Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Erased
Available on Manga Store
New
Pages (9) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Jan 23, 2016 12:32 PM

Dec 2015
Oh god a mod seriously has to close this thread, this thread is cancer itself. -_-
Jan 23, 2016 12:49 PM

Oct 2013
KonoYume said:
Oh god a mod seriously has to close this thread, this thread is cancer itself. -_-

No I want this thread to stay open, just because I want to see all the reaction when it ends. If this series turns out to be a trainwreck in the end. Op will be so embarassed. He better hope everythig turns out well for this series.

I already know this series wont be AOTY but lets see if it will end on a good note.
Jan 23, 2016 1:06 PM

Dec 2013
GaryL said:
Oh my god this is getting ridiculous, it is already more overrated than OPM. That's the worst thing about new anime being shit. Everything is so mediocre that when something above average comes out people start hailing it like it's the new Evangelion.
OPM has bigger rating and for it to reach Boku dake's level is not really a possible to feat, so I'd highly doubt it's more overrated. Not that anyone should give a damn about MAL ratings since the score is more of an indication of hype rather than quality.
Jan 23, 2016 2:02 PM

Oct 2007
GaryL said:
Oh my god this is getting ridiculous, it is already more overrated than OPM. That's the worst thing about new anime being shit. Everything is so mediocre that when something above average comes out people start hailing it like it's the new Evangelion.

Pretty much really
Jan 24, 2016 1:06 AM
Mar 2014
Too early to know.
Jan 24, 2016 1:17 AM

Oct 2011
Basically, Erased is the Death Parade of this year.
Jan 24, 2016 1:59 AM

Apr 2015
Probably AOTS but it's too early for AOTY.
Jan 24, 2016 3:00 AM

Jul 2015
So far, it is indeed the best this year.
But last year we had Owarimonogatari and One Punch Man at fall, so it's too early to make any statement.

Jan 24, 2016 3:11 AM

Nov 2011
Let's remember to remember that OP once think this is anime is best anime of the year by the end of 2016.

Jan 24, 2016 5:39 AM

Jun 2015
Gotta love the MAL community. 4 episodes out, 8.90 score.

I don't even.
Seiya0890 said:
But its still disgusting from my point of view, and from the word's point of view, therefore its disgusting.

Wise words.
Jan 24, 2016 5:49 AM

May 2015
So far, I feel like Erased is doing one hell of a job at doing what it does standing far above everything else of this season so far.. if it keeps this up it can become a masterpiece(in my personal opinion) yes but it's still to early to actually decide on anything..

But it wouldn't be the first time an anime released in the beginning of the year becomes the best of the year.
Jan 24, 2016 5:51 AM
Nov 2014
No, it isn't it's pretty mediocre.
Jan 24, 2016 5:58 AM

Dec 2013
Piromysl said:
So far, it is indeed the best this year.
But last year we had Owarimonogatari and One Punch Man at fall, so it's too early to make any statement.
Are you putting OPM as some sort of example of quality?
Jan 24, 2016 5:58 AM

Apr 2014
katsaroulhs said:

I don't even.

this is why I don't rate shows until i complete them

too much knee jerk reactions

although i do enjoy the show so far
Jan 24, 2016 6:32 AM

Nov 2013
Alderamin will be better.
Jan 24, 2016 7:57 AM
Jan 2015
Too early to tell but there's Shouwa Rakugo who excels better with character interaction and emotional resonance yet Erased is good.

Uhm.. I know this is a bit shameles but here's my blog as for my complete thoughts with Erased: http://samui26.wordpress.com
Jan 24, 2016 8:13 AM

Nov 2013
I don't think so

30 characters I didn't want to type
Jan 24, 2016 8:14 AM

Jan 2012
Assuming it sticks the landing it'll definitely be the best of Winter, but of all 2016? Too early to tell.
Jan 24, 2016 8:30 AM

Oct 2014
sure never mind it has only 3 episodes out it is already the best anime of 2016 in fact it the best anime of this decade
Jan 24, 2016 8:42 AM

May 2014
katsaroulhs said:

I don't even.

Well, it's pretty much typical situation of every newly airing anime. I don't see any problem with it though. It's like when newly released episode is great then the score rises, where as, if it's bad the score decreases.
Jan 24, 2016 9:55 AM

Aug 2014
Noctis said:
katsaroulhs said:

I don't even.

Well, it's pretty much typical situation of every newly airing anime. I don't see any problem with it though. It's like when newly released episode is great then the score rises, where as, if it's bad the score decreases.
I actually just realized about that lmao
Jan 24, 2016 10:51 AM

Oct 2007
katsaroulhs said:

I don't even.

3 episodes or about an hours worth of content once you factor in intros and outros. The rough equivalent of 2/3 of your average movie.
Jan 24, 2016 10:53 AM

Jun 2015
Kaioshin_Sama said:
katsaroulhs said:

I don't even.

3 episodes or about an hours worth of content once you factor in intros and outros. The rough equivalent of 2/3 of your average movie.

Unless you have sampled the entirety of something, rating it illogical. That is how I see it.
Seiya0890 said:
But its still disgusting from my point of view, and from the word's point of view, therefore its disgusting.

Wise words.
Jan 24, 2016 10:57 AM

Aug 2014
Nagirah said:
How is it AOTY when Steins;Gate 0 is a thing? Blasphemy.
regular steins gate is ok only if there wasn't a lot of bs going around n some dull characters so not really hyped for it at all
Jan 24, 2016 11:11 AM

Apr 2014
Kaioshin_Sama said:
katsaroulhs said:

I don't even.

Putting it in proportion to the running time of a season of anime (12 episodes at roughly 20 minutes per episode), that's only 1/4th of the time with 3 episodes. That's like watching 1/4th of a movie and rating it.

Personally I think rating anything before finishing it is pretty stupid. Even more so if you use the basis of "you intend to change the rating later". So why give it a rating that isn't technically going to be concrete as the series progresses? It's just a pointless rating then.

Dunno. Just how I feel about it.
Jan 24, 2016 12:16 PM

Oct 2012
Fuchsia said:
Imjustthatdude said:
like what and don't say gintama lmao
so far i'm liking dimension w, Drrr ketsu, Luck & logic much more than erased but that's just me.
Ok, I can see how you can like Dimension W and Durarara!!x2 Ketsu better than Boku Dake, but explain the Luck & Logic part please, because I think I'm missing something.
Jan 24, 2016 12:30 PM

Jul 2015
Guys, lets be totally honest....

This tread is incredibly ridiculous, because new year just recently started and you already judge what will be the best anime of the year.... I mean, that is not fair, cause, I am sure that this year will have at least 5 shows that could compete in overall quality with Boku Dake ga Inai Machi (or ERASED, whatever) so it is too early and I would say pointless to talk about something that is so far from finishing. So....

On the other hand, this show is really good, it has a lot of potential, but we will have to wait until it ends and then to see whether it will be awesome or it will disappoint, because there is not any other option. With this type of series the major paramount of quality is ending, so the final score and that "AOTS" title will depend on this. But also, I wouldnt exclude from race Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu, though.
No offense, really...
sensei69Jan 24, 2016 12:38 PM

Jan 24, 2016 12:33 PM

Jul 2014
It's actually a good way to start off 2016.
I like cake.
Jan 24, 2016 12:58 PM

Mar 2010
Thanks guys I will watch this show now, in order to be a witness.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Jan 24, 2016 1:12 PM

Jan 2015
katsaroulhs said:

I don't even.

3 episodes*

Jan 24, 2016 1:32 PM

Jun 2015
Xenocrisi said:
katsaroulhs said:

I don't even.

3 episodes*

Oops, you are right. I am sorry.
Seiya0890 said:

Wise words.
Jan 24, 2016 1:34 PM

Aug 2009
As in so far? It ties with ajin imo. It's good but it needs more story to unfold. I like ajin for its storyline and background, but Erased is fantastic in most ways.
Jan 24, 2016 1:38 PM

Aug 2009
sensei69 said:

This tread is incredibly ridiculous, because new year just recently started and you already judge what will be the best anime of the year.... I mean, that is not fair, cause, I am sure that this year will have at least 5 shows that could compete in overall quality with Boku Dake ga Inai Machi (or ERASED, whatever) so it is too early and I would say pointless to talk about something that is so far from finishing. So....

On the other hand, this show is really good, it has a lot of potential, but we will have to wait until it ends and then to see whether it will be awesome or it will disappoint, because there is not any other option. With this type of series the major paramount of quality is ending, so the final score and that "AOTS" title will depend on this. But also, I wouldnt exclude from race Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu, though.
No offense, really...

Only thing wrong is its one coeur and the manga is ongoing.... I'm assuming it'll need another season or a continuation.
Jan 24, 2016 2:26 PM

Jul 2012
Nice bait OP, it's definitely working.
Jan 24, 2016 2:35 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
dakotasapphire said:
sensei69 said:

No offense, really...

Only thing wrong is its one coeur and the manga is ongoing.... I'm assuming it'll need another season or a continuation.
No, its only one cour and it ends with the ending the manga will have.
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Jan 24, 2016 3:46 PM

Apr 2014
Don't know if it will be the best. People are hyped (as am I) because they don't know what is gonna happen... good mystery anime tend to draw attention, but after you finish them you lose the hype and you may not be thinking the same things as when you started it.
And, it is one whole year, there are more stuff to come.. so...

But it will sure be in the top 50 anime, at least I hope so... if they don't f*ck this up.
"Better leave tomorrow's problems to tomorrow's you."

- One bald guy at the supermarket
Jan 24, 2016 6:18 PM
Oct 2012
Nope. Set aside 2016, there are several shows I think could win as best animation of 2016-Winter. Let them compete, its been a while since there has been 3-4 shows I look forward to.
Jan 24, 2016 7:26 PM

Aug 2009
DatRandomDude said:
dakotasapphire said:

No, its only one cour and it ends with the ending the manga will have.

So the manga's end is in sight? Oh okay. :D That's amazing if that's the case.
Jan 24, 2016 8:27 PM

Aug 2013
GaryL said:

How is mediocre shit? New anime is mediocre like old anime.

Anime fans think old anime was full of masterpieces when they only handpick the recommended anime, instead of watching all the old anime and make an informed judgement.
Jan 25, 2016 6:48 AM

Sep 2015
Kolios said:
GaryL said:

Anime fans think old anime was full of masterpieces when they only handpick the recommended anime, instead of watching all the old anime and make an informed judgement.

Ping Pong was the really great anime I've seen lately and that was 2014. The media has never been so saturated.
Jan 25, 2016 10:50 AM

Oct 2007
Kolios said:
GaryL said:

Older anime is also possible to rate and react too in it's entirety so those things hold more weight there. Here it's just people leaping on the hype bandwagon as usual and taking a show with an hour worth of content over the top. That's not really an informed judgement in comparison.

katsaroulhs said:

Unless you have sampled the entirety of something, rating it illogical. That is how I see it.

Not when the goal seems to "being there when the hype went down" which just seems so crucially all important to the MAL community pretty much every season. It's like one person described and what I've tried to point out time and time again only for people to get angry as I merely point out the observable is that there always seems to be that one show every season that the MAL community bandwagons onto as the de facto "AOTS" that I refer to as the hype show that gets incredibly inflated viewership numbers and rankings and becomes this clique rallying point show of popularity that pretty much predestines it down the road to the same kind of over the top reception for much or all of it's run. Last season it was One Punch Man, in Summer it was Charlotte (A rare case of the hype factor being largely undone in the end due to indisputable story problems), in Spring it was Fate UBW Part 2, Winter it was Death Parade etc. As some have also pointed out you can practically already pick out what it'll be for Spring and Summer this year already in Knocking at The Walls of the Fortress (Attack on Titan staff/borderline ripoff) and ReWrite (KEY Visual Novel adaptation) several months out just because of how the cliquism tends to coalesce around certain obvious factors.

This is the only community I've seen that really does this consistently and where it seems very important to it in general, possibly because it's the only one large enough or just because of the type of user it tends to attract, but other than being able to predict it I'll never really understand it, it's just something that happens on MAL.
PeacingOutJan 25, 2016 11:04 AM
Feb 10, 2016 11:59 PM

Apr 2009
The Titans are coming.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 11, 2016 12:02 AM

Jan 2011
Jojo Part 4 will start this year, so no.
Feb 11, 2016 12:04 AM

Mar 2014
There's Sekkou Boys

So no
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Feb 11, 2016 3:02 AM
Feb 2016
It's certainly better then forced drama clannad and unfunny gintama.
Feb 11, 2016 6:31 AM

Jul 2014
No matter how shit it looks, if it follows the manga Berserk will be the AOTY.

Erased is so overrated it's ridiculous. It's place should be around 8.2-8.3 and I'm baffled at how everyone is jizzing all over it despite numerous conveniences and plot holes.
Feb 11, 2016 6:51 AM

Dec 2015
Hydra0411 said:
No matter how shit it looks, if it follows the manga Berserk will be the AOTY.

Erased is so overrated it's ridiculous. It's place should be around 8.2-8.3 and I'm baffled at how everyone is jizzing all over it despite numerous conveniences and plot holes.

Agreed.

It's probably the best anime of the winter by far though, simply because the rest is average as hell. That certainly contributes to the hype.
Feb 11, 2016 7:00 AM
Jul 2018
I think that's jumping the gun. It may be a strong contender though, let's see what the rest of the year brings first.
Feb 11, 2016 8:21 AM

Jun 2015
Hmph we still have rewrite (well 8-bit will be making it more like 8-shit. I hope they don't mess up), SnK S2 (Which probably be worse then S1), Berserk with CGI. And Steins;gate 0 might come out this year since we got that ''prequel'' like 2 months ago.
So it's still early but it has a solid chance.
In the name of Allah, the Gracious, the Merciful. | You know what I hate the most? People who aren't free. They're no more than cattle.
Feb 11, 2016 8:25 AM

Oct 2014
It is not even the best of the season shouwa genroku rakugo is way better in every way
I have no idea where this high scores or ideas like it is the best of year are coming from
Pages (9) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 4, 2016

769 by Jocku »»
Yesterday, 10:27 AM

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2016

1398 by Layreur84 »»
Apr 15, 3:50 AM

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 10, 2016

900 by bakakisima »»
Apr 12, 2:03 PM

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 3, 2016

498 by bakakisima »»
Apr 11, 1:04 PM

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 25, 2016

581 by bakakisima »»
Apr 11, 12:06 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.