've seen different Archers, Riders, Casters, Lancers, Assassins, Berserkers... heck we've seen two from each except for Saber stays throughout) so what if two masters try summoning from the Archer class? Will it be whoever gets their Archer first, and the other will have to resort to summoning from another class? How does the Grail pick and choose these people? And for the Grail itself, does it appoint someone to be the mediator, because if it did, it chose someone biased since he is siding with Tohsaka. I don't know how important it is to be a fair fight, but they legit just sent everyone after Caster and bribed them with extra command spells. These are the questions that have been nagging me the first time watching this, and still are nagging me now. Understanding them would make me enjoy this even a little more. What are the criteria of the selection of both masters and servants, and why does this battle royale feel like some people are playing with cheats activated.

Anyway, about this actual episode. Normally you'd probably despise an anime for not having the balls to kill off characters. It looks like they get killed, but it turns out they are completely fine. No one dies in this episode, besides them getting very close to being killed. But in this case, I prefer characters not to die off- at least not this early. If it's done this early they have to build up upon it, or otherwise it is simply will be seen as cheap shock value. The character dynamics and interactions are important in this show, and that's not possible if half the characters are dead. They can die later, but we need to have those clash of ideals and viewpoints first. Besides, even though no one dies in this episode where maybe it seems they should have, it is not pointless, and it makes sense. It has been established that Caster thinks he loves Saber, so he goes after her. Then it seems like Lancer randomly shows up to save Saber, but it has been established that they desire to finish their duel with honor, so that makes sense. But it also serves the purpose of Lancer's master knowing that Lancer is reluctant to kill Saber just yet, so Lancer's master (sorry I gotta say "master" for these characters, I can't quite remember how to spell their names) uses this as opportunity to go after Saber's master instead, without Lancer's knowledge, I think. And the whole time, Kotomei is watching from the shadows, using his Assassin, and waiting for the moment to strike, and learning more about Irisveil. I didn't spell her name right for sure but whatever. Point is, even though no one dies, these encounters were not entirely pointless. People don't have to die to make it have meaning. These characters encountered each other, learned something from each other, or we the viewer learned more about them. Development happened, and these fights in this episode were just not meant to make you think "sike, you thought he/she died!" For a first time viewer such as myself several years ago, yeah I probably thought that this anime had no balls. But now after you've delved into the universe a bit more, you kind of don't want anyone to die; at least just yet.

NYANPASU
5700XT

Apr 3, 2023 8:15 PM
Feb 2021
What a sick fight. I expect the next fight to probably end in someone's death, but Idk who. Everyone still has so much development set up and stuff that I can't see any of the masters dying soon, but I still think it will probably happen soon. Idk who I want to win the war really, all the masters seem kinda fucked.
Jul 24, 2023 9:02 PM
Jul 2023
Wow, Irisviel and Maiya had their asses handed to them, and so did Kayneth.
-I was right about Kuritsugu's handgun having special ammo, but i'm not sure i fully understand what its talking about when Maiya told him it had his "origin" in them. Ill assume that just means his DNA from his ribs is powerful because of his bloodline or some anime thing like that?
-I really hope Saber and Lancer get a proper fight soon.
-Happy to see Irisviel use something other than healing magic, it was really quite cool
Aug 27, 2023 7:23 AM

Dec 2022
This was a rather dark night for Kiritsugu and co.
Kayneth got absolutely wrecked sheesh, seeing Iri and Maiya's troublesome fight against Kirei was a bit horrifying to watch cause kinda scared for those two but thankfully they're fine for now.

Nov 22, 2023 8:28 PM
May 2023
GG Kayneth. Hope Lancer find a better Master
Dec 1, 2023 7:21 PM

Nov 2023
LEZZGO Illya with the magic
Jan 11, 6:22 AM
Apr 2022
So why they all are fighting each other??
Pages (7) « First ... « 5 6 [7]

More topics from this board

» The ufotable Production

BigHomieTrapa - Apr 11

2 by Alexioos95 »»
Apr 15, 1:53 AM

Poll: » Fate/Zero Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

a6342164 - Oct 29, 2011

459 by JacobRitacco »»
Mar 15, 12:23 AM

Poll: » Fate/zero Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Oct 1, 2011

698 by damnit_tomioka »»
Mar 9, 1:25 AM

» Who's your favorite servant?

Ms_Muffin - Feb 19

47 by JohnZ_GGs »»
Feb 28, 5:46 PM

» Im about to start this but confused

TabutcuEmmi - Feb 7

44 by RulyKinkajou59 »»
Feb 10, 3:21 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.