Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Erased
Available on Manga Store
New
Pages (9) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jan 22, 2016 2:10 AM

Oct 2007
People are being fucking ridiculous about this show that's for sure and I just swear it's like nobody has ever seen a competent drama before or something the Key anime like fervor it's driving people into. It's not even that great looking visually IMO, something I was really mislead on before I went to watch the first couple episodes which admittedly left me somewhat disappointed if kind of saying I should have known better than to listen to peoples hyped up exaggerations to even that degree. It has some good looking keynote scenes like any anime with a budget, but like man I don't know what people are watching normally or what their points of comparison are if they think it looks absolutely stunning and has unparalleled character drama or whatever.

Also why is it such a big deal that it might be the best or one of the better shows this season? Again I don't know what people are comparing it to, but like have people seen what this season is like. Not much of a bar to clear, yet people keep saying that like being one of the more notable shows of this season is some grand achievement that cannot be stated enough. It's just baffling to me, I'll just never understand modern anime fans and some of the shit they get hyped up through the roof over.

Fuchsia said:
so far it's alright but it's overrated and even in this season alone there are better anime.

That's really how I see it. I feel Shouwa Rakugo could stand to get a bit more attention, it's been really great so far and if people are actually looking for a more adult mature anime then there's no teenagers taking point in that one. It looks like there's going to be some good dramatic beats to it later looking at the trailer, but everyone is just so fixated on this show for some reason it'll be lucky to even achieve some sort of hidden gem status.

I'd be lying if I said I was getting any more used to always feeling that one guy that likes a given show well enough but isn't just utterly blown away by it the amount of times it's happened to me over the years. I guess the gulf between alright and absolutely outstanding timeless classic is a lot greater for me, especially since I prefer to be patient, let a show actually finish and then revisit it in a few years after some new life experiences before I'd really ever consider such a thing. Other people it's like everything has to be declared a timeless masterpiece or utterly hopeless right here right now.

RainyRai said:

Anyways, saying it's the best of 2016 is a really big estimate because A1-Pictures has a tendency to release one show that's utter garbage and another show that has promise and looks good but ends up being shit.

Their and their parent companies track record at this as a producer is almost as consistent as peoples utter lack of short term memory and recollection of this pretty observable phenomenon. It's like nobody remembers Aldnoah/Zero, Guilty Crown, Subete Ga F Ni Naru, Charlotte, Sword Art Online, Magi, OreImo and all those other projects that people got all megahyped about only to become incredibly polarizing by the time all was said and done.

This case you can tell people have already made up their mind from the first episode though, like a Key series no matter what happens from here on out the commentary is going to stay utterly static and you'll never hear anything other than that it's the best show ever and that it's just utterly flawless. Like you can just tell it's set in stone at this point and nothing will get in the way of that, especially with this community.
PeacingOutJan 22, 2016 2:20 AM
Jan 22, 2016 2:20 AM

Jun 2013
Kaioshin_Sama said:
People are being fucking ridiculous about this show that's for sure and I just swear it's like nobody has ever seen a competent drama before or something the Key anime like fervor it's driving people into. It's not even that great looking visually IMO, something I was really mislead on before I went to watch the first couple episodes which admittedly left me somewhat disappointed if kind of saying I should have known better than to listen to peoples hyped up exaggerations to even that degree. It has some good looking keynote scenes like any anime with a budget, but like man I don't know what people are watching normally or what their points of comparison are if they think it looks absolutely stunning and has unparalleled character drama or whatever.

Also why is it such a big deal that it might be the best or one of the better shows this season? Again I don't know what people are comparing it to, but like have people seen what this season is like. Not much of a bar to clear, yet people keep saying that like being one of the more notable shows of this season is some grand achievement that cannot be stated enough. It's just baffling to me, I'll just never understand modern anime fans and some of the shit they get hyped up through the roof over.

Fuchsia said:
so far it's alright but it's overrated and even in this season alone there are better anime.

I feel Shouwa Rakugo could stand to get a bit more attention, it's been really great so far and if people are actually looking for a more adult mature anime then there's no teenagers taking point in that one. It looks like there's going to be some good dramatic beats to it later looking at the trailer, but everyone is just so fixated on this show for some reason it'll be lucky to even achieve some sort of hidden gem status.
Kaioshin_Sama said:

Fuchsia said:

I feel Shouwa Rakugo could stand to get a bit more attention, it's been really great so far and if people are actually looking for a more adult mature anime then there's no teenagers taking point in that one. It looks like there's going to be some good dramatic beats to it later looking at the trailer, but everyone is just so fixated on this show for some reason it'll be lucky to even achieve some sort of hidden gem status.

I agree, it's like people's anime standard have gone low so when this show comes around it's like a godsend or something. Rangoku shinjuu is better in all technical aspects people gloriously praise this show for.
Imagine a berserk anime by Yoshiaki kawajiri at Madhouse.

Now take a look at Berserk (2016).

YOU HAVE MY PERMISSION TO CRY.
Jan 22, 2016 2:20 AM

Oct 2013
HikaruKaneko said:
I feel like there's not really any point in discussing what is or might be the best anime of the year. Everybody likes different stuff so there would never be a unanimous decision on the matter.

But if its the highested rated anime on mal for 2016, people would just use that as a indication of it being the best anime of the year. Though technically they would be right since this is statistical data from mal. But individually its all opinion.
Jan 22, 2016 2:24 AM

Oct 2007
eromangasensei said:

I agree, it's like people's anime standard have gone low so when this show comes around it's like a godsend or something. Rangoku shinjuu is better in all technical aspects people gloriously praise this show for.

Well to be somewhat fair this show might have an edge in the visual department over Rakugo IMO, but it's so far from being the stunning visual masterpiece people have claimed. That's also about it really. Frankly this show is a little too much in the usual A-1 wheelhouse of teen melodrama for me to call it particularly outside the box, Rakugo though I've almost never seen anything quite like it, especially in terms of subject matter and the fact that I'm actually learning something about a traditional artform that could be in jeopardy with this current generation just not seeming like it plans on picking up the tradition is pretty interesting. Maybe the manga and show can help get it going again a bit like Chihayafuru did in igniting a resurgence in Karuta player registration.

Royal7Knight said:
I doubt it and I hope not. It's good and all but the year just started, if nothing better comes along with the other seasons that would be very disappointing.

Can't help but totally agree. Somehow I don't think most people think that sort of thing through though when they're in the midst of one of their hype waves over a show like this one clearly is. This is really the first thread where it feels like people are being a little more down to Earth about this show.
PeacingOutJan 22, 2016 2:43 AM
Jan 22, 2016 2:39 AM

Jun 2013
Kaioshin_Sama said:
eromangasensei said:

Well to be somewhat fair this show might have an edge in the visual department over Rakugo IMO, but it's so far from being the stunning visual masterpiece people have claimed. That's also about it really. Frankly this show is a little too much in the usual A-1 wheelhouse of teen melodrama for me to call it particularly outside the box, Rakugo though I've almost never seen anything quite like it, especially in terms of subject matter and the fact that I'm actually learning something about a traditional artform that could be in jeopardy with this current generation just not seeming like it plans on picking up the tradition is pretty interesting. Maybe the manga and show can help get it going again a bit like Chihayafuru did in igniting a resurgence in Karuta player registration.

yeah, exact same thoughts from me. It does have it's good visual direction & framing, lightning (like in ep 2) but it's nowhere near being great, yet. To be fair we're just 3 eps in so it has a long way to go.
Imagine a berserk anime by Yoshiaki kawajiri at Madhouse.

Now take a look at Berserk (2016).

YOU HAVE MY PERMISSION TO CRY.
Jan 22, 2016 2:41 AM

Jun 2011
Good job OP, thats the only Anime (according to your list) you are watching this season, why the fuck do you think you can evaluate this season?

I agree this show is really good but there a bunch of new ones I enjoy more (Phantom World, Luck&Logic, KonoSuba, Dimension W...).
I'm feeling thank you
Jan 22, 2016 2:41 AM

Apr 2013
It's been very good so far, but we're only three episodes in and stories like this are easy to mess up. Zankyo no Terror is a good example of that.
5 main aspects I base my ratings on:
1. Did DramaEnthusiast make a thread about it?
2. Is it better than Breaking Bad?
3. Did MellowJello recommend the shit out of it?
4. Has it caused a (very entertaining) shitstorm on MAL?
5. Is it actually good?

Scratch the fifth point, it's not very relevant...
Jan 22, 2016 2:42 AM

Oct 2007
eromangasensei said:
Kaioshin_Sama said:

yeah, exact same thoughts from me. It does have it's good visual direction & framing, lightning (like in ep 2) but it's nowhere near being great, yet. To be fair we're just 3 eps in so it has a long way to go.

not really, like a couple months since it's one cour and noitaminA. Shows as much as a third over already. Wish there could be more one hour affairs like Rakugo's first episode that really make use of it, but what can you do. 24 x 12 or sometimes even 10 or 11 is anime's preferred format now. When you think about it it's about the length of a couple movies, not even enough to be considered a trilogy.
Jan 22, 2016 3:22 AM

Oct 2014
ItS a great series. But the year is till too early but this one is definitely top 10. Shingeki no Kyojin will probably rank 1 this year
Jan 22, 2016 3:24 AM

Nov 2012
geralt said:
It's been very good so far, but we're only three episodes in and stories like this are easy to mess up. Zankyo no Terror is a good example of that.
Where they messed up in your opinion? I thought the ending was the best part of the whole show. But indeed 3 eps is wat to less to judge this type of anime. Could not agree more on that part.
Jan 22, 2016 3:47 AM

May 2015

You continuously complaining about other peoples' opinion is also ridiculous.

Jan 22, 2016 4:03 AM

Apr 2008
Just like what everyone else has mentioned, it's really too early to tell.

But Erased has surely set the bar really high for anime of the year, I'll give it that.

You are afraid to die, and you're afraid to live. What a way to exist.
Neale Donald Walsch

Jan 22, 2016 4:41 AM

Dec 2015
As a manga reader, I think if they don't mess up adapting the whole spirit, social aspects of the show and the development of the MC, this anime can become a very successful one this season. Talking about that in a year scale is yet too early to tell though.
"fingers crossed"
KonoYumeJan 22, 2016 4:52 AM
Jan 22, 2016 4:45 AM

Jan 2008
I don't want to call it the best anime of the year. But in terms of the winter season, I think it has competition from Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu for that title.

But I say we're off to an amazing start to 2016 for anime.
Jan 22, 2016 4:55 AM

Jul 2008
I think regardless on the potential flaws in the later episodes, the worst I think the show can be is in top 3 this season without a doubt. Calling it anime of the year may be a little too early.
Jan 22, 2016 6:30 AM

Aug 2012
The title should be

Is Erased the best anime of the season already?

YES.
Jan 22, 2016 6:32 AM

Apr 2014
Best anime of the year will be this and Diamond is Unbreakable tbh.
Jan 22, 2016 6:36 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
It's the best anime of 2016... when we're only about 6% through the year as of yet

Patience
Jan 22, 2016 6:36 AM
Aug 2012
Yeah, lets jump on the bandwagon. Erased omg the best animu ever!!!!1 Come on kid the thing just started, stop with the idiotic over exaggerations.
Jan 22, 2016 6:38 AM

Jul 2014
Highest-rated anime at least will probably be Steins;Gate 0 if it airs this year, and people are saying it's even better than the original Steins;Gate. Might even top FMAB...
"Beyond the veil of cherry blossom petals blown by the wind - almost like their promised reunion -

Feelings pile up with the passage of time: once the torrent of emotions comes rushing down, what is the spectacle that awaits?"
Jan 22, 2016 2:37 PM

Dec 2008
keragamming said:
HikaruKaneko said:
I feel like there's not really any point in discussing what is or might be the best anime of the year. Everybody likes different stuff so there would never be a unanimous decision on the matter.

But if its the highested rated anime on mal for 2016, people would just use that as a indication of it being the best anime of the year. Though technically they would be right since this is statistical data from mal. But individually its all opinion.
Even using that, it would just be the consensus of MAL and even within that, not everyone on MAL would have seen the show and not everyone who rated this show would have seen every other show of the year. What it does reveal is that it's well liked among a lot of people, increasing the chances that it could be anime of the year for yourself or one of the top anime of the year.
Jan 22, 2016 2:38 PM

Apr 2015
What a queston rotfl, wait to december I see wide perspective looking forward
Is it GreanPeace? I don't think so - whine to your parents or tell'em to buy sth for ur buttpain. Those ppl won't help you.
.. ..

Jan 22, 2016 2:47 PM

Aug 2014
Yeah Erased is clearly the best anime of 2016! Lets just pretend like spring, summer and fall with stuff like Rewrite, SnK S2, Kizumonogatari, potentially S;G 0 and other stuff never happened!

It would be pretty damn hilarious if it ends up being a trainwreck in the end, just to laugh at all the people who already nominate it as AOTY.
Jan 22, 2016 3:10 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Snappynator said:
It would be pretty damn hilarious if it ends up being a trainwreck in the end, just to laugh at all the people who already nominate it as AOTY.
There are chances that it may be because there's too 12 episodes adapting 50-ish chapters (8 volumes) = More rushing than Tokyo Ghoul.
Jan 22, 2016 3:13 PM

Oct 2015
as of now yeah but it could easily become trash later on
Jan 22, 2016 4:52 PM

Dec 2014
Three episodes in and I still think it's amazing.
Jan 22, 2016 4:55 PM

Apr 2013
No it's not. Relax.
おれはPigAmericanです
おれはばか

i am average american man i enjoy
bad game runescape
Jan 22, 2016 5:06 PM

Oct 2007
Snappynator said:
Yeah Erased is clearly the best anime of 2016! Lets just pretend like spring, summer and fall with stuff like Rewrite, SnK S2, Kizumonogatari, potentially S;G 0 and other stuff never happened!

Who even says those are guaranteed to be amazing show? Popular yes, probably highly rated on MAL just because of hype factor which dominates MAL politics and why I barely take it seriously yes, but there are no guarantees in life. I mean none of this even takes into account the potential for hidden gems and other genres. Not everything in anime HAS to revolve around adaptations of popular Visual Novels.

The obvious Steins;Gate comparison factor on top of the Yuki Aoi/Kajiura factor probably has a lot to do with things with this anime as well as it pertains to MAL. That's another anime I liked well enough but can never understand the sheer fervor for as some kind of uncontestable all time great thing and this is coming from somebody that gave it a solid 8/10. Maybe it has something to do with it being a well executed visual novel adaptation which always seems to get really highly scored the same way a Madhouse manga adaptation will.
PeacingOutJan 22, 2016 5:11 PM
Jan 22, 2016 5:19 PM

Oct 2014
shouwa genroku rakugo is way better
erased has way to much overblown drama and convoluted time travel
Jan 22, 2016 8:43 PM

Mar 2014
total sales judge everything, so gundam orphan is better
Jan 22, 2016 9:01 PM

Dec 2015
gabrielrroiz said:

True Rakugo is really good. But that doesn't necessarily mean it's better since they aren't even same story wise. And what do you mean by overblown drama? Just watch Divine Gate and you'll laugh. ;)
Jan 23, 2016 2:36 AM

Nov 2011
What a shitty year it is if this anime is the best.

Jan 23, 2016 2:40 AM

May 2015
KaiserBait said:

Umm...you haven't seen it? You even stated on a different thread that you had never heard of it.

Jan 23, 2016 2:41 AM

Nov 2011
Kittens-kun said:
KaiserBait said:

Umm...you haven't seen it? You even stated on a different thread that you had never heard of it.

I just did now. Move along.

Jan 23, 2016 2:44 AM

May 2015
KaiserBait said:
Kittens-kun said:

Sure. If you did then you'd realize this is the best show of the season.

Jan 23, 2016 2:48 AM

Nov 2011
Kittens-kun said:
KaiserBait said:

Sure. If you did then you'd realize this is the best show of the season.

We'll see about that, it all depends on how it conclude.

Calling it the best show this year is just lolworthy.

Jan 23, 2016 2:50 AM

May 2012
Boku no Hero Academia will be.
Jan 23, 2016 2:58 AM

Apr 2014
There's diamond wa kudakenai, so your statement is invalid hehe
Jan 23, 2016 4:11 AM

Aug 2014
Kaioshin_Sama said:
Snappynator said:

Who even says those are guaranteed to be amazing show? Popular yes, probably highly rated on MAL just because of hype factor which dominates MAL politics and why I barely take it seriously yes, but there are no guarantees in life. I mean none of this even takes into account the potential for hidden gems and other genres. Not everything in anime HAS to revolve around adaptations of popular Visual Novels.

The obvious Steins;Gate comparison factor on top of the Yuki Aoi/Kajiura factor probably has a lot to do with things with this anime as well as it pertains to MAL. That's another anime I liked well enough but can never understand the sheer fervor for as some kind of uncontestable all time great thing and this is coming from somebody that gave it a solid 8/10. Maybe it has something to do with it being a well executed visual novel adaptation which always seems to get really highly scored the same way a Madhouse manga adaptation will.

I never said those are guaranteed to be "amazing", but it's stupid to call Erased AOTY when the first season barely started and 2016 still got a long way to go. Dunno where you got the implication of me saying everything has to revolve around VN adaptations, I just mentioned some shows that can potentially turn out great if done right. And as you said yourself, there might even be some other hidden gems in the next 3 seasons that might aswell be AOTY instead.
Jan 23, 2016 5:49 AM

Oct 2014
KonoYume said:
gabrielrroiz said:

True Rakugo is really good. But that doesn't necessarily mean it's better since they aren't even same story wise. And what do you mean by overblown drama? Just watch Divine Gate and you'll laugh. ;)

Having the mother be a unidemensional asshole that serves only for mistreating her daugher and having so much school bully with hinazuki is really forced drama
Jan 23, 2016 5:51 AM

Oct 2014
Fruit_de_la_Eden said:
There's diamond wa kudakenai, so your statement is invalid hehe

The hype is real and jojo always deliver
Jan 23, 2016 7:36 AM

Jun 2008
Based on the :
- first 3 episodes
- voice acting and soundtrack (Yuki Kajiura rocks)
- popular plot/genre (Steins Gate changed everything)

I would say yes, this anime is great, one of the best of the last years BUT since there is only 3 episodes I think it escaleted too quickly...its just too soon. The anime might go down on the next episodes or it might continue being great and then suddenly have a fucked up ending that will disapoint, so...its just too early to tell.

ワンダーランド花 ♥

Jan 23, 2016 10:02 AM

Jun 2015
No, not when we will have Jojo and D gray man on 2016.
Jan 23, 2016 11:05 AM

Jun 2014
Well.. depending on how will it turn out. I like it so much really and I guess I am not sure if I like it the most or not. There is also Ajin which I think is VERY GOOD.

Ajin and Erased seem to be the best out of this season already. But lets not jump into conclusions because everyone is waiting for Steins;Gate 0 and other GOOD stuff to air later during this year.
Jan 23, 2016 11:10 AM

Jun 2014
robis798 said:
No, that's gonna be Diamond is Unbreakable, but it might be top 3 material.

As long as they make 'Let's go hunting!' better ( just why? :L), then yeah it has a chance.
All credit goes to Sacred.
Jan 23, 2016 11:13 AM

Sep 2015
honestly naming erased anime of the year without even knowing 3/4 is stupid. make those threads in december but not in january with only 3 aired episodes.

btw before someone asks again why popular anime are hated so much. threads like this are the reason.....lots of threads like this

GiveMeHaru said:

Ajin and Erased seem to be the best out of this season already.

the cgi in ajin sucks and not because it's cgi, no because it looks cheap.

Jan 23, 2016 11:41 AM

Sep 2013
if ngnl 2 airs this year you can kiss this anime goodbye XD
Jan 23, 2016 11:45 AM

Dec 2015
ichii_1 said:
if ngnl 2 airs this year you can kiss this anime goodbye XD

That will never happen though. Move on. XD
Jan 23, 2016 12:08 PM

Jul 2015
one of top 100 best of MAL ranking maybe
Well Duh...

Jan 23, 2016 12:24 PM

Sep 2015
Oh my god this is getting ridiculous, it is already more overrated than OPM. That's the worst thing about new anime being shit. Everything is so mediocre that when something above average comes out people start hailing it like it's the new Evangelion.
Pages (9) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 4, 2016

769 by Jocku »»
Yesterday, 10:27 AM

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2016

1398 by Layreur84 »»
Apr 15, 3:50 AM

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 10, 2016

900 by bakakisima »»
Apr 12, 2:03 PM

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 3, 2016

498 by bakakisima »»
Apr 11, 1:04 PM

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 25, 2016

581 by bakakisima »»
Apr 11, 12:06 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.