Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Dimension W
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »
Jan 11, 2016 8:28 AM

Mar 2014
Pretty good for a starter
Jan 11, 2016 8:36 AM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
The OP is really good, probably the best this season.

This has nice concept and interesting MC also.

The unique visuals make this quite stand out from most anime nowadays.

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Jan 11, 2016 8:39 AM
Nov 2014
[quote=SchwingBoner]Wow, potential AOTS right here. And the dancing in the OP was brilliant.

The dancing was on point in terms of imitating actual dance styles, but idk what it was either the animator/sound dubbing was totally off key(Maybe they switched songs) As in the beat was much to fast for the movements.

I can also point out parts where the dancing seems to slow down unnecessarily, but again this could be because a different song was used when animated.

Just some thoughts from someone who for quite a few years was very much into street dancing(Hard to explain styles to people who aren't aware). I appreciate the intricacy and detail though.
Jan 11, 2016 8:42 AM

Dec 2014
Nice first episode, Intriguing world and the W dimension with it's coils has got me interested.

Kyouma dancing in the OP, Epic XD .
Jan 11, 2016 9:05 AM

Aug 2015
Decent art and animation and also an entertaining episode, dat android fanservice on Mira though, still wondering on Kyouma's hate on coils and I bet there's something fishy about the DAB
Jan 11, 2016 9:11 AM

Mar 2015
4061453 said:
Did this mangaka get paid by Tesla Corp to shill for them?
funny enough in the upcoming episode, their place is very grey. we can't even see they are villian or not as far as manga scanlated.
ExtraCheeky said:
God there's going to be a lot of info dumps in this @.@ ...
there will be almost less info dump until 3rd story (fake maid cybrog). the world building really build little by little in this series. sad enough that's why i think 12 episode would not do it's justice. i think they will stop right at mysterios murder case arc (which has totaly different feelings, lOl).

OT: pretty very well done adaptation. the pace is almost perfect. the only one my rant is too much fanservice. but yeah, that's pretty understable. can't wait "beheaded" scane.
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Jan 11, 2016 9:35 AM

Apr 2015
Friend recommended this to me and I didnt expect something nice, but this was really great!

Cute Girl :p

Thnx Mahdi
Jan 11, 2016 9:42 AM
Jul 2018
It definitely is interesting but the episode kind of dragged on a bit, the mc is really cool and the action was nice so I'm hoping for the best out of this.
Jan 11, 2016 11:07 AM

Jul 2015
So far this is the only anime that immediately grabbed my interest, and after watching this episode, it's not bad. Nothing really extraordinary, and I do have a few gripes with this, but I'm not disappointed overall. Colorful characters, so far, of which I will always take, thank you. That large white haired woman, Mary, looks pretty to me.

Well then, let's see how this goes.
Jan 11, 2016 11:36 AM
Sep 2013
Good first ep, already way too much fan-service but still good.
Jan 11, 2016 11:44 AM

Apr 2014
This one is good...better than I expect it to be.
Mira is cute...a robot that have feeling and emotion like human...interesting.
I like the dance in the OP, but the ED theme is not to my liking.
Anyway, let's see how the story/plot goes.
Jan 11, 2016 11:52 AM

Jul 2015
Snakeox said:
Good first ep, already way too much fan-service but still good.

Yeah, this is one of my only gripes that I already have, BUT I can deal with this type of stuff as only a minor issue if it's good overall... and if it doesn't get too annoying (like if it's so frequently up in my face).
Jan 11, 2016 11:58 AM

Dec 2009
This show is gonna be awesome!
Nice to have a badass for a lead every now and then. I bet all those 'murican nostalgia-fags are twitching over this one lol.
That gynoid has one hell of a quantum computer in her noggin.
....There's nothing wrong with fan-service.

A note to the technology: they have the Tesla Net all misunderstood... oh well. Just call it magical networked power generators and it all makes sense. Energy is present everywhere, including in the air and in the vacuum of space. You don't need any kind of ad hoc quasi-dimensional nonsense to harvest ambient energy that fills our living universe. It's still a mystery to me why we still have yet to actually make use of a tested and functional technology.

Ps: it's called a gynoid not android. She's female form, not male form.
Don't be sexist, err shape-ist.

It's funny how we call humans "man" when the default genome is female.
GenesisAriaJan 11, 2016 12:11 PM
❀桜舞う空〜                   Cute is Power.           🔗CosmoGenesis Project
“You cannot know what you do not know.”
“Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”
“A truth seeker has no patience for BS.”

I seek only to improve myself and others.
Jan 11, 2016 12:12 PM

May 2009
Z_Tetriminos said:
Did you say 2036?
Did you say... KYOUMA???
This is a warm up for Steins;Gate 0!

It's starting to look like what Concrete Revolution failed miserably to be.

Except ConRevo is great.
Jan 11, 2016 12:52 PM

Jul 2014
Seems very interesting, it's got me hooked already. Excited to see more!
Jan 11, 2016 1:36 PM

Aug 2014
Probably one of the better shows this season. If story doesn't try to get overly ambitious this should be fun. Art style and direction is nice, also it seems like they didn't really front-load it too much with good animation so I hope it stays consistent on that front. Staff looks great.
Jan 11, 2016 2:38 PM

May 2009
The animations, character design, first ep story overall and opening song were great. Probably my second favourite of this season. This anime might become a real masterpiece! Keep up this good work pls :3
check out my twitch: https://twitch.tv/slowy
Jan 11, 2016 2:43 PM

Apr 2015
Quite nice. Loved the mc, just wished they showed more of him and less of the robot girl :/
Jan 11, 2016 2:59 PM

Jan 2015
Promising start. Gave me some Gangsta vibes. Hopefully this doesn't fall short like Gangsta did.
Jan 11, 2016 3:11 PM

Nov 2011
The start at the manga was meh and incomprehensible, they did it much better in the anime, they're gonna need a lot more of that to make the coming arcs interesting enough. Not feeling Mira's VA too much but Kyouma's is perfect.

Studio 3Hz easily breaking into the elite mold, they didn't sell much with SNM but that hasn't hampered the budget here, as usual the OP and ED animations and absolutely sublime.
Zee530Jan 11, 2016 3:16 PM

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Jan 11, 2016 4:14 PM

May 2009
Zemroid said:
Promising start. Gave me some Gangsta vibes. Hopefully this doesn't fall short like Gangsta did.

Studio 3Hz is fresh and young, not a falling apart shadow of it's former glory like Manglobe
Jan 11, 2016 4:25 PM

Jul 2015
bastek66 said:
Zemroid said:

Studio 3Hz is fresh and young, not a falling apart shadow of it's former glory like Manglobe

As cruel or harsh as this sounds, I can't help but agree, really. >_>
Jan 11, 2016 4:44 PM

Jan 2014
Exceptionally brilliant OP. Pretty much the best OP I have seen for seasons.
SDF is the sheet, again :D

The MC is quite interesting, the robot girl is generic af.

The storyline is quite good, but as SoL and non-episodic anime go, it's kind of hard to make it continuously interesting. Don't give up Dimension W.
You will soon learn that a heart that choose to exist, even in a life filled with pain, will one day allow us to meet again.
With the world's blessings, we will meet again and again, forever returning to the homeworld we've yet to see.
Many, many times.

Jan 11, 2016 5:00 PM

Jan 2013
Above average. The opening is awesome, dat dancing though!

The story is nothing special for the moment imo. I like the character designs a lot, and the animations are good too.
Jan 11, 2016 5:38 PM

Feb 2011
Considering Kyouma's hatred of coils, I'm sure he will outright refuse Mari's request at 1st. Not only does she run on a coil, but she slapped him twice & probably broke something. (He should really get that checked) As for her being a robot, it's likely Kyouma just doesn't know what else to call her. Anime fans obviously know terms like cyborg/android, but Kyouma still lives in the past as the blonde officer stated. A better question would be what she calls her self, besides "girl." One can't have a gender if one can't reproduce imo; but if one still has the features, even if useless, I guess one would still fall under a category. Anyhow, hopefully they shed some light on why Kyouma hates coils so much.
Give me at least 5 minutes to modify my post before quoting me. (refreshing page advised)
Jan 11, 2016 6:00 PM

Aug 2015
I didn't get anything from the first episode besides the good animation, especially the action scenes. I like the way the MC fights. He reminds me of Wolverine, but his moves are way cooler. As for the sci fi aspect, I don't know if it just wasn't explained enough or the concept's just too loose to engage me. The same goes for the plot. Unnecessary fan service. I feel life's too short, there are better stories and characters worth my time.

Best first episode so far for me is Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu. Easily a masterpiece on Ep1.
蒼穹を舞う。
Jan 11, 2016 6:24 PM

Oct 2008
not bad, shame it's only 12 episodes. feels like the beginning of something much more.

could've done without the fanservice and hilariously bad OP. also what's up with that weird full-colour shadow & background thing? can't say that was effective

also got serious darker than black vibes from this. and no wonder, they both share the same writer and the mangaka for this has worked on darker than black!
Jan 11, 2016 7:05 PM

Aug 2010
Awww man, only 12 episodes. :(
Jan 11, 2016 7:27 PM

Jun 2014
Amazing start!

Definitely loving the characters and the whole coil storyline has peaked my interest!

Kyoma really gives me an old-school "Get Backers" vibe and I think that is why I'm finding him so bad ass!

Top 5 for me!
So glad that I'm not a huge manga reader, because the manga readers WHINE WAY TOO MUCH and have to RUIN every adapted anime for the ANIME ONLY WATCHERS!
Jan 11, 2016 7:32 PM

Mar 2014
Yasuomi Umetsu is a genius only to direct the opening and the ending part, but i quite like his art style.
Jan 11, 2016 7:44 PM

Nov 2011
Need more ass shot.

Jan 11, 2016 8:59 PM

Jan 2014
That was exceptionally good!

It kind of reminds me of Daredevil (Netflix) but with its own kind of flare to it. Nicely done on all accounts!

Cannot wait for the next episode.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 11, 2016 9:03 PM
Jan 2014
wait. wut. I didn't get it . What did the professor do? If he blasted all the coils why is the grill alive?
Jan 11, 2016 9:37 PM
Dec 2013
I fxxking love that 2000GT. The grandfather of Japanese supercar...

Last time this car sold at auction for around $1.15M USD
Jan 11, 2016 11:09 PM

Feb 2014
Tongs said:
wait. wut. I didn't get it . What did the professor do? If he blasted all the coils why is the grill alive?

Only active coils were destroyed. So they simply replaced the girls broken coil with a new one.
Jan 11, 2016 11:12 PM
Jan 2014
eXtacy67 said:
Tongs said:

Only active coils were destroyed. So they simply replaced the girls broken coil with a new one.

Oh okay. So what was the point of the Professor doing it?
Jan 11, 2016 11:35 PM

Aug 2013
Tongs said:

Destroying all his research and any evidence so the enemy cant get it?
Jan 11, 2016 11:46 PM
Jan 2014
jhoson14 said:
Tongs said:

Destroying all his research and any evidence so the enemy cant get it?

Thanks! was really confused after that scene
Jan 12, 2016 1:49 AM

Oct 2013
This show turned out to be quite intwresting.

Was kinda surprised about it.
Jan 12, 2016 2:55 AM
Jun 2014
Very nice so far. There definitely needs to be some more world-building in the future episodes and a good explanation of how this 'coil' system works, but I am pleasantly surprised with the show so far.

I also find the MC intriguing. It's interesting how he chooses to use gasoline-powered cars, even though we find out right at the beginning how expensive gas is these days. Is he nostalgic for the past and hates new technology, like Will Smith in iRobot?

Robo-loli is very cute and I'd like to see her motivations for what she does.
Jan 12, 2016 4:15 AM

Jul 2014
TheSlack said:
I honestly didn't have the biggest expectations for this one, but damn did I enjoy that episode :O

It's so interesting and definitely contender for the best of the season, also really looking forward to this studio and what they'll make in the future! c:

+ 1
yeah i don't expect anything good but this surpass my expectation too..
Jan 12, 2016 4:26 AM
Nov 2015
Badass dancing lol
Jan 12, 2016 7:31 AM

Jun 2015
abg said:
TheSlack said:
I honestly didn't have the biggest expectations for this one, but damn did I enjoy that episode :O

It's so interesting and definitely contender for the best of the season, also really looking forward to this studio and what they'll make in the future! c:

+ 1
yeah i don't expect anything good but this surpass my expectation too..

Can't agree more!
Still, we need more episodes to be able to judge properly.
Jan 12, 2016 7:35 AM

Nov 2014
It's a great start,seems pretty nice,reminds me of Darker Than Black with that skills.
Jan 12, 2016 7:42 AM

Nov 2011
How early is not addictive as I expected, but the story looks promising, fingers crossed. Narrative that for now does not offer much explanation, but has made up for this lack good putting a little spice to the story with action and with the final twist. Drawings and animations are not bad, CG enough, I look forward to future episodes to evaluate it better.

Nice opening. XD
Jan 12, 2016 8:05 AM

Aug 2014
Definitely picking this one up, MC is cool, the plot seems interesting, the animation and art is very appealing. The robot girl I already hate, but I'll live with it. Hopefully the butt and curve shots tone down, though.
~||Sky of the Night Light||~
Jan 12, 2016 8:43 AM

Sep 2012
This one looks really good, a bit predictable but good.
I am better than you.
Jan 12, 2016 10:00 AM

Aug 2013
Favorite of the season with Boku dake ga Inai Machi.
Jan 12, 2016 12:02 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Enjoyed this. Doesn't try to be too "deep" and bombard you with incomprehensible dialogue which is a failing of many sci-fi anime. It's nice and to the point. It's also refreshing to have an adult MC instead of the classic shounen hothead or self insert characters. Oh and he drives a 1967 Toyota 2000GT which is the most classic of all Japanese sports cars!
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jan 12, 2016 12:52 PM

Jan 2015
the dancing op was a win.
this show caught me by surprise and im enjoying it. The sci-fi-ness is nice, so was the action.
the android girl really intrigues me and kyouma is pretty ba so far.
looking forward to the next ep
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dimension W Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 21, 2016

147 by Bestmilkcarton »»
Mar 24, 2023 2:42 PM

Poll: » Dimension W Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 7, 2016

149 by weaboo_mestre »»
Jan 9, 2023 9:26 PM

Poll: » Dimension W Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jan 31, 2016

154 by cheesehuffer »»
Nov 7, 2022 1:20 PM

» should i drop this

mydaddy - Mar 18, 2022

8 by rmcewen »»
Mar 19, 2022 8:10 PM

» Why The Rating?

VANSEDE - Apr 7, 2016

11 by Daninokuni »»
Jan 14, 2021 12:58 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.