Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Dimension W
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jan 24, 2016 1:42 PM

Dec 2012
Nice to see Mira and Kyouma getting along some what I guess.
Nice to see Mira get a trailer so she has a place to sleep and was able to buy some furniture.
Lol Kyouma walking in on Mira in the toilet.
Shiora asking Mira if she had done it with Kyouma was funny.
Mira saving the kids, but loses her head. Nice to see that the kids are still fond of her.
Wonder what is going on at the end of the ep?
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Jan 24, 2016 1:45 PM

Mar 2015
Does Mira really think that covering her head makes her indistinguishable from humans when she just has that huge swinging tail? Or is that a common thing for humans in the future?
I believe the show's too concentrated on Mira when Kyouma, possibly being a lot deeper character, is left in a shade.
Hey!

Check Mononoke out!
Jan 24, 2016 1:45 PM

Nov 2011
ExTamplier said:
linchpin said:
What? You're totally wrong with that analogy. There is just no way you could treat her like just a machine. She might have an inorganic body, but she is self-aware, sentient, shows emotions. The only reason to tell her she's "just a piece of junk" would be to HURT her.
This is just a cartoon. Stop making androids equal to humans.

Of course, it's fiction. That doesn't mean I can't judge a fictional character's actions. AI is not impossible. I probably won't get to see cute gynoids like Mira, but a hundred years from now? Totally possible. And then humanity will face such problems.

GET DROPBOX HERE!
Bonus space for you and me with this link! Now 500MB per referral, up to 16GB from referrals alone.
Jan 24, 2016 1:49 PM

Apr 2014
one of the best animes of the season i think
she is so cute he a badass ;perfect couple
Jan 24, 2016 1:49 PM

Nov 2014
linchpin said:
ExTamplier said:
This is just a cartoon. Stop making androids equal to humans.
Of course, it's fiction. That doesn't mean I can't judge a fictional character's actions. AI is not impossible. I probably won't get to see cute gynoids like Mira, but a hundred years from now? Totally possible. And then humanity will face such problems.
There is a difference between being programmed to act like a cute little girl and being cute little girl.
And don't give me those #WeAreAllProgrammedByGod #DeepThinking.

Jan 24, 2016 1:53 PM

May 2012
Kyouma gives no fucks.

This was a nice episode. Loved the development with Mira and the kids.

Dat toilet scene. I just knew should who scream and slap him.

Dat ending tho.
Jan 24, 2016 2:00 PM

Nov 2011
ExTamplier said:
linchpin said:
There is a difference between being programmed to act like a cute little girl and being cute little girl.

I'm an atheist. For me there isn't a difference if we're talking about true AI.

GET DROPBOX HERE!
Bonus space for you and me with this link! Now 500MB per referral, up to 16GB from referrals alone.
Jan 24, 2016 2:02 PM

Aug 2008
@m4rc0 That's what I mean. Normal reaction from a character is now something unusual while creeps who get hots for everything remotely resembling female body (regardless of age at that) are the standard.

Of course that whole scene was purely for laughs but at the same time the outcome should be predictable (if it wasn't for slaps in the first episode). The sad part is that currently so many cliches are ingrained into viewers minds, that normal behaviour from an anime character is becoming something amazingly original...

Cute or not, it's still just a machine. Kind of like walking lingerie advertisement. You don't want people see you staring intently, but you won't freak out because you saw one either.
Ii tenki desu ne...
Jan 24, 2016 2:11 PM

Nov 2011
I know who I will be clashing with when I'll be fighting for android equality.

GET DROPBOX HERE!
Jan 24, 2016 3:01 PM
Jul 2018
That
Jan 24, 2016 3:06 PM

Feb 2015
Look how cool I am; I don't have any emotions and a tragic backstory. The story seems to be needing a lot of buildup.
Jan 24, 2016 3:18 PM

Jul 2014
I like that they are putting lots of cliffhangers and hints into the show so your on your toes even with a chill episode, looking forward too see whats going on with that guy in the mansion.

Mira is so cute through this whole episode but oh man, but she needs some more training on how to act towards people, Kyoma will probably do most of that as we go through the show id imagine. But, just another nice episode, seeing Mira do things n have that relationship with the kids n all that was nice.

Hopefully Kyoma's backstory will get introduced and he will start to like Mira instead of being so distant.
ZjjJan 24, 2016 3:21 PM
Jan 24, 2016 3:25 PM

Jan 2015
Being drowned inside a mansion :X Possible suspect a robot :X
Jan 24, 2016 4:15 PM

Jan 2016
Antanaru said:
Cliffhanger was rather unnecessary but overall very solid episode. Properly done exposition of numbered coils, natural character interactions (except for kids not being traumatized by a flying head or not exposing Mira) and a bit of character development that wasn't too ostentatious.

It's a real shame it's not a 24 episode series. Despite how good it was so far, I'm still worried it will get rushed or clunky towards the end. Rarely anything fits 13 episodes format. The "as many episodes as you need to tell that story" approach is long gone but it would be nice to at least have less series that end before anything even develops.
We can always hope for a second season...
“Don't think about what you need to do. Just follow your desires.” - Aoi Ryuuhei (Baby Steps)
Jan 24, 2016 4:20 PM

Jun 2013
Kyoma straight up doesn't give a shit about her
Jan 24, 2016 4:26 PM

Feb 2011
ExTamplier said:
linchpin said:

depends on the type of programming,
top-down programming is like what you said, everything is programmed and predefined to reach a precise goal, only that goal is possible to reach and nothing else
bottom-up programming instead just sets the basic rules then everything else develops by itself, where unexpected and not directly pre-programmed results can be reached
depends if mira was programmed to act like a cute little girl (top-down programming), or if she was at first a neutral state which developed to be a cute little girl (bottom-up programming) just by living with doctor yurizaki, in the second case the difference with "being a cute little girl" is very thin

Antanaru said:
I'm still worried it will get rushed or clunky towards the end. Rarely anything fits 13 episodes format.

it's already getting rushed, with episode 3 we've reached chapter 15 of the manga, this episode covered an entire story arc, where much more things did happen, but it got cut out

Fixes to make the Profile more bearable after "the Modern★Profile★Update★★Rip★Profile★"
Jan 24, 2016 4:49 PM
Nov 2015
I was really hyped to see a car scene like the one in the intro this time, but they cut out all the background/sidestory about the accident and the children (manga).
But i guess the pacing was necessary and it was still very enjoyable. MC seems a lot colder though than in the manga. They cut down his dialogue and retorts down to like 20% XD

As for the whole robot/ AI / human discussion
linchpin said:
ExTamplier said:

I'm an atheist. For me there isn't a difference if we're talking about true AI.

I guess the "she's only a programmed robot" sayers have never seen the movie "I, Robot" and never gave the Self-Awareness of an AI some deeper thought.

You guys do realise that Mira is unique and even the coil hunting pros and their engineer have never seen something like her.
I believe she wasn't programmed to be a cute girl, but rather her brain was engineered and programmed to work and think just like a human one.

Plus she was created as a next gerneration prototype by the leading professor couple, with the intention of having a sister for their daughter. After the incident she was still raised up,treated and loved lby her dad, just like a daughter/human being and thats what gave her her traits and personality.

So awarness/personality wise i don't see any difference to a regular human being. Capablility wise shes obviously excells in any aspect and will soon let the superhuman mc look like an old piece of junk :P
GidarJan 24, 2016 5:16 PM
Jan 24, 2016 5:09 PM

Nov 2014
so the 'score arc' has been skipped...

i thought so,

anyways best MC

5/5
Jan 24, 2016 5:10 PM
Jul 2015
Imagine if they invented a robot like Mira in the modern world, that would be amazing. It would also take decades before that could ever happen.
Jan 24, 2016 5:15 PM
Oct 2014
I just want to say Art and Draw are INCREDIBLE.
Jan 24, 2016 6:15 PM
Oct 2012
This series continues to be so effing entertaining. Everything was perfect, the way they wove New Tesla in without making them seem like heavy villains was a good touch. The "buddy cop" motif likewise was well developed. Bring on next week!
Jan 24, 2016 7:08 PM

Aug 2015
Good episode. Thought the scene with Mari and the kids was funny, especially the part where the little girl asks her if she's "doing" it with Kyouma.
Jan 24, 2016 8:04 PM

Jun 2015
I wonder when they are going to stop explaining the concept behind Dimension W at the beginning of every episode.
Jan 24, 2016 8:57 PM

Mar 2008
@antanaru
Again, I disagree. Mira isn't a doll. She looks and sounds exactly like a normal girl. And a cute one at that. And since she's self-aware unlike other androids (see the maid in the NT 47 or the fat lady's 4), even the kids thought she was human. So having the natural reaction for her is well, natural.

That's why I wouldn't call Kyouma's reaction natural. The normal reaction would be to say sorry and get out, because that's what a man would do if he was in that situation. Not stay there with a nosebleed nor stay there giving 0 fucks.

But since Kyouma is like he is, it's in character, so no harm done.
Jan 24, 2016 9:16 PM

Nov 2011
I'm glad there are people who recognize Mira's personhood.

GET DROPBOX HERE!
Jan 24, 2016 10:15 PM

Oct 2015
What Komoogi (I think) is the same age as the kid on the roof?!

The episode was mainly about Mira settling in her new environment. Glad she seem to have settled in. The next episode looks like we're going back for some action collector adventure.
Jan 24, 2016 10:47 PM

Dec 2012
I loved this episode :). Mira and Kyouma were fun and we had some information about the past, it was pretty interesting
Jan 24, 2016 11:02 PM

Oct 2011
Numbers are more powerful than the Tesla coil. But dangerous

Glad Mira has friends to play with.
Jan 25, 2016 12:39 AM

Aug 2013
Damn this show is good. Everything it does it does well: character development, backstories, plot points, world building, etc.

I want my own personal Mira pl0x.

aikaflip said:
I like that Kyouma is warming up to Mira. He bought her a trailer, and didn't freak out about her using the bathroom. That was a plus.

5/5

He didn't actually buy her a trailer though, he just hauled it for her. She bought it with her own 6 million yen cut from the job (or however much the trailer actually was, probably less since she got furniture too).
Jan 25, 2016 1:30 AM
Nov 2015
linchpin said:
I'm glad there are people who recognize Mira's personhood.

Aside from all the Pro arguments that are based on what we've seen in the last 3 episodes, there's also gonna be a flashback scene of miras dad, probably in episode 5 (maybe already 4) that can be seen as confirmation of our thoughts.

GidarJan 25, 2016 1:34 AM
Jan 25, 2016 2:12 AM

Mar 2014
m4rc0 said:
@antanaru
Again, I disagree. Mira isn't a doll. She looks and sounds exactly like a normal girl. And a cute one at that. And since she's self-aware unlike other androids (see the maid in the NT 47 or the fat lady's 4), even the kids thought she was human. So having the natural reaction for her is well, natural.

That's why I wouldn't call Kyouma's reaction natural. The normal reaction would be to say sorry and get out, because that's what a man would do if he was in that situation. Not stay there with a nosebleed nor stay there giving 0 fucks.

His reaction seemed accurate to me I think anyone finding a known robot in their restroom would take a second ask themselves why is the robot in the restroom.
Jan 25, 2016 2:59 AM
Nov 2015
UmbraIra said:
m4rc0 said:

His reaction seemed accurate to me I think anyone finding a known robot in their restroom would take a second ask themselves why is the robot in the restroom.

Said it before... but they dialed down his reactions/retorts in the adaptation. The original goes a lil different.

Altough you can't see his face he has a big Sweat drop on the back of his head (-> indicating sth. like confusion, annoyance or maybe even embarassment?) and then he slams/shuts the door and shouts "Why the hell is a robot using the toilet?!?" ... followed up by miras explanation ^^
I think they just changed up the Gag, since its only there for comedy reasons - not for deep interpretation :P
GidarJan 25, 2016 3:03 AM
Jan 25, 2016 5:43 AM

Dec 2010
...this episode was more on Mira, growing to love her more
Jan 25, 2016 5:46 AM
Dec 2009
Everyone mentioning a skipped arc makes me curious about the manga.

eXtacy67 said:
Not as fun as last weeks episode but this was more of character building. 6 Million yen sounds like a lot at first but then you realize this is 60 years in the future and hard cash probably has limited places to spend it.

Good point. It'll be interesting to see in a real 60 years time if cash is even still used (if we're still alive! ;D)
Jan 25, 2016 6:37 AM

Sep 2014
3 episodes in and it's still pretty damn average. Let's see what happens next I guess.
Jan 25, 2016 6:52 AM

Apr 2015
Buildup episode, a little boring but was OK. The show is not outstanding in any sense but I think it's good in most of the departments.
Jan 25, 2016 8:32 AM

Dec 2013
There's something seriously off about this show, it's just so painfully uninteresting, everything feels uninspired and just meh. I don't feel like its concept is presented to its maximum potential, instead of expanding on it in an interesting way, they are focusing more on the robot girl which I don't feel like it's the best choise. Our main character is also dull. Meh.
Jan 25, 2016 9:37 AM

Mar 2013
All I want to know is why his washroom has a window on the door
Jan 25, 2016 12:49 PM

Jul 2015
Okay. Not a bad episode, I suppose. Some gripes with this one (along with the whole anime so far), but I liked this one as well. Three episodes in and I liked them all overall. I guess I'll definitely be sticking with this anime.

And... sigh. I hate to admit, but yeah. I finally think Mira is kind of adorable. Kind of. You got me, Mira. The children are also adorable and it's nice to see that they do not fear her overall. I also think I understand a bit more as to why Kyouma is acting the way he is. I hope to understand him more as the show continues.
Jan 25, 2016 1:41 PM

Dec 2014
the killer robot at the end looked hilarious xD
Jan 25, 2016 4:17 PM

Jul 2015
I've already watched two episodes, and so far it hasn't been very enjoyable. Has this third episode changed anything? For example will there be a reason for me to care about the characters or situation.
Fourth-PhantomJan 25, 2016 4:21 PM
Jan 25, 2016 4:31 PM

Jul 2015
Fourth-Phantom said:
I've already watched two episodes, and so far it hasn't been very enjoyable. Has this third episode changed anything? For example will there be a reason for me to care about the characters or situation.

There's a bit more character development with and between Kyouma and Mira, but otherwise, not really much else is going on right now. No fights or actio- well there's a little bit of action, but nonetheless, it's not that big of a deal. This is more like a relaxing episode, so if the first two didn't do you much, then I don't think this one will either.

Not trying to be rude, but I don't think this show will be towards your liking, unless you are willing to give it more chances that it might possibly become better for you as it goes on.
Jan 25, 2016 5:08 PM

Apr 2012
I finally get into this anime. Nice episode.
Jan 25, 2016 9:08 PM

Jun 2013
That was really sweet :)
Jan 25, 2016 9:17 PM

Mar 2014
after ep3 this simply changed to be a moe pig anime.
Jan 25, 2016 11:25 PM

Jan 2015
Good freaking episode, really liked it yo
I fucking love Mira though, she's very kawaii and beautiful with a nice personality (and a nice rack as well)
Liked the character interactions, Mira and Kyouma slowly growing close, those kids were a nice addition as well, I like seeing Mira happy :3
The end was some shit, richass old man choking himself or getting harmed by that robot.
Pacing was a bit slow because it was more based towards Mira finding new things in life but I really liked the episode. 3.5/5
Jan 26, 2016 12:16 AM

Dec 2013
fst said:
All I want to know is why his washroom has a window on the door

The window enables him to see if Mira is inside before opening. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Stay in yesterday 時を止めて
Jan 26, 2016 1:45 AM

Sep 2013
Mira new private room.
Maybe next episode is like Special Case
Jan 26, 2016 2:00 AM

Oct 2015
I'm loving this anime so far. I really hope they don't end up rushing the anime and screwing it up especially since it's only 13 episodes long, I really wish it had 24.
I personally think this is one of the best of the season so far, definitely out of the ones I'm watching.
They better keep it up.

I'm glad the kids weren't there to damage stuff as thats the sort of vibe I got from the past few eps. It was sweet how they ended up befriending Mari and keeping her secret from NT. Especially Shiori(?) since her grandmother works there. Creepy ending... Makes me want the next episode.
Jan 26, 2016 5:07 AM

Dec 2012
I can see how Kyoma is MC of the season. Considering the theme of the series, we will likely not see romance but ugh can't help but ship Kyoma and Mira. Also, kudos to Mira for being one of the most likeable "cute" characters I've seen in a while.
allo
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dimension W Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 21, 2016

147 by Bestmilkcarton »»
Mar 24, 2023 2:42 PM

Poll: » Dimension W Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 7, 2016

149 by weaboo_mestre »»
Jan 9, 2023 9:26 PM

Poll: » Dimension W Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 10, 2016

290 by DangerMouseDM »»
Jan 6, 2023 7:27 PM

Poll: » Dimension W Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jan 31, 2016

154 by cheesehuffer »»
Nov 7, 2022 1:20 PM

» should i drop this

mydaddy - Mar 18, 2022

8 by rmcewen »»
Mar 19, 2022 8:10 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.