Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Dec 6, 2015 4:44 AM

Jul 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I'm surprised at how much I enjoyed the movie. It was nothing like the book, but it was so enjoyable as a prequel to the tv show, I guess it's AU to the books now? The humor was balanced with the drama.. and the best was, unlike the tv series, the story was pretty evenly focusing on the four main characters' issues and their ways to overcome them and becoming friends and a team, all 4 had their chance to shine in the spotlight. I really liked Asahi and Ikuya more than I thought I would.
Of course the makoharu scenes were also off the charts, it was beautiful :')
Voice acting wise, Tattsun was the only one really trying to sound like a kid XD

Anyway, can't wait to watch it again *__*
Dec 6, 2015 4:59 AM

Jun 2008
It was beyond beautiful!

Not a MakoHaru shipper, but their scene in the water towards the end made cry.

Natsuya made everything even better.
Dec 6, 2015 5:36 AM

Jul 2013
Where did you guys watch it?
Dec 6, 2015 2:06 PM

Feb 2013
That was super pretty and adorable. MakoHaru moments were worth EVERYTHING.
Currently considering myself a die-hard fan of Ikuya. Beautiful! 9/10
Dec 6, 2015 11:01 PM

Aug 2010
Any idea when this comes out on Blu-ray?
Dec 14, 2015 2:53 AM

Jul 2009
Opi-chan said:
Any idea when this comes out on Blu-ray?

In 6 months more or less, probably.

I had high hopes for this, but it seems KyoAni completely butchered up the original novel. Any comments from people who read the novel and watched the movie?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 14, 2015 3:29 PM

Sep 2014
Only read the novels, but from the tumblr spoilers it seems they removed probably the most important scenes. Makoto's plotline suffered the most. Not sure about Nagisa's, because I haven't seen the mentions of his plotline in the spoilers. So it seems that, unfortunately, they were devoid of character development - which is a shame, because Makoto gets a big one, and we come to understand his fears, his personality and his relationship with Haru on a much deeper level than it's even shown in Free! The same is with Sousuke, as I can already suppose, his character remains flat, though in the book he shows different sides of him.
Plus they took one moment from the 1st novel and kinda changed it to fit into the plot of the movie. Interesting, but still not as impactful as it would've been if they had preserved original 2nd novel's events.
Dec 21, 2015 5:34 AM

Jul 2007
me_here_me_there said:
Only read the novels, but from the tumblr spoilers it seems they removed probably the most important scenes. Makoto's plotline suffered the most. Not sure about Nagisa's, because I haven't seen the mentions of his plotline in the spoilers. So it seems that, unfortunately, they were devoid of character development - which is a shame, because Makoto gets a big one, and we come to understand his fears, his personality and his relationship with Haru on a much deeper level than it's even shown in Free! The same is with Sousuke, as I can already suppose, his character remains flat, though in the book he shows different sides of him.
Plus they took one moment from the 1st novel and kinda changed it to fit into the plot of the movie. Interesting, but still not as impactful as it would've been if they had preserved original 2nd novel's events.

They only kept a few things from the novel, but for the most part it's an original plot inspired by the book. I loved the novel, but the movie was good in a different way and tbh the main 4 characters had great development and fair treatment on the screen and have their own lives and depth that Nagisa and Rei sorely miss and even Makoto didn't get to show that often.

The rest of the characters were only support, with Nagisa, Rei reduced to cameos. Rin and Sousuke mostly kept true to the novel but didn't take much of the focus, and they don't in the book either so it's fine; the only thing is Sousuke who gets a little of his own development and sort of appreciation for Haru in the book, is only in the movie as Rin's voice and doesn't really have anything beyond that which is sad, but it sets him better aligned with his S2 entrance, which didn't correspond that well with his book version.

The movie is much more balanced and positive than the novel. There's lots of comical moments, but not over the top crack and characters aren't reduced to jokes or gag fillers. The comedy is woven so well with the unfolding drama, which really impressed me, especially as I disliked the episode this writer wrote for the show (Nagisa's episode in S2).

As for Makoto's important development; maybe we don't get to see his fears, but that I guess for kyoani was already dealt with in S1. His connection not just with Haru, but also swimming is brought up to front and center and he accepts himself and who he is, which is a great refreshment since Makoto is a character that usually doesn't tell how he really feels and hides behind his smile unless in a stressing situation.

Asahi and Ikuya are much better in the movie than in the books and unlike the book, Kyoani develops their friendship with Haru and Makoto, and do it in a natural way that really makes me feel pain when I remember it all ends in winter when Haru quits competitive swimming and the club.

Anyway, don't base your opinion of the movie based on spoilers, wait until you watch and see for yourself. For kyoani's rushed writing and magic fixes, this movie was really amazing and well-paced. It's not as deep as a novel can get due to the medium's restrictions of course, but I often prefer books over the film adaptations so I'm kind of glad in retrospect (they would've ruined the book!). I do hope the novel will get a manga (with a different artist than HS1 tho..), it would be nice to see it in a visual medium too.
myth720Dec 21, 2015 5:46 AM
Dec 21, 2015 4:11 PM

Sep 2014
Thank you for this detailed explanation! I'm trying not to judge beforehand, I guess I've put too many expectations on the movie and hoped it to be the faithful adaptation of the novel when it was announced, but now I see we should try to percept it as an alternative version and a new page in the franchise.
Waiting patiently for all the boys' interactions ^__^ I'm happy that KyoAni developed the main four in this way and made their bond tight after all the drama (bc in the book it's just they came together-they suffered and screamed a lot at each other-they got a moment of enlightening-they swam a relay-what's next???)... until I remember we never see Asahi and Ikuya again. *cough* The same with the senpais.
...OKAY WHO AM I KIDDING WITH THIS SENSELESS TEXT HERE I JUST WANT AS MUCH KISUMI SCREENTIME AS POSSIBLE KYOANI PLZZZzz
Dec 30, 2015 1:00 AM

Feb 2015
me_here_me_there said:

i cant find it anywhere i look :(
Dec 30, 2015 1:12 AM

Mar 2015
Hopefully this movie (which I'm not interested in ) is only a prelude for a 3rd Free! season in the near future.
Jan 14, 2016 12:58 AM

Sep 2011
Finally got to see this yesterday, only one theater in my prefecture was showing it. I really enjoyed it. I thought they took a lot from the second light novel. There were a couple inconsistencies especially when it comes to Kisumi when relating to the rest of the anime. I also teared up a bit. The animation was stunning as usual.
Jan 15, 2016 8:32 AM
Oct 2014
Who know when the DVD blueray and streaming online will be releases?
Jan 20, 2016 7:50 AM

Jul 2008
Indeed I am surprised at how much I enjoyed this, too. I was very sceptical towards it. But then I wanted to give myself a reward for working through most of my finals (plus a few other sticky issues), so I finally decided to watch it. I'm really happy I had this change of heart.
LoxarisJan 20, 2016 8:30 AM
------------------------
Database Guidelines
Denials: anime | manga
Modifications: anime | manga
-----------------------------------
Jan 22, 2016 1:02 PM
Jan 2016
I had a good chuckle when I read here how some people formed an opinion on the High Speed! movie only based on "spoilers" and without having seen it themselves. Makes me question how many of the 146 votes were done by people who have actually seen and judged High Speed! with their own two eyes.

Personally, I watched High Speed! in Japan and it was quite an experience. Slightly unrelated, but I was amazed by Japanese manners in theatres: No talking, no annoying sounds; everything was quiet so one could enjoy the movie to the fullest.

Unlike the TV series, High Speed! does a fantastic job at establishing and fleshing out its four main characters and making each of them likeable as an individual. The secondary cast is charming as well despite their restricted screentime (particularly the two senior characters).
The interactions between the characters are both entertaining and funny during the numerous (comedic) slice-of-life moments. The more serious moments are handled delicately and have weight due to the use of washed out colors, visual imageries and voice acting performance. I want to give extra props to Haruka's seiyuu Shimazaki and Asahi's Toyonaga for their incredible work.
One scene is very impactful in the typical style of director Takemoto (think of the "hair/flower" scene in Hyouka's first episode or the famous Kyon scene in Disappearance).
I was quite pleased by how tight and coherent the plot and its progression are. There isn't a single unnecessary scene in the movie and the pacing is very satisfactory (which is amazing considering director Takemoto's last movie The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya).
The water animation and visuals are a huge step above Free!'s and there are some really well-done character animation cuts.
The "adolescence" theme is implemented excellently throughout the whole film. At the end of the movie, the viewer is filled with feelings of "emotional purification".

I enjoyed the movie immensely.

Now, let me say a few things.
I too read the 2nd light novel the movie is loosely based on shortly before the premiere and can say for certain that the movie does a much better job at plot crafting, pacing and character building. Especially Ikuya's character is a big improvement on all accounts.
My biggest complaint for the novel is its lack of a sense of unity between the relay team. The narrative calls them friends and a great team but that's it. The movie however actually shows it and creates a very warm atmosphere around the 4 boys.
Another important negative point is the pacing. The light novel has simply too many unneeded elements that only contribute to confusing the reader while the movie has less of them and concentrates on those. Plus, the novel's climax scenes clearly lack impact so the reader has a hard time getting a feeling of time for the events and gets bored a lot.

Overall, I'm impressed by how the staff took the novel as a base and turned it into a much more entertaining product in form of a movie. I was actually skeptical at first about how the adaptation would turn out because of the above mentioned aspects but the High Speed! movie easily convinced me.

Now I really can't wait until the Blu-rays are out so I can watch High Speed! again!
dosensJan 23, 2016 5:36 AM
Jan 23, 2016 3:40 PM

Nov 2007
i enjoyed it thoroughly DESPITE disliking makoharu a lot. don't let it stop you from watching just because you read there's a lot of it in there.

the characters were absolutely precious, the visuals stunning and i had a lot of good chuckles and sniffles in the cinema. would definitely watch again! also totally worth the big screen. as for the characters, i never would have thought i'd love ikuya, but here we are. had my usual problems with haru but everyone else was just too cute to bear.

makoto's smile was even cuter than usual. god bless.
Jan 23, 2016 4:41 PM
Jan 2016
Lazu said:
had my usual problems with haru

Want to elaborate?
I thought Haruka's character is much better in High Speed! than Free! because he actually acts like a proper protagonist, voices his concerns for others (Makoto, Asahi, Ikuya, Natsuya) and actively contributes to solving conflicts unlike the TV series. I guess if his usually cool demeanor isn't to your liking then it can't be helped though.
Jan 28, 2016 1:21 PM

Nov 2014
omg this movie has been released since the 5th of december BUT I CAN'T FIND IT ANYWHERE ;_;
Jan 30, 2016 2:55 PM

Jan 2015
I watched the movie today at the cinema and I love it. The HaruMako moments were so beautiful and Nagisa's voice was so cute!
Jan 31, 2016 7:05 AM

Jan 2015
I watched the movie yesterday and really, really liked it- a lot. Rei's appearance in the library took me by surprise because I didn't think they'd include him, since the other boys didn't know him yet back then. Was a nice surprise ^^ and all the cute HaruMako scenes <3 definitely a movie I'm gonna buy once it's released on Blu-ray.
Jul 20, 2016 6:18 AM

Nov 2007
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Jul 22, 2016 6:26 AM

Oct 2013
That water scene with makoharu was amazing.

I think rin sent the letter to sousuke knowing sousuke will pass it to haru. Thanks to that we had some mamoru. 😁

Some tearing scenes from ikuya and makoharu confrontation. Asahi was the idiotic bubbly boy.

It'd be nice if we have high speed into a series for more character development.

Makoharu all the way. ❤❤
Jul 23, 2016 5:15 PM

Apr 2009
Mayuka said:
Someone PM me when this is English subbed ;_;

Centricmax said:
Who know when the DVD blueray and streaming online will be releases?
Came out two days ago. It's already subbed in Spanish and Chinese.

In Spanish?
I can't find it anywhere in Spanish.

Jul 23, 2016 5:46 PM

Jul 2012
amyiceeyes said:
Mayuka said:
Someone PM me when this is English subbed ;_;

Came out two days ago. It's already subbed in Spanish and Chinese.

In Spanish?
Idk!!
I've been seeing screenshots with spanish subs on my twitter LOL
Jul 24, 2016 10:31 AM

Apr 2009
Mayuka said:
amyiceeyes said:

In Spanish?
Idk!!
I've been seeing screenshots with spanish subs on my twitter LOL

Oh man, I'm so tempted to search for it on Twitter, but I know I'll just be getting spoilers.

Jul 25, 2016 11:29 PM

Aug 2014
Such an Amazing film! I Just got around to watching this in english and I'm so glad I waited instead of watching the raw version.

Although it does makes me a little sad watching this and seeing where it fits into the free! narrative between the end of the relay in elementary school to the beginning of their first year in highschool. It's sad seeing Rin and Haru seeing how they end up in just 2 years time (I haven't read highspeed so please forgive me if it goes more in depth) And how they're all such good friends but there isn't even a mention of ikuya and asahi in the anime ;-;.

Also would mind seeing a bit more of Kisumi in the future KyoAni ;p
Jul 27, 2016 12:27 AM

Jul 2012
did someone delete my comment WOW
RUDE

PM ME IF YOU WANT ENGLISH SUBTITLES BYE
Jul 29, 2016 11:49 AM

Sep 2015
It was perfect! I enjoyed it so much, all of the guys are adorable!. Though I wish there were more Rei
Jul 29, 2016 12:00 PM

Mar 2015
Utter crap. I knew this would suck. A season 3 of Free (with adult characters) would have been so much better.

I loved the two seasons of Free! but I don't care for the characters childhood like at all.

Well, the sales for this movie are extremely high. So I hope they at least the money wisely and produce a third season some day.
Jul 29, 2016 12:05 PM
Aug 2015
Beautiful animation! I hope we get a third season.

I shed bits of tears since I enjoyed it so much.

Little megane Rei was so cute >.< I still can't get over the fact that I love Makoto so much.
Jul 29, 2016 3:33 PM

Aug 2014
The story was beautiful and I loved seeing my beloved characters back
This is the first anime ever to make me cry,and it made my feelings cry and their feelings too,emotionally it destroyed me but oh boy it was worth it.
My favorite emotional moments:
1)Makoto and Haru at the pool at night
2)Haru making Makoto understand who he was
3)Ikuya's breakdown
Also Nagisa was the candy man...so adorable...he was like baby goals
Jul 29, 2016 3:34 PM

Aug 2014
Helenus said:
Utter crap. I knew this would suck. A season 3 of Free (with adult characters) would have been so much better.

I loved the two seasons of Free! but I don't care for the characters childhood like at all.

Well, the sales for this movie are extremely high. So I hope they at least the money wisely and produce a third season some day.

if you love the characters you would enjoy this,it stays true to them and I bet you haven;t even watched it
Jul 29, 2016 11:08 PM

Aug 2009
//cries on everyone

Like most people I was very hesitant since there was new characters, but Im serious I truly adored this movie! It was nothing but completely lovely! Just 5 minutes in I was smacked in the face with nostalgia. Lovely story, lovely and sweet new characters, and it was a pleasure to see everyone again.

What I can also conclude from this is that I also miss all these characters so much! Hearing their voices again just brought me to tears. CAN I DREAM of a 3rd season with EVERYONE while they are in college? PLEASE KYOANI! Think of the money you can make (lol). My heart hurts every time something Free! ends because I always ending up wishing for more.

I love this franchise SO SO SO SO SOOOOOOOOO much and I will always wish for more.
Jul 31, 2016 3:26 AM

Jun 2016
Lulexiaa said:
//cries on everyone

Like most people I was very hesitant since there was new characters, but Im serious I truly adored this movie! It was nothing but completely lovely! Just 5 minutes in I was smacked in the face with nostalgia. Lovely story, lovely and sweet new characters, and it was a pleasure to see everyone again.

What I can also conclude from this is that I also miss all these characters so much! Hearing their voices again just brought me to tears. CAN I DREAM of a 3rd season with EVERYONE while they are in college? PLEASE KYOANI! Think of the money you can make (lol). My heart hurts every time something Free! ends because I always ending up wishing for more.

I love this franchise SO SO SO SO SOOOOOOOOO much and I will always wish for more.

My thoughts exactly XDDDD....though it's very not likely possible..I am soooooo wishing for a 3rd season too!

The water effects and the scenery were really good too...it just makes me filled with life.
Jul 31, 2016 11:45 AM

Mar 2012
Woah, I'm in shock because I enjoyed it so much. Very clear and catching story not only about swimming, but friendship and talking about feelings. The MakoHaru moments was so cute and I really like Asahi, my new little cutie *^*
Jul 31, 2016 2:45 PM

Jul 2012
I watched this with my friend today and damn, this movie HIT ME RIGHT IN THE KOKORO.

So, it was super angsty. We took 3 breaks in between to calm down and watch a lighter Anime (a comedy for instance) because it was too heavy to watch.

Makoto and Haru relationship was done extremely well in this movie. It was great watching everyone grow here, but at the same time, a bit awkward because I know that Haru reverts back to emo boy in Free! s1 so it was weird having him and Mako grow SO MUCH in their middle school movie. Nevertheless, it was great. I didn't expect that much growth with the characters, even Asahi got growth. The Nao and Ikuya brothership was very interesting and Ikuya was very enticing as a character.

Also, REI. MY BOY. NAGISA. MY BOYYYY. That is all.

9/10 for story + writing + character development + music
Enjoyment is at 8/10 because of how heavy it was.
Aug 1, 2016 6:11 AM
Nov 2015
Despite being a so called adaption of the novel, this was nothing like it. Not that I'm complaining, because this was just amazinggg

DEM FEELS THO
Aug 1, 2016 5:12 PM
Feb 2015
Baby nagisa is so precious^^
Aug 2, 2016 4:14 AM

May 2010
Kisumi's younger voice makes me laugh for some reason, loved it--he made this movie for me tbh. The scenes without him made me wish he joined the swimming club, too

Haru's "...desu" crack me up. His keigo is like mine, add desu at the end of everything lmao

Nagisa's voice is so high man

Kisumi is merciless when it comes to Asahi, fun
I find the whole Ikuya-Natsuya misunderstanding annoys me. At least Asahi tries to be as cheerful as he can, he's a fun character.

Man the teen drama... I am not in the mood of it at the moment, so I'm finding it hard to digest. Expected something... less heavy. The drama does feel teen-ish but some part of it feels overdone.
I felt MakoHaru for the first time. Like it feels so platonic that it wouldn't be strange if one of them confessed and the two started going out lol. Still prefer it as a brotp, but if Makoto and Haru do feel anything romantic for each other, then that's okay too.

I'm glad Ikuya's plot is over, he will turn more likable now. Liking his duo with Asahi.

Nao is a good senpai-- Natsuya too

Yet again, this turned enjoyable fast. And yay, Rei flashback--hes just called megane lol

Highlight of the movie? Not that they had conflicts. Not that they resolved them and became best of friends. Not that they won. But Kisumi's laugh. That was beautiful. Okay, it made me laugh a lot. Laughs like that are the best.

Good movie. Had its ups and downs but fun. 7.5/10. Natsuya was my fav from the new characters.
Aug 2, 2016 11:44 AM

Jan 2015
As expected it was between cute and creepy. There were a lot of sorta cute/touching/funny scenes, but that it was middleschoolers made it just a little creepy.

All in all it was a decent movie, though.
Aug 2, 2016 2:09 PM

Feb 2012
Yeah overall the movie was really nice, I just didn't like how it was a prequel to the original series, not a big fun of seeing how they started out and what not, would have liked it more if we got a continuation of the story from the TV series.

Well hopefully there will be season 3 or something, I hope the female audiences got through for this movie and brought all dem blu rays and dvds.
Aug 2, 2016 6:07 PM

May 2015
Yay we got to see smol pink haired guy, he deserved more screen time tho...

Older brother Kirishima was hot,he deserves his own series.

The pool scene was lovely, the movie felt so MakoHaru but it was nice to see more of them. But the angst...

The cameos were nice, Sousuke, Rin, Rei and Narisa!

I wanted to take the movie seriously but I couldn't help but laugh sometimes, I shouldn't had watched 50% OFF xD omg I just kept imagining the movie with their voices and with their jokes, specially with Haru... So many joke opportunities,
Aug 3, 2016 8:50 PM

Aug 2014
Congratulations to everyone for making such a wonderful movie (prequel of main story) full sadly and also happy scenes! Directly to the Kyoto Animation for one more time keeping their art designs and effects of the entire story! Thanks all the Seiyuu's voice actors for also keeping their maximum performance of doing the voices of the characters! Thanks a lot again!

Now telling my personal opinion, I really loved the movie, the story is very interesting and emotional too. It caught my attention specially for that. Almost at the end of the movie I was thinking that you guys didn't do your best to the movie, but once the final scenes appeared and the credits too, I was no longer thinking that way... Of course you guys did a great job for this project!

I really love most of projects since I just seen anime more frequently for 2 years, so I think I should watch more anime (TV; Movie; Ovas;...) to get known more about you! <3 ^.^ 10/10
Maloween 2017
Main Candies
Aug 8, 2016 6:11 PM

Dec 2014
Waited for months for this and it's definitely worth the wait. XD The characters are awesome (well, except for Ikuya, I really don't get what his problem is, but oh well... -_-'). Asahi and Kisumi have lovely personalities, too. The story is solid imo. Really great. XD

Now I am hoping for some sequel of the series? like what the heck happened to Ikuya and Asahi? And is Nao swimming again by the start of the main series? LOL! Really makes me wonder what happened to them. :)
LuzuNataliaAug 8, 2016 6:21 PM
Aug 10, 2016 2:15 PM

Mar 2011
I thought I wouldn't like this since this was a prequel and missing my favorite characters, but it turned out pretty good. It was well worth the long wait.
I instantly fell in love with Kisumi, Asahi, and Ikuya (Wonder where those latter two are now...)
The drama was a little over the top, but I guess considering the series I wasn't that surprised.

9/10, would rewatch this multiple times.
mintychoco_Aug 10, 2016 2:24 PM
Aug 15, 2016 8:47 AM

Mar 2014
Literally everybody wants Haru's D: the movie

It wasn't as good as I thought it would be, it was decent but it definitely doesn't beat the first season. Maybe it's because I watched it during an eight hour long car trip (I tend to feel kind of numb during long car trips)?

I'm probably going to have to rewatch it in a few months

Strong 6/10
Comic_SansAug 15, 2016 8:53 AM
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Aug 18, 2016 3:12 PM

Apr 2016
I am so deeply impressed!! I never would have thought that I would enjoy this movie this much. I found myself pausing here and there just to laugh.

The characterization had me laugh. - Ikuya is such a tsundere, Asahi is extremely expressive, and the senpais are so lovely. <33 I really do like the equal amount of screen time to our four main characters. Their individual problems were understood and handled so well. Asahi, for example, we can see his enthusiasm as he tries to convince him "I'm a genius" in front of the mirror, and that energy slowly died... But it was really nice to see him no longer have the fear of being unable to swim. Overall, it was very clear to see how personal problems can affect the team's motivation toward swimming.

I really, really, adored seeing the four of them team up and become such good friends. Hanging out at Haru's house and being there for Ikuya when he cried... <3 Lunchtime with Kisumi was always so nice! Too bad Kisumi never joined the swim club. xD

The images from the ending theme song got me. So many good scenes!! Natsuya helping Ikuya and the two brothers slept on the train, Asahi met Rei again, Haru and Makoto supporting Nagisa, and Sousuke reading Rin's letter...

I really would like to see Nao and Natsuya swim together. :) Glad to see that Nao's okay after the eye surgery.

I actually like this movie a lot more than the two seasons.
Aug 24, 2016 8:54 AM

Mar 2016
It was such a nice movie, I really enjoyed it, I miss Free xD

I feel Tatsuhisa really pulled off sounding like a middle schooler the most, kept thinking about it after watching the movie xD
Aug 26, 2016 10:30 PM

Jan 2014
AFGHDJSHJKL MAKOHARU!

That scene with Makoto and Haru swimming together in the pool with their clothes on was more gay than any yaoi anime I have ever watched and that's a lot. The two are so canon it hurts. It was beautiful. I love them, especially Makoto. "You're... you."

I hope there's another movie for the first novel. I want to see the river scene adapted.

The new characters were great but it's kind of sad there's no mention of them in the anime seasons because they're prequel characters. Maybe in future adaptions?
Sep 24, 2016 8:25 PM

Jan 2008
Another great watch from Free. Not as good as the high school team or the elementary team but I had so many laughs.

The charas are lovable in their own way especially the new ones. I really enjoyed watching Asahi for his being just a child, his energetic ways and honest attitude. I am also entertained by Ikuya Kirishima by his tsundere mode, his brother complex, and just simply awkwardness. And so is his older brother Natsuya...and he's cool. But, hahaha, aside from being competitive, he's still a bit childish too...won't like to lose racing with Haru. Oh oh I greatly ship Natsuya and Nao. :D Nao is also cool and also like a gentle mother hen. XD

I really hope Free will continue till uni.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Movie First?

Hiroyuuki - Jul 30, 2016

6 by RealCheeze »»
Oct 20, 2022 8:43 PM

Poll: » Favourite Character in this Movie?

Cloe900311 - Aug 18, 2016

8 by Rojaseb »»
Feb 1, 2021 9:46 AM

» Iwatobi School

violetcrumble - Oct 28, 2017

0 by violetcrumble »»
Oct 28, 2017 3:25 AM

» OST Discussion

Mayuka - Dec 18, 2015

3 by violetcrumble »»
Nov 26, 2016 8:22 AM

» New Free! Animation series in the making!

Mayuka - Aug 14, 2016

10 by Cloe900311 »»
Aug 18, 2016 6:41 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.