I don't like:
Ganta from Deadman Wonderland
Mikado from Durarara!!
Shuu from Guilty Crown
Mirai from Kyoukai no Kanata
Yukki from Mirai Nikki
Tsugumi from Soul Eater NOT!
Saki from Shinsekai Yori
Izumi from Parasyte - He was fucking annoying. (first few ep's)
- But I like Migi*u*

Also:
Asuna from Sword Art Online (& I really hate Kirito x Asuna, eeww._.)
Hiyori from Noragami
Hitoe from Selector Infected WIXOSS
Stella from Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry
Nashetania from Rokka no Yuusha

Special:
Shuichi from Gravitation - I know that he's uke but ... Shuichi is acting ... really stupid >< sometimes.

And who ruined whole show:
Chitanda from Hyouka - I can't stand her, I fucking hate her ... dropped bcoz of her.

- Even when I don't like them, I'v finished it. (except Hyouka, but that was really horrible combination. It was about .. hmmh .. nothing? and Chitanda was annoying asf)
But others - I'v enjoyed it even when there was someone I didn like. & I don't regret anything~ (k, maybe I regret watchin Soul Eater Not ... it was really boring)
So no. Disliking MC can't ruin a show for me. Cuz there's always someone/something I like/enjoy.
QellJan 20, 2016 10:25 PM
I'm only responsible for what I say
not for what you understand.

Jan 20, 2016 11:02 PM

Jul 2015
^You have some strong hate to have the patience to link all of their names lol .
Wohooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Jan 20, 2016 11:29 PM

Nov 2009
Fullmetal-Ghoul said:
I literally don't understand how someone could not like Shirou. He's one of the greatest characters in fiction.

I wouldn't call him the greatest character in fiction (that's Shiroe ^_^), but I can't understand their hatred too. Most likely, it's coming from people who can't appreciate morality.

TitanAnteus said:
CapitalistGod said:

Know right? You can also throw in Houki and that Chinese discount childhood friend character in that mix. And IS would infinitely be better.

Wouldn't that just be Strike Witches.

Would anyone even care at that point?

I only started watching IS yesterday (because I wanted to see if Ichika is really as dumb as you say. I'd say he's dumb is a quite amusing manner.).
But still, isn't Strike Witches an obviously better show?
Jan 20, 2016 11:44 PM

Jan 2014
EvilDragon16 said:
^You have some strong hate to have the patience to link all of their names lol .

:Dnow it looks like im a bit bored..
But when I read title of this thread, I jst remembered bout Chitanda and got angry as hell. Thn I remembered others and I felt like ... really motivated. So I wrote it~
Couldn't help myself n-n
I'm only responsible for what I say
not for what you understand.

Jan 21, 2016 12:24 AM

Jan 2015
JkayW said:
It depends and it's subjective.

/thread

Is is subjective, the main point of the topic is to see which animes were less enjoyable, because of WHO for everyone. Just out of curiosity.
Jan 21, 2016 12:58 AM

May 2015
Ushi_Chan said:
I think they do, because since their the MC, you see them alot & then ofc they do things that you don't like.

Am i the only one who finds Eren not annoying? Like yeah, sure, Mikasa can deal with it. But thats only because she had to deal with his sh*t since they were kids. I've heard people say he's annoying & I don't find him annoying?
Damn, I just went off topic (kindof).

Eren is a great character. Mikasa is the terrible one. An avocado has more personality than her. It's hilarious how everyone around her is being interesting and all she can do is protect Eren.
WEAPONS - My blog, for reviews of music, anime, books, and other things
Jan 21, 2016 1:02 AM

Sep 2015
flannan said:
Fullmetal-Ghoul said:
I literally don't understand how someone could not like Shirou. He's one of the greatest characters in fiction.

I wouldn't call him the greatest character in fiction (that's Shiroe ^_^), but I can't understand their hatred too. Most likely, it's coming from people who can't appreciate morality.

TitanAnteus said:

I only started watching IS yesterday (because I wanted to see if Ichika is really as dumb as you say. I'd say he's dumb is a quite amusing manner.).

Wait until you get to the second season. IS is actually quite tolerable at the star; it was enjoyable enough for an average harem show.
But the second season...My god, lol. It becomes awful.
It's an entirely different kind of flying, altogether!
It's an entirely different kind of flying.
Jan 21, 2016 1:06 AM

Jan 2012
TheBrainintheJar said:

Eren is a great character. Mikasa is the terrible one. An avocado has more personality than her. It's hilarious how everyone around her is being interesting and all she can do is protect Eren.

It's cause she is a bad-ass female character, people love those types of characters even if they have the personality of less than an avocado.
Jan 21, 2016 1:08 AM

Aug 2015
If the storyline and plot are captivating then I don't bother with the MC.
Jan 21, 2016 2:56 AM

Mar 2015
In my opinion it is nearly impossible for an animes only flaw to be the MC. There is no such thing as a perfect anime but there are some really great ones out there. There are however some where the weakest point is their main cast or stupid character development (I'm looking at you, second season of Tokio Ghoul and Ore no Imouto).
Jan 21, 2016 3:01 AM

Jan 2015
I want to say yes, but I still watched Accel world even though I hated the MC.
Jan 21, 2016 3:26 AM

Oct 2015
TheBrainintheJar said:
Ushi_Chan said:
I think they do, because since their the MC, you see them alot & then ofc they do things that you don't like.

Am i the only one who finds Eren not annoying? Like yeah, sure, Mikasa can deal with it. But thats only because she had to deal with his sh*t since they were kids. I've heard people say he's annoying & I don't find him annoying?

AoT in a nutshell.

sman3579 said:

It's cause she is a bad-ass female character, people love those types of characters even if they have the personality of less than an avocado.

I guess that's true^
Jan 21, 2016 5:25 AM

May 2015
Ushi_Chan said:
TheBrainintheJar said:

AoT in a nutshell.

sman3579 said:

I guess that's true^

I don't mind badass females, but give me something to hold on to. Ryuko is mostly a badass, but she has an overblown moral hero style. Mikasa just stands there.
WEAPONS - My blog, for reviews of music, anime, books, and other things
Jan 21, 2016 6:53 AM

Oct 2014
Can completely ruin it for me
(Can completely ruin it for me, 30 chars)
I have a self destructive disease inside that eats away at me,
there is no place for it in this world,
this disease is righteousness.
Jan 21, 2016 6:59 AM

Nov 2014
If I can't connect with the characters, I can''t connect with the show.
Jan 21, 2016 7:13 AM

Jan 2013
flannan said:
Fullmetal-Ghoul said:

TitanAnteus said:

Lulwat. Strike Witches was terrible to me. I enjoyed both seasons of IS more than that anime.

Ushi_Chan said:

I think people just hate hotblooded characters. I can sort of understand that since they kind of come off as idiots, but it's usually not the case. Eren's not an idiot. He came out top ten of his class. Most people don't really even take the time to understand them before they jump to hate.

Take Yuu from Owari No Seraph. He's a lot more careful than people give him credit for. He's also a lot more self-conscious and realistic than people give him credit for.
Jan 21, 2016 8:01 AM

Nov 2009
TitanAnteus said:
Lulwat. Strike Witches was terrible to me. I enjoyed both seasons of IS more than that anime.

For me, Strike Witches is a perfect anime. Cute girls doing cute things, fanservice, magic, asskicking and WWII, all in one package. Worldbuilding is really fun too. Now, if they were in school, it could be the archetypical anime all the others wish to be like.

Edit: And of course, the total craziness of the premise: alien invasion that can only be stopped by magical schoolgirls cosplaying as airplanes. That makes it 200% more anime-like.
Jan 21, 2016 8:08 AM

Jan 2013
flannan said:
TitanAnteus said:

For me, Strike Witches is a perfect anime. Cute girls doing cute things, fanservice, magic, asskicking and WWII, all in one package. Worldbuilding is really fun too. Now, if they were in school, it could be the archetypical anime all the others wish to be like.

Edit: And of course, the total craziness of the premise: alien invasion that can only be stopped by magical schoolgirls cosplaying as airplanes. That makes it 200% more anime-like.

Alright, I'll just accept that we have different tastes in anime, though I do want to add, that I do enjoy anime like Arpeggio, and that has fanservice, asskicking, and submarine warfare with submarines that have female shaped interfaces.

Strike Witches's ridiculousness is indeed ridiculous but it's the kind that rubs me the wrong way.

Ichika in IS is pretty bad in season 2. They try really hard to keep the status quo for no actual reason. He should have been in a relationship by the end of season 1 if they wanted to make him a good character, but they couldn't do that because they wanted to introduce more girls and the fans couldn't decide on who their favorite heroine was.
Jan 21, 2016 9:46 AM

Nov 2008
Ushi_Chan said:

Nope, of course you're not the only one. Eren's my favorite. XD I love hot-headed, passionate characters, especially boys.

Jan 21, 2016 4:52 PM

Jan 2015
I liked Lelouch from Code Geass' first season and it's one of the reasons why I liked the show so much. However I started not liking him that much in R2 and that kind of ruined the experience for me. So yeah it can kind of ruin a show for me if I don't like the main character.

But if the main character is still crap a show could still be good if the supporting cast stands out a lot more. But I bet if I liked the supporting cast more in Code Geass R2, it still wouldn't hold up in my opinion since the majority of attention is on Lelouch.
Jan 21, 2016 7:29 PM

Feb 2011
Yes, I think its natural to dislike a show if one of the MCs seriously annoys you. It becomes too intolerable to watch. Its one of the reasons I didnt like shows like Eva.
Jan 21, 2016 7:36 PM

Sep 2015
cookies0 said:
The fat pig in Accel World is worse than Hitler.

this post made my totally day :]

for that I thank you
Make the lie big, make it simple, keep saying it, and eventually they will believe it.
- Adolf Hitler
Jan 21, 2016 10:33 PM

Aug 2015
I think it can, because in most series the whole story is about the MC. ;P
+ the MC also got the most screen time. So if you really hate the MC....
But what everyone said above me, other characters can also make the show likeable.
;)

Jan 21, 2016 10:57 PM

Jul 2015
Yeah, the MC of Akame ga Kill (Tatsumi) really pissed me off.

That show had a few interesting side characters (arguably other MC's), but Tatsumi was just a pain in the ass.
Jan 21, 2016 10:58 PM

Jun 2015
It absolutely affects the entire show.

Best examples are:

Emiya Shirou of Fate/Stay night- the hero of justice (just what is that?)

Amano Yukiteru of Mirai Nikki- the most stupid weakling!
Jan 22, 2016 12:34 AM

Dec 2015
Depends, if a story is nice then mc doesn't metter much, but if i dislike mc, then i'll hardly finish the anime.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 22, 2016 12:52 AM

Mar 2014
Ushi_Chan said:
TheBrainintheJar said:

AoT in a nutshell.

sman3579 said:

I guess that's true^
I feel like I'm one of the only people here that doesn't have a problem with any AoT characters. Mikasa's personality, or lack thereof, makes sense from what we know about her backstory. Her unreciprocated psychological dependence makes sense as well and would make for interesting character development if the writer realized what he had going on (or maybe he does and I just need to read the manga).
Jan 22, 2016 12:54 AM

Oct 2013
I strongly disliked Light but still think Death Note was amazing
Jan 22, 2016 12:58 AM
Jan 2016
Having strong feelings for a character - either love or hate - is usually a sign of strong writing so I'll probably hooked in. The sin I can't forgive is _boring_.

Harems are an exception since the main character is often the least important person to the story.
Jan 22, 2016 5:33 AM

Jun 2015
Definitely. I really dislike Shinji from NGE . I don't understand why many people considered this whiny bastard realistic/best MC.
Jan 22, 2016 5:34 AM

Jan 2016
Yeah, it can. A lot of the focus of a show will be focussed on the main-character, and thus, if I don't like the main-character, I dislike a huge focus of said show. If said show doesn't have a lot of redeeming factors(For example, said show could have a really strong supporting cast), I will probably dislike it.
Jan 22, 2016 6:14 AM

Aug 2015
I think it can ruin the show but also not, it depends on how much the show relies on the MC to make it good or if the show itself is enough to make anyone watch it. I´ve disliked many MC but no one comes to mind right now, but i dont think it has ruined a show that much for me.

[/url]

Jan 22, 2016 6:14 AM

Dec 2015
I dislike Rias and Akeno Damnnnnn and how u guys put pic on dicssion like this
Jan 22, 2016 6:47 AM

Nov 2015
I guess it's possible, but so far I haven't dropped an anime or outright hated one just because of the MC.

Not even Yukkiteru could make me drop Mirai Nikki.

Of course, there have been shows in which an annoying MC made me like it a bit less (for example, I enjoyed Sakurako-san... less than i would normally have because of the MC's annoying tendency to "preach" morality and whatnnot. It got on my nerves, particularly in the episode with the cat skeleton at the school's lab. I gave the show a "fine" rating instead of "good"). But even when there is an annoying MC, it doesn't often change my opinion of an anime.
refael9190Jan 22, 2016 7:02 AM
Jan 22, 2016 6:49 AM

May 2011
There's so many friends of mine, that recommend me a anime/show and say 'watch it for this character' instantly i think, no, what about the main character? Because really the whole show revolves around the MC and if they aren't interesting whats the point?

Sure there are shows that don't fully revolve around the MC and still turn out good, but i'll never be able to say that anime was 'really great' because the MC was bland etc.

One MC i really hate is Kirito lol.
Jan 22, 2016 6:54 AM

Nov 2009
ARF_08 said:
Definitely. I really dislike Shinji from NGE . I don't understand why many people considered this whiny bastard realistic/best MC.

Shinji is totally realistic. That's why he's a bad MC and a lot of people hate him. Because realism is a bad thing.
Jan 22, 2016 6:56 AM

Oct 2014
Yes, NHK's sato basically made me drop the show halfway through.
Jan 22, 2016 7:14 AM

Jun 2015
flannan said:

Shinji is totally realistic. That's why he's a bad MC and a lot of people hate him. Because realism is a bad thing.

No, Shinji isn't realistic. This guy is the most realistic character ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jan 22, 2016 7:19 AM

May 2014
flannan said:
ARF_08 said:

Realism can be good but Shinji's realistic behavior reminds us of why we wanted to escape irl for a few minutes and watch something like anime in the first place
Jan 22, 2016 7:22 AM

Jul 2012
Definitely. A lot of anime these days are hollow and redundant. I find that if I can't like a character(s) then I'll definitely get bored with it, evidently disliking it. I think that there are a lot of anime with main characters who are intentionally written to be a certain way that T R I G G E R S the viewer, I can appreciate good writing like this and its clear when this was intention because it'll have a lot to do with the plot, or the character's background. Its a rare thing for new anime since they often poorly recreate character development which you'll get plenty of in manga or light novels. It is what it is..
Jan 22, 2016 9:23 AM

Nov 2008
merryfistmas said:

I guess that's true^I feel like I'm one of the only people here that doesn't have a problem with any AoT characters.

I also do not. Nobody is really worth hating on the show so far.

Jan 22, 2016 9:51 AM

Jun 2008
Now are we talking about the MC that personally people don't like or MCs that are designed not to be liked? From what I've been reading it's just personal. Are there any animes in which the MC is not supposed to be liked?
What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?

Jan 22, 2016 9:56 AM

Nov 2008
sbyrstall said:
Now are we talking about the MC that personally people don't like or MCs that are designed not to be liked? From what I've been reading it's just personal. Are there any animes in which the MC is not supposed to be liked?

Yes. School Days. Actually, I don't think you're supposed to like ANYONE in that show. XD

Jan 22, 2016 9:56 AM

Sep 2015
sbyrstall said:

School Days is the first one to come to mind.
Edit - ninja'd by 7 seconds.
It's an entirely different kind of flying, altogether!
It's an entirely different kind of flying.
Jan 22, 2016 10:04 AM

Dec 2015
Kryptiq said:
ABSOLUTELY!

- Danmachi : Maybe it was because of his voice actor (i really don't like Matsuoka), i couldn't stand Bell. BREASTia Hestia being there also did not help.

- Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei : Tatsuya and his annoying sister can fall into a ditch and die for all i care.

- Aldnoah.Zero : Inaho is probably one of the worst and most boring MC i have ever seen.

- Mirai Nikki : Yuuki ruined a good portion of the show for me.

- Himouto! Umaru-chan : Despite the rest of the cast being likable characters, Umaru's shitty personality was too much for me to handle.

The thing you said about Mahouka made laugh so much. I couldn't agree more man. I think that show was dropped within the first 5 episodes just because of those two... uhhhh

Also Akane from Pyscho Pass pissed me off so much, but I didn't drop it. I just wanted to gouge my eyes out everytime she came on screen.

I think certain MC's can ruin the show and make people drop it. Eren in AOT is annoying as hell, but I can suprisingly over-look him because of the show itself and the other characters in it. Another one I overlooked was Accel World even though I could not understand this fat dude getting his own personal harem... I mean COME ON!
Jan 22, 2016 10:07 AM

Jan 2015
sbyrstall said:

Personal. Wouldn't make much sense to talk about MC's who are made to hate, since everyone would hate them :D
Jan 22, 2016 2:11 PM
Jan 2016
I wouldn't say that it would necessarily "ruin" an anime for me but it definitely does lessen my enjoyment at least a bit. How much would depend on how good the story and the other prominent characters are. For instance, I couldn't stand Amu in Shugo Chara! or Shuurei in The Story of Saiunkoku but I still enjoyed the shows thanks to the stories and the other characters.

Though I have to admit that there have been a few series that I've dropped almost immediately because of the main character. Can't think of any by name at the moment because I dropped them so quickly but I know it's happened.
Jan 22, 2016 2:30 PM

Nov 2008
petitekuroneko said:
For instance, I couldn't stand Amu in Shugo Chara!.

Huh.

Any particular reason you disliked her? I can't think of any......though her taste in boys is crappy (Tadase really? lol)

Jan 22, 2016 3:34 PM
Jan 2016
Chiibi said:
petitekuroneko said:
For instance, I couldn't stand Amu in Shugo Chara!.

Huh.

Any particular reason you disliked her? I can't think of any......though her taste in boys is crappy (Tadase really? lol)

It's been a while since I've watched or read the series but I seem to recall her being a little inconsistent for my taste. Like in one instance she would be cool and tough and then she would get a little whiny and indecisive for me. I also found her to be a little overpowered (especially when she got Dia, who I didn't care for at all) since she had four times the amount of transformations than most of the characters. I also don't like most main characters where the majority of the people around them seems to think that they're awesome and great at everything and loves them because that's not exactly realistic...
This is what I seem to recall anyway, once again, it's been a while since I've read or watched it. She just kinda rubbed me the wrong way I suppose. No hate on anyone who liked her. Just not my style of female lead really. I will saythat I hated Shuurei a lot more than her and she's not the worst female lead on Earth but I didn't care for her.
Jan 22, 2016 3:40 PM

Nov 2008
petitekuroneko said:
Chiibi said:

Huh.

It's been a while since I've watched or read the series but I seem to recall her being a little inconsistent for my taste. Like in one instance she would be cool and tough and then she would get a little whiny and indecisive for me. I also found her to be a little overpowered (especially when she got Dia, who I didn't care for at all) since she had four times the amount of transformations than most of the characters. I also don't like most main characters where the majority of the people around them seems to think that they're awesome and great at everything and loves them because that's not exactly realistic...
This is what I seem to recall anyway, once again, it's been a while since I've read or watched it. She just kinda rubbed me the wrong way I suppose. No hate on anyone who liked her. Just not my style of female lead really. I will saythat I hated Shuurei a lot more than her and she's not the worst female lead on Earth but I didn't care for her.

Ah, I see. Yeah, Amu wasn't my absolute fave either but I liked Amulet Spade and I thought Utau was awesome. they should have given her a love interest WORTHY of her awesomeness though, that pisses me off. lol

*grins*
If you hate Shuurei, I would LOVE to see your reaction to Fushigi Yuugi's Miaka. Worst female lead ever; she makes even the ones that annoy you a little bit suddenly look amazing. Her talents include screaming her boyfriend's name every ten minutes.....and eating. And being a special kind of stupid, none of which can be found in any other character. I'm pretty sure five-year-old children are smarter than this teenager.

Come to think of it, she fits this topic to a T. She absolutely RUINS her own show with her presence. I can't enjoy it anymore.
ChiibiJan 22, 2016 3:51 PM

Pages (8) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» What are your thoughts on harem anime?

BuddhaIsBetter - Today

46 by TitanOfPlasma »»
4 minutes ago

» Muskoku Tensei is the antithesis of Evangelion ( 1 2 )

ShuisBased2 - Jan 15

66 by PostMahouShoujo »»
8 minutes ago

» Character explaining their own power to opponent is stupid, why do they do that?

Rinrinka - 11 hours ago

38 by Absurdo_N »»
11 minutes ago

» Anime and Time Management

LenRea - Yesterday

17 by Yuu_Kanzaki »»
26 minutes ago

» Anime Clubs in College

Peach_Main - 9 hours ago

9 by Yuu_Kanzaki »»
28 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.